Posted 12:30am

The 12 Deals of Christmas!

12 deals of Christmas

Deal 1: 90-day PS Plus subscription – Was £11.99/€14.99, now £7.99/€9.99 (save up to 33%). Offer expires at 7.00am on 9th December.

Hi everyone! With Christmas just around the corner, ’tis the season to be jolly! Now you have 12 extra special reasons to celebrate as the 12 Deals of Christmas makes its return to PlayStation Store.

Starting on 1st December 2012, PlayStation Store will feature 12 incredible deals for you to unwrap. You will only be able to redeem each deal from PlayStation Store for a period of 48 hours and then they vanish, quicker than a Christmas pudding!

Just like the presents under your tree, we are going to keep these deals under wraps until it’s time for them to be opened. So make sure you keep checking PlayStation Store to find out what the latest amazing deal is. We’ll also update this Blog post every time a deal is added.

Don’t miss out on some great one-time offers – take a sledge ride over to PlayStation Store and treat yourself to a few extra presents this festive season. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

142 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

A very good start. If only I didn’t already have PlayStation Plus.

craigiversen 1 December, 2012 @ 12:37 am   2

Wouldn’t this make sense to be the 12 days of Christmas leading up to Christmas Day (I know you wouldn’t put an offer up on Christmas Day, but at least up to Christmas Eve). It’d be closer to more authentic to the proper 12 days of Christmas, but I guess it wouldn’t grab as much cash.

thezooniverse 1 December, 2012 @ 12:39 am   3

Could I buy this four times to get a years worth for £32 and would It all stack on my current subscription as my Plus runs out on the 18th? Cant wait to find out the other offers :)

luckysalt81 1 December, 2012 @ 12:42 am   4

we need a yr sub, hope its coming, any chance?

You could stack this I assume. You can stack everything else. I may even get an extra 3 months on top of my existing 11 or so remaining!

NoddingPenguin 1 December, 2012 @ 1:00 am   6

It’s a shame this is rendered useless to those of us who already have Plus. Would be nice if the next deal had an extra percentage off for Plus members to make up for it.

@6 how is it useless you can extend your current subscription so still taking advantage of the deal.

Project2insanity 1 December, 2012 @ 1:23 am   8

This is a smoking deal to kick things off. I see no reason why it won’t stack. Not for me, though, I’m already covered for another year and a half but I’d encourage anyone with less than a year left to take this up, especially non-subscribers.

@craigiversen; It gives everyone a better chance to grab a deal. With people being so busy during the festive period, it means one less thing to panic about. You’re right enough that it’ll gain more cash but it works in everybody’s favour.

@2 the deals are valid for 48 hours, so that takes us up to the 24th Dec then

Offer expires at 11.59pm on 7th December

Starting on 1st December 2012…for a period of 48 hours

I don’t get it!

STUPID_DAD 1 December, 2012 @ 1:58 am   11

this deal does not seem to be up on Australian store?

Jestersoil 1 December, 2012 @ 2:01 am   12

good one, but we need games xD :D

Offer expires at 11.59pm on 7th December

Starting on 1st December 2012…for a period of 48 hours

I don’t get it!

ME TOO I DON’T GET IT !!!!!! maybe the guy was drunk when he typed it. lol

Jestersoil 1 December, 2012 @ 3:16 am   14

so… the next deal will be up at 8th of the month???

Jestersoil 1 December, 2012 @ 3:17 am   15

so, next deal will be up at 8th of the month?

GUDGER666 1 December, 2012 @ 5:08 am   16

I think that’s a very poor start, you can get a year subscription for £30 in loads of shops,

chrisboers 1 December, 2012 @ 5:59 am   17

Hi Chris, thanks for posting the first deal on the top page of the blog. Other years we only had to guess what the deal could be, and had to check the store, which many of us never did.
I think this works much better, and I hope you’ll post the other deals here as well.

VITAL45ru 1 December, 2012 @ 6:12 am   18

АЛЁ

Voodoo341 1 December, 2012 @ 7:56 am   19

Well that’s day one wasted…. next!

Great I want to buy plus!!!

redalertrules 1 December, 2012 @ 8:07 am   21

Hey Chris thanks for the many deals you have giving us in your short time so far i have took advantage of alot of them. I was just wanting to ask if mafia 2 will ever get a discount or the dlc as when either does i will pick all up for sure as have on steam but got back into ps3 this year and would love to play it again
happy holidays everyone by the way

Voodoo341 1 December, 2012 @ 8:24 am   22

Any one that thinks these sales are good value just beware! SCEE have a habit of being very misleading in their sales. Below is just a small example of the current ‘sales and PS+ discounts’ on the store that are still significantly more expensive that retail. Buyer beware, don’t be giving SCEE your money when their ‘sales’ are a rip off.

F1 Race Stars PSN – £35.99 : Amazon – £27 (8.99)
Saints Row 3rd FP PSN – £33.99 : Amazon – £29 (4.99)
Tekken TT 2 PSN – £31.99 : Tesco.com – £23 (8.99)
Dirt Showdown PSN – £44.99 : Argos – £27 (17.99!!!!)
Sorcery – £12.59 : Amazon – £10 (2.59)
Total savings avoiding SCEE rip off sale prices – £43.55.. save more than the PS+ sub cost avoiding the SCEE PS+ ‘Sale’ price on just five games!

xrictocGr 1 December, 2012 @ 8:27 am   23

Hey Chris could you communicate with the ps store team about a problem,that recently occured?On 27th of September Mass effect 3 price was reduced from 69,99 euros to 29,99 euros,but after the last playstation store update it went up to 69,99 again!please fix it :/

BiGsMoO7ke 1 December, 2012 @ 8:52 am   24

can you tell how much this gonna cost at my store?

Would be great for some sort of hints, even little ones, I don’t want to go buying something you might be unveiling later in the month.

Great to see PS+ first though, such a great service you guys are pushing out.

lol @ all the people moaning about this deal! how sad.

will stock up a couple of these on top of my current membership!

THE_FORCE 1 December, 2012 @ 9:31 am   27

I agree Fatty. Playstation plus is a godsend. Gonna order a few of these muthers up!

bennyrafal 1 December, 2012 @ 9:33 am   28

Those ppl never had ps+ they newbies to it, so thats normal :)
Deal is ok, will see how it look in Polish store.

Falcon1991 1 December, 2012 @ 9:35 am   29

That is quite a compelling deal. I may renew Plus.

Best if the next deal has a ps plus discount. I already have ps plus so this deal isn’t too useful for me.

alvin_vjeverica 1 December, 2012 @ 9:56 am   31

Please let us know: Is a 12 month PS Plus membership also going to be on sale?

@13

Yea I don’t get it either. Which is it?

Not a great start in my opinion. The 12 deals should be kept for games because that’s what we’re waiting for, cheap games. If you want to discount plus do it as a side deal. Hopefully that’s the last of this sort of thing and the rest of the deals are games.

hitman_stephen 1 December, 2012 @ 10:05 am   34

So is the offer available for 48 hours or till 7th december?

THE_FORCE 1 December, 2012 @ 10:07 am   35

Brilliant start I reckon. A yearly sub (bar 5 days) for £31.96 is a bargain!! :)

VitalogyPJ 1 December, 2012 @ 10:08 am   36

Yay now you can all RENT (selected old a$$) games for €10 a month XD during three months.

Now if you don’t renew the subscription after that time and haven’t got time to play through the games without rushing them (because not all of us play games for a living but in our SPARE TIME) too bad for you because the games will be gone.

PS+ is one of the worst milking cows ever invented by sony and unfortunately there will always be people willing to pay for it.

Here’s the thing mr sony, IF I subscribe to something with a anual fee and during that period you decide you want to give me something isn’t it rude to take it back just because I didn’t want to renew that subscription in the end? I mean, you were the ones that decide to give me something get it?

Let’s say you have a BFF (Best Friend Forever) and you give them a clock just because, then at some point a few weeks later you have a fight and never talk again, are you really gonna claim that watch for you again? Because that’s what you’re doing with the ps+.

I say, go milk someone else somewhere else ;)

This is a good deal as long as the next offer is not money off a 12 month PS Plus subscription. I really think we all need confirmation that this is NOT going to be the case. My PS Plus subscription is stacked up until September 2014 so I wont buy this offer. I would be tempted if they did an offer for 12 months though.

So can you answer this for us please Chris??

THE_FORCE 1 December, 2012 @ 10:14 am   38

@ Vitalogy. You rent your phone line, your internet, your satellite TV etc. No difference. ;)

So 12 deals… 48 hours each… the updates should be days 1 4 7 10 13 16 19 22 25 28 31 3 (plus day 6 Christmas)

No, they’ll be 1 3 5 7 9 11 13 15 17 19 21 23. The day one vanish the other deal emerges.

igamer357 1 December, 2012 @ 10:39 am   41

Pointless offering downloadable content when the price for a decent sized memory card is ridiculous.

How (REMOVED) am I. I just renewed 90 days yesterday at regular price, God damn you Sony

1 question.
How it would be if i have already 1 year subscription which ends in the middle of next year and. Will my current subscription be extended about 3 months if i buy mentioned 3 months sub?

THE_FORCE 1 December, 2012 @ 10:54 am   44

@Yestri – it just adds another 90 days on to your current subscription. So if, for example, you bought the deal four times over, your current subscription would be increased by 360 days. :)

To add a bit of fun you give us clues to the remeaning deals. Don’t make them too obvious though.

KusariSoul 1 December, 2012 @ 11:04 am   46

Great First Offer … #Stacked 8-)

tempted to stack but i think ill hold off as i have a year left and ill prob wait till next years plus aniversary to pick up another year with whatever the offer is then.

graet deal for people on the fence about plus and i suspect the other 11 offers will have extra plus discounts so no excuses now to miss out on them.

I already have a PS+ subscription, Will it add to my existing subscription?

Also, I have a 1 month PS+ code from Hitman: Absolution. If I use the code, will that add to my existing subscription too?

RossyWilson 1 December, 2012 @ 11:34 am   49

I was hoping for free games for plus members like last year. Althought the new games added to the IGC this month were great so i’ll let you off chris. Lets hope we get some killer discounts over the next few days.

residentSteve 1 December, 2012 @ 11:38 am   50

Nice offer but off topic is any one else having problems trying download the r&c demo off the store it just says product cannot be purchased at this time?

Load all