Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 11:00am

Access Episode 55: Assassin’s Creed 3! Aliens: Colonial Marines! Speed boats!

ACCESS_trans_Blue+white_small

Access TV Episode 55 hits YouTube today with Assassin’s Creed III as Game of the Week. There’s everything you need to know about Ubisoft’s mega-threequel, from hunting bears and shivving redcoats, to commanding naval battles and skipping through the treetops.

Elsewhere there’s a bunch of excellent coverage from the recent New York Comic Con, which not only takes in the very best of America’s cosplay scene but also sees the Access team chatting to both Gearbox Software about Aliens: Colonial Marines and – stop the press – Aliens star Lance Henriksen, who is as brilliant as a real human as he was as an android.

Bonus Level sees the crew zipping down the Thames in a speedboat in the name of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, before chatting with developers Sumo Digital about the game itself. There’s also The Unfinished Swan in the PlayStation Store round-up, plus F1 Race Stars in PlayStation Briefing, so kick back and enjoy the show!

Access TV is available every Friday on YouTube – head to youtube.com/playstationaccess to subscribe and never miss an episode.

To sign up for future Access events or to hang out and chat with other members of the Access community, then visit us on Facebook at facebook.com/PlaystationAccess, or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/PSAccess.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

34 Comments 11 Author replies
Show oldest first

Hi,

I know its not the place, but i have a serious issue regarding adding funds on store account.

I need this resolved, as i have a pre-order coming up early next week.

MonkeyBrainsToo 26 October, 2012 @ 11:35 am   2

Hiya. I was unable to find this episode on the store this week. Is it now available to download?

MusterBuster 26 October, 2012 @ 12:15 pm

Hey Monkey!

Our temporary new home is Apps > Other Media > Access. I completely understand that this isn’t ideal, we’re working with the store team to make the show easier to find :)

Assassins Creed III is gonna be one of the greatest games of this generation!

MusterBuster 26 October, 2012 @ 12:16 pm

Never, ever failed to lose myself in an Assassin’s Creed game. If you don’t hear from me next Wednesday (or for the rest of the year), you know why.

Where do i find Access on the new store?

Thanks Fred, Appreciate it.
Am looking forward to the Sports champions 2 on release day :P

JammieMonkey 26 October, 2012 @ 12:07 pm   6

Glad it’s not just me who can’t find Access. Spent a very frustrating 20 minutes going through Game, Video and TV before giving up.

MusterBuster 26 October, 2012 @ 12:18 pm

Hey… Monkey (2 monkeys in one thread! Today is a good day).

Our temporary new home is Apps > Other Media > Access. We’re working with our Store guys to find a better location :)

Love Access!

Although, I’d like to ask if it is possible to have it Auto Download every week for PlayStation Plus Users?

Can’t remember when, but the last time that feature was used was when Beyond Good and Evil came on the store and we all got a Trial of it.

This is definitely something I wouldn’t mind having Automatically Download.

Anyway, keep up the good worK. :)

MusterBuster 26 October, 2012 @ 12:17 pm

Great idea Skykid, it’s something we’re already looking into (along with all sorts of other high tech solutions). Stay tuned :)

Hrimgrimnir 26 October, 2012 @ 12:21 pm   8

New Tokyo Jungle DLC still not on the store, AC Lost Archive DLC still has the wrong price, please fix that.

Fred Dutton 26 October, 2012 @ 12:26 pm

Sorry for these issues – they should both be fixed very shortly.

If we could stay on-topic please…

dogwalker4000 26 October, 2012 @ 12:26 pm   9

Auto download for plus would be excellent, even on the old store Access was kinda hidden away unless you were looking for it.

I watch it every week and if it was an auto download (with an option to not download it, god forbid if you didn’t put that.) I expect more people would appreciate what it offers.

MusterBuster 26 October, 2012 @ 12:30 pm

The ideal solution for me would be to have it stream from the TV section, like BBC iPlayer or MUBI.

Would that work, or do you still want a copy of the episodes on your XMB?

CoolRichy008UK 26 October, 2012 @ 12:30 pm   10

MusterBuster assasins creed 3 im deffo gettin from ps store in 2 weeks time woohoo and if you people dont like the american setting for it you will hate assasins creed 4 it will be set in your town lol

smallgaffer 26 October, 2012 @ 12:35 pm   11

Any plans for Access episodes on the Irish Store?
There’s one episode there already, 36 i think it is

SpitelordDekka 26 October, 2012 @ 12:39 pm   12

Surprised that a link to this wasn’t forced onto the XMB.

dogwalker4000 26 October, 2012 @ 12:39 pm   13

Streaming works too, but after all the trouble an extra icon has caused this week I’m not sure how others would feel about another one.

If anything streaming would be a lot better for me, need the hard drive space so always delete Access after watching it.

dogwalker4000 26 October, 2012 @ 12:39 pm   14

See comment 12…told ya.

dogwalker4000 26 October, 2012 @ 12:42 pm   15

Maybe when we get the YouTube app you could implement it into that somehow? Maybe a link in the What’s New section that loads the YouTube to play Access straight away?

AndyBeans 26 October, 2012 @ 12:59 pm   16

I’ve enjoyed watching Access to date, but TBH I simply can’t be bothered with this new Store enough to go to Apps > Other Media > Access. It’s slow, non-intuitive and so full of adverts it’s not worth bothering with, I’ve gone from browsing it every day to just checking for updates on Wednesday night.

When you sort it out and remove the Singstar icon from my XMB (or simply allow me to put it in an album, NOT EXACTLY A DIFFICULT THING TO IMPLEMENT) then I’ll get back on board, until then I can get all the information I need from elsewhere. If SCE continue down this force-feeding path I might as well broaden my options when deciding upon a next-gen machine, what’s the point in buying off Sony if they’re just making a poor attempt at copying Microsoft, might as well sign up to the service which already has everything Sony have repeatedly promised.

Sorry if this has wandered off topic but I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s wondering why Sony are suddenly treating us like cattle…

MusterBuster 26 October, 2012 @ 1:22 pm

Hey Andy,

I think comments RE: SingStar are best placed in the blog post covering that topic earlier in the week. This is for a very simple reason – the people who will be looking for your feedback in order to take action on that subject will be looking there.

That said – I totally understand your feedback on the location of Access TV on the new store and I’m working hard to move it to a better location for you all :)

Dark_Overlord 26 October, 2012 @ 1:05 pm   17

Sorry to post here, but the Zombie Apocalypse Pure Pwnage DLC still hasn’t had its price adjusted for the sale (I own most of the other items in the sale so can’t see if they’ve been corrected)

Dark_Overlord 26 October, 2012 @ 1:08 pm   18

Just noticed Fred posted this above

“Sorry for these issues – they should both be fixed very shortly.

If we could stay on-topic please…”

The problem is Fred, with the lack on info SCEE ever provide and the fact no one answers the majority of Questions in the proper threads, we have to resort to posting in the newer threads just to get a response.

MonkeyBrainsToo 26 October, 2012 @ 1:11 pm   19

I would love to have it appear automatically in the TV section every week. I love access and never miss an episode.

They should put it under the TV on ps3 as well as youtube. brw check out my video on youtube on my channel SAbogues1.

chrisandsheva 26 October, 2012 @ 1:27 pm   21

D…IT dogwalker4000 allready posted what i wanted to say, Yes you Definately need to get this intergrated into our xmb’s, either through a you-tube app.. or better yet, add it to channels in tv/video section.. i mean your programmes good.. but your not really living up to it’s name yet, So many ppl are missing it because of this.

S-o-h-a-i-l 26 October, 2012 @ 1:27 pm   22

Fred, could you PLEASE answer this question. Will Black Ops 2 be released on the PSN store digitally and if so when ? Im aware all of the Call of Duty games have arrived digitally eventually, but they’ve taken months to do so (MW 3 JUST arrived). The reason I ask this is because I have £51 credit on my PSN account and really want to purchase Black Ops 2, if its not coming to the store I’ll preorder it retail.

S-o-h-a-i-l 26 October, 2012 @ 1:32 pm   23

Sorry for the off topic post, but it’s really important as I will preorder the game now if its not coming digitally.

@12 you legend :D

Gamesgbkiller 26 October, 2012 @ 1:48 pm   25

This episode is great !

What’s the deal with the resident evil orc price? Why are you ripping us off again scee? Ps I’d stay on topic of you’d bother addressing the dozens of questions with regards to this that ate in the correct place

Skykid360 26 October, 2012 @ 2:38 pm   27

Auto Download or Streaming I don’t mind as long as the picture quality is the same. Not sure about it being in a YouTube App however.

Touchy subject, but I am pretty sure most wont mind a dedicated App within the TV section, that links to episodes of which you can stream…even previous ones you may have missed, and bonus content that didn’t make the show.

I actually think that would be a preferred option now, it’s own dedicated App…but that could take a while to implement, so in the meantime Add it to our Download queue :P

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 26 October, 2012 @ 4:57 pm   28

How about an Access app just like Iplayer including all previous episodes? That would be brilliant!

MonkeyBrainsToo 26 October, 2012 @ 6:37 pm   29

Access located on the store and downloading now. All is happiness and light in the Monkey household again. Thanks Musterbuster.

Stonesthrow 26 October, 2012 @ 7:48 pm   30

Great eps, Rob did it again :d Unfinished swan is absolutely brilliant, instantly thought back of games like Journey and Datura (and even Alice in wonderland), and I love the artstyle and atmosphere. It’s like you’re in a dreamy fairytale, a real happy place to be :p
Loved the MOH driving sequences too. So many great games in such a short time, I love the end of the year :p

Pla4stationgamer 26 October, 2012 @ 9:57 pm   31

Hi there I just wanted to know whether some little big planet karting news will be given any time soon

COLDFACEKILLER79 27 October, 2012 @ 1:31 am   32

Im having problem when i update Elite it downloads and installes but then just comes up with a white screen and freezes my system. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how do i resolve it. PLEASE HELP!! :(

and ACIII gets 4 extra bonus dlc! only for Playstation! im so glad I own a PS instead of an Xbox!

millasGlock 3 November, 2012 @ 1:07 am   34

excellent can not wait for the walking dead and the new Aliens game and assassins creed 3 looks good to but the iPhone assassins creed put me off the other two because you collect jewels