Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 12:30am

The 12 Deals of Christmas!

12 deals of Christmas

Deal 4: One Piece: Pirate Warriors – Was £39.99/€49.99, now £19.99/€24.99 (50% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 8th December.

Deal 3: Tokyo Jungle – Was £9.99/€12.99, now £5.19/€6.49 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£4.67/€5.84). Offer expires 11.59pm on 6th December.

Deal 2: Battlefield 3 – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99. Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members. Offer expires 11.59pm on 4th December.

Deal 1: 90-day PS Plus subscription – Was £11.99/€14.99, now £7.99/€9.99 (save up to 33%). Offer expires 7.00am on 9th December.

Hi everyone! With Christmas just around the corner, ’tis the season to be jolly! Now you have 12 extra special reasons to celebrate as the 12 Deals of Christmas makes its return to PlayStation Store.

Starting on 1st December 2012, PlayStation Store will feature 12 incredible deals for you to unwrap. You will only be able to redeem each deal from PlayStation Store for a period of 48 hours and then they vanish, quicker than a Christmas pudding!

Just like the presents under your tree, we are going to keep these deals under wraps until it’s time for them to be opened. So make sure you keep checking PlayStation Store to find out what the latest amazing deal is. We’ll also update this Blog post every time a deal is added.

Don’t miss out on some great one-time offers – take a sledge ride over to PlayStation Store and treat yourself to a few extra presents this festive season. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

80 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first
E_Darkness 7 December, 2012 @ 12:35 am   1

Such a good deal before, then we get this…

luckysalt81 7 December, 2012 @ 12:41 am   2

I dont even know what this is, never heard of it

almighty-slayer 7 December, 2012 @ 12:45 am   3

Still £30 in shops, so pretty good deal really.

Not my sort of game though.

To be fair, it’s £30+ at retail so it’s a good deal. Too bad it received really terrible reviews. Pass.

Hi Chris, just wondering if we could get an update on what Australia is getting in replacement of Mortal Kombat Vita for PS+?

Chris Howe 7 December, 2012 @ 8:51 am

We are just finalising this, I should be able to provide an update tomorrow but obviously we wouldn’t want to confirm anything until its 100% locked

Bad price for bad game, yea it’s 50% off but that’s 59% off your stupid price, why pay more for less? And for a game you can’t even sell or trade in once you have finished with it….stupid prices. It’s obvious what the 12 deals are and the prices will be stupid…so it’s more like 12 rip off deals.

almighty-slayer 7 December, 2012 @ 12:48 am   7

How is it a bad price when it’s £10 less than the price in shops? Lol

i think i can black ops there!.
and far cry!.
and pretty much that..
please get a dragon age! update origins… the dlc is more expensive then the game it self !

its £26.20 online. id rather pay the extra and have a disc to resell when done. its not my kinda game anyway as iv never watched one piece.

someone post this on HUKD asap for some easy heat tho!

almighty-slayer 7 December, 2012 @ 1:05 am   10

If you don’t sell your games then it’s a great deal. I never sell games so would prefer to go for the version which costs less.

change one piece to naruto or bleach.

tin-cup-70 7 December, 2012 @ 1:35 am   12

Not my cup of tea but… LittleBigPlanet Karting is also €49.99 in the psn store, give that title the same 50% of deal please then it’s a must buy :D

Very good price, but not my kind of game either. But hey! Offer a 50% discount on Journey and Sound Shapes and I promise to buy both!

whiteylfc 7 December, 2012 @ 1:43 am   14

When will Netflix for Vita be out in the UK? Netflix are saying it should be out, but it’s not on PSN.

any chance for Tokyo Jungle’s deal to be extended? I missed that one :(

Chris Howe 7 December, 2012 @ 8:53 am

Sorry all these deals are for 48 hours only so we can’t extend afterwards but you never know it may be in another sale soon

tw34kfr34ky 7 December, 2012 @ 4:14 am   16

i missed Tokyo Jungles deal also.
even though it said it would still be available today its gone :(

Voodoo341 7 December, 2012 @ 6:24 am   17

I suppose I have to give some credit for having it slightly cheaper than retail. It’s a shame it’s such a dull game that has had less impact on the charts than The Book Of Spells. Lets see the trend continued on some games people actually want.

PanaSlayer 7 December, 2012 @ 6:47 am   18

Hahahahahaha. What is this? Never even heard of it. Still happy with getting Tokyo jungle though!!! :D

this is a game i have had my eye on and while the price is fairly ok, my ps3 doesnt have space to waste so i think ill just wait for the retail price to go down. if only you could plug external hardrives into ps3s, sony would make a lot more money because i believe thats why so many people refuse to turn to digital copies.

also i would like to hear an update on what australia is getting instead of mortal combat?

PanaSlayer 7 December, 2012 @ 6:58 am   21

One Piece: Pirate Warriors, wat? Super happy I got Tokyo Jungle the other day though.

When is Journey going to be on offer? :D

Till now, the first deal is the best one. €9.99 for 3 months BUT, if you are a PS+ member, the price is €5.62 ! And it just adds 3 months on your existing subscription. Amazing !

Buyed Tokyo Jungle yesterday. Awesome deal.
Even this one is relatively good although I don’t buy anime games (or at least the DW versions).

And I agree. It’s time for a discount on Journey. :)

RagdollMuffins 7 December, 2012 @ 8:12 am   24

Great deal, great game! :D

Hopping for another 50% discount for Sleeping Dogs in Deal 5.

Hoping for another 50% discount for Sleeping Dogs in Deal 5.

Hi Chris,

Thx for the constant updates on the xmas deals. I’m loving it. Sure not all deals are great, but you can’t please everyone. Keep up the good work.

I didn’t have any problems buying and downloading games on my VITA. I bought and downloaded Rayman without any problems. Also, why can’t I access the PS Store via remote play?

Carnivius_Prime 7 December, 2012 @ 9:20 am   28

Friend of mine will be pleased about this one. He loves One Piece.

I kinda wish I hadn’t bothered buying Tokyo Jungle even at ‘half price’. It’s… ok for a while.. but a frustrating and tedious game overall. I had a hell of a lot more fun playing the Minis game Jetpack Joyride that was half price. That was a pretty fun little game.

Defo getting One Piece, only up to 150 watched episodes but still a must for anime/One Piece fans :)

Pretty meh sales so far.

Thought 12 deals of christmas was going to be a little better then normal sales but these are still 50% just like regulat sales you have all year.

Catkiller1 7 December, 2012 @ 11:03 am   31

Not a bad deal considering the retail price but not my cup of tea!

We would have benefited more on these deals if they were all PSN only titles & not full PS3 titles. Most PSN only titles have fair prices to begin with, so to include a discount on top of that, would have had more of an impact.

TheNudgeMan 7 December, 2012 @ 11:06 am   32

@ mv_21: Mine still wants €9.99 from me for subscribtion!

@kivi95: Yes, but there are 12 of them.

@Chris Howe: Any chance of Dark Souls Artorias DLC being included in this sale? Wishful thinking I know, but hey, it’s Christmas!!
Also, is there even a small chance of getting some LIMBO avatars, or a LIMBO dynamic theme?

Coody-Baroody 7 December, 2012 @ 11:16 am   33

@Chris

Is this deal actuallyy going to be a DEAL this time? Tokyo Jungle NEVER had the extra PS+ discount on my store and then for its final day it went back to FULL PRICE @ £9.99.

I have made a couple of posts about this in the Tokyo Jungle 12 deal posts but still have received NO reply. How is this a good way to treat loyal paying customers?

Im not bothered about this “One Piece” game but am interested in the offers coming up so please, if you can, can you find out why this happenede and if its been fixed?

As i said, this games not for me but its still a good bit of work actually getting it cheaper than it is retail so thanks Chris.

A friend of mine had an issue with Tokyo Jungle not being discounted at all too, it updated for him in the end though..

Good price for this, bad game though. Not complaining just not for me.

Oh her is RemingtonInk’s list from the previous deal of what’s coming up in future for anyone who might be wondering what’s next

#4 One Piece Pirate Warriors
#5 Sleeping Dogs
#6 MOH: Warfighter
#7 NBA2K13
#8 Most Wanted 2 (not sure, generic car so could be any race game)
#9 LBP Karting
#10 Unfinished Swan
#11 Hitman Absolution
#12 Far Cry 3

I’m guessing that Sleeping dogs will be a 50% discount off the stores £49.99 price, I’m interested in that game but not at £25, the disc version can be had from amazon and shopto for £20 and £14.99 from Zavvi

Oh, one last post for the mainland europeans who say that games are more expensive over there Zavvi does international delivery for 99p, free in some countrys, and it’s not that much more using some of the other sites like amazon.

its already been hinted theres a discount comming up soon on journey so i dont think that list is 100% correct

@hayzink, I don’t think we’ll get Journey on sale as a part of X-mas deals. Pretty sure we’ll have to wait a bit longer. I don’t mind until it’s coming at some point though! Been waiting for the price drop for a long time now. The game is awesome, but I heard it’s short so I don’t want to pay full price for it.

ERROR8013030F 7 December, 2012 @ 12:20 pm   40

“Anyway, do you know why the PS Store is extremely slow? When I tried to buy Tokyo Jungle yesterday, I was getting constant timeouts and server errors. It took me 45 minutes before I could buy the game and another 30 minutes before I could start downloading the game. What’s going on here? ”

I had the same. Tried twice for Tokyo Jungle – first thing it was not giving the Plus discount. Later it was busy. Store said it was available today, and now it’s not. Totally unimpressed with this shambles.

Shuyinsama 7 December, 2012 @ 12:42 pm   41

I actually love this Deal, I’m a huge One Piece fan, And have been waiting to buy this.
It’s still 60Euros where I live and International is only cheap if you own a Credit Card and I don’t want one.

So yeah I bought it…

Jamesyp00 7 December, 2012 @ 12:50 pm   42

Why’s everyone crapping on this deal? It’s a good game that’s actually less than retail!
Chris you did good on this one, hope the other games get knocked this far down :)

Meh game, but great discount of 50%

Deal 2 was a pretty good game but a meh discount.

Now make the coming 8 deals both good games and great 50% discount!

Any chance of an extension for Tokyo Jungle? Both times I went onto PSN the price was wrong for me as a PS+ subscriber. Now the offer has run out.

I appreciate that the offers are for a limited time, but I hope you can also understand that some of us can’t be on the PSN all the time and may have missed it.

WORST SALE EVER!!!!!!!

@ZACHSP8

its not over yet lol.

theres usually a normal christmas sale at the end as well(well there was last year) so some titles you may want might spring up then.

afasantos 7 December, 2012 @ 2:35 pm   47

Any chance of putting Tokyo Jungle up again? I know the offer had a limited time, but when I tried to buy it (wednesday night and thursday morning) it was impossible to even buy it one time and the other time I tried, it was full price.

I read it was a shop problem, so is there any way to compensate who miss this offer because of that? As other user wrote, we can’t be 24/7 in front of our PS3 and entering the shop and probably most of us can only use it during night time.

Was there, meant to be another 10% discount for PS Plus members. Getting the game off PSN means I can having it running on my 2 PS3s and play some multiplayer with needing split screen.

No sign of it on the blog but the PSN store can now be access from a PC or any internet capable device.

store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Fred Dutton 7 December, 2012 @ 2:55 pm

Correct – we are testing a new web store, which we look forward to announcing and launching to the PlayStation/Sony community shortly. Look out for more information next week.

Voodoo341 7 December, 2012 @ 3:15 pm   50

Let’s hope you test it a bit more than you tested the new PS Store or we can expect another broken mess.

Load all