Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

71 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

Hey everyone, hope you’re enjoying this brand new trailer for GTAV and we’re pleased to be able to bring it to PlayStation.Blog. We know you’ll have tons of questions about the game and, while we might not be able to answer them all directly here, we’ll be back to bring you guys more as we approach the game’s spring 2013 release.

The trailer is not viewable at this time ?

Awesome! Can’t wait!

mattledger 14 November, 2012 @ 4:15 pm   4

Here’s the official YouTube link for anyone (like me) having trouble with the embedded player : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzue74y7A84

Damn I WANT this game so badly!!

Game looks amazing but I would expect nothing less from R* and R*North. Any plans for collectors editions? Holding off pre-ordering it till I know all the options.

Great to hear you’re looking forward to it! As we haven’t announced any plans for a collectors edition of the game, I’m afraid I don’t have an answer for you there.

Ow wow.. There goes spring 2013.

jakster123x 14 November, 2012 @ 4:18 pm   8

Woah.

Apelgrandure 14 November, 2012 @ 4:18 pm   9

Game looks fantastic
One quick question:
Do you have a planned release for PC?
If not, will it ever come to PC or is that unlikely?
Just want to know if I should hold out for a PC release or get it when it comes out for console
(I prefer playing games like GTA with a mouse and keyboard)

JordanBlack68 14 November, 2012 @ 4:25 pm   10

Good job R*. Game looks great!

JordanBlack68 14 November, 2012 @ 4:36 pm   11

Take it that PS3 is the lead development console :)?

ICoNIC_xMaYheM 14 November, 2012 @ 4:38 pm   12

Looks pretty good

vonhammer 14 November, 2012 @ 4:48 pm   13

looks cool,but really need to see the mission structure before I care about it.Online co-op and i’ll buy it,but the same old same old mission structures will kill the series.

Also please don’t gimp the car handling,it was the best part of 4.

Will the PS3 version be HD

MusterBuster 14 November, 2012 @ 4:49 pm   14

R*Q. Would you like my 1st born now, or after you send me the game early?

Cannot. Wait.

brownbear2212 14 November, 2012 @ 4:49 pm   15

Awesome stuff!

Look stunning as always R*. Can we drive articulated trucks this time round? That would be brilliant.

Looks fantastic :) I’ll most likely not see many trees turning green this spring.

Really looking forward to cruise through the mountains, desserts, forrests, countrysides and Los Santos. Damn I can’t wait. Great job R* :D

lengendaryboss 14 November, 2012 @ 4:52 pm   18

Hey Rockstar great to see you on the blog, that trailer is truly amazing.
question does Q stand for something?
when you preorder GTA V what do we get again? (preorder Bonuses)

Dante_Zero 14 November, 2012 @ 4:57 pm   19

Looks amazing and cant wait. On another note any word if PSN or PSVita will be getting the HD remakes of GTAIII and Vice City that are already/due to hit android and iOS. I really wanna got back and play those and seems daft to put it on mobiles but not on Vita. would be amazing and i’d hunt those trophys every waking moment, till GTA5 launches anyway. lol

CoolRichy008UK 14 November, 2012 @ 4:57 pm   20

@13 ARE YOU MAD! GTAV USING NEW MISSION STRUCTURE 3 PLAYABLE MEMBERS NEW WAYS 2 DO MISSIONS if u dnt like it dnt get it anyone moans about gtaV will be bitten by franklins dog

Hahaha! I cannot wait! This looks incredible.

Dante_Zero 14 November, 2012 @ 5:00 pm   22

Also another quick question. I’ve put of pre-ordering as i want to try and get the CE. Can you confirm if there will be one and give us some idea of when we are likely to find out about it.

p.s Vita Vita Vita. just a friendly reminder about question i posted earlier. lol :)

Hey there, as we haven’t announced any plans for a collectors edition of GTAV or for a PS Vita game, I’m afraid I don’t have an answer for you on either front.

This is probably the only major title I am really looking forward to. Day 1 purchase for me as always I love the GTA series

vonhammer 14 November, 2012 @ 5:11 pm   24

@ CoolRichy008UK Trust me I’ve envisioned Italian Jobb levels of complexity using player switching and online co-op.

But if the AI is structured the same way a past games then it’ll feel old once the new shine has worn away.

If it’s drive> enemy spawn at objective> kill> drive (possible chase)> Fin,then it doesn’t matter if it’s an MMO the structure is the same.

I want to see dynamic AI that has spotters relaying back info,that could potentially change things like placements and numbers.
Lets say you drop of a sniper on building who will provide over watch support.If a spotter see’s this,he would relay the info,and you’d get a phone call saying the area is hot,were changing location.

lengendaryboss 14 November, 2012 @ 5:12 pm   25

18. Thanks keep up the good work.

bennyrafal 14 November, 2012 @ 5:15 pm   26

hahah Vice City, Tommy(kind of) is back :D

Amazing trailer, hate it on one hand though as it makes the waiting harder.
I think Trevor looks like he could be one of the greatest gaming characters ever.
GTA is the daddy of gaming, everything pales in comparison.

Looks BRILLIANT!!! :P But i won’t buy it if you give any ‘DLC’ to Microsoft’s Xbox 360 1st like you did with GTA4, sorry to say :-/ PlayStation owners made the GTA games big so don’t stab us in the back again please(i sound like one of the Gangsters off the GTA games saying that) :D

BRISTOLAD 14 November, 2012 @ 5:44 pm   29

OMG,looks and sounds the dogs danglys. If it was a film id watch it, THAT GOOD.
i feel like dancing

xx-InFeRnAL-xx 14 November, 2012 @ 5:46 pm   30

Greetings,

I’m huge fan of GTA series, and other games from you guys (RockStar) like Read Dead Redemption, Max Payne series, and ohters.
But until today it seams GTA V, its your biggest work you ever made, the trailer its perfect like a movie trailer we see in cinema.
I can´t wait to buy my copy and play this masterpice game.
Anyway can you gives th official realased date for this game? Please :)

Cheers;
xx-InFeRnAL-xx

Greetings! That’s great to hear, thank you. While we don’t have a specific release date to share, you can look forward to the game coming in spring 2013.

Evil-LoPo 14 November, 2012 @ 5:46 pm   31

Can we expect a digital version ? It would make it easier for a lot of people to buy the digital version because GTA seems to run out of stores the day it comes out ._.

flaming_fist_17 14 November, 2012 @ 5:51 pm   32

great trailer . i can’t wait for this masterpiece .

does PS VITA interests you ?

because every system without a R* game is not successful .

i just want to say that your games are the real meaning of entertainment :)

SKIBADEE187 14 November, 2012 @ 6:07 pm   33

love it your my favourite devs. HD collection would be great as well.

AaronSOLDIER 14 November, 2012 @ 6:20 pm   34

Make a San Andreas Stories for Vita!

Anyway I own every single GTA so will get this, just hope PS3 gamers aren’t screwed with exclusive DLC again otherwise I’ll hold off until a Ultimate Edition is released.

FatMachismo 14 November, 2012 @ 6:22 pm   35

Love love love this trailer. Driving a jeep out the back of a plane then jumping out of the jeep then freefalling? Yes please :D

Spring cannot come quick enough for me!

Got mine pre-ordered a week or so ago, got my poster up and totally ready for a collectors edition! Also…completely echoing the HD collection statement. Vita and PS3 love a-plenty there :D

DoYouLikeMyID 14 November, 2012 @ 6:27 pm   36

I just hope there will be some more cheat codes in this game, to me that’s where the fun of the GTA games is. I loved San Andreas, but I hated GTA IV.

In GTA IV, there were only extremely boring cheats, and you had to enter them on a cellphone… Really? That’s why I couldn’t play the game for more than 1 hour, it wasn’t fun.

I hope this game will be fun however… And ditch the cellphone feature.

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 14 November, 2012 @ 6:29 pm   37

R*Q
Please answer me regarding this: does this have gun dynamics/bullet reactions similar to RDR?
Thanks.
Also, I noticed the DB5! I can’t wait to drive around LS like 007!

Voodoo341 14 November, 2012 @ 6:44 pm   38

I assume the Xbox will be getting the best version again?

Can’t wait for this game, Will be able to buy houses so we can save the game closer to a certain place and shops to make xtra money on the 1 player?

will the game run as slow as gta 4, I found it way too slow to play, felt like game was in constant slow-mo?

are you going to make san Andreas HD?

bitbydeath 14 November, 2012 @ 7:35 pm   42

Looks awesome, i hear that is ingame.

Can you confirm if that is the PS3 version?
Also is PS3 the lead platform?

Can not wait.. GTA has been amazing since the Birdseye view one. my 1st love lol ”Kill Frenzy”

CoolRichy008UK 14 November, 2012 @ 7:48 pm   44

i noticed 2 things GTA sanandreas 1 taunt people & steel trains. GTAV you can taunt people & deffo steel trains because the same style of trains was in sanandreas . gta 4 had no nickable trains gtaV will have trains u can steel R* wont tell us that so i did nickable trains in gtaV will apper because the sanandreas trains u can nick was very popular & the game will have alot of stuff you can steel bikes cars trains planes trucks jetskis golf carts . loads of minigames & a full golf course oh And R* plzz add a very high carpark with a jump of it & i hope the online multiplayer wont have no steelable cars etc missing like gta4 did im deffo getting this & iyes people they will add gtaV to ps store they did with gta4 gta episodes n i bet gtaV will be 25GB if its huge nuff said

CoolRichy008UK 14 November, 2012 @ 7:49 pm   45

@42 its the ps3 version they are showing off & GTAV Is on 1 disk. xbox version will be on 50 LOL

The_Stig_2881 14 November, 2012 @ 10:29 pm   46

Looks awesome! Cant wait to get it next year and I like the cars they are trying to use, saw a Audi R8, a Jaguar and I’m pretty sure I saw a Mercedes to.

Looks really good none the less!

how does money work in the game in an interview rockstar said money was the main theme and they said you cant buy property so what is the use of getting money in the game if theres nothing to buy if the only thing you can buy is clothes you would be able to buy anything you want in the game in 3 or 4 hours theres no point in buying cars you can just rob one and stick in the garage like the last games even if theres car modding you could get the cash for the mods in an hour so whats left and can we drive boats cruise liners and oil tankers

and are you releasing a digital version of gta 5 on day of the release and is there going to be hd versions of the ps2 games

Will GTAV have Co-op?

FunnyDemond 15 November, 2012 @ 12:02 am   50

Dose anybof know the release date 4 this game on xbox 360 if u do plz tell me thanks

craigiversen 15 November, 2012 @ 12:03 am   51

Trailer looks pretty cool, but a couple of questions. Will there be something resembling a game-play trailer at some point in the future? Also, will the game have custom soundtracks on the PS3?

dark_angel69 15 November, 2012 @ 12:17 am   52

This game looks unbelievable awesome. Would be a bit more interest in knowing about the multiplayer. Would it be like GTA 4? You guys make some great games but sadly not the best multiplayer.

Would love to play your games online but every online game I have (GTA 4 and RDR for example) has always kicked me out. Obviously it would be my internet that could be causing this as I may not have the ports required to make it run smoothly but no other game ever has such problems like this.

It appears to only happen to R* games only. I don’t need no solution from you to say how i can fix this as i’m already aware i would need to open these ports but due to our internet security they must remain closed. Perhaps maybe if you could pass word onto the team if they could get the game to work on strict connection. I’m sure others suffer this also

Awesome! Can’t wait!

Eminem360X 15 November, 2012 @ 6:26 am   54

Cant wait when it come!!!!

xenokiller90 15 November, 2012 @ 10:20 am   55

about time this crud was put to rest and you made some decent games.All this does is incite mindless violence and give children the wrong idea about life.

Mayernator87 15 November, 2012 @ 10:33 am   56

This looks amazing! Im gonna hold off pre-ordering until i hear more info about a collectors edition though. I will be queuing outside my local shop at midnight for this.

I only hope that the game isnt downgraded too much for us PS3 gamers as it has to fit on the Xbox’s DVD discs. I recall an article a few years ago…

So. . . Read Dead Sequel. . . When?

CoolRichy008UK 15 November, 2012 @ 12:58 pm   58

PEOPLE DONT YOU READ WHAT THE POST SAID

NO SPECIAL EDITION

and this game is for ps3 only – rockstar rep told me

Chr15toff3e 15 November, 2012 @ 1:10 pm   59

All the games I want to play seem to be getting released early next year. But after watching that trailer, it’s put GTA at the top of my list.

Some of the scenes between Michael and Franklin reminded me of Breaking Bad, so you know it’s going to be explosive and insane.

I really can’t wait for this game.

CoolRichy008UK 15 November, 2012 @ 2:15 pm   60

welll ps3 should get this 1st and the dlc before xbox does its only fair and anyway the xbox version might be on 2 disks and i know its out on pc xbox ps3 at same time i was just messing and soon as i get GTAV from ps store or disk il be on it loads and from the start of the game im gonna goto all locked areas :D

CoolRichy008UK 15 November, 2012 @ 2:16 pm   61

Chr15toff3e trevor reminds me of jack nickleson lol and did you notice in the 2nd trailer the train is the same one as san andreas possablly steelable

THE_FORCE 15 November, 2012 @ 3:00 pm   62

Looks like the animation and graphics have taken a bit of a leap. Deffo purchase for me now!

Chr15toff3e 15 November, 2012 @ 7:01 pm   63

@CoolRichy I was going to say he looked like Jack Torrance from The Shining, but I deleted it.

somethingatt 15 November, 2012 @ 7:50 pm   64

A GTA game that looks amazing? Well I never! ;)

TehPhilosopher 16 November, 2012 @ 11:25 am   65

Your marketing dept needs to get their act together: embedded player doesn’t buffer properly so it stopped every few seconds on my 10mbps line, and youtube requires sign-in. GTTV to the rescue.

Terrordactyl 16 November, 2012 @ 1:50 pm   66

Lost and the Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony were Microsoft times exclusives for GTA4 and took forever to come out on PS3.

PLEASE can you confirm that GTA 5 won’t be in bed with Microsoft again?

can not wait I feel like a kid on.Christmas eve..lol rockstar u are the gods of the whole gameing industry..love to u guys !!:-D

ALhammadi51 17 November, 2012 @ 3:23 pm   68

Amazing !!!

POLSKAPUNK20 18 November, 2012 @ 2:53 pm   69

amazing new trailer!

CopperSlip 18 November, 2012 @ 5:56 pm   70

I want Candy Suxx & Mercedeze Benz included in this game ! Diaz , Tommy , Carl , Sweet , Niko , Johnny klebitz and myself , have all been to a ‘meet’ on the Coloenel’s boat this afternoon . The vote to include the girls was unanimous , and it was decided by ‘The Boys’ to put out a search for Misty as well !

Stonesthrow 20 November, 2012 @ 5:02 am   71

You guys at Rockstar are awesome. Keep up the brilliance!