Posted 12:30am

The 12 Deals of Christmas!

12 deals of Christmas

Deal 5: Sleeping Dogs – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £15.99/€19.99 (67% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£14.39/€17.99). Offer expires 11.59pm on 10th December.

Deal 4: One Piece: Pirate Warriors – Was £39.99/€49.99, now £19.99/€24.99 (50% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 8th December.

Deal 3: Tokyo Jungle – Was £9.99/€12.99, now £5.19/€6.49 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£4.67/€5.84). Offer expires 11.59pm on 6th December.

Deal 2: Battlefield 3 – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99. Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members. Offer expires 11.59pm on 4th December.

Deal 1: 90-day PS Plus subscription – Was £11.99/€14.99, now £7.99/€9.99 (save up to 33%). Offer expires 7.00am on 9th December.

Hi everyone! With Christmas just around the corner, ’tis the season to be jolly! Now you have 12 extra special reasons to celebrate as the 12 Deals of Christmas makes its return to PlayStation Store.

Starting on 1st December 2012, PlayStation Store will feature 12 incredible deals for you to unwrap. You will only be able to redeem each deal from PlayStation Store for a period of 48 hours and then they vanish, quicker than a Christmas pudding!

Just like the presents under your tree, we are going to keep these deals under wraps until it’s time for them to be opened. So make sure you keep checking PlayStation Store to find out what the latest amazing deal is. We’ll also update this Blog post every time a deal is added.

Don’t miss out on some great one-time offers – take a sledge ride over to PlayStation Store and treat yourself to a few extra presents this festive season. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

106 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

TheNudgeMan 9 December, 2012 @ 12:37 am   1

Great deal Chris!

Now that one will be hard to pass up at that price!

Sorry to be greedy, but is there any chance of Dark Souls DLC going on sale at any stage?

I have to say I am very please with this deal.
A game I wanted at the Right price.

Keep this kind of discount for the rest of the 12 Deals and you may be able to redeem yourselves from the poor start.

Thanks.

Btw. Deal 5 includes 3 DLC packs + 2 DLCs are free aswell. Six items for £15.99 makes this a fantastic deal.

That is one HU-GE discount. Well worth it.

Could you please give me a hint about deal number 8 discount? Will it be over 50%?

Sadly I can only purchase one deal this month, and I want it to be the best one for me.

Much appreciated!

RemingtonInk 9 December, 2012 @ 12:42 am   5

Besides the first one, I won’t be buying any of the deals, but from what I can tell this deal ain’t too shabby (of course there will always be haters). Props though. Yeah yeah, the second deal was bad, let’s just not forget you are not entitled anything (that’s not too say complaints can’t be made, they can and they should… when the need arises). But and most importantly, let’s not forget the tremendous value that is PS+. I for one, am grateful to Sony and there are always those who simply are never satisfied (I challenge you to go out there and buy Batman Arkham City, Vanquish, all the other stuff that is available now and and the upcoming two months, for the price of PS+). Cheers!

By the way, here’s a gathered list from previous posters:
#6 MOH: Warfighter
#7 NBA2K13
#8 Most Wanted 2 (not sure, generic car so could be any race game)
#9 LBP Karting
#10 Unfinished Swan
#11 Hitman Absolution
#12 Far Cry 3

Great deal.How many gigabytes is Sleeping dogs?

Very nice, if only I had not picked this up for €12,24 (Steam key, limited edition) on GMG just last month. Different platform, I know, but still…

InkyAshizuki 9 December, 2012 @ 12:59 am   8

Pretty nice deal, indeed :3 Though, may I ask if the Vita is going to get some love too? ^^

almighty-slayer 9 December, 2012 @ 1:01 am   9

That’s a pretty huge discount. Takes it from a ridiculous price to a very reasonable price. Nice work, Chris.

immergingvirus 9 December, 2012 @ 1:30 am   10

Fantastic deal and you get all the chargeable dlc for free

So, according to some comments, his deal includes DLC?

almighty-slayer 9 December, 2012 @ 1:43 am   12

Yes, it includes three DLC packs:

The Retro Triad Pack
The Red Envelope Pack
The Street Racer Pack

Well. I’m convinced. I will buy this over Most Wanted.

The Sleeping Dogs Download size clocks in at 7.1GB (Need double this to download and install but will only take upthe initial amount when complete)

You guys at Sony are waging war on my hard drive with all the new games, sales and ps+ titles…. I love it

Wow, nice deal, too bad it’s not available here. I wonder what we’ll get in Germany instead – assuming that there will be a replacement at all and not just a rebranding to “11 Deals of Christmas”.

(yes, there is a German version of Sleeping Dogs – it’s just not available on the SEN store)

bitbydeath 9 December, 2012 @ 3:10 am   17

Can we get a Borderlands 2 discount?
It costs $89.95 on PSN but only $68.00 at retail.

THE_FORCE 9 December, 2012 @ 3:49 am   18

I was only thinking about this game earlier today as I need something to tide me over till Ni No Kuni. That price seems nice. :)

Liquid_Evolution 9 December, 2012 @ 3:56 am   19

Does the 7:00am below refer to GMT?

crusher915 9 December, 2012 @ 4:41 am   20

@Liquid_Evolution yes, to bad I’ve missed it, I was going to buy it later today after I got a top up card.

E_Darkness 9 December, 2012 @ 4:56 am   21

You can get Sleeping Dogs cheaper from Zavvi in the UK. £14.99. Just saying.

Wow I was expecting it to be down to 30 at the least. These are the kind of percentages that make a worthwhile sale, competing well against Steam. Nice one lads.

redalertrules 9 December, 2012 @ 5:17 am   23

dam thanks so much chris this is an insane deal for me, plus some dlc thrown in to make it even better, just bought :)

Russian store sells it for 22 euro. Don`t you think it`s a bit unfair, huh? Is it some kind of prejudice?
Actually the deal is great, but we are [DELETED] up again. Poor attitude, Sony.

I appreciate the “sale” but why does New Zealand ALWAYS have to pay ridiculously jacked up prices?! Why can’t you just make it a straight £/€ to $NZD conversion?! Sleeping Dogs should be $30 but we’re paying way more!

Seriously, STOP RIPPING US OFF! 5 years of this and SCEE still can’t show us any respect.

Bought Sleeping Dogs :)

Great price !!!

see now thats how you make a brilliant game deal! dont go bringing that battlefield crap around here.

immediately bought this one, itd be another year or so until you could get this game for that price PLUS DLC

oh and if anyones wondering about the AU price its 22$ with plus 24$ without.

really wish they would include aussie prices in the blog post!

good offer,i would like to see some high rated but newly released PSN titles on offer soon. :)
games like (journey,starhawk,joe danger,virtua fighter..etc)

@ Bitbydeath
if you want borderlands 2 cheap go to ebay, ive seen it as low as 24$ (au) there. games arent region locked either.

fantastic price for a stunning game.

i already own this but if its a game your on the fence about buy it and you wont be sorry.

i_am_locust 9 December, 2012 @ 8:25 am   32

They really should start thinking about building you a giant statue, Chris. Great work with the Plus-games. And this… Damn hard to resist.

Voodoo341 9 December, 2012 @ 8:33 am   33

This is the price this game should be on the store now anyway not just during a sale. It’s a good price but the fact it’ll return to +£40 tomorrow really just highlights how big a rip off the store is.

bitbydeath 9 December, 2012 @ 8:35 am   34

Thanks Terarded but i was hoping to get a digital version.

PIREDERAS 9 December, 2012 @ 8:56 am   35

A great deal! Until now I hesitated to pick Sleeping Dogs in retail because I don’t like open world games like GTA, but this deal is tremendous! I’ll play when I have some time in the future, because Sony has spoiled us with PS+ and the 12 Christmas Deals!

RossyWilson 9 December, 2012 @ 9:01 am   36

saw that the price before the sale was £50 and didnt think you would be able to beat the shop price of around £20. and with dlc included as well this is a must buy. well done chris

Great price,in two minds to get it or not.Had it on disc when it came out and got a bit bored of it. Probably should of put this up before Battlefield deal,don’t think there would of been as much complaints then.

Carnivius_Prime 9 December, 2012 @ 9:19 am   38

Great deal. Game doesn’t interest me much at all (the demo was kind of fun in a way but the story and characters really put me off and I don’t much care for open-world games… far too much time wasting getting to actual ‘levels’) but for those who want it that’s a really huge discount.

Opt1mus76 9 December, 2012 @ 9:49 am   39

Pretty sweet deal there. Might have to pick Sleeping Dogs up now.
Now if you can get LBP Karting on similar deal… (I prefer Sonic & All Stars but my kids like Sackboy)

jimbob12345678 9 December, 2012 @ 10:00 am   40

@chris

A little bit random of a request but could we get a price drop on the DLC charaters for Blazblue: Continuum Shift? There’s long been a extended cut of the game available with the extra characters included and the limited edition of both that, and the original Continuum Shift are cheaper to buy new than the DLC!

Thanks in advance
(Shameless copy/paste)

dark_angel69 9 December, 2012 @ 10:27 am   41

@Chris

Winter is coming! We are going to need to pray to the old gods for some snow. Even if we do get some snow, I doubt the wall will be high enough. What do you say about getting us Game of Thrones for January PS+? We have some white walkers to kill!!

p.s. Am sure everyone here would love a chance to take the head of that douchebag Joffrey and put it on a pike :P

@Everyone else
If you plan on commenting back on this, please no spoilers. Don’t have the channel to watch season 2 so waiting on dvd. Thanks :D

marach_liz 9 December, 2012 @ 10:27 am   42

Now THIS is a great deal. If you could do the same with Far Cry 3 I would be very pleased.

Also can we hope for some deals on Bioshock & Bioshock 2 before Bioshock Infinite is realeased?

Thanks.

tin-cup-70 9 December, 2012 @ 10:41 am   43

wow what a amazing deal :o

Still got my fingers crossed that LBP Karting wil have a good discount to so i will be able to buy it, then i got some creating to do this Christmas ^^

robbo1337 9 December, 2012 @ 11:08 am   44

If I didn’t already own Sleeping Dogs I’d be snapping it up at that price. Thoroughly enjoyed this game. Probably one of the few games I’ve played through to 100% trophy completion this year and kept on playing afterwards. (The other being The Walking Dead – goty)

bennyrafal 9 December, 2012 @ 11:15 am   45

Shop went crazy again, “12 christmas deals” tab

Nikolay_Evgenyev 9 December, 2012 @ 11:44 am   46

Здесь цена на Sleeping Dogs указана 18 евро. А в русском PsStore – 899 рублей = 22 евро. Почему так?

translate.google ru ->
Here price to Sleeping Dogs – 18 euros. In Russian PsStore – 899 rubles = 22 euros. Why?

Great deal!

Well if that ain’t nice. Everyone is amazed by the great deal and Germany gets nothing.

You know, Nintendo is currently being blamed for how it restricts 18+ content in Europe. But at least they try to offer content somehow to adults. I wish I could say the same about Sony in Germany.

irish-sid 9 December, 2012 @ 12:27 pm   49

Oh, PS+ is an additional 10% off? Disregard my last comment ^_^

lloydstenton 9 December, 2012 @ 12:29 pm   50

Now, if only the store would let me buy it …..

Now this is a good deal, thanks for posting! I am going to buy this Sleeping Dogs to relieve my sandbox thirst until GTA V hits the streets.

farfromsane 9 December, 2012 @ 12:41 pm   52

wow an unexpected deal that i can’t turn down

dogwalker4000 9 December, 2012 @ 12:56 pm   53

This is an awesome deal, really hoping the Far Cry 3 deal at the end of this isn’t a let down.

robbenslb 9 December, 2012 @ 1:38 pm   54

Finally, a good deal.

GuerillaBRO 9 December, 2012 @ 1:53 pm   55

@ All the Aussies and Germans, blame your government not Sony. Due to German laws some shooters are not allowed to be sold in Germany. And Aussies, your government has increased the tax % on videogames (If I’m correct).

zxRATTLExz 9 December, 2012 @ 2:02 pm   56

Tempting….Already got Platinum on this and traded it in but i’ve regretted it since as i miss playing it. Might just have to grab this and the halloween dlc.

Jamesyp00 9 December, 2012 @ 2:23 pm   57

I got this around launch and platinumed it (Easy plat if any trophy hunters are concerned with getting it) but i regret trading it in since i had so much fun with the combat and story, Tempted to get it again at this price and pick up the halloween dlc and upcoming combat dlc too.

@GuerillaBRO Don’t you think we know our laws better than you? A version of sleeping dogs with a few finishing moves removed has been released in Germany and is legally available to buy (if you’re an adult). It’s only missing from the SEN store, so it seems that we only get 11 Deals of Christmas.

Oh, and just to clarify: It’s not the government’s decision if a game does not get released in Germany or only gets released in “edited” form. The blame (if you really want to call it that) lies with the publisher who gets to decide what version of a game they want to release, although in some cases (e.g. all console releases) they may be limited by additional licensing requirements of the platform. One example of these additional requirements: As far as I know all of the three console makers (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) currently do not allow any games on their system that were refused classification, similar to the situation in the US where they do not allow games rated AO (adult only) on their platforms.

“not allowed to be sold” is also inaccurate, but this text box is too small to explain the details.

Roscoe182 9 December, 2012 @ 2:30 pm   59

great deal il take it. was guna wait for far cry 3 but i don’t wana miss this. il just get far cry 3 next year , as i can only afford 1 of these xmas deals.

Well said Qawoor2. I wish those people, as GuerillaBRO, who simply don’t know the facts would remain silent instead to imagine excuses for companies.

It is legally possible to sell pretty much every game to adults in Germany. The stores just have to put some effort into the topic to meet requirements.
Sadly SCEE is the worst company in regard of satisfying their customers demands here. I’d dare say that they never even really tried. At least I never managed to register the slightest sign of improvement.

The Christmas Deal area of the store is a mess, it still shows deal #4 as unopened, half the content doesn’t load at all. *sigh* Really SCEE, do something right first time for a change.

@Golwar and Qawoor2

is it not a bit of a pointless rule, mabey im wrong but do amazon uk and zavvi ect not ship these games to germany without any penalty?

if so then i can only imagine this rule just hurts german retailers as consumers can still get games in there uncensored format but from uk or other retailers.

SuperJag86 9 December, 2012 @ 4:08 pm   63

Brilliant deal Sony/Square-Enix, that’s more like it!
I already have Sleeping Dogs but this is such a great price I had to say well done.
Hopefully other publishers will follow suit!

supersmith2500 9 December, 2012 @ 4:28 pm   64

Yeah please fix the Xmas deals section, it’s a mess.

THE_FORCE 9 December, 2012 @ 4:34 pm   65

Bought and installing now. :)

Of course we can import games freely hayzink. Praise the EU. ;)
But that’s just another point that shows how id*beep* digital stores are handled.

@hayzink: You are correct, importing from the UK is the usual method to get a game both cheaper and without any “edits”. For people who prefer a German-language version of the game Austria is the other common import source when the UK version isn’t multilanguage. DLC can be an issue though because it’s usually not compatible between multiple different versions of a game.

Some retailers offer imports themselves – since they have not been rated and don’t carry a classification symbol they can basically be treated like an adult-only title. There are some differences to a “rated as 18+ only” title which can even vary between titles, but I’d have to look up these details myself.

AeonsDead 9 December, 2012 @ 5:03 pm   68

Sleeping dogs + christmas discount + plus discount = £18
Zavvi.com price for disc version = £15

Why are deals on the store always complete rubbish?

How can Zavvi sell the boxed copy for less than you guys and still make a profit. How much profit are you making? You still make a profit from the £18 price, so why even have it at £50 in the first place?

So please, before posting any “deals” search google.co.uk/shopping and see what the real world is charging before you set your make believe prices.

THE_FORCE 9 December, 2012 @ 5:56 pm   69

@ AeonsDead – where are you getting this £18 figure from ? With the PS+ discount it is £14.39 which is cheaper than Zavvi.

left4bread3 9 December, 2012 @ 6:33 pm   70

Great Offer I’m Impressed! But not my cup of tea, and whilst its cheaper then amazon its only 4 pounds less so if I ever did get it, it wouldnt be much more expensive to buy when the offer isint around (obviously the disc version tho)

zxRATTLExz 9 December, 2012 @ 6:44 pm   71

@JameseyP00
That’s how i felt. Great fun to be had on this game. Really looking forward to playing this tonight with some of the extras the dlc provides and see if i can improve my results on the stat games.

@Sony, you see, if the price is right, people will buy. Also, as i’d already beat this game i decided to get most of the other DLC’s that weren’t included to freshen up the experience, netting you even more money. Not a bad bit of business eh

Don’t forget us Vita users Sony.

supersmith2500 9 December, 2012 @ 6:54 pm   73

Christmas deals on Store is still a mess and second layout screen has missing icons while the last layout had 2 sales already used while the 4th still wrapped up, when is the issue going to be fixed?? =S

Also the PSVita section on the last layout is still missing three icons so fix that while you’re at it. Thanks.

supersmith2500 9 December, 2012 @ 6:54 pm   74

@Huddy:
I think this is only PS3 games I’m afraid.

@AeonsDead I think you should read before googling. The price isn’t £18

Roscoe182 9 December, 2012 @ 8:44 pm   76

that 1gb patch is a killer.. felt like the game downloaded and installed faster than that patch did.

dee4life4444 9 December, 2012 @ 9:17 pm   77

Sleeping Dogs for 14 notes! Yes please! :)

How is Deal #7 NBA12K?
The wrapped silhouette resembles more of a kneeling person than someone slam dunking a B-ball

The PS+ price is the normal price for the retail version of the game, and that’s including shipping to anywhere in the world… At least this isn’t that a big rip-off, but will there be any better deals later? Will there be any new year sale with perhaps some cheaper PSN titles, as pretty much all retail titles in the PS store is way overpriced and a reduction in price only brings it down to the normal retail price, if lucky?

TINTINTB303 10 December, 2012 @ 9:33 am   80

@ Chris

A little off topic but PLEASE answer me this:

Rayman Origins for the Vita is under £12 (with PS+ discount) at the moment. Now I want to buy it BUT am I safe to buy it in the knowledge I will not see it as a PS+ “freebie” in the next 3 months or so??

Cheers

TINTIN :-)

If only I had been home during the Tokyo Jungle sale… *sniff*

Anyways, great deals so far !
Keep up the good work.

TheNudgeMan 10 December, 2012 @ 10:40 am   82

@Chris:

RE: Dark Souls DLC.

Thank You!!

TINTINTB303 10 December, 2012 @ 11:24 am   83

@Chris

Thanks for that buddy. :-D

I need to see sports games in the instant collection please !!!

Great deal for Sleeping Dogs.

Now this is more like it!

Coody-Baroody 10 December, 2012 @ 12:49 pm   87

@Chris

I know this is a bit too late to recieve a reply but Im going to ask anyway just in case.

Please can you try and sort out deals for the Star Wars Force Unleashed & Shift 2 Unleashed DLC packs? I want to start both games but am not paying £7.99 EACH for the 5-6 DLC packs that would be needed to get 100% trophies for both.

Nearly £50 total it would add up to. Please try and sort a deal for them? I remember the US had the Star Wars DLC in a sale (think it was about a year ago if i remember right) but it didnt find its way over these shores afterwards.

Coody-Baroody 10 December, 2012 @ 12:51 pm   88

Oh and i almost forgot; Thanks for this Sleeping Dogs deal. I was certain that none of these deals would drop below retail price and therefore be worth paying for but you have proven me wrong.

Great work Chris.

Coody-Baroody 10 December, 2012 @ 12:58 pm   89

@Qarwoor2

I know you are from Germany mate and we’re are not but its NOT the publishers who decide to release censored content in your country or whether to release it at all its your extremely strict German censorship board.

Spec Ops The Line was given the green light to be released in Germany with no censored parts in its entirety as its message Anti-War themed. Dont you think that 2K wouldve just released a watered down version in your country knowing its strict laws? No it didnt, it gave your censorship board a complete copy of the game – as do all publishers – and it was given the OK.

If it wouldnt have been 2K games wouldve had to go back and THEN water it down for German release.

Good deal, not my kind of game, but a good deal it is.

I still don’t get why there aren’t any PSVita deals though within the 12 Xmas deals. A mod replied that the library wasn’t that large and still building up, but with over 70 games out there should have been some deals for PSVita in those 12 too. If it were only 1 or 2 already.

Curious for the next couple of deals, hopefully there is something in there for me. How about a PS+ year subscription with 50% discount? :P

chris, last yr ps plus got games from the past yr, any plans for any ‘gifts’ (feel cheeky asking after an epic year) but im greedy lol any prezzies for us? merry christmas to all the plus team at scee , thanks for a great year ‘ & to anyone reading this i wish a merry christmas one & all ;->

TheMART ( 90 )

lol jes them not smart to promote 3 moths – 12 months
but u not smart to = when u buy 4 x 3 = also 12 month
so 9.99 x 4 = 39,96 € jes u can stack them up
i only needed 1 x 3 month until next holiday deals in december 2013
if i not take other next gen .

@Coody-Baroody

You are wrong, not every publisher offers every game in the uncensored international version, I have no idea where you got that from. The most simple reason why that isn’t logical possible: Worldwide release dates.

Games aren’t sent in for evaluation long before production. So if games are refused or restrictions are required, it would take a rather long time to replace said elements. You already mentioned that yourself as a possible outcome for SpecOps, so I wonder why you still believe your version.
The simple truth is: The majority of games are cut on the publishers own merits, before the USK or anyone else gets a first glimpse on the product. Often enough publishers don’t even try to receive a certification and abandon the german market right away.

Anyway, that wasn’t Qarwoor’s topic or mine. That is that it is legally possible to sell every single game to adults in Germany that aren’t on the Index. And those are just very very few games, mainly Nazi themed.
Sony simply ignores their options and treats all german customers as children instead.

stealthstu007 10 December, 2012 @ 4:27 pm   94

Anybody have any ideas how i could request a ps1 game to be added to the playstation store, please??

For the beginning stealthstu007: How about naming the game in question? ;)

It is up to its publisher (or current rights holder) to bring a game into the store.

ThreeWallzz 10 December, 2012 @ 4:49 pm   96

can u guys please add Portal 2 to the UAE store aswell as a discount on okami hd?

Damn! I’d get it if I didn’t get the One Piece game, Sleeping dogs looks really good!

jimbob12345678 10 December, 2012 @ 5:15 pm   98

@Chris

Nice one, thanks! :D

Considering this is only 60p cheaper than what you could pay for a physical copy (http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/sleeping-dogs/10590849.html) I’ll be passing this up. Although I will say that this has been the only good deal so far, and appreciate that it’s harder to be competitive sub-£20, but I much prefer physical over digital, especially when the price isn’t all that different. And that doesn’t include the fact that I keep having to delete games as it is.

Just to note, the link at this time is for a price of £14.99.

nineteen19s 10 December, 2012 @ 6:33 pm   101

@Chris

I heard from a friend that Harley Quinn’s Revenge is getting discounted next week for PSPlus subscribers, any one know if there is truth to this?

Much love!

Kamikaze_Tutor 10 December, 2012 @ 7:03 pm   102

I’m really upset that I missed the Tokyo Jungle deal due to validation problems when trying to add my credit card. I arrived home late and literally spent the last hour or so of the deal trying to pay for the game. Then it changed back to its original price on my shopping basket.

Stonesthrow 10 December, 2012 @ 7:10 pm   103

Disappointing deals in my personal opinion, got kinda used to it by now. In this case however, it’s even harder to appreciate the offers because most of these games have only recently been released. That might make it more contemporary choices but if you got these barely a month ago at full price, these choices feel more like a slap in the face. You would think the hardcore early adapters get a nice deal once in a while, but apparently it’s always us that pay the price – both literally and figurative.
They should really lower the price of new games and keep it more steady, like Nintendo does. I mean, the way I see it, this is just the opposite of what it should be. The less interested casuals get the sweet deals.. I’ve always been a hardcore Playstation fan but they really need to start making better deals for their primary hardcore audience too. These choices only add salt to the wounds in my experience. Give a bone to the early adapter too for a change, if it wasn’t for us, these products might go broke right in their steps.

Player42791 10 December, 2012 @ 7:53 pm   104

@nineteen19s

Yeah the Arkham City DLC is getting a plus discount on Wednesday.

crusher915 11 December, 2012 @ 12:14 am   105

so where is the new deal?

nineteen19s 11 December, 2012 @ 4:44 pm   106