Posted 18 October

BioShock Infinite: Ultimate Songbird Edition showcased

PS3_Beauty_Ultimate - lead image

Imagine you get to work with Robb Waters, the concept artist who visualized the cover of System Shock. The Trickster in Thief. Man-Bot in Freedom Force. BioShock’s Little Sisters. Sander Cohen. And BioShock Infinite’s Songbird.

Now imagine you can get him to personally conceive and oversee the production of the coolest statue in the world.

Then imagine we put that huge sucker in a period-style box, with custom artwork by Robb and Irrational concept artist Jorge Lacera. And that box went IN the collector’s edition box so you could leave that guy unpunched in his original packaging while you tear happily into the rest of the goodies.

Now imagine that 9-and-a-half-inch statue looked like this…

statue pic

That monster is what’s in the Ultimate Songbird Edition of BioShock Infinite. But if your sugar daddy won’t pony up for the whole megillah, there’s also the Premium Edition, which includes a giant pile of swag:

• A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica.
  • A 5 x 7-inch lithograph by Jorge Lacera.
  • A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.
  • A mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed cover.
  • Various digital goodies: exclusive in-game gear, a digital soundtrack and downloadable themes.

PS3_Beauty_Premium

Of course, all of the above is also included in the Ultimate Songbird Edition. And for the true nerds in the audience, the Songbird statue, the Murder of Crows keychain, and the Handyman all come in separate custom packaging.

Both Collector’s Editions will be available in limited quantities, so yadda yadda, sign your life away right now! All collector’s editions will be up for pre-order in Europe and Australia from Monday 22nd October.

You owe it to yourself to check the thing out in this lovely display made by our amazing web team. I like it. My mother likes it. So it must be good.

BIO INFIN FOB BLUE SKY PS3 PEGI

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

23 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

SOLD!!

BlindMonkey 18 October, 2012 @ 1:17 pm   2

Usually an ultimate limited whatever edition with a statue means absolutely nothing to me, but that songbird looks amazing.
I’m definitely going to check that edition out for preorder Monday if the price is reasonable.

almighty-slayer 18 October, 2012 @ 1:21 pm   3

Stupid tacky figurine. No thaks.

Limited edition as in borderlands 2 ultimate loot chest limited? And only game pre order or can I go to shopto?

GraFGrizzli 18 October, 2012 @ 1:25 pm   5

Ehm, LE is 80$, CE is 150$. 70$ for a figurine, which after Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, Max Payne 3 and other will mostly be cheap looking?
Well, I would get CE if there weren’t other big releases like NiNoKuri, MGS: Rising, DmC and Tomb Rider. :(

Awesome, but is don’t think i will spend that kind money on Bioshock. :)

The big box edition would be bought if it had a full size art book (like Bioshock2 had), the mini art book is very disapoining. Also it should include a making off blu ray and the soundtrack on cd for that price.
The statue looks great though (what company produces it?) but the nik naks like the keychain and the boardgame stuff I could do without. The Crows vigor bottle should have been the original size bottle, would love to have that one, not this…

These ultimate/special editions look great but they start to take up too much space and then just gather dust.Really looking forward to the game though.

Stonesthrow 18 October, 2012 @ 3:00 pm   9

Can’t wait for this, especially now, with Dishonored and all..

Bumblebee 18 October, 2012 @ 3:00 pm   10

LOVE IT. I’m running out of shelf room for these specials but OH! I will find space for this beauty!

I’d just like to say a couple of things to any Collector’s Edition makers out there though (shouldn’t apply to this edition, mind)…

1) If you’re including a Steelbook, PLEASE make it a PS3-box sized steelbook. Not the generic DVD case. Flippin’ annoys me that my shelves are designed for PS3 boxes and I get some stupid XBox sized case. Mass Effect, I look at you. Tekken Tag 2, you did likewise. Well done for including a box at all (Batman: Arkham City didn’t have one at all and expected me to keep the game in the art book.. NO).

It annoys the heck out of me

2) If including a “special edition” in an “ultimate edition”, please don’t leave stuff out. It annoys me that I didn’t get a slipcase for my Resi 5 steelbook after spending £130 on one of the worst special editions ever. Why scrimp on that to save a few pennies for the company? Wow, so I got a crap jumper… big deal.

However, this special edition looks AMAZING so well done for thinking of everything!

that’s gotta be a big box. O_O

kinglambert 18 October, 2012 @ 5:07 pm   12

It looks great but I was burned by the Bioshock 2 collectors edition. Prior to release it was being sold as “Limted numbered one print run” and “only available through Play.com”. Just before release it was suddenly available to order everywhere and within weeks after release it was being sold at some retailers for £20
Don’t get me wrong, it was a great collectors edition and I still look through the art book. The problem was that I bought it after it was sold to me as a real limited edition and I paid a premium for it. I won’t be doing that again

Wow!! So tempted by one of these! Will be checking uk retailers on monday for sure!

chrisandsheva 18 October, 2012 @ 9:33 pm   14

well i like the look of the game, but am still trying to save up for the super deluxe ultimate RE6 edition, it’s only got a copy of Leon’s (leather ?) jacket in, wow, so the $1200 asking price is very reasonable, imo.. lol. Seriously, i just like to play the games, But IF these type of CE’s were actually investments, like RE6s will be,NOT.. i would think about ‘investing’, have Any of the ps3 era CEs actually held their value ?, or even increased, really would like to know that.. i do know theres some mad prices for ps1 games today, so maybe these ones might follow suit in a ‘few’ years. Still it isn’t ‘always’ about the money, good luck to anyone who buys this/other CEs.

This will probably cost me a kidney to sell already.

GOWIII ultimate ed was 150 Euro too….

DO WANT!!!

Pure_Mind_Games 19 October, 2012 @ 10:44 am   17

probably overpriced, let me know when the game is £15

funnydude6556 22 October, 2012 @ 3:06 pm   18

Wait what stores can we preorder this from? I can’t seem to find anywhere that sells the Ultimate Songbird Edition.

funnydude6556 22 October, 2012 @ 6:12 pm   19

6:11PM and none of the sites have the Ultimate Songbird Edition.

supersmith2500 22 October, 2012 @ 7:01 pm   20

Does the game also come with original Bioshock too?

funnydude6556 22 October, 2012 @ 7:33 pm   21

@20 one of the guys on the IG Forums confirmed that it does

Bumblebee 22 October, 2012 @ 8:59 pm   22

So where can I buy it? I’ve been checking all day and I can’t find it. Oh, if I’ve missed it I am gonna be SO annoyed.

Timethriller 23 October, 2012 @ 1:11 pm   23

At the moment game.co.uk is selling it as an exclusive…

According to bioshockinfinite.com, amazon.co.uk should also have this… they only have the premium edition though!