Posted 5:00pm

Labyrinth Legends dungeon-crawls onto PSN next month

screen_1280x720_7

Hello again, PlayStation devotees. Scott here from Creat Studios to announce a holiday treat with the next great addition to our ever-growing PlayStation Network catalogue, coming to Europe on 19th December. If you’re daring enough, we’ll take you deep underground into the mysterious catacombs of Labyrinth Legends!

Quirky and addictive, this arcade action-adventure dungeon crawler rewards those both crafty and powerful enough to become a legend. Brave the mysterious tunnels and mystical crypts. Explore ancient tombs of lost civilizations. Evade concealed traps. Solve intuitive puzzles. Collect stars, gold, hidden treasure, weapons, artifacts and more. But stay alert to battle foreboding mummies, zombies, ghouls and other monsters hidden in the shadows.

screen_1280x720_40screen_1280x720_36

Lone adventure not enough? Prove yourself as the greatest fortune hunter amongst your friends. Labyrinth Legends features leaderboards, full Trophy support and three different local multiplayer modes for up to four players.

With a unique combination of crisp graphics and dazzling visuals, inviting exploration, tricky puzzles, and exciting monster-slashing arcade action, Labyrinth Legends is sure to be the most thrilling new game on PlayStation Network this holiday season!

screen_1280x720_35screen_1280x720_26

As always, thank you to everyone who has been enjoying our games. It’s because of you that we get to do what we love, and we couldn’t do it without you. Please keep the ideas and suggestions coming. We love to know what you like and want to see next.

Be sure to follow us on Twitter @CreatStudios and like Creat Studios on Facebook to watch for fun contests and giveaways. From every gamer at Creat Studios to all the PlayStation gamers out there, have a joyous and safe holiday!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

51 Comments 29 Author replies
Show oldest first

nice to see unike gamplay
also coming to Belgium + price ?

Scott Hyman 27 November, 2012 @ 6:03 pm

Thanks, monoliet. We’re releasing in all of Europe.

No set price yet, but I *promise* it won’t be high.

Zelda meets Pacman…I like it! PS3? PSVita?

Scott Hyman 27 November, 2012 @ 6:03 pm

Wow, that’s great company to be in!

A Vita version is being discussed, Cirran. With enough demand, it may happen.

Cirran video = ps3

supersmith2500 27 November, 2012 @ 5:59 pm   4

So Scott of Creat, any plans on making new games for the poor Vita? Hopefully this game won’t be GOTM since Creat had sevreal games for free last time for Plus. EA already had two games crowned GOTM.

Scott Hyman 27 November, 2012 @ 6:04 pm

There’s a lot of Vita talk around here, supersmith2500. Stay tuned for some announcements.

Thanks for the question!

if u give corect price when u buy on ps3+ vita i am in to vita version to .

Ravenblade86 27 November, 2012 @ 6:09 pm   6

Looks very good! I’ll have to join in and add my support for a Vita version as well :)

supersmith2500 27 November, 2012 @ 6:09 pm   7

@Scott:
No prob, it’s the Vita is lacking great games atm over here in Europe.

Scott Hyman 27 November, 2012 @ 6:14 pm

Well, we’re long-standing members of the PlayStation family, so the Vita is something that we’re discussing quite a bit around here. As I mentioned, stay tuned.

as a rapid fan of creat studios – hoping for Mushroom Wars 2, and on the vita.

this game.. it looks like a hit, may rival pixeljunk monsters for them girls eh?

Scott Hyman 27 November, 2012 @ 6:15 pm

Anything that puts us i the company of PixelJunk is quite a compliment. We’re big fans.

So happy to have a rabid fan of ours. Keep posted for some cool announcements soon, Rytteren!

Just adding to the choir… This would be a perfect for my Vita.

Dutchman0 27 November, 2012 @ 6:26 pm   10

This looks really interesting, if you can make a vita version happen you got another buyer right here!

Scott Hyman 27 November, 2012 @ 6:44 pm

And more for Vita!!!

Thanks, Dutchman0. We’re listening! We hope you enjoy the PS3 version in the meantime.

chipcookiexx 27 November, 2012 @ 6:27 pm   11

hi can anyone tell me how you delete items from your cart on store

Looks like a great game! Will definitely buy this, especially for local multiplayer. I would also like to cast my vote for a vita version. I think this would be a really good fit for the vita.

Scott Hyman 27 November, 2012 @ 6:45 pm

Those Vita recommendations are coming fast and furious. So glad you like what you see, terrmi.

Voodoo341 27 November, 2012 @ 6:41 pm   13

PS+ discount?

almighty-slayer 27 November, 2012 @ 6:42 pm   14

Creat are asking for support for a Vita version. So spread the word and make it known that you want it!

twitter.com/CreatStudios/status/273494613640224768

Scott Hyman 27 November, 2012 @ 6:46 pm

Thank you for helping spread the word, almighty-slayer.

The outpouring of support in both North America and Europe has been near overwhelming. This is why we LOVE to connect with our customers.

Looks pretty fun, is there plat trophy?

Great preview! Please…. be on PS Vita!

PS3 Music Visualisation is also in need of support, does Creat have experience in this area?

almighty-slayer 27 November, 2012 @ 6:50 pm   18

You’re welcome, Scott. Always happy to help.

Also, may i say that it’s great to see a developer such as yourself that listens to their fans, and tries to do what their fans want. It’s brilliant to see.

Scott Hyman 27 November, 2012 @ 6:55 pm

I’m surprised it’s not done more, almighty-slayer. It’s the best way to know what players really want.

We’re thrilled that everyone responds to us.

Second request… if is there any chance of Vita Edition…. what about thinking into Cross-buy options? :) Or cross-system multiplayer? :) I am realy looking forward on playing with friends :) This game take my attention how not any of games this year… great stuff :)

Scott Hyman 27 November, 2012 @ 7:02 pm

If we do end up making a Vita version, it’s very likely that it will be Cross-Buy. We’re big fans.

bennyrafal 27 November, 2012 @ 7:02 pm   20

Looks nice, as for Vita – its hard to resist and not to buy one as PS+ rolls in

Reminded me what game I played when I was little. It’s a little to you about unknown game from my country – Czech Republic. Her name is “Combat Pillows” or in Czech language “Bul├ínci”… awsome stuff :). Do not even know why I’m so reminded. Maybe as I saw the video run four players at once on “small screen” :)

Will be there some type of Player vs. Player for competition?

Looks really good, beautiful art style reminds me of classic Zelda which is awesome in my book.

Another request for a Vita version as well.

Scott Hyman 27 November, 2012 @ 7:15 pm

Any comparison to Zelda is a compliment of the highest order. Thank you, adwab2.

And thanks for yet another Vita request,

And… last question (maybe :D):

Is there some automatic level generator algorithm included? Like in Diablo Series? Or only preprogrammed levels? it can be ewsome stuff when it can have unlimited levels :) Or some Level editor which can players share :) I really like this sort of puzzle / adventure games.

Scott Hyman 27 November, 2012 @ 7:17 pm

I hear ya, Vizip, but it’s all pre-programmed. The puzzles are dependent on the pre-designed levels.

I am realy excited on this one. Here! Take my wallet!
You guys are good and last of small group of game studios, that make great games with soul. Lost of developers are based on ultahypermegasuper…what ever… grafic and epic effects… but soul of games are gone :(

Thubs up! Keep that way!

Looks interesting! Super! :)

zprandzioch 27 November, 2012 @ 7:37 pm   26

it reminds me alundra for psx, great game btw… so keep up good work and +1 for psvita

Scott Hyman 27 November, 2012 @ 7:50 pm

Thanks so much, zprandzioch! We love what we do, so it doesn’t always feel like work.

CoolRichy008UK-3 27 November, 2012 @ 7:38 pm   27

AWFULL GAME

Scott Hyman 27 November, 2012 @ 7:50 pm

Sorry it’s not for you, CoolRichy008UK-3. But thanks for taking the time to check it out.

Very interesting game,sadly its not on Vita but based on the posts here it may happen. I am looking foreward to that day, I am following you on tweeter and wait for news. 1 day purchase for me if it comes to Vita.

Best regards,

MordecaiHunter 27 November, 2012 @ 7:38 pm   29

This does look very good, And I do hope the puzzles make you think twice on how to do them 8-)

Scott Hyman 27 November, 2012 @ 7:52 pm

Very kind of you, MordecaiHunter. And yes, some puzzles are quite tricky that way.

MordecaiHunter 27 November, 2012 @ 7:42 pm   30

and it goes to show how much you guys care for the game with all the answers to posts on here, thats a good sign

Scott Hyman 27 November, 2012 @ 7:53 pm

We like to do this, MordecaiHunter, because it’s the best way to interact with the people who buy our games. Please keep the suggestions coming, and check us out @CreatStudios on Twitter and facebook.com/CreatStudios on Facebook.

AshishSahoo 27 November, 2012 @ 7:50 pm   31

Hi Scott,
Pardon me but I was unable to grasp your game properly. Could you provide a link to a video of the game? I am right now commenting using a vita,so maybe there is a video embedded up there that I can’t view. I also hope you will make a vita version.
Nice to see a dev listening to its customers. Keep up the good work!

greggypoos 27 November, 2012 @ 7:54 pm   32

Vita, vita, vita!

Game looks great.

lazynick_111 27 November, 2012 @ 8:20 pm   33

This game looks great. Please bring this to the Vita.

Just letting you know that I will likely pick this up now for the simple fact that you have basically replied to everyone in this post.

Whether or not you reply to this one now is irrelevant, not enough people take the time after the actual post to stick around and answer any questions raised, so you should be congratulated and in this case it will be via another sale.

Besides, I haven’t minded some of the previous Creat games! ;)

Inded Mr.Scott,its very nice to see developers going so close with gamers and from the look of it you didn’t expected for 99% of users to say “bring it to Vita”. I do hope things work out and you will be able to release the game on vita too.

Best regards,

Looks like a game I could get my teeth into! Think I’d prefer it on my Vita though.

Like many others I believe this game would be great on the Vita. Still would also love a Mushroom Wars version. My heart made a little jump when I checked out your Facebook page and you had posted:

“We’re receiving a lot of requests for a Vita version of Labyrinth Legends. The more support we get, the more likely we’ll make it. (We did this with Mushroom Wars.) If you would like us to bring Labyrinth Legends to Vita, show your support here. All tell your friends to Like us and do the same.”

I almost thought there was already a Vita version of Mushroom Wars that I didn’t know about. But sadly I couldn’t find it. :(

RossyWilson 27 November, 2012 @ 10:26 pm   38

Its always good to see a dev that cares about its customers, I will definitly be picking this up once its released.
And i know my opinion wont matter much after all the feedback above but i would appreciate a vita version aswell.

Nice design. It should be release on PS Vita.

fantastic game will be a day 1 purchase for me…. Seeing as your accepting requests may i ask for a sequel ? Or at very least some extra meaty DLC in future :) many thanks and look forward to seeing more of your games

This looks really good, I may buy this as long as the price is good. Any chance of a PS+ discount? Also like many others are saying, this would be good on Vita too!

THE_FORCE 28 November, 2012 @ 3:32 am   42

What a pretty looking game. We need it on the VITA !!!!!

Patashnic 28 November, 2012 @ 5:51 am   43

If this game hits the Vita it’s an instant buy! It would look so well on the amazing oled. Maybe even an Cross Play deal? :)

THE_FORCE 28 November, 2012 @ 7:00 am   44

Cross Play’s a good idea Patash. I like the fact that they’ve put golden statues in the game with the head of Darth Vader!!!

Tsubaki_14 28 November, 2012 @ 9:28 am   45

lol this looked so funny! xD and fun to play! I loved your mushroom wars seems like I’m gonna love this one too, definitely gonna pick it up

Looks great, but would be even better on the Vita!

DiogoMoitaPT 28 November, 2012 @ 11:51 am   47

PS Vita version, PLEASE!!!!

Shifty_Geezer 28 November, 2012 @ 12:00 pm   48

Looks good. Seeing as Warrior’s Lair is MIA, might well pick this up. Would definitely get if there was multiplayer coop.

Creat logo is synonymous of good moments ahead for me. Digger, Mushroom Wars or Cuboid were loved games.
I think, as most people in this boards, that your style of games fit the Vita perfectly, and watching the trailer i can see myself playing this game a lot on my vita.

SuperJag86 28 November, 2012 @ 1:10 pm   50

This game looks brilliant and like a lot of fun!
The problem is I don’t think I would play this enough to buy it for PS3 but I would play it all the time on my Vita!
So add me to the Vita request list and you already have my money!

Load all