Posted 6:00pm

Ratchet & Clank: QForce arrives in Europe this week!

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on PS3 and PS Vita

Hey everyone. This week Ratchet & Clank: QForce (RRP €19.99) is launching for PlayStation 3 across Europe on the following dates:

• UK, Ireland: Fri 30th Nov
  • Australia & New Zealand: Thu 29th Nov
  • Europe: Wed 28th Nov

As a special launch treat, we’re sharing a few pieces of concept art which inspired the look, characters and environments that you’ll see in the game. We hope you enjoy checking them out!

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on PS3 and PS VitaRatchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on PS3 and PS Vita

This new Ratchet & Clank adventure, available at a value price point, features an action-packed campaign you can play in single-player or in co-op with a friend (split screen or online). It’s classic R&C gameplay with a base defense twist.

Even after you play through it once, you’ll want to try again to improve your scores and times! On top of the campaign, Ratchet & Clank: QForce has a new online multiplayer mode with explosive battles, playable in 1v1 or 2v2 player modes.

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on PS3 and PS Vita

For those of you who also own a PlayStation Vita system, the game supports Cross-Buy, Cross-Save and competitive online multiplayer Cross-Play. If you purchase Ratchet & Clank: QForce for PS3, you’ll be able to download the PS Vita version at no additional cost when it releases in January 2013.

See you online!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

39 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

supersmith2500 27 November, 2012 @ 6:06 pm   1

Will wait for next year to buy it due to the Vita version being delayed.

almighty-slayer 27 November, 2012 @ 6:12 pm   2

Was going to buy this day one. But then the Vita version was delayed.

I’ll wait til whenever the Vita version is released before buying :)

nice but i am more in jack en daxter game on ps2 = stil the one i love more then Ratchet & Clank even today :)

Keitaro004 27 November, 2012 @ 6:19 pm   4

Have always loved the Artwork for the R&C games. Will we get the PS vita version for free, even though we buy the physical version of the game? I hope that the cross-buy offer doesn’t only apply for a purchase through PSN. I want BOXEEEEEEEEEED!

Ross Alexander 28 November, 2012 @ 11:06 am

Cross-Buy works for both the PS3 retail and PS3 PS Store versions of the game, so whichever way you buy it on PS3, you’ll get the PS Vita version at no additional cost.

Player42791 27 November, 2012 @ 6:24 pm   5

@Keitaro004

It applies to the blu-ray as well

“Purchase the PS3 version of Ratchet & Clank: QForce on Blu-ray Disc or from PlayStation Store, and download the game to your PS Vita at no additional cost.”

will wait for to buy when the vitaversion is ready. who knows.. free for plus, discount, plus discount… who knows :D

How much in pounds?

amazon has it at 13.99.

Ross Alexander 28 November, 2012 @ 11:06 am

Check in stores and online, the final retail price depends on who’s selling it.

I’m currently playing A4O that i got from PS+, it’s really not as good as ACIT So i’m going to give this one a miss as well.

bennyrafal 27 November, 2012 @ 7:05 pm   9

Well is this will be same version for UK and Poland?

im asking coz of dramatic price differences, im thinking about buying it in UK and wondering if it will have Polish dub

MissDreamer 27 November, 2012 @ 7:15 pm   10

I’m looking forward to this game. I’ll probably get it in January as I currently have too many games to play on at the moment. I still haven’t finished the Ratchet and Clank collection yet.

As a loyal single player customer that always supperted you up to All4 one (that I played now trough Plus and didn’t like), can I platiunum this game as a single player and can I skip the tower defence part because I didn’t like the Beta at all.

I saw this game yesterday at local market. Maybe they were a bit early :D

xenokiller90 27 November, 2012 @ 8:15 pm   13

love anything r&c
nice price too!

DemonicPrime 27 November, 2012 @ 8:29 pm   14

And Ireland get it last again. Meh. I’ll wait a while ‘fore getting it.

Dark-Twisted 27 November, 2012 @ 8:38 pm   15

Yeah, I won’t get this.

When Insomniac made Ratchet 3, they thought about what could be a really dumb name that only Qwark could think of?

The marketing team at Sony Europe are so braindead and resembling of monkeys, they actually thought this was a proper name, so much they stuck it to a product and expected me to buy it. It was supposed to be a bad joke.

Full Frontal Assault. Now that’s something that won’t make me feel ten years old when I buy it.

Cannot wait, also, love concept art like this, Insomniac are ace.

how does the cross buy work? I have a ps3 and am getting this game my son has a vita can I give him the vita download, if so how?

Ross Alexander 28 November, 2012 @ 11:11 am

With Cross-Buy, you can only redeem it on the one PSN ID. So if your PSN ID is registered with your son’s PS Vita, then yes.

dark_angel69 27 November, 2012 @ 9:59 pm   18

Santa is going to be putting this under my tree :D

@courtz07
Most likely has a code on the booklet or something inside the box. Or maybe just unlocks it on store as a free download. :S

@dark_angel69 – I hope so, well hopefully I know by friday.

Jesse-Blue 27 November, 2012 @ 10:26 pm   20

Sony, today I went to my local game store and they told me Sony will NOT release this game in Germany (on disk)??!!
What the hell is going on?
If true, this is a major slap in the face.

dark_angel69 27 November, 2012 @ 10:32 pm   21

@courtz07
It could be the online pass (if it has one and most likely does) that could possibly unlock it in the store as a free download. The online pass has been found on the newer ps3 exclusive games. If you never had one before then it can be found on the back of the book inside the box.

After you redeem the code, you can download it and i’m pretty sure you will find he vita version there. Never seen or had a cross-buy before but makes sense that way. That’s just my guess anyway. If only playstation all stars was out right now on vita we would know for sure

Kaffikjelen 28 November, 2012 @ 12:05 am   22

I don’t understand why they have given the series’ a new stylistic look, why fix something that isn’t broken? Oh well, I’m gonna get me this nonetheless.

Cross buy works when you put the compatible game in the ps3.

Underneath the game icon it has benefits that will add the vita version to your account to be downloaded from the ps store . hope that helps

Unicronic 28 November, 2012 @ 7:15 am   24

The most important question of all has yet to be asked, so I will do so:

Will Mr.Zurkon be in it?

19 euros? So UK will be paying around £16.00? And the US paid $20 which is about 12-13 gbp… have you decided that a fixed exchange rate isn’t worth it or that ’20′ in all currencies means the same thing?

Nistelroy78 28 November, 2012 @ 9:09 am   26

@25 … Haha sure if that was so easy .. then i say go for it because 20 Danish Crowns would there for be even more cheaper its 2 GBP or 4 US Dollars or 3 Euro .. so just let them say its One price no matter what country.

But its NOT that easy … you should complain .. there is diffrent Tax Issues involved here and also you only pay 16 Pound here in denmark we will probaly get to pay almost 200 Danish Crowns for that game or 25 GBP

@darkangel_69 – thanks

@gforce-92 – so I would need to add my son’s account to my PS3 and go on disc benefits and download it? Would I need to get an additional network pass?

Stonesthrow 28 November, 2012 @ 10:30 am   28

@15 Let me get this right, you’re not getting this because of the NAME?! That’s just silly lol..

On a personal note : Why is this game cheaper than usual? It’s a full game right?

Ross Alexander 28 November, 2012 @ 11:14 am

Yes it’s a full game, with a single player campaign and online multiplayer battles, just at a value price point.

Flipside666 28 November, 2012 @ 10:41 am   29

will wait for an ACTUAL R&C game as these online multi player spin-offs suck, i cant believe people buy into this unimaginative played before a million times games, bring back real ratchet and clank please!!!

@Ross Alexander
I am getting the physical version of this game, I have given my son a sub account, is it still possible for him to get the Vita version when it is available? Also I read on the US blog that this doesn’t have a network pass, is this true?

TINTINTB303 28 November, 2012 @ 12:04 pm   31

I love the older R&C games.

All 4 One is a terrible game though and after playing the beta of this new R&C outing I will be staying well clear of it.

Why ruin a brilliant series with tower defense elements??

I am all for games trying new things but tower defense is just no fun in any form (I know that is just my opinion before anyone jumps down my throat ;-))

@Ross Alexander VERY clever answer with regards to this being a “full game”…

I could say that OMG Zombies is a “full game” because it is indeed just that.

Please be more honest with people because I have heard/read interviews with different folk about this game and it is NOT a fully fledged (length wise) R&C game that we all know and love. If it was then you would be selling it at a full retail price. Surely?

Give people a little bit of credit and don’t split hairs on your wording regarding your answers.

Poor conduct on you part Sir :-(

Is it 60 fps and will feel the same as AICT?

Vita version delayed, how does that even happen?

Flipside666 28 November, 2012 @ 12:34 pm   34

lol i got moderated, lol i didnt even swear

Flipside666 28 November, 2012 @ 12:38 pm   35

ps i kinda said the same as TINTINTB303 , i couldnt agree more my friend

Jesse-Blue 28 November, 2012 @ 12:57 pm   36

Ross, “thanks” for ignoring an important and valid question and instead answering to fluff like if Mr Zirkon is in the game.
That’s really helpful and a great PR job.

SuperJag86 28 November, 2012 @ 1:03 pm   37

I’m looking forward to playing this on Vita more than PS3.
Can you please pass on to Insomniac that we would really love the Ratchet HD collection to come out on Vita!
Also I hope the next full Ratchet game isn’t too far off.

Stonesthrow 28 November, 2012 @ 3:10 pm   38

@28RE: Wow that’s awesome :o So we get a full game at more than half the price, and a free Vita version on top. Finally us early buyers get a great deal for once too :p Would obviously love to see this happen more :p

Just played R&C QForce. Major disappointment. Jerky camera. Non-standard R&C joypad button mapping. No story. Basically the terrible all4one with a twist. A million times worse than Quest for booty. Waste of time and money.