Posted 6 December

PlayStation Mobile: Lemmings is back!

When d3t was approached to make Lemmings for PlayStation Mobile, the initial feeling of excitement was quickly superseded by the realisation that a lot of people would have their eyes on our results.

At d3t, we always go the extra mile to deliver the best possible games, so we knew we were the right people for the job but it’s not every day you get asked to work on a title with a name that resonates with multiple generations of gamers who have enjoyed playing existing versions of the game on numerous gaming systems since it was first published by Psygnosis for the Commodore Amiga in 1991.

We are delighted that Lemmings for PlayStation Mobile looks great and performs really well on PS Vita and all PlayStation certified devices. Most importantly of all, it faithfully brings the Lemmings experience to a whole new platform for a new generation of gamers who can enjoy the classic game for the first time ever with intuitive touch screen control which seems like it was made for this game!

Take a look for yourself in this short movie!

Working on a title with such history and nostalgia attached to it did make us deliver on our promise to go the extra mile to produce a top-quality game and we always felt we were working with the SDK rather than fighting against it. I recommend that anyone interested in developing games or apps for mobile devices go and check out PlayStation Mobile and give it a go!

Lemmings for PS Mobile is available now, and you get to play the first 30 levels for free. Go visit the store from your certified phone, tablet or PS Vita to give it a go! Oh no!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

31 Comments 10 Author replies
Show oldest first

almighty-slayer 6 December, 2012 @ 3:18 pm   1

Downloaded it when it first went up. Works well, not all that bad for free :) Not purchased level packs or anything, though. Nice work.

bidbaldwolf86 6 December, 2012 @ 3:28 pm   2

I have already been playing this since last night and I have to say you guys have done justice to the classic game. I remember playing this on the Amiga as a kid and to go through these classic levels again has been great. The polish in the game is really good as well.

The only problem I have with the game is moving the camera across the screen is very slow and tedious on the touchscreen. Being able to have the camera on the dpad or analogue sticks would be great.

Jamie Campbell 6 December, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

Hi there. We’re really glad you’re enjoying the game. Out of interest, what device are you playing on? The camera controls are designed to give the best experience across all PS certified devices – not all of them have dpads or sticks. :)

LiquidLiam 6 December, 2012 @ 3:40 pm   3

A classic game. Wonder what the Psygnosis lot are up to these days?

Chaosprower 6 December, 2012 @ 3:48 pm   4

Are these all-new levels, or are they just ports from the PSP and PS3′s versions?

I would love to play this on my Vita, if I could, but I can’t…

Carnivius_Prime 6 December, 2012 @ 4:08 pm   6

I’ll add it to my list of games I’ll likely buy when I can afford a Vita. Am an Amiga veteran.

And during that time, PS Mobile is still not available in Ireland… :(

Meh, no PSMobile here, might as well keep spending on iOS.

Is there any chance of giving Nexus devices (in particular the Nexus 4 and Nexus 7) access to PlayStation Mobile?

Considering they run stock Android, it should be rather simple.

Jamie Campbell 6 December, 2012 @ 5:16 pm

This is a corporate decision for Sony, but at d3t we’re hoping PSM will spread to more and more devices!

i grabbed this and paid for the level unlocks :)

very good port

declan__watson 6 December, 2012 @ 5:00 pm   11

Hey there everyone
Hello Jamie great new game playstation mobile keeps on growing heard on news that ps2 most wanted games are coming on mobile that means it won’t be long until psp games, ps3 and vita ones come psm keeps expandin it’s fantastic cant wait to try this when I get my Xperia s for Christmas.

With psn integration coming soon is there any chance that we could have integration for playstation plus users and also could it be possible if we could get Xperia Home. An Xperia version of ps home with touch screen gestures that would be awesome then we could really connect with our psn friends.

Thanks guys see you all later and great game Jamie. ;) :)
LongLivePlay Sony make.believe The World is In Play

Jamie Campbell 6 December, 2012 @ 5:19 pm

Hello there.

PSM is great isn’t it? We’re as excited as anyone to see how new features will expand the reach of PSM.

Let’s see what happens…

TINTINTB303 6 December, 2012 @ 5:11 pm   12

Lol,

Gotta love declan_watson…

Genius ;-)

bidbaldwolf86 6 December, 2012 @ 5:28 pm   13

I’m playing it on the Vita. I can’t see a way to put the camera controls on the sticks unless I’m missing something?

Jamie Campbell 6 December, 2012 @ 5:44 pm

Hi, nope, you’re not missing anything – you cant control the camera with the sticks. What I was getting at was that we needed to tailor the camera control to suit all PS certified devices, so touch screen was the only option really because lots of the devices dont have sticks and dpads and we wanted as many people as possible to get their hands on Lemmings. :)

VitalogyPJ 6 December, 2012 @ 5:43 pm   14

Don’t you think it’s time already to extend ps mobile through all Europe countries?

It’s time for scee take their head out of the arse. Either you release stuff in ALL European countries or you don’t release at all.

Since we’re in christmas lets put it this way. Let’s imagine you’re at home with your family at christmas eve and all of them, or most of them, get a very good meal and you got left with absolutely nothing. I’m you wouldn’t be feeling very happy at that point. Well, that’s how I feel for not having here video store, music unlimited, now ps mobile, etc. I could go on because there’s quite a few more entries for that list.

Enough is enough!

Says certified phones……… so is my Xperia X8 a “certified phone”?

When will PSM get trophy support?

i wil play when we have ps mobile in benelux on vita ;)

VitalogyPJ total agry , day by day i tink of geting other next gen next to mi wii u instead of ps4

chucknorrissuper 6 December, 2012 @ 6:22 pm   18

i have a question. What can i do ? Please help me. None of the ps mobile games work on my vita.What can i do ? Please respond beacause i really want to play this game .

sony i need list to see when u are gune put the service in mi contri
( if u do ) same like netflix – utube….
so i can see i stay whith u ore not .
i am tired to wait …. not geting clues % conplete when we jes ore no are geting .

@3 Sony bought the studio and turned it into Studio Liverpool. However by all accounts eventually the Sony corporate culture leached out all of what had been special from the company. Sony finally pulled the plug earlier this year.

Of course Sony aren’t the only ones guilty of destroying British developers – look at what Microsoft has done to Rare.

When big corporations buy small, successful developers, sometimes they trample over what made the developer successful.

What made Psygnosis successful was the innovative games and the willingness to take risks. Towards the end though, Sony just had them churning out Formula 1 and WipEout games. I’m not saying that these games were bad, but they were safe and derivative – the polar opposite of what made Psygnosis special.

bennyrafal 6 December, 2012 @ 7:40 pm   21

How can i participate in PSMobile on Vita from Poland?

This may be dumb question, but how do I access Lemmings or any other Mobile games from my Vita? There is no PlayStation Mobile category available at Store. Thanks for help.

tumblingbird 6 December, 2012 @ 8:22 pm   23

After some googling I just found out PS mobile isn’t even available in my country. At first I thought something is wrong with my Vita since the PSN store is missing the entire category. Not very consumer friendly and not very, you know, 21st century. Make this stuff global!

No PSMobile in Poland. Great. Because it’s a well know fact that Polish people still use two cans and a string, right?

Eh how about activating PS Mobile in the PSN store in The Netherlands first before posting news like this?

I can activate PS Mobile in the PSVitas OS, but it is nowhere to be found in PSN store.

Meh. Stop posting news that a lot of people in EU can’t even use. Poland for example has what 60 mln inhabitants? Netherlands has 17 mln inhabitants. I see a lot of other people from other countries above that can’t access it either.

Get that fixed Sony.

Glad to finally see Lemmings on the Vita!

Live the look of the game in general but the buttons at the bottom of the screen for selecting the action to impart on your lemming look… soft? It’s odd since the rest of the UI looks great.

Tell the people that matter that I would also love to see some of the Christmas (c’mon it’s that time!) and Tribes levels added.

And TROPHY SUPPORT!

Carnivius_Prime 7 December, 2012 @ 9:23 am   27

Thanks for the reply, Jamie but I do not have or want any of those other devices listed especially just to play PSM games… I don’t know why I can’t just download these to play on PS3 like Minis or do they all have some awful touch screen controls which be the main reason I haaaate playing games on modern phones. I gotta have buttons…

@18 / chucknorrissuper:

Have you downloaded / updated your PSM runtimes? It’s in the Vita’s setting section / system – it should show the version 1.0 – if it shows older (or none) just download it there.

“Posted on 7 December, 2012 at 12:00 pm by HEC007
@18 / chucknorrissuper:
Have you downloaded / updated your PSM runtimes? It’s in the Vita’s setting section / system – it should show the version 1.0 – if it shows older (or none) just download it there”

I updated it too, it is just not available in my country, The Netherlands, as it isn’t in many other EU countries.

Sony going for UK and some other big countries first. Sad though, as it is not that hard just to give everyone access to these gems of games.

Come on Sony, I want access to PS Mobile too. Activate that stuff in the Dutch score. Or update the PSVitas OS so we can use multiple accounts with one in USA, UK or where ever PS Mobile is activated on PSN store!

WHEN WILL IT COME TO THE NETHERLANDS !!!

Well, I guess we’re just going to have to get that new Android handheld gaming device Archos just released then. It has an amazing feature: it can run all games that are available and doesn’t have some kind of strange region lock. I know, can you believe that?
Perhaps it can be PlayStation certified as well and probably even before we ever get PSM on our Vita’s here…

This is just ridiculous. What is the reason for not having PSM throughout Europe? Seriously, I would really like to know what the big problem is. Legal stuff? Bandwidth to the servers? Bad exchange rates from Dutch euro’s to German euro’s?!