Posted 11:00am

We need YOU for the God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta

God of War: Ascension beta

We are recruiting NOW for the God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta.

To be in with a chance of being a selected participant, please register on the God of War: Ascension beta sign-up page. You have until 12.00pm on Friday 7th December to register your interest.

Those chosen will be notified via email when the God of War: Ascension Beta is ready to be accessed, and will be able to access the God of War: Ascension section of PSN Beta. Once logged in to PSN Beta, you can then retrieve your voucher code and get started.

God of War: Ascension sees the debut of multiplayer to God of War for the very first time. So expect all the brutal combat and frenetic action of the God of War series in up to eight-player online battles.

See you in the arena, Spartans!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

51 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

theplotlessplot 30 November, 2012 @ 11:08 am   1

Do Playstation Plus members have automatic access to the Beta or do we still have to sign up?

Ross Alexander 3 December, 2012 @ 9:28 am

You have to sign up to this beta.

More info to come later on PS Plus content.

Nicko_McBrain 30 November, 2012 @ 11:10 am   2

Yay! Submitted!

Do PS+ members automatically get into this beta?

well i have registered, takes 2 seconds :)

if selected will beta testers get any special unlocks in final game?

Ross Alexander 3 December, 2012 @ 9:29 am

No, participation in this beta would provide any unlocks in the final game. What it will do however, is give you a bit of practice so you’re (hopefully) better than those who didn’t take part come launch.

complete submitted,,
I think EU PSN+ PLUS subscribe member Free access to GOW:Ascension BETA,,,please,,

TINTINTB303 30 November, 2012 @ 12:08 pm   6

@GABBA11

I highly doubt it.

Usually when PS+ members get special access to betas then there is a separate blog post.

@TINTINTB303

I remember reading it about a month ago:

It just needs to be confirmed, maybe they changed their mind on how the beta will work.

wow

orzelek69_PL 30 November, 2012 @ 12:30 pm   9

registered :D can’t wait :)

So this is another thing that was supposed to be part of PS+ but actually isn’t. Sony just change the terms and conditions to suit. They cant be trusted.

Ok you can have me:D

wanted1978 30 November, 2012 @ 1:17 pm   12

i sign up and also i have PlayStation plus so please Sony do not reject me

Genpeitoumaden 30 November, 2012 @ 1:38 pm   13

I can’t wait it!!

BestRiver 30 November, 2012 @ 1:46 pm   14

I can’t wait it!!(2)

Cyberendpunk 30 November, 2012 @ 1:49 pm   15

This is one beta I am really looking forward to.

silmorat1 30 November, 2012 @ 1:51 pm   16

Hope I get in!

protek_99pl 30 November, 2012 @ 2:12 pm   17

I love this game!!!

chrisandsheva 30 November, 2012 @ 2:27 pm   18

wasn’t this a plus exclusive beta a couple of weeks back, have just registered and am just hoping that i can get in, i guess there’ll be so many volunteers for this they had to limit it a little. one massive worry i have though is if i have opted out of ps and 3rd party updates, in account management, will that affect my eligibility. can a a staff member please answer this. i know that even if i go and tick the 2 boxes right now it can still take a week or two to update, so am just hoping it doesn’t affect anything. i Really want to play this beta.

LiquidRunner 30 November, 2012 @ 2:45 pm

Hey Chrisandsheva,

This is the first stage of the Beta (after internal testing of course).

As you have enrolled/expressed your interest via the PSN Beta sign-up page and accepted the Beta Agreement, opt in (1st and 3rd) settings do not get taken into account.

Still though – due to other filters and a possible cap on numbers we can’t guarantee entry.

Thanks,
    - LiquidRunner
    PlayStation Beta Trial Coordinator

Catkiller1 30 November, 2012 @ 2:48 pm   19

@ chrisandsheva

I thought you sold your account, PS3 & VITA?? That’s what I was told anyway ;)

chrisandsheva 30 November, 2012 @ 2:58 pm   20

@ LiquidRunner
Thank you for for your reply, i went and opted back into 1st and 3rd notifications anyway, but that is not a problem, like many other GoW fans i can only wait and keep my fingers crossed.

Catkiller1. sorry don’t understand what you say.

Catkiller1 30 November, 2012 @ 3:01 pm   21

I was told that you have had enough & that you sold your PS3, Account & VITA??!!

bennyrafal 30 November, 2012 @ 3:16 pm   22

bring them on!!!

declan__watson 30 November, 2012 @ 4:27 pm   23

Hey there bloggers
Great Ross :) I have just submitted mines cannot wait to try this out. :) Thanks guys LongLivePlay Sony Make.Believe

Kalinho_PL 30 November, 2012 @ 4:28 pm   24

Platinumed every GoW on PS3. Guess we have a winner? :D

Genterman 30 November, 2012 @ 4:59 pm   25

Can’t wait for messeage :D

BubblesPL 30 November, 2012 @ 5:41 pm   26

I got all the God of War games on PS3, platinumed them all, have both PS2 versions as well, and I’m using Kratos avatar since I bought PS3 (almost 3 years now). Hope you guys pick me:).

RamirezMau 30 November, 2012 @ 5:44 pm   27

a ver si tengo suerte :D

yeah, nice=) Beta GoW =)

WasylRambo 30 November, 2012 @ 9:37 pm   29

God of War series is one of my favorites on the ps3 as a fan of this series I would like to not miss the beta is so count on luck in the draw maybe will succeed good luck everyone:)

freelove423 30 November, 2012 @ 9:58 pm   30

good

marine_846 1 December, 2012 @ 6:25 am   31

do you have to have a PS+ membership to access the beta?

magicmike97m 1 December, 2012 @ 10:41 am   32

Just curious to see if multiplayer fits in the game.Although i dont think so based on what we’ve seen so far.
Just dont ruin the franchise guys.

Genterman 1 December, 2012 @ 5:07 pm   33

I Bought Ps3 for Gow. I have every game from series (platinumed all) I finished every game at least three times (each in very hard mode) and I’m still playing :D

call_lorenzo_96 1 December, 2012 @ 6:31 pm   34

Submitted!

Does this games has a single player?

i cant wait sony santa monica i love you and i love the God of war series thanks.the multiplayer looks very exciting and cool but i hope i get the voucher code to the multiplayer beta love you guys and keep making more God of war games thanks.

solarwind12 4 December, 2012 @ 7:02 pm   37

@ OttoT
‘does this Game have single-player’. Yes the full Game is going to be mostly SP, however for this, the Sixth enty in the series, Santa Monica have chosen to add a multipayer mode, now i can remember that we both share the same veiws about certain mp in games, ie just tacked on and usually rubish additions that dev money used for would of been better used to strengthen the sp/story. I am Not concluding that usual example will apply here though, for numerous reasons. i believe the best argument i ‘should’ (not can) use is Santa Monica really don’t need to do this, it isn’t going to make them sell any more units anyway, which is mostly why devs are ‘encouraged’ to add, or tack on a needles mp. I also remember you mentioning a reason you cannot play most mp games. and that your currently in the process of reducing your medication, i hope you are staying strong and succeeding in this. maybe one day you will be in a place that allows you to properly participate in ‘some’ good online modes.. to sum up, mp, in this case really is a added bonus, But sp is mine and others main ‘cannot wait for release’ thought.

solarwind12 4 December, 2012 @ 7:20 pm   38

@ Ross Alexander
thanks for taking the time to answer more posts. as you may see from my avatar i don’t have a plus symbol besides it, and was both surprised and pleased you said it isn’t necessary, i Have applied for beta entry using this account, But i have also asked my brother to apply and he is a plus member, so am hoping that one of us is lucky.. also, if by some chance we’re both chosen, i would appreciate information on how to opt out, or decline, as we share same ps3 so i would feel guilty denying someone else the chance. i am sure that the beta application can record ip address and such, so i assume two codes wouldn’t be sent to one address anyway, but just in case when the next blog goes live a small mention about this ‘worry’ would be very much appreciated.

not a gow fan but seeing as its multiplayer maybe it could change my mind about it. can only try eh

AlphaChris 5 December, 2012 @ 10:18 am   40

I am not that fond of the Idea of added competitive Online-Multiplayer. Ok, it can be seen as added bonus that can be totally ignored if you don’t like it. The one thing I want to hear is that there are no Online-Trophies needed for the Platinum Trophy. I have Platinumed all GoW-Games so far and I do not want online-competitive Multiplayer to spoil it for me.

DeathAwaits121 5 December, 2012 @ 9:27 pm   41

How will the choosing process take place? will you chose at random or take into some kind of consideration of players for the beta?

UAMPBSON123 6 December, 2012 @ 10:39 am   42

Sick! can’t wait!

phattydomino 6 December, 2012 @ 12:41 pm   43

Do you have to have the game in order to take part in the multiplayer beta?

glupia_wymowka 6 December, 2012 @ 12:47 pm   44

Why other countries can’t participate? It’s soo unfair.

LOALAFF-53 6 December, 2012 @ 12:47 pm   45

YEAHHHH !!! Sign-up !!!

Sepelio81 6 December, 2012 @ 1:03 pm   46

@phattydomino

No, you don’t need to have the game. Sign up, then if you get selected you’ll get an email telling you how to download the client. Then play, bug, and make suggestions to your hearts content! :)

Striekoza 6 December, 2012 @ 1:24 pm   47

Done!
Soon we dine in hell! :-D

Nice one

FullBacon 7 December, 2012 @ 8:38 am   49

Were do i register?

hakimjemaa 7 December, 2012 @ 1:54 pm   50

can’t wait to test it cooooooool
do you guys when the beta start ???

Load all