Posted 6 December

PlayStation Store PAL charts: November 2012

PS-Store

Hey there everyone. It’s time once again for the monthly digital download charts for the PAL region. November saw plenty of big new releases, so let’s jump straight in and see who the movers and shakers were.

Full PS3 game downloads

Assassin’s Creed III put in a storming performance in its first full month on release to top the chart for November. There were new entries at three (Need For Speed Most Wanted), four (Sports Champions 2), nine (LittleBigPlanet Karting) and 10 (Hitman Absolution), while Grand Theft Auto IV raced back up the charts following our recent sale.

1. Assassin’s Creed III (Last month: 4)
2. Grand Theft Auto IV (RE)
3. Need for Speed Most Wanted (New)
4. Sports Champions 2 (New)
5. Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (RE)
6. FIFA 13 (1)
7. The Jak and Daxter Trilogy (RE)
8. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (RE)
9. LittleBigPlanet Karting (New)
10. Hitman Absolution (New)

PSN games

The new HD re-fresh of Okami, Capcom’s classic action adventure, entered the chart at number one, unseating TOKYO JUNGLE, which continues to show fantastic staying power on its third month on the chart.

1. Okami HD (new)
2. TOKYO JUNGLE (1)
3. The Walking Dead – Season Pass (8)
4. The Unfinished Swan (3)
5. inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood (5)
6. Journey (9)
7. Sonic Adventure 2 (4)
8. Worms Revolution (2)
9. AMY (7)
10. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD (6)

PS Vita games:

There was no change at the top of the PS Vita chart this month, with Assassin’s Creed III continuing to go great guns. Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified entered at two, one ahead of Need For Speed Most Wanted at three. Other new entries included loveable multiplayer romp When Vikings Attack! at five, acclaimed shoot ‘em up Sine Mora at six and retro revival Jet Set Radio at eight.

1. Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (1)
2. Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified (new)
3. Need for Speed Most Wanted (5)
4. MotorStorm RC (3)
5. When Vikings Attack! (new)
6. Sine Mora (new)
7. ModNation Racers: Road Trip (RE)
8. Jet Set Radio (new)
9. Ridge Racer – Ultimate Edition (RE)
10. LittleBigPlanet PlayStationVita (2)

PSOne games:

Crash Team Racing got bumped to the top of the chart courtesy of our recent racing game sale, which also helped Driver return to the top 10. Elsewhere, it was business as usual with Crash, Final Fantasy and Metal Gear continuing to monopolise your wallets.

1. CTR: Crash Team Racing (5)
2. Crash Bandicoot (1)
3. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (2)
4. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (4)
5. Final Fantasy VII (6)
6. Driver (RE)
7. MediEvil (RE)
8. Final Fantasy IX (9)
9. Final Fantasy VIII (8)
10. Metal Gear Solid (10)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

77 Comments 26 Author replies
Show oldest first

almighty-slayer 6 December, 2012 @ 4:05 pm   1

No Playstation AllStars? Err wow.

Fred Dutton 7 December, 2012 @ 9:05 am

All-Stars entered at 12 on both Vita and PS3 – but was only on sale for nine days of the month. I’d expect it to go top 10 next month.

supersmith2500 6 December, 2012 @ 4:13 pm   2

Well holy crap, Black Ops Declassified managed to get to Number 2 in the PSVita spot?? Well I’m very surprised, for a game that is half-finished, got really poor reviews, has poor multiplayer, furstrating gameplay and even very poor critic scores, I’m real surprised people just go ahead and bought it anyways.

Psicojacorral 6 December, 2012 @ 4:13 pm   3

I’m so curious Fred… Do you know on Sony that Assassins Creed Liberation has a mega bug that cannot let continue to play your game in some conditions?? We are waiting a new patch that correct our saves since one month ago… I’m a little bit upset of that situation….

Fred Dutton 7 December, 2012 @ 9:41 am

Yes, I have heard about that. It is up to Ubisoft to release a patch for their game. I can’t speak for them, obviously, but I’d hope to see a fix soon.

@Fred
Could you give us a comparison how well PSN titles sell compared to full games? Where would Okami HD rank among the full games for example?

@almighty-slayer
You expect a 21st November release to top the charts? And PASBR isn’t really an huge success anyway.

Fred Dutton 7 December, 2012 @ 9:06 am

Okami would have been 2nd on the full game chart. Numbers between the two are very comparable.

almighty-slayer 6 December, 2012 @ 4:15 pm   5

It was Sony’s biggest game for Christmas – so yes, i did expect it to chart, lol

Oh and I should mention that I’m twice as disappointed now that great games as Sound Shapes aren’t in the top 10 and yet are no part of the christmas sales. I really don’t get the logic behind such decisions.

Fred Dutton 7 December, 2012 @ 9:42 am

Alas, we can’t discount absolutely everything. You’re right though, Sound Shapes is a cracking game and I’m sure it’ll pop up in a sale before too long.

Well, when I check the ads in TV Planetside 2 is obviously Sony’s real biggest title this christmas. ;)

zalwelgoedgaan 6 December, 2012 @ 4:16 pm   8

@almighty-slayer:

Yeah, that’s really… unfortunate. The EU store even had that PSASBR-related sale to hype the game up and it still didn’t chart. The game needs a temporary price cut at least before Christmas. :/

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 6 December, 2012 @ 4:17 pm   9

This is some interesting data. For the Ps1 games I noticed the Crash games were best-sellers. Do you want to know why? Because they’re cheaper than a disc copy.

Fred Dutton 7 December, 2012 @ 9:07 am

I guess people love to play them! I don’t think there’s any deeper reason.

Where is R&C QForce? :o

Fred Dutton 7 December, 2012 @ 9:08 am

It debuted at 18 on PS3 – that’s pretty good considering it was only on sale for one day in November!

zxRATTLExz 6 December, 2012 @ 4:23 pm   11

It would be interesting to see the amount of copies sold, especially on the PS3 games so we know how many folks are prepared to pay stupid money for digital products.

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX =
jes , i not buy eniting in store if = more expensife
+ season pas cod bo cheaper on ms. = no go
i buy if 49.90€ = instand , but no sony + no activision need mi mony i see .

store = internet – no disk – no transport by ship / airplane/ or truck

no mid pers like distribution centra ore real store = – 10€ of normal price in real store new games 59€ so i not buy ath 69 € but need price 50 €

Sony why the obsurd prices on Digital Downloads? £59.99 for the STANDARD version of Far cry 3?! You can get the ULTIMATE Edition for £49.99

What is wrong with you?

Great, but could we please see the store team become more profesional and could we have a faster store and faster downloads!?

monoliet = French > English + many erros + odd idea that grammar should be replaced by mathematic symbols

almighty-slayer 6 December, 2012 @ 4:34 pm   16

@DanOptic

Sony don’t set prices for 3rd party games, the publisher does. You want to be moaning to Ubisoft

Kandracar 6 December, 2012 @ 4:36 pm   17

Hey Fred, really pleased to see I won a code in the weekend debate. I’m just wondering where it is. Should I have it by now?

ff8fanatic 6 December, 2012 @ 4:41 pm   18

Its a post about the store so as far as I’m concerned this id fair game and who better to ask than the blog manager?

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET A RESPONSE FROM THE SENIOR MEMBERS OF SCEE DETAILING IN FULL THE PROBLEMS AND WHAT THEY ARE CURRENTLY DOING TO FIX THESE ISSUES?

and i don’t mean a little post with some guy saying we know there are problems and were trying we had that before didn’t help in the slightest in-fact the new upgraded store you promised well… I mean a detailed post with information on each individual problem you are aware of, how your are currently dealing with that problem and when the problem will be fixed.

having your subordinates repeating no comment over and over and over is beyond infuriating and totally unacceptable for both your staff members and for your customers.

ff8fanatic 6 December, 2012 @ 4:41 pm   19

continued

I personally could write a list as long as my arm detailing just the things I have found utterly wrong with the store, the network and SCEE in general starting with your downright awful communication, I wont thought because they are your mistakes and your problems and you not the customer should be finding them and sorting them as quickly as possible currently you seem to find it hard to even acknowledge the dreadful state SCEE is in.

because of this you are losing customers and sales on a daily bases are you unable to see this?

disgruntled loyal and long term customer but for how much longer?

Fred Dutton 7 December, 2012 @ 9:28 am

I’m sorry you’re so frustrated with things at present. You can be sure we are aware of every issue that customers are having, no matter how minor, and are doing our best to improve our service. And I mean that genuinely. If we’re unable to comment publicly on a specific issue, it’ll be because there’s a good reason for it, not because we’re ignoring a problem or can’t be bothered to engage with you guys. I appreciate that can be frustrating at times, but our hands are often tied by the realities of how business works.

If you want to discuss anything in more detail, feel free to add my PSN ID (Chuck_FD) and I’ll happily have a chat.

im guessing that rayman will be making its way onto the vita list next month with the sale price available at the moment.

really happy i bought it first i have played it and its fab

S-o-h-a-i-l 6 December, 2012 @ 4:57 pm   21

Come on Fred, get us some Assassins Creed 3 avatars – the games obviously popular lol.

I wonder what’s up with Fred recently. There are some simple chances to interact and he uses none of them. Considering all the little issues of the store recently, the community even managed to remain relatively polite and civilized. Or did we really scare him away? ;)

Fred Dutton 7 December, 2012 @ 9:13 am

I’m here! Sorry I’ve been a little quiet of late – I was out of the office on Friday and Monday so didn’t get a chance to chime in on the Recap thread, and yesterday was in meetings all afternoon, hence my lateness to this thread. Apologies – I’ll try to be a little more ‘present’.

TINTINTB303 6 December, 2012 @ 5:08 pm   23

Who are the idiots out there buying the likes of AC3 and NFS:MW at 60 quid a pop from the PS store?!?

No wonder Sony don’t lower the prices as this clearly shows people are willing to bend over and just take it from Sony (and the greedy publishers).

Things will not change if people do not vote with their wallets!!!

To be fair to PSASBR it came out at the end of the month whereas AC3 and Black Ops were early on. Looking at its leaderboard it is selling about 20000+ per week. Most of the charts are games that have had a sale on them or a low start price. Expect RCR to be featured soon ;)

Voodoo341 6 December, 2012 @ 5:27 pm   25

I’d really like to see these charts coming from someone entirely independent of SCEE. I don’t trust SCEE. If people really are stupid enough to buy Assassins Creed 3 in the number SCEE claim at the price SCEE are charging then there are a lot of idiots about. Either that or nothing is selling on the store at only a few sales has you top of the charts. Knowing SCEE’s dirty tactics sticking AC3 on top is nothing more of a selling tactic.

It genuinely amazes me that there are people out there paying £60 for some of those retail games when they’re in some cases less than half that price for next day delivery of disc versions at some online retailers and £20 cheaper in local supermarkets, Who are these people? what are they thinking when they buy them for these prices? they must be aware that they could get 2 games for the same price elsewhere? is it rich people who have no concept of the money they have? football players? It really puzzles me, how do they justify it to themselves? The pricing doesn’t bother me too much, I’ll just buy a retail copy and save on HDD space and have the option to trade it back in against something else. I just can’t get my head around why people pay those prices. :-s baffling..

@TINTINTB303
calling people idiots eh!!? #smh …..you keep moaning @ the prices of games on psn like its the only place you could buy games from? go to HMV,GAME..ETC
no one forcing you to buy from psn ..just keep looking and if you dont like it move on will ya..!!!
——
i got every creed game that came out with every dlc and I WILL NOT spend another $$ on creed NEVER AGAIN ..AC3 was so bad it makes me sick just like some of the comment on the blog recently….

*just a reminder this is the PSN blog NOT the BNP blog

Project2insanity 6 December, 2012 @ 5:45 pm   28

@TINTINTB303; I don’t like the store’s high prices compared to retail but you have a lot of nerve judging those who do find value themselves.

@Golwar; True, gotta wonder. Sad thing is it doesn’t matter to many who post here regularly whether or not we get replies. Always the same questions and complaints from the same people regardless. Thankfully, the vocal community doesn’t necessarily represent the majority.

lazy people are downloading to hij prices
them buy same games over en over
i buy lots of games ( some same )

silent = means then nowh we are richt !
not stoping until u fix u mes + taking u responsibelity now.

-accurate measures +  prices  and better cominicatie policy, otherwise u gone lose many customers

Project2insanity

no majority keep silent , but go also silent away ;)

if lots of u loyal peopel ( main peopel who buy lots of new games new consoles …. are angry u have big problem .)

dark_angel69 6 December, 2012 @ 5:53 pm   31

@Fred
Nice to see Assassin’s creed 3 is at the top where it belongs. I’m surprised about PlayStation AllStars not on the list.

Speaking of Assassin’s creed 3 I was just wondering has the season pass now been removed from the store or does it still remain? I haven’t seen it anywhere in a while. Was hoping maybe if you could pass word onto Chris and ask him to see if it’s possible if he could try get it on sale. Am sure you would agree it would be nice to grab it on sale yourself :P

Fred Dutton 7 December, 2012 @ 9:15 am

Yep, agreed! I’ll have a word with Chris and see what he can wrangle. No promises…

1. CTR: Crash Team Racing (5)
2. Crash Bandicoot (1)
3. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (2)
4. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (4)
Now this is why good old Crash Bandicoot should be in ‘Playstation All Star Battle Royale’ game!!!:P
+ Good to see ‘LBP:Karting’ in the top 10. But playing it online seems empty:( Not many players on there(so its hard getting some of the online Trophies):( Hopefully it will pick-up at Xmas time.

zxRATTLExz 6 December, 2012 @ 6:29 pm   33

@Project

I agree, it is always the same questions and complaints on these blog pages. Does it not seem feasible that the repeated complaints are due to the fact that the numerous issues people have with various aspects of the PSN service remain and show no signs of improvement?
For example, issues were raised yesterday regarding only the Limbo unlock key being accessible via the PS+ section. Workarounds were offered by both the community and staff yet the issue remains on the store itself. Issues with the store week after week, people unable to get things they pay for etc. The store also remains a nightmare to navigate, especially if you are just window shopping, a good month or 2 after it’s update. I need not continue to point out the many more issues themselves as people are well aware but to suggest that those with issues are a minority and in other comments you’ve made “lacking maturity” just for complaining is plain wrong and smacks of blind faith.

AaronSOLDIER 6 December, 2012 @ 6:57 pm   34

Why not add PS2 Classics?

zxRATTLExz

i understend then need time to fix
also i understend when them lounch new store them have problems + takes litel bit time to get evriting runing , but after al time ( stil huge store problems = not ok )

service them promised 1st jear stil not get wen almoast ps4 = coming is just 1 big joke .

do not bring new service wen u not have complete other service world wide were u sel u devices.

if store were i work do tings u do , them are long bankrupt .

L_Alive_7 6 December, 2012 @ 7:13 pm   36

Fred, Any news when Persona 4 Golden is coming to the store.
I know it has already hit the us store

Fred Dutton 7 December, 2012 @ 9:17 am

I believe Atlus has announced that it’s due in EU in late February. Very excited for that one…

L_Alive_7
next jear = Spring 2013

L_Alive_7 6 December, 2012 @ 7:28 pm   38

Monoliet
Seriously Thats tooooo long :(

Project2insanity 6 December, 2012 @ 7:29 pm   39

@zxRATTLExz; Your reply ‘smacks of blind misunderstanding’. At which point did I suggest only a minority face issues? As for the comment regarding maturity, again, attempt to comprehend it before suggesting I am wrong. Try thinking of the bigger picture rather than your own opinion before pretending to see mine.

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 6 December, 2012 @ 8:17 pm   40

Fix the store, all week I’ve been experiencing problems of which ultimately stop me from using it. Really, it is absolutely ridiculous. After that, add some more Ps/Ps2 Classics and maybe I’ll be happy. I’m really hating the new store, it’s nothing short of downright abysmal.

Propinquity 6 December, 2012 @ 9:25 pm   41

Two different prices for Harley’s revenge, it should be £7.99 however two prices exist on the store, and ONLY after going to the checkout page it shows the correct price.

The other price shown is £6.49. Could you please fix, or it’s basically false advertising.

just saying ;)

Looking at the PSone games it just goes to show you how big the Crash Bandicoot games were and how much of a mistake it was for Naughty Dog to sell it off… Crash games were the best ;____;

Oh… That’s a cool chart for Vita… /me Going back to playing Persona 4 Golden.

Carrot_atack 6 December, 2012 @ 10:07 pm   44

@People from Uk wondering who buys full price retail games at Ps Store:
Games in the UK are much cheaper than in the rest of Europe, PS store price is about the same of normal retailers outside of the UK. But yes, digital should obviously be cheaper.

supersmith2500 6 December, 2012 @ 10:11 pm   45

LOL!! And Black Ops Declassified actually topped the US PSVita charts with ACIII: Liberation 2nd and the game that’s not out yet in Europe which will at the end of Winter in 3rd P4: Golden. I don’t know why but it really baffles me Black Ops Declassified manages to top the sales even though it’s a crappy half-finished FPS that only has 10 missions. =P

KusariSoul 6 December, 2012 @ 10:33 pm   46

Any news on why the americans did not get the forced SINGSTAR xmb icon but we did ?

@supersmith2500

just out of curiosity have you played black ops vita?

i have it as i was lucky enough to win a copy in the weekend debate, now i have said many times before im not the biggest fps fan but i see no reason this game has scored so low.

it looks good enough on the vitas screen, it played as i expected with the 2 sticks working well, anyone who says they can finish the game in 1 hr on veteran is lying so the game length is more than 1 hr.

its not amazing but its not the steaming pile that some people have made it out to be.

I bought black ops dissatisfied on release day and returned it for an exchange a few days later. Picked up NFS most wanted instead,way better game and i’m not even a massive racing fan. It just feels like half a game,it’s like the extras you would get in a normal cod game.The online is very slow and buggy.Not worth the money but i may consider picking it up again for maybe €20

@fred
what a pointless blog there isen’t gonna change much at the charts cause there is hardly any new content added let alone classic content still missing about over 50 ps1 title U.S has and also about 40 ps2 title’s they have. and now we are even missing newer cotent how about making a blog adressing SCEE lack of customer service and improvement i think you’ll get a army off fans saying you guys suck and need 2 get you act together but we all know you ignore us

Why are people spending £49.99 – £59.99 on digital downloads?!

Depressing.

And yes, i know the publisher sets the price but the store guys put them on there.

Why not tell the publisher to ‘come back with a decent price and then we will consider putting it on the store’?.

Out of interest Fred, if you was a punter, would you pay £59.99 for Far Cry 3 (for example)? Not trying to be sarcastic, im just curious.

Fred Dutton 7 December, 2012 @ 10:19 am

As it happens, when I lived in the US I bought a lot of full games digitally as it was the quickest way to get PAL versions. Sure, they’re often a bit pricier, but the convenience softened that blow considerably.

But that’s beside the point I guess – the important thing is that you have lots of options. If you think something is too much, just don’t buy it. Generally, the market eventually reacts to what people want. As everyone regularly points out, there are so many ways to pick up games these days, and at all kinds of price points. Do what works best for you!

As for Far Cry 3 – hold on a few days, we’ve got a nice little deal coming your way.

Load all