Posted 12:01pm

PlayStation.Blog Recap

Plenty of reading to catch up on this weekend! This week saw appearances on the Blog from all manner of industry luminaries, including Naughty Dog guru Amy Hennig (discussing her PS1 classic Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver), Team Ninja boss Yosuke Hayashi (talking up forthcoming PS Vita effort Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus) and God of War: Ascension director Todd Pappy (offering news on Ascension’s special editions).

It was also a great week for indie games, with a first look at impressive puzzle platformer Ibb & Obb, a glimpse behind the scenes at Joe Danger 2 developer Hello Games and a heroic guest post from Derrick the Deathfin co-creator Gordon Midwood – check out his cockle-warming efforts to answer every single reader comment!

Looking forward, next week is shaping up to be BIG. The new-look PlayStation Store goes live on Wednesday and we’ll be bringing you a closer look as launch approaches! We’ve also got a fantastic guest post from Sony Worldwide Studios’ irrepressible president Shuhei Yoshida in the pipeline, as well as news on a few keenly-anticipated betas.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Playstation EU

Official PlayStation Magazine - UK

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

25 Comments 9 Author replies
Show oldest first

manutreble 13 October, 2012 @ 12:03 pm   1

Looking forward to the new play station store its looks so much better

supersmith2500 13 October, 2012 @ 12:16 pm   2

Btw Fred, any info on why Burning the Rope for the Vita missed this this week’s Store update. Btw, looking forward for the new Store look and hopefully fixes the Store bugs.

Fred Dutton 15 October, 2012 @ 8:58 am

I believe Burn the Rope was pushed back a week at the last minute – it should be in the store on Wednesday.

I’m actually really, really surprised there wasn’t some kind of article on the Euro blog about the store update! It has been on the US blog since Thursday.

Here’s a question and answer session with a Sony Network VP and a Store manager from another site.

The answer to last question really says it all.

The “classic” infamous download list remains with us with the redesigned store according to the US blog? What a bummer!

When they really worked 2 years on that redesign and “listened” to the store criticism, a new solution there should have been a natural top priority for them. I can barely believe that they really dare to release it without a better content library.

“It is something we’re looking to improve in the future” feels like a slap in the face. You were supposed to improve that YESTERDAY. Argh.

*sigh* I really hope that it won’t last another year for them to get rid of that crap.

Dark-Twisted 13 October, 2012 @ 1:34 pm   5

Looking forward to it, sounds awesome.

But please fix the Vita/PS3 problems relating to friend’s statuses, friend list positions, messaging, trophies, and general cross platform PSN features that I mentioned in the forums. After re-organising the Store and download list, I think this should be the next priority for Sony.

i like the new store,but it’s amazing that the download list remains the same,lol,also you should bring the new store to psvita cause the current one its like the old one whick is ugly,also the messaging, friend list on vita needs a REDESIGN,the cross platform psn features it’s just a mess,you need to put first priority to make the consumers life easy,and how important is these days the INTERFACE.

DAVIE222-PSVita 13 October, 2012 @ 1:57 pm   7

when is the new playstation store coming? apparently its coming a week early in europe.

also will the ps vita store had a redesign too?

17.10 Davie

Fred, I want to tell you I enjoy your interviews a lot. You are not afraid to ask the tough questions and it’s clear you are a gamer. Thank you very much.
It’s often very frustrating to keep positive and see all the stuff Sony is doing right like the exclusives and Plus when there are essentials that your competitors do so much better. Like getting games on time or have a better deal with publishers with demo’s or have a system that results in dlc we still not have. Very essential.
I’m sure you also ask the tough questions to Sony and I hope we will see a much needed improvement before the end of this generation to restore faith in the brand.

ryannumber3gamer 13 October, 2012 @ 3:22 pm   10

Cool stuff. So there’s going to be a post about upcoming betas next week and a redesign to the PS Store! I hope the upcoming betas will be a public beta of R&C Qforce for everyone as when it was here for PS Plus members i loved it!. The PS All-Stars Battle Royale beta coming to plus, I got into the PS Vita beta when invites where sent to people and i think it was so much fun. I’m also hoping for news about the God of War beta.

Fred Dutton 15 October, 2012 @ 8:59 am

Yep, just finalising the details of these posts now. You shouldn’t have too long to wait…

Witcher70 13 October, 2012 @ 4:50 pm   11

Looking forward to the ps store redesign its long overdue, also what happened to Burn The Rope? a big fuss was made then…..nothing why? and where was the PS mobile weekly update?

Fred Dutton 15 October, 2012 @ 9:00 am

Burn the Rope was pushed back a week, so will be in the Store this Wednesday.

As for PS Mobile, I believe the store will start updating ever Wedensday as of this week.

ryannumber3gamer 13 October, 2012 @ 5:50 pm   12

Also Fred is the PS All-Stars beta still coming to plus?

abdirizak007 13 October, 2012 @ 7:32 pm   13

hi Fred what did she say the pruodut manager about Sly demo? Thank! for the Answer :)

Fred Dutton 15 October, 2012 @ 9:01 am

I haven’t got a straight answer on that one I’m afraid. If I get concrete news, I will pass it on.

redalertrules 14 October, 2012 @ 6:17 am   14

hey Fred can you please answer if call of duty black ops declassified comes with roads to victory in eu and the pal regions as its been confirmed to be in the box for the north american copies to download.

Darlo-Richie 14 October, 2012 @ 12:36 pm   15

In all my disapointment over Walking Dead ep 4, I did try out Joe Danger and found I loved it, silver linging and all that! :)

My point over the release dates still stand and I do hope that for the last episode at the same time as everyone else… please?!

Fred Dutton 15 October, 2012 @ 9:03 am

Yes, a silver lining if ever there was one. Great game.

We’ll be working with Telltale to make sure you get pt. 5 in a timely fashion. The nature of episodic game development means things can get a bit ‘last minute’…

Darlo-Richie 14 October, 2012 @ 12:37 pm   16

My grammar eh?!

That we get it at the same time as everyone else!

supersmith2500 14 October, 2012 @ 5:32 pm   17

You know Darlo, I hope the final Episode gets released on time too. I mean SCEE always fall behind SCEA and even Steam and Xbox Live. I hope SCEE hires new members and try and get Konami and Capcom to add their content too.

Also comparing to the US I think ours could be improved. Well thank god for the maintenace which hopefully keeps servers healthy and also the new store look. I mean this is what SCEE needs, new members for the Store team. SCEA had lots. Btw, here’s the questions you can answer Fred and I’ll be back reading them on Tuesday night.

- What happened to Burning the Rope?
- According to the 14th post, is Roads to Victory bundled with COD: BOD?
- Any release date for the White Vita or still TBA?
- What happened to the PS Mobile update?
- CS:GO still coming?

Fred Dutton 15 October, 2012 @ 9:05 am

1) Out on Wednesday!
    2) Sorry, that’s one for Acti!
    3) Still TBA I’m afraid!
    4) These start this Wedenesday!
    5) No new news for you there!

most intresting = new ps3 store
i hoope very soon after lounch
downoad list
map : games – dlc – advatars- demo´s – trailers
also dlc from 1 game togeter in one map
+ option to download game + dlc / ore al dlc in once

+- 650 dowlodebel tings = pain to find

ps vita needs outo download trophies to al ps vita owners .
friendlist + mesage in one buton
faster games like litle big planet / ac 3 – lots of good rpg
also last but not least price drop +- 50 €

ps3 = utube
smoother trophie sincing + ps3-vita tropies ???? ( i not now if posibel but if = + )
personise panel on ps3
also lock key to ps+ intims if u ps+ expire
whit options to get ps+ again / buy game ore erase .

edit auto download trophies after u stop game .

Dishonored absolutely amazing game , for me this game is epic really , love how many options you got ….im really lost for words here.
if anyone still thinking about getting this game then my advise is GET IT NOW…works absolutely fine on ps3

@OttoT spot on

Voodoo341 15 October, 2012 @ 9:20 am   21

When Shuhei Yoshida guest posts will he also answer questions in reply to his post?

Fred Dutton 15 October, 2012 @ 9:37 am

Well, he’s a very busy man, so I wouldn’t hold your breath. But I’ll make sure he has a log-in – you never know.

Skookie30 15 October, 2012 @ 9:21 am   22

@ fred

I like the idea of bigwigs coming on to the Blog, should do more often which involved with the community to address Fears.

but i wonder why now is it due to the lack/delay/faulty of content.

i am looking forward to asks tough questions. :)

@Skookie30

i wish we could get some info on if either SCEE is actually trying 2 improve or just gonna continue 2 fail,with the bigwigs coming i doubt anything off actually substance i doubt they will awnser anything towards all the failure’s and this constant discrimination towards lesser countries.

Witcher70 15 October, 2012 @ 11:32 am   24

Thanks :)

Hell-Raiser-85 15 October, 2012 @ 11:41 am   25

Any news on Retro City Rampage?