Posted 12:30am

The 12 Deals of Christmas!

12 deals of Christmas

Deal 3: Tokyo Jungle – Was £9.99/€12.99, now £5.19/€6.49 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£4.67/€5.84). Offer expires 11.59pm on 6th December.

Deal 2: Battlefield 3 – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99. Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members. Offer expires 11.59pm on 4th December.

Deal 1: 90-day PS Plus subscription – Was £11.99/€14.99, now £7.99/€9.99 (save up to 33%). Offer expires 7.00am on 9th December.

Hi everyone! With Christmas just around the corner, ’tis the season to be jolly! Now you have 12 extra special reasons to celebrate as the 12 Deals of Christmas makes its return to PlayStation Store.

Starting on 1st December 2012, PlayStation Store will feature 12 incredible deals for you to unwrap. You will only be able to redeem each deal from PlayStation Store for a period of 48 hours and then they vanish, quicker than a Christmas pudding!

Just like the presents under your tree, we are going to keep these deals under wraps until it’s time for them to be opened. So make sure you keep checking PlayStation Store to find out what the latest amazing deal is. We’ll also update this Blog post every time a deal is added.

Don’t miss out on some great one-time offers – take a sledge ride over to PlayStation Store and treat yourself to a few extra presents this festive season. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

152 Comments 7 Author replies
Show oldest first

RemingtonInk 5 December, 2012 @ 12:32 am   1

With help from commenters:

#4 One Piece Pirate Warriors
#5 Sleeping Dogs
#6 MOH: Warfighter
#7 NBA2K13
#8 Most Wanted 2 (not sure, generic car so could be any race game)
#9 LBP Karting
#10 Unfinished Swan
#11 Hitman Absolution
#12 Far Cry 3

almighty-slayer 5 December, 2012 @ 12:35 am   2

Now THAT’S a fantastic deal. Nice work. Let’s hope the rest are as good as this deal and not as terrible as deal #2

modzerowo40i 5 December, 2012 @ 12:35 am   3

10% discount for PS+ members didn’t work. please fix it.

I thought NBA 2k13 as well for #7 but haven’t seen box art that looks like that, it looks like The Last of Us but it’s not out yet

great deal.. im waiting for a walking dead deal tho

Will buy this.
Was interested in this when I didn’t have a PS3 a month ago.

Geez, I bought the game and didn’t get my Plus discount. I really came here to praise Sony that they finally managed to offer something great. But why to hell can’t you do it properly? Any chance that I get those cents back?

Hmm Nothing for me. BF3 is a ok deal but its been out a year and you can get it in shops 2nd hand for a tiny bit more so if anyone was interested they would have it by now, so dont think you will get much $ on that.

Anyway, I’m off to the US store to download the Ni No Kuni demo too. That will be fun. :)

Besides, if there really shouldn’t be a Journey sale, consider me disappointed.

zalwelgoedgaan 5 December, 2012 @ 12:53 am   11

Hm, I’ll get Unfinished Swan and maybe Sleeping Dogs if the price is < 30 Euros. It'll probably be 40, though. :/

Waiting to see prices for deals #10 Unfinished Swan and #11 Hitman Absolution. How come PS VITA is getting no christmas love ? Those are only ps3 deals

NoddingPenguin 5 December, 2012 @ 12:56 am   13

It’s showing up as £9.99 for me, and even when I try to buy it, it says this product can’t be purchased at this time.

HadesHell 5 December, 2012 @ 1:03 am   14

PS+ discount is not working!

luckysalt81 5 December, 2012 @ 1:12 am   15

In regards to first post where you getting the info on the games?

Chris Howe 5 December, 2012 @ 8:56 am

We are aware there is an issue with the additional Plus discount and our store operations team are working on fixing it at the moment. We hope to have this resolved within the next couple of hours.

@luckysalt81
You can see the shapes of all 12 sales in the special christmas sale section in the store. Quite easy to guess most of them.

@Luckysalt81 on the store all the deals are now silhouettes that will be revealed at the time the deal goes live, a lot of them a fairly obvious

Will look out for them all but Unfinished Swan will probably be the only future one I go for, The retail games would have to be majorly discounted to be worth it, Sleeping Dogs for example I’m interested but It can be picked up on disc for sub £15 new easily so unless it’s under a tenner (of which there is zero chance) then it’s not really worth going for.

Will pick this one up if they get the plus discount sorted.

Crimboski 5 December, 2012 @ 1:34 am   18

Definitely going to buy this, as soon as the plus discount starts working. Realised I didn’t ‘purchase’ the DLC when it was free on launch week, the fool that I am.

Normally, I make sure to purchase anything free on ps+ just on the off chance I buy the relevant game in the future, but somehow I missed this. :(

Deal 4: Okami HD – Was €20, now €10, Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (€9). Offer expires 11.59pm on 8th December.

Will you please make my christmas wish come true? :)

@Steez777
Only if you manage to make a white wolf to look like Luffy from One Piece. ;)

Bovrillor 5 December, 2012 @ 1:46 am   21

Hmm, nothing much of interest there. I’m still hoping for DLC sales, since the cost/content ratio of most of them is WAY off.

Dragon Age II DLCs each cost 3x the street price of the game itself.
Crysis II DLCs would be tolerable at half price.

Prices for all Assassins Creed content on the store are pretty extreme, and the 30% off voucher that came with Revelations doesn’t seem to have affected the prices of ACII/Brotherhood.

@Jawad, please reply to my DOA5 problem. I paid 60,- for it and because psn mixed up the files on the first day I can’t download it!

@Jadaw, I just noticed Sony ‘kind of’ fixed the problem. The download size for Dead or Alive 5 + costume pack is now 5.8 gig.

BUT!

It charges me €59,95 again! So yesterday I bought it for 60 euro, now they fixed the error and PSN doesn’t know that I already bought it.

I don´t want to risk buying it again and just hope that PSN will refund me the 60,- I paid for the defect version.

What should I do? And I just want to say that the one responsible for this is.. well, I’m not happy with him. This is a really stupid mistake, causing problems for everyone who bought DOA5 yesterday or today.

@Mr_EDET You need to call them and they will (or should) sort it out over the phone. I had an issue with broken content in the past (TLaD+TBoGT bundle) and that was the only way to do it, if you email them they will likely just tell you to phone.

@RemingtonInk Ah, thanks, never saw that one

I hope the first comment is wrong, can tell right now all those retail game deals will still cost more than actual retail copies.

Coody-Baroody 5 December, 2012 @ 3:36 am   26

Remington @ post 1 is spot on with all of them. The only one i thought couldve been wrong was the NBA deal but no….hes right with that one too. As soon as i saw these ‘wrapped’ gifts on the store and worked out what 3/4 of them were i knew someone on here wouldve known the rest! lol

We’re all like little kids feeling and shaking wrapped presents before xmas day! lol

On a serious note though, I guarantee ALL these deals will just be another Battlefield 3…..still higher in price than retail.
Far Cry 3 is £60 for crying out loud, to make it cheaper than retail and therefore worth buying its going to have to be discounted by about 60%.

Its not even been out a week! No Way thats going to happen.
SCEE 12 Days of Xmas Deals=Epic FAIL!!!

@CHRIS, the language under the “packages” is France in the Dutch store. It was reported yesterday but SCUK wasn’t profesional enough to change it or put the right language there in the first place.

If RemingtonInk is right (and I don’t doubt him) only the Swan could be an interesting deal. If the rest is like Battlefield 3 then there was a lot of hoepla about nothing. Lets wait and see.

redalertrules 5 December, 2012 @ 5:08 am   28

hey chris can you please sort out the plus discounts as hasnt worked for deals 2 and 3 now which makes it pointless to point out as not available. Remember some of us have had plus before all these great deals on plus and i got it partly for the discounts

Can you confirm to weather or not the first comment is true? if you dont reply to it ill just assume it is and you just want to avoid spoiling anything.

also, much better deal than battlefield. ive heard alot about tokyo jungle and it hasnt sparked my interest but since its cheap i may take a gander.

good Deal to me =
cod bo2 mappack pas under 50 €
other great deal = release monsterhunter portabel 3 hd in europe grrr
u sony + capcom are both to blame we are not geting in europe .
ni no kuni lounch ;) lots more rpg
psn store fix language problems + lots of not used letter of alfabet in search option .
utube on ps3
netflix in benelux
remove lalala on ps 3 menu

Jestersoil 5 December, 2012 @ 5:50 am   31

well, from what i can see in the store pictures under “12 deals of christmas” there’s not going to be a Walking Dead deal…
TOO BAD

chrisboers 5 December, 2012 @ 7:33 am   32

While I already have Tokyo Jungle, I can really recommend this game to anyone. It’s a bit strange, but if you think playing ‘I am Legend’ through the eyes of the dog (but without the zombies) sounds fun, this game really is for you. Looking forward to the deal on Unfinished Swan and LBP Karting!

Any chance of a one year subscription for psn plus deal.

Stonesthrow 5 December, 2012 @ 7:48 am   34

Sure hope it’s not like #1 says. Got half of that list recently at full price, would once again be a slap in the face of the early adapter. MOH and Borderlands 2 already got a discount 2 weeks after release here. Really makes me wonder why I support these products from the get go sometimes..

Hoping to see a worthwhile discount on Okami..

BubblesPL 5 December, 2012 @ 7:53 am   35

Now that’s deninitely a better deal than the previous one, which shall remain nameless. 50% discount on PSN games is the way to go imo. Unfortunately I won’t be buying this game, no demo/trial means no buy for me. I won’t buy something, cause someone said it’s cool. Why can’t Sony make trials mandatory for PSN games, like it’s on XLA? If the guy in the first post is right, then it looks like I’m not spending any money on PS Store anytime soon. I really thought Walking Dead would get a discount, but it seems it’s still selling well, so there’s no need to charge less for it.

Most are easy to guess but Tokyo Jungle is a steal at that price..

if post number one is correct then ill be sad as ill not be getting anything from the sale :(

but im hoping some of that list is wrong, i thing number 7 is wrong it looks more like a guy holding a gun at just below waist height, i recognise the shape but just cant figure from what.

@BubblesPL

walking dead has been on sale before and im just gutted i never bought it at the time :(

awkward_ghost 5 December, 2012 @ 8:20 am   39

Ugh, I hope poster #1 is wrong, because that’s a terribly uninspiring list. Unfinished Swan is the only one I’m remotely interested in, especially as, like someone else pointed out, it’s very unlikely that the retail games will be discounted enough to make them worthwhile.

Personally I was desperately hoping for a discount on Okami HD, especially as it didn’t have any offers at launch, not even for Plus members…

BubblesPL 5 December, 2012 @ 8:38 am   40

@hayzink

Yeah, but it was only like 15% off, so it wasn’t that good a deal.

pinkplaybunny 5 December, 2012 @ 8:46 am   41

Am I right in thinking this works on the vita with remote play too?

Crono270583 5 December, 2012 @ 8:51 am   42

Hi! Is expected to arrive in Europe of EVERYBODY’S GOLF 6 on PS3 ?

chrisboers 5 December, 2012 @ 8:53 am   43

#41: Remote Play was announced as a patch back in september, but I don’t think it has actually materialized yet.

the ps+ discount didn’t work. i still bought it, it’s a great deal for $11.

i really dont know what all the fuss is about. If u dont like whats on offer dont pay for plus. It works out about 4 quid a month and for me having ps3 and a ps vita its an absolute bargain with all the stuff. Regardless if its stuff i would never play i download it and then have the option to play in the future. Must admit some of the digital prices are laughable as its a far cheaper way to distribute but no amount of moaning will change that. What i would love to see on plus is some movies getting added for free or discounted for owning. Other than that its a million times better than it was when plus first came out.
Well done sony its a step in the right direction

zxRATTLExz 5 December, 2012 @ 9:04 am   46

Well if that list in post 1 is accurate there is nothing that i would be interested in. I’m not prepared to buy digital copies of retail games until the prices are right and i doubt there will be that much of a saving on games such as Hitman or Far Cry 3 since they have just come out. They’ll prob reduce them to be inline with stores. Hardly what i call a sale. Next….

Carnivius_Prime 5 December, 2012 @ 9:07 am   47

I’d like Most Wanted and LBP Karting so hoping some of that list is true. I couldn’t care less about stuff like MOH, Hitman and Far Cry 3 though.

I might buy this tokyo jungle game. Would really have appreciated a demo though even at this price. Been stung too many times by games that have looked kinda cool, bought without a demo available and then turned out to be a boring waste of money.

@chris

will there be any vita stuff included in this 12 days? if not will there be any kind of vita sale.
it must be hard with vita as i know there isnt a great deal out there to offer. kudos on the first plus content though as surprisingly i had none of the content and i am patiently waiting on mortal kombat too :)

Chris Howe 5 December, 2012 @ 12:29 pm

Afraid not, you are exactly right in your assumption, its difficult to arrange discounts on VITA titles simply due to the lack of them as the range is still growing

PIREDERAS 5 December, 2012 @ 9:21 am   49

@ Chris Howe

Hi, I am a PS Plus member since July (bought the 12 month subscription). I bought yesterday the 90-days PS Plus Christmas deal for €5,62 (yes, €5,62!), hoping it will stack in my current account and extend its duration. My downloaded PS Plus games still display the same message, “213 days remaining”, while I thought it would say “303 days remaining” or something like that, by adding 90 days until they expire. I’d like to think I didn’t waste my money.

Carnivius_Prime 5 December, 2012 @ 9:25 am   50

I don’t seem to be getting the extra Plus discount. The store’s asking me for £5.19.

Load all