Posted 29 November

The 12 deals of Christmas!

12 deals of Christmas

Hi everyone! With Christmas just around the corner, ’tis the season to be jolly! Now you have 12 extra special reasons to celebrate as the 12 Deals of Christmas makes its return to PlayStation Store.

Starting on 1st December 2012, PlayStation Store will feature 12 incredible deals for you to unwrap. You will only be able to redeem each deal from PlayStation Store for a period of 48 hours and then they vanish, quicker than a Christmas pudding!

Just like the presents under your tree, we are going to keep these deals under wraps until it’s time for them to be opened. So make sure you keep checking PlayStation Store to find out what the latest amazing deal is. We’ll also update this Blog post every time a deal is added.

Don’t miss out on some great one-time offers – take a sledge ride over to PlayStation Store and treat yourself to a few extra presents this festive season. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

85 Comments 7 Author replies
Show oldest first

TerrorOfDeath86 29 November, 2012 @ 12:02 pm   1

Will you give us any hints about the deals :) ?

Chris Howe 29 November, 2012 @ 12:19 pm

Now where would the fun in that be! There are some very good deals lined up though so make sure you have your wallet topped up!

TerrorOfDeath86 29 November, 2012 @ 12:03 pm   2

Also any news about RDR for PS+?

I remember this from last year. Looking forward to it.

Oh yeah, I definitely want some. Last year’s were really good.

I hope Back to the Future is in that sale. It really needs to be in some sale :)

Will there be any freebies for Plus members? Last year there was a catchup game everyday.

Chris Howe 30 November, 2012 @ 9:01 am

No freebies this year but there will be some additional plus discounts on some very very good titles :)

Hopefully we will see a discount on some DLC, for example the Saints Row the Third Season Pass and LA Noire Season Pass (hint hint!). Both games have Complete Editions out at retail but their DLC on the Store is still full price. Maybe you could have a look Chris? Cheers.

When will the Christmas sale start that has a number of games for sale at once? That is what I’m waiting for! I’m assuming it will be December 12th or 19th as they are the two closest Wednesdays to Christmas, so could you give me any clarification on this, please? ;)

In reply to TerrorOfDeath86 on his RDR question. If you’re refering to the main game itself then I’m guessing you missed out, as it was FREE for PS+ members throughout September and October. If it’s DLC you’re after then I honestly don’t know. I wouldn’t mind the Cheats and Liars add-on at a reduced price though! *wishing thinking*

TINTINTB303 29 November, 2012 @ 12:20 pm   10

@Chris

Will each deal have an extra saving for PS+ subscribers??

Just call me Mr Greedy ;-)

Chris Howe 29 November, 2012 @ 12:22 pm

Haha sorry guys my lips are sealed for now, it’s far more exciting when its a surprise!

Falcon1991 29 November, 2012 @ 12:21 pm   11

Oh sweet, I’m excited to see what gets included.

CodeMonkey_UK 29 November, 2012 @ 12:21 pm   12

Hopefully this year something will be of interest to me unlike last years…

Falcon1991 29 November, 2012 @ 12:22 pm   13

@bella_moon

Actually his country never got it for PS+

andrewsqual 29 November, 2012 @ 12:22 pm   14

Please, pretty please do something for the release of Mass Effect 1 when it is released early December. :)
I thought this would have been the big game for Plus in December because it is not possible for anybody to have it already because it is yet to be released :(

Chaosprower 29 November, 2012 @ 12:30 pm   15

I have the feeling that most deals will be PS3-only…

Will the sale prices be actual sale prices or just discounts off the over priced content on the store? In other words will it be cheaper than retail?

Please have Journey, The Unfinished Swan and Okami HD among the deals and I’ll buy them instantly :)

crackalakaling 29 November, 2012 @ 12:35 pm   18

Please let dishonored be one of them. :)

Hopefully some vita stuff too, (ps1 classics, minis, psp and vita games)

Agamer2006 29 November, 2012 @ 12:36 pm   20

Love this sale, need to make up for not buying anything in the last 12 days sale.

I hope there will still be the normal christmas sale at the end as I always splash out then. Anyway you could try and get the luminies PS3 game discounted, as its never dropped in price

Are you giving free games to PS Plus subscribers like last year? If you are going to do this, New Instant Game Collection games + 12 Deals of Christmas + discounted games = best Christmas ever! :D

Please put Journey on sale (PS+ extra discount wouldn’t hurt) I would buy it so fast!

are you going to do the ps plus catch up games like everyone is saying happened last year? i only got my ps plus membership a couple of months ago and while i love it, i kick myself for not getting it earlier to enjoy all the games that were out before i subscribed

KusariSoul 29 November, 2012 @ 12:53 pm   24

Hey Chris

Will There Be Any chance of a Discount on the Plus Subscription over christmas, ?

I’am Waiting to stack 8-)

supersmith2500 29 November, 2012 @ 12:57 pm   25

Btw, don’t ruin it with weak sales like the Halloween Sale.

TerrorOfDeath86 29 November, 2012 @ 12:58 pm   26

Another question will one of them be a recent entry to the store? As I plan to get DOA5 & AC:AA and I don’t want to get them to find out late that they’ve got discounted after a week or 2.

TerrorOfDeath86 29 November, 2012 @ 12:59 pm   27

Sorry I meant Ace Combat Assault Horizon.

Chr15toff3e 29 November, 2012 @ 1:05 pm   28

I would like to see The Walking Dead as one of those twelve offers.

Flipside666 29 November, 2012 @ 1:06 pm   29

ooo i hope the walking dead gets in this sale ;) and i hope i can get loads of work soon coz right now im broke as a joke :(

loonytoon1982 29 November, 2012 @ 1:13 pm   30

With limited funds at this time of year it’s difficult to pick and choose when to take advantage of the offer. If something pops up that I want then 2 days later something I wanted more comes up, it gets very difficult but that’s the joy of sales too. Gotta get in at the right times for the best deals!

As for those wanting The Walking Dead, it’s worth the asking price as it is at the moment. It might be a downloadable title but there’s around 10+ hours of emotionally charged gameplay. There’s a reason why it’s up for Game of the Year ;)

PSN releases of Crisis core and VC3 please!

(dream on i know!)

playstation plus promotion pls……Chris <<BOSS

Tsubaki_14 29 November, 2012 @ 1:17 pm   33

I happened to subscribe to plus near the beginning of the 12 christmas deals last year, I was really thrilled with the stuff I was getting back then xD lets see what you got this time!

Which reminds me though I need to renew -w-’

Flipside666 29 November, 2012 @ 1:22 pm   34

good point Tsubaki_14. will there be any Christmas deals on the plus subscription?

AshishSahoo 29 November, 2012 @ 1:25 pm   35

Hey Chris,
Can I assume some vita love there too:)
Loving plus on vita, GR and now MK, both awesome games on vita. I hope you continue the the great work.
Cheers!

Is there any chance of Mega Man Powered Up arriving on PSN, I would love to rebuy it on the Vita.

Tenchuwoh 29 November, 2012 @ 1:40 pm   37

Oh come on!
PS+ or deals T_T
A deal for PS+ wouldn’t hurt anyone xD

Coody-Baroody 29 November, 2012 @ 1:47 pm   38

Star Wars Force Unleashed 1 DLC,
Shift 2 Unleashed DLC,
Uncharted 3 DLC…

Please make it so St. Christopher! ;)

Jamesyp00 29 November, 2012 @ 2:08 pm   39

I’d love a catch up service too, kicking myself for not getting Deus Ex HR when it was up just because i have the disk, Would love an Okami discount :)

Please, give us an option to buy PS3 titles from the Vita store, I will be away for December with no access to my PS3 ;__;

Gamesgbkiller 29 November, 2012 @ 2:11 pm   41

Ok .. Let’s see then :)

Catkiller1 29 November, 2012 @ 2:16 pm   42

CS:GO…….Joking, joking!

I know Doom Classic Collection has just been released but any chance of a discount for PLUS members?? I can’t justify £11.99 just for Final Doom, as I own Doom 1 & 2 within the Doom 3 BFG release. I would have thought Final Doom would have at least been released, as DLC for DOOM 3 BFG…..a bit silly really!

John_Mc_Clane_4 29 November, 2012 @ 2:16 pm   43

Please add Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 dlc in sale =)

THE_FORCE 29 November, 2012 @ 2:27 pm   44

I hope there’s some free Singstar content. :)

AsmodeanBT 29 November, 2012 @ 2:38 pm   45

Hopefully one of them will be to be able to get rid of the damn SingStar malware.

Will there be PSVITA games?

I am hoping for a Singstar Icon uninstaller and an updated download list for the PSN store :P

Hoping we are going to see some Vita games in the sale :)

bennyrafal 29 November, 2012 @ 3:22 pm   48

Can we get LA Noire Season Pass discount?
And maybe XCOM classic from PS1;)

Singstar Final Killer

almighty-slayer 29 November, 2012 @ 3:24 pm   49

Hope it’s a lot better than last year. It was utterly terrible last year. Didn’t buy anything at all

awww brilliant lol :) thanks sony can mirrors edge be in the line up thanks if use do :)

Load all