Posted 5:00pm

Join the DUST 514 Double Skill Point Weekend

orbital_artillery_assault

As an immortal mercenary in DUST 514, Skill Points are your dearest friends. They’re your path to better gear, faster movement, deeper customization and even social standing. And on the war-torn planetary battlefields of New Eden, they don’t come cheap.

Double_Skill_Point_Weekend

For an extended weekend, we’re doubling the number of Skill Points our bullet-scarred beta testers will gain in every battle, from 1 November through 8 November. That means every headshot, NULL Cannon hack, dropship takedown – everything you do on the battlefield – will get you twice as close to your goal of galactic dominance.

Whether you’re working toward building the ultimate tank commander, striving to become a megacorporation CEO or simply trying to piece together your own unique hybrid warrior class, every single Skill Point helps.

female_mercssniper_night

If you’re already playing the beta, you won’t want to miss the DUST 514 Double Skill Point Weekend. Our latest build, Codex, introduced new environments, weapons, avatars, equipment and a lot more. And if you haven’t given the beta a shot yet, now is the perfect time to step onto into New Eden.

DUST 514 is a free-to-play first-person shooter set in the persistent, notorious sci-fi universe of EVE Online. It’s only available on the PlayStation 3, and it’s home to one of the best communities in gaming. Our beta testers have been working behind the scenes to help CCP do something that’s never been done on a game console. Together, we’re taking shooters somewhere completely new, and we hope you’ll come along for the ride.

scout_massdriverorbital_artillery_defense

We’ll be giving away thousands of beta codes over the next few days, so keep an eye on your favorite gaming sites for a chance to pick up a beta code. You’ll also want to watch our official Twitter [@DUST514] and Facebook feeds – we’ll be giving away codes there as well.

You can find out more at the official DUST 514 site, and sign up for the beta at the link below:

Thanks for playing. See you in New Eden.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

22 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

So wait? Is this game even out yet?
You guys need to be more clear when this game is actually out because for us consumers it seems really confusing.

Its not out its coming out with a PS3 bundle, Its out If you buy a bundle pack on PSN, Its out on closed beta, Its out on public beta…… WTF?!?!!!?!

Now its not out till next year on many sites.

When is the full game releasing? Don’t want to play a beta so won’t be playing until the final version releases.

young_hastings 2 November, 2012 @ 7:34 pm   3

i saw this and thought i had somehow missed the launch of this game i did a quick google and this game isnt even out yet. it says tba 2012. i dunno why this even got a blog post surely it should just be posted within the betas community and not the entire playstation community where most of the people here cant even get access to it

chrisandsheva 2 November, 2012 @ 7:39 pm   4

lol.. is ‘anyone’ even playing this beta ?, obviously i Know there’ll be the commited, but i meant like apart from them, had such high hopes for this, .. concept, but made mistake of trying beta, still, when polished vers is ready i will try it, if it’s on track with what we discused in previous, pre-beta launch blogs, then maybe.. but am not expecting it.

Pyromobster 2 November, 2012 @ 8:57 pm   5

Just signed up for the beta at the Dust site. I played the game before and loved it! Really hope I get in. :-)

I played the beta some time ago, and I had no idea what I was doing. I’ll wait for the final release when it’s less laggy and easier to navigate

chrisandsheva 2 November, 2012 @ 10:52 pm   7

@ Pyromobster
You Don’t have to wait, it’s been free for all plus users to download for weeks now, but tbh, since new store i haven’t seen it, so just try searching?hunting for it, and hopefully it’ll still be there for ye..

Don’t worry guys if you don’t know when full-fix game comes out
Is out the dlc first for this game :)
Yeah its fun when a pre-beta game has 100 euro! dlc :)
I hope full game is not like beta because beta is bad

due to nda there is little that can be spoken about. I have just given the game second look after several months away and even in the few months away they seem to have made many improvments that the players have requested. This has been enough to get me back in the betta.

Pyromobster 3 November, 2012 @ 8:07 am   11

@chrisandsheva
It is in the store to download, but its a trial. There was a chance for plus users to get in without registering a while ago,but I missed that :@
Now the only way to get in is to register and hopefully get picked.

D-FrOzenONE 3 November, 2012 @ 10:31 am   12

i played the beta it confused me because you could purchase gear points for real cash, do those points transfer when the game comes out or do they expect people to pay during beta testing? also it seemed like a cash grab to me so i decided to give it a miss

kieranmarsh 3 November, 2012 @ 10:51 am   13

unfortunately ill be singing along to the singstar demo, wont have time to play decent games… :p

zelorian74 3 November, 2012 @ 12:07 pm   14

the dust 514 beta is now free for all plus members or you can get access via the merc pack dlc. I have been in the beta for sometime now and the game has improved a lot it is a little bugged still ie shooting a full clip into the back of a sniper at point blank range and not denting there shield can be a tad annoying. I believe there are two more precursor updates to come before full release so exspect a 2013 launch. just to answer a few of the earlier post it is now an open beta anyone can download the client. As for not knowing what your doing this is a CCP game try playing EVE thats a steep learning curve. This game has the making of something special just getting two clients on two platforms to work with each other has never been tried before so lets give the dev teams a break as they work towards a world first.

Great concept, but shame the game is so poorly executed! Plays like an extremely mediocre version of MAG – free or not, no thank you.

Id like my money back off Sony for my GT5, nearly Everytime i go out on track i get a black screen, It clearly is only me as people keep changing cars but i dont get out at all. This is me.. Go online, Choose car, Join track, Black screen, Quit game & it does that 90% of the time, Dont reply saying its getting fixed or anything like that, I want my refund!

hagasmyriah 4 November, 2012 @ 5:31 pm   17

Dear Sony I am sure hundreds of people probably asked you this before but I would really like to know if you are going to create a minecraft for PS3.

regards Daniel

kieranmarsh 4 November, 2012 @ 5:37 pm   18

dear sony, i know hundreds of people have asked already and you ignored them in several posts on many sites… when can we get rid of the singstar icon?

kieranmarsh 4 November, 2012 @ 5:39 pm   19

~ Copy & Paste If You Agree ~

As a sign of my frustration with the store and blog staff, And anger at the way we are treated and scammed I will be boycotting the store and convincing others to do the same until you show us the respect we deserve as your paying customers.

Examples being,
– Blog staff ignoring important or useful questions.
– Replying to the same questions, sometimes on the same page.
– Inability to provide us with information (TWD, CS:GO)
– Promoting content, then on release saying its delayed.
– Promoting deals that don’t work and don’t fix (Dead Island).
– Releasing Content, then announce a discount a week later (WWE13).
– 95% of the PS2 games are garbage, release good games.
– Charging ridiculous amounts for digital games.
– Charging more than the US Store, Content should be equally priced.
– Forced to have a Singstar icon on the XMB.
– Feel free to add more

In the words of the late Owen Hart
“Enough is enough and its time for a change”

~ Copy & Paste If You Agree ~

kieranmarsh 5 November, 2012 @ 4:23 pm   20

~ Copy & Paste If You Agree ~

Examples being,
– Blog staff ignoring important or useful questions.
– Replying to the same questions, sometimes on the same page..
– Forced to have a Singstar icon on the XMB.
– Feel free to add more
- SINGSTAR
- SINGSTAR
- AND AGAIN SINGSTAR!!!!

In the words of the late Owen Hart
“Enough is enough and its time for a change”

~ Copy & Paste If You Agree ~

Try it, you might like it!!

RoronoaSouthe 6 November, 2012 @ 12:08 pm   21

@kieranmarsh + to anyone else who spams my message in the same comments page

Stop repeatedly posting the message. In my eyes its fine to post it once in the comments but when you do it again especially 2 comments in a row i have to agree with the spam comments people are saying.

If everyone posted it once then in my eyes its fine we’re just trying to send a message to the staff but when you repeatedly post it in the same comment section it comes across as spam and trolling. Post it once and then leave it at that or comment to people who say its wrong. Don’t give them ammo to accuse you of spamming or trolling.

gnasher59 6 November, 2012 @ 9:30 pm   22