Posted 1 December

The 12 Deals of Christmas!

12 deals of Christmas

Deal 1: 90-day PS Plus subscription – Was £11.99/€14.99, now £7.99/€9.99 (save up to 33%). Offer expires at 7.00am on 9th December.

Hi everyone! With Christmas just around the corner, ’tis the season to be jolly! Now you have 12 extra special reasons to celebrate as the 12 Deals of Christmas makes its return to PlayStation Store.

Starting on 1st December 2012, PlayStation Store will feature 12 incredible deals for you to unwrap. You will only be able to redeem each deal from PlayStation Store for a period of 48 hours and then they vanish, quicker than a Christmas pudding!

Just like the presents under your tree, we are going to keep these deals under wraps until it’s time for them to be opened. So make sure you keep checking PlayStation Store to find out what the latest amazing deal is. We’ll also update this Blog post every time a deal is added.

Don’t miss out on some great one-time offers – take a sledge ride over to PlayStation Store and treat yourself to a few extra presents this festive season. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

140 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

A very good start. If only I didn’t already have PlayStation Plus.

craigiversen 1 December, 2012 @ 12:37 am   2

Wouldn’t this make sense to be the 12 days of Christmas leading up to Christmas Day (I know you wouldn’t put an offer up on Christmas Day, but at least up to Christmas Eve). It’d be closer to more authentic to the proper 12 days of Christmas, but I guess it wouldn’t grab as much cash.

thezooniverse 1 December, 2012 @ 12:39 am   3

Could I buy this four times to get a years worth for £32 and would It all stack on my current subscription as my Plus runs out on the 18th? Cant wait to find out the other offers :)

luckysalt81 1 December, 2012 @ 12:42 am   4

we need a yr sub, hope its coming, any chance?

You could stack this I assume. You can stack everything else. I may even get an extra 3 months on top of my existing 11 or so remaining!

NoddingPenguin 1 December, 2012 @ 1:00 am   6

It’s a shame this is rendered useless to those of us who already have Plus. Would be nice if the next deal had an extra percentage off for Plus members to make up for it.

@6 how is it useless you can extend your current subscription so still taking advantage of the deal.

Project2insanity 1 December, 2012 @ 1:23 am   8

This is a smoking deal to kick things off. I see no reason why it won’t stack. Not for me, though, I’m already covered for another year and a half but I’d encourage anyone with less than a year left to take this up, especially non-subscribers.

@craigiversen; It gives everyone a better chance to grab a deal. With people being so busy during the festive period, it means one less thing to panic about. You’re right enough that it’ll gain more cash but it works in everybody’s favour.

@2 the deals are valid for 48 hours, so that takes us up to the 24th Dec then

Offer expires at 11.59pm on 7th December

Starting on 1st December 2012…for a period of 48 hours

I don’t get it!

STUPID_DAD 1 December, 2012 @ 1:58 am   11

this deal does not seem to be up on Australian store?

Jestersoil 1 December, 2012 @ 2:01 am   12

good one, but we need games xD :D

Offer expires at 11.59pm on 7th December

Starting on 1st December 2012…for a period of 48 hours

I don’t get it!

ME TOO I DON’T GET IT !!!!!! maybe the guy was drunk when he typed it. lol

Jestersoil 1 December, 2012 @ 3:16 am   14

so… the next deal will be up at 8th of the month???

Jestersoil 1 December, 2012 @ 3:17 am   15

so, next deal will be up at 8th of the month?

GUDGER666 1 December, 2012 @ 5:08 am   16

I think that’s a very poor start, you can get a year subscription for £30 in loads of shops,

chrisboers 1 December, 2012 @ 5:59 am   17

Hi Chris, thanks for posting the first deal on the top page of the blog. Other years we only had to guess what the deal could be, and had to check the store, which many of us never did.
I think this works much better, and I hope you’ll post the other deals here as well.

VITAL45ru 1 December, 2012 @ 6:12 am   18

АЛЁ

Voodoo341 1 December, 2012 @ 7:56 am   19

Well that’s day one wasted…. next!

Great I want to buy plus!!!

redalertrules 1 December, 2012 @ 8:07 am   21

Hey Chris thanks for the many deals you have giving us in your short time so far i have took advantage of alot of them. I was just wanting to ask if mafia 2 will ever get a discount or the dlc as when either does i will pick all up for sure as have on steam but got back into ps3 this year and would love to play it again
happy holidays everyone by the way

Voodoo341 1 December, 2012 @ 8:24 am   22

Any one that thinks these sales are good value just beware! SCEE have a habit of being very misleading in their sales. Below is just a small example of the current ‘sales and PS+ discounts’ on the store that are still significantly more expensive that retail. Buyer beware, don’t be giving SCEE your money when their ‘sales’ are a rip off.

F1 Race Stars PSN – £35.99 : Amazon – £27 (8.99)
Saints Row 3rd FP PSN – £33.99 : Amazon – £29 (4.99)
Tekken TT 2 PSN – £31.99 : Tesco.com – £23 (8.99)
Dirt Showdown PSN – £44.99 : Argos – £27 (17.99!!!!)
Sorcery – £12.59 : Amazon – £10 (2.59)
Total savings avoiding SCEE rip off sale prices – £43.55.. save more than the PS+ sub cost avoiding the SCEE PS+ ‘Sale’ price on just five games!

xrictocGr 1 December, 2012 @ 8:27 am   23

Hey Chris could you communicate with the ps store team about a problem,that recently occured?On 27th of September Mass effect 3 price was reduced from 69,99 euros to 29,99 euros,but after the last playstation store update it went up to 69,99 again!please fix it :/

BiGsMoO7ke 1 December, 2012 @ 8:52 am   24

can you tell how much this gonna cost at my store?

Would be great for some sort of hints, even little ones, I don’t want to go buying something you might be unveiling later in the month.

Great to see PS+ first though, such a great service you guys are pushing out.

lol @ all the people moaning about this deal! how sad.

will stock up a couple of these on top of my current membership!

THE_FORCE 1 December, 2012 @ 9:31 am   27

I agree Fatty. Playstation plus is a godsend. Gonna order a few of these muthers up!

bennyrafal 1 December, 2012 @ 9:33 am   28

Those ppl never had ps+ they newbies to it, so thats normal :)
Deal is ok, will see how it look in Polish store.

Falcon1991 1 December, 2012 @ 9:35 am   29

That is quite a compelling deal. I may renew Plus.

Best if the next deal has a ps plus discount. I already have ps plus so this deal isn’t too useful for me.

alvin_vjeverica 1 December, 2012 @ 9:56 am   31

Please let us know: Is a 12 month PS Plus membership also going to be on sale?

@13

Yea I don’t get it either. Which is it?

Not a great start in my opinion. The 12 deals should be kept for games because that’s what we’re waiting for, cheap games. If you want to discount plus do it as a side deal. Hopefully that’s the last of this sort of thing and the rest of the deals are games.

hitman_stephen 1 December, 2012 @ 10:05 am   34

So is the offer available for 48 hours or till 7th december?

THE_FORCE 1 December, 2012 @ 10:07 am   35

Brilliant start I reckon. A yearly sub (bar 5 days) for £31.96 is a bargain!! :)

VitalogyPJ 1 December, 2012 @ 10:08 am   36

Yay now you can all RENT (selected old a$$) games for €10 a month XD during three months.

Now if you don’t renew the subscription after that time and haven’t got time to play through the games without rushing them (because not all of us play games for a living but in our SPARE TIME) too bad for you because the games will be gone.

PS+ is one of the worst milking cows ever invented by sony and unfortunately there will always be people willing to pay for it.

Here’s the thing mr sony, IF I subscribe to something with a anual fee and during that period you decide you want to give me something isn’t it rude to take it back just because I didn’t want to renew that subscription in the end? I mean, you were the ones that decide to give me something get it?

Let’s say you have a BFF (Best Friend Forever) and you give them a clock just because, then at some point a few weeks later you have a fight and never talk again, are you really gonna claim that watch for you again? Because that’s what you’re doing with the ps+.

I say, go milk someone else somewhere else ;)

This is a good deal as long as the next offer is not money off a 12 month PS Plus subscription. I really think we all need confirmation that this is NOT going to be the case. My PS Plus subscription is stacked up until September 2014 so I wont buy this offer. I would be tempted if they did an offer for 12 months though.

So can you answer this for us please Chris??

THE_FORCE 1 December, 2012 @ 10:14 am   38

@ Vitalogy. You rent your phone line, your internet, your satellite TV etc. No difference. ;)

So 12 deals… 48 hours each… the updates should be days 1 4 7 10 13 16 19 22 25 28 31 3 (plus day 6 Christmas)

No, they’ll be 1 3 5 7 9 11 13 15 17 19 21 23. The day one vanish the other deal emerges.

igamer357 1 December, 2012 @ 10:39 am   41

Pointless offering downloadable content when the price for a decent sized memory card is ridiculous.

How (REMOVED) am I. I just renewed 90 days yesterday at regular price, God damn you Sony

1 question.
How it would be if i have already 1 year subscription which ends in the middle of next year and. Will my current subscription be extended about 3 months if i buy mentioned 3 months sub?

THE_FORCE 1 December, 2012 @ 10:54 am   44

@Yestri – it just adds another 90 days on to your current subscription. So if, for example, you bought the deal four times over, your current subscription would be increased by 360 days. :)

To add a bit of fun you give us clues to the remeaning deals. Don’t make them too obvious though.

KusariSoul 1 December, 2012 @ 11:04 am   46

Great First Offer … #Stacked 8-)

tempted to stack but i think ill hold off as i have a year left and ill prob wait till next years plus aniversary to pick up another year with whatever the offer is then.

graet deal for people on the fence about plus and i suspect the other 11 offers will have extra plus discounts so no excuses now to miss out on them.

I already have a PS+ subscription, Will it add to my existing subscription?

Also, I have a 1 month PS+ code from Hitman: Absolution. If I use the code, will that add to my existing subscription too?

RossyWilson 1 December, 2012 @ 11:34 am   49

I was hoping for free games for plus members like last year. Althought the new games added to the IGC this month were great so i’ll let you off chris. Lets hope we get some killer discounts over the next few days.

residentSteve 1 December, 2012 @ 11:38 am   50

Nice offer but off topic is any one else having problems trying download the r&c demo off the store it just says product cannot be purchased at this time?

krafty1989 1 December, 2012 @ 11:48 am   51

All subscriptions are stackable.
Mine runs out on 2/1/2013 11:36 just bought 90days using Game reward points and this £7.99 deal.

It says on your PS+ games the expiry date if you press triangle->Information then scroll down.

But if you go to Account Management->Transaction management->Services list->Playstation PLus->Playstation Plus it will say the start date (the day after) and the new expiry date.

I’d have offered the 1 year subscription, not I’d need it. My subscription already lasts till 2015. I just hope that we won’t see another entry for Plus then, I want great game sales!

And yeah, that “till 7.12″ but “only 48 hours” seems quite confusing.

mithrandir_sc 1 December, 2012 @ 11:56 am   53

For some reason, 90-day subscription was listed for me as 5.62 euro. Bought 2 – best PS+ deal ever!

craggyisland 1 December, 2012 @ 12:12 pm   54

Mine was due to run out on 13th so cracking deal, nice one!!

HalfaKirby 1 December, 2012 @ 12:36 pm   55

And what about Portugal? We dont get anything? :(

VitalogyPJ 1 December, 2012 @ 12:38 pm   56

@#36 You’re missing my point and your examples doesn’t stack with what I said.

Lets say you go to any game store of your choice and buy a retail game, you go home and play a bit of it and then either because of work or personal/social life you spend 6 months, a year, whatever without playing, but all the sudden you get some free time and want to play that game, finish it, you have it there so no problem. Now lets imagine that the store acted like the ps+ and after whatever time if you don’t go there spend more money they simply took your game back.

I know I know you’re probably thinking that the store you’re buying the game and the ps+ they’re offering, well it’s correct but my point stands and the previous example too, once you give something to someone are you really gonna take it back just because whatever happened?

You pay for the “sevice” (ps+) and they make a game a bit cheaper and then you decide you no longer wnat that service and do not renew it and they take the game back?

Makes no sense to me at all.

Just one thing with ps+

I am a member since the very first day (June 2010), and i have to congratulate you for the improvement of the service… I think it´s one of the best things that sony did. I had another videogames platforms and i sold it cause of the free games and discounts of playstation plus

But you can improve a little more, i mean, it should be good to have a rule wich is That every discounted content , i mean Exclusive discount for psn+ members like GTA 4 now (11,69€ for plus) should be content that will not be free for playstation + members for, at least 6 months since the discount appeared). It happened to me with red dead redemption, the game was discounted one or two months before becomes free for plus members…

Thats the reason why i didn´t buy Uncharted at 7,99 €, Motorstorm RC at 3,99 €, GTA 4 at 11,69 €…

:) Thank you and congrats for the service

HalfaKirby 1 December, 2012 @ 12:42 pm   58

Nevermind.. :)

Silly me, we just need to CLICK on the “sub 90 Days for only 15€”, and the price changes :P

@ Vitalogy PJ

a. If you let your subscription expire without having played these free games and then you re-subscribe, your games will still be there waiting for you.

b. The price you’re paying for the subscription is so low that as soon as you buy only a few games on discount you’ve already made a profit, so you can consider all the free games as a bonus!

c. And all discounted games you buy are yours to keep forever, yes, even after your subscription expires!

c. But none of that matters because if you subscribe you will never want to allow your subscription to expire anyway!!!

TINTINTB303 1 December, 2012 @ 1:02 pm   60

@ VitalogyPJ

So you think PS+ is not a great service and worth every penny then??

You Sir are MAD!!!

PS+ is one of the best (if not the best) services for gaming (be it rental schemes, sales etc etc).

Your “argument” holds NO water.

PS+ = Amazing value for money.

If you are worried about your subscription running out then why not stack 3 or 4 of these deals?!?

I’m subbed for the next 400 (or so days) anyway because I got the 12month £29.99 offer back in September so I’ll give this a miss.

Anyone thinking about taking the PS+ plunge. Now there is NO excuse at £7.99 for a 3 month sub.

Again. You Sir are one insane puppy.

Project2insanity 1 December, 2012 @ 1:06 pm   61

@VitalogyPJ; You’re actually missing his point. Nobody said Plus buys you new games, it’s closer to a rent shop than your example but is subscription-based which is why he mentioned renting phone line, etc. If you don’t use your phone for a year then cancel, it’s no different to what you said about Plus.

TINTINTB303 1 December, 2012 @ 1:08 pm   62

A full 12 month sub at £39.99 is about 77p per week!!!

Please tell me of ANY service offering the kind of content PS+ does for that kind of money!?

Oh that’s right there isn’t one ;-)

Voodoo341 1 December, 2012 @ 1:09 pm   63

PS+ is great if you’ve just got a PS3 or don’t buy many games. But if you’re a long time PS3 owner who bought a lot of games the value is severely diminished. Especially now when SCEE have cut back on the number of new game discounts in order to fund the Vita content.

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 1 December, 2012 @ 1:40 pm   64

One retail game and you’ve got your money’s worth. I know people who subscribed at £11.99 for Crysis 2 alone. Another “Plus” about the timing of this deal, is people can subscribe at the discounted rate and pick up November’s content.

-Chris thank you i’ll get a year and i’ll gift 3 months sub to a friend on the border about plus

-i agree with TINTINTB303 about ps+ is amazing and not for the free games,i got more than that as it introduced new games to me i NEVER EVER thought about playing it .ps+ open new gates to the world of gaming …

u also have to remember some ps3 owners cant afford to but new games every week or a month and i know friends like that ,they are buzzing with plus as it saves them alot of money .

maybe down the line will see somthing like PLUS PRO for Hardcore Gamers !!

finally anyone know of any puzzle game that let u creat a puzzle within the game & share it with your friends? my son asked me about this :)

It is really well hidden in store. There is a “deal of the week” section among the deals, but that one is entirely empty. Nothing hints that the 90days sub would be cheaper, if you wouldn’t know from this blog.

I don’t see how anyone can complain about PS Plus. It’s a cracking deal at £39.99 for a year. If you buy 4 of the 3 month subscriptions you get a years worth for less than £32. I’m now thinking about doing this and I’m already stacked up until September 2014!!

Jamesyp00 1 December, 2012 @ 1:54 pm   68

Cool enough start but i was excited for some games to start the deals!

what the hell, i bought this ps plus because the playstation blog says you can stack it on existing ps plus membership but it still says my games are going to expire on the same date they were going to before buying?

@Terarded – The way to cure this is to go your download list,any game you got through PS Plus if you click to start downloading again then just cancel the download straight away. Go back to your game and the expiry date will have updated. It’s a pain but it does work.

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 1 December, 2012 @ 2:22 pm   71

Starting and aborting the download may give piece of mind, but it isn’t necessary unless you are offline more often than not. Once you approach your original expiry date, it will automatically update to the new one when you start the game (providing you are signed in of course).

VitalogyPJ 1 December, 2012 @ 2:27 pm   72

I was never worried about letting the subscription run out and lose my games, what bothers me and which I don’t like is the fact that if I chose to not renew the subscription I’ll lose games they offered, meaning that in practical terms they’re lying because they’re not offering but renting. I don’t like to be lied and I consider that some kind of “scam” (quotes are there for a reason). Why? Well for starters because they say they give you the game for free BUT they take it back if you do not renew, which is kinda the same as some “mental game” to try and hook you up to renew every time.

Most of the time ps+ is (and excuse me for having my opinion) crap. Exception made once or maybe twice a year, I see all the time on here blogposts ps+ users ranting about ps+ content so please don’t tell me it’s that great deal.

Make those given games given forever without ‘em being taken back and you’ll see plenty more subscribers, even if there for 3 months or a simple year and nothing but that.

On my month trial and just bought 12 months for £32!

Excellent start to the promotion. Timely too for me as I was thinking of adding another 90 days soon anyway.

@ Vitalogy PJ

Again, you can save much more than the value of a year’s subscription to PS Plus only from the discounts, and these are yours to keep even after the subscription has expired.

Many games get discounts on ps plus of 30% and more, which roughly means that you get your money back if you buy 3 or 4 discounted games over a year.

Consider all the “free” games as something extra and you’ll (hopefully) be able to appreciate this fantastic offer.

Need I remind you that other consoles require a subscription just to be able to play online?

VenomousAlbino 1 December, 2012 @ 3:15 pm   76

The sheer idiocy behind the majority of the comments on this Blog post genuinely angers and baffles me.

@ Vitalogy PJ

its a bargain renting service like no other in the world,you are getting to rent £100′s thats hundreds of pounds worth or digital content for £40 a year plus you get discounts & beta access. what on earth do you want more for your £40 (which you probably paid £30 for) ? a share in the Sony company ?

Coody-Baroody 1 December, 2012 @ 4:04 pm   78

To all that seem to think this offer isnt any good to us that are already subscribed, you couldnt be more wrong and i thought that now it was common knowledge we can buy this offer and it will exiend our subsriptions and will kick in when your current subs run out.

This deal is a good one and is of great appeal to ALL Playstation customers, Plus subscribers already or not.

Coody-Baroody 1 December, 2012 @ 4:30 pm   79

@Vitalogy PJ

How on EARTH can you say that PS+ is a scam? Sony categorically state time & time again everything that PS+ Includes and does NOT include in the price of subscription so by definition it CANT be a scam. They also never say that we get free games in the subs, they say that we get free ACCESS to all the great games and its that access we lose when our subs runs out.

But, nobody can say now and be taken seriously when they say PS+ is anything but a total BARGAIN. Especially now we have it on Vita. The free ACCESS to the games we get is worth the subs price ALONE let alone the bargains we get at further discounted prices during store sales and such.

Since E3 2012 and the start of the Instant Game Coll, PS+ has been amazing value and just seems to be getting better and better. Especially for us here in Europe. PS+ is now the bargain of the century and an ESSENTIAL buy especially for trophy hunters like myself cos as soon as i get the Plat & 100% ill never play the game again anyway.

silent_strike95 1 December, 2012 @ 4:44 pm   80

@ VitalogyPJ
I just have to say, if you bought a subscription to, let’s say Lovefilm, would you expect to be able to watch any film you’d previously watched on the service after your subscription ran out? It’s pretty much the same thing as PS+. You pay them a monthly fee, you get films for “free”. With PS+, you pay them either quarterly or yearly, and get “free” games.
This is the world of subscriptions. Personally, I’d love to know your opinion on something like WoW. Surely, with what you are saying about PS+, you should only have to pay for one month of WoW then have access to your character forever, right? Or is a subscription fee acceptable in this case?
And just incase anyone says anything to me about this, I want to clarify: I love PS+. Been subscribed since it began. Don’t plan on unsubscribing anytime soon, so no, I’m not in any way complaining about the subscription. It’s a very fair price.

Eversmann22 1 December, 2012 @ 5:21 pm   81

I am confused. Is the PS+ offer until 7th or only the next 48 hours?

Just a thought but does anyone know if you need to maintain ps+ to keep the discounted annual sub to music unlimited?
Just saying because at the moment it is reduced for plus users who can buy an annual sub for about £12(UK). Signing up for 90 days plus at £7.99 would therefore mean you could get a whole year of music unlimited for less than £20! Bargain!

Well done Sony! Great way to start the 12 deals. I’m already a subscriber, but will definately top up with 90 days at this great price.

Really don’t understand why there are so many complaints about plus. The service is amazing and the games are top quality. I used to purchase games regularly, but just can’t afford it anymore since being married. PS+ gives me a great chance to play something different all the time.

My wife bought me a Vita, so was also well happy to see the introduction of these games. A huge surprise and hopefully this will even go towards helping Vita sales within the PS community.

Happy gaming everyone and welcome to the great world of PS+ for all first time subscribers out there.

great offer going to take advantage for sure

this is actually a pretty good deal when you think about it. if you buy four of these you will get a years subscription but about 20$ cheaper (in au dollars, not sure in differences for the rest of you but roughly about 30%)

I don’t think anybody could deny it’s a good deal because it is good. My problem with it is that i feel the 12 deals should of all been games and the plus offers should of been run in conjunction with them. That way everybody wins/ is happy.

TINTINTB303 2 December, 2012 @ 10:16 am   87

@ Vitalogy PJ

That’s just it.

Please take 2 minutes and watch the big promo video for PS+ (the one with DJ Fresh “Gold Rush” tune on it). Even on there it clearly states [IN BIG GOLD LETTERS no less] that you keep the games as long as you have a valid, up to date subscription to PS+

Ask any Sony employee and they will tell you this and it is common knowledge that you have the games as long as you have a sub so I don’t see how or where Sony are telling porkies?!?

Fair enough you think that PS+ is crap and that’s cool as of course you are allowed your own opinion but at no point do Sony try and fool people about the terms and conditions of the PS+ service.

TINTINTB303 2 December, 2012 @ 10:31 am   88

@ Voodoo

I agree with you that PS+ is a LOAD less appealing to the Sony customers out there who buy a lot of new games on a regular basis over the years. That is a given.

I know a lad that buys most games when they come out (for Vita and PS3) and he also has a PS+ sub. He still likes the service because there will be the odd game here and there (only a few titles will cover the cost of the PS+ sub) that he hasn’t got, played, or rented already.

The cloud saves are great too.

Last night after a 6 hour Sleeping Dogs session I pressed the wrong button and and deleted my save file!!! D’oh :-(
Lucky I have cloud saves as I have only lost the 6 hours progress I played yesterday and not the entire 28 hours I’ve spent since I got the game.

77p per week JUST for cloud saves and auto updates is good value in my opinion.

As for the Vita content affecting the quality of PS3 games on PS+.

Batman: Arkham City says Hi (I already own(ed) it but it goes to show the PS3 content is still top notch)

luckymurfitt 2 December, 2012 @ 10:43 am   89

you CAN stack them thats what i did i bought two years worth of subs for 63.92 only!!!

THE_FORCE 2 December, 2012 @ 11:16 am   90

As regards to not physically owning the ‘free’ games once your subscription expires, I am only talking from experience, but I expect that most people won’t play the game again anyway whether they have rented it or bought a physical copy.

I’ve got a couple of drawers full of games that I’ll never play again simply because I’ve had my use from them. I imagine I’m not the only one that can relate to this.

If I choose not to renew my subscription after a year, then I won’t feel shortchanged by not having access to the content as I probably wouldn’t play those games again anyway!!

prycestation3 2 December, 2012 @ 11:17 am   91

I think it means 48 hours after the first deal a new deal will appear and the 7th December is when the 1st deal expires. Anyway thanks for the PS Plus discount I already just bought a subscription now have 2 which runs out 3rd of June got ages Thanks guys.

Voodoo341 2 December, 2012 @ 11:30 am   92

@TinTinTB303

Cloud saves are poorly implemented. The fact you have to save onto your HD before it updates to the cloud is an idiotic system. As for auto updates, I’ve PS+ have have it switched off. Don’t and won’t be using. It would be better if they’d improve the infrastructure so updates don’t take hours to download.

The only thing PS+ had that was of any benefit to me was the discounts and beta’s. They’ve reduced the number of discounts on new PSN games dramatically so they can provide content for PS+ Vita (which I don’t own and wont be buying) and PS+ doesn’t get you into betas anymore (See GOW: Asc beta blog). For older game discounts, take a look at my previous posts. You can save over £40 buying just five games from retailers rather than from the PS store (including their PS+ discount). Rip off.

Phantom_Blaze 2 December, 2012 @ 11:43 am   93

I don’t know whether any of you have realised but 48 hours after the 1st December is not the 7th December. It should be the 3rd December.

Also, do you know when we are going to get the Assassin’s Creed 3 theme and avatars? Seeing as the game has been out since October, the US store has already got them, why has the UK store not got them yet?

maneesh2705 2 December, 2012 @ 11:52 am   94

Will get it on exactly 7th December. I also have a question. If I get this 90 days subscription, will it add up if I already have a 30 day PS+ activated or vice-versa?

nikosgr84 2 December, 2012 @ 12:18 pm   95

maneesh2705 i just bought 2 90 days subscription and in accound managment says “expire date 6/6/13″ (I had allready 5 days from my last subscription) so yes it will add up… Very good deal. Thank you SONY..

DENUM3000 2 December, 2012 @ 12:19 pm   96

Я ТУТ МУЛЬТИК

TINTINTB303 2 December, 2012 @ 12:23 pm   97

@ maneesh2705

Yeah you can stack all the different length subs.

You could have the free 30 day trial and already have bought a 12 month sub and you could still buy a few of these on top.

You can stack any combination and amount of different PS+ subs.

TINTINTB303 2 December, 2012 @ 12:24 pm   98

@Force

Very good point ;-)

Hellas-ICXC 2 December, 2012 @ 12:30 pm   99

On the hellenic store the 3-months subscription costs 5.62 €, bought 2, thanks for the offer scee.

THE_FORCE 2 December, 2012 @ 12:31 pm   100

Cheers homee. ;)

theStoneSkull 2 December, 2012 @ 12:36 pm   101

ignore the whining children.. this is a nice unexpected bonus..
my first month with ps+ has been great and will extend for another 3 months happily.. i’m really enjoying chronovolt on the vita and i also really like the mutant blob game and i think if it wasn’t for subscribing to ps+ i may never have tried them.. also i was thinking of buying gravity rush before but i get to play it for free now.. i’m savoring it as i think it’s one of the most unique games i’ve played in a long time. i’m looking forward to the surprises during the next few weeks.. thanks sony. merry christmas :)

InsomniacMind 2 December, 2012 @ 12:50 pm   102

I became a plus member since the welcome back programme and have never even considered ending my subscription. I renewed for a year a couple of months ago at the normal rate and I just got myself 6 extra months (bought it twice) at a discount thanks to this december deal. Now I’m good until mid 2014 so I’m happy happy joy joy. Curious about what the rest is and also looking forward to the PS+ Batman game this month.

THE_FORCE 2 December, 2012 @ 1:11 pm   103

When I first subbed to plus a year ago, I don’t think I used it much initially as I was more than likely too lazy and ignorant to find out what was being offered. When I did take the time out to investigate what I could get for free I thought I had misunderstood lol.

A shedload of AAA titles like Deadspace 2 and Just Cause 2. Heck I paid top whack for Just Cause 2 and spent about 3 months on the game as it is insanely good.

To get it for free is way too good a deal to ignore. :)

zajednicki 2 December, 2012 @ 1:28 pm   104

I just bought, for the first time, PSN+ … Now, if i wanna buy another one, at this price, is it possible? And will it be added after this, so, basiccly, if i buy 4 times at 7,99 GBP, ill have a year subscribe, for 32 GBP ?

bikramshrestha 2 December, 2012 @ 1:29 pm   105

another 3 month in the bag . thanks

InsomniacMind 2 December, 2012 @ 1:36 pm   106

@106 yes it stacks up

Jamesyp00 2 December, 2012 @ 3:03 pm   107

So is there another Deal today? Or is it every two days we get one? I’m a bit confused when we’ll be getting each deal.

legspeleo 2 December, 2012 @ 3:09 pm   108

Absolute bargin considering you can get a full year of Music unlimited atm if you are a PS+ subscriber for £11.99 (normally 121.54) which is a saving of over £100 already!! plus you can access it from pc/mac iphone etc. kinda beats Apples own music match service!

Andy-wangshuo 2 December, 2012 @ 3:21 pm   109

OMG! I always failed to pay for it! Any one kowns the reason?

No deal today?????

Alan2112 2 December, 2012 @ 4:12 pm   111

Next deal is tomorrow,every 2 days.

Jamesyp00 2 December, 2012 @ 4:41 pm   112

Could we not have the deal today? As the store’s gonna be down tomorrow.

DAVEHUDSON 2 December, 2012 @ 4:52 pm   113

ok can i ask i how do i find out when i need to pay my ps plus next ? befor i go for this

TINTINTB303 2 December, 2012 @ 5:03 pm   114

@voodoo

I am not being cocky or smart when I ask you this but why do you even bother with Sony/Playstation??

I’ve only ever heard you slag off anything and everything they do.

I swear there is NO pleasing you.

I bet if Sony were to put up their entire back catalog on PS+ and you would still find something to moan about.

Basically what I am saying/asking is why do you bother having anything to do with a company you so obviously hate and think can do NOTHING right??

It’s a free country. There isn’t anyone holding a gun to your head making you stay a Sony/Playstation customer.

I do not get why you hang about or have anything to do with the company!?!

Again purely out of interest what would Sony have to do to make you a happy satisfied customer??

*honest question, I’m not wanting an argument ;-)

Carobnjak1976 2 December, 2012 @ 5:39 pm   115

@InsomniacMind, thank you ….

I wanted to know this too ….

This is a real good offer, 33 percent down …

And more free games will be great …

J_Davies-Bunting 2 December, 2012 @ 5:57 pm   116

I’ve been thinking whether to get this or not since the new style of PS Plus started.

For £8, you just can’t go wrong.

I mainly bought because I saw Arkham City was coming (still haven’t played it yet :/) and then to find out that LIMBO is coming too, put a smile on my face :)

Thanks Sony :D

silmorat1 2 December, 2012 @ 6:26 pm   117

Excellent, deal 1 – just subbed up to January 2015, now I wonder what tomorrows deal will be…………..

And yes guys – it stacks onto your existing sub.

Pyromobster 2 December, 2012 @ 7:07 pm   118

I <3 PS Plus

skeptic2011 2 December, 2012 @ 8:28 pm   119

Am I too late here? I can’t find the deal on PSN :(

andrewsqual 2 December, 2012 @ 8:35 pm   120

Lol @craigiversen If they were going to be “authentic” like you said then the 12 days of Christmas sale would run on the Twelve Days of Christmas as it is called i.e. 25th Dec – Jan 6th.
They did it like this becasue it lessens the amount of people who will be saying “Durrr why didn’t that deal run a day longer, I was just about to buy it.”
This way is better for everybody involved.

Voodoo341 2 December, 2012 @ 9:26 pm   121

@TINTINB303

I [CENSORED] Sony and specifically SCEE off because I’ve had enough of their rubbish service. Not just PS+ but their rip off price setting, missing content, incompetent store updates, forced content and clown like management. I’ll continue to do so until my PS+ membership runs out or is refunded because it’s unlikely SCEE will ever change for the better. As a paying customer I’ve every right to give my opinion. Hard luck if you don’t like it.

skeptic2011 2 December, 2012 @ 9:58 pm   122

Indeed it was under wraps but too bad i’ve opened it early. Looks like Xmas is coming early this year

DAVEHUDSON 2 December, 2012 @ 10:30 pm   123

can some one help me out if i got this would it save me haveing to pay for my plus in 14 days ?

InsomniacMind 2 December, 2012 @ 10:40 pm   124

@125 I believe this question has been answered many times. If your subscription expires in 14 days and you buy the 90-day deal now, your subscription will be extended with 90 days. You can buy the 90-days deal at discount price for multiple times to extend it with an extra 90 days each time. In theory you could buy yourself a year worth of subscription by stacking up four discount deals and it will probably be cheaper than the current rate of a year subscription. You do the math ;)

DAVEHUDSON 2 December, 2012 @ 10:47 pm   125

@126 yeh ok ty i have just seen what was said so do i need to turn auto fines to off or just leave it as it is ?

InsomniacMind 2 December, 2012 @ 10:50 pm   126

Do you mean the auto renew? That’s your own preference, but I have turned it off again, because I don’t want an automatic renewal of a 3 month subscription when these expire.

DAVEHUDSON 2 December, 2012 @ 10:54 pm   127

yes sorry thats what i mean its late so im not with it but ty for your help yeah mines off as i just got three of these

Basket21 2 December, 2012 @ 11:25 pm   128

@ Andy-wangshuo

just buy a psn card from any online website.

Lots easier than a creditcard on PSN itself.

Carobnjak1976 3 December, 2012 @ 8:34 am   129

Whats Deal No 2 ? Where is it ?

TINTINTB303 3 December, 2012 @ 8:54 am   130

lol @ voodoo

You couldn’t leave it on a civil note could you?!

Yes it is your right as consumer to have an opinion.

“My hard luck if I don’t like it”…?

Really?? I couldn’t give a monkey’s whether you like SCEE or not to be fair.

I was just interested in why you have so much venom towards a company and if you know the company is so bad why you seem follow most blog posts.

Just trying to figure out what they would have to do to make you happy.

When does your PS+ sub run out by the way? I’m taking it from as of that date we wont see you any more.

Shame as I will genuinely miss your ranting and raving ;-)

GrahamakaGoD 3 December, 2012 @ 12:08 pm   131

Im slightly confused, I had a month free due to buying assassins creed, and I didnt realise that it was going to be automatically renewed, yet it was renewed on the 2nd of December for £11.99, why wasnt I entitled to the deal??

Project2insanity 3 December, 2012 @ 1:04 pm   132

@GrahamakaGoD; I’d strongly recommend you call or email customer service because I don’t see any condition of the offer saying you shouldn’t have benefited. The blog doesn’t handle refunds.

So deal 2 disappeared, no Modern Warfare 3 anymore? O my, I’m confused again.
Anyway, Plus is an amazing deal. A deal on an amazing deal is even better. If you don’t like it you wouldn’t find a deal if it was hitting you in the face.

O no, wrong post. The other post has the amazing second deal (amazing in a bad way). Look now I’m talking to myself. So confusing.

Skyyplum 3 December, 2012 @ 4:21 pm   135

Is the US getting nothing this year?

theStoneSkull 4 December, 2012 @ 2:25 am   136

the US got a better plus deal than Europe did so don’t be a whinger..

i’d like to know how we are supposed to know what the latest christmas deal is. it’s not like the 3 month plus subscription was pointed out on the store. you had to know about it already. will it be mentioned on here or will we have to scour the store?

Patch 2.01 for Vita NOW available. Automatic saving has been fixed :)

Gwynhid1 7 December, 2012 @ 4:16 pm   138

Brilliant deal, would love to pick it up but not back in the UK until the 11th and thus not near my PS3 atm. Any way I can secure my 4x 3 month subscription without the PS3 near me? Can’t see it…

@140 Gwynhid1

They have kept it very quiet, but there’s now online access to the store….
store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Gwynhid1 7 December, 2012 @ 8:56 pm   140

Thanks, did work but was more complicated than necessary- couldn’t use my iphone as neither original nor mobile opera browser are compatible with the site.
Luckily my wife has a windows phone and I succeeded on the good old ie.
Thanks again !