Posted 12:30am

The 12 Deals of Christmas!

12 deals of Christmas

Deal 4: One Piece: Pirate Warriors – Was £39.99/€49.99, now £19.99/€24.99 (50% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 8th December.

Deal 3: Tokyo Jungle – Was £9.99/€12.99, now £5.19/€6.49 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£4.67/€5.84). Offer expires 11.59pm on 6th December.

Deal 2: Battlefield 3 – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99. Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members. Offer expires 11.59pm on 4th December.

Deal 1: 90-day PS Plus subscription – Was £11.99/€14.99, now £7.99/€9.99 (save up to 33%). Offer expires 7.00am on 9th December.

Hi everyone! With Christmas just around the corner, ’tis the season to be jolly! Now you have 12 extra special reasons to celebrate as the 12 Deals of Christmas makes its return to PlayStation Store.

Starting on 1st December 2012, PlayStation Store will feature 12 incredible deals for you to unwrap. You will only be able to redeem each deal from PlayStation Store for a period of 48 hours and then they vanish, quicker than a Christmas pudding!

Just like the presents under your tree, we are going to keep these deals under wraps until it’s time for them to be opened. So make sure you keep checking PlayStation Store to find out what the latest amazing deal is. We’ll also update this Blog post every time a deal is added.

Don’t miss out on some great one-time offers – take a sledge ride over to PlayStation Store and treat yourself to a few extra presents this festive season. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

80 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first
E_Darkness 7 December, 2012 @ 12:35 am   1

Such a good deal before, then we get this…

luckysalt81 7 December, 2012 @ 12:41 am   2

I dont even know what this is, never heard of it

almighty-slayer 7 December, 2012 @ 12:45 am   3

Still £30 in shops, so pretty good deal really.

Not my sort of game though.

To be fair, it’s £30+ at retail so it’s a good deal. Too bad it received really terrible reviews. Pass.

Hi Chris, just wondering if we could get an update on what Australia is getting in replacement of Mortal Kombat Vita for PS+?

Chris Howe 7 December, 2012 @ 8:51 am

We are just finalising this, I should be able to provide an update tomorrow but obviously we wouldn’t want to confirm anything until its 100% locked

Bad price for bad game, yea it’s 50% off but that’s 59% off your stupid price, why pay more for less? And for a game you can’t even sell or trade in once you have finished with it….stupid prices. It’s obvious what the 12 deals are and the prices will be stupid…so it’s more like 12 rip off deals.

almighty-slayer 7 December, 2012 @ 12:48 am   7

How is it a bad price when it’s £10 less than the price in shops? Lol

i think i can black ops there!.
and far cry!.
and pretty much that..
please get a dragon age! update origins… the dlc is more expensive then the game it self !

its £26.20 online. id rather pay the extra and have a disc to resell when done. its not my kinda game anyway as iv never watched one piece.

someone post this on HUKD asap for some easy heat tho!

almighty-slayer 7 December, 2012 @ 1:05 am   10

If you don’t sell your games then it’s a great deal. I never sell games so would prefer to go for the version which costs less.

change one piece to naruto or bleach.

tin-cup-70 7 December, 2012 @ 1:35 am   12

Not my cup of tea but… LittleBigPlanet Karting is also €49.99 in the psn store, give that title the same 50% of deal please then it’s a must buy :D

Very good price, but not my kind of game either. But hey! Offer a 50% discount on Journey and Sound Shapes and I promise to buy both!

whiteylfc 7 December, 2012 @ 1:43 am   14

When will Netflix for Vita be out in the UK? Netflix are saying it should be out, but it’s not on PSN.

any chance for Tokyo Jungle’s deal to be extended? I missed that one :(

Chris Howe 7 December, 2012 @ 8:53 am

Sorry all these deals are for 48 hours only so we can’t extend afterwards but you never know it may be in another sale soon

tw34kfr34ky 7 December, 2012 @ 4:14 am   16

i missed Tokyo Jungles deal also.
even though it said it would still be available today its gone :(

Voodoo341 7 December, 2012 @ 6:24 am   17

I suppose I have to give some credit for having it slightly cheaper than retail. It’s a shame it’s such a dull game that has had less impact on the charts than The Book Of Spells. Lets see the trend continued on some games people actually want.

PanaSlayer 7 December, 2012 @ 6:47 am   18

Hahahahahaha. What is this? Never even heard of it. Still happy with getting Tokyo jungle though!!! :D

this is a game i have had my eye on and while the price is fairly ok, my ps3 doesnt have space to waste so i think ill just wait for the retail price to go down. if only you could plug external hardrives into ps3s, sony would make a lot more money because i believe thats why so many people refuse to turn to digital copies.

also i would like to hear an update on what australia is getting instead of mortal combat?

PanaSlayer 7 December, 2012 @ 6:58 am   21

One Piece: Pirate Warriors, wat? Super happy I got Tokyo Jungle the other day though.

When is Journey going to be on offer? :D

Till now, the first deal is the best one. €9.99 for 3 months BUT, if you are a PS+ member, the price is €5.62 ! And it just adds 3 months on your existing subscription. Amazing !

Buyed Tokyo Jungle yesterday. Awesome deal.
Even this one is relatively good although I don’t buy anime games (or at least the DW versions).

And I agree. It’s time for a discount on Journey. :)

RagdollMuffins 7 December, 2012 @ 8:12 am   24

Great deal, great game! :D

Hopping for another 50% discount for Sleeping Dogs in Deal 5.

Hoping for another 50% discount for Sleeping Dogs in Deal 5.

Hi Chris,

Thx for the constant updates on the xmas deals. I’m loving it. Sure not all deals are great, but you can’t please everyone. Keep up the good work.

I didn’t have any problems buying and downloading games on my VITA. I bought and downloaded Rayman without any problems. Also, why can’t I access the PS Store via remote play?

Carnivius_Prime 7 December, 2012 @ 9:20 am   28

Friend of mine will be pleased about this one. He loves One Piece.

I kinda wish I hadn’t bothered buying Tokyo Jungle even at ‘half price’. It’s… ok for a while.. but a frustrating and tedious game overall. I had a hell of a lot more fun playing the Minis game Jetpack Joyride that was half price. That was a pretty fun little game.

Defo getting One Piece, only up to 150 watched episodes but still a must for anime/One Piece fans :)

Pretty meh sales so far.

Thought 12 deals of christmas was going to be a little better then normal sales but these are still 50% just like regulat sales you have all year.

Catkiller1 7 December, 2012 @ 11:03 am   31

Not a bad deal considering the retail price but not my cup of tea!

We would have benefited more on these deals if they were all PSN only titles & not full PS3 titles. Most PSN only titles have fair prices to begin with, so to include a discount on top of that, would have had more of an impact.

TheNudgeMan 7 December, 2012 @ 11:06 am   32

@ mv_21: Mine still wants €9.99 from me for subscribtion!

@kivi95: Yes, but there are 12 of them.

@Chris Howe: Any chance of Dark Souls Artorias DLC being included in this sale? Wishful thinking I know, but hey, it’s Christmas!!
Also, is there even a small chance of getting some LIMBO avatars, or a LIMBO dynamic theme?

Coody-Baroody 7 December, 2012 @ 11:16 am   33

@Chris

Is this deal actuallyy going to be a DEAL this time? Tokyo Jungle NEVER had the extra PS+ discount on my store and then for its final day it went back to FULL PRICE @ £9.99.

I have made a couple of posts about this in the Tokyo Jungle 12 deal posts but still have received NO reply. How is this a good way to treat loyal paying customers?

Im not bothered about this “One Piece” game but am interested in the offers coming up so please, if you can, can you find out why this happenede and if its been fixed?

As i said, this games not for me but its still a good bit of work actually getting it cheaper than it is retail so thanks Chris.

A friend of mine had an issue with Tokyo Jungle not being discounted at all too, it updated for him in the end though..

Good price for this, bad game though. Not complaining just not for me.

Oh her is RemingtonInk’s list from the previous deal of what’s coming up in future for anyone who might be wondering what’s next

#4 One Piece Pirate Warriors
#5 Sleeping Dogs
#6 MOH: Warfighter
#7 NBA2K13
#8 Most Wanted 2 (not sure, generic car so could be any race game)
#9 LBP Karting
#10 Unfinished Swan
#11 Hitman Absolution
#12 Far Cry 3

I’m guessing that Sleeping dogs will be a 50% discount off the stores £49.99 price, I’m interested in that game but not at £25, the disc version can be had from amazon and shopto for £20 and £14.99 from Zavvi

Oh, one last post for the mainland europeans who say that games are more expensive over there Zavvi does international delivery for 99p, free in some countrys, and it’s not that much more using some of the other sites like amazon.

its already been hinted theres a discount comming up soon on journey so i dont think that list is 100% correct

@hayzink, I don’t think we’ll get Journey on sale as a part of X-mas deals. Pretty sure we’ll have to wait a bit longer. I don’t mind until it’s coming at some point though! Been waiting for the price drop for a long time now. The game is awesome, but I heard it’s short so I don’t want to pay full price for it.

ERROR8013030F 7 December, 2012 @ 12:20 pm   40

“Anyway, do you know why the PS Store is extremely slow? When I tried to buy Tokyo Jungle yesterday, I was getting constant timeouts and server errors. It took me 45 minutes before I could buy the game and another 30 minutes before I could start downloading the game. What’s going on here? ”

I had the same. Tried twice for Tokyo Jungle – first thing it was not giving the Plus discount. Later it was busy. Store said it was available today, and now it’s not. Totally unimpressed with this shambles.

Shuyinsama 7 December, 2012 @ 12:42 pm   41

I actually love this Deal, I’m a huge One Piece fan, And have been waiting to buy this.
It’s still 60Euros where I live and International is only cheap if you own a Credit Card and I don’t want one.

So yeah I bought it…

Jamesyp00 7 December, 2012 @ 12:50 pm   42

Why’s everyone crapping on this deal? It’s a good game that’s actually less than retail!
Chris you did good on this one, hope the other games get knocked this far down :)

Meh game, but great discount of 50%

Deal 2 was a pretty good game but a meh discount.

Now make the coming 8 deals both good games and great 50% discount!

Any chance of an extension for Tokyo Jungle? Both times I went onto PSN the price was wrong for me as a PS+ subscriber. Now the offer has run out.

I appreciate that the offers are for a limited time, but I hope you can also understand that some of us can’t be on the PSN all the time and may have missed it.

WORST SALE EVER!!!!!!!

@ZACHSP8

its not over yet lol.

theres usually a normal christmas sale at the end as well(well there was last year) so some titles you may want might spring up then.

afasantos 7 December, 2012 @ 2:35 pm   47

Any chance of putting Tokyo Jungle up again? I know the offer had a limited time, but when I tried to buy it (wednesday night and thursday morning) it was impossible to even buy it one time and the other time I tried, it was full price.

I read it was a shop problem, so is there any way to compensate who miss this offer because of that? As other user wrote, we can’t be 24/7 in front of our PS3 and entering the shop and probably most of us can only use it during night time.

Was there, meant to be another 10% discount for PS Plus members. Getting the game off PSN means I can having it running on my 2 PS3s and play some multiplayer with needing split screen.

No sign of it on the blog but the PSN store can now be access from a PC or any internet capable device.

store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Fred Dutton 7 December, 2012 @ 2:55 pm

Correct – we are testing a new web store, which we look forward to announcing and launching to the PlayStation/Sony community shortly. Look out for more information next week.

Voodoo341 7 December, 2012 @ 3:15 pm   50

Deal 1 i take 1 x so now i have + until next deals ;)
before expire 7/12/13 now 90 days more .

fred nice to see new ways of store , but what are plans to make ps3 psn shop faster + remove language problems in ore store ?
also new hour u place tings = lots beter ( staying new hour ?)

also news on playstaion mobile on vita – facebook – netflix in belgium?

please give us DEALS we want to buy not the crap no one wants.don’t think about yourself 1st as always,think about your customers 1st for ONCE mr sony employee.

jimbob12345678 7 December, 2012 @ 4:32 pm   53

@chris

A little bit random of a request but could we get a price drop on the DLC charaters for Blazblue: Continuum Shift? There’s long been a extended cut of the game available with the extra characters included and the limited edition of both that, and the original Continuum Shift are cheaper to buy new than the DLC!

Thanks in advance
(Shameless copy/paste) ;)

wiipass , them canot do = to many peopel

but do deals lots peopel of intrest = jes

ps+ % off – cod bo2 season pas % off ( under 50€ )

some singstar songs free to promote singstar instead of iritating ting on xmb .

the living dead pay 50%

playstation alstars % of + some free excluzieve carakter u canot get elswere .

new aplications like facebook – netflix on ps3

litelbig planet 2 % of + free costums ,levels

god of war 1-2-3 % of

gt5% of + free stuf

Wonderbook™: Book of Spells % off

Sorcery™ % off

The Ratchet & Clank™ Trilogy % off

FIFA 13 deal

+ if u want great inpact = news like ps4 auncement – ps vita price cut – some new excluzieve games ! makes holidays even beter

tw34kfr34ky

toky deal = last paket today ! but stil u can get ith

“Posted on 7 December, 2012 at 2:55 pm by Fred Dutton

Posted on 7 December, 2012 at 3:15 pm by Voodoo341
Let’s hope you test it a bit more than you tested the new PS Store or we can expect another broken mess.”

This Sony, THIS.

vonhammer 7 December, 2012 @ 8:26 pm   57

” 90-day PS Plus subscription 9th December”

Was that extended? I thought I would miss out on it but if the date is true I’ll pick it up.

vonhammer 7 December, 2012 @ 8:30 pm   58

@TheMART

“Please give back the old PSN store on PS3… This slow store that is harder to browse than the old one can go already.”

It was slow for a day or two,but I find it zips along nicely now,much better now.
I’m 50/50 on search.At times two letters is all I need,other times the old input would work better.
The only thing I prefer from the old store is download without the need for check out.

tiago-kun 7 December, 2012 @ 9:01 pm   59

I would totally get this at this price, but I’m at a moment where I just can’t.

I ordered the game from Zavvi two months ago and still didn’t receive it. TWO MONTHS!!! Their support is not replying me… Friendly advice, avoid Zavvi, especially if you’re not on the UK.

Jamesyp00 7 December, 2012 @ 9:03 pm   60

This is a really good game guys, especially if your a one piece/Dynasty Warriors fan, so fun!
Looking forward to the sequel next year!

What the hell i ask? 50% off? Where – game on polish store is 169 and in your sale it is 99pln – id does not have additional P+ discount. So i ask again what kind of 50% deal is it when it is 99pln [for grand line it would be a smashing deal but for base??].

And i was soooo loking forward to this… :(

dark_angel69 7 December, 2012 @ 10:59 pm   62

@tiago-kun
Sorry to hear you waited so long. I would be pulling my hair out. Don’t forget thehut. They seem to be coming from same warehouse or something like GAME and gamestation. I never had much problems with them but I heard many has and they ignore their costumers. They aren’t all bad but they sure as hell aren’t the best either.

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 7 December, 2012 @ 11:34 pm   63

@Moderator

Please hear me out, would it be possible to arrange a PS Classic sale on a range of classics? I for one would love this and “pig out”, so to speak, on the titles available. Please reply with your thoughts on this and thankyou.

Games I was thinking of we’re the classic Tomb Raiders, Final Fantasy, Silent Hill and the Resident Evils.

bitbydeath 8 December, 2012 @ 12:17 am   64

Please add Borderlands 2, the game is $68 in the shops yet $90 on the SEN store.

Please fix. :-(

Player42791 8 December, 2012 @ 1:42 am   65

@tiago-kun

It happens to me all the time when I order off zavvi. Last time it happened I managed to get a reply from support saying there was an issue with the supplier but the site still had “Usually dispatched within 24 hours” I think the most I’ve had to wait is three months for Demon’s Souls.

The PS+ subscription is back to it’s normal price (€14.99), but it is not even the 9th of December ?

I specifically went out to buy $15 of psn credit today to get the psn plus subscription, but when I get on the psn store the advertisement for 90 day psn plus says $13.45 but when I go to the page and checkout its gone back up to $19.95. What’s up with this? I am very disappointed.

the same problem as in HansDV. I wanted to buy it today:[

bending_unit22 8 December, 2012 @ 10:15 am   69

Horrible deals

Shabadenaya 8 December, 2012 @ 10:21 am   70

Tempting deals on bad games.
If only the had avatars bundles in the Christmas deals I would be more interested.

PhilBenton 8 December, 2012 @ 10:25 am   71

I wanted tokyo jungle but it just kept coming up at the $10 price instead of the $5 one. I feel very let down buy sony.

Someone apparently noticed; the price for 90 days PS+ is €9.99 again

Shabadenaya 8 December, 2012 @ 3:30 pm   73

@PhilBenton

You lacked play-station plus that’s probably why.

12 rip-offs of Christmas.

I also got serious problems finding certain games. I also got problems finding avatars and themes. Let’s not forget DLCs for games with more than a couple of them.

dark_angel69 8 December, 2012 @ 5:57 pm   75

@PhilBenton
Did you not read this bit “Offer expires 11.59pm on 6th December”. If you have been trying to buy it after that date then that explains the full price.

soraVdboy 8 December, 2012 @ 6:09 pm   76

Can someone explain to me how deal 5…a BOX is sleeping dogs???

I thought the PS+ deal was expiring at 7am?! I tried to get it just now but its already gone :(

“Deal 1: 90-day PS Plus subscription – Was £11.99/€14.99, now £7.99/€9.99 (save up to 33%). Offer expires 7.00am on 9th December”

Glad I managed to pick up Tokyo Jungle at it’s discounted price. I love Tokyo Jungle it was well worth the money I’m finding it addictive.

stargateheaven 10 December, 2012 @ 2:06 pm   80

@78 you posted that at 12.. it says it finishes at 7am! that’s long gone.