Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 4:00pm

Pid is out tomorrow on PSN!

Hi everyone – Kian here from Might and Delight! I’m hugely proud to tell you that tomorrow we’re releasing our first game, our darling Pid!

Pid is a platforming adventure with a strong retro flavor, a unique puzzle-oriented core mechanic, creatively challenging level design, a cast of charming characters, larger than life boss encounters and tons of secrets – all set in a peculiar alien world to a deliciously jazzy soundtrack.

How does all this mix together? Our release trailer hopefully explains how:

Don’t let the smooth graphics fool you! Having taken a lot of inspiration from classic platformers such as Mega Man, Donkey Kong and Metroid, we hope that your platforming fu is strong. This is a game that will challenge you and charm you at the same time.

Simultaneous with the PSN launch is the release of the game’s soundtrack, created by Retro Family. Pid’s audio is a huge part of the game, so let me hand over to Walle Wahlgren, drummer in Retro Family, on the inspiration behind it:

What’s really different about the soundtrack is that it’s all played live in our studio. Using live instruments and playing the parts on the spot had a huge impact on the game itself. If you listen closely you can hear small mishaps in the playing, metal and wood scratching and heavy breathing. All of these natural analog sounds together with the tailor-made songs really makes the music of Pid one of the most creative and unique soundtracks out there.

When we started composing the music for Pid there weren’t any finished levels or gameplay to speak of, so we worked with what you would feel while playing the game. For example, when the player enters the Factory the setting was a big dark hole – immense areas and huge machines that work in perfect rhythm together in the background, a red and dark color scheme and the feeling of being lost in a huge factory.

If it was puzzle-oriented gameplay, if it was a slow or fast moving level – things like this helped us create the right mood for every song on the soundtrack.

We worked intensively with sound director Josef Tuulse and art director Jakob Tuchten. They really helped us tune in to each setting and gave us a clear view of what was supposed to be going on in every level. I feel as if they were a part of the band as well.

Pid will be available in the PSN store from tomorrow, priced at £7.99/€9.99.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

21 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

“Don’t let the smooth graphics fool you!”

Are you kidding me? I love the style and I’ll get it ( probably not this week ), but for which platform is it ? ps3 or ps vita?

Wish you the best with your game and hopefully we will see more from you.

Vannaa_Girl 6 November, 2012 @ 4:09 pm   2

Ohhh

this looks amazing, obviously you are all going to have alot of success at Might and Delight

another perfect Vita title but this really does look fun :)

Just noticed “Filed: PlayStation 3, PS3 Games”

Any plans for vita ?

Looks very nice, I really like the rich depth.

I’ll ask the inevitable questions; any PS Plus discount? and will it make its way to the Vita?

I guess it’s for ps3 only and not for psvita :/. Really not intressted to play these sort of games on the ps3. Would love to play this but only on psvita.

Catkiller1 6 November, 2012 @ 4:19 pm   6

Ross told us a few months back that Pid & Knytt Underground were incoming as PLUS titles! I take it that isn’t the case anymore & why is there no mention of it?

I haven’t forgotten anyway ;)

Catkiller1 6 November, 2012 @ 4:31 pm   7

Forgot to add, Big Sky Infinity is the third Indie title that was aimed at PLUS members!

6# Now that you say it I remember that aswell!!

Add

Yeah thought this was gonna be a Plus title??

Looks great though and think I also remember from the last blog update that their engine isn’t Vita compatible… so a Vita version would be unlikely which is a shame as most of the recent PSN games I like the look of, I’d rather play on my Vita.

Oh well even so it looks like a great new PSN title, that I’ll pick up, just maybe not form day 1 as there’s no Plus discount.

Flipside666 6 November, 2012 @ 5:03 pm   11

this looks great, nice detail , looks like you have put a lot of love into this title ;)

Flipside666 6 November, 2012 @ 5:09 pm   12

now you guys mention it i remember this being mentioned by ross as a title that would be in the “playstation presents collection” for plus hmm sucks if they dropped that idea

Voodoo341 6 November, 2012 @ 5:16 pm   13

Looks good but I’m not buying a game off PSN without a PS+ discount. Otherwise I’ll buy it at full price and in a month SCEE will have it listed as a ‘free’ game.

Some clarification over it being mentioned as a Plus title would be nice…..?

TheMethod 6 November, 2012 @ 10:24 pm   15

Like the look of this!

One minor thing that I don’t like the look of is the narrative font though…but that’s probably because I work with fonts every day.

Tsubaki_14 6 November, 2012 @ 10:55 pm   16

This looks real nice :O hope we get it on plus :> at least discount lol

Another great title, really original.

jep orginal , but not mi ting

+ like other say = i buy ful price then month after 10% reduction = not fair .
if peopel are first like new console , them are always scre..

so instead of puting extra dlc in game
i have beter solution = peopel who buy ful price game get dlc free

if u buy almost for nothing u pay dlc

i paid 699 € ps3 on day 1 = ps3 + 1 controler ( not dualchok )
now them very low price 2 games + extra dualchok

= stil price of ps3 = overpriced certenly new models
u confuse peopel by always changing model size of hd

2 models = good but stay whit them 120 gb = 200 € 500 gb =299.99 €

Game looks good, any ps+ discount on launch?

Hadn’t heard of this before, but based purely on the video… im sold!