Posted 3:00pm

Introducing Uncharted: Fight For Fortune for PS Vita

FFF_SCEE_ENGLISH_logo

Hi everyone! This is Chris Reese, Co-Director of Bend Studio, and I am excited to announce Uncharted Fight for Fortune, an original title coming to PlayStation Store exclusively for PS Vita in early December (pricing TBC).

Uncharted Fight for Fortune is an action-adventure turn-based card game featuring the heroes and villains from the Uncharted universe. Take a look at a video of the game in action below to give you an idea of how combat works in the game.

So you’re probably wondering, how exactly does Fight For Fortune work? I’ll explain. The core gameplay involves creating a team of Faction cards featuring heroes, villains and mercenaries from the Uncharted universe, and using that team to defeat your opponent while defending yourself from their attacks.

Each Faction card can be equipped with powerful Resource and valuable Fortune cards, which enhance their stats and give them special abilities. Once you’ve selected and equipped a card, it’s time to head into battle!

During combat, attacks either reduce the health of opposing Faction cards or the health of your opponent. Defeating an opposing Faction card removes it from play, while reducing the health of your Opponent to zero wins you the game.

The rich lore that surrounds the Uncharted universe gave us the opportunity to create Uncharted: Golden Abyss, complete with lush, artefact-filled environments. With over 300 treasures to be found, we wanted to find a way to allow our fans to delve deeper into the artefact collections and mysteries of the Uncharted universe.

Along with the release of Uncharted Fight for Fortune, we will also release a new patch for Uncharted: Golden Abyss that will power up the artefacts that you’ve collected for immediate use within Fight for Fortune. Using the artefacts found within Golden Abyss, you can go to battle with other players as well as AI opponents. The game can also be played independently of Golden Abyss, so owning the PS Vita title is not required.

Bend Studio Co-Director John Garvin and I have led the charge on Uncharted Fight for Fortune since the launch of Uncharted: Golden Abyss to take the Uncharted experience even further. In addition to our close collaboration with Naughty Dog, we are also pleased to introduce One Loop Games, a team of talented industry veterans who worked closely with us to chart new ground in the Uncharted universe.

There will be much more to talk about as we quickly approach the launch date so keep your PS Vita handy and get ready to go fortune hunting!

FFF_COVER_ENGLISH

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

65 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first

turbogeek421 19 November, 2012 @ 3:05 pm   1

Sticking a pretty face on a game that I won’t enjoy. Will keep holding out for a “real” Uncharted game…

Gamesgbkiller 19 November, 2012 @ 3:06 pm   2

I hope its worth the name of ” UNCHARTED ”
Thanks :)

Ps Mobile game?

Some questions:

1. You say that Golden Abyss collectables will power up your cards, but that Golden Abyss isn’t required to play the game. How are you balancing this aspect?

2. Platinum trophy?

3. Does it feature some one liners from Nolan North and company?

4. How long would you say a typical match lasts?

5. Can you play against AI?

Thanks!

It looks cool if you like card games;) + I wish ‘Magic The Gathering’ would come to the PSVita to:P

not really my sort of game,not really uncharted either!will give this a very wide berth.

left4bread3 19 November, 2012 @ 3:30 pm   7

An uncharted top trumps game -___- srsly? srsly!

SpitelordDekka 19 November, 2012 @ 3:30 pm   8

Oh boy, MORE shovelware!

Your joking right? Here we have a Games Console thats selling poorly everywhere in the world due to a slowdown of “Great” games and so you end up making a card game add-on Wow :(

I love my Vita but there are many times where I feel did I make the right choice buying this as I never had this feeling when I first bought my psp or previous playstation consoles all those years ago.

Sony what we need is proper I mean “BIG” games to appeal the masses :D

Can not wait!

RemyX-1988 19 November, 2012 @ 3:44 pm   11

Nothing against the people that are doing their jobs in creating this game, but I won’t be buying it. It’s not something I’m interested in. As much as I love the “Uncharted” series, I won’t be playing a card game with Drake and friends.

Sorry…

I would, however, buy a spin-off game with Elena Fisher as the main character… ;)

Well apparently I’m the only person that thinks this sounds cool :P

Oh man I feel so sorry for people who where duped into buying a Vita. They should have waited a year to see what kind of support would really come not what sony “promised”. And as for this card game it looks like something was in development but didn’t have any market appeal so they slapped Uncharted on it to give it legs. Way to start whoring out one of your most respected franchises sony :D

It’s releasing games like this that make the Vita the laughing stock of the gaming world!! FAIL

What a Stupid move! This sort of rubbish should be out on smartphones or similar, not on Sony’s flagship handheld! I am now officially ashamed I own a Vita, it took some time, but I am finally there..

Ok, guys keep it cool. I will buy this game.
But i have one question. If someone bought DLC for U:GA which gave you the location of all of the collectibles will it also show the location of the cards?

Bloody hell, people on here love to moan don’t they? Some of you make it sound like Sony have been ploughing huge resources into this rather than make a ‘proper’ game. It’s just a small, cheap downloadable title that probably started out as DLC for Golden Abyss. Don’t like it, don’t buy it, simple.

Huono_peleis 19 November, 2012 @ 4:04 pm   18

Absolutely pathetic.

????? ???? ???? ^^ Oh man i hate card games in reall life i hate for gaming too, seriously guys something more creative must to bo about the best vita game like a new dlc story or multiplayer or a new game maybe ? if the next uncharted game for vita is cart racing seriously i throw my vita out the window :)… top down shooter uncharted…… oh my God nooooooooooooooooooo :)

The point isn’t that we don’t like it, don’t buy it. We are frustrated that we have all supported the VITA from launch, yet as a console it’s not being taken care of the way it should. You would think after all the problems with the PSP more effort would have been put into it. To release a trailer on the back of an ‘exciting’ blog post like that is misleading, because all we are getting is what could have been a mobile game instead..

For a device that should be capable of playing AAA games, I’m not seeing anything beyond a B or strong C title out for it right now.

This is another reason that my vita sits turned off for %97 of the time. Come on Sony, make something good for a change. Not this rubbish.

Sure the console isn’t selling well and Sony need to do more, but personally I think there are plenty of top quality titles on Vita. Not every game is going to be a AAA, and this game is not trying to be that, it’s just a cheap downloadable title that all consoles have!

so this is basicly DLC for golden abyss?

this NEEDS to be under £10 or no buy. i love uncharted and have all the games but a card game? abit boring, although if its under £10 i will buy just because is uncharted!

is the charectors based around golden abyss or all uncharted games, e.g: eddy raja?

Richard Yap 19 November, 2012 @ 5:22 pm

Chris mentions in the post you don’t need the original game to play.

Pricing will be closer to the U.S.

Additional cards and characters will be based on Uncharted 2 & 3.

O1d8oy_23 19 November, 2012 @ 4:15 pm   24

You’re all right. Tragedy. Another game on Vita. The fact that you spoiled kids do not like this game does not mean that someone else will not enjoy playing it. Don’t like it? Don’t buy it! Grow up and stop whining!

archangelraziel1 19 November, 2012 @ 4:17 pm   25

Oh god, Sony please stop releasing these garbages.
We want some QUALITY games. >>> Q U A L I T Y!!!!!! <<
It sucks to own a high end quad core gaming system running crappy apps and garbage games like these.

ONLINE MULTIPLAYER?!

supersmith2500 19 November, 2012 @ 4:26 pm   27

The Vita needs more HQ games from PS3. Not crappy smartphone/3DS games like this. >_<

The Vita is a powerhouse of all handhelds and it's being treated real bad. I think the Vita is going downhill.

For the people saying dont like it, dont buy it, I understand that some people may like this type of stuff but 90% of people who bought a Vita bought it for a PS3 experience in your hands/on the go, not for card games…. Also yes there are some great “Big” games for Vita already out but at the moment we are at a standstill were there is hardly nothing except the new Killzone.
All the rest of the vita games coming out are either ps3 ports or mini-games :(

And to make matters worse, it looks like this is being made by Bend Studios, who surely could put their talent to better use :) instead of card games

Marrsterhausen 19 November, 2012 @ 4:34 pm   30

Vita saved! Yay!

supersmith2500 19 November, 2012 @ 4:36 pm   31

I mean come on the Vita is seriously lacking great HQ games to play on and ONLY a few were good while the rest were garbage 3DS ports or half-finished.

I mean come on Bend is this what you come up with?

Good grief, as if making this game is stopping AAA titles being made! It’s nearly not worth reading forums anymore, people just moaning for moanings sake.

Looks like a good game to me, will be interesting to see how much it costs.

It cost $5 in USA. Plus I have deleted my save from my Vita because I thought i was “finished!” :/

INS1GHTFUL 19 November, 2012 @ 4:50 pm   34

i read on eurogamer this is going to be $5. that sounds like a fair price for a casual little time killer. im on board…although if Bend can work on another uncharted vita game that would be much preferred. golden abyss was excellent!

At first I thought it would have been fun (well done card game add-ons can be quite good, if done right), but towards the end of the video my opinion changed to “ugh, another money-grab”. I see this being put on PS+ in a few months time, without DLC of course so they can try and squeeze that little out of you.

CHRIZZYYY08 19 November, 2012 @ 5:11 pm   36

I feel physically sick, this is no laughing matter I’ve supported your console from day one i bought ‘uncharted golden abyss’ and tbh was underwhelmed by it and tbh there ant bin one decent game on the Vita apart from LBP its doing badly everywhere because you won’t push out its true potential of the console your not releasing games that people wanna see sorry but the first year should show people why they should buy into something like this and after this year your consumers won’t trust you its been a poor year every game is got below average reviews and its pretty obvious this console has already flopped i was hyped when it was first announced but all the promises all the great games were not as it was protrade on screen your console has flopped and I’m not wasting another single peny on it, its a shame it is powerful but its not about the power its about how you use it.

Stonesthrow 19 November, 2012 @ 5:18 pm   37

Why put the name Uncharted on this? Sure it’ll get spotted more easily that way but it also feels like milking this great series to promote something else.. I can already see some uninformed people getting angry over this, expecting it to be a sequel to Golden abyss and getting a cardgame instead. I sure hope they don’t do this too often..

personally i like games like this rage of bamahut and the like, its a side project from a vita developer its not meant to be a system seller take it for what it is a fun game that wont cost too much.

Sure are a lot of moaning children on here. Card games can be incredibly fun.

declan__watson 19 November, 2012 @ 6:05 pm   40

Hello fellow bloggers
Great new game Chris I will be getting my vita for Christmas so I might buy a copy of this.
@Elwaster
Stop being so rude and ignorant grow up. I think it looks like a great game to play and you just come in and stamp all over it and don’t say disrespectful things like releasing it on smartphones maybe they might in the future you don’t know. Also don’t say it’s releasing rubbish like this, number 1 it’s not rubbish its great and it does not make vita the Laughing stock the 3ds is the laughing stock even the wii u will.
@archangelraziel1
Stop being so rude and disrespectful it’s not garbage why you talking rubbish for. It’s a good game like a lot of people said just because you can’t except that don’t complain we don’t care.
Apart from two ill mannered people great game. I’m sure it will be a great launch. LongLivePlay Sony Make.Believe

declan__watson 19 November, 2012 @ 6:09 pm   41

@shakh
Yes I totally agree with you they probably are kids from Microsoft or nintendo platforms who just can’t except new brilliant games just because sony is the best company ever and that playstation is the legends in gaming. LonLivePlay Sony Make.believe

thymeparadox 19 November, 2012 @ 6:56 pm   42

And in comes the money!

There really is no suiting you blog moaners!
You want more Vita games but complain about every release.
You moan that there’s nothing but shooters then moan at every game that isn’t a generic franchise FPS.

And I really don’t understand the resentment at companies trying to monetise products, what exactly do you think companies exist for…to entertain your puny minds at a perpetual financial loss?!!
You don’t HAVE to buy every game, nobody is taking your money unless you choose to make the purchase.
Oh, and don’t get me started about the contradiction between moaning that a game is rubbish that nobody will buy and moaning that it is a cheap money making ploy.

Please do feel free to start up your own developer studio and launch your own console so you can set the world to rights one CoD clone at a time!

MordecaiHunter 19 November, 2012 @ 7:24 pm   44

Japanese Charts from last week: PS Vita sells 4k, PSP sells 12k

It would help the vita if EU got the missing games that the US have got i,e Dokuro for a start !

Dante_Zero 19 November, 2012 @ 7:30 pm   45

Looks pretty good and a nice side project to dip into every now and again with the asynchronous multi-player. I just hope we get another full fledged Uncharted on psvita.

Chaosprower 19 November, 2012 @ 7:57 pm   46

I’m sorry but looking at the video it looks a bit rubbish, even for a card game. And the fact that one of the features highlighted in the video is “Get more cards through DLC” is a bit pathetic. It would have been better as a “freemium” Playstation Mobile game, a platform that nobody seems to acknowledge its existence.

Voodoo341 19 November, 2012 @ 8:15 pm   47

This looks like more shameless milking of the cash cow that is Uncharted.

ZzZzZzZzZz… wha.. what what!? Uncharted! Awesome, huh what card game?…. ZzZzZzZzZzZz…

i have plated U:GA but don’t know if the save is on my vita card still, will it pick up on the trophies i earned to get the card power ups.

Voodoo341 19 November, 2012 @ 8:43 pm   50

That’ll sell a million Vitas….. not!

Load all