Posted 10:40am

PS Vita System Software update 2.00: all the details

Hey there everybody. As announced last week , PS Vita System Software update 2.00 arrives today, paving the way for PS Plus support for the system, which rolls out tomorrrow.

However, there are a number of other changes inbound too. One of the major feature enhancements has been to the browser, with updates to display performance and general functionality. You will now also be able to Tweet a link from directly within the browser.

The 2.00 update also introduces new Content Manager features, allowing wireless content transfer between PS Vita and PC. Users will also be able to browse folders on their PC or PlayStation 3 system and copy them right onto their PS Vita.

Elsewhere, a new email app has also been added to the browser that allows users to add up to five email accounts and 5,000 contacts. On-screen notifications let PS Vita players know when they’ve received a message so you can keep in touch anywhere, anytime.

Here’s a quick summary of what you can expect to see once you’ve downloaded the update:

Web Browser

• Enhanced performance of the web browser along with improved support of HTML 5 and JavaScript.
  • PS Vita users will have the ability to Tweet web page addresses.

• PS Vita users will be able to check, read and send email directly from the system.

Content Management

• PS Vita users will be able to wirelessly transfer content between PS Vita and PC, in addition to browsing folders on PS3/PC and copying them to PS Vita.
  • Display photos imported via PS3 and PC.

Settings for PSone classics

• PS Vita users will be able to assign controller buttons to touchscreen, rear touch pad and buttons on their system.
  • Custom screen mode option for flexible screen size adjustment.

For more information and a full list of enhancements, see our full 2.00 FAQ.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

108 Comments 7 Author replies
Show oldest first

Hey, do you know the exact time of the release in the US AND Europe?
Also, when are the results for the weekend debate (shooters; love em or hate em) coming out?

Fred Dutton 20 November, 2012 @ 10:59 am

Weekend debate winners have been announced in the original thread. Prizes being sent out asap.

As for the release, the update is live in most EU territories now. You Plus games will follow on tomorrow, likely within the weekly Store update.

Got it this morning, most notable change is the addition of the email- application. Update went nice and smoothly, thanks for this post with the update details.

I noticed the Store also got an update. Will we get a similar post stating the changelog for that one? Will it fix the PS Plus and shopping (trying to get the demo after buying the unlock key) issues? Will it sort out the Download list? Any new features? (Sorry, for going off-topic..)

Fred Dutton 20 November, 2012 @ 10:57 am

I’ll check-in and see exactly what the Store changes are. If they’re substantial I will certainly pass them on.

Excellent update. One question though, how does automatic update work? I can’t seem to find a way to schedule the update like on PS3 so when does that happen?

Nice update, really looking forward to PS Plus for the Vita and the email feature is a pleasant surprise. Initially I didn’t see any use for it, seeing as email is so readily accessible on phones these days, but actually it could be handy for sharing screenshots and photos (if you use the camera).

PS- a little off topic but the PS3 browser could really do with some attention too. The Vita browser has been improved nicely but the PS3 browser is old and really feels it, I’m teleported back to 2007 every time I try to use it.

PPS- completely off topic sorry but…
Fred, can you please pass on to the PlayStation App team that despite yet another update to the Android app, blog comment posting STILL doesn’t work.

Fred Dutton 20 November, 2012 @ 11:03 am

We’re working on a significant update for the app that should fix these issues. More news on that soon.

extermin8or_ 20 November, 2012 @ 11:08 am   6

Yay this update sounds great,I heard the browser has better html5 support? Also you hint are it but never say it outright. Thanks for the post-do you know if the pen store on bits is going to get an aesthetic Makeover to make it match ps3s that design feels Ike itwould work better on a touch device such ad the vital… :p

Oh, the Content Manager only works wirelessly with the PC? That’s a bummer, it should do the same with the PS3. Still, nice update :)

Hi Fred,
Could you explain how to use the automatic save copy for Vita software?
I went to the Content Management app and chose to copy to the Online Storage, checked several titles, entered their info page and checked the automatic copy as well (they were marked by a green downward arrow). After the copying the saves finished, the automatic copy option seemed to reset. Did I do something wrong? Can I turn on the automat ic sync without entering the Content Manager app, like on the PS3? On the PS3 it offers you to turn on auto-sync the first time you run a game, it doesn’t seem to be this way on the Vita.

Thanks

Browser is excellent looking forward to the P Plus update tomoz

greggypoos 20 November, 2012 @ 11:16 am   10

Great stuff, thanks.
Is there an idiot’s guide to setting up the email app? I couldn’t get it to work with my hotmail account.
Thanks.

Dr-abdulelah 20 November, 2012 @ 11:18 am   11

why sony don’t add arabic language to ps vita or ps3
i hope some one can answer this question

Very nice update. Could I ask why is possible to copy just the savegames via Plus, while instead I still have to copy an entire game via Pc? Also when “comment near name” editing on Vita? Thanks.

Has there/will there be any improvement to the psone compatibility list? Desperate to play Future Cop LAPD on my vita…

pinkplaybunny 20 November, 2012 @ 11:22 am   14

Updated it from my bed this morning! Bring on the free games!

@Dr-abdulelah I’m guessing implementing a right-to-left language (like Arabic or Hebrew) is harder to do than adding another left to right language (like Turkish that was added right now). If a system wasn’t developed with right-to-left languages in mind, it can sometimes take years until official support arrives (that was the case with iPod/iPhone) I doubt you’ll see support for Arabic any time soon, and I doubt Hebrew support will arrive at all.

Nice update. I like that you can assign buttons to the touch screen for PS1 games as i don’t like to use the rear touch screen, gets in the way of holiday the vita comfortably and i always touch it by accident. I also like the little message you get when you go into a PS1 game telling you about keeping your finger on the touch screen for the extra options as i know a lot of people had trouble with that.

The auto-upload for saves doesn’t work.

I go into Content Manager on my Vita, go onto cloud saves, press the little ‘i’ button next to the save I want to set to auto-upload, and tick the “Upload Automatically” checkbox. Then when I go back a little green arrow appears next to it for a few seconds, and then disappears whenever the page refreshes (such as scrolling, or after a few seconds). When I click the ‘i’ button again, the “Upload Automatically” checkbox has been automatically unchecked. Repeat ad infinitum.

Any chance on getting this fixed soon? It’s rather annoying.

ultimaweapon20 20 November, 2012 @ 11:26 am   18

Will Resident Evil 2 ever be fixed??

LIKE-NO-ONE 20 November, 2012 @ 11:29 am   19

Is there any way that the Vita won’t actually “connect to the network” every minute? I mean why can it be connected all the time like the PS3.

AshishSahoo 20 November, 2012 @ 11:34 am   20

Hey Fred,
I am looking forward to being a plus member tomorrow, but I hope someone can answer a few of my questions. My earlier posts were neglected,
1. Can we redeem our free ps3 games on vita ? I mean that can I add ps3 igc games on my download list using vita? Really important for me as I don’t use my ps3 often and I would hate to miss on a major part of ps plus offers.
2.Would you add atleast one retail game to vita igc every month, I would hate to see only downloadable games on vita igc.
Thanks in advance. Please reply asap.

how long does all the updates take as I will be a new owner in 35 days time?

I too can’t set my game saves to upload automatically. Shows I’ve ticked the box, then after a few seconds it’s not ticked anymore.

Bug? Probably… Fred, can you let the developers know please?

I think there is a technical issue with the http://blog.eu.playstation.com/. I am using firefox 16.02 and the home page is telling me that you are doing maintenance. That has been more than a week. And i am using chrome and everything is fine. Please look into it.

belmont_gr 20 November, 2012 @ 11:46 am   24

Hi Fred,

Great update, the e-mail app works like a charm.

I have a question.

I see that the Turkish language has been added. I have asked before but can you request one more time the addition of the Greek language? I can reed my e-mails but I’ d like Greek keybord to replay or to use twitter!

The only thing that put me off the PSVita was the slow internet browser(this is 2012 in’it) :D , so i might pick one up soon :P (even tho the games are the most important thing at the end of the day)

#23 It’s not a problem with the site – if it was, it would do the same on any browser. The problem is your cache – clear it out. Job done.

PS,, is that on topic?

manutreble 20 November, 2012 @ 11:59 am   27

Hey Fred how about adding a twitter notification when ya playing the games and if someone tweets you and don’t have to use the phone to see it

Apart from the Plus stuff needing to be added/changed in the FW, this is a trivial update. If you’re gonna make trivial updates, add a damn calculator application.

Being able to side scroll on your Vita home pages instead of up/down would be a good feature eventually.

Folder support, and more pages eventually too, to accommodate the amount of icons needed for Plus would be much appreciated!

R3dC3llTran3 20 November, 2012 @ 12:05 pm   30

Nice vita update.The browser runs better now iam actually sending this with my vita will be there an update to use copy and paste on vita?
Btw Fred i didnt receive the debate prize yet, and can you check your ps3 inbox i kinda need help. Thanks

I don’t think this is the right place to write this.

I don’t hope Sony get angry because I’m going to write something which they would maybe not want me to write… but I just want to help.

Sony are selling a new Slim model and stopped producing their past PS3 models. They can do exactly the same thing with the next upcoming Playstation console. If the PS3 is the cause of the loss(I’m not sure) then make the PS4 support every PS3 stuff and give us a Cloud Gaming console.

By that way you never have to think about logistic, distribution, CD copy costs, gaming box production cost and much more.

I’m not the big veteran within this part of Sony but… I’m a loyal one and if my console is the problem then develop a new one which will support everything you created. Then you don’t have to produce the PS3 anymore.

And no it will not damage Sony’s reputation. I won’t spit on a company I have known for over half of my life. They just gave me a new Playstation in 2013 which will somehow have the PS3 and the PS4 stuff built in. Why should I not buy it? Their games CAN be cheaper, look MUCH better and have the old stuff built in too.

You can delete this comment if it’s necessary. I just wanted to help.

TINTINTB303 20 November, 2012 @ 12:12 pm   32

@Fred

I don’t know if it down to 2.0 but I started up Everybody’s Golf after doing the update and ALL my progress/save has vanished!!!

Can you find out if this is at all related to 2.0 or a different problem/reason.

Tried using content manager to use an earlier save but no joy. The game is still treating me as a new player/owner.

It’s a download copy NOT a retail copy if that is important.

Cheers

TINTIN

MonsterRacer 20 November, 2012 @ 12:12 pm   33

Hi Fred,

We now have 10 tabs on the vita to save the icons of games or apps.
Can you please extand to more? I’m running out of tabs ;-)

Would be great otherwise i need to delete some of the icons to save newones.

Thanks

“Enhanced performance of the web browser along with improved support of HTML 5 and JavaScript.”

if it use HTML5 & javascript it not very good because still vita broswer doesn’t play videos on certain sites ,take youtube you cant watch vids so what we got is basiclly a basic “Text/pictrue” that is all vita can do videos if it wants too. :(

Nice update for the browser, you should add that it can now be used wile you have a game open. The button mapping for the PSOne emulator looks fantastic too, it’ll make games that use L2 and R2 much more playable on the Vita.

Biggest wish now – h264 support in the browser, so I can stream videos from HTML5 websites. Heck, doesn’t even have to be in the browser, just forwarding the video link to the video player and have it stream it would be fine. That’s how my Android phone does it.

Great update! One thing I’ve noticed with the email app though. When you add a contact from an email it puts the first name and surname around the wrong way in the contact card. I still can’t get it to play nice with my iCloud email, why was there not an easy setup for Apple email. Come on grow up Sony, will you guys ever play nicely and share you toys!

super

Dante_Zero 20 November, 2012 @ 12:35 pm   38

great update. Only feedback i can offer outside of what people have already said is to have some work done on the Facebook app. Being able to run it it the background instead of it having to close everything down every time it’s used.

Thanks, keep up the good work and improvements with vita

(p.s. not to nag but no COD:Declassified code has hit my inbox. Just thought i’d update date you Fred :) ).

SuperJag86 20 November, 2012 @ 12:37 pm   39

The one major thing that was missing in this update is the folder support for apps. That or increase the number of pages available as with the minis, PSone, PSP and Vita titles I have I can easily reach the maximum.
The update has lots of useful additions so I’m happy but I really need folder support soon!

When will we get the ability to take screenshots of PSP and PSOne games? I’m sick of having to take offscreen photos -_-

Did anyone manage to do a WiFi sync? I installed the latest version of the PC Content Manager Assistant, checked the box to allow WiFi connection, but still can’t find my PC on the Vita. Any help?

DBcoopmore 20 November, 2012 @ 12:50 pm   42

damn I was hoping to be able to flip browser portrait!

chrisboers 20 November, 2012 @ 12:53 pm   43

@CoolRicky008UK please stop the CAPS, and stop trolling. Vita has nothing to do with Android.

Nothing.

Great update, particularly impressed with the Email having Yahoo Mail built in as an option :)

This is a reasonable START.

But Vita needs SO much more. I can’t believe it’s not being used to target WiiU.

PSVita needs:

1) More Remote Play Functionality. BRING BACK THE STORE. BRING BACK iPLAYER. BRING BACK SINGSTAR! Losing Remote Play for applications is RIDICULOUS at this stage, where I’d expect 2 or 3 games to be added to Remote Play EACH WEEK. It’s pathetic that this isn’t happening.

2) PSP had a “lock” function so you couldn’t accidentally hit a button, say when you’re watching a video. I am ALWAYS knocking the shoulder buttons when watching stuff either on Vita or remotely from PS3, and it BAFFLES me that this isn’t a feature. Mostly when I’m tucked in bed watching something under the covers! It’s incredibly frustrating.

3) Ditch the stupid “bubbly” menu screens. It looks, and works, CRAP. Vita should have been positioned as a companion to the PS3, e.g. with something akin to the XMB. The “bubbly” OS thing is just a disorganised, awful mess. I hate it, not because it’s difficult to use – it isn’t, really – it just looks terrible and is fiddly to organise. Whereas the XMB worked great. Trying to be clever, and failing.

@CoolRicky008UK

REALLY? an android ripoff? LOL! your prefetic.

fred i though this update was coming tommorow but hey im glad its here today! :)

Bumblebee 20 November, 2012 @ 1:00 pm   47

4) Vita should have more (some?) cross-controller compatibility. If anything, it should ALWAYS be able to be substituted for a Dual-Shock controller. Minus the rumble, of course. Resident Evil 6 would have been SO much better with Vita controls rather than the terrible menu system it used.

5) Please, when I am Remote-Playing, let ME decide where I want to put the R2, R3, L2 and L3 buttons. Not just for playing PS1 games… DO NOT FORGET REMOTE PLAY, SONY. It’s frustrating when you accidentally touch the back panel when watching a film, and it goes awry.

6) DO NOT FORGET REMOTE PLAY.

7) AGAIN, DO NOT FORGET REMOTE PLAY.

8) Some games would be nice.

9) There is so much more but I’m at work.

Lots of love,

A Frustrated Vita Owner.

any confirmation yet from SCEE that we can add titles to our ps3 for later download on the vita? SCEA said “yep” on their blog but because of discrepancies between the two – would like for someone at SCEE to confirm we can

vita and an android the same – hmmm don’t think so I’m getting vita for xmas – the hubb a Samsung tablet the tech stats definitely don’t look the same and well can’t play Persona 4 on a tablet…yet

im so glad you got rid of that annoying grey backround on web browser

I LOVE THE EMAIL APP! :) fred can you ask to update the facebook at the text is too small and i can barely read it!

Crack-Davidson 20 November, 2012 @ 1:09 pm   51

Does the e-mail app support Hotmail??

Please answer

And you haven’t said anything about the wipeout thing…

manutreble 20 November, 2012 @ 1:10 pm   52

@coolrichy why did you bothered commenting on this when you don’t like it

Much needed update. But:

Please add multiple accounts.
Please let me use the Vita as a controller for PS3.
Please add remote play.

now we need an official playstation app / ps blog app

this is great but any update on remote play coming to more games? it was advertised as coming for killzone 3 at least? thanks

tim0manskywalker 20 November, 2012 @ 1:40 pm   56

Hi, slightly off topic question here:
I’ve been trying to pre-order PS all stars battle royale from AU PSN but was unable to find it, Can you check on this? Heaps of thanks!

Can we also copy wirelessly from Mac or only from PC?

do your part, flag coolricky as abuse/spam/grief

During the update my PSVita got a Blue Light of Death.
Just revored it and it’s ok again. Second time this is happening, not happy about that.

Can somebody help?.If i download a vita plus game on vita can i save that full game to ps3 as to keep it when the free games rotate so i can then delete off my vita then down the line re download from the ps3 so keeping the game collection is this possible?

great update Fred but,1) why not wirelessly transfer content between ps3? with pc its amazing to do that and works fine 2) after the update in settings menu i see the PSM Runtime Package what is that? i select it and update in version 1.0 the PSM store is not available to Greek store 3) the email app not support hotmail you must do that manual there some tutorial how to do that? i don’t know what is host name, IMAP protocol, outgoing mail, incoming mail ? please answer or anyone else know how to use hotmail in this app? Thanks

@B_BOPPER You don’t need to save the full game to PS3. It will stay in your download list forever. So go ahead and delete it.
Make sure the save files are uploaded to your cloud. Thats a new function and I’m not sure if it works.
Hope that helps :-)

love email.
stil need remote play.

need lots good games like ragnorak odysee – MONSTERHUNTER ? … hury upp vita wil only gain momentum by
1 = cheaper price vita
2 = cheaper price mem cards
3 = lots beter games = only wil come when u sel enof vita

on ps3 only 4 tings needed before total happy
1= u tube
2= in store be abbel to use prepay cards !!!!
3= europe on same day like al rest + corect price in store
4= remove spam singstar

ps4 = 400-499€ no ps3 games = 400€
good mem so lesser freezes
dowloading in background = when u play .

Hi Fred is sonic 1 and 2 coming to plus this week?

ABTR
u can pic option to input u self other type of mail :)

option = other

@Otto T.Yeah i get it now thanks.

@Tieske the Mac appears to have been updated as well, although I haven’t managed to get the sync working on PC or Mac

Web browser is a lot better, still not great but it’s good. Can definitely see myself using it occasionally when not around my laptop and phone.

DAYDANNY666 20 November, 2012 @ 2:19 pm   70

“which rolls out tomorrrow”
I downloaded “2.00 today and installed it!
Finally can use web browser in game yey.

@Tieske ignore my previous comment, it’s working on MAc. My PC still doesn’t connect, though

Motorstorm RC is on offer for £3.19 and the offer ends tomorrow. Does that mean tonight or tomorrow night? If it’s tomorrow night then we’ll get an extra 20% off the £3.19?

RealHunnymonster 20 November, 2012 @ 2:28 pm   73

So, when PSPlus comes to the Vita how do we think it will look for those of us with kids (who have a Vita and whose parents did the honest thing and didn’t lie at the start to give the kids their own “full” account)? – my bet is that I’ll still not be able to buy a “Plus” for the sub-account and nor will the sub-account inherit my “Plus” so your next generation of customers will be put off once more.

The idea that the Plus isn’t allowed because under 18s can’t enter a rolling contract is risible – it’s simple, then don’t allow it to be auto-renewed on a sub-account (or only allow the Plus to be bought by the master and assigned to the sub-account).

Or (of course) allow the sub-account to be converted to a stand-alone.

Just waiting for Hell to freeze over now :)

DAYDANNY666 20 November, 2012 @ 2:32 pm   74

@Crack-Davidson
Hotmail is sort of closing but will turn from Hotmail into outlook.com so no Hotmail but you can manally input the incoming mail sever,outgoing sever and then put your email in and boom it should work.

Coody-Baroody 20 November, 2012 @ 2:49 pm   75

Was REALLY looking forward to this update but its another anticlimax. The browser still wont play videos on websites (I thought thats what this HTML support was for?), the email app wont work with my Hotmail account, at least I cant get it to work anyway and the dpad and buttons STILL dont work on ALL apps.

The PS Plus Auto Download is also a mystery. All it asks is if you want it done automatically, doesnt give you a timeframe or anything.

The big improvement though is definitely with Content Mananger.
Good Job Sony, almost.

Coody-Baroody 20 November, 2012 @ 2:53 pm   76

@72 Cernity

No mate im afraid not, the sale that MS RC is sn at the moment will be replaced tomorrow when the store updates. It’ll be £3.19 until the store updates tomorrow. Then it’ll whatever price the Update puts it at.

Anyway, this is SONY were talking about here. Do you REALLY think they would give 20% off a price thats already about 25% lower than normal? Exactly.

DAYDANNY666 20 November, 2012 @ 2:57 pm   77

I got Hotmail to work in the email app
protocol pop
incoming mail settings
Host name Pop3.live.com
user name Your email
password Your email password

outgoing mail settings
Host name smtp.live.com
Username your email
password Your email password
Ok and it will work

how about instead off this making more psp games available for psvita or more ps1 games it’s supposse 2 be a gaming machine yet hardly any games.

undergroundgr 20 November, 2012 @ 3:43 pm   79

great upgrade.want to see more like this one.

10# I would like a guide aswell :P. I mean what is username? All I know is my email and password.

Hellas-ICXC 20 November, 2012 @ 4:28 pm   81

Nice update, also if you can, add to the Vita the Hellenic language as one of the system’s languages, that would be very helpful especially in the web browsing, thanks.

DenSchmerz 20 November, 2012 @ 4:33 pm   82

Whether there will be a support of subtitles, and if yes, that what?

Can you confirm that any games on the vita system, that were part of the ps plus package on the ps3, will automatically update so that they are playBle again. Because these games were downloaded on the PS3 and then transferred onto the vita once my first year of plus ended i have been unable to play these. I am still a plus member!!

Thanks DAYDANNY666 with this settings hotmail works fine

AshishSahoo 20 November, 2012 @ 6:14 pm   85

Newest plus member !
I still hope I can download ps3 igc games through vita though!

markopolouk 20 November, 2012 @ 6:23 pm   86

Nice update, particularly allowing the browser to run in the background. A few issues though:

Any chance of video streaming through Content Manager Assistant? I thought that was the whole point of allowing wireless CMA support, not just to copy the entire video over wirelessly (which takes forever).

Also, a bug I’ve noticed is that partial video transfers (i.e., cancelled before completion) tie up memory card space that can only be recovered via a format of the memory card. No idea how that passed through QA to be honest.

@ JohnoBoy disable the antivirus when make sync with pc

AlexAtkinUK 20 November, 2012 @ 6:28 pm   88

At this point can I assume then that I will NEVER be able to play my PSP Burnout games on my PS Vita? As it seems that support for additional PSP games is already forgotten. :-(

any chance of adding media server support so i can use tversity as i do on my ps3 and my xperia s smartphone?

wilodonnyGaS 20 November, 2012 @ 6:57 pm   90

since doing the update my vita will not sign into psn also my web broswer fails loading like the vita is dropping connection all my ps3 everything works fine so i know its not my network can anyone help

timewarp87 20 November, 2012 @ 7:35 pm   91

Great update!

Please may we have an RSS reader which supports 3g and a Playstation blog app (like we have on mobiles) ??

rodrigo1UP 20 November, 2012 @ 8:26 pm   92

Nice one guys! :-)
I love the email app, i hope you guys keep bring more nice apps to the vita.
Keep the good work!

PS: Now we just need a easy way to change keyboards ;-)

A questions bout the new update. With Automatic updates when does it automatically update? With the PS3 you choose when you want it to check for new updates in download them. I see no option on the Vita for this. So when does it happen?

@wilodonnyGaS I am having the same issue since I updated my Vita.

Fred, do you have any details about this?

This is a great update and i’m happy sony keeps the updates meaningful. I truly love the Vita.

Fred, when is the free games coming to us PS+ members? Really wanna get my hand on Gravity Rush :)

NightRanma 20 November, 2012 @ 11:28 pm   96

Messages are bugged since the update for PS3 and Vita owners. Vita stuff sent to me (namely party chat invites, in my case) show up in my received messages on PS3, despite the fact that not even my Vita kept them after I used them (I didn’t turn my PS3 on at all while I was using my Vita, only hours after I was done).

And possibly worse, is every message I send to someone through my Vita, shows up in my received messsages list on PS3. That doesn’t even make any sense.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon. My inbox is going to get way too cluttered with this junk going on.

I started downloading this evening, it got to 99% then failed saying there was an error. Now whenever I try to redownload it it just hangs on 0%. Anyone else having a similar issue?

lagunareturns 21 November, 2012 @ 4:19 am   98

Why is it a forced update?

So I must upgrade now to get and play Retro City Rampage, when and if it gets released…

Oh why is it delayed, please blame the devs again, the game was submitted at the same time as euro steam and xbox live…

It was confirmed by the game creator and I have confirmed from several sources that it has been submitted as well…

The delay is at your end…. As for waiting the devs excuse, what exactly are you waiting for that euro Steam and XBOX Live doesn’t need…

Clearly you pushing for exclusive content to cover the delay you have caused or pushing the devs for extra money to publish for the euro region or you are forcing the dev to fix bugs before the game goes live because you charge an arm and leg just let them release a patch.

All information I can find on the delay is stating that Euro PSN is the cause and yet you guys say otherwise and that is if it ever gets released, chances by the time it is released it will be way too late…. Clearly there is no care…

Oh you can check my PSN account no purchase for a month, I will never buy from PSN again until Retro City Rampage is released.

Japandaman 21 November, 2012 @ 6:12 am   99

The wireless content manager feature…only works with PCM and not Mac? I can’t get it to work :( Also the free games should be with us tomorrow, correct?

FurryFreak 21 November, 2012 @ 10:58 am   100

Looks great. I’m really excited, as I’ll be getting a vita for Christmas. I would like to know something about my old PSP games though. If I backup my PSP game saves on my laptop, will they transfer over to my vita nice and easily so I can continue playing, or will I need to start new save files?

my trophies synced at 5am about same time as PS3, had it on standby over night. Oh yeah store has updated too, downloading Gravity Rush and Chronovolt to PS3 to transfer to Vita later.

I recently upgraded to Windows 8. I connected my Vita to laptop with the USB cable and it installed CMA. But when I click ‘Connect to PC’ from my Vita it loads up and I can see it in my Drive list but it only lasts a few seconds then it disconnects and a message appears on my Vita – ‘Could not connect to the PC’.

I get this message if I try to start CMA from my program files – ‘The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more details.’

Edit: This – Also.. no WiFi connection for me either. The ‘Wi-Fi Connection Settings’ that are supposedly under Content Manager Assistant aren’t there. – is null and void as I can´t start CMA due to the reason above.

FatMachismo 21 November, 2012 @ 5:30 pm   104

As of updating my Vita to 2.0 I’ve been unable to connect to PSN. It keeps saying it’s timing out.

My PS3 connects fine, I can browse the internet on my Vita so I’m guessing it must be something to do with the update. Any news would be highly appreciated :)

tom-359-ds 22 November, 2012 @ 8:34 pm   105

So Fred, as Sony closed the comments on singstar-spam without any solution you get my final remark here. Your company deeply messed up my gaming experience on which I spent a lot of money. When I do my Christmas shopping and the spam is still on my ps3 I’ll by a XBox. From then on I’ll stay clear off any Sony-Product for ever.

GigaBowser007 22 November, 2012 @ 10:54 pm   106

I hope someone of the blog crew reads this, since it has a few days when this was posted.

I would love to use the newly added email app, but it doesn’t seem to accept my Gmail. I have checked numerous times and both address and password are correct, but I still get error C2-14396-3.

I assume it’s because I have a complex password, but I’m stubborn and won’t change it. So I hope you guys can solve it. Or at least let the guys responsible know.

FatMachismo 23 November, 2012 @ 2:00 pm   107

Just incase anyone else was having any issues connecting to PSN with their Vita after the update…

Settings —>
Network —>
Wi-Fi Settings —>

TICK the box that reads “Disconnect the Wi-Fi Connection Automatically”

Then try to reconnect and I’m sure you will be able to. I saw this somewhere else and worked for me so I thought I’d post it here incase anyone else was having issues :D

Good update, and in reality no one COULD POSSIBLY care about the Singstar icon. So just ignore it and focus on getting more games out :)

benjaminatap 26 November, 2012 @ 9:20 am   108

Hello everybody!!!
I love the update, apart from the fact that my wireless keeps bumming out and won’t connect again!!! >.< Can you help me?? Also I think that messaging should be added to Skype, and maybe if you can, some more iPod/iPhone apps like Temple Run, the addition of Jetpack Joyride is AWESOME

Thanks :)