Posted 28 November

Grand Theft Auto sale starts today

GTA sale

Good morning everyone! I’m very happy to announce that we’ve teamed up with our friends at Rockstar Games to offer some great discounts on Grand Theft Auto content on PlayStation Store.

These savings will go live later today once the Store has updated. Make sure you grab them while you can as these deals are only live until 5th December! Oh, and Plus members get a little extra. Enjoy!

Grand Theft Auto IV (Not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €24.99/£19.99, now €12.99/£9.99
Additional 10% discount for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (Not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£9.99
Additional 10% discount for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition (Not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €34.99/£27.99, now €17.99/£13.99
Additional 10% discount for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes Bundle (Not available in Kuwait, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, UAE)
Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£7.99
Additional 10% discount for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned (Not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €9.99/£7.99, now €4.99/£3.99
Additional 10% discount for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony (Not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €17.99/£13.99, now €8.99/£7.29
Additional 10% discount for Plus subscribers

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

50 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

We need more GTA on the Vita!

Typically, I bought the Grand Theft Auto: Episodes Bundle on Monday.

I was pretty much expecting a GTA sale with GTA V hype building up and GTA:VC 10th anniversary next week.

TerrorOfDeath86 28 November, 2012 @ 12:06 pm   3

Not available in Saudi Arabia, way to go R* great job :(

Dr-abdulelah 28 November, 2012 @ 12:07 pm   4

Aw bummer, no sale for the PSP games? :(

Beautifully revelant and Brilliantly priced!
Great job aquiring these discounts EU/UK TEAM!

I should probably know, but what is the difference between “Episodes from Liberty City” and “Episodes Bundle” besides that one is £2 more expensive?

andrewsqual 28 November, 2012 @ 12:11 pm   8

If you were expecting the sale Fishdry why did you purchase it on Monday then?
Any chance on a sale on the PS2 ones or PSP copies versions?

£13.99 plus 10% discount for the complete version? Seems reasonable.

Radioactivist 28 November, 2012 @ 12:16 pm   10

TheVVolf: Just a guess, but i think the Episodes Bundle gives you both Episodes seperately which will require GTA IV to play, while Episodes from Liberty City is the standalone version which doesn’t require GTA IV to play.

Flipside666 28 November, 2012 @ 12:17 pm   11

thats some bargains there, way better than the activision sale! :)

TINTINTB303 28 November, 2012 @ 12:18 pm   12

@KillaT2501 Indeed we do. Sony need to go crawling to Rockstar with a BIG bag of cash and convince them to make a brand new fully fledged GTA exclusive for the Vita.

An exclusive Vita GTA game would sell SOOOOO many Vitas.

This NEEDS to happen!!!

@Chris Great sale BTW.
I take it Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition contains all the DLC (TLAD & TBOGT)??

If I didn’t have it on Bluray already then I would be all over this ;-)

Ooh and any chance of the PSP GTAs being included in this sale.
For some odd reason I didn’t pick them up last time they were on sale.
I know it was quite a recent sale but what with PS+ meaning LOADS of people have just picked up a Vita then maybe adding them to the list would generate a lot of sales of the PSP GTAs?!?

TINTIN :-D

@TerrorOfDeath86 + Dr-abdulelah
its NOT R* call or sony to block the games from our stores its ministry of cluture & information in the GCC…..sad but true ..i need to put corvo mask on and head there

Is this the complete PSN store update for today/Wednesday 28th of November?

Hi Chris,

Where is the best place to direct my feedback regarding price drops?

I’d love to see a price drop on the Season Passes for both LA Noire and Saints Row the Third. They both have Complete Editions at retail yet the DLC is still full price on the store, and I need both to 100% the trophies!

Regards.

Radioactivist 28 November, 2012 @ 12:26 pm   16

TheMART: No, this is just a specific blog entry for this special GTA sale.

Why no Chinatown Wars discount?

Mishimotsu 28 November, 2012 @ 12:28 pm   18

Definitely was looking for a GTA PSP sale, although I only need to add a digital version of Liberty City Stories to have the whole PSP collection (had the original on UMD – definitely a game I want to keep! Original 3D LC always has a place in my heart so always want to have that with me, especially on my new all digital Vita!)

*TheMART* the store update info will be in about 34 minutes (1pm GMT)

Wondering if the 3 missing games of the SIX (Batman Arkham City, Limbo and Vanquish) will be the 2 promissed every month for Vita (Jet Set Radio and WipEout) and the Final Fantasy Tactics PSP… the ones the europeans didn’t get like in the PS+ US launch.

GTA 3 PS2 discount would of been nice.

Hello Chris,

Those games were indeed available in our Saudi Store before the new PS Store, at least the DLC content was there. Shockingly I can’t find any content related to any Rockstar game in our store anymore.. No L.A Noire, no Red Dead Redemption, and no GTA IV, only Max Payne 3 is there. Sadly I bought L.A Noire season pass from the in-game store and I can’t access my content because L.A Noire is simply nowhere to be seen in our store, could you please take a look at that?.

I would expect the Complete bundle is GTA4 + all DLC and the Episodes Is the stand alone with ballad of Gay Tony.

Chis, can you maybe confirm?
I think im Definitely picking up the Complete bundle, but wanna make sure it is everything available for GTA4.

FatMachismo 28 November, 2012 @ 12:42 pm   23

Already got the complete one on Steam back in the summer sale.

But at 9.99 plus a + Discount I can’t say no considering I’ve already bought the DLC packs. SUPERB sale timing as I was really fancying playing this on my TV :)

If at some point (next PSP game sale for example) we could get Liberty City and Vice City Stories my life would be happier :) Already got Chinatown Wars you see!

Great Job Chris!!

CookieMonsterES 28 November, 2012 @ 12:45 pm   24

Hey, Chris, I don’t think something can be done now, but the Wipeout HD pack on sale during the driving games sale was never available to be purchased, at least in my local Store.
I posted about it here at the blog so it could be flagged and fixed but unfortunately, the sale expired and it always shown as unavailable.
It’s quite frustrating to see a nice price for an item you want and being unable to purchase it :/ I hope we can see that sale in a near future again.

Also, would it be possible for the Sales to match in a way the Plus games? I mean, getting Gravity Rush for free is great, but being able to get the DLC packs discounted would be awesome even for those who already had the game.

Today is indeed a good day to be paid…..looking forward to this!!! XD

What would have really made a sale great would be the availability of GTA1/London/2 for PS3/Vita, that I would have bought in a heartbeat.

Rockstar offer GTA1/2 on PC for free, I would love to give you guys £2-3 for it on a modern PlayStation Platform.

ChemicalBacon90 28 November, 2012 @ 12:59 pm   27

Any chance of a Mass Effect sale to coincide with the release of the trilogy edition?
Would be good to pick up the non-included dlc for cheap…

AL3MERH_2011 28 November, 2012 @ 1:03 pm   28

-_- We still love you.

ChemicalBacon90 28 November, 2012 @ 1:03 pm   29

Also, any news on the Christmas sale and 12 deals of Christmas this year? News next week?
Cheers

Karibu_007 28 November, 2012 @ 1:05 pm   30

Nice 1 :)

Been wanting this game for a while :)

PS Plus subscription paying off.

diehardest13 28 November, 2012 @ 1:07 pm   31

Fantastic! Just got rid of my xbox 360 which I had gta4/stories. Was looking at gta4 yesterday in asda. First arkham city for plus now this well done Sony

Jamesyp00 28 November, 2012 @ 1:09 pm   32

Can i second a Mass Effect sale, since the trilogy is out soon, it’d be coo to get the titles/DLC for cheaper on the store.

shelbylu1 28 November, 2012 @ 1:11 pm   33

can I just ask if the lost and damned digital download is standalone or do I require the original game disk to play it?

I think we’re gonna need a bigger hard drive…

Chris undead nightmare collection is the only R* game i can find in the saudi store, any chance of sale for ps+ ? and thank u for the amazing plus update

@shelbylu1 u dont need original game to play the lost and damned

shelbylu1 28 November, 2012 @ 3:38 pm   37

@MA76_666 nice one, thanks.

xrictocGr 28 November, 2012 @ 5:23 pm   38

Mass effect sale!!please.make it happen Chris!

Tagged_Deaf 28 November, 2012 @ 6:13 pm   39

Nice, very nice. Just bought GTA IV Complete Edition.

Nearly £13 for it is just too good deal for me to refuse!

Keep on with your good work, PS store people!

hhc_lionheart 28 November, 2012 @ 9:03 pm   40

I just bought the complete edition but it gives me gta 4 both episodes but no episodes of liberty city?
I just started downloading but it wasnt in the list…
And doesnt say i have it in store…

So it gave you the full game and the 2 DLCs? What else should it give you? Episodes is just the 2 DLCs in a standalone format, of course you wouldn’t get that with the full game.

@MA76_666 @shelbylu1 BS, the only thing that doesn’t require the original game is the Episodes of Liberty City version. But it says in the information on the store if you need a full game for every DLC.

i would like some sales on the older games and dlc, when you could buy modnation racers for £6 but dlc from 2008 is that price then something needs to change

hhc_lionheart 28 November, 2012 @ 10:14 pm   44

Thx sogeman i didnt know that

Cloud-ruler- 29 November, 2012 @ 7:11 am   45

Why is it that for Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City the price is the same in Euros and GBP i.e. €9.99/£9.99 instead of the GBP price being dropped to £7.99 from £15.99 like the Episodes Bundle?

All of the other games have retained a clear price difference between the Euro and GBP price except this one. Instead with this one there is a 50% reduction in the Euro price and only a 37.5% reduction in the GBP price.

BiGsMoO7ke 29 November, 2012 @ 1:02 pm   46

(Not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Great Jop SCEE :( you really making us love you don’t you

BiGsMoO7ke 29 November, 2012 @ 1:03 pm   47

job^

I hope GTA4:episode from Liberty city include PSN+ PLUS INSTANT Free game,,,please,,haha

got them all ..anyway so I will wait for GTA V yeah baby

Karibu_007 6 December, 2012 @ 7:59 am   50

Hi. I bought GTA episodes of liberty city, but I did not get my ps plus 10% discount