Posted 2:00pm

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch demo available today

Ni No Kuni

Today, everyone here at Namco Bandai is pleased to announce that after much excitement, speculation and community feedback, a demo for our upcoming RPG Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is now available to fans across Europe through PlayStation Store.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is an epic adventure created by the talented Japanese development team at Level-5, with animation by the legendary Studio Ghibli, the company responsible for countless animated  masterpieces, such as Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke and Ponyo.

Following its Japanese release in late 2011 for PlayStation 3, the game is coming to European fans on 25th January 2013, with both Japanese and English voiceover, and text localised in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.

Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition

The game will also be made available in both a standard and special ‘Wizard’s Edition’, containing a Drippy plushie and the Wizard’s Companion book, which fans will see Oliver using throughout the game.

JRPG fans looking forward to Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch should head over to the PlayStation Forums now where you can submit your questions for Akihiro Hino, President and CEO of Level 5. On 17th December, the SCEE Community team will pick their 10 favourite queries, which will be sent to Japan for Hino-san to answer. Check back to the PlayStation Blog early next year to read what he has to say!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

65 Comments 11 Author replies
Show oldest first

Silent_Gig 5 December, 2012 @ 2:08 pm   1

Already played the US demo, its bloody fantastic! Cant wait for the full thing!

NIIIIIIIICEEEE!

Dave-The-Rave 5 December, 2012 @ 2:10 pm   3

Downloading this now, it feels like I have been waiting forever to finally play this game. An JRPG like this is just what this generation of games consoles have been missing.

On another note, the store has already updated today before the blog update has even been posted. That is pretty weird.

Fred Dutton 5 December, 2012 @ 2:18 pm

The Store team was quick off the blocks today – most content is indeed already live. The Blog post will be up at 3.00pm with the full rundown.

KaiserSoza13 5 December, 2012 @ 2:11 pm   4

Can’t wait to get that box set.

Wasn’t expecting a Euro release in January. This is great news! I think I’ll resist playing the demo and dive straight in when the game lands on my doorstep.

Thank you! I’ve been looking forward to this for a long time now.

Falcon1991 5 December, 2012 @ 2:12 pm   7

Words can’t describe how much I’m adoring this game. I’m downloading the demo now!

I have to go out but this’ll be a fab treat for when I get back. :D

MartinB105 5 December, 2012 @ 2:13 pm   8

OMG YES!

I really really really hope that I’m not disappointed. I’ve been looking forward to this game for so long now. :)

Looks awesome, cant wait to buy it !!:)

Same week as the american store? is this real life?

Woooo Finally! :D

Tsubaki_14 5 December, 2012 @ 2:17 pm   12

Don’t need to get the demo, since I am 100% getting this game! Hopefully will manage to get the wizard’s edition :D I just wish if it had a soundtrack CD :( what a waste not to include that, I got really pissed when I found out it’s not in the only special edition available >.>

KusariSoul 5 December, 2012 @ 2:18 pm   13

Heard only good things about this game, Also Glad it has Japanese or English voiceover,

Currently downloading the demo, looking forward to try it out. Also look forward for the real deal, had a pre-order on Wizard’s Edition for quite some time now :)

That EU release surprised me completely. I almost imagined that they’d release the full game now too.
Anyway, can’t wait! Besides Persona 4 Gold my Most Wanted console game.

Woop! 2GB+ download but worth it! :D

Bacon_Crispies 5 December, 2012 @ 2:22 pm   17

Just played some of the demo, I think its a mistake to make the first battle a boss battle but once I lost 3 times trying to figure out the battle system I just spammed Olivers Fireball over and over till he died.
Once I got to the world map and started smaller fights I began to understand it some more, can’t wait for the full game.

Hollie Bennett 5 December, 2012 @ 2:38 pm

Good news that you stuck to it and when you step out onto that world map and swing that camera around 360 its such a beautiful sight to behold.

Any idea how much the Wizard Edition is? I’ve already pre-ordered standard edition from play-asia as it was pretty cheap http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-b4kn-71-bp-49-en-84-j-70-4ksl.html

Xandrilios 5 December, 2012 @ 2:26 pm   19

Already pre-ordered the Wizard’s Edition! Should I play the demo or could it spoil the fun? :)

BiOsTaRoN 5 December, 2012 @ 2:26 pm   20

Since you made a demo, i assume there will be a digital version too.

KillaT2501 5 December, 2012 @ 2:29 pm   21

BOOM BABY!

Catkiller1 5 December, 2012 @ 2:29 pm   22

Not going to waste my time downloading the demo, i’ll just buy the game instead, as i’ve been keeping my eye on this since it was first announced. More games like this please :)

Jamesyp00 5 December, 2012 @ 2:30 pm   23

Excited to finally try this, im not that much of a fan of studio ghibli, but Level-5 saw me through my PS2/NDS days!

LiamIRL82 5 December, 2012 @ 2:36 pm   24

The demo is 2.6gb and you don’t even have an hour to play it. There are 2 very small sections for you to explore with a 25 min time limit for each section. A waste of 2.6gb

PIOTREK27-1982 5 December, 2012 @ 2:37 pm   25

I played it already and i must say few things.
The demo is too short! It ended when I was fighting one of the bosses. It’s the best cellshaded jrpg that i’ve seen since playing Tales of Vesperia. Music, character and monster design are excellent but…
This game has practically nonexistent attack & magic animations. Do you remember Level 5′s Dragon Quest VIII from PS2? Every attack or spell casted there had fantastic and memorable animation. You can forget about that in NNK. You won’t find mispelling or singing bosses here. There are no toungelicking, sleeping or staring in the distance meanies here.
My feelings about NNK are mixed. I thought that this Level 5 production will reach DQVIII level, but it’s impossible. Let’s hope that the full game has more secrets that the demo hasn’t shown.

Hollie Bennett 5 December, 2012 @ 2:54 pm

Really sad to hear that you are walking away not 100% satisfied.

The demos are both limited to 20min each, at the end of 20min both reset back to the main screen. However many fans have gone back and replayed each one a few times and each time have headed off in different directions and tried some exploring. In the Namco Bandai UK office we have even started doing speed run challenges together ;)

There certainly are some battle animations, like when you ‘use cut loose’ and yes Ni No Kuni has plenty on offer that we haven’t shown you. We can’t give out all the secrets at once!

Still really appreciate you taking the time to download it and try it out and hope that you’ll still give the full game a go when it comes out, I do honestly think you’ll be happy.

Jamesyp00 5 December, 2012 @ 2:38 pm   26

@Hollie Bennett

ARe you serious!? We finally get Xillia next year?!
With enough sales could we get Xillia 2?
Any chance of a special edition too!?
Oh crap you’ve got me excited now!

anyone know where can i pre-order the eu Wizard’s Edition?

Hollie Bennett 5 December, 2012 @ 2:41 pm   28

Hahah we announced it a little while back, no date on it yet though and no news on Xillia 2 either.

However it’s a great time to be a JRPG fan again!

zxRATTLExz 5 December, 2012 @ 2:44 pm   29

Downloading:). Been looking forward to this game for a while now. It will most likely be the first game i buy next year.

Catkiller1 5 December, 2012 @ 2:45 pm   30

@ kld-kms

Not sure if they would ship to your country though??

Hollie Bennett 5 December, 2012 @ 2:46 pm

I think they might, I know we had some other fans asking on the twitter account this morning and another community member linked to ShopTo.

Wizards Edition is almost 80% sold out in the UK!

Shou_Kobayashi 5 December, 2012 @ 2:47 pm   31

Well, pre-ordered the German Wizard’s Edition here (http://www.amazon.de/Ni-Kuni-K%C3%B6nigin-Wizards-Edition/dp/B008JR9IOK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354718752&sr=8-1).

This demo is going to decide if I keep this pre-order. Thoug I’m fairly optimistic. :)

Catkiller1 5 December, 2012 @ 2:48 pm   32

@ kld-kms

Sorry try this link: http://goo.gl/smdWG

There are other sites but you will have to check what countries are available for shipping!

Carrot_atack 5 December, 2012 @ 2:50 pm   33

You guys must tell me what other 50 min. JRPG demos you’ve been playing to be complaining about the duration of this one…

Yay!! Feel like I’ve been waiting forever for this. Nice to see some more JRPGs releasing, shame I couldn’t have the selection I had on PS2 but dayummmmmmm Ni No Kuni looks so sexy! Can’t wait for my pre-order to arrive, thanks for this demo!!!

Catkiller1 5 December, 2012 @ 2:57 pm   35

@ Hollie

Thanks for the heads up on Tales Of Xillia ;)

There isn’t an official release date yet though :(

Any chance of another Namco Museum release that inlcudes all volumes that were releeased on the PS1?? I would love to play Pac-land again!

UK release of Namco X Capcom??

Point Blank HD Collection?? ;)

Hollie Bennett 5 December, 2012 @ 3:03 pm

Haha no problem, it’s a fine time to be a JRPG fan, from tales of the Abyss, to Tales of Graces f, to Ni No kuni to Tales of Xillia!

Also sorry, no news on another Namco Museum or Namco x Capcom :( Don’t hate me!

Great demo, really enjoyed it.Will play it again now. Just finished playing Tales of Graces f and am just playing some of the extra’s before start new+ game. This gen is definitely lacking jrpg’s but seems to be picking up again now.

Hollie Bennett 5 December, 2012 @ 3:04 pm

Replaying the demo a few times if a great idea, especially when you are out on the world map. Next time head off in a totally different direction and see what you find!

Don’t forget Tales of Xillia next year too!

@ Catkiller1

thanks a lot .. and it look they can ship to my country

once again , thanx

DayDr3emrs 5 December, 2012 @ 2:59 pm   38

oh man. excited to finally try this. been obsessed with the soundtrack for a while.
Cheers

Hollie Bennett 5 December, 2012 @ 3:05 pm

That soundtrack is stunning and we can thank Joe Hisaishi for that. Also, all in-game music was performed by the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra!

Ankh-Morpork 5 December, 2012 @ 3:02 pm   39

I beat the game about a month ago. Honestly one of the best games this gen for me. Enjoy it!

MissDreamer 5 December, 2012 @ 3:05 pm   40

Just downloaded the demo and about to play it. I’m sure I’ll get this game as it looks really good. I love rpgs. I wasn’t expecting the Europe to get the demo though I am glad we did.

Catkiller1 5 December, 2012 @ 3:08 pm   41

@ kld-kms

No problem, i’m just glad I could help. Shopto.net are the cheapest for that version & are great for shipping, so you shouldn’t have any problems ;)

@ Hollie Bennett, thanks for the reply and advice on the demo. Will definitely be picking this up as well as Tales of Xillia

@Hollie Bennett

any info on if this is true?

None of the Idolmaster games made it overseas, but Namco Bandai might be localizing the Idolmaster: Shiny Festa series. Namco Bandai filed trademarks for The Idol Master and Shiny Festa in Europe.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/04/is-the-idolmaster-going-international/#Oy32Jbmxs0u26g77.99

alrdy had ni no kuni pre-ordered the day it was possible special edition offcouse. also did hideo baba say anything about jap dubs.

Hollie Bennett 5 December, 2012 @ 3:28 pm

Sadly I don’t have any news on any localization of the Idolmaster games, I’m sorry.

On that note I also don’t have anything to say on the Jap dubs for Xillia but if that is your thing we do have Jap dubs in Ni no Kuni!

i meant for tales of xillia sorry no edit button on this backwatered place called SCEE.

Hollie, give those people, who decided to release Xilia and Ni No Kuni in the West, an hug in our name. They deserve it. I’m so disappointed with the lack of (good) JRPGs in this generation.

Hollie Bennett 5 December, 2012 @ 4:03 pm

Haha I will personally thank them next time I see them. The support the community gave us with Tales of Graces in Europe was simply amazing, it was a joy to care for a interact with them. Long live the JRPG!

Kamiyama89 5 December, 2012 @ 3:51 pm   46

great! Hayao Miyazaki ftw

Skookie30 5 December, 2012 @ 4:02 pm   47

You did say tales of the abyss but we did not get that we got tales of gracesF.

Anyways I’m enjoying tales of gracesF that Hurbert is a geek. :D

Looking forward to next year if Maya’s are wrong that is. :)

THE_FORCE 5 December, 2012 @ 4:38 pm   48

If I download and play this demo, will it be like allowing to open a Xmas present early only to be told it must be wrapped up again until the big day ?

The wait has been excruciating enough, without getting the flavour for it in the taste of a demo, and then having to wait even longer for the finished article!

WE NEED THIS GAME IN IT’S ENTIRETY NOW !!!!

THE_FORCE 5 December, 2012 @ 4:42 pm   49

Oh and get Level 5 working their magic on a JRPG for the Vita please. Dragon Quest X will do nicely cheers ! :)

Chocobo115 5 December, 2012 @ 5:03 pm   50

Been looking forward to this game for so long now.
I’m also looking forward to play Tales of Vesp… *ahem* Xillia.
maybe you could localize that other tales game? I heard it’s pretty good but I want to play the complete version!

Load all