Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 11:00am

Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss casts a shadow on PSN today

DarkSouls_DLc_ArtoriasOfTheAbyss_PAL_Banner_E2_632x263

Hi everyone. Later today, From Software and Namco Bandai Games welcomes you back to the deadly world of Lordran. Yes, that’s right, we’re talking about Dark Souls, but more precisely about Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss, the new downloadable content pack released today on PlayStation Network.

DarkSouls_ArtoriasoftheAbyss_Preview_SC9 DarkSouls_ArtoriasoftheAbyss_Preview_SC8

This new content has been designed to satisfy the never-ending hunger for adventure and exploration of those players who haven’t yet lost their mind after countless deaths in the original game. It perfectly integrates the existing storyline and lets you unveil some mysteries about the lost kingdom of Oolacile and the (in)glorious past of Artorias, one of the four champions of Gwyn, the lord of Cinder.

As you can expect, the new maps are filled with terrible bosses and original fearsome monsters as well as tons of those deadly traps that have you bellowing “Noooooo” at the screen (and possibly tossing your controller in its general direction).

DarkSouls_ArtoriasoftheAbyss_Preview_SC7 DarkSouls_ArtoriasoftheAbyss_Preview_SC6

Loot lovers are not forgotten either – expect your inner ‘gotta-get-them-all’ instincts to awaken once again, with loads of new special souls, armour sets and weapons to collect.

Last but not least, the online features have also been updated, with the addition online matchmaking features for both co-op and player vs. player gameplay. In a special secret arena, you will be able to check your abilities and your shiny new equipment against the most skilled fighters in the world.

DarkSouls_ArtoriasoftheAbyss_Preview_SC5 DarkSouls_ArtoriasoftheAbyss_Preview_SC1

You can download Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss from the PlayStation Network today for €12.99/£9.99.

And if you have never experienced Dark Souls, don’t miss the chance to grab the new edition of the game, titled Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition that comes out in shops this Friday 26th October for PlayStation 3, including the original game and the additional content.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

79 Comments 9 Author replies
Show oldest first
Fred Dutton 24 October, 2012 @ 11:02 am   1

Just hook it to my veins!

Can’t wait for this. Beating Dark Souls was probably one of my biggest gaming accomplishments. It was a brutal but incredible experience and I’m glad that I persevered until the end. I feel sorry for anyone that stopped playing the game after the first initial hours. They have missed out on one of the best games of this generation.

Radim_cz_eu 24 October, 2012 @ 11:12 am   3

WHERE ARE THE TROPHIES ? It’s year 2012 lol

Brilliant! Wish I hadn’t clicked on that 1st picture though, it’s a tiny spoiler.

The wait is finally over :D

Can’t wait for today’s evening ;]

helghast102 24 October, 2012 @ 11:34 am   6

Waiting on that store update!
Played the PC version using a certain crappy official controller that I won’t name here, I’ll be very glad to play the new content with a real controller!

Decent pricing.

This will be my 2nd piece of dlc that I buy after ‘Behind Her Blue Flame’ for VC.

Are the co-op features on the DLC only?

Any chance to see the Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition at PSN?

Will Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition require an online pass like regular Dark Souls does?

the1free_man 24 October, 2012 @ 11:50 am   11

I’ve been playing Dark souls for the last month or so. I’m near the end, so this comes at a perfect moment for me.
But you may want to mention that a few things have to be accomplished in the game to be able to access the DLC. So that people wouldn’t freak out if it’s not there waiting for them in the main menu.

PIREDERAS 24 October, 2012 @ 11:50 am   12

Nice! Can’t wait!

Any chance for a PS Plus discount?

This is good news, I found Demon Souls better game thank Dark Souls but still good news

silent_strike95 24 October, 2012 @ 11:56 am   14

Man, I’m tempted to get this. Would give me a good incentive to go back and complete yet another playthrough of Dark Souls. Nice price, too, so it’s VERY tempting!

toddhunter 24 October, 2012 @ 11:59 am   15

How much for the best part of Europe…Australia?

Can currently get the PC version for about $30, so hoping the DLC will be closer to $15 not say $25.

Chocobo115 24 October, 2012 @ 12:19 pm   16

Xenosaga HD collection please.

Und3rmind_ 24 October, 2012 @ 12:24 pm   17

What time till the PSN update so we can download the dlc?

radiant_ch 24 October, 2012 @ 12:30 pm   18

“Just hook it to my veins!”

@Fred Dutton: There’s nothing I could add to that :)

Konrad512 24 October, 2012 @ 12:45 pm   19

Too bad there are no new trophies. I think I’m gonna save my money for Okami HD next week :P

Is there any discount for plus members?

When is store update post?

extermin8or_ 24 October, 2012 @ 12:55 pm   22

Hell Yes :D this is what shall occupy me till next wednesday :) when AC3 and AC:liberations come out- sony should get a souls game made for ps vita; would sell tonnes of vita’s too purely from people getting annoyed and throwing their vita’s around as they would theur controller before having to buy a new one lol

CoolRichy008UK 24 October, 2012 @ 1:11 pm   23

YE WE WANT STORE UPDATE INFO NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

Pumpkin_head16 24 October, 2012 @ 1:27 pm   24

What time does the AUSTRALIAN store update?

Fred Dutton 24 October, 2012 @ 1:29 pm

Forgive me, my time zone maths is terrible. The Australian store will update in the next 2 to 4 hours.

Pumpkin_head16 24 October, 2012 @ 1:30 pm   25

thnanks, love you now :D

millgate1 24 October, 2012 @ 1:32 pm   26

Haha, so I’m assuming you’re excited, Fred?

ubber game
only dlc littel bit to late
i have nowh other games i need to focus on .

tomoro = moh: warfichters lim edition 59€
next week ac 3 join ore die edition 79.95€+ ac3 vita 36.90€
then hitman : liberation benelux edition = 49.90 €
then far cry 3 insane edition 79.95€
future dlc of borderlands2 = i like game a loth

Fred Dutton
when u gone update us on psn store update of the week ?

Please say the retail prepare to die edition is compatible with the originals save?

I have one question to make…

I already have the original Dark SOuls – Limited Edition and I pre-ordered the Prepare to DIe Edition, does this version comes with the artbook, poster, etc, just like the PC version did? If not I would cancel my pre-order and buy the DLC digitally on the PS Store…

I love this game, I don’t play it for more than 3 months because I want to experience some of that difficulty level again, after more than 600 hours of play time, obtaining the Platinum in 3 weeks and reaching the end for maybe the 40th time, I really started to miss that difficult I experienced before… I also played Demon’s SOuls, IMO these are two of the best games ever released on the PS3.

StickyMout 24 October, 2012 @ 2:34 pm   31

this is pathetic, the dlc is meant to b out. psn aus hasn’t released it on the day its meant to be released. so far its been a whole day. pic up u act sony.

StickyMout 24 October, 2012 @ 2:36 pm   32

its the 25th why is it saying i posted on the 24th?

kucharzPro 24 October, 2012 @ 2:41 pm   33

Anybody got it yet ?
PsStore is still not updated in Poland

chrisboers 24 October, 2012 @ 2:55 pm   34

#32 StickyMout: It’s still the 24th UTC.

Can`t wait! :O
I hate the random update times though -.-
It`s out in the UK now?

Oh Fred, what should I do? Cancel my pre-order of the retail version (I only want it if it comes with the extra stuff like the posters) and buy the DLC on the PS Store or not?

If you don’t know about the retail edition contents, who can I contact to answer me that?

:S :S :S

Fred Dutton 24 October, 2012 @ 3:57 pm

Sorry, I’m not sure about this! I’m chasing Olivier…

Fred Dutton 24 October, 2012 @ 4:02 pm

Right, I have an answer – the Prepare to Die Edition doesn’t include artbook and poster, it’s just a standard package.

StickyMout 24 October, 2012 @ 4:23 pm   37

man they should say that aus gets it on the 25th so im not checking for
it every few min. it clearly said 24th aus. some advertisement on psn would be nice. *deleted*

Capt_Darling 24 October, 2012 @ 4:37 pm   38

I’ve just cancelled my pre-order for the retail version because of the lack of the physical extras.
Many people including various websites were under the impression that these would be included, of course Namco never actually stated it but they never (seemed) to make an effort to clarify matters.

Poor communication on the part of Namco Bandai but then again why provide information which would result in the loss of sales.

Having said all of that, Demon’s Souls & Dark Souls are my favourite PS3 games.

One question when PSN finally updates, the dlc will be a european event (in other words UK will not get 1st and Spain 2nd, etc..)

cemionlineownage 24 October, 2012 @ 5:06 pm   40

mann i cant wait to die!!! Whens it coming out??

its on the store but wont download help!!!!!!!!!!!

same problem here… not available

PorcusHawk 24 October, 2012 @ 5:55 pm   43

Same as #40 and #41, telling me that the ‘Content isn’t available at this time’ or something to that effect.

cemionlineownage 24 October, 2012 @ 6:03 pm   44

damn, i cant find it on psn turkey :/

and now its vanished altogether from the store! whats going on psn?

herviross_2 24 October, 2012 @ 6:09 pm   46

I can see a banner for the DLC on the store page, but I’m unable to download it =/

I cant even find the game on psn. when is this suppose to be available in Norway? I can see the unfinished swan is there, which is supposed to arrive today.

cemionlineownage 24 October, 2012 @ 6:11 pm   48

yeah same here

This is so lame.. Why do we Europeans always get stuff a day or two later then everybody else ? You make us all feel like second rate customers and it’s extremely annoying. These days online/co-op is a huge part of almost every game and when all of your non-European friends get dlc’s/games a couple of days before us you ruin some of the experience.

cynic_one 24 October, 2012 @ 6:37 pm   50

What’s going on? There is a banner in the “Games” section but selecting it only displays “This content cannot be selected at this time.”, in both PL and UK stores.

Load all