Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:00pm

Far Cry 3 continues the insanity in January with High Tides DLC

Far Cry 3 High Tides

Hey, gamers! The studio that brought you Far Cry 3′s online experience is preparing something big to kick off the new year: the co-op DLC pack, High Tides, exclusively on PS3 for console gamers. This January, we’re releasing two entirely new co-op chapters, Jailbreak and Redemption. These new chapters feature the culmination of all the hard work we’ve put into the main co-op campaign. They’re truly the best of the best.

High Tides will take place where the original six co-op chapters left off. These are the gang’s final moments, and we’re really challenging ourselves to go all-out. We’ve got new missions, tougher fights, bigger competitions, some great up-close time with your favorite characters, and explosive moments unlike anything you’ve seen before. Can you tell we’re excited?

We want everyone who loves Far Cry 3‘s co-op to get even more quality time with the whole gang – Leonard, Tisha, Mikhail and Callum. So pick up your copy of Far Cry 3 for PS3 today, and find out in January what happens when the gang tries to escape the island in these final chapters.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

27 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
LAClennell 4 December, 2012 @ 3:06 pm   1

It is DLC include any extra trophies?

That’s good, but co-op not the best part of FC3.

Hell-Raiser-85 4 December, 2012 @ 3:08 pm   3

Any plan to fix the bugs in co-op and what about SP dlc?

dark_angel69 4 December, 2012 @ 3:13 pm   4

I’m going to hold off on this for a while. FC2 was good for a 1 time only play-through on the story but the online was not my cup of tea. Can someone tell me what online is like compared to FC2? Has much changed to it?

tw34kfr34ky 4 December, 2012 @ 3:52 pm   5

Are we supposed to like that they cut out the final chapters?
dont buy this people..

not playing co op ore multy player
singelplayer = top , so i need more sp misions ( story )+ new islands ???

LAClennell 4 December, 2012 @ 4:09 pm   7

Bah, damn iPad. That was meant to say -

Will this DLC include any extra trophies?

My first post looks bad :/

Sorry for not being excited. I don’t care for co-op. Any sp dlc exclusive for PS3 planned?

I am bored and have buy therefore a wii u
so I can play mosterhunter + lots rpg because on ps3 rpg rpg genre are not lots ( no dragon quest – no monsterhunter …….. i need more rpg 100% store / 100% psn if store not sel i buy on psn store )

Would rather have single-player DLC.

I like the Co OP but please Ubisoft make some bigger online MP maps witch has cars and animals I would gladly pay money for this. Or better yet let us make our own maps and allow us to put cars and animals on and let us play them on public games.

CreditDue 4 December, 2012 @ 4:39 pm   12

Multiplayer in FC3 is a bugg, halfarsed joke. No one bought FC3 for mp. We want SP DLC

what a game ..Far Cry 3 looks absolutely beautiful, crazy ,real challenge, and i really cant find more word to sum up how i feel bout this game. a million thank you to everyone who worked on this game, im still on single player and i can wait for the online gaming .wow ,,,thanks again

man who really gives a damn about dlc. seriously, all dlc lasts like an hour or two and costs more than the game itself. as far as im concerned if it doesnt come on the disc, its not important enough to be bought.

Paranoimia 4 December, 2012 @ 5:20 pm   15

I’d also like more SP missions. I haven’t even touched the online yet, and am a bit miffed that I’ll have to to get the Platinum. There’s way too much focus on multiplayer these days.

Bumblebee 4 December, 2012 @ 5:24 pm   16

I was loving Far Cry single player but last night I tried FC3 co-op online with 2 friends… OH MY GOD. I AM IN LOVE WITH IT A LITTLE BIT.

It’s tough – you need good comms – but the variety of gameplay on offer is fantastic.

I didn’t see a single bug so I don’t know what that bunch are on about who are complaining.

Just make sure you’ve got good friends and good comms, and the multiplayer is great! My only complaints are:

You have to make the WHOLE way through a level before progress is made or you can add a new player.

Erm… it can be really tough at times?

Drop-in/drop-out play would be great. I have no interest in playing with strangers because playing with people barking stuff in a foreign language is just AWFUL in online play, so only play with friends. But getting everyone ready at once to play co-op can be impractical. At the very least, let us drop-in/drop-out once a player has already completed a level.

Other than that, we had GREAT fun last night… and we’re going back for more later!

CreditDue 4 December, 2012 @ 5:26 pm   17

@15 You don’t need to get online to plat. co-op missions can be done offline. I platted this game on Sunday

Bumblebee 4 December, 2012 @ 5:26 pm   18

To continue… I’m nearly done, but I must say:

Congratulations on a top, top, TOP game. It is my favourite game of the year so far, and I have bought a LOT of games this year. It certainly shames the likes of ACIII, with its aspirations of an “open world” that falls flat due to the constant interruptions of loading screens… FC3 is one smoooooooooth experience. Seamless! Beautiful. I love games where you never break from the first-person view… quite a few games don’t realise the immersive effect this gives and ruin it with cut-scenes that break the experience… but not FC3! FC2 was a cracker but this… this is something else. Just brilliant.

Also, the best “sunlight glistening through trees” moments on PS3 by far. Well played!

Bumblebee 4 December, 2012 @ 5:31 pm   19

Also, I see people moaning about this co-op DLC.

To them, you are entitled to your opinion, but realise that not everyone shares it. I, and I am sure many others, welcome more co-op missions. Sure, we’d like DLC in other areas, but I don’t think they should halt development just because a few grumpy gamers don’t have friends to play with.

Just please, don’t fall into the trap of “buy this new gun! And this new gun! And this one!” because that is what hurts… just give us a nice big pack of new goodies and charge us something reasonable for it. REASONABLE! Like, say, under £8 but never over £10… remember, we’ve already bought your game and some of us paid more for a “special edition”!

Thanks again Massive Entertainment for living up to your name. I look forward to see what you come up with next

actually before you create more co-op dlc maybe you need to fix the appalling voice chat – it sounds the way phone lines did back in the 80′s when lines would get crossed between all the screechs and loud beeps I thought my ears would start bleeding

of topic =
PlayStation Home: It’s bingo time! blog stil under maintenace = u taking u time i see hahahaha.

Something tells me these two chapters was just cut from the game. Question is how much are they? Do they come with Trophies? And how long are these chapters. I finished the other six in around 2-3Hours.

solarwind12 4 December, 2012 @ 7:57 pm   23

Thanks Bumblebee, that was a very good round up of the games pluses, i plan on getting this, but can’t be sure when it’ll be, but reading your summary it sounds like a very good game. i have to say though that this whole co-op/multiplayer versus sp stuff isn’t allways because people don’t have real friends to enjoy it with, i guess some people like to isolate their free/recreation time and be alone, i certainly prefer using my gaming time either with total strangers, or by myself, i doubt i could play a serious game of anything with people i actually know. it is my escape from reality i guess, still i have met very interesting ‘friends’ through playing randomly online, but organising a proper co-op night with these guys just isn’t allways easy. as with many others i just hate spending hours beating a tough story mode, only to lose getting the plat for probobly easier but co-op missions.. If devs stopped that then i would 100% agree with what you say. just so unfair. also, looking at it from a different point, it isn’t very nice that devs are kind of making people feel inadequate, socially i mean. as what you say is sometimes true, some gamers really don’t have ‘real’ friends, sad, especially this time of year.

yessss… less mp more co-op I say tho Bumblebee just remember that to those whom may be “barking” to you, you may just sound the same to them. There are ways of getting your point across online with people you are working with whom do not share your language online.

Bumblebee 5 December, 2012 @ 3:23 am   25

The reason I mentioned people talking in foreign languages in online games is essentially that I remember the good old days of SOCOM 1 & 2; games that had regional lobbies and thus you ended up playing with people who speak the same language… I don’t mean “foreign to English”, I mean “foreign to you”. It’s not just about language though; it’s about playing with people that you share a fundamental point with, namely your region. SOCOM 1 & 2′s regional lobbies meant playing with people who, for example, had similar environments and culture; by that I mean little things like TV, weather, time, news, attitudes… this regional system meant games were akin to playing with people you might meet down the pub; the socialising within SOCOM was a gaming peak that has been sadly lost by the lack of such a system since. For example, playing SOCOM 4 with Americans was never the same as playing S1 & 2 with fellow Brits.

Bumblebee 5 December, 2012 @ 3:23 am   26

Another plain fact is that it is impossible to co-ordinate a team when you’re in a room with people all talking to their friends in their own language. I would hope that some clever dev comes up with a system similar to the way Near should work… because regionalised online gaming is the way forward for building great communities.

I’m not knocking other regions, cultures or languages – one of my favourite online friends is a legendary chap from Portugal; others were two delightful French girls… all SOCOM veterans… but it certainly helped that they spoke very good English and so we could not only co-ordinate our teams, but also socialise online while we played.

Back in the day of SOCOM, it was considered poor form to enter another region’s games and chat in your own language precisely for the reasons mentioned above.

DrivenToExcell 9 December, 2012 @ 5:37 pm   27

I like multiplayer and a whole lot of other people do as well. So don’t get it twisted. MP is for those wanting to play until the next far cry comes out. Rank up and play with new map packs when it comes out. Online for this game is awesome!