Posted 21 November

PS Plus subscribers: Get an entire year of music for just €11.99

8179319692_e10290cb10

From now until 31st December, Sony Entertainment Network is exclusively offering PlayStation Plus customers the opportunity to enjoy the Music Unlimited Premium service for one year for just £11.99/€11.99/107.99 Kr/AU$13.99, down from £119.88/€119.88/1079.88 Kr/AU$143.88! That’s a whole year’s worth of music, including the latest releases, for the price of an album!

If you haven’t tried the service before, now’s your chance. Listen to millions and millions of songs any time you like, from the latest hits to the classics that inspired them. Choose any album or song, create your own library or playlists, sync with your computer, and sit back and enjoy Music Unlimited’s numerous channels, all of which come with no annoying ad interruptions.

Music Unlimited premium service operates across a huge variety of devices, including your laptop, Android, iPhone, PS3 and all other enabled Sony devices, so you can stay connected wherever you go.

Your PS Plus offer can be obtained by going to the PS Plus section of the PS store, accessible either through your PlayStation 3 or PS Vita device. Not a PS Plus subscriber? There has never been a better time to sign up!

Non-Plus subscribers can also take advantage of a reduced Music Unlimited Premium rate – £59.99/€59.99/539.99 Kr/AU$71.99 for a one year subscription. As with Plus members, you have until 31st December to take advantage of the offer.

Offer begins 20th November 2012 and ends 00.00 on 31st December 2012.   You must be a current PlayStation Plus subscriber at time of purchase to qualify. The first 100,000 PlayStation Plus subscribers globally to purchase a 1 year pass to the Music Unlimited premium service during the offer period will be able to purchase at the promoted price. We withhold the right to withdraw this offer after 100,000 PS Plus Subscribers have purchased 1 year passes to the Music Unlimited Premium service at this special price. 1 year equals 365 days.  Terms and Conditions apply, please visit: http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/gb-en/terms-of-service

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

126 Comments 9 Author replies
Show oldest first

PARAN0ID_PANDA3 21 November, 2012 @ 1:08 pm   1

yeah its a good deal but i dont want it

I think Music Unlimited is pretty good actually. Especially for that price – I only found out recently that you can store 1000 songs locally, which is awesome :)

…the service really needs more video game music though.

£11.99 = €11.99 is that right?

You forgot to mention it works on the Almighty Vita as well!

Just subscribed, an amazing deal, I was using another service but I cannot miss out on an offer like this, and now I can listen to the tunes on my PS3 aswell :D Also this offer just after the Hed Kandi addition is even better :D

chrisboers 21 November, 2012 @ 1:11 pm   5

This really is a no-brainer. €11.99 for a year of unlimited music without ads, on just about any device you can think of (including Bravia TVS!).
And, if you don’t have PS Plus, you can get PS Plus AND Music Unlimited for the same price (plus 2 Euros) as Music Unlimited alone! Sony is really spoiling us with this offer!

One question: What happens after a year? Is it automatic renewal for the same €11.99 a year, for as long as I keep PS Plus, or is this a one-time offer?

Great deal, I am going to sign up for it :)

Amazing deal. That saves me almost £90 for this brilliant service.

STUPID_DAD 21 November, 2012 @ 1:12 pm   8

So if I sign up for this can I put the music on my iPod touch

hi is the subscription stack-able ty

But do you guys know that 1 pound does not equal 1 euro and does not equal 1 dollar?

quidditys_shore 21 November, 2012 @ 1:15 pm   11

UK £11.99
euro €11.99
USA $11.99

how come we in the UK have to pay more than everyone else?

Spotted this last night and grabbed it. Pretty impressed overall.

Think you should point out the OFFLINE option for Vita. You can download tracks to your Vita and listen to them without internet connection. Bargain! Think I’ll be getting some serious use out of this service.

The multiple device helps too.

angusinthearoara 21 November, 2012 @ 1:17 pm   13

Whats the deal for already subscribing customers? Do we get a refund or is it the same as our plus subscription & rolls over to the next year???
Also is it available to previous subscribing customers…..

Great move to push a great service.

It’s a great deal, and I’d love to take it, but not offering offline play on iPhone is too huge an issue to ignore.

MordecaiHunter 21 November, 2012 @ 1:19 pm   16

i can get Get an entire year of music for just £0.00 8)

almighty-slayer 21 November, 2012 @ 1:20 pm   17

Subscribed for a year and only stopped because i had no money.

£12 for a year is a fantastic deal and anyone should take advantage of this.

ferenzzz1971 21 November, 2012 @ 1:21 pm   18

Cool!! :)

No PS Store update this wednesday btw ?!
I thought Sine Mora would be in PS Store today!! :(

Seeing as today is the launch day for vita plus, can I suggest bumping the blog post for it to the top. It may stop its discussion from taking over the store post later.

People need to stop [DELETED] about prices in different countries. It’s still an amazing price!

quidditys_shore 21 November, 2012 @ 1:23 pm   21

working it out Europe pay £9.60 & USA £7.55!

A good price but as usual, UK users get a raw deal in the exchange rate – should be nearer £9 according to rates for other currencies.

More music?? We’ve had enough with the singstar icon!

almighty-slayer 21 November, 2012 @ 1:28 pm   24

The usual price per month is £9.99/USD$9.99/E9.99 so it’s still just as much of a bargain for everyone.

Dante_Zero 21 November, 2012 @ 1:29 pm   25

Insta Buy, PS plus is starting to deliver on great value and implementing feedback given since day one. Hope there are more improvements like this to come. PS Plus is now sporting more perks than BLOPS II

This does look like a good deal and is something Music Unlimited really needs as it is far too expensive normally, just a shame it has come out after the launch of Google Music which gives me 20,000 songs for free (admittedly not on PS devices though).
When I had the free trial of Music Unlimited I was mostly disappointed with the music scanning software (it essentially didn’t work) so I would like to ask if this has been improved since last year?
Cheers

TerrorOfDeath86 21 November, 2012 @ 1:30 pm   27

How about Saudi Arabia? When we will get Music Unlimited?

AvatarIII 21 November, 2012 @ 1:31 pm   28

So the UK pay more each month for the same content simply because the £ is a more expensive currency?? That’s not really fair is it? Do the Japanese pay 10 yen per month for the same service too?

Anyway, I saw this offer on the store last night and bought it immediately, I was already a Music Unlimited subscriber so I have saved myself £108 for the next year.

Any hope for Music Unlimited in Switzerland ?

Yes it’s an amazing offer and very hard to pass up but like I said in earlier post (3), EU price shouldn’t equal UK price. First it was the UK ‘vs’ US now it the EU as well.

ligtningrod1 21 November, 2012 @ 1:41 pm   31

I’ll probably get this later want to find out a little more about the PS+ Vita goodness later.

is this available in switzerland?

andrewsqual 21 November, 2012 @ 1:44 pm   33

Haha lolz at the UK price.
Frustrated much Sell Kidz 4 Chips?
This is a great offer though and will think about getting this now.
^_^

MartinB105 21 November, 2012 @ 1:45 pm   34

Looks like a good deal if you have the hardware to support it. Don’t think it will do my Linux XBMC media center and my Archos 48 much good though.

vonhammer 21 November, 2012 @ 1:46 pm   35

That’s a good deal an will sign up.Spent a lot of time with it when we got that extended premium trial last year.
Will sub at some point.

Lilja4Ever 21 November, 2012 @ 1:47 pm   36

Fantastic deal and service. Just signed up. Just one thing, please make the apps compatible with Nexus 4, 7 and 10.
Thanks

What if your already a subscriber to both? I have a PS+ and a music unlimited. If I renew my PS+ subscription early will I get this offer?

MissSouthampton 21 November, 2012 @ 1:49 pm   38

This is good considering the content but I had it for a year and used it on my iPhone and Vita no probs but when it came to my PS3 it told me to change the time and would not work when the clocks changed.

I hope they have fixed this as it was damn annoying.

GutsBerserker 21 November, 2012 @ 1:51 pm   39

Fantastic deal, but of course it isn’t even available here in Switzerland, same for Video store.

Sony still doesn’t want our money. Sincerely hope you’ll sort this out until the PS4 launch, it’s not like the competition is sleeping. Spotify, Xbox Video, qobuz, itunes video etc. are all available in Switzerland! How do they do it, is it magic??

How about Greece? When we will get Music and video Unlimited?

chrisboers 21 November, 2012 @ 1:56 pm   41

Slightly side-note: Last four blogposts are ALL Vita related. Is something happening today? :-)

(It’s a great time to be a Vita owner!)

Qriosity_Media 21 November, 2012 @ 1:58 pm   42

The following is a quote from – Carrie surtees (from the music unlimited team), regarding the ios app for this service, made on May the 28th at 4.08 PM……

“The first version of the app – unfortunately couldn’t support offline mode, but look out for the offline playback feature to be incorporated in a future upgrade.”

6 months later…… Still no offline mode for iOS devices, and seeing as this appears to be the most desired and glaringly missing feature for the service, it gives me little hope for Sony properly supporting this service.

Just think how many iOS users would switch from the popular Spotify service and take up this enticing offer, if Sony would only add offline mode to ios devices – as in fact the said they would 6 months ago!

Please, Please can someone at Sony update us on the progress being made in incorporating this feature? As to if and when it’s actually coming?

I’m a Ps+ member myself, and swing as I pretty much use ios devices most of the time, without offline mode, I just won’t use the service enough.

ruinereraser 21 November, 2012 @ 2:00 pm   43

I would love to try it and then subscribe. But it’s of course available only in few EU countries. Thanks for nothing!

Are there any chance in the future that Music Unlimited is integrated within the VITA music application? Would be awesome!

infoxicated 21 November, 2012 @ 2:02 pm   45

MikLSP – the music scanning software has indeed improved. It used to stall all the time if you weren’t connected to the ‘net and you’d have to reboot to fire it up again. Now it happily works away in the background.

For anyone wondering about this, it’s a fantastic deal – I’ve had it for over six months now and I listen to more music now than ever and the quality is great.

The web version is a big difference maker from the likes of Spotify. Earlier in the summer I was at a friend’s house for a party and hooked up their laptop to their stereo, then used the web version of Music Unlimited to stick on a playlist. Folk were most impressed that I had a music collection on call with no adverts cutting in – I even took requests! :D

Sackboypsn 21 November, 2012 @ 2:03 pm   46

Great promotion

But where’s the offline mode for apple devices?

Does it work on Mac OSX? Or only web support for this OS?

Would definitely subscribe if sub accounts could use the service.

josiahpsn 21 November, 2012 @ 2:11 pm   49

As others have mentioned, I would really like to see offline mode added to ios, so I can use music unlimited on my ipad mini/touch, and until its made available, I’m holding off, and I bet I’m not alone on this because of Sony having overlooked this vital feature.

This would be a good deal if the sound quality wasn’t so bad. Are there any plans to tweak the bit rate up to something a bit more reasonable?

Load all