Posted 26 October

Crysis 2 lands on PlayStation Plus in November!

Crysis2_lead image

Hi everyone! We here at Sony Computer Entertainment are very excited to announce that the headline title for the PlayStation Plus service from 7th November is… Crysis 2!

Originally released in March 2011, the second installment in the multi award-winning Crysis series is a visually stunning, high-concept FPS with a gripping storyline written by sci-fi veteran Richard Morgan.

Set in the year 2023, three years after the events of Crysis, you’ll find yourself in control of a Force Recon Marine named “Alcatraz”, who gains ownership of the Nanosuit 2.0 from Army Delta Force officer Laurence “Prophet” Barnes, who many of you will remember from Crysis.

screenshot09_PVWIMG

The violent alien race from the original game has returned, with a full invasion force bent on nothing less than the total annihilation of mankind. In New York, the invaders stalk the streets and a nightmare plague strikes down the city’s inhabitants. The city’s infrastructure is in ruins, while its streets and skyline are smashed and in flaming ruin. This is New York City like you’ve never seen it before.

Crysis2_Screen5_05122010_jpg_jpgcopy_PVWIMG

Neither law enforcement nor the might of the US military machine can stand against the invaders, and all who choose not to flee are dead men walking. One supersoldier, wielding the combat enhancement technology of the future with Nanosuit 2, will make the last stand to save humanity from destruction in the urban jungle that is New York City.

Newcomers to the series are in for a treat – this is one of the smartest, most exciting shooters of the past few years. “It’s challenging, facilitates and then demands the use of tactics, and is more generous in scale than almost any other first-person shooter of the past few years,” said Eurogamer, while IGN judged it “a beautiful, engrossing experience.”

Crysis2_Screen2_03042010_PVWIMG

We are extremely excited to bring this title to PlayStation Plus for our subscribers. If you’re not currently a member, visit the Plus page on PlayStation.com for everything you need to know about the Instant Game Collection, which gives members access to at least 10 games at any one time and over 45 games across the course of a 12 month subscription. That’s for a one-off annual payment of just £39.99.

And Crysis 2 is but the tip of the iceberg. Look out for more details of the rest of the November Plus content very soon, including details of the service’s impending expansion to PS Vita. We’ve got some fantastic titles coming your way!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

217 Comments 11 Author replies
Show oldest first

chrisboers 26 October, 2012 @ 4:03 pm   1

Nice! While I’m not really a FPS gamer, this is really a great game to have on my game list. Hopefully I won’t become too car-sick while playing this one!
(Sooo much looking forward to the PS Plus Vita news…)

sterushton 26 October, 2012 @ 4:03 pm   2

I got given a code for crysis 2 on 360 by a gamestation manager because of poor customer service. It seems its just one of those games you have to give away.

almighty-slayer 26 October, 2012 @ 4:04 pm   3

Disliked the first one greatly, but can’t complain for free. I’ll give it a go, anyway

blackmamba707 26 October, 2012 @ 4:04 pm   4

perfect choice bravo! pretty-new-fps-shooter

CometOnFire 26 October, 2012 @ 4:04 pm   5

Looking good. Some great games you have brought us lately :-)

Carnivius_Prime 26 October, 2012 @ 4:04 pm   6

Oh great. Another FPS…

Although Bulletstorm was surprisingly fun and became the first FPS since the Timesplitters games on PS2 to actually entertain me somewhat.

This one though I’ve already tried and really not my thing. Fine for those who like it but I’m hoping the other Plus games are very different.

Catkiller1 26 October, 2012 @ 4:05 pm   7

Fantastic!

What will the file size be please?

I owned this upon it’s initial release & i’m pleased it’s within our IGC :)

laticspieman 26 October, 2012 @ 4:05 pm   8

Nice one Chris! Good to see your keeping up the high standard of games we have been receiving. Can’t wait for vita plus next month as well. Any chance you could look into getting either a walking dead discount or some free episodes like the US got a few months ago? Thanks again!

Chris Howe 26 October, 2012 @ 4:51 pm

We will always try to provide the best content that we can :)

Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into them and see what we can do

Gamesgbkiller 26 October, 2012 @ 4:05 pm   9

WOW great !
but when we going to see VITA titles ?

Catkiller1 26 October, 2012 @ 4:07 pm   10

@ Carnivius_Prime

It was mentioned yesterday that 1 out of the 3 titles would be a FPS. At least the other 2 titles will add some different genres into the mix for a change!

almighty-slayer 26 October, 2012 @ 4:07 pm   11

@9 Read the last part of the post

Brodiesan 26 October, 2012 @ 4:07 pm   12

Nice. This one was on my ever-growing list of titles to eventually pick up. I have rated this post 5 stars. I can’t remember the last time I did that. Good job.

Nice. Will look forward to this, perhaps as a break from AC3 sessions. Any idea when we’ll hear more about the Vita Plus service?

Another FPS, another game I owned, and another game I disliked. Kind of regretting getting PS+ so far. Hopefully the Vita gets some good stuff soon though.

Roscoe182 26 October, 2012 @ 4:08 pm   15

tis a good game i wouldn’t mind playing it again.

laticspieman 26 October, 2012 @ 4:10 pm   17

ps would also love assassins creed revelations to join the instant game collection at some point :D

supersmith2500 26 October, 2012 @ 4:10 pm   18

Another shooter ALSO from EA as November’s GOTM. So that’s two games EA had with Dead Space 2 back in August. I’ll pass, I already got 2 EA games anyways.

Jamesyp00 26 October, 2012 @ 4:11 pm   19

Didn’t Fred himself say the other day that November WOULDN’T be giving us shooters?
I’d like to see some fun little titles added on here, Like R&C all 4 one or Modnation racers or something.
I’m not really complaining about this, Crysis 2 is one of those games iv’e eyed up for a while but never bought, But i’d really dig some more variety on the PS+, Not just side scrollers and FPS games. Some RPG’s Would be brilliant, Same with some fighting or Racing games too.

Fred Dutton 26 October, 2012 @ 4:14 pm

Umm, I did not say that. I probably said we’ll be bringing you a good mix of titles in Nov, which we will be! Chris will be along shortly to answer questions, where he can.

almighty-slayer 26 October, 2012 @ 4:11 pm   20

Vita PS+ information in November, like they’ve been saying for the last 2 months

Another shooter, please give us variety

Chris Howe 26 October, 2012 @ 4:55 pm

look out for a further blog post coming your way next week with more information on the November content.

We have looked to get a little variety so hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised :)

Voodoo341 26 October, 2012 @ 4:12 pm   22

Typical! Again another game I already own. How about posting a few months in advance what games are coming to PSN+? Great service for anyone who doesn’t buy games but it punishes those gamers who have bought these games already. Why is there no PS+ discount for Unfinished Swan? I just don’t see the point in spending money on games for the PS3 anymore.

Skykid360 26 October, 2012 @ 4:13 pm   23

I’m a mixed with this…it’s great that we get this, but its just another game that I already have, albeit on the even better PC version. Guess I should be so eager to buy games :P

But hey, for those that don’t have it, it’s a great addition!

Any clues as to what we will get later in the month? :)

Thanks.

Had a good time with this when I first played it, and I’ll be glad to give it another go. Looking forward to the Vita PSPlus support too! :)

Solid_Snake1987 26 October, 2012 @ 4:14 pm   25

Well that’s the FPS announced which was one of the three games for the month. That leaves the other two non-FPS games to go.

With Knytt Underground and Big Sky Infinity due on Plus before or in December I’d assume maybe one of those is next to be announced. Unless Ross lied to me before he left of course…

Oh well, haven’t been lucky with the major Plus releases lately. The only game that I didn’t already own was Bulletstorm and in that case I received the completely crippled & cut german version. Didn’t even bother to play that one yet. :(

Already got this on 360.

I find Crysis as a series is somewhat overated. A decent game and if you like FPS’s and not got it yet, its worth picking up but don’t expect it to be brilliant.

Roscoe182 26 October, 2012 @ 4:16 pm   28

@ 22 yer i do semi agree knowing maybe a full month in advance would be helpful.

FortyPercent 26 October, 2012 @ 4:17 pm   29

I do somewhat agree that seeing EA-published FPS games is a common sight recently with PS+, but I don’t think that’s inherently a bad thing, I suppose. It allows me to play their games without directly supporting them, something I never want to do again.

Regardless of it’s publisher, this looks like it’ll be fun, and along with the Vita games, should give me plenty to do in November.

QuietlyWrong 26 October, 2012 @ 4:17 pm   30

So will Saudi Arabia / Middle East ever get Red Dead Redemption or an equivalent stand in to replace their missing September Game of the Month? What’s happening there? Jawad said that it was ‘being sorted out’ but when?

Catkiller1 26 October, 2012 @ 4:18 pm   31

@ Voodoo341

The thing is, it’s always going to punish someone. Last month ‘Hell Yeah’ was new & quite refreshing so hopefully we’ll see a new title released.

You can’t please everyone in the gaming industry, it’s too diverse!

DanteofSmeg 26 October, 2012 @ 4:18 pm   32

Can we not find out about the Vita love we have been informed is coming in Nov?
many thanks
Mat

supersmith2500 26 October, 2012 @ 4:19 pm   33

Maybe next month Assassin’s Creed will take the GOTM. *Shrugs*

Yeah, I’m more interested to know what PS Plus for Vita will entail at this point. Heres hoping we find out soon.

Recon19D3 26 October, 2012 @ 4:20 pm   35

Nice, so the UK get’s another AA title, while the US has gotten a $1.50 football game and a crap Japanese fighter?. The difference between US and UK Plus is getting ridiculous now.

Yay! Had bad luck with the Plus retail titles so far, having already bought most of them, but not this one. So you’re off to a great start in my book Chris!

Roscoe182 26 October, 2012 @ 4:21 pm   37

@ 35 you had payday the heist .. we didn’t get that

Jamesyp00 26 October, 2012 @ 4:23 pm   38

Sorry Fred, you did say at least 2 of the 3 titles won’t be shooters, It’s just getting a little dull though is all, Could we at least get some Exclusive shooters or titles on here? Like Resistance or God of War or something that the PS3 is known for. And more PS+ Discounts would be great too! A week’s early access to unfinished swan isn’t as good as 10-20% off. Looking forward to the other titles announcement though.

Voodoo341 26 October, 2012 @ 4:25 pm   39

@Catkiller1

It would help if they’d publish what games they’re going release a few months in advance so you could see if PS+ was for you. I thought Hell Yeah was poor like quite a few of the free digital games. I liked the 20% discount on new PS Store games but that seems to have disappeared. How about giving a discount on new full price games? Offering free DLC or exclusive levels to new games? There’s plenty they could do to help. PS+ just has a bargain bucket feel to it now not the premium service $ony were touting it as.

Chris Howe 26 October, 2012 @ 5:01 pm

Hi Voodoo341,

We are always trying to work with the publishers to get the best content we possibly can for our subscribers and we are trying hard to bring you guys great discounts but we can often be restricted by publisher needs as well

Recon19D3 26 October, 2012 @ 4:25 pm   40

@37 You can have my copy, it’s a $15 game that feels like a decent PC mod and is basically online only.

And again a headline title I already have but lets see what the other games are. The game is ok and looks wonderful but I didn’t like it. I loved Bulletstorm last month tough.

According to my trophy list, I’ve only played 5 Plus games since it switched to the IGC, mainly because I’m just not a fan of shooters. 3 of those 5 were only played for a day or so before I gave up on them too (Double Dragon, Rock of Ages and Borderlands), and the last two I played to completion (Motorstorm Apocalypse and Machinarium). Hell Yeah will be #6 once I find the time for it, but it’s a drastic change from when I used to play every game offered on the old, supposedly inferior Plus.

supersmith2500 26 October, 2012 @ 4:27 pm   43

Also, you know what’s funny, we get crap content at the store while the US gets crap games for their IGC. While in the US is the direct opposite. ;P

ANOTHER shooter? Really? This is getting ridiculous now, there are other genres besides shooters and people who like to play those other games. Hopefully there will be something else for me and the Vita expansion will offer something good because my subscription lapses at the end of the year and I’m just being disappointed by plus lately.

Chris Howe 26 October, 2012 @ 5:03 pm

look out for our update next week on the rest of the November content hopefully there will be something for everyone :)

Recon19D3 26 October, 2012 @ 4:31 pm   45

@43 I hear that you guys get crap in the store or late content. I love what Sony is doing, don’t get me wrong but why can’t Sony treat our regions the same? They act like we are all from different planets or something, we aren’t that different. It’s not like comparing the US where they mostly like FPS to Japan where Horse Racing is a top seller.

johnnyquicknives 26 October, 2012 @ 4:31 pm   46

Hmm I’ll probably give it a try but not too fussed. I was really hoping Assassins Creed Revelation would have been game of the month to promote it before AC3 comes out; especially after there was no PS+ discount on it :(

I seem to remember Ross saying he was looking into getting the full walking dead once it was all released so I really hope that happens soon.

Catkiller1 26 October, 2012 @ 4:32 pm   47

@ Voodoo341

You really think the way this blog & store is being run at the moment, that you would have confidence in the information that was given out months in advance??

I agree 100% with more discounts, as the discounts & CLOUD storage are the only reasons why I wanted PLUS in the first place. To be fair, the titles that have been offered with PLUS have been great, apart from a select few, regardless of the titles being ‘old’ etc, as most of the titles are the more popular ones!

Yes it’s annoying if you already own the title or have done in the past & not enjoyed it but it’s like a lucky dip!

Roscoe182 26 October, 2012 @ 4:33 pm   48

@ 40 you still got it tho. just because you didn’t like it to much. all we got the past 2 weeks was really bad discounts.

when the ps+ came out the US had way better games. id say its only been in the past 2 months that the EU has started to get some decent stuff.

personally i cant understand why the PSN store isn’t 1 unit instead of broken up to regions where many many diff problems stop a game coming out … CO:GO … i have a feeling the content will yoyo between good and bad stuff between the regions.

AWESOME NEWS

Now, how about making the Assassin’s Creed Lost Archive available in the reduced price?

Plus for Vita sounds better than Crysis 2 :p

supersmith2500 26 October, 2012 @ 4:36 pm   51

@Recon19D3:
What is GOTM for November in the US?

another fps, hopefully we will get a heads up soon on the other 2 titles this month that are not fps games.

great for people who like fps games but this ones not for me.

angusinthearoara 26 October, 2012 @ 4:38 pm   53

This is a nice little diversion for the hot topics of the disgruntled plus subscribers.
Last comment from Fred… on pricing difference halloween sale items with an additional 50% discount for Plus subscribers….. He said “Not true – it was always listed at the same price on the Store itself. Nobody got it cheaper than anyone else. The incorrect price listing on the Blog was an honest, albeit regrettable, mistake. Again, apologies.”

This is false are u guys all sitting around [DELETED]?

ExtremeGamer1995 26 October, 2012 @ 4:38 pm   54

I already have it, this is the reason I didn’t buy plus but I can’t argue when I got it for free

@Recon19D3
So? Crysis 2 doesn’t cost more in retail than those 15 bucks. And in our case it also happens more frequently that games are already owned by subscribers. So it all has its advantages and disadvantages. As long as its still worth it on both sides, that is all that should matter.

Besides, I can’t remember that anyone in the US would have cared about the differences while our service was inferior. ;)

Yes! One I need at last! I knew this day would come eventually lol.

Roscoe182 26 October, 2012 @ 4:39 pm   57

quick question .. when is that damn singstar icon going to go away.

i dont mind the trophies icon moving it makes some sense where it is now but that singstar thing needs to go.

Coody-Baroody 26 October, 2012 @ 4:40 pm   58

@ Fred/Chris

To back you up You didnt say we wouldnt be getting a shooter, you actually said 2 out of the 3 games we’d be getting wouldnt be shooters, or something to that effect.

As for Crysis 2? ANOTHER game i already own but im still not complaining, our PS+ here in the EU just keeps on giving us great content.Please guys, keep up the good work! PS+ here in EU is now Essential!

Also, i dont know what you guys are going on about with all this “Not ANOTHER shooter”, what about ‘Hell Yeah’, Machinarium, Infamous 2, MS Apocalypse, LBP2, Shift 2 UL, Warhammer……..

We’ve had LESS shooters than any other genre in my reckoning.

Please remove the singstar icon from xmb!

MordecaiHunter 26 October, 2012 @ 4:44 pm   60

to many FPS each month, mix it up please

Recon19D3 26 October, 2012 @ 4:45 pm   61

@ supersmith2500

They haven’t announced ours yet, if they did maybe it’s in the podcast but I haven’t had a chance to listen to it yet.

Coody-Baroody 26 October, 2012 @ 4:46 pm   62

@Fred/Chris

Yes, as the guys on here are saying (and EVERY SINGLE friend on my PSN friends list) PLEASE get RID of that Singstar app icon from the Game section of the XMB?

Stick it under Music or TV or give us the option to Delete it/Folder it.

dark_angel69 26 October, 2012 @ 4:46 pm   63

Oh great. Another game i already have. *sighs*

@Anyone that hasn’t played this
If your a trophy hunter, don’t even bother trying to plat it. 2 online trophies are bugged and there is no patch to fix them. 1 of them requires you to reach level 50 and reboot the nano-suit (in other words rebooting the nano-suit is like prestige in CoD) and level up again. Some had to do it 2 times and others had to do it 3 times while most got it when they reached level 10 on the 2nd time leveling up.

Also poor story to this but a fun multiplayer. Does get a bit boring after a while tho. Reaching level 50 does take a very long time

Awesome what about crysis 1 :) is not fair only the second, also give us shank 1 we have only the shank 2. i can’t wait for vita games but my 16 gb memory card is full (: what about give us a 32 gb memory card or some discount because is to expensive :) :)

Fred how can you just lie in the sales blog and then do a runner? Did you think people wouldn’t call you out?

And Chris, welcome to the blog. Based on the chaos of the Halloween sale post you made you’ll fit in perfectly here.

Fred Dutton 26 October, 2012 @ 5:04 pm

I haven’t lied and I haven’t done a runner! I’m investigating exactly what has happened and will update when I have a satisfying response, not before. Clearly, it was a troubled Store update this week so it’s proving difficult to unravel the issue. Again, my apologies for the confusion.

@chrisboers

I use to get motion sickness with FPS games (some still do like the COD games) but I found that a slower title (for me it was Morrowind) can help playing in small sessions – its normally manic camera turns that cause it – I still can’t watch anyone else play a FPS or it immediately knocks me sick

Crysis 2 seems okay it was one of the freebies I was suspecting we would get- Crysis 3 is around the corner and its already obvious Sony has some deal with EA

Have a question about the vita titles – I want to know if we can add them to our download list via the ps3 and download later on the vita. I won’t be getting a vita until christmas and don’t want to miss out on the games

Voodoo341 26 October, 2012 @ 4:49 pm   67

@catkiller1

Fair point but a guy can dream. Maybe one day SCEE might get it’s act together.

Skookie30 26 October, 2012 @ 4:50 pm   68

I agree with catkiller plus feels like lucky dip i remember buying lucky dip when i was a kid happy days.

plus now really took off with me when stacking was a free game that was the turning point the things started to get better and better with CLOUD & IGC, i bought cryis1 never play it yet so 2 be welcome as i had a feeling it would be plus.

never played bulletstorm yet as well, looking forward to next week announcement of plus with vita.

lastly welcome chris to the blog.

Take note people…The ‘free’ games are also being used as a marketing ploy….Hence Borderlands free before Borderlands 2 release , Resi 5 before Resi6 , Crysis 2 , Dead Space 2, Far Cry2 etc…All these games have sequels releasing soon…The more people playing the ‘Free’ game the more likely the next game will receive greater sales……Now you are able to predict Psn plus content based on your 6 month release schedule…….

WELSHDRAGON_74 26 October, 2012 @ 4:54 pm   70

awesome!!

Catkiller1 26 October, 2012 @ 4:55 pm   71

@ Voodoo341

When that day eventually arrives, I won’t be gaming anymore to care ;)

manutreble 26 October, 2012 @ 4:55 pm   72

Meh another FPS can you guys do some others then just FPS all the time, looking for the plus on ps vita tho

Recon19D3 26 October, 2012 @ 4:57 pm   73

@damac10

I think your right honestly. But here’s another tidbit to go along with that. Almost every free game in the US and UK over the last month or two has some kind of DLC that is not included. How many of us are getting a free game then buying the DLC afterwards? I know I did with Borderlands.

SoulChimera 26 October, 2012 @ 4:59 pm   74

Damn, yet another one I already own. Still, great freebie for those that don’t have it.

Hopefully I’ll get lucky soon and a retail game I don’t already own will be the freebie.

@damac10

so we can expect that we will be getting one of the Dragons Age games as 3 has been announced, there is a new Final Fantasy coming – but its not the games releases its whatever publishers they have deals with to name a few

EA
Square-Enix
THQ
2K
Ubisoft
Sega
Sony Computer Entertainment

so you want to know the probability of whats coming look at the releases of these publishers for the next 6 months

PIREDERAS 26 October, 2012 @ 5:03 pm   76

Hi!

I am extremely positive about PS PLUS. Thanks for all of the freebies (Borderlands, Dead Space 2, Red Dead Redemption, Resident Evil 5, LittleBigPlanet 2, and so on) that makes us aware of franchises/games we didn’t get interested at back in their days, although our HDDs tend to run out of space at high rates…

For the sake of variety, I’d like to ask about some RPGs, particularly JRPGs, to be added if possible at some point in future PS Plus offerings. I can’t wait to hear about PS Plus for VITA!

fauxtronic 26 October, 2012 @ 5:04 pm   77

WOW. I almost confused this with Crysis Warhead for a second (I played that and Crysis on the PC years ago). Really looking forward to this. Thanks. :)

Oh Sony you beauties! Been putting off buying the game (sorry Crytek)since was expecting it to appear on Plus sooner than later.

C’mon Sony make Battlefield:BadCompany2 on Plus next!

amazing game but like many i got it , thank god for AC3

Voodoo341 26 October, 2012 @ 5:15 pm   80

@ Chris Howe

you say you’re often restricted by publisher needs when offering discounts but you’re the publisher for Unfinished Swan and you didn’t offer any discount! Why?

SpitelordDekka 26 October, 2012 @ 5:16 pm   81

I’m disappointed, there’s no unmovable/un-deletable icon on the XMB for Crysis 2.

Wow.

Well impressed! RDR and now this, seriously well impressed.

Can we have no more fps please? I can’t play fps due to motion sickness so it’s a waste for me. :(

Should offer an alternative game for those who cannot play FPS.

LordBlackKnight5 26 October, 2012 @ 5:18 pm   84

Great game! Hopefully heavy rain will lands soon on ps plus.

Crysis 2? Well thank you :).

And you Chris Howe. You should present yourself so we know who your are! And could you maybe do like Ross used to do. Like giving some clues every month on twitter so we can guess the game of the month game :)

Terrordactyl 26 October, 2012 @ 5:20 pm   86

Rented it last year with Lovefilm….unfortunately, I thought it was total rubbish.

We really need some other PS+ offerings that aren’t shooters.

Coody-Baroody 26 October, 2012 @ 5:23 pm   87

@ Izorpo @65

Yes, you will be able to do that mate. Ive done nearly all my Vita purchases on my PS3 and then transfered them to my Vita as its faster at downloading than the VIta.

Unless something has changed, which i cant see happening, all content, PS3 & Vita is accessible through your PS3 and you will be able to put Vita stuff onto your Download list till a later date.

Hope that helps.

fauxtronic 26 October, 2012 @ 5:23 pm   88

Btw Chris, you forgot to add this article to the playstation-plus category.

It probably doesn’t seem that useful, but it really is when we want to refer back to PS+ related posts. Thanks again for Crysis 2. I really can’t wait.

Voodoo341 26 October, 2012 @ 5:25 pm   89

What about having a free movie weekend for PS+ subs? It’s Halloween, offer five good horror films on the video store to rent for free over the weekend to PSN+ subs? There’s hundreds of things SCEE can offer rather than old games people already have.

@ Recon19D3 American people don’t like ps3 they like to see Obama in first screen when open the console :) where is the American plus update for November ?

Terrordactyl 26 October, 2012 @ 5:25 pm   91

Why not get an RPG like Kingdoms of Amalur for subscribers?

It’s a recent well reviewd title and the dev went bust, so I’m sure Sony could get it cheap

LordBlackKnight5 26 October, 2012 @ 5:26 pm   92

Great! Hopefully Heavy Rain and Uncharted Drake’s Fortune land on ps plus soon.

Recon19D3 26 October, 2012 @ 5:32 pm   93

@ABTR actually I’m a PC to console convert and I love my PS3, so does 5 of my co-workers, my wife, and my sister. We all actually don’t care for the Xbox and it’s lack of variety and force feed crap. We don’t like Obama either :)

Thiagots85 26 October, 2012 @ 5:36 pm   94

wow, awesome game added for PS+ for EU, again… I’m almost certain that I’ll get some not so AAA game in my PS+ US account, as always…

SONY NORTH AMERICA, Y U NO DO THIS?

Thiagots85 26 October, 2012 @ 5:37 pm   95

@91… I was a console player (PS1 and PS2) converted to PC by STEAM and then converted to console again because of ps3 hehe

lukas_tison 26 October, 2012 @ 5:39 pm   96

Thank you very much Chris!

Already own this, like almost every game (90%) that’s been added to the Instant Game Collection since the start… Must! Stop! Buying! Games! and wait for them to become available in Plus! o_O

Well its either that or you don’t know whats going on round here as your comment was blatantly false. Plus its a troubled update every week isnt it? And we as customers are punished for it.

janiss561 26 October, 2012 @ 5:44 pm   99

This game soo bad on PS3 graphics looks like dogs [DELETED] and frame rate is even worse.

MrGregorA 26 October, 2012 @ 5:49 pm   100

godm ps plus is one of the best investments I have ever made. love it!

Hey Chris, do you also see the pattern?
You announce one game, but often there are peeps who already have the game and they are disappointed. Also if you don’t have a new game every week to announce peeps get confused because they expect them but if you run out and give only 3 games it feels like a letdown.
If you tell the games up front there is always something to cheer about and we know what to expect. It also help us to not buy those games from the bargain bin and find out you get it for “free” the next week.

SSJ3_Bob_Marley 26 October, 2012 @ 5:52 pm   102

Not bad at all, will definitely give it a spin.

Demonized 26 October, 2012 @ 6:07 pm   103

Awesome stuff, looking forward to this.

I’m going to need a HDD upgrade soon I think!

SergioDaly 26 October, 2012 @ 6:11 pm   104

nice choice…
can you try to get portal 2 for one of the next months? its one of those games i think got missed by a lot but sounds like a great game… cheers

Jamesyp00 26 October, 2012 @ 6:12 pm   105

Could we not get a voting system up for upcoming titles, Maybe a pool of 10 or so games that we could get, and we all have a vote/say on which 3 we would really like, It would give people a better incentive to post more.

@Coody-Baroody

cheers for that

I’ve been noticing some games not available at the moment in the store (says currently unavailable) I wonder if these are the vita games or my store is just confused

Final Fantasy 1 and 2
Super Stardust (vita)
Crystal Defenders
Touch my Katamari
Unit 13

for ps3 the games Payday and Gotham City Imposters are unavailable – now as Gotham City Imposters has never been released in Europe this is odd that its even showing up in our store (and I seriously hope we aren’t getting either of those 2 games)

Tei_LeonIV 26 October, 2012 @ 6:17 pm   107

Heya,

This isn’t necessarily a game I would buy but I guess thats quite good, as it gives me an opportunity play something different. If I really wanted a game, then I probably would have bought it when it first came out. On a separate note could you guys should put some of the old PS3 classics on there plus; Folklore, Ratchet and Clank tools of destruction, Heavenly Sword and I’d also love to see Enslaved odyssey to the west.

I’m even more excited for PS plus on PSVita. Hopefully you have a really strong launch for it, like Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Have you guys considered promoting PSplus and the PSvita together, like a bundle?

Just amazing!

chrisandsheva 26 October, 2012 @ 6:21 pm   109

Get outa here. Are you guys doing this on purpose ?, Another one i have, seriously i AM getting fed up now, i posted last night in the halloween sales blog about my misfortune (it seems), in only getting three games since IGC started, that i actually haven’t owned/have, and/or like, i cannot believe this is coincidence, ie, i am big on conspiracy theories, so ok, i Have posted some (lots) critical comments, but constructively so, i like to think, Please enough with the games i have had.. i know i am not the only one, but that doesn’t make it any easier. btw, am Still (surprise) happy with the value for money plus Has given me, But try not to do it Again.. Unbelievable.

Andrefpvs 26 October, 2012 @ 6:28 pm   110

Hi, as a Plus subscriber, there is one genre that has been pratically absent since the service began: RPGs (Both Japanese and Western).

Please try to change this, Chris. Thanks!

PS: PSP has a lot of great RPGs, maybe they can be included in Vita’s version of Plus)

CMDRZorn 26 October, 2012 @ 6:29 pm   111

While Crysis 2 is one of the games I already own I’ve been very happy with your choices for PSN+ so far.

Still, I’d appreciate PSN+ even more if you had a bigger variety of genres each month. How about an RPG for a change ?

NIS America has reduced a lot of their RPG titles in price and they should be within the PSN+ budget.

Of course you cannot possibly please every gamer out there, but it would be a start to cover more than one genre. :)

Dark_Overlord 26 October, 2012 @ 6:31 pm   112

While the SP is good, the MP is a bag of crap. There’s a reason it earned the nickname Lag-sis :/

chrisandsheva 26 October, 2012 @ 6:38 pm   113

Personally i put it down halfway through the SP, the multi Was ok, back then, but i am not that much into mp, even got crysis on christmas sale, to maybe try and get more interest in the series, but again i just haven’t been able to make a ‘proper’ start on it, i guess i must be the equivelant of those women who buy loads of shoes, but never wear them all.. gonna Have to stop doing ‘stupid’ stuff like this from now on.

Another shooter? Oh God SCEE… I know it’s a great game… but c’me on there must be other retail games (non shoters) to give to PS+ users…

We’ve got SAM&MAX and the Back to the Futurte season… maybe it’s time for some Jurassic Park…

GraFGrizzli 26 October, 2012 @ 6:48 pm   115

Well, already played Crysis 2. Game was pretty decent. Hope we’ll get more variability in genres next months – shooters, shooters, wait, action, shooters.
But I play DrS:PtD anyway.

Something that I don’t own. This is what I call premium service, more AAA titles. But what I would to see, more RPGs, maybe some racing title, like Burnout Paradise, old one, but one of the best!

Awesome looking forward to playing this though I think it will have to wait till December! November is all about Assassins Creed III

Player42791 26 October, 2012 @ 8:32 pm   118

@Chris

Any chance we could get SSX in the IGC?

CoolRichy008UK 26 October, 2012 @ 8:37 pm   119

Chris Howe i say this for everyone who keeps asking about it

MAKE RETRO CITY RAMPAGE GAME OF THE MONTH AS WELL because its been delayed longer then a vindaloo and i think that if a game gets delayed it should be free or ps plus game of month we want it now (kicks sega up the butt and says HURRY UP)

CoolRichy008UK 26 October, 2012 @ 8:38 pm   120

chrisandsheva i think sony should do reserch into what games people have got and then add games that we havnt bought yet half of halloween sale games i own they need to add games that no one has bought its gettin stupid now i bet next month they add games from 2007

CoolRichy008UK 26 October, 2012 @ 8:41 pm   121

Izorpo oh and you missed something out the list

the ps store is still freezing after 10 mins of lookin around it i think the ps3 store thinks us the consumers are dodgy (kicks ps store so it works) it better stop freezing when i get assasins creed 3 in 2 weeks time or i will really throw a templer at the new look store

geektopia 26 October, 2012 @ 8:44 pm   122

The service should be named Playstation Past.

I hope the Vita packages include some new games… Or at least discounts on new games.

Si_Chivz 26 October, 2012 @ 8:46 pm   123

Looking forward to this one, thanks guys

D-FrOzenONE 26 October, 2012 @ 8:50 pm   124

this is a nice addition

I can’t believe that, after so many comments about the amount of shooters we allready got lately, the first game coming month will be…. a shooter!
There are so many great non-shooter games out there. Am I becoming that non-mainstream, that this service isn’t for me anymore?
Great that other updates will give us ‘more variety’… let me guess, we’ll get some sidescrolling PSN game besides this? Or maybe some other, good, PSN game. We want a non-shooter(ish) retail game…!
But hey, why do I even bother posting this, you probably won’t even read this (especially since a LOT of people have allready been complaining about the shooterfest Plus is becoming, for some time now).

chrisandsheva 26 October, 2012 @ 9:03 pm   126

@ CoolRichy008UK
Have to agree that rcr would and really should be made a game of month, next month, but i will be surprised if they even offer us all a discount. Still miracles do happen.

So this vita plus deal starts next month, well apart from betting Everyones Golf, Unit13 and Wipeout2048 will be ‘soon’ included, why ?, Because i allready own them of course, i’d add Uncharted to that as well, but can’t see that one somehow. Anyway Chris heres a idea, how about a remote play title, either for vita plus or normal plus,have owwned GoW origins, but Would have it again, or Ico and Shadow, be happy with either, so any chance ?.

DoucheVader 26 October, 2012 @ 9:09 pm   127

What about us Yanks in the States?

Rumor has it that Americans like First Person Shooters. :) :) :)

Vintsukka 26 October, 2012 @ 9:12 pm   128

There’s a PS+ exclusive DLC pack for Dungeon Defenders in the US store. Any chance we could get it here as well?

Vintsukka 26 October, 2012 @ 9:14 pm   129

Really looking forward to Crysis 2, best Plus game in a while (which is no mean feat).

DeadSancus 26 October, 2012 @ 9:43 pm   130

How about Bioshock 2 for the next month update?

Skydancerx 26 October, 2012 @ 9:52 pm   131

Whoooo…. really looking forward to this! Great Choice!

Hey Guy dont be too hard with the Plus Team. For the Value we get very good Games. Ok i already owned Dead Space 2 and Red Dead but i´m happy with Plus. It´s nearly Impossible to get everyone satisfied.

@Chis:
In the Special Case with Germany. Plus put Pegi 16/18 Demos and Stuff that are not available for “normal” Users in the Plus Section. Like the RE6 Demo, Silent Hill Vita Demo.

Better is that Sony gets an Age Verification. When MS can do 16/18 Demos and Stuff, with a Silber XBL, Sony can also.

And please don´t release crippled Stuff here. I know that Sony have nothing to do with Censorship but Bulletstorm (German Version) is as mess.

Also on Sales choose better Games as alternative for Germany. Expandables 2 is a Joke.

Looks like u are full of Enthusiasm :) I hope you keep it for a long time, due to the Moaning here on the blog.

CassyChan 26 October, 2012 @ 11:08 pm   132

Fantastic single-player campaign, it’s great to see games like this on PS+, even if it’s another I have already :) Looking forward to hearing about the other PS3 and Vita content for next month!

CassyChan 26 October, 2012 @ 11:12 pm   133

Oh and I agree with some of the other comments, RPGs would be nice for PS+ :D

Bad luck for me, because i already owned it! This was a big hit when it came out, and many people (like me) already played it. I think most of us would prefer the crysis 1 than the 2. Crysis 1 only came out later on PSN. Maybe you can include crysis 1 also??Please!

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 26 October, 2012 @ 11:49 pm   135

Cool, please put the PSP SILENT HILL games onto the store, thanks.

gamingdevil800 27 October, 2012 @ 12:14 am   136

There hasn’t been a store update this week…

There has, gamingdevil…just no demo…

I agree, rpgs please. Down with FPS. Up with other genres.

Brenden3 27 October, 2012 @ 2:02 am   138

I don’t think I’ve gotten a retail game for free on plus that I haven’t had since the 10 games at once deal… Dammit…

ocelot07 27 October, 2012 @ 2:37 am   139

I really liked Crysis 2. I thought the online side of things where really good. The single player was good as well but I never got around to completing it. Now here is my chance to do so.

Devils_Demon 27 October, 2012 @ 3:07 am   140

Might I suggest Mirrors Edge to be free at some point? I have it on disc and I got the platinum trophy when it was released but I started playing it again last week to get 99 stars in the Time Trials and I forgot how fantastic the game is. I would love it if more people experienced this masterpiece.
So yeah, I’m suggesting a game I already have. Bet that’s a first. I’m just a nice guy and I feel sorry for all those unlucky people who haven’t played this gem of a game yet.

Jamesyp00 27 October, 2012 @ 3:21 am   141

Can i put another + on Enslaved coming to the store, Maybe with Pigsy’s perfect 10 as well :)?

SuperJag86 27 October, 2012 @ 7:57 am   142

SSX please!

DJvirus61 27 October, 2012 @ 9:40 am   143

Rage would be nice ,its got action and racing all in one, been eyeing it up at the moment as its for a budget price , but i think I will wait as every thing I buy seems to come to Plus a few months later

DJvirus61 27 October, 2012 @ 9:57 am   144

I feel sorry for the Germans , used to live there and I know their games are cut to hell L 4 D was a joke and bullet storm :( its not worth buying any 18 rated game in Germany , better to go over the border and buy there!

need moar HDD space!

BubblesPL 27 October, 2012 @ 10:24 am   146

Just my luck. Another game I already played on the other console. I’m starting to regret my PS+ subscription auto-renewed. Is there any way, besides not having enough money in your virtual wallet, for the subscription to not auto-renew? I’m still hoping that the other games we get in November are more interesting to me.

fauxtronic 27 October, 2012 @ 10:32 am   147

Account management>Transaction management>Services list
Select the service you want to cancel and click ‘Cancel Automatic Renewal’.

fauxtronic 27 October, 2012 @ 10:34 am   148

Hmm… my last post didn’t show up so there’s a potential duplicate post here. Apologies if the other one shows up later.

If you want to stop PS+ auto-renewing then navigate to Account management, Transaction management, Services list. Select the PS+ service and click Cancel Automatic Renewal.

MEH MORE SHOOTERS MEH

When are you FINALLY going to bring something for people that aren’t that much into FPS and 3rd person???

This month already had Bulletstorm and Resident Evil 5. November another shooter…

Bring something like Rayman Origins. Platformers, racers (Dirt for example) or anything else than a shooter!

I’m hoping the instant game collection for PSVita makes me more excited about PS+ for November and makes up for October and November on the PS3.

Get some more balance in the genres of retail games that are given Sony!

dogwalker4000 27 October, 2012 @ 11:27 am   150

Nice addition to my growing collection…will have to get in line though because my backlog of games is getting ridiculous. Not that that’s a complaint of course :)

Keep these top titles coming, good job.

BubblesPL 27 October, 2012 @ 11:36 am   151

Many thanks for the reply fauxtronic.

zxRATTLExz 27 October, 2012 @ 11:36 am   152

Crysis 2? Good call. Didn’t get around to playing that when it was released but my friends said they enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing what else is announced for Nov. I’m hoping for NFS Hot Pursuit and Retro City Rampage.

SherrifNL 27 October, 2012 @ 11:43 am   153

I liked receiving bulletstorm as a shooter on my hardrive and now we get crysis just awesome, i dont understand why people complain for getting a shooter for free with ps plus variety is neccesary if you ask me.

zxRATTLExz 27 October, 2012 @ 11:48 am   154

@153 I understand the complaints. Plus members have had an abundance of shooters given to them over the months and they would like some variety. Bare in mind that not every plus member wants to play shooter after shooter, some may not even be old enough.
Whatever i download on my PS3 i also download onto my sons if it suitable for his age. It’s been a while since i was able to do that.

Chocobo115 27 October, 2012 @ 12:38 pm   155

Oh for heaven’s sake, Another shooter?
Just give us rathet & Clank All 4 one.
other suggestions Siren: Blood Curse. God of War Collection vol 2, Legasista, Super Street Fighter 4: AE, the walking dead season pass. Even Agarest War Zero would been fine.

Just not this many shooters.

Ah well who am I kidding? posting too late so noone important will read this anyways :/

Coody-Baroody 27 October, 2012 @ 12:46 pm   156

Anybody else get the feeling that this new guy Chris Howe – although Im sure hes a lovely fella – just isnt going to be anywhere NEAR as helpful or reply anywhere near as much as the last guy did, what was his name? Ross was it?

I mean, 11 Replies! Thats just weak.

EyeBumGaze 27 October, 2012 @ 1:35 pm   157

I have just completed the first one on XBL GOD , I was very soon about to buy Crysis 2 on xbox too…………no more , yay me :)

OkkiBaraccus 27 October, 2012 @ 3:48 pm   158

Love this game! Thank you.

Already got this but good game anyway.

Any chance we could get lifetime membership on Free Realm for a free ps+ game?

markymillertime5 27 October, 2012 @ 4:43 pm   160

Is it just the game I’ll get or will you be filling my xmb up with more unwanted rubbish like singstar if I download it?!

googlerajen 27 October, 2012 @ 4:50 pm   161

playstation is de beste game winkel ter wereld

Subtotalatom 27 October, 2012 @ 5:56 pm   162

decent, looking forward to it! anynews on what the other two games are? I hate having to wait to find out what else is coming out

Sorry to sound like I’m repeating things already said on here, but can we please ease off on the shooters? Still loving PS+ though,despite this moan!

SGTSTEELFACE 27 October, 2012 @ 8:02 pm   164

Dear all

stop giving fred a hard time this is what he said as a reply in the october content update

“You’ve got at least one excellent non-shooter coming in November. Of the current available games, Hell Yeah, Lara Croft, Machinarium, Scott Pilgrim and Double Dragon are all decidedly non-shootery. We try to keep things varied!”

This doesnt promise in anyway there are no shooters anyway the shooters we have received are some of the most high quality shooters in the market.

pidge999 27 October, 2012 @ 8:45 pm   165

am sure some people will love but with MOH and COD at the same time I cannot warrant taking up what littled HD space I have left for probably no gametime!

“at least one non-shooter” implies the rest will be shooters. Hardly going to quell our frustrations is it?

And what you call high quality shooters, others don’t (and if the prices of them are anything to go by, it also implies their quality too as crap games go down in price quickly), also, the fact most of the shooters have been fps also puts those with motion sickness problems (like myself and another person who mentioned it here) out of not getting anything for their plus purchase either.

chrisandsheva 27 October, 2012 @ 11:06 pm   167

Anyone tell me the best way to keep resi2 on my vita, i fired it up last night and noticed it, and other stuff, had expired, no prob i thought, i’ll just sign in and try again, but it seems it isn’t like the ps3s way of renewing… tbh i haven’t checked yet if re2 is still on my downloaded list, as i heard that not only has it just been taken off store, but ‘apparently’ it also vanished of someones download list, i really, really don’t want to lose access to resi2, as they don’t seem that bothered about getting it working/compatable again, so Any ideas or advice would be great, thnx.

romez2774 27 October, 2012 @ 11:19 pm   168

any ideas what we will be getting at Xmas on psn

It’s not even November yet! Man, some people are eager aren’t they?

mikeysmiler 27 October, 2012 @ 11:59 pm   170

crysis 2 is a great game.im currently playin it as i bought it earlier this year.im 5 ranks away on multiplayer from getting the p[latinum.its a hard trophy list but worth the effort.anychance o f getting dead island on plus for free in december or late november?thanks and keep up the fantastic work

STORMxPYTHON 28 October, 2012 @ 12:24 am   171

Is this what plus has become? A dumping ground for FPS’s no ones buying
anymore!!! I’m not disputing Crisis 2 is a good game but why all these FPS’s ever month? It’s like your giving a big F U to everyone who doesn’t play these games. What about the gamer’s who don’t play shooters? Where’s our content to warrant having plus? Besides No one’s going to want to play these FPS’s when blackops is coming in less than 3 week’s. I’m so sick of this now.

Terrordactyl 28 October, 2012 @ 8:53 am   172

The service has been re-names PlayShooter+

Crysis 2 i already got, hopefully well get Demon Souls, dragons Dogma or any other of those Games tbh :)

darkdudes_2 28 October, 2012 @ 12:03 pm   174

You are just amazing *-*
one suggestion^^
i would love to play one time uncharted or assassins creed^^
i missed this games^^
especially uncharted golden abyss would i love to see in my vita instant game collection ^^

Luna_Dragon 28 October, 2012 @ 3:28 pm   175

many thanks for this, Chris!!
one of the many games i have a vague interest in but would never pay money for it as i am not really a shooter fan. but im sure i will have some fun with it :D

i would like to echo the many others that would like to see some good old RPGs on this!! Dragon Age and Two Worlds II are top of my wishlist, although some JRPGs that id be too sceptical to buy might be a nice surprise.

looking forward to seeing what else is in store! although i do have a query about the forthcoming addition of Vita: will Vita content take place of one of the PS3 slots, or will we still be getting 3 PS3 games a month plus Vita extras? going to be disappointed if us PS3-only users lose some stuff because of Vita.

thanks!!

chrisandsheva 28 October, 2012 @ 6:45 pm   176

@ Luna_Dragon
Allthough i support yours and others requests for rpg’s or games other than fps’s, i really hope Chris doesn’t listen to your requested games, am not being a div to you or nothin, but firstly, Dragon Age, i reckon that anyone who likes rpg’s will have allready have played both, but certainly the 1st, which is what they’d give us, But your 2nd choice, has to (imo) be the worst game Ever made (lo) seriously, i got it 1st day it come on psn store, ‘goy’ ed, and even though i payed half-price (i think) for it, it is a Disgrace, characters geting stuck ‘trying’ to walk up stairs, stealth killing ‘fresh air’ while your ‘locked on enemy’ is just out of (apparant) reach, total awful m8, so i ‘guess’ it’s be careful what you ask for. now Dragon Age 2.. Yes Please.

chrisandsheva 28 October, 2012 @ 6:54 pm   177

@ Chris
Just in case you do read this far back, if you read my above post you will see i mentioned a ‘awful’ game in it, Two Worlds2 etc, now i remember my disapointment at the time i bought it, but blamed myself for Not researching into it.. till the US got it the next week, as they (plus) also got the option of a hour trial, Before buying, or not, So i was then very upset at you’s or Ross to be more specific, as i ‘viewed’ it as i had lost £20 because we (EU) are NOT getting a similar service as the US is, now are hour trials have been added to by ONE game since then, while the US’s are increasing all the time, Are YOU going to right this wrong ? . i hope you both can and will.

chrisandsheva 28 October, 2012 @ 6:56 pm   178

edit button are = our.

FaZeR2009 28 October, 2012 @ 7:50 pm   179

In all honesty was expecting something better, crysis 2 has a good story but only really a 1 time play through, online is extremely poor and boring and not worth it. I would have preferred payday the heist like scea has had over there.

JamieIII 28 October, 2012 @ 9:30 pm   180

Just finished Hell Yeah from last month. Phenominal game, more like this please. I much prefer shorter games with Plus that I can play in between breaks from the current major retail games.

RemingtonInk 28 October, 2012 @ 9:34 pm   181

Great title, looking forward to what else PS+ will bring. I can easily say the 50 euro investment for a year subscription has paid for itself by now.

One note though, i have the Blog “favourited” using the “playstation-plus” tag, so if you guys could make sure all the PS+ related news gets tagged appropriatly, that would be great ;).

Keep up the good work!

henricuz 28 October, 2012 @ 10:36 pm   182

it’s my first time to subscribe with PS+ and I am amazed with it. just in time when I thought of buying Crysis 2 and it’s gonna be available this month. cheers mate.

dogwalker4000 28 October, 2012 @ 11:06 pm   183

Few ideas for plus games.

Mass Effect 3 (never got round to buying it, maybe too late to risk it in case it does pop up on here)
Dragon Age 1/2
ModNation Racers
R&C All4One
Payday Heist
Batman (either)
God of War (any, all awesome)
Twisted Metal (heard its coming to store soon, I reckon on plus b4 xmas)

On another note, is there a list anywhere of all the games ps+ has provided since launch? If so the a link would be great.

So, also Cubixx HD and Ratchet & Clank: All4One for PS+ november… good they aren’t shooters :)

Ocelot_109 29 October, 2012 @ 11:17 am   185

Hi, I’d like to share a few thoughts on PS Plus. No doubt, since the revamp of the service a few months ago it has improved by a huge amount and I really appreciate that step Sony took. But as much as I love it, I’d still like to see some minor changes to improve it even further.

First thing would be to reduce the number of shooters by a bit to make room for other types of games. I love shooters and really enjoy those that were released so far (Resident Evil 5, Dead Space 2, Crysis 2, Borderlands, Bulletstorm and the sort of shooters Red Dead Redemption, Deus Ex and Saints Row 2). Especially the 3 sort of shooters belong to my favorite games but anyway, you see the number of shooters is fairly large and for example RPGs are missing altogether so far (correct me if I’m wrong).

Ocelot_109 29 October, 2012 @ 11:17 am   186

Second thing would be to reduce the number of sequels by a bit. So far we have Dead Space 2, Crysis 2 and Infamous 2 (and technically also Just Cause 2 and Saints Row but I know that the first games aren’t available on PS3). Unfortunately, I’ve never played one of the first games of those franchises and so I had to get them first because I really hate to just jump into the middle of a story without knowing the first half. I understand that releasing newer games is supposed to be a good thing but sometimes it can’t hurt to start at the beginning and release the first game and maybe later the sequel. Alternatively, one could release more games which don’t have sequels but oh well, those become rarer and rarer by the years.

Thanks for reading and feel free to tell me how you feel about these thoughts.

walkiri2 29 October, 2012 @ 12:07 pm   187

Crysis 2! Awsome :D already passed the whole game on PC but I’ll definitely do it again for trophies:]

TINTINTB303 29 October, 2012 @ 2:03 pm   188

@Chris

I am surprised that this hasn’t been mentioned but most people like to know ALL the games coming up in one post rather than being drip fed the information over the month.

By all means put up a reminder once the middle of the month game(s) are available but certainly putting all the games in one post at the start of the month is the way to go.

TINTIN :-)

left4bread3 29 October, 2012 @ 3:45 pm   189

Crysis really is an overrated game the single player campaign was boring and the mp is fun but not exactly awesome.

Just a suggestion, why not offer games that are at £50 – £60 on the store at more realistic and sensible prices to plus members? Eg. Fifa 13 for say £29.99?

thegr8mouse77 29 October, 2012 @ 5:22 pm   191

this is great news, perhaps one of the games can Mass Effect 2 or am I getting too greedy?

BluSpykz 29 October, 2012 @ 5:26 pm   192

Late to the party but I agree with TINTIN.
I like to have my dinner AND desert on the same day, and not a week apart.

We should get told at start of month all games for that month so we know not to go get it secondhand.

Nightmareofkaito 29 October, 2012 @ 7:23 pm   194

does this game have legacy controls, which are left stick: move and turn, right stick: aim up and down and strafe.

varun-verma816 29 October, 2012 @ 8:36 pm   195

Oh boy!! Time to discontinue my subscription.

captain_crash199 29 October, 2012 @ 8:57 pm   196

Really looking forward to this. PS+ is fantastic value and shows Xbox Live up for the rip off it is.

Si_Chivz 29 October, 2012 @ 9:13 pm   197

So can you confirm the other games for November on PS+ are indeed R&C All 4 One and Cubixx HD, or is this just internet speculation?

Voodoo341 29 October, 2012 @ 10:06 pm   198

Ironically R&C All 4 one and Cubixx HD both got a disappointing 70 on Metacritic. PS+ = bargain bucket more than premium service.

*sigh*

Yes some more variety/switching of games would be nice,and giving us a list of 10/20 games to vote on would be great,or perhaps to keep everyone happy put up a list every month and let people choose their own 3?I believe the choices at the moment are based on companies paying you to let them go out in the hopes people buy the sequals/DLC.
I hope its not R&C all 4 one, it is a shooter, and looks very meh. Im surprised Hell Yeah was listed as “not a shooter” as it also was,also VERY underwhelming (boring, repetitive, 3 year old humour and delusions of grandeur)
Thought Crysis 2 was on PS+ months ago,perhaps that was USA,one of the few games I dont actually own thts been added so far x_X.(which is why the voting/choose your own would be great, perhaps have a”random pick”where it gives you an extra game from said list but you dont get to choose which one? If you want more than the say 3 you chose that month you can use next months 3 to get more?Or perhaps only 3 can be”active”and remove ones that suck?

ultraryuuzan 30 October, 2012 @ 3:12 am   200

It seems that PS+ Europe is better than its US cousin. We cannot even compare anymore. Europe got games like Motorstorm Apocalypse, R.D.Redemption, Darksiders and now Crysis 2. US still grips with Ratchet and Clank all 4 one, Little big planet and Infamous 2. Oh lord my god is there no help for the widow’s son? LOL ♥_♥

Its suck at its only Ps+ some get Full Games :(

@keuprey, we pay for subscription, it isn’t free :)

I’m loving the free games!

Any way you can tell the U.S. plus content guys to step their game up? Nothing for 2 WEEKS!

Hi Chris! I remember Ross saying positive things earlier (not promising anything though) of getting Catherine free for plus later on. I hope it’s still on the plans?

Other suggestions:
Asura’s Wrath
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel
Two Worlds II (GOTY-version if possible)

And I hope we’ll see more games like Machinarium too! That’s my favourite plus-game this year!

More RPGs, less FPS-games and Plus will be perfect! Thanks! :)

dogwalker4000 31 October, 2012 @ 8:50 am   206

I really don’t get the thought process of some people.

PS+ gives you a top game, high scores, big reputation…”I have it already.” Fair enough. Here have this. “Omg! Enough shooters already” Alright, lets try some variety. “It’s got a bad score, it’s bargain bucket.”

For £39.99 a year are you expecting Assassin’s Creed 3 on release or something? If plus gives out a big well known game then the chances are a fair few may already have it, it’s a shame yes but unfortunately can’t be avoided. I can’t afford to buy brand new games every month so have missed some big titles, Plus has been excellent to me. I had 2 of the 3 games last month but I was still pleased with the quality of titles, these are AAA titles, old ones but still of a high quality.

Ratchet & Clank is a lot of fun and think a 70 is a bit harsh, it only scored lower because of a change in style from the other R&C games. Give these games a chance at least before you start knocking em.

timewatch2000 1 November, 2012 @ 12:30 am   207

Well another shooter game, how about something else, like Heavy Rain. It would be nice for more DC Universe DLC discounts as missed out last time. Oh yeh get rid of Singstar from XMB – not interested in it and do not want it appearing on my screen, at least give the option to delete it.

fairliedaft 1 November, 2012 @ 1:55 am   208

now, dont get me wrong, i LOVE shooters and fast exciting games, but i do agree with people here. there needs to be more variety, especially RPGs and the like. side scrolling games and small games are all well and good, but dont give them to us as a substitute for whatever AAA shooter we get. personally i preferred the old ps+, i think the variety was better.
also, please for the love of God, publish the games to come a month or two in advance. i am reluctant to buy games that are released more than a year ago, and basically any PSN game as i have no idea if it will be included on ps+. or if i do buy a game, and it appears on ps+, if i was told i was getting the game for free, i would have spent the money on another game.
oh and, Singstar on my XMB? that was sneaky, wasnt mentioned in the update info and i am truly (CENSORED) off about that. if i wanted it, i would have bought it.

Hi Chris,
Excellent! Crysis 2 is definitely a great addition.

However, regarding the free games on plus I am still confused about one thing ever since I have joined plus about a month ago.

Are all the free plus titles placed under the IGC only or they are scattered under other sections as well on the ps3 store. In the older version of PS3 store i did find some put here and there, in the current version, I found one randomly from somewhere by clicking on it and seeing that it was free for plus. Now, I generally do it for games randomly. I would suggest to group all the content neatly under the exclusive section in addition to IGC.

Also, if there could be a weekly summary list of all the free plus games somewhere it would be helpful. I believe these two suggestions would greatly enhance the overall plus experience.

And yes, for my suggestions for new games – I would like to see Naruto Shippudden, previous Skyrim parts – morrowind, assassin’s creed older – I & II,
Thanks,
Cheers

Ive only recently joint psn plus, i joint within the last week and have already felt my money repaid ive had great fun playing motorstorm online aswell as co-op resident evil 5, im currently downloading infamous 2, seems a silly question but knowing there is an update imminent there won’t be any problems with my infamous 2 download will there? also when does the store update content?

BloodWolf481 1 November, 2012 @ 7:19 pm   211

Annoying how all the downloads keep failing hope I’ll hold back from smashing my ps3 on a wall until this game comes out

bartman261 1 November, 2012 @ 11:39 pm   212

would be good if we can have the original timesplitters on pan store i would pay anything to play that game again :(

Ocelot_109 2 November, 2012 @ 5:12 pm   213

@spongo5

You should be fine. I haven’t heard of such a thing that updates mess with your downloads.

scorchstar 3 November, 2012 @ 2:18 am   214

Bought Crysis 2 a week ago. Played it for 5 minutes and turned the PlayStation off. It is visually blurry on PS3 version, and it’s quite annoying.

Don’t bother downloading if you’re not into FPS games, the Xbox 360 and PC versions are much better, but I guess that’s just my opinion.

So do whatever the hell you want

motown657 4 November, 2012 @ 5:44 pm   215

NICCCE Crysis 2 when will it be online Tuesday??

kieranmarsh 4 November, 2012 @ 5:45 pm   216

~ Copy & Paste If You Agree ~

As a sign of my frustration with the store and blog staff, And anger at the way we are treated and scammed I will be boycotting the store and convincing others to do the same until you show us the respect we deserve as your paying customers.

Examples being,
– Blog staff ignoring important or useful questions.
– Replying to the same questions, sometimes on the same page.
– Inability to provide us with information (TWD, CS:GO)
– Promoting content, then on release saying its delayed.
– Promoting deals that don’t work and don’t fix (Dead Island).
– Releasing Content, then announce a discount a week later (WWE13).
– 95% of the PS2 games are garbage, release good games.
– Charging ridiculous amounts for digital games.
– Charging more than the US Store, Content should be equally priced.
– Forced to have a Singstar icon on the XMB.
– Feel free to add more
- SINGSTAR
- SINGSTAR
- AND AGAIN SINGSTAR!!!!

In the words of the late Owen Hart
“Enough is enough and its time for a change”

~ Copy & Paste If You Agree ~

fidelisbenza 7 November, 2012 @ 5:04 pm   217

how long do i have to wait?……….