Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 2:00pm

Killzone Trilogy and Killzone HD are out today!

We interrupt your regular scheduled blog content with a gentle reminder from Helghast Autarch Scolar Visari:

“My people… Sons and daughters of Helghan… Today is a glorious day for our nation. For many years, our history was incomplete – divided, fragmented, and split up over multiple platforms. But on this day, the record of our great struggle is made whole. On this day, Killzone Trilogy is released for PlayStation 3!

“Experience the power of the Third Helghast Army in the original Killzone, remastered in majestic HD. Witness the tyranny of the ISA as it attempts to seize Helghan in Killzone 2. Tremble before the awesome might of the Helghast war machine in Killzone 3. Then, go online and smite the enemy on any of the enclosed DLC multiplayer maps!

“In honour of this momentous occasion, I have declared the coming weekend a Double XP Weekend. All acts of valour in online multiplayer matches of Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 shall be doubly rewarded! Go online and strike at your foes without fear or hesitation… Remind them, with every bullet fired and every drop of blood spilt, that Helghan belongs to the Helghast!”

Killzone image - Visari

You heard the man! The Killzone Trilogy bundle is now available in stores for €49.99/£39.99; Killzone HD is also separately available from the PlayStation Store for €14.99/£11.99. The Double XP Weekend starts on Friday, 26th October at 5:30pm BST, so make sure you mark it on your calendar. You wouldn’t want to upset the Autarch, would you?

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

59 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first
mystic2405 24 October, 2012 @ 2:05 pm   1

15 euro, no ps plus discount?? :(

EternalChaos72 24 October, 2012 @ 2:07 pm   2

already bought this on the US store last night, i really was expecting this to not be released today as we all know what SCEE are like.

WIll finally get my hands on Killzone 1, i’ll be buying soon not sure if today or later due to me getting Medal of Honor today!

La_Mangouste 24 October, 2012 @ 2:07 pm   4

What size on disk for Killzone HD ?

aaronwalkeruk 24 October, 2012 @ 2:07 pm   5

Never played the first one, well thats my days off taken up!

Catkiller1 24 October, 2012 @ 2:10 pm   6

The information is incorrect, as usual!

This is released on Friday not today & it’s only available at GAME/Gamestation!

Fred Dutton 24 October, 2012 @ 2:29 pm

How about a discount for the Killzone 3 Map-Pack Bundle? Please! :D

Rob_Velocity 24 October, 2012 @ 2:12 pm   8

I’ve always been more of a fan of the original Killzone universe and story than the gameplay per se. Might still be tempted to go back and give it another try.

Still hoping for that Killzone game where you play a Helghan freedom fighter attempting to repel the warmongering, imperialistic ISA scum.

Catkiller1 24 October, 2012 @ 2:12 pm   9

Obviously i’m referring to the Trilogy retail release & not the Killzone HD release, on the store today!

Agamer2006 24 October, 2012 @ 2:16 pm   10

I surrender to helghast, please dont hurt me, just take my money :P

MajorSkilog 24 October, 2012 @ 2:19 pm   11

A PS2 Classic in HD and no 3D Support ? :S

Well here it has been released game/gamestation is only for UK the only retailer where the game can be bought.

That said US playsation store has always messed it up with Rey Guttierez who is doing nothing, he said on the DROP that Killzone trilogy was bound to be released on the playstation store, how stupid of him.

Not even Uncharted 3 is available to download from PSN , imagine the trilogy how many gb would a person had to download just to play that.

Stupid really stupid.

Nice, looking forward to picking up Killzone HD, while it didn’t quite live up to the hype it was still a great game.

Any news on Mass Effect 1 hitting the store any time soon?

HUN_hatrixx 24 October, 2012 @ 2:24 pm   14

USA: 14.99$
EU: 14.99Euro

Thank You Sony!
Sit back to school. Are bad at math.

PS Plus discount would have been nice but seeing as it’s KZ, I will be buying it anyway! ;-)

Zodiak213 24 October, 2012 @ 2:36 pm   16

Trading Killzone 3 for Red Dead Redemption was the best thing I ever did.
Anyway, what’s the Plus game coming out today?

SpiderMike_X 24 October, 2012 @ 2:40 pm   17

“Sorry, should have been clearer on this. The retail version is indeed out today across Europe, except in the UK – where it launches on Friday.”

Nothing to apologise for, Fred. The VAST majority of us are well versed in the release schedule in the UK and don’t like to flex our internet muscles by pointing out the obvious to look superior.

Nice price point as well. Good to see first party software at affordable prices as opposed to every Activision offering.

hhhhsce014 24 October, 2012 @ 2:41 pm   18

Fantastic

The Trilogy would be so much more tempting if it had Move support for all 3 games…

Awesome

Coody-Baroody 24 October, 2012 @ 2:43 pm   21

If Killzone HD had 3D support Id be getting this from the Store on Friday when its out here in the UK. As it is though, Ill still be getting it, but on disk for all the KZ3 map packs.

Cant wait to add Killzone HD & Killzone 3′s 100% Trophies to my Killzone 2′s.

CoolRichy008UK 24 October, 2012 @ 2:47 pm   22

WE WANT RETRO CITY RAMPAGE TODAY

NO MORE DELAYS SONY IT IS NOT ON EITHER YOU ADD IT TO THE STORE OR EVERYONE ON THIS BLOG WILL TAKE YOUR JOBS and run sony better then you ever did

hassan00013 24 October, 2012 @ 2:49 pm   23

Great blog

Zimtzicke76 24 October, 2012 @ 2:51 pm   24

@ Fred

I’m from Germany and here is NO shop (or i do not know any shop), were i can buy or pre-order the Killzone Trilogy as Retail-Version.

I have the US-Version since Monday, because there is NO information for the retailers, if and when this Trilogy is coming.

Fred Dutton 24 October, 2012 @ 2:57 pm

You’re correct, the game is not out in Germany – this is due to age certification issues. If that situation changes, we’ll update you immediately!

spagetti69 24 October, 2012 @ 2:52 pm   25

Sounds great. Do these games offer split-screen gameplay?
If so I’m in.

dogwalker4000 24 October, 2012 @ 3:02 pm   26

Still surprises me how many off topic posts there are on here.

@Fred. What temperature should I put my pasta bake on? I’ve got a fan oven…

Zimtzicke76 24 October, 2012 @ 3:04 pm   27

@ Fred

What ist the problem? All 3 Games has a certification from the USK (USK18). Is this meaning, that the Download-Version is also not available in PSN-Store today in Germany?

Fred is the first killzone HD out today on the store? or will I have to wait till friday

Stonesthrow 24 October, 2012 @ 3:12 pm   29

My favorite consoleshooter in those days. Favorite game in general next to the MGS series. So this is a remaster I’ve been waiting for :p Might reinstall KZ3 for some of that lovely Operations mode during the double xp weekend (which reminds me, please support this mode more in further sequels, the level progression and teamplay is absolutely awesome and I would have loved more maps for it). Keep up the Dutch brilliance :p

Stonesthrow 24 October, 2012 @ 3:16 pm   30

@26 Well said, stay ontopic people..

@22 How do you suppose the editor for Killzone.com is going to help you with that? Please take your rants elsewhere.

SpiderMike_X 24 October, 2012 @ 3:32 pm   31

Still surprises me how everyone goes all moderator when one person mentions ‘off-topic.’ I’m sure the blog staff have it covered, which is to remain ignorant of anything but pertinence.

crusher915 24 October, 2012 @ 3:42 pm   32

is there any chance of KZ2 or 3 to arrive on the store or are they both to big

spagetti69 24 October, 2012 @ 3:47 pm   33

Did research and apparently these titles don’t support split screen.
For that reason……. I’m out!!!!

dogwalker4000 24 October, 2012 @ 4:20 pm   34

Still surprises me how 2 people is everyone…

Bumblebee 24 October, 2012 @ 4:45 pm   35

Can anyone tell me what the packaging is like for the trilogy? Because I might get it and give KZ2 & 3 away to a friend if they’re boxed separately. I can’t give them my old copies as I bought the special editions.

So if it’s a “All 3 discs in one box”, I’m out!
But if it’s a “All 3 games in their own boxes” deal, I’m in, and my good friend will have a pressie on his way.

I have no interest in paying £11.99 for the digital version as I’d rather have a stand-alone disc to sit with the others I have. Perhaps one day it will be released on its own… hopefully not in the god-awful “PS Platinum” or “PS Essentials” cases. BLEURGH. A nightmare of atrocious design. I’d rather buy £30 for all 3 then give 2 away. Also, the day Sony dies and I can’t re-download my digital games, yet still can play my old Megadrive games, is sadly inevitable given how shoddy Sony have been this generation regarding customer care, innovation and marketing. So I’m getting less and less inclined to buy digital (or “temporary” versions).

If you’d have done a limited edition KZ1 steelbook for £15 or so, or even £19.99, I’d have been all over it like a rash.

bennyrafal 24 October, 2012 @ 5:11 pm   36

trailer where Solar speaks to its people is epic beyond all :)
all hail to VZ ;)

twistedintoform 24 October, 2012 @ 5:48 pm   37

@crusher915

KZ2 is 25gb (ish) and KZ3 is 44gb (excluding dlc) for the full disc experience.

Sh1nj1-sempai 24 October, 2012 @ 5:58 pm   38

Killzone Trilogy have a digital copy or disk version of Killzone HD?

Private-Lu 24 October, 2012 @ 6:04 pm   39

In my eye’s the first Killzone was the best, 2nd wasn’t very good and 3rd I don’t remember. However the 3rd’s Multiplayer feature was amazing.

Thank you for this, I may just purchase Killzone, someday soon, after Doom 3.

twistedintoform 24 October, 2012 @ 6:40 pm   40

@HUN_hatrixx
>> USA: 14.99$ / EU: 14.99Euro
>> Thank You Sony! Sit back to school. Are bad at math.

nope, they’re just not paying the sales tax for you. the 27% hungarian sales tax is included in the price you have pay.

@Sh1nj1-sempai

on a previous blog entry, they said the trilogy boxset has KZ1 on a separate disc.

Sh1nj1-sempai 24 October, 2012 @ 7:06 pm   41

@
twistedintoform

Thanks.

Why is can i only find this by searching old store was better atlest whats new would of shown me this

DAVEHUDSON 24 October, 2012 @ 9:35 pm   43

does killzone 1 come with any trophys

DAVEHUDSON 24 October, 2012 @ 9:40 pm   44

yes it does just found a list if any one wants to take a look http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/09/13/killzone-hd-the-full-trophy-list-revealed/#more-83388

DAVEHUDSON 24 October, 2012 @ 10:00 pm   45

as i dont know how to add to what i said befor in my post if i get killzone of ps store do we still get the trophys ty

Ryusennin 24 October, 2012 @ 10:31 pm   46

Fed up with eurodollar prices.

Killzone HD should be 12€ top. It’s my favorite episode in the series, but I’ll wait for the inevitable sale.

No way I’m driving 120 miles to the nearest GAME store that hasn’t been closed down.

chrisandsheva 25 October, 2012 @ 7:59 am   48

Killzone SD more like.
Seriously, i am not happy with what i have so far seen, and i am gutted, i was expecting a GoW vol1 kind of graphics, But the 30 minutes or so i Have just experienced, am sorry to say was no better than any of the ps2 games thats on the store. But with included trophies.. i Want this to be better, ok, for the price, and remembering the blog about how someone found the code, in a shoebox, i suppose it’s fair enough.. But personally i would of payed whatever was fair, for better quality.. Am still going to play it, but have to say after all the wait, its a bit of a letdown.. Graphically..

Dark-Hax- 25 October, 2012 @ 8:25 am   49

Why KZ HD priced 19.99$ in European store and 14.99$ in the American Store. :/
Why I was patiently waiting for it and saving 15$ for it then the shock the price is higher then expected
why is that please somebody tell me why ?

hassan0006 25 October, 2012 @ 8:26 am   50