Plenty of reading to catch up on this weekend! This week saw appearances on the Blog from all manner of industry luminaries, including Naughty Dog guru Amy Hennig (discussing her PS1 classic Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver), Team Ninja boss Yosuke Hayashi (talking up forthcoming PS Vita effort Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus) and God of War: Ascension director Todd Pappy (offering news on Ascension’s special editions).
It was also a great week for indie games, with a first look at impressive puzzle platformer Ibb & Obb, a glimpse behind the scenes at Joe Danger 2 developer Hello Games and a heroic guest post from Derrick the Deathfin co-creator Gordon Midwood – check out his cockle-warming efforts to answer every single reader comment!
Looking forward, next week is shaping up to be BIG. The new-look PlayStation Store goes live on Wednesday and we’ll be bringing you a closer look as launch approaches! We’ve also got a fantastic guest post from Sony Worldwide Studios’ irrepressible president Shuhei Yoshida in the pipeline, as well as news on a few keenly-anticipated betas.
Have a good weekend everyone!
- Community Update: Eurogamer, FIFA 13 and GT5 – Win a copy of FIFA 13 and get the latest on two new GT5 events in this week’s Community Update
- “We want your feedback!” – Share your views on PlayStation’s online presence: our reader survey is now open to French, Italian, German and Spanish readers
- Ibb & Obb turns PSN upside down in 2013 – Richard Boese, Creative Director for ibb and obb, tells all on the cooperative puzzle-platformer with a gravity twist
- Sack It To Me: It’s LittleBigPlanet PS Vita competition time! – The crew from LittleBigLand.com have set up the very first LittleBigPlanet PS Vita create competition giving you the chance to win a Rare Prize Crown and a super special LittleBigLand pin
- Dishonored: Unleash supernatural powers this week on PS3 – Check out some of Dishonored star Corvo Attano’s supernatural powers courtesy of Bethesda’s Matt Grandstaff
- Paint Park contest winners revealed – We have the winner and runners-up of our recent Paint Park competition right here
- PlayStation Home: New kids on the block – Two new developers make it to PlayStation Home this week – we say hello to Jam Games and Bigyama
- Ghost Recon Future Soldier: Khyber Strike DLC available today – We take a look at Khyber Strike, the third downloadable content package for Ghost Recon Future Soldier
- Derrick the Deathfin takes a bite out of PSN today – Derrick the Deathfin is now available on PSN. We’ve got all the details, and news of a tasty PlayStation Plus discount too
- Joe Danger 2 out today: new video and PS Plus deal! – Sean Murray, managing director of Hello Games, tells us why he’s just had the “most exciting and nerve wracking” day of his life
- ‘Heads-Up’ Game Store Update 10th October 2012 – Dishonored, the new stealth adventure from the genius minds that brought you System Shock, Deus Ex and BioShock 2, is the star of this week’s Store Update
- The music and sound of The Unfinished Swan – We hear from Joel Corelitz, composer on The Unfinished Swan, on why the game’s soundtrack will be “lush, curious and warm”
- Sackboy hits the launch button on Project (Near) Space in Australia – Sackboy is preparing for his biggest little big adventure yet! Read about Sackboy’s adventure into the Earth’s ‘sackosphere’ attached to a meteorological balloon!
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn – the first screenshots – For all our RPG-loving fans we’re excited to bring you the world’s first screenshots of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn on the PS3 (Chocobos included)!
- Killzone Trilogy post-launch double XP weekend announced – If you’re new to the Killzone universe, this is your chance to catch up with the higher ranks!
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus interview: Ryu returns to PS Vita! – Team Ninja boss Yosuke Hayashi talks to PlayStation Blog about Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus, DOA5 and Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
- Smart As release date confirmed for PS Vita – PS Vita’s all-new social brain training game, Smart As, launches later this month. Find out when!
- God of War: Ascension – Collector’s & Special Editions unveiled – Calling Kratos fans everywhere! The God of War: Ascension Collector’s Editions and Special Editions are coming!
- Access Episode 53: Dishonored! FIFA 13! Resi 6! – This week’s edition of Access takes in the FIFA 13 Celebrity Cup, a live-action Resident Evil 6 event and Dishonored too
- Of Orcs and Men out today on PlayStation 3 – Cyanide’s Sylvain Sechi takes us through the background to Of Orcs and Men, released this week on PlayStation 3
- Rainbow Moon rises on PS Vita in 2013 – Rainbow Moon is leaping from PlayStation 3 to PS Vita in 2013. We talk to SideQuest Studios on making the move to Vita
- Behind the Classics – Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver – Soul Reaver left a lasting legacy on gamers. PlayStation Bblog talks to the game’s director Amy Hennig (now of Naughty Dog) to get the inside story
- PlayStation Mobile: Introducing gun-free shoot ‘em up, Rebel – Michael Michael (yes, that is his real name) of PomPom Games tells us about blowing tons of stuff up without firing a single bullet
- Weekend Debate: When was the last time a game surprised you? – Win a download code for New Little King’s Story on PS Vita by telling us about the last time a game surprised you
- Weekend Essentials 147 – Discover the amazing Dishonored on PS3, travel with the Doctor on PS Vita and enjoy a treasure trove of downloads this weekend.
- Game On – Your week of gaming goodness awaits with Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified and some of your best PlayStation related Tweets.
- What’s your favourite Killzone moment? – Win a copy of Killzone Trilogy on PS3.
- The Unfinished Swan: 10 things you need to know – Discover more about The Unfinished Swan as developer Giant Sparrow reveals some little known facts about this incredible PS3 adventure.
- Trophy Cabinet: Mass Effect 3 – Get your galactic rescue mission off to the best possible start with the PlayStation Community’s platinum trophy hints.
- Not sure whose scarf to wave? Here are some FIFA 13 tips for the best teams in career mode
- Face up to a challenge with Dishonored’s hardest trophies.
- A certain online retailer says GTS 5′s release date will be March 2013. What do you think?
- Take a look at WWE 13′s Universe Mode and find out what you can control this year.
- Master saving the planet with our handy XCOM: Enemy Unknown tips.