Posted 12:01pm

PlayStation.Blog Recap

Hey everyone, and happy weekend!

The leaves are falling from the trees and the nights are drawing in – which means it’s a great time to stay indoors and tackle the heap of rather wonderful new titles around right now.

This week alone has seen the gorgeous Okami HD brushing up to the PlayStation Store, new assassins Connor and Aveline eagle diving through Assassin’s Creed III and Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation, as well as Criterion’s Need for Speed: Most Wanted screeching onto both PS3 and PS Vita. We’ve got info on all of these and much more in this week’s recap. Enjoy!

On a separate note, apologies for the lack of a Weekend Debate yesterday. I’ve been away from my desk for the past few days and was unable to make the necessary arrangements in time. Rest assured normal service will resume next week!

Playstation EU

Official PlayStation Magazine - UK

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

179 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
DAVIE222-PSVita 3 November, 2012 @ 12:08 pm   1

Fred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE ASK JAWAD if we are getting the assassins creed 3 avatars the U.S got!

I NEED THEM !!!!!!!!

Not a single mention of the Singstar mess. Looks like SCEE are going to do the same thing they did with CS:GO…. just ignore and carry on regardless. Remember that the next time you’re thinking of handing over some of your hard earned cash.

@fred

when can we see some blog post about improving things instead off constant lies and disappointments. and the rip-off prices, or is failure and silence the only thing SCEE can do.

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 3 November, 2012 @ 12:25 pm   4

^ ^ ^
Ok, I’m not going to buy SOCOM:FTB3 or When Vikings Attack for my Vita then. I was going to do so earlier but now I’ve changed my mind after reviewing SCEE’s failures this year.

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 3 November, 2012 @ 12:25 pm   5

By doing so, I’ll save my money. In regards to the PSP games – they’re a ripoff!

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 3 November, 2012 @ 12:28 pm   6

Oh, I think this is worth a mention: because of SCRE’s incompetence to upload Resident Evil games onto the Ps store, I had to buy them from the US store. The following year, the UK PSN finally got them after the years delay. However, now I cannot play them on my Vita – only my PS3! This is very frustrating.

When Walking Dead ep.5 comes out, please try not to delay it! Also will CS:GO ever come out? Oh wait I just answered my own question. :/

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 3 November, 2012 @ 12:29 pm   8

This of course is because I have my UK and US account.
*SCEE.

zxRATTLExz 3 November, 2012 @ 12:29 pm   9

Hi Fred, wasn’t sure where to post this as i’m not sure if you guys read comments on posts further down the list but i noticed a couple of problems on the store this week.
Firstly, the main Halloween offers section has Dead Island and Beyond good and evil at full price. It’s very misleading and probably qualifies as false advertising.

Secondly, i went to re-download Infamous, which i was given for free after the PSN outage last year (or the year before…can’t remember) but ran into some trouble. Once i had downloaded it I was unable to install it as it was asking me to connect a PSP. It may be that the wrong file has been uploaded to the new store. Please could you pass this on so it can be sorted as i would like to play this game again sometime soon. Cheers.

Please, fix the problem in the deal sections. I want to buy the dlcs for AC Revelations but the one of them still shows the full price.

PIREDERAS 3 November, 2012 @ 12:31 pm   11

Fred, while we eagerly wait for any PS VITA Plus news, I have a persistent issue with my PS VITA, while I try to Remote Play with my PS3.

I have synced my WiFi only PS VITA with my PS3 Slim (not the latest Super Slim), via the Settings, codes and all. Each device’s OS is of course up-to-date. Then I try to Remote Play always via Private Network (PS3 direct to VITA through WiFi), NOT through the Internet! When my PS3 is connected wirelessly to the Router (switched on) and the Internet, Remote Play works fine on the VITA. If I switch off the router, or if the router was never switched on, any connection is impossible! The PS3 says “A connection to the Network could not be established. Go to Settings/Network Settings”. The VITA says “Could not connect to the PS3 system. Check Network/Remote Play”, and displays a code (C2-10962-8). Am I doing anything wrong? Or is it a system malfunction?

And finally, why is it so complicated to just sync any 2 Sony devices? Couldn’t it be as easy as syncing any DualShock controller to any PS3 system? Anyway, I hope to get an answer.

S-o-h-a-i-l 3 November, 2012 @ 12:34 pm   12

Missed you Fred :(

chrisandsheva 3 November, 2012 @ 12:41 pm   13

@ Fred.
When you decided to change the ‘heads-up’ time from 1pm(ish) to 3pm, did you think that was a good move, i mean atm it seems to be helping Jawad ‘avoid’ answering many questions, i mean, he takes around a hour to start his replies. which takes time to 4(ish) pm.. then after (lately) answering 10 or so, it’s basically time to wrap things up, for the (that) day, personally i wish you would of maybe tried the opposite strategy First, maybe move the heads up announcement to 11am, giving Jawad from 12 or so to maybe try and get things under control.. i mean, true, some ppl cannot be appeased.. But most of ‘us’ used to lend a hand (or two) in those cases, now though as well as continuing to keep that minority ‘wound up’, it seems to be having a negative effect on ‘usually normal/rational minded’ readers.. i just believe it was, IS a step backward.. can see Why it ‘looked’ a good decision, but hope it isn’t set in stone.
Also, a old topic resurfaced on wed, basically, Whose if anyones job/duties is it to answer our comments, heads-up etc ?.

Hey Fred, are we getting a sale for the old “Need for Speed” chapters anytime soon? And for all the Soul Calibur V addons, too.

Dark-Twisted 3 November, 2012 @ 12:56 pm   15

Just logging in to confirm I have the same problem as @11.

It’s a problem that seems to happen to me at random, only on some days. Never experienced in the past. Happy to know it might not be my setup, that’d be a pain.

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 3 November, 2012 @ 12:59 pm   16

Ok, I’m sorry SCEE. I’m going to buy both of them – I love you so much SCEE and I’m so very sorry.

Kresnik258 3 November, 2012 @ 1:46 pm   17

I know this probably won’t be read, but worth a try. I noticed some problems with the new PS Store.

In the PSP add-ons section, there are multiple PSP games, such as The Sims 2, Sonic Rivals, Super Monkey Ball etc. Just thinking you guys might want to move them back into the PSP games section.

Also, Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars disappeared from the store when it updated. I’m not sure whether it just got ‘lost’ in another section of the store like those other games did or whether it got removed, but I was just wondering if we could have an update about it? I was looking forward to buying it. I contacted customer support but they were no help.

tl;dr

Short recap: SCEE fails again.

kieranmarsh 3 November, 2012 @ 2:12 pm   19

singstar icon, new shop… sony s****!!

The halloween sale has been one of the most frustrating events in a long time. I thought sales were meant to be a good time. We were told we could buy Dead Island at a reduced price till the 7th. You have LIED to us again and am believing you are all completely inept. You are incapable of going one week without an issue. How am I wrong?

chrisboers 3 November, 2012 @ 2:32 pm   21

Welcome back Mr D! Good to hear from you, we missed you! Good to hear you’re not ill, or something.

I would like to point out one strange thing in the Shop: Assassin’s Creed II and Brotherhood are located in the Assassin’s rebate section, and are even marked ‘free’ for PS Plua. While these appear to be the full versions (which would be incorrect of course), after download, they turn out to be the timed trials. They are obviously labelled incorrectly.

Have a good weekend!

supersmith2500 3 November, 2012 @ 2:42 pm   22

Fred where have ya been?? Yeah, but much an average week for SCEE. Minor fault with the server few nights ago, RCR is still nowhere to be found, no discounts for Plus and plus Valve hates SCEE.

I hope Walking Dead Ep.5 and Retro City Rampage gets released on time. Oh in speaking of Portal 2, when is the DLC for it going to come out for Europe has it’s been confirmed for US or are we not getting it?

supersmith2500 3 November, 2012 @ 2:52 pm   23

Oh and this is why I sold my Portal 2 copy on PS3 today. Because I have it on PC and it plays MUCH better than PS3. Not to mention there is no date for the In Motion DLC yet for European PSN. Or Valve might not bother releasing it for EU PSN like they did to CS:GO.

Btw from now on I’ll buy Valve’s games but only on PC.

Skykid360 3 November, 2012 @ 3:42 pm   24

@ Fred

Hi, have quite an Urgent question.

If i buy NFS off the PS Store will i be getting the Limited Edition?

Just received my Copy from Tesco and it’s the wrong version…i’d rather send it back and buy off the PlayStation Store if i will be getting the Limited Edition.

Thanks.

So to recap this week: another set of fired developers leak critical sdk-info that will lead to the ps3 getting hacked. The psn-store is full of advertisement. So is the xmb. And Sony is still neglecting to actually improve the snappiness of the UI shell.

Finally, Sony seems to actually have decided to go with an x86 based hardware platform for the next console. Which falls perfectly in line with how Playstation has degenerated from being a platform with original and technologically interesting entertainment – and into being an excuse for advertising for the big 3rd party publishers.

So congrats, Sony, on becoming Microsoft – I’ll keep the psp and the ps3. But you can keep the rest, thanks.

You forgot your singstar icon on my XMB. Pls come and get it. Thanks!

Player42791 3 November, 2012 @ 5:06 pm   27

@PIREDERAS

I might be reading your question wrong, sorry if I am.

When using remote play with your router your vita and ps3 aren’t communicating over the internet. Although the router gives both access to the internet, when they are syncing nothing gets sent over the internet, your router is only sending info to and from the devices as if a cable was plugged from one to the other(private network),when you switch off your router they lose their connection to each other and remote play won’t work. Hopefully that all makes sense.

welshyschumi 3 November, 2012 @ 5:58 pm   28

hi guys can anybody tell me how long black ops server going to be off

left4bread3 3 November, 2012 @ 6:07 pm   29

@welshyschumi

when hurricane sandy decides to go away and die…

Bumblebee 3 November, 2012 @ 6:50 pm   30

For post number 11:

Vita & PS3 Remote Play works over your LOCAL NETWORK. This means IT USES YOUR ROUTER.

It doesn’t use the Internet (or “Wide Area Network”) just your Network, within your house or wherever (“Local Area Network”).

So you can disable Internet Access on your router if you’re being paranoid, but don’t expect it to work without the router being on. This is perfectly acceptable; it means PS3 doesn’t have to do a whole load of networking stuff (which would take extra processor power) and passes that off to the router.

So this isn’t Sony’s fault; it’s quite usual for networkable devices.

On another note:

PLEASE BEING BACK THE OLD STORE. The new one is an utter disgrace of awful design and makes browsing so much harder. Particularly new content.

Bumblebee 3 November, 2012 @ 6:55 pm   31

Also, as much as I’m frustrated with Sony’s ineptitude… I LOVE having the SingStar icon as a permanent addition to my XMB.

SingStar is the best party game, and not having to flap about for discs is a great thing. It’s a button press away… fantastic.

However, I do think that the friendless masses who never can have parties or who don’t like or understand music should be able to hide the button if they like – or at least, at LEAST be able to pop it into a folder in the XMB.

People, you’ve been given a free game, and it’s a GREAT, fun game… so long as you have friends to play it with. And I mean in real life. Microphones and PSEye help too.

I’m hoping that now it’s on the XMB the SingStar team might actually get some decent songs out for it at some point rather than the misguided pap that they’ve been shovelling the past couple of years (for example, Cliff Richard… SERIOUSLY?)

Well AC Liberations has finally done it. I have sold my vita. If games like AC Liberations are what we can look forward to in the future then I want no part in it. AC Liberation is awful. Don’t buy a vita, seriously. Lucky I got mine for £140 and sold it for £152!

dark_angel69 3 November, 2012 @ 7:46 pm   33

@MININ3V
You made yourself a profit. :P what was wrong with it?
1 thing i learnt was them portable consoles are never as good as they look. I’ve thought about getting one for Uncharted, Resistance and AC Liberations. Someone told me Uncharted was awful and now your saying AC Liberations is awful. No doubt resistance is awful too. Best thing to do now is let the vita die. Hardly anyone wants to make a game for it

Please, is this product: Assassin’s Creed – Mediterranean Traveler Maps Pack – Upgrade entitled to be part of the discounts for the Assassn’s Creed deals, isn’t it?
Why does it show the full price? Please, fix it as soon as possible.
I want to buy the dlcs for AC Revelations. This dlc is listed in your blog post, but it isn’t in the deal section.

dogwalker4000 3 November, 2012 @ 8:17 pm   35

Gotta say I agree with chrisandsheva, the store heads up and the store update time needs to change to make things less complicated when people have a problem. At the moment it seems that by the time the store has updated all the guys and girls that post here have gone home and we have no way of knowing if you guys even realise there is a problem, let alone if you’re fixing it. Even if you did the heads up in the afternoon and got the store to update the following morning, that way you lot have all of that day to respond to and solve issues that arise.

On another note, NFS: MW is awesome.

will gta vice city be on psn soon

will gta vice city be on psn soon

Bumblebee
free ??? singstar icoon = not free u need to buyevery song + when u buy them en ps3 broke u need t fone sony to get songs on other ps3.
no no no , give remake to xmb = make loose icoons
let us place + organize ore self the simbols we need !!!
we consummers are the kings not sony nore de game devlopers + publisher.
i not respect them =
them lounch online pass = i not ask , i not do piracy
them erase tings like other os – life = i not ask
them place icoon , 2 x shop- what is new – singstar = i not ask
we ask desent store ( 50/50)
we ask u tube ps3 = not done
we ask dual chok 3 ( done )
we ask ps2 compatibel = big disgrace = 000000000000 to sony
we ask price drop = lots of times sony say nod needed = we hardcore gamers do not like price them have problem like vita .
ps3 price drop = i understend them only gone drop when ps4 lounch
but why lounch when them can make +- 400/499€ ps4 abel to play also ps3 games if them not respect this + good memorie !!!!= game over already
biggest problem , why sony can not do what ms. can = english store
corect price + not 1 /2 jear leater whith content = biggest joke

Your comment is awaiting moderation
Your comment is awaiting moderation
Your comment is awaiting moderation
Your comment is awaiting moderation
Your comment is awaiting moderation
Your comment is awaiting moderation

ruinereraser 4 November, 2012 @ 12:01 am   40

“Rest assured normal service will resume next week!”

Stop mocking us please.

Scee have been train wreck since..well forever. I have my psn plus account in europe store what im really starting to regret. Lot of games like walking deads, trine 2, cs go, retro city rampage etc etc i have bought with my american account. It just takes too long to get them be playable here in europe. And discounts

They have in us are much better than in eu..btw this site is pain in a*
s to use with mobile phone

kieranmarsh 4 November, 2012 @ 3:12 am   43

“They have in us are much better than in eu..btw this site is pain in a*”

yeah, they aint got singstar icon have they!

E14-JAY-09 4 November, 2012 @ 5:07 am   44

When does Walking Dead episode 5 come out you bunch of WALKERS.

SpitelordDekka 4 November, 2012 @ 7:30 am   45

Here’s an idea for the next weekend debate:

When will Sony Europe actually start caring about their customers?

@Fred Dutton
You should give is an update on the entire singstar XMB icon horror…
Or are you too busy working on another version of the PS3 firmware, I mean spamware?

@Bumblebee / #32
It is completely wrong on HOW they put in on MY xmb.
It should not be there in the first place and if ever it should have been removable ánd movable.
And microphones and PSEye are NOT free…

Pyromobster 4 November, 2012 @ 11:47 am   47

@isoapina
Download the PlayStation app, its much better

I’m beginning to lose faith in Sony this year. Gaming is my hobby and pastime which I am passionate about. I’m old enough to know the best and worst of times from BBC Micro and ZX81 all the way to PS3 and Ivybridge.

1) CS:GO has now been overdue since 21 August and we have had zero information since then on why there is no release or when we can expect one. The fact that it is already released in every other territory on every other platform proves the game is ready, SCEE are just being belligerent in not releasing information. Some of us waited over a year for this game, it was the one PSN release I wanted.

2) Being forced into accepting an app is heartless, cynical advertising. No respect for customers who don’t ever want to buy the game no matter how much advertising is pushed at them

3) The new PSN store is an unusable mess, and an advertiser’s wet dream. I’m a PS Plus subscriber browsing a PS Plus area of the store. Why do you need to fill half the screen with an advert for PS Plus….which I’m already using AND browsing?

Thalia_01 4 November, 2012 @ 12:38 pm   49

As long as you keep ignoring your customers, I will keep ignoring all the stuff you have for sale.

Protip, sony: ignoring a problem does NOT make it go away! It didn’t work for the PSN outage and it won’t work for that forced singstar icon monstrocity!

I am SICK and TIRED of european gamers being treated like dirt! We’re always the last to get new content (if we get it at all), store translations other than English look like they were done by babelfish, dollarprices are ‘converted’ to other currencies simply by running a ‘find and replace’ command on the dollarsigns, and now us europeans are being used as labrats to see how gamers will react to FORCED advertisement on a system THEY PAYED FOR, right in the menu THAT IS USED THE MOST.

I checked with my American friends and none of them have the singstar icon forced on them! Why do you not want to offend them, but think its perfectly okay to pull this stunt on us? We payed more money than them, yet we get only a fraction of the service!

We are PROUD gamers and we will NOT be pushed around like this! I encourage everyone here to close their wallets or at least limit their purchases to used games instead. They will only go as far as we let them!

dogwalker4000 4 November, 2012 @ 2:04 pm   50

I have a better idea…why don’t you not spam and boycott the blog instead.

Hi when will Killzone HD be available on the EU store.

Can you ask Rockstar Games to hurry up with GTA V :P

ukcrazyguy 4 November, 2012 @ 2:49 pm   52

Why would I boycott the store and miss out on the good things that are available, I’m not gonna cut my nose off to spite my face.

Hey Fred, could you please verify what’s wrong with the Soul Calibur V DLC in the italian Playstation Store? All music packs from Soul Edge to Soul Calibur IV are vanished.

Oh, come on Sony, nobody will forget that SingStar advert monstrosity, it is first thing you see when you turn on your PS3. I think everyone tried to keep feedback under SingStar announcement but if you stay quiet for long time, people will start asking bellow every post made on this blog. Show some balls and give us some straight answer.

nakano1987 4 November, 2012 @ 4:42 pm   55

I was pleased to notice that Super Stardust HD’s Impact Mode dlc was added to my download list on 11.10 for free. I bought the Super Stardust HD during the 5th Anniversary sale (17.8.2012) when all dlc should have belonged to the bundle according to the Housemarque’s advertisement. If you had emailed me, I would have noticed sooner, but I am happy with the current solution! Thank you Sony!

supersmith2500 4 November, 2012 @ 4:47 pm   56

You know what’s really sad? The ONLY good thing about SCEE is just they give us PlayStation Plus members great games. We wanted All 4 One and they granted us All 4 One. The US’s IGC hasn’t been announced yet. While everything is just crap.

And yes Thalia_01 I have to seriously agree with you what you said. SCEE always treat us like garbage. We always get our games and DLC weeks late or get delayed due to poor QA and lack of staff at SCEE. And heck, In Motion DLC for Portal 2 is out Tuesday in the US so we might not get it this week then. I mean look at Jawad’s Store blogs, too many mistakes and it confuses the owner so if we got a new blog manager and a new Plus manager, I think we need a new Store manager because Jawad is late with Store update blogs now, fails to reply and ignore questions, makes minor mistakes and also provides false information. I’m sorry but we need a new Store manager. Sorry Jawad. :(

I must agree with Thalia_01! We are only laboratory rats in SCEE´s eyes. I agreee with Store boycotting at all, but some items are good…

I haved comment in PS Plus head-up, i´ve goted answer on first half of comment, but second half about SingStar Icon was ignored again!

Moto of boycotting
In the words of the late Owen Hart
“Enough is enough and its time for a change” !!!

RoronoaSouthe 4 November, 2012 @ 5:29 pm   58

@ dogwalker4000
If your happy with the way you get treated here, having to pay more and wait longer for content by all means carry on using the store. I’m not and many aren’t and until we see change you’ll be seeing the “truth” not “spam”

@ ukcrazyguy
In my opinion there is to much bad and not enough good. Feel free to carry on buying from the store if you like.

supersmith2500 4 November, 2012 @ 6:27 pm   59

Great, now the Store is down. DX

That’s it, I’m off of Steam. GOODBYE!!

supersmith2500 4 November, 2012 @ 6:29 pm   60

IS IT DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE FOR STUPID UNKNOWN REASON??? BECAUSE I’M REALLY STARTING TO GET REAL MAD!

How long you you playstation staff keep checking your blogs you start?

most blogs you start you only post for two days and then thats it

If you are not going to keep posting in your blog, lock the blog because then people knoe there won’t be anymore replies from you,

A lot of posts I do, you don’t even bother posting and the ones you do I have only ever had one reply.

You need to sort the store out because its saying games are free when they are not and some games I have bought like Inferno Pool, say i havn’t bought them in store yet i can still popst a rating for it.

I started a post in forum about not getting Singstar on girlfriends ps3 and you (ps staff) closed the post saying the problem has been sorted. (IT HASN’T) I have tried everything to get it on PS3 but its not working.

I don’t expect yyiu to post this post because most of my posts you don’t.

Reuben606 4 November, 2012 @ 6:52 pm   62

nice:-) :-) :-) :-)

RoronoaSouthe 4 November, 2012 @ 6:53 pm   63

@Supersmith2500
It doesn’t matter if the store is down. You posted about boycotting shouldn’t be going on it anyway haha

My friend has just went on his ps3 for the first time in a couple months did some updates and first thing he says to me is moaning about the Singstar app.

Hopefully more people want change and will continue to copy/paste on not just these blog articles but all of them.

dogwalker4000 4 November, 2012 @ 6:55 pm   64

@RoronoaSouthe

It’s spam, whether you dress it up or not. I’m very content as a PS3 owner, I’m not happy with everything going on at SCEE but I don’t see how getting people to spam the blog is gonna help anyone.

If you guys are really that upset and that disillusioned with Sony then sell up and go to Microsoft or Nintendo, that would be the best way to make an impact. If there’s enough people who are unhappy the Sony would sure know about it then. As a bonus we’d all be happy, you’d have nothing more to spam about and I can live my life in ignorant bliss.

when is counter strike global offenceive coming to the psn waiting a long time now get the finger out sony

Reuben606 4 November, 2012 @ 6:57 pm   66

the only thing that puzzels me is why did thay move tha tropheys

The trophies are annoying now, if you checked them, you could, where as now it has to sync with server everytime, whcih makes it a nightmare if you just want to check a trophy you want to go for next.

I got Singstar app on my PS3 and girlfriend never after update and have tried everything to get it on her PS3 but nothing works, I dont a post in forum but after two days ps staff locked post and said the problem was sorted when it wasn’t.

RoronoaSouthe 4 November, 2012 @ 7:04 pm   68

@Dogwalker4000

It’s not spam, Its a fair comment. I am unhappy with the product and im showing it by commenting. Maybe nothing will happen, but i would rather do this then sit back and allow Sony to carry on treating me and other users as mugs.

And we shouldn’t need to sell up and move on, As there consumers we have the right to question and complain to them and thats exactly what we’re doing.

I’m sorry you don’t agree and wish to carry on being treated as second class compared to the Americans. May i suggest if your not happy with the “spam” as you call it don’t visit these comment pages and carry on with your “ignorant bliss”

@dogwalker4000

I thing you missunderstood us. We like PS3, but we are not we lax what was happening to PS3 now.

They are interested in what they want to sell more, so it give to the XMB. As SingStar. It did not work? Come to sweep it under the rug … But this does not solve things!

dogwalker4000 4 November, 2012 @ 7:25 pm   70

“Enough is enough and it’s time for a change”

If indeed it is time then why is changing console completely out of the question?

If you’re boycotting the store then you should boycott buying any PS3 product period, but I know you won’t do that so your endeavour is only half effective.

Multiple posts of the same thing is spam, whether posted by different users or not and the mere suggestion of posting it in other blog topics only cements the fact for me. Why should I ignore the comments section? I have us much right to be here as you, the difference is I have the courtesy not to spam.

I admire the passion, that I can’t doubt but your methods are some what questionable.

supersmith2500 4 November, 2012 @ 7:44 pm   71

I mean if only SCEE did not done those stupid things I would not get angry all the time. Seriously if SCEE keeps treating me like that I’m shifting to Steam.

RoronoaSouthe 4 November, 2012 @ 7:47 pm   72

@Dogwalker4000

Changing consoles is out of the question because we shouldn’t need to. Also this is aimed towards the blog and shop not the console/company itself. If i left Sony i would have to give up Naughtydog and i don’t want to do that.

I see what you mean and i would agree if the problem was Sony as a whole but its the store and blog, so by boycotting the store then we are being effective. Whether people decide to agree with me and join me is yet to be seen.

I merely just posted a comment and asked people to copy it if they agree. I would agree if i was posting it myself constantly but i have only posted it twice in 2 diffrent comment sections.

I am not doing this to be a troll, i’m not using any bad language and am merely only asking people to copy and paste if they agree.

“Enough is enough and it’s time for a change”

RoronoaSouthe 4 November, 2012 @ 7:53 pm   73

@ supersmith2500

I agree. I have seen plenty of comments on suggestions on how to help run the blog and they get ignored even tho they are valid and good points. I made one the other week and was ignored despite asking a store related question aswell.

I would love to find out how one applys for a job on here. Sure the pay would be better than my current job.

“Enough is enough and it’s time for a change”

Player42791 4 November, 2012 @ 8:04 pm   74

@ZACHSP8

If you press triangle on the trophy icon you can set them to offline mode. That way they’ll act just as they did before the update.

Player42791 4 November, 2012 @ 8:46 pm   75

@RoronoaSouthe

I get that some of the complaints are justifiable but some of the stuff your complaining about could be entirely out of Sony’s control.

-Promoting content, then on release saying it’s delayed.
What if the delay is a legal/rating issue? Would you rather not be told if somethings coming out?
-Releasing Content, then announce a discount a week later.
While discounts are secured by SCEE how and when they are applied is up to the publisher.
-95% of the PS2 games are garbage.
That’s down to publishers as well. Sony can’t release anything they don’t have the rights to.
-Charging ridiculous amounts for digital games.
This is again down to publishers according to the blog staff so it’s out of sony’s hands
-Charging more than the US Store, Content should be equally priced.
I see the point but at the same time what if sony’s operating costs for the EU store are higher? Should they still charge the same ammount?

I’m not saying this is the case but can you prove otherwise? I get that you’re unhappy but aren’t all of the complaints based on the assumption that there is absolutely no room for other things going on apart from “sony is a greedy corporation milking us loyal europeans”?

RoronoaSouthe 4 November, 2012 @ 9:12 pm   76

@Player42791

- When they know its going to be delayed they should let us know asap, not when people start questioning on the comments. And if they are honest and tell us thats its a legal/rating issue people may be a bit more understanding.

- They released the WWE 13 DLC a week before the game came out. Now a 50% discount is a pretty big discount and its for plus members so they must have had this planned. I’m sure they don’t just decide these things the day before store update it will be planned out a few weeks in advance. We SHOULD have been given notice there would have been a discount.

- Sony took away the ability to play PS2 games for the sole purpose of making money of collections and selling games on the store. They should be doing more to get better releases on the store like GTA 3 and Max Payne.

Player42791 4 November, 2012 @ 9:28 pm   77

@RoronoaSouthe

Delays-Fair point, it may be that the blog team doesn’t find out about the delay until the moment of truth, but I agree if somebody in the company knows the blog team and by extension we should be given notice.

Discounts-This might have been part of the agreement with the publisher. I would hope not but it is something you can’t instantly lay at sony’s feet without knowing for certain.

PS2 games-There’s no point getting into the “So you bought a PS3 to play PS2 games?” debate. Admittedly I wouldn’t mind backwards compatability but I can’t think of any PS2 games I missed out on. There’s only so much sony can do in this respect though. If they removed backwards compatability solely as a way to make more money it’s not just in their favour but also in the favour of publishers so why aren’t they taking advantage of it? What can we really expect sony to do about it anyway apart from putting more first party titles up?

KaiserSoza13 4 November, 2012 @ 9:57 pm   78

Any idea if Sumioni will ever be released in Europe?

RoronoaSouthe 4 November, 2012 @ 10:06 pm   79

- Well Sony should then take it in there hands. If publishers won’t abide by the rules then they don’t get to sell there content digitaly. They will still release a boxed version and it will be cheaper. Any other source of digital media has better pricing than this Books, Magazines, Papers, Music, Movies, App Store. If they want digital to take off they need to compete with there own boxed versions.

- Yes. Its not just Sony its everyone (Apple, Nintendo to name a couple) We get charged more for the exact same product and its purely because they know people want it so they buy it. Its not on and i won’t stand for it any more. This is why a merged store needs to happen so we can get equal pricing and same day releases.

Sony just need to sort there pricing out and tell publishers its there way or they don’t get to sell on there store simple. Nintendo are worse tho, Taking a game from japan, splitting it in 2 and charging us full price for both halfs. This sort of thing is not on.

RoronoaSouthe 4 November, 2012 @ 10:09 pm   80

Sorry obviously didn’t click submit hard enough haha.

My bad

RoronoaSouthe 4 November, 2012 @ 10:24 pm   81

@ Player42791

- I would assume they are better organised than that. And they should mention it on the blog post im sure they just leave out and then its only when people are like “wheres Xxx ???”

- As its a plus discount im going under the asumption they knew about the discount the day the DLC came onto the store. Then took them a week to announce the Discount, Then delay it a week due to contract with THQ. Meaning they obviously had talks and knew.

- True the only game im really wanting is Ape Escape. And thats a SONY game there should be no problem sticking that on the store for me then.

“Enough is enough and its time for a change”

To the person who hasn’t got the singstar icon, go to settings and RESTORE SETTINGS is the fix that singstar Twitter feed gives. SCEE don’t set prices on store THE PUBLISHER does ( blame EA) and finally if you’re impatient enough to buy dlc for a game that hasn’t been released you have no one to blame but yourself

RoronoaSouthe 4 November, 2012 @ 10:52 pm   83

@ oggy78

- Thats why SCEE should decide the prices and not the publisher. If Sony did this and the publisher said no and didn’t release digital we would still get a box release and cheaper.

- ? The DLC was released, Last year there was no discounts so early on and the blog didn’t state anything about a + Discount so it wasn’t on my mind. I bought the DLC as it was officialy released. Has nothing to do with being patient or impatient. They released content knowing they would be a discount available in the coming week for plus users and didn’t say anything.

So your point is invalid.

Player42791 4 November, 2012 @ 10:57 pm   84

@RoronoaSouthe

Although they knew about the discount since it had to be discussed part of THQ’s terms may have been “don’t announce the discount until this date”

-A merged store
As much as a merged store with exactly equal pricing would stop a lot of complaints it might not be all that feasible from a business point of view. Not from the point of sony thinking “a separate store for Europe means we can charge them more” but because the psn is apparently more costly to run(in Britain at least). We assume that the cost to sony in provide the playstation store to us is the exact same as in the US but it’s apparently not.

“The truth is our infrastructure is weak, and doing business over it is more costly.”
That’s quoted from here http://www.computerandvideogames.com/326203/features/pound57-for-a-ps3-game-why-psns-pricing-structure-is-broken/

-Ape Escape
I think I’ve still got Ape Escape on disc somewhere. Tempted to dig it out now>< The sad truth is it could be that there's a single song in it that sony doesn't have the rights to anymore and so can't re-publish it.

RoronoaSouthe 4 November, 2012 @ 11:08 pm   85

@ Player42791

- I still think a merged store would work but like you say i won’t know about these things. Interesting read btw

- I wouldnt think so but if thats the case they could easily replace the track. the series has sold 50million + so i would have thought the games would have been on the store by now

Hey Fred, good to see that you’re not ill or fired.

@ oggy78. Hi bud. I do blame EA but Sony run the store, providing a platform for digital sales and should negotiate with publishers more aggressively, providing evidence of sales spikes at different price points. Why can’t Sony bulk ‘buy’ and drop the rrp in the same way as online retailers? I always thought publisher’s hated the 2nd hand market, why are Sony not promoting this? With vita dd, it’s a little like finding out that an email should cost more than a letter and a stamp.

Peace bud.

Ps, @Fred. Assuming he’s not ill or been fired, as manager, is it not about time you had a little word with Jawad? Or would you like to clarify his actual role, so we all know where we stand? He doesn’t even go to the length of proof-reading his entries before vanishing.

not sure where I read it but regarding the prices, it may be due to the fact you can share a purchase on 2 consoles. if you have a relative or good friend you can trust that has a PS3 you could share an id and go halves on games

DAVIE222-PSVita 5 November, 2012 @ 9:01 am   88

DAVIE222-PSVita 5 November, 2012 @ 9:03 am   89

Fred non of this is youqt fault but i (just like many others) are sick of the redicoulous store prices.

Skookie30 5 November, 2012 @ 9:27 am   90

* in the words of black adder….

explaining is like a Broken pencil…..Pointless

Right, folks you really need to start email spamming them, as no one reads past the first page of the forums o_O. Cant help to spam Singstar aswell (ask for peripherals from Ninas sallery, she did say you could “try it free” = need something to sing into = “free”)
On a somewhat unrelated but “sony, why does this still suck ;_;” note, is the crappy browser even WORSE on everyones end or just mine? for some reason it usually only loads 5 windows with the 6 being “loaded” but white and unusable”, today its only 2 o_o, the inconsistant “homepage” wont even load the apparent competition? thats just..wow.

@ player42791

So Fred, things are arguably in a worse state than when you became blog manager. Mistakes and pricing errors are at an all time high. When are these changes coming then.

RoronoaSouthe 5 November, 2012 @ 11:59 am   94

No need for emails yet, and it doesn’t matter if they don’t read the comments, people do and will see this and hopefully will copy and paste themselfs

I hope to see everyone paste on wednesdays store update.

“Enough is enough and its time for a change”

I must somewhat agree that the blog hasn’t been handled that well recently. Specifically since the survey had been done, previous to that I was very satisfied.

Now we get regular delayed head ups and updates, with Jawad almost always leaving his desk asap with no interest whether there went something wrong or not.
Hey, I wouldn’t want to sit out each s…storm either, true. But simply don’t offer your customers so many reasons to complain. And if mistakes happen, offer an explaining update asap. That is the minimum.

Fred went almost completely silent too. Combine that with the far more frequent comments “in moderation” and you can’t be too surprised about the negativity.

Seriously, whose stupid idea are those new words on the black list? From all my comments “in moderation” in the recent weeks, they never changed anything at all when the moderators finally unlocked them. So what for do you put odd words on your black list in the first place? Complete nonsense, as if we’d need more of that here.

Downloaded games don’t count to chart position and EA and Activision love seeing their game at the top of the charts, could explain their price in store (they don’t want you downloading) #conspiracy

Thalia_01 5 November, 2012 @ 1:08 pm   97

That’s it, Sony, just ignore your customers and their frustration will fizzle out.

Snowball effect? Festering? Fuelling eachother? Internet wildfire?

Nah… I’m sure those are just myths.

Blog staff ignoring important or useful questions.
May be they just can’t answer them because of upper management.

– Replying to the same questions, sometimes on the same page.
If you look through the pages of comments you will often see a reply to one comment and 3 posts down the same comment by a different person. He answers the first and not the second and the second person will complain that his post was never answered and be here the following weekend complaining.

– Inability to provide us with information (TWD, CS:GO)
Contact Valve it is their problem.

– Promoting content, then on release saying its delayed.
If its a last minute problem I can forgive that but if they know for days it is not coming they should say something.

– Promoting deals that don’t work and don’t fix (Dead Island).
I agree with this they should remove it from the store and fix it and put it back up with the discount price for the same amount of days it was missing.

– Releasing Content, then announce a discount a week later (WWE13).
Their is no excuse for that.

– 95% of the PS2 games are garbage, release good games.
It is the publishers who submit them. Complain to the publishers not sony.
– Charging ridiculous amounts for digital games.
Sony doesn’t set a price they can recommend but can’t set a price.

– Charging more than the US Store, Content should be equally priced.
Add about 6% to the US price as they don’t include taxes and they usually work out about the same. Also we have to work less hours to afford a game compared to the US.

– Forced to have a Singstar icon on the XMB.
It is odd they did that and I would be happy to hide it but it is not vital.

Catkiller1 5 November, 2012 @ 2:15 pm   100

I hope the Toe Jam & Earl games are released on Wednesday!

Catkiller1 5 November, 2012 @ 4:35 pm   101

If anyone is interested Midway Arcade Origins is only £13.85 @ shopto.net! Releases on the 16th November & that price is fantastic :)

supersmith2500 5 November, 2012 @ 4:43 pm   102

@Catkiller1:
Is it only at Retail?

Player42791 5 November, 2012 @ 4:57 pm   103

@spammers

Isn’t the spam a bit counter-productive since one of your demands is more replies but by spamming your making it more difficult to find anything worthwhile to reply to?

Catkiller1 5 November, 2012 @ 5:06 pm   104

@ supersmith2500

As far as i’m aware it is! ;)

Skookie30 5 November, 2012 @ 5:06 pm   105

To the mods you not silence me see you in court.

ukcrazyguy 5 November, 2012 @ 5:10 pm   106

Kieranmarsh, 4 times you have spammed the rubbish. Give it a rest, same for you roronoasouthe, an handful of people posting it several times doesn’t help. It’s people like you that are ruining the blog for people who come here wanting information, no wonder the blog staff hardly ever reply anymore when moaning, immature kids like you bombard them with pathetic questions each time the blog replies to a legit question. If you don’t like how the company’s run you have several options, please consider them

ukcrazyguy 5 November, 2012 @ 5:19 pm   107

Skookie30 hahahahaha yeah ok

kieranmarsh 5 November, 2012 @ 5:34 pm   108

@ukcrazyguy

youre crazy man,

well… with a name like that you must be!! how can i take a self confessed crazy guy from the UK seriously?

im spammed with singstar everytime i turn the ps3 on so errm

kieranmarsh 5 November, 2012 @ 5:37 pm   109

and what makes you so self righteous?? are you better than everyone else? or do you just feel you are?

kieranmarsh 5 November, 2012 @ 5:40 pm   110

if you can keep count thats 5 now,

if youre not paying £40 a year to sony for + membership then, why do you have an opinion? I do so i want them to listen to my grievances…

come back when theres a + sign next to your avatar.

Player42791 5 November, 2012 @ 5:52 pm   111

@keiranmarsh

What difference does somebody not being a plus member make in regards to your spamming of the blog. Are you saying that by paying £40 annually you have more right to have an opinion about something that your annual payment doesn’t cover?
You have a right to be annoyed but can you say for a certanty that all of these things are Sony’s fault? One or two probably but the majority of that list isn’t necessarily down to Sony. Never mind the fact that the website you’re spamming(contrary to popular belief) isn’t a customer service website.

ukcrazyguy 5 November, 2012 @ 5:55 pm   112

I used to pay for plus, but since I own most ps3 games avail I don’t feel as though it was worth my money. Paying for plus doesn’t make you more entitled than me or anyone else. Spammed with singstar icon erm noo, does the extra press of down on the control pad to go past it confuse you awwwwww bless

chrisandsheva 5 November, 2012 @ 6:14 pm   113

Erm.. Wheres Fred ?.
I left a comment on sat that i woulda liked his opinion/feedback about, as i’m sure have many others, can see theres a newer blog but haven’t read it yet, but if theres no replies here.. and what’s with some ppl here, enough is enough, i mean Everyone knows it.. but those. arghhh lost for words little moranic toe the line nonsense posting arghh’s Allways either, try and pull ‘make-believe’ reasons, defenses or excuses outa ‘Parts’ or even minority internet magazine articles, then ‘mould it into a ‘reasonable’ argument.. or just Have to ‘take on’ a Majority’ opinion.. like they’d really be like that if it wasn’t from the safety and comfort of their armchairs or workdesks.. people Are angry, and it’s Not before time.. No half baked excuses are going to make it go away.

Witcher70 5 November, 2012 @ 6:24 pm   114

130 comments ZERO replies tut! tut! tut!

chrisandsheva 5 November, 2012 @ 6:28 pm   115

The guy Never said That, i read.. ‘since i am also a plus subscriber, etc, .. i feel i SHOULD be entitled (lol on YOU) to an opinion’… Entitled. just knew i would be readin That word again.. now to me, entitled ‘sounds’ like the type of word spoilt, rich, little horrors would (re-) invent, to maybe make themselves feel better about being brought up.. say in a more privileged background.. But maybe thats just how i see it, little spoilt b……. tryin to change our grammar As well.

chrisandsheva 5 November, 2012 @ 6:40 pm   116

@ skookie30..
do me a fav m8, if you can take a screenshot of, is it a (again) modded post, pm it to me, am not signed in yet but would like to check it out l8r.. well, hopefully l8r. IF i can get home..thnx..

chrisandsheva 5 November, 2012 @ 6:42 pm   117

at ‘he whose name is on the banned list, Seriously..

pm me a copy of ur opinions, that are awaitin moderation.. thnx.

ukcrazyguy 5 November, 2012 @ 6:55 pm   118

Chrisandsheva, not sure if you was having a pop at me or not lol

Skookie30 5 November, 2012 @ 6:56 pm   119

Oh that’s very noble of you mods you decided to let my post be shown but deleted 2 others & left the others post remind.

I’m honour Fred but do you get your kicks buy deleting ppl posts?

Lance_87 5 November, 2012 @ 7:02 pm   120

I’ve had enough of this spam and all that crap about dead wrestlers.

chrisandsheva 5 November, 2012 @ 7:03 pm   121

ukcrazyguy, well i am disagreeing with your opinion, but ‘having a pop at you’, not specifically..

at he who can’t be named.. calling number 30….. meant to add i am not signed in/home yet But if you can send us that, will hopefully read it l8r..

Skookie30 5 November, 2012 @ 7:09 pm   122

What so hahaha about my post if you know what their did to my other posts you would understand my feelings but since the post are deleted I shall tell, you see the copy paste on here those are not deleted only mine was deleted.

The reason Fred not talking today or the weekend shows competent against us.

Some ppl are really happy treating like cramp by SCEE.

On a good note though SCEA Morgan has posted that the plus vita infor very soon he also hinted the plus family next week so the plus on vita will be next week.

That 1 thing Sony good at releasing great features done right.

Skookie30 5 November, 2012 @ 7:15 pm   123

Okay chrisandsheva will do as I always most times screenshot my posts I suggest ppl do the same make a track record how many your posts awaiting moderation.

If it’s on every post good or bad you are blacklisted.

Skookie30 5 November, 2012 @ 7:27 pm   124

I’m on my ipad2 ATM so I do it later I’m getting sonic jump for 69p from the IOS the thing about apple is crazy cheap prices by Devs so Sony you say you don’t set the prices.

If Devs have a say we could end up with the same prices like the App Store had I got GTA3 for 69p it was the 10th anniversary a remake for the IOS. I’m hoping Sony get the square enix the world ends with you solo remix that be great on a vita. :)

chrisandsheva 5 November, 2012 @ 7:29 pm   125

thnx m8.
i could ‘maybe’ give reasonable thought to why some posts get modded/deleted..But this is 3or4 times now that I have had ‘awaiting’, Just because i start a post with your psn-id, now that is Total, well, won’t make it easy for em.. just really unbelievable though, imo of course.

ukcrazyguy 5 November, 2012 @ 7:31 pm   126

Not sure which part you disagree with. He basically said I don’t pay for plus so can’t have an opinion and since he does he can. Why does having plus mean he has more rights over people who don’t? The grievances he has are not related to his plus membership so what does it have to do with the issue. The list they are spamming is just pointless, I agree with one point, but I’m not going to jump on the bandwagon and start posting lists of problems all over the blogs.

ukcrazyguy 5 November, 2012 @ 7:33 pm   127

Can I add something to the list actually

Davie222 from posting rap videos on YouTube

Skookie30 5 November, 2012 @ 7:47 pm   128

It quite clear they clearly single me out by deleting my post & leaves others posts alone.

I do notice & I do took note of when a post by someone was modded.

By notice the numbers that the reason ppl shout out to the wrong number.

kieranmarsh 5 November, 2012 @ 7:52 pm   129

if you want to add to the list, copy and paqste :)

chrisandsheva 5 November, 2012 @ 7:53 pm   130

well (ukcrazyguy). it’s been Very difficult to Not see your opinions, berating other ppls opinions.. i mean out of all the unrest last few weeks you find time to put down genuine complaints, usually by quoting a childish one. meaning, as far as your concerned Everone must be childish.. i notice you like to put these opinions in just the right place too.. again i was just reading the sing-gate saga.. ie ‘if kids were banned from internet, these blogs would be empty’.. so i guess maybe i should ask are you havin a pop at me, as well as you asking me… whatever though.. IF you’d care to click back to a few posts below that (last) singstar post, you’ll see a well written post that says it all.. if you can dismiss that as well, then fair enough.. also.. i’m Not bothered by icon.. just like reading the good, and bad comments..

Entitled.. some idiot tried to label me with it, guess i kinda see red when i see that word.

ukcrazyguy 5 November, 2012 @ 8:07 pm   131

Chrisandsheva, no offence but most of your posts consist of pointless rambling. I directed nothing at you yet you also feel the need to comment and get involved. I see the odd genuine complaint but the rubbish I have seen posted on here over the last few weeks, constantly, does not deserve a reply from the blog, hence why they haven’t replied, which results in genuine question going unanswered. I read childish comments so I’m going to reply in a childish way, cheers me up from the sadness caused by a degrading blog.

chrisandsheva 5 November, 2012 @ 8:12 pm   132

either say it properly or i Will just ignore it… no offence..lol.

chrisandsheva 5 November, 2012 @ 8:34 pm   133

Finally.. That time’s come.. so can catch up with ppl watchin fireworks and bonfires.. If i need to reply to anythin it’ll prob be early-hours. guess i am gonna be limited to sparklers only this year.. ye know with ‘most’ of us being childish,.. funny how easily some ppl forget they’ve insulted you, First.. Stay safe ppl..

Player42791 5 November, 2012 @ 8:49 pm   134

@chrisandsheva

It’s no.130 i’m on about here.
I get the feeling a lot of that rant was directed at me since I quoted a ‘minority internet magazine’. I personally don’t get where all this is coming from. I mean I get that things have been delayed etc but why is it instantly SCEE’s fault?
I can find plenty that casts doubt on it all being SCEE’s fault but nobody can provide proof that they are in fact entirely to blame. I’m not saying I can prove they aren’t at fault but with the stuff casting doubt I’m confused as to why it’s all gotten so extreme. Best way to find out? Question, challenge those who are so certain. I’m not doing it to ‘take on’ popular opinion for the sake of it. (That’s another thing I’ve never really understood).
The bit I really take issue with though is the ‘safety of armchair or workdesk’. I really am the type of person who questions everything.

ukcrazyguy 5 November, 2012 @ 9:09 pm   135

Say what properly? Utter tripe again. Look let’s just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

chrisandsheva 6 November, 2012 @ 2:53 am   136

@ player42791
No, wasn’t aimed at you, i have read what you write and visited some of the links you’ve left, and found some interesting, factual info out, plus i have exchanged msg’s here with you on a few occasions, your actually one of the (very) few ppl who has or will try to answer mine/others queries, am sorry that you got impression i was havin a go at you, i didn’t know that You use minority network articles either, but am sure you Don’t choose to leave yourself open by relying ‘solely’ on those alone, unlike the people i Was on about..also the ‘safety of armchair or workdesk’, as i said and we all know, a Lot of angry people are getting told that basically, they shouldn’t be (angry). But would the people telling them so do it in person, i mean there seems to be quite a few disgruntled ppl this time.i certainly Wouldn’t fancy my chances versus those numbers. Again though, i wasn’t thinking you when posting that, guess i logged on at wrong time.

chrisandsheva 6 November, 2012 @ 3:00 am   137

@ ukcrazyguy
tripe ??. well have you ever tried tripe ?. some people actually like it, true that it’s Not as popular as other foods, like Nuts maybe.
‘say what properly’, really.. either tell /insult me ‘properly’ or go away.. i mean No Offence wt?, do you mean then ?.. Clarify.

Readdy_B 6 November, 2012 @ 8:21 am   138

V US maj všechno dřív, maj toho víc, o 30% levněji a nás v EU bude sony vodírat! koukejte se chytit za nos a začněte něco dělat, kua.

ukcrazyguy 6 November, 2012 @ 8:49 am   139

haha complete rubbish again

Player42791 6 November, 2012 @ 9:47 am   140

@chrisandsheva

While I get that people are angry I’m still wondering how much it can/should be pinned on SCEE/blog staff. In my opinion none of it should be aimed at the blog staff especially since everybody spamming aren’t necessarilly after the same thing.Looking at the more info demand in particular, I’ve read comments wanting a simple acknowledgement that something has gone wrong while others demand more than acknowledement. What should the blog staff do? Give the acknowledgement and get moaned at by those that think it’s not enough or say nothing at all when there’s nothing new to say? Never mind the fact that nobody’s came up with a good argument for why the majority of that list is sony’s fault or how they can fix it apart from “they should”. Even the xbox argument isn’t flawless. I won’t go into it here I’ll run out of charcaters. If the really have a problem they should be emailing customer support or get in touch with their respective consumer organizations.

Catkiller1 6 November, 2012 @ 11:18 am   141

WOW….Just WOW!

chrisandsheva, you really need to get off that ‘high horse’ of yours!

Aren’t we supposed to enjoy gaming & have similar interests instead of insulting each other. The majority of us used to get along & have a laugh & now it’s crumbled into whining & moaning at each other.

I will hold back on what I want to say, as i’m better than that & so are some of you!

Also just to add people is it really necessary to spam the blog?? It won’t get you anywhere. Yes we are all annoyed within certain areas of communication & the SONY brand in general. I was annoyed last week when they changed the price on certain advertised SALE prices but to keep trolling/spamming this site is highly annoying.

As for the Singstar ICON, there are some horrible things going on in the world at the moment & you all act like spoilt children over a silly little Icon, that you can simply bypass! GROW UP!

Just noticed the EU PS twitter feed bat away a query regarding us content pricing anomaly. Something vague about US sales tax.

I understand this varies from State to State but rarely exceeds 10%. I may be wrong however.

Could any of our American friends who visit this blog confirm/deny this.

Happy to be corrected, just doing a bit of research (and some basic maths)

thanks in advance, although hopefully you’re all too busy partaking in democracy today.

(+ apologies to all the posters who are sick of pricing queries – sorry!)

chrisandsheva 6 November, 2012 @ 11:59 am   143

WoW.?
ok Neil, Whatever.
You give good advice, but seem to believe Your above it. i mean a icon to ‘some’, others would see as a harmless poster with a learning difficulty, ie most would bypass it/them, But you, No, how many Pages of posts have you written regards such in MY/Other peoples opinion ‘trivial’ stuff, ?.. you know with all the ugly stuff goin on in world and that, as you rightly say… How’s about You climbing down from Your High horse ?. Again though, certain ppl here believe their above their own rules/advice, they Love to (try) and make others abide by..
Like you, i won’t say to much here either. i mean i wouldn’t want you starting any 25 pages of profiles on Me as well, but prob to l8.. get out much ?.
As you said other week, Read All i Need to.

Catkiller1 6 November, 2012 @ 11:59 am   144

More importantly than all the rubbish over the last week, can any member of staff look into the availability of a Poppy Avatar?

This was requested last year & we were told that you might secure it for this year. Obviously all the proceeds would go to the Royal British Legion. I hold them very dear to me, as they helped in my crysis when I was left disabled.

Please could a staff member look into this?

Kind Regards

Player42791 6 November, 2012 @ 12:01 pm   145

@sem1471

It’s not a simple price conversion although the sales tax in most states is less than VAT the cost to sony is apparently higher here as well. From what I’ve read most states don’t add sales tax to online purchases but in europe it’s still subject to VAT so after plugging the $ price into XE.com you still need to add 20%. There’s still a difference but if it is true that digital distribution costs more here than in the US then that could explain it. There’s still a massive difference in the euro/dollar price though but that’s not a sony specific issue so there’s got to be something to explain that. It’s either that or every big company hates europe.

RoronoaSouthe 6 November, 2012 @ 12:03 pm   146

@Catkiller

As there is no like system for comments, i thought if i made a message that could people could copy paste it would have shown there was a problem and hopefully someone would have commented. Even if it was just them saying email complaint to here, Lack of any acknowledgement has made me a bit angry. I do agree that certain people who post it repeatedly on the same post is a bit annoying. My intentions were hopefully if people copy and pasted it a blog staff would have replied in any sort of way. I emailed a complaint in on the 1st, i had an email saying i would have a reply within 24 hours and its now the 6th. I Personally won’t post my message again but it wont stop me complaining. I’m not a troll and just wanted to get staff attention as i had been ignored for 3 weeks while people with stupid questions get answered repeatedly.

At the end of the day. Yes there are things they can’t talk about, But alot of the questions they can easily answer if they put the time and effort in. If there not prepared to do this they need to remove the comment section or stop replying to comments.

Catkiller1 6 November, 2012 @ 12:11 pm   147

@ chrisandsheva

Neil??

I don’t believe i’m above anyone & as for the profile, ask Skookie as originally he was going to sue Richy & asked me to look into it. Obviously we had to do some investigation into the nature of his character & the cyber-bullying that occured. Skookie decided to be the better person & simply ignore it. What I have read & witnessed, is quite frankly disturbing.

Read your post again as you should acknowledge ‘certain ppl here believe their above their own rules/advice, they Love to (try) and make others abide by..’ the same applies to yourself.

As for getting out much…nice one! Your constantly rambling on this blog & I post now & again.

All I said to yourself was ‘get off your high horse’ & you ramble on. Okay he has learning difficulties but that shouldn’t be an excuse every single time. If you think it’s okay to post the things that he has just because he has learning difficulties & we should have sympathy then you’re not living in the real world. Yes he’s passionate about gaming & that comes across in his posts but their is no need to use insults. You obviously haven’t had anything sent to you or said to you by him in the past then?

Whatever!

chrisandsheva 6 November, 2012 @ 12:14 pm   148

@ Player42791.
Agree with bit of your post, haven’t got much time atm to say too much, but regards scee staff.. most definately, noone has right to get personal with them regards stuff going on here. unless of course they are replying in kind, but i haven’t seen any blog staff post insults to us, and am sure if any had, all would know.. so that point i can 100% agree with.

Catkiller1 6 November, 2012 @ 12:17 pm   149

@ RoronoaSouthe

I understand but you must have known that it would spiral out of control?

I have frustrations too but with situations like Counterstrike it’s actually not down to SCEE this time. You may want to check the Forums!

The price discrepancies & misinformation is what really annoys me but i’m not going to paste a lengthy rant within every post, like what has happened lately.

You have a valid argument & I understand but it got out of hand.

chrisandsheva 6 November, 2012 @ 12:23 pm   150

@ Catkiller1.
yes, actually i have experienced abuse off people with learning difficulties, and please make your mind up, one min Sk30 is beyond your reprehension, next he is not.. all i know is that i have other ppl who ‘explained’ a lot to me, regards a certain newspaper article you showed me, and like you i found out the truth, all i hope is you repeat your offhandedness regards learning difficulties to the right, or Wrong person.

RoronoaSouthe 6 November, 2012 @ 12:24 pm   151

@Catkiller

Honestly i expected the backlash for people posting it i didnt count on people repeatedly spamming it on the same comments and you probably can see by my comments i tried to answery any negative feedback i was given without using bad language or being a troll.

I don’t even care about CS:GO its just the way its been dealt with. If it truly isn’t there fault they should just say “Its not us its Valve” But like the whole Walking Dead fiasco Both companies pass the buck.

It may have got out of hand but what if it had been worse. The staff still didn’t post at all.

DAVIE222-PSVita 6 November, 2012 @ 12:27 pm   152

0 replies…

Catkiller1 6 November, 2012 @ 12:35 pm   153

@ chrisandsheva

I have stated things about Skookie last year yes, when we had the awful abusive replies etc back in November through to December but that was a very long time ago!

Also offhandedness with regards to learning difficulties?? Nothing offhandedness just the honest truth. I’m not going to walk over eggshells because someone has a learning difficulty. I have had friends & family with learning difficulties & my Nephew has severe ADHD so I understand. The only problem is a site like this that can leave them open to many problems. To give someone like that the freedom to post what they want without monitoring it, is dangerous! I was led to believe that it was indeed his father that posted back in December, stating that he would monitor him & that he was appalled by what he read within Facebook. The next day it was exactly the same. I will give Richy his due though, as he has improved & the insults are minimal. The threat towards my family & the things I was told, really peed me off.

ukcrazyguy 6 November, 2012 @ 12:37 pm   154

come on guys, frustrations are obviously high and we shouldnt all be bickering.

chrisandsheeva, i never said anything directly at you, if you took offence to a comment i made about people in general then i do apoligise, it was never meant that way. But you must admit you do ramble in your posts :) joke

Catkiller1 6 November, 2012 @ 12:39 pm   155

@ chrisandsheva

Also just to add, if were sat in a cafe somewhere having a chat & a coffee etc then you would see where i’m coming from. I mean no offense to you & i’m sorry if I have offended you in anyway but this is a subject that I can’t ignore.

Sorry for the rants but it needed to be said, probably not in the right way but it’s done. Back to on-topic posts then? Lol!

Catkiller1 6 November, 2012 @ 12:43 pm   156

@ chrisandsheva

I just read one of your posts again & now I see why you may have defended CoolRichy, as you see him as a harmless poster. This hasn’t always been the case & he has caused alot of harm in the past & recently.

chrisandsheva 6 November, 2012 @ 12:55 pm   157

@ ukcrazyguy
fair enough, as you said things have been a little too heated lately, so bygones be bygones etc.
as for my ramblings, lol.. well tbh i have been told this a few times now, kinda find it hard to summarize, can only blame it on all the 20 and 50 thou word essay’s i had to write, for what turned out to be a totally useless, (for me) advanced english exam.. will try harder to reign those in.

Catkiller1 6 November, 2012 @ 1:00 pm   158

@ chrisandsheva

Also this is what I meant by it should be monitored: http://goo.gl/roSTX

This is what happens & it’s not fair on him or anyone else.

It’s what I meant by he leaves himself open to harm by causing harm, when it’s his frustrations that he’s letting out! Obviously tries not to but can’t help it due to the difficulty & I can understand as i’m not stubborn but sometimes it goes to far.

Catkiller1 6 November, 2012 @ 1:02 pm   159

Group Hug?? :(

No…Okay?

I’ll just hug myself then!

I can feel the love ;)

chrisandsheva 6 November, 2012 @ 1:03 pm   160

@ Catkiller1
look forward to maybe having that coffee with you, one day.. as it IS sometimes very frustrating not being able to communicate properly.. am due, well now overdue at a job. so will have to make a move.

Catkiller1 6 November, 2012 @ 1:07 pm   161

I’m supposed to be working anyway. Well my Boss doesn’t know ;)

@player42791. Hi mate, cheers for your response.

Had a pleasant dialogue with another commenter last week about this and am aware that not only are there other costs that are not divulged and that the whole economic argument is too complex to discuss on these boards, but the discrepancy (including VAT) is, in my view, baffling. I appreciate (although am blissfully unaware of) the costs of running the servers (maintenance, personnel) but does that really outstrip physical distribution?

What worries me is that the store is essentially a ‘closed shop’, a monopoly. There is no alternative if I wish to buy digital PS3/Vita products. If EA (in the test case of NFS:MW) are trying to shaft EU customers, fine. I won’t buy. But at least i’ll know.

I’m sure the Taxman (who has given the UK gaming industry huge tax breaks) would be very interested to know that UK gamers are flushing money out of the economy to the US to receive fairer prices. I’m sure the OFT might like to be enlightened about these ‘phantom costs’. And if all else fails… Anne Robinson here I come (sorry EU readers – local joke).

Peace bud.

ukcrazyguy 6 November, 2012 @ 1:18 pm   163

group hug :)

im at work too so best get on with it

podda172 6 November, 2012 @ 1:20 pm   164

This pricing issue needs addressing and fairly quickly.
what we accept now will only mean future major problems, disc life will come to an a few year down the line.
retailers will stop the rebuy of the game disc you purchased.
which in turn will mean a quick death of said retailers.
sony playstation will then be in prime position to rip off customers with the full game dl
DO not accept their pricing now!!
its time for change

Skookie30 6 November, 2012 @ 2:54 pm   165

whoooeee there it look like i have to be on here and say my piece i been called out, i remember and move on from last years im still a bloke i haven’t got a pair of breasts.

but i was not the one that flame ppl if you look back at my posts after moderation you will rarely see me putting User ID because innocent it may be to correct some-one or differ a different opinion ppl dont like to be corrected.

the only thing i despite if you read my posts is directly at Sony/SCEE i shall tell you a little secret Im on the square enix members EU too im giving them stick for lack of imports, dilly dally when or not FF type-O for western release.

but we end up bickering each other but it should be us bickering them sony, im on EG 2/3 weeks ago my post was towards shuei if you read the commets on EG most agree it was BS what shuei said to me

look at me ranting again but i want to put it anyways :)

Catkiller1 6 November, 2012 @ 4:01 pm   166

If anyone has preordered Black Ops 2 within the UK, if you haven’t done so with GAME, then you may be interested. GAME are offering one month of PLUS membership with every DAY 1 copy!

Catkiller1 6 November, 2012 @ 5:03 pm   167

Here is an article for Midway Arcade Origins for the Retro fans out there: http://goo.gl/U2UUH

This releases on the 16th November within the UK & is currently a mere £13.85 @ shopto.net

chrisandsheva 6 November, 2012 @ 6:24 pm   168

@ Catkiller1/Black Ops pre order
Game and Gamestation done same with AC3. or are doing with any sales now, not sure which, but if it is similar to the US’s ‘free’ month of plus that was included with GoW saga, then it’s (surprise) probably a bit of a scam, ie they give you a free month IF you give Them your cc details, then if you forget to cancel, (not sure how you’d do that, phone or e-mail ?), they charge your cc a extra 3 months of plus.. Would be good if someone could clarify if it is same method as US’s, or (fingers crossed) it is just a simple code giving you what it say’s.

The free plus will be same as facebook one you can get atm you need a cc and it auto renews. I cant redeem mine I take It that’s because I’m a member but it does not state in the t&cs that this offer is nit available to ps plus members

chrisandsheva 6 November, 2012 @ 6:57 pm   170

@ hayzink
well that sucks, if true etc, why do these stores promote bogus offers like that in 1st place.. also i now know what you meant by ‘blurb’, lol, took a while but i ‘think’ i figured it out, you were refering to the info panel next to games pic ?, and yes, it did say free hour ‘trial’, wish i’d of read that first, mind you when looking at it on spare user the only option avaliable is ‘join plus’, and i couldn’t find any other option of buying it (for £9.99) unless i/others did, just hope they can get on top of it all soon.

To be fair the one month free trial just works pretty much the same as lovefilm etc if you don’t want it cancel it or you become a paying member and I personal don’t have an issue with that promotional style as the instructions are pretty clear as you just unsubscribe via ps3 by switching auto renew off

chrisandsheva 6 November, 2012 @ 7:30 pm   172

well that isn’t too bad then, as if it’s just a matter of canceling from your ps3, just wasn’t sure about that part, again though, just pointless excluding present plus subbers from this, or facebook promo, well, i’d actually say it is a insult. i mean it seems the more they (sony) allready have off us, the less we get rewarded, still in scheme of things it’s not that big a problem, does it have a expiry date by any chance ?, as may be worth holding onto IF you can use it later on.

chrisandsheva 6 November, 2012 @ 8:00 pm   173

Really wanted to play a game tonight, but i feel i have to factory reset my laptop, for some reason i cannot create spare users, forcing me to remain on my administrator one, god knows what i done, but i did buy this one to learn on, so i guess i will learn something else shortly, IF i can do it correctly,i picked a LE ed of Sleeping Dogs up (again) from asda, is £20 a ok price for that ?, hopefully i can start properly on it soon, really haven’t got a clue what i’m about to do, but whats worst that could happen. famous last words lol. hoping to be back soon.

scottsymons1985 6 November, 2012 @ 8:09 pm   174

@Catkiller1 post #159
hope all is well! ;)
I don’t think i could have said it better myself. There is way too much going on in the world at the moment to be complaining about something as insignificant as an icon on the XMB and multiple people spamming the blog will only prove redundant and fall on deaf-ears.

regarding your post about poppies avatar, i personally would love that too.

as a side note; I understand people’s frustration regarding SCEE and i do believe people have a right to complain, not to spam, but to voice their complaints in a suitable and dignified manner.

Happy gaming all!

@scottsymons1985

ppl spam cause there is never any info on everything that goes wrong biggest example is the 70 million hack which took em days before they told us anything.
this might be a different thing but information is what most ppl want and what they don’t get they get a lot off empty promises.
complaining always helps but so does spamming sometimes cause when i post sometimes my post get moderated so i spam it again with the text if you delete this post i will just spam it again and then it suddently get’s approved.

Catkiller1 7 November, 2012 @ 10:43 am   176

@ scottsymons1985

All is well fella thanks ;)

I’ll ask again within today’s store update, what the situation is with regards to the Poppy Avatar but i’m sure it would have been advertised by now. It’s a shame really but i’ve bought 2 pin badges at £2 each & I regularly donate from Ebay sales & to a few other charities.

But as you know, The Royal British Legion is very dear to me as is the Benevolent Fund & Veterans Agency!

Take Care!

Catkiller1 7 November, 2012 @ 10:46 am   177

@ chrisandsheva

I was told by GAME that the free month of PLUS would work the same way as a PSN voucher & you redeem it in the usual way.

I’m not buying Black Ops 2 anyway until next year, as Far Cry 3 is enticing me more!

who was it that replied to emailed complaints not long back promising improvements? Maybe its time for us all to get in contact with out complaints. Sony really need to open a dialogue with people to start to appease the unhappy fans. There are problems every week.

chrisandsheva 7 November, 2012 @ 10:31 pm   179

@ Catkiller1
Thats good to know regards Black Ops2.. But i will believe it only when i see the extra month added to my plus date. Just cannot help but feel cynical towards gaming in general, lately.

Good to see you bringing poppie avatars back up as well.. can’t remember the guys name, manager last year, but he was one who ‘promised’ to try and get it ready for this time. which was what was asked for, given the lenghty process involved (according to store mods), Shame it never happened, for this Sunday.. But hopefully Fred may be more helpful, IF he stays.. It’s also strange, i mean i can now remember posting asking if they’d do a poppy avatar, but it seems like years ago, not just the one. like you i also do what i can for various charities,but i really wanted to see a ‘poppy avatar’ as a way for ‘certain’ ppl both learning and then showing respect, where it’s due. as a now infamous phrase puts it, ‘they may like it’.