Posted 12:01pm

PlayStation.Blog Recap

Greetings one and all! Fred here with your weekly digest of PlayStation-related news – and, as ever, there’s plenty to get your teeth into.

The big news this week was the much-anticipated launch info for PlayStation Plus on PS Vita. I hope you’ll agree it’s a really strong line-up, and it’s just the tip of the iceberg – we’ve got lots of great stuff lined up for you over the next few months.

Elsewhere on the Blog, we heard from Beyond: Two Souls creator David Cage, gaming legend Warren Spector talked Epic Mickey 2, new fighters were announced for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and Rockstar Games stopped by to show off a shiny new Grand Theft Auto 5 trailer. And that’s just a taste – see below for the full a la carte reading list.

Meet back here next week for news on The Walking Dead, Ratchet & Clank: QForce and DmC: Devil May Cry, among others. Enjoy your weekend!

Playstation EU

• Weekend Essentials – Seek out Wonderbook: Book of Spells and Call of Duty: Black Ops this weekend on PlayStation.
  • Game On – Sprinkle a little PlayStation magic over the start of your week with Wonderbook: Book of Spells, Mass Effect and much more.
  • Smart As… Arithmetic tips – Are numbers being a nuisance in Smart As…? Find out to make the Arithmetic puzzles all add up in the PlayStation Vita game.
  • Get a taste of PlayStation Plus – Visit our official Facebook page to claim your free 30-day PlayStation Plus trial.
  • Developer spotlight: Treyarch – Check out the Call of Duty: Black Ops II developer’s line-up of PlayStation 3 blockbusters.

Official PlayStation Magazine - UK

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

119 Comments 18 Author replies
Show oldest first

Fred do you know when PSM will expand to more countries?

Fred Dutton 17 November, 2012 @ 8:46 pm

Alas, I’ve no news for you on that at present. When there is an update, you’ll hear about it here.

Heyo Fred

i have not seen you play assassins creed 3 yet?

im getting ac3 and ac3: liberation for christmas :)

Fred Dutton 17 November, 2012 @ 8:46 pm

Haven’t got around to that one yet! Still tip-toeing my way through Dishonored.

one more thing fred, how was the when viking attack! game? did you guys play anymone? i would of joined if i had the game.

Fred Dutton 17 November, 2012 @ 8:47 pm

Yep, it was fun! SCEE staff took some nasty beatings…

We’ll look at doing more of these events in the future, so hopefully you can join in then.

Another poor week for SCEE. Singstar in the US is an optional download while SCEE managers keep their heads buried in the sand and ignore the complaints here. No signs of the missing content. Black Ops Declassified slaughtered by reviews, Wonder Book sells about 4 copies world wide. Hopefully the news about The Walking Dead is about Episode 5 and SCEE are actually going to release it at the same time as other platforms. Doubt it….

MisterSparkle81 17 November, 2012 @ 12:56 pm   5

not really poor exactly considering the eu get Quantum Conundrum free as well but you gotta use the search engine to find it, not sure if its a plus exclusive free though

MisterSparkle81 17 November, 2012 @ 1:00 pm   6

or maybe not as free as i thought, sony you got to sorty out the wording of your “free” and trial games , its very misleading, i thought the eu had the same as the us with QC for a minute, i almost fell into this trap last week the the Assassins Creed “free” offers that turned out to be trial versions.

MisterSparkle81 17 November, 2012 @ 1:01 pm   7

yeah but who really thought a FPS on the Vita was gonna be any good?

supersmith2500 17 November, 2012 @ 1:03 pm   8

Oh and guess what, the Store is down ONCE AGAIN! I WANT TO GO TO STEAM.

MisterSparkle81 17 November, 2012 @ 1:21 pm   9

no problem with the store being down mate, theres nothing new on it this week anyway

hi fred,

great news that plus is now on vita at no extra cost, i had been meaning to get gravity rush for a while too see what all the fuss was about :)

another good gaming week for me got myself another cheeky little platinum trophy on ps3 :)
i also dove back into the streets of hong kong with the fantastic sleeping dogs which prompted me to buy nightmare in north point which i wont be touching till i finally finish the main game :)
i also enjoyed the quick blast of when vikings attack i had with yappadog.

im really looking forward to seeing how much of an effect plus has on vita sales as more vitas in customers hands means more games from developers :)

enjoy the weekend folks ;)

Fred Dutton 17 November, 2012 @ 8:50 pm

Sounds like you’ve had a solid week of gaming! Glad you enjoyed the WVA session.

Yep, Gravity Rush is very much worth the wait. My favourite Vita title yet. Please enjoy!

Dear Fred,

Any updates on the status of the issue of the non-deletable, unmovable SingStar icon in the XMB Games top slot?

Considering that SingStar has gone digital in the US as an optional download (therefore no non-deletable, unmovable icon issues in the States), will the SingStar icon be made deletable or movable in the near future so that my Games list may properly reflect my gaming profile correctly once more?

Thanks for reading.

Fred Dutton 17 November, 2012 @ 8:52 pm

I’m afraid I don’t have any new news to pass on. If an update does come in from the relevant teams I will of course post it here on the Blog immediately.

Oh and Fred, I just moved into my new home and need to choose a device to play BluRay at a second room, guess what device it won’t be? It starts with a P and ends on laystation 3…

@MisterSparkle81

I don’t know how you thought Quantum Conundrum was free for plus members when there was nothing on the blog about it this week. If it is not mentioned on the EU Blog we are not getting it.

It has been known for weeks that Quantum Conundrum was a free trial and it says it clearly in the description it is a trial.

well seems sony is alrdty planning on exiting the gaming industry with the ps4.

Sony: Report New Console Won’t Support PS3 Or Used Games

meaning any ps3 game we buy now will be useless when the ps4 arrives. and considering developers alrdy said it’s hard 2 emulate ps3 games means you guys who bought them digitally just bought junk.

Nicko_McBrain 17 November, 2012 @ 3:56 pm   15

Store isn’t working. Trying to buy When Vikings Attack since half an hour!

Now it won’t even launch (Error 80710D23)

Voodoo341 17 November, 2012 @ 4:03 pm   16

Really don’t know why SCEE labels trials as ‘free’ trials. Well I do know, it’s an attempt to con customers. You’re hardly going to pay for a trial. You dont go to a car dealer and get a ‘free’ test drive! You just get a test drive. Another example of clueless SCEE.

@dgnfly

I highly doubt this is true. The source is Kotaku and their “reliable sources” are nearly always wrong. They have been hating on the PS3 for the last 6 years after Sony blacklisted them.

ryannumber3gamer 17 November, 2012 @ 4:37 pm   18

Fred is there any chance that Remote Play will be added for the following games?

Sly Trilogy
Jak Trilogy
Ratchet Trilogy
Ratchet & Clank Tools of destruction
Ratchet & Clank Quest For Booty
Ratchet & Clank A Crack In Time
Ratchet & Clank All 4 One
Uncharted 1-3
Infamous 1 & 2.

Fred Dutton 17 November, 2012 @ 8:54 pm

There’s certainly a chance! Though I’ve nothing to announce today on any of those.

Good job on the Vita Plus offerings, well done to the Plus team.

Hopefully the price of memory cards will start to come down now that there should be more demand for the higher capacity ones, I just upgraded my PS3 HDD to 1TB for less than the cost of a 32GB Vita card.

@Voodoo341

They label them free because they are free to download. 1 hour free to play the game. It states clearly they are trials if you bother to read the description. They are not conning customers as all the information is available to them.

@Lucreto

most rumors about sony are true like taking out other O.S and there als o is a developers interview at playstation universe. and knowning at how bad sony is at backwards compatiblility is shown by the psp games none have been made psvita compatible after launch same goes for ps1 games.

PS4 backwards-compatibility difficult to achieve, says UK developer – PS3 games via the cloud?

that would mean we get scammed and they probably make us buy the same game 3 times now like those HD collection instead off giving us ps2 emulations for ps3 which is possible considering hackers are doing everything sony should.

MisterSparkle81 17 November, 2012 @ 5:02 pm   22

@Lucreto

I just happened to come across the trial when i was searching for games, i knew it was free for the us and out if curiosity had a check on the eu store and like the assassins creed situation i thought it was given out for free like assassins creed 2/brotherhood was advertised.

this new “Free” trial game and price display on the new store is very misleading, especially when the pricing is all blacked out and it just says free.

supersmith2500 17 November, 2012 @ 5:19 pm   23

I swear one day Sixthaxis and Eurogamer could cover SCEE’s embrassments this week. That’s it, NO PS3 FOR ME TONIGHT! I HAD IT!!! >:(

@dgnfly

you know that article is from march, its based on pure speculation.

i will personally be keeping my ps3 when the ps4(or whatever its called) comes out, the trade in amount you will get on a ps3 at that time will make it pointless to sell or trade it so ill just stick it in another room and have the new console in the main room .

Crack-Davidson 17 November, 2012 @ 6:42 pm   25

Why hasnt the wipeout complete pack been reduced in price? It clealry says in the racing sale, but it still full price. [CENSORED]

Also the cross-buy is totally stupid when you get the vita version when you buy the ps3 version but not vice versa. Your memory card on the vita is gonna fit 3 games. I would much rather buy the physical copy of the vita version and download the ps3 version which has a 500gb hard drive which is mostly not used compared to the maximum of 32gb in the vita, which is way overpriced and small and you really have to pick which games you keep on there.

I have a 16gb memory card on my vita and i’m not gonna upgrade to a 32gb, when you will sooner or later release a 64gb and 128gb version anyway. The extra 16gb for 90-100 euros is too little value for the money.

Make BIGGER memory cards and make the price REASONABLE!

Fred Dutton 17 November, 2012 @ 8:57 pm

Re. Wipeout. The PS3 version is the one on sale, and as far as I can tell it has been reduced as advertised. I’ll double-check first thing monday to see if there are regional discrepancies.

Crack-Davidson 17 November, 2012 @ 6:46 pm   26

Yeah I guess the money they “lose” in the cross-buy deal, is gained back double with memory card sales for the vita. It’s quite brilliant…

Voodoo341 17 November, 2012 @ 6:53 pm   27

@Lucreto

Don’t be so naive! Of course it’s a con! Look at how many people have been tricked by it. Why not label all demos as free then? They’re free to download after all. The crooks at Sony hope they trick their customers into making a mistake and actually buying their over priced ‘free’ games.

@Voodoo341

unless im missing something how are people being tricked?

lets just say someone does mistakenly d/l one of these game trials that say free(like assassins creed) first off the product description does clearly state on these games its a trial, if someone does happen to miss that and then continues to download they still have not paid anything.
if they then somehow manage to opt to unlock the full game without meaning to the store asks you to confirm purchase before taking any funds from users.

the basket in the store clearly tells you how much something costs before taking payment from your wallet.

im sorry you would have to be pretty stupid to make a mistake and pay for an unlock without meaning too.

declan__watson 17 November, 2012 @ 7:32 pm   29

Hello fellow bloggers
Great blog recap Fred, is there any chance we could get to play music while in ps home from our ps3 maybe a new update in the very near future could be helpful. I have had a fantastic week though.
@voodoo341
Please just go away stop being so silly and ill mannered another good week for scee not a bad week just because you can’t accept that their so much better at costumer and consumer support so instead of being so silly and ill mannered just go away. Except for ill mannered behaviour from voodoo great blog recap.
Thanks guys and thank you Fred. LongLivePlay Sony Make.Believe

supersmith2500 17 November, 2012 @ 8:07 pm   30

”Your comment is awaiting moderation.”

I’m getting REAL fed up now. First Nintendo now Sony. I’m going to Steam. Bye all.

@hayzink

hardly any rumors about sony announcement were ever kept secret so most off em were proven true. and ps3 has about a life year off 4-5 cause then it mostly YLOD i should know on my 2nd ps3. and when ps3 get discontinued i’d like 2 play all the games and not have 2 rebuy em constantly. with their horrible service in europe we will be waiting till about i die before we ever get some classics.

CoolRichy008UK 17 November, 2012 @ 8:26 pm   32

playstation 4 will let us use our ps3 logins so everyone all your downloads are safe 100% & not junk loads of people might have alot of games digitaly and sony will make sure they are still safe when ps4 is out and we login with our usernames & know that everything we bought can be used on ps4 all they will make sure of it if it dont happen & sony dont let us download our ps3 items ps4 will fail . PS4 WILL use our ps3 logins and let us keep anything we bought digitaly so everyone anything you got from ps store is not junk & can be downloaded from the playstation4. FACT ppl who say your digital downloads wont work on ps4 becase they will . ps3 disks wont but digital versions will because they are tied to your account & your account will carry over to ps4 CASE CLOSED

supersmith2500 17 November, 2012 @ 8:27 pm   33

Forget it, I’m leaving PSN and might cancel Plus too, seriously do not want to risk get suspended. See this is the problem, all those constant errors and glitches is seriously getting on my nerves and it’s still going so I might consider switching to Steam in the future. I’m sorry but I used to love PlayStation a alot but it looks like not anymore. Also way to go on rejecting my comment.

Also if TWD Ep.5 gets delayed again. I’m leaving console gaming and switch to PC gaming for good. I mean look at Steam, they can do a much better job than SCEE with cheap prices, excellent sales and what do we get on PSN? Nothing but overpriced games, delays and more. It’s nothing but constant problems and glitches all the time and it happens continually since the LBPV problem back on September. So I’m sorry I’m not getting the PS4 next gen. Rant Over.

CoolRichy008UK 17 November, 2012 @ 8:33 pm   34

ye wat dgnfly said ps4 needs to be well built & let us use our ps3 login so we dont loze all our digital downloads or freinds lists or trophies we spend money 2 make money 4 sony and we need a strong guarentee we can transfer all our ps3 freinds lists & digital downloads to the playstation4 or sony will lose the consumers trust if ps4 has them features 2 push over all our ps3 data downloads freinds lists trophies we will get the ps4 if not we will all not bother with it

supersmith2500 17 November, 2012 @ 8:59 pm   35

Btw, I assume gamers in the US are also having this cart problem too. I’m sorry for the frustration.

supersmith2500 17 November, 2012 @ 9:07 pm   36

Fred can I ask you something, is the Store team looking into the cart issue right now. No one can’t even buy or download due to the error. I heard US are also having trouble.

PS: Sorry I got kinda carried away.

Fred Dutton 17 November, 2012 @ 9:09 pm

If there is an issue, the Store team will be aware of it and will be working hard on a fix. Even so, I have passed on your concerns to make doubly sure.

Fred Dutton 17 November, 2012 @ 9:08 pm   37

Hey everyone, just a heads-up about commenting protocol. Copy-and-pasted spam posts will be removed. We absolutely welcome constructive criticism, and do not delete negative posts (providing they don’t contain offensive language), but this is not the way to go about it. If your goal is to personally make my life more difficult, then please go ahead and keep it up – I’m a patient guy. However, if your goal is to have your feedback heard by the relevant people at SCEE, you’ll find spamming the Blog ineffective. Many thanks.

CoolRichy008UK 17 November, 2012 @ 9:10 pm   38

awww hugs supersmith2500 your only human just chill ok if ps store went wrong sony would know about it and fix it i think before the ps4 comes out they better do FULL RESEARCH on it

sony lets us keep our ps3 logins = everyone will be happy because i dont wanna loze anyone on my freinds list or my downloads and belive me fred dutton i have spent alot on digital downloads and i dont wanna loze them on the ps4 or il be upset :(

supersmith2500 if you wanna chat if you ever feel :( want me to add you

oh and dgnfly good statement about the ps4 but fred is right dont trust the internet on stuff that might not be true besides any fake info about the ps4 from people who dont like sony make sony look bad :( just my observation

CoolRichy008UK 17 November, 2012 @ 9:13 pm   39

Fred Dutton thanx for the info about the constructive criticism what ever that means someone explain it to me oh and i apologuse to everyone i offended in the past and in future certain comments i will keep to myself and not post them on here like fred said any naughty words he will remove the post

hope ul be ok supersmith OH & DAVIE222 assasins creed 3 for xmas great you will love the game trust me have fun with it

@supersmith2500

no offense my friend but you are always leaving hate comments and always complaining and im pretty sure you said before your leaving psn…a few times actully.

im not saying thats a bad thing. i respect your oppinion but if you really wanna leave psn so badly then please just do it. im not having ago at you mate.

and @coolrichy your psn account will cary over to PS4 because it carrys over to PS VITA.

as for PS4 non-backwards compacibility, i got a feeling we only transfer our downloadable games.

oh and @ fred, any chance me, you and 2 other SCEE employees can have a game of Zombie Apocalypss: Never Die Alone? its a 4 man co-op PSN top down zombie game

Fred Dutton 18 November, 2012 @ 2:23 pm

Y’know what? I’ve never played that one. If it ever makes it to the top of my backlog list, then yes, there’s absolutely a chance. It’s a long list though…

declan__watson 17 November, 2012 @ 9:25 pm   41

Hello again
I totally agree with you Fred, for those of you in here who criticise sony or sony computer entertainment in any way are just silly and immature. I love playstation and I am a huge sony fan I will not sit and look at people criticising them in any inappropriate way it’s disrespectful. Also for people making gestures such as fony don’t believe your saying that because your not a real playstation gamer I’ve seen sony I know what the sony brand stands for it stands for Respect, trust, care and support and putting offensive language on the blog, spamming it or criticising sony in any way is the wrong way to go and I guarantee you will find yourself going in the wrong direction. Thanks for your time LongLivePlay Sony Make.Believe

supersmith2500 17 November, 2012 @ 9:27 pm   42

@Fred Dutton:
Well the reason what caused this spam is because some people were kinda annoyed at SCEE with their decisions like for examples, the SingStar icon was shoved right into Europe’s faces in the XMB and caused havoc for us while the US got the option to have it or not and Nina’s attitude to users was kinda rude and of course slow QA causing delays and frustration. Now don’t get me wrong it isn’t your fault and plus we’re not making your life hard. I’m just simply annoyed at staff SCEE with their pathetic decisions and such, SCEA always listen to their users, SCEE doesn’t and if this keeps up or problems gets worse, people might not consider a PS4 next year.

@CoolRichy008UK:
Thanks Rich. Note me your Skype name on PS3 and I’ll add you on Skype.

CoolRichy008UK 17 November, 2012 @ 9:28 pm   43

thats what i wanted to hear DAVIE222 thank you buddy you have just put my ps4 fears to rest :)

PLAYSTATION 4 TOP INFO FROM DAVIE222 << mr clever 2012

your psn account will cary over to PS4 because it carrys over to PS VITA.

i bet he is 100% right as well and i dont care if people got a ps vita or a android tablet they are both cool the only reason i got a android tablet is because i wanted to get free games for it and besides i chose it myself but im dead jealous of all ps vita owners :D

have a good week next week all

(QUICK INFO)- naughty bear panic in paradise patch was sent for processing before it goes live about a week ago 9th nov 2012

@Fred Dutton

i remember when james gallagher said that about THE OTHER O.S and as we all found out he was wrong or either he actually alrdy knew.

CoolRichy008UK 17 November, 2012 @ 9:30 pm   45

supersmith2500 im not on SKYPE sorry buddy make room on your ps3 and il add you but only if you stop having hissy fits just cuz the ps3 store was broked

yes im calming peole down now its my job since getting assasins creed 3 im kinda nicer i duno why but games like that make me calm and happy :D

@Fred Dutton

you say it’s spam but from our view you ignore anything we say your store update shows you guys just ignore us. and what about the improvement in 2 months you said. the store update are even more horrible than it was.

declan__watson 17 November, 2012 @ 9:34 pm   47

Forgot to mention yes I am 15 by the way I probably act a lot older than some people who say immature and silly things in this blog I’ve been a playstation gamer for nearly 11 years got my playstation 1 Christmas 2002 when I was 5 since then I have had the most fantastic experience as a playstation gamer and I’m glad I am one I’d rather be a sony gamer than a Microsoft one why simple because sony is better. More better games, services, better support, have a lot of respect for the company and for kazou hirai, sir Howard and co. Respect for Fred and fellow blog staff so don’t sit there and give them criticism like I said before your going in the wrong direction. Thank you again LongLivePlay Sony Make.Believe

@fred

nice to see you on at this time of night on a sat, take it your at home logging in on your own time?

it just goes to show the people that say staff dont care and dont look at our comments are wrong.

enjoy the rest of your weekend ;)

@CoolRichy008UK

give sleeping dogs a try if you have not already its a fantastic game.

im starting up my ac 3 run next week so i hope its as good as you say ;)

supersmith2500 17 November, 2012 @ 9:43 pm   50

@CoolRichy008UK:
Thanks, could do with someone who can calm me down, adding you to my friend list now.

supersmith2500 17 November, 2012 @ 9:47 pm   51

@CoolRichy008UK:
I can’t add you, send me an invite again.

Project2insanity 17 November, 2012 @ 9:51 pm   52

@dgnfly; Do you recall the rumours about PS3? There was a rumour covering absolutely every angle. It was inevitable some would be correct. That certainly doesn’t mean every rumour is.

@Voodoo341; Your supper’s ready. Back under the bridge if you want it.

declan__watson 17 November, 2012 @ 9:52 pm   53

Yes hayzink
Obviously they do though the people who say that are just immature and silly saying sony dosnt have good consumer support etc when they do. It’s just stupid I am a true fan of sony I know they care because there full of care and respect.

@CoolRichy008UK

as you asked about constructive criticism/feedback

in laymen’s terms its when you put points across that help to influence change.

for example saying “this is crap” is not constructive

saying something like “the search function of the new store needs some work as i search for xxx and it brings up yyy” is constructive feedback.

here is a definition from the net

Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. In collaborative work, this kind of criticism is often a valuable tool in raising and maintaining performance standards.

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 17 November, 2012 @ 10:23 pm   55

@Fred
I have two question, those of which follow:
•1: Would you please be able to arrange a Ps Classics sale in the near future? I really would like to stock up on them for my Vita and playing mobile.

•2: Driver:2, would you be able to organise it’s debut on the PS Store? I really like that game, the first one is on the store and it would be great to play on Vita.

Please respond, consider my ideas and enjoy your week.
Thankyou.

Fred Dutton 18 November, 2012 @ 2:27 pm

We have a bunch of sales lined up for the rest of the year. Chris – who organises them – will be on the Blog mid-week to offer details, so stop by there and leave him your suggestions. He’s pretty good at chasing these sorts of things down.

As for Driver 2 – that decision would lie with game’s publisher – Ubisoft – rather than Sony, I’m afraid.

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 17 November, 2012 @ 10:26 pm   56

Does anyone else like my rabbit? It reminds me of my dead rabbit, so I bought it.

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 17 November, 2012 @ 10:29 pm   57

@Admin
I would like to report a problem I’m having with the PS Store.
This evening, I’ve been adding games to my basket and every time I attempt to do so, I am abruptly greeted with an error. Is this normal or could it be traffic-related? I understand the store is new so hopefully by reporting this I can help the development of our new store.
Thankyou.

CoolRichy008UK 17 November, 2012 @ 10:46 pm   58

hayzink had it once regretted trading it in but if all goes to plan when i got farcry 3 the week after i got that il get sleeping dogs again and all the dlc

CoolRichy008UK 17 November, 2012 @ 10:48 pm   59

supersmith2500 sent you a ps3 add ok because its set to freinds only sorry i should of said & hayzink im gonna add you as well cuz i said a game i like :D

add me you 2.

as long as GTAV has got drivable trains in it from the start of the game i will be very happy and that will make up for the ps store being crap :D

ROLL ON 2013 laterz all gonna watch a movie

Thanks for your response! No news is news none the less, and I do hope that after nearly a month of European PS3 owners basking in The Icon’s presence, the relevant teams are going to respond swiftly to the matter and the precedent it sets for the future. I am patient, but not as patient as you unfortunately :).

CoolRichy008UK 17 November, 2012 @ 10:51 pm   61

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX nice rabbit and how cute is that getting something to honour your rabbit :)

CoolRichy008UK 17 November, 2012 @ 10:53 pm   62

reply @supersmith2500 post 51

just sent you a freinds add on ps3 SUPERSMITHY2500 now gonna watch a movie laters everyone and hayzink ty for tellin me what it ment

its good that people help each other on here even if sony are buzy LOL

right catch you later add me if you want hayzink as well

Fairly quite week for me on the games

Looking forward to getting my hands on Ratchet & Clank Q Force and hopefully Walking Dead Episode 5 being released on time with no delays on this wednesday (fingers crossed)

Crack-Davidson 17 November, 2012 @ 11:35 pm   64

Thank you Fred for the answer.

I don’t understand though why the discount is not on the Vita?
If you buy the PS3 version you get the Vita version. You buy the Vita version you get the PS3 version. BUT the discount is only for the PS3 version. ?? Seems a bit unfair for the people that don’t have a PS3 at the moment.

I’m planning on getting a PS3 sooner or later but still…

Any chance you could talk to someone who could make it happen? Would be greatly appreciated. Thx

I know the odds of getting a reply on this are quite small now… However, rumor is that there is a ‘Sonic Classic Collection’ coming to the PSN next week?

Is there any truth in that? If so what games are in it?

@Crack-Davidson: I assume it’s because the Vita version is cheaper than the PS3 version. Everyone would’ve bought the Vita version if not and gotten the more expensive one “for free”.

redalertrules 18 November, 2012 @ 1:31 am   67

Hey Fred can you please answer this simple question, it says on psn that playstation all stars comes out on the 19th is this correct and we get it earlier in the week? Or is this wrong and we get it when the store updates which for me is thursday and might aswell just buy retail, just wanted to ask as pretty excited for the game on my ps3 and vita. One last thing sorry, are pre orders going to be available for vita in the future at any point?

Fred Dutton 18 November, 2012 @ 2:31 pm

It’s out on 21st Nov on mainland Europe, 22nd in Aus/NZ and 23rd in the UK.

No word for you on Vita pre-orders today I’m afraid – if I learn anything I’ll be sure to pass it along!

hi Fred Dutton

psn store = lots friends are geting ful freezes
miself = long wait untile start

also i hope u make next gen xmb more stile we can reorganize ore self icoons we need !!! en like pc make some icoons invicbel !!

sinstar iccon stil not like one bit ( = spam not changing mi opinion )

i hoope ps4 wil be ps3 compatibel = 1 of 4 moast inportant to me
ps3 compatibel – no more memorie problems – doawnloading when u play – ps4 400 € when no ps3 games 499 € when ps3 compatibel

also ting i need to see = utube ps3 – renting films ?

i realy need rpg on vita ( ragnorak odysee )

Your comment is awaiting moderation
Your comment is awaiting moderation
Your comment is awaiting moderation

jes i love u to

Hi Fred,

everything constructive about SingStar spam has been already said, we gave fair reasons why SingStat icon should be deletable as any other game icon on the XMB and only official response apart “feedback being monitored” is “IT IS STAYING”. So you have to understand why our patience is exhausted.
Look on the bright side, at least you have power to delete this spam, unlike us, we can’t delete yours from our XMBs.

Voodoo341 18 November, 2012 @ 8:06 am   71

Really laughable and hypocritical post about constructive criticism Fred. I’ve seen no evidence of SCEE ever considering criticism on this blog but there is plenty of evidence of SCEE entirely ignoring it. Who is in charge of SCEE these days? The invisible man? You’re being spammed because your customers are frustrated and angry. Consider yourself lucky they still take the time to do it. Soon they’ll give up and start giving their hard earned cash to a competitor. Don’t think the consequences of that has dawned on SCEE employees yet.

How about some constructive feedback rather than the ‘there’s nothing I can say about that at this time’ spam feed to your customers?

AsmodeanBT 18 November, 2012 @ 8:23 am   72

Awww? You don’t like spam Fred? Neither do I, but you seem to take the damn liberty to spam my XMB with crap I don’t want anyway so why should we show you the respect you clearly don’t show us?

Yasir_Said 18 November, 2012 @ 8:40 am   73

Good winter for the vita!

Crack-Davidson 18 November, 2012 @ 9:22 am   74

@cthulhu85

It is not cheaper. It is infact the exact same as the ps3 version = 12.95 euros (6.45 or 6.50 for half off). That is also why it was confusing in the race sale article, because it was the exact same price as the Vita version, but it didn’t specify that it was only for ps3.

The point i’m getting at is that it basically the same product. Because it’s the same price on both platforms and you get the other one free no matter which platform you buy it for. I think it’s a bit unfair that I need to have a PS3 to get it and can’t buy it from my Vita.

Crack-Davidson 18 November, 2012 @ 9:24 am   75

The name for the package is also the same on both platforms…

declan__watson 18 November, 2012 @ 10:51 am   76

Hello again
Fred I was wondering will there be a crackle app out I live in scotland on my store there isn’t a crackle app yet so will there be one. Thanks LongLivePlay Sony Make.Believe

Fred Dutton 18 November, 2012 @ 2:33 pm

I could be wrong but I believe Crackle is a US-only service. Either way, no plans for this at the moment I’m afraid.

declan__watson 18 November, 2012 @ 12:14 pm   77

Hello again
For some reason I had a comment which was reported for no reason but I have a warning for some don’t just report someone for no reason it’s disrespectful and inappropriate I don’t no what I did but it wasn’t offensive in any way. LongLivePlay Sony Make.Believe

Hi,
could anyone download Playstation All Stars for PS3?
Description says that the Automatic Download starts 17.11 (also yesterday :D), but it didn’t happened.

Anyone with the same probleme or a fix for it?

regards,
godheit

declan__watson 18 November, 2012 @ 12:25 pm   79

Hello godheit
I never got an update for playstation all stars and maybe the update is a little bit late it does happen it should appear soon though good day to you. :)

I believe that they forgot to upload it on the store, but why I can download the Vita version without any problems?

Project2insanity 18 November, 2012 @ 2:28 pm   81

@Voodoo341 & AsmodeanBT; Do you guys not realise the spam affects anyone reading the blog ‘including’ customers so you’re actually disrespecting the very people you claim to speak for?

@Voodoo341 specifically; At risk of being the hundredth person who’s said this to you, there are things called confidentiality agreements. The reason you ‘don’t get constructive feedback’ is because you don’t pay attention to anything but negativity.

supersmith2500 18 November, 2012 @ 2:35 pm   82

Hey Fred, glad the store is now fixed but here’s a random question, nothing related to releases or anything. What are your thoughts on Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified on PSVita? I played on it and didn’t like it. =P

Voodoo341 18 November, 2012 @ 3:26 pm   83

@Project2insanity

The very people I claim to speak for? Show me where I claim to speak for anyone but myself! I suggest you stop trying to be SCEE’s mouth piece and leave it up to actual SCEE employees to make up weak excuses.

*SPAM* Singstar icon on top of my XMB *SPAM*

CoolRichy008UK 18 November, 2012 @ 3:55 pm   85

just read that sleeping dogs is to get 3 new DLC added soon

Drunken Fist Pack
Zodiac Tournament Pack
Gangland Style Pack

woohooo fred make sure they are added to ps store next week plz or noww

Project2insanity 18 November, 2012 @ 4:03 pm   86

@Voodoo341; When you challenge someone to prove something he claims you said, you aren’t supposed to have said anything to justify that claim. These quotes are from only the last post you made in this topic (excluding your challenge, of course):

“You’re being spammed because your customers are frustrated and angry.”

“Soon they’ll give up and start giving their hard earned cash to a competitor.”

Now you say you speak only for yourself? Try replacing “your customers” or “they” with “I” and “their” with “my” then that’ll be true.

Voodoo341 18 November, 2012 @ 4:33 pm   87

LMAO… just as I thought not one quote where I claimed to speak for anyone else.

arrrg so annoyed :(

got a major glitch with sleeping dogs after finishing the game i was replaying story missions to unlock triad points and on the night market chase mission (2nd mission on the game) my screen went black after i failed the mission and i had to reset my console and this has now caused a bug that is basically making my game continue from that mission as a kind of new game plus type thing.

its seems upon googling it this is an issue that happens on 360 and ps3 so its not console specific, annoying as i now have to do all the side missions again for my plat and to unlock all the side missions i need to do all the story missions :( im glad i like the game so much as i have had things like this happen to me before and i refused to play again but i can forgive this bug as it only seems to happen if you fail or restart that one specific mission.

Hi Fred,

any update on the pre-download problem for PS All Stars?

supersmith2500 18 November, 2012 @ 5:38 pm   90

@Fred Dutton & declan__watson:
Crackle in Europe is impossible to request hence is a US service and most of the TV programs aren’t even available due to copyright issues but however, EOD TV on Home has Crackle but I really wouldn’t recommend buying it because there is not enough good shows to watch on there.

I’d say stick to Netflix and even PSN’s video store but if using PSN’s video store, great luck avoiding the store’s problems on the way.

Btw, Can’t wait for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale next week!!

Project2insanity 18 November, 2012 @ 5:45 pm   91

@Voodoo341; You thought I was saying you literally said you speak for others? Don’t worry buddy, you’ll soon learn more about the English language once you pass nursery school.

declan__watson 18 November, 2012 @ 6:16 pm   92

Hello Fred
Thanks for the reply and also shame if it only US one because I created a crackle account and everything but I can still watch it through the Internet anyway. Fred I also have a question I had a comment which was reported I don’t know why I had replying to an individual telling them that they were being a little bit disrespectful and told them to go away if they were to continue and it was reported for abuse but there was nothing abusive about the comment why does it do that? Any way hope you enjoy the rest of your evening and I will see you on Friday for the next blog recap. Thanks LongLivePlay Sony Make.Believe

prycestation3 18 November, 2012 @ 6:43 pm   93

hi Fred off topic but when is update 2.00 for the PlayStation official app coming? we were told on the blog ages ago that it was coming & it was going to be big, messaging friends, browsing store seem to be the usual requests, enjoy your weekend everyone:-)

Voodoo341 18 November, 2012 @ 6:46 pm   94

Well done Project2insanity! You were caught out lying and now you’ve resorted to childish insults. Well done.

Project2insanity 18 November, 2012 @ 7:17 pm   95

@Voodoo341; Let’s try it your way, huh? Show me where I specified you literally said you claim to speak for others.

To save me replying again, I’ll skip to the part where I say “LMAO… just as I thought, not one quote where I specified you literally said you speak for others”. Your lack of comprehension isn’t short of astounding.

Just for the record, I wasn’t insulting you. I literally think you are too young to fully understand the art of conversation. And that, you can quote me on.

MordecaiHunter 18 November, 2012 @ 10:51 pm   96

Lucky You FRED you can remove unwanted Spam

We have to look at You’re(scee) Spam everytime i turn on my ps3 !

But hey atleast the americans dont have to, god forbid sony upsetting the americans hey !

Kotaku said about the cloud storage and that what we got even though it was a rumour,, there a rumour that the new Xbox will be named just “Xbox it be 8GB ram etc etc.

Anyhow when ps4 or whatever it called it be link to your PSN account it be quite silly if Sony don’t give you 4k HD backwards compatibly but we wait till E3.

I’m more intrigue about vita plus gravity rush and the vita features. :)

FaSt_X_MoViN 19 November, 2012 @ 12:34 am   98

cannot wait for new gta!!

FaSt_X_MoViN 19 November, 2012 @ 12:34 am   99

cannot wait for new gta!!

NickPreveza 19 November, 2012 @ 12:37 am   100

Any new game for ps+?

cthulhu85 19 November, 2012 @ 2:47 pm   101

@Crack-Davidson: Ahh, my bad. I didn’t read the previous post and though you were complaining about cross-buy in general. Then yeah, that’s stupid.

tom-359-ds 19 November, 2012 @ 4:06 pm   102

Hi Fred,

there is a lot of new stuff. But could you explain how to access the PSN Store without infecting my console with the malware / spam called singstar. Still waiting for a solution.

CoolRichy008UK 19 November, 2012 @ 4:19 pm   103

tom-359-ds DONT TALK SUCK RUBBISH

only way to get on the ps3 store is the ps store link and it has not got malware / spam in it singstar has not got no malware in it if your trying to make sony look bad and make people think the singstar app has got malware in it congrats well done you have officialy made sony look bad

CoolRichy008UK 19 November, 2012 @ 4:21 pm   104

ye what whatshisname said Voodoo341 your dinner is under the bridge with a deadly trap waiting to shut you up like people been saying

Voodoo341 STOP MOANING

@CoolRichy008UK
Thought you said you were going to be nice haha!

tom-359-ds 19 November, 2012 @ 6:28 pm   106

@CoolRichy008UK

You don’t get. I don’t say singstar contains malware. I say singstar is malware. There are some simple argument:
- I don’t want it.
- I can’t delete.
- It spoils my PS3 experience.
The real difference to other malware is: you know the culprit. Sony is the bad guy, the company you handed over some money for your ps3.

Crack-Davidson 19 November, 2012 @ 8:58 pm   107

@ cthulhu85

No worries. They might even fix it….

@ FRED

Any news on the wipeout deal we were talking about??

Crack-Davidson 19 November, 2012 @ 8:59 pm   108

I honestly went to a store to buy a PSN card just to get this package only to later find out it was only for ps3. :(

@ XzSlLENTSNIPERzX
yes as We is known as procion the official Playstation (Home) bunny/rabbit then we must say We does likes your rabbit very much but we wants to know what does the Bagginses have is it’s pockets? Well we shall be finding out from December 12 in a cinema near you. My Preciousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss-ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss..
We thinks we poses juuuust like Winona Rider in some of our movie shots. We have similar looks we thinks…
Aw and nasty hobbitses can keeps their rotten chipses. WE likes our coneys squirming then fresh off the bone ‘ollummm. Now where is it? They sssssstole it from usssssss BAGGGINNNS. Sméééééagol, We mussst makes Master to send the fat hobbit home hey Gollum? The fat hobbit knows…Then, after we takes Master to Her, & once She has finished with Master we finds Precious waiting for uss in the dregs & Precious will me mine, ‘ollummmm… I, I means Ours: Precious will be ours again & we will shew HER, we shew thems ALL who is Master, FOREVEEEEEER…. ‘ollummm
Eh, yes SNIPER you has a very nice rabbit, ‘ollummm

@ ASMODEANBT

“The Wheel weaves as The Wheel wills.”
The Singstar icon is only an icon isn’t it? It’s a small square of data easily Forsaken if you can choose to ignore it. If that is all it is then call it a replacement for the University research icon we used to have under Home. It’s nothing, a biteme…

maniac81 20 November, 2012 @ 7:40 am   111

When will spamstar icon be removed from mine XMB????

Heya Fred,
I have some criticisms for you here, but I’m going to be constructive with them & also hope that this blog post has not aged considerably for you to have missed reading My post herein & also that after reading if you can please pass my concerns & suggestions to the relevant folk such as Grace Chen over at SNEA & her SCEE counterpart as well as the folk whom are behind making top-end decisions. Thank you.
My concerns is this new store. Now I know it’s still early after it’s launch, & being an online almost app that things like this always have teething issues, but I have serious issues using the store, finding my way around the store & importantly finding New items en masse as I was used to in the the blue store.
Which leads me on to my next concern & I think I speak for many folk, tho many others would be fine with this, some folk whom may not realise Why they have not been visiting so much, browsing therein nor spending as much therein, & I believe your sales & entry hitrate will reflect this but…(I’m almost out of room here Fred, I’m going to continue on the next post box I can fill in & enter in 10-15 mins)

(cont. from last post)
…I believe that that dark colour schemes of the store is actually offputting psychologically to Many folk from thinking about going into there, looking or Trying to look for interesting new content, or believe it or not hanging-out in there(I commonly used to, & I didn’t realise I was doing this, hang out In the store at times whilst awaiting Home to weekly update amongst other timeframes). The nice relaxing & vibrant PS blue of that store welcomed me in or made me want to visit & commonly I found myself finding & Buying content I wouldn’t normally have bought or found usually.
Now sadly I have issues finding content, finding New content in the manner I’m used to(the myriad music track items in the latest add-on section put me off from trying to find or even see the gems I want from the many AAA games I continually buy). Some dlc Items give no clue even to what Game they are suppose to append to. Also I really need the qwerty keyboard back so I can quickly type in what I want. Once again a block is there stopping many from thinking about making a search. I miss My blue store. I miss the selection, departments, the speed of getting around (cont.)

(cont.)
(I just updated to 1.01 yet on trying to fill wallet the app froze. I had to go to Account Settings to fill my wallet)
I had more to add but I’m out of room so I will finish with a solution. As my nana used to say if it ain’t broke then why try to fix it. I can only guess this new store is here to be compatible with future PS projects but I would like to see the option for those whom want the blue store to still have access to it as I can see nothing wrong with it, I actuallt think it has more going for it than this new app type store but that is only my opinion as is all of what I believe here in these posts. Those him want change or whom are not worried with the new store should have the option to use this new app style store as they see fit to. After all this new store has been forced upon us. At the moment we have no choice But to use it. I would like to be given the choice please Sony. That’s all…
Thanks for reading Fred & team. Thank you all at Sony for everything you do for us, for the Playstation universe. & thank you too to all you gamers out there as well just for being you :) peace…

supersmith2500 20 November, 2012 @ 5:35 pm   115

@Fred:
I heard rumours that Doom I & II are coming to Store tommorrow? Is it true?

supersmith2500 20 November, 2012 @ 5:46 pm   116

@Fred:
Doom I & II finally gets a PSN release? No way! Sounds like the PS Store update could be great after all, except there’s still no info on RCR not might not be likely to be out tommorrow but hey, it’s still coming though but not for long now. Except Jet Set Radio for the Vita is out tommorow as well. Besides, the Vita needs some good games after all.

maniac81 20 November, 2012 @ 9:32 pm   117

Why was my valid question removed?

I will ask again. When will spamstar be removed from my XMB?

tom-359-ds 22 November, 2012 @ 8:36 pm   118

So Fred as Sony closed the comments on singstar-spam without any solution you get my final remark here. Your company deeply messed up my gaming experience on which I spent a lot of money. When I do my Christmas shopping and the spam is still on my ps3 I’ll by a XBox. From then on I’ll stay clear off any Sony-Product for ever.

tom-359-ds 22 November, 2012 @ 8:38 pm   119

Sony closed the comments on singstar-spam without any solution so you get my final remark here.