Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:00pm

‘Heads-Up’ Store update 12th December 2012

Another week of new content is upon us and we’ve got a good number of classic titles to keep all you retro gamers busy!

GTA_SA_Banner---B2_632x162

Following on from the hugely successful GTAIII and GTA Vice City comes GTA San Andreas. Take control of the streets as new character CJ, with enhancements to gameplay that push the franchise further.

6-Spyro

Spyro the Dragon finally makes his merry way to the European PS Store. It took some time but he’s finally here! The first three Spyro titles land at the same time, too! Step back in time for a classic adventure of the little purple dragon that made a splash many years ago.

castlevania sotn

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, heralded as one of the finest entries in the series, also makes its way onto EU PSN. Alucard, son of Dracula, is out to rid the world of terror and defeat his father!

See the list below for a full rundown of new content available from today.

We’ve one more big announcement to make today. As some of you will have noticed, you can now purchase content through our brand new webstore, accessible via desktop web browsers.

If you want to line up your next purchase and don’t have your PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita or PSP system nearby, just head over to store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com to buy PlayStation Store content via your computer. All you need is a valid Sony Entertainment Network account and enough money in your wallet.

Once you’ve made your purchase, the next time you switch on your PS3, PS Vita or PSP, go to your Download List in PlayStation Store and your content will be there, ready and waiting for you to download.

From now, we’ll be linking directly from our Blog posts straight to the relevant product pages for hassle-free purchasing, once new content goes live.

To find out more, head on over to our FAQ.

PlayStation Network New Content

Content may be added or removed, or move dates – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.

BigSkyInfinity_FeaturedImage_PVWIMG

Price: £7.99/€9.99
PEGI: 12

Demolition Inc.
Price: £7.99/€9.99
PEGI: 7
Availability: All

Mensa Academy (Trial available)
Price: £6.49/€7.99
PEGI: 3
Availability: Not available in Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Turkey or Ukraine

PS3 demos (free)

Surge
Price: £2.59/€3.29

minis

War Of Sonria
Price: £2.49/€2.99
PEGI: 12
Availability: Not available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine

PS3 DLC

Dead Or Alive 5

• Fallen Angels 5 (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Innocent Devils (£2.39/€2.99)
  • DOATEC Divas – White (£2.39/€2.99)

Rock Band 3

Availability: Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Rocksmith

Prices: £2.39/€2.99
Availability: Not available in Turkey

Sound Shapes

Uncharted: Fight For Fortune

• Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Expansion Pack
  • Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Expansion Pack

Prices: £2.39/€2.99

PS Vita DLC

Sound Shapes

Avatars

Skull Flags Avatar Bundle 1

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

363 Comments 40 Author replies
Show oldest first

Hello Jawad, please reply :’(

How are you today?

First I’d like to thank you for flagging my All-Stars Pre Order Bonus issue two weeks ago.. Last week I was finally able to download my costumes. So thank you so much Jawad. Excellent service.

Now there is only one issue remaining here.. Uncharted 2 (digital) copy is still incompatible with the two DLC map packs (Drake’s Fortune Map Pack + Siege Expansion Pack). This issue is frustrating many of us because I myself tried contacting customer support many times and they are still asking me to be patient, it’s already been two months and no update whatsoever is to be found anywhere. I can confirm to you that the issue exists across all PS Store regions (the incompatible Map Packs even get bundled with the purchase!!), the game just wont recognize the DLC. Please please please Jawad make sure you flag this.

Thanx again.

Fred Dutton 12 December, 2012 @ 3:04 pm

Hey there everyone. Alas, Jawad is on his sickbed today. I’ll try and answer questions where I can, but forgive me I fall short.

I’ll make sure this issue gets flagged.

Jawad

There is a problem with the store with the game Top Darts, Its says it is a cross buy game, But when i ‘click choose a version’ and choose the PS3 Download version it Downloads The VITA file,
And i have checked the VITA file to see if thats the PS3 file and its not.

Sorry to have to be off topic here but i got no reply back to a email sent to customer support last week

GametimeUK 12 December, 2012 @ 3:02 pm   3

Hi Jawad

Any news on if CSGO is still coming to the EU store?

Retro City Rampage?

Some news about Playstation Mobile in other countries, like Sweden?
Holding out for an Xperia phone if it’s released in this year.

Why is not Symphony of the Night PSVITA compatible?

Make Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron PSVITA compatible
The others Battlefront’s are.

Fred Dutton 12 December, 2012 @ 3:06 pm

Not long to wait for RCR now, we’re just waiting for the developer to specify his release date.

No PSM news today I’m afraid.

SotN on Vita – that’s probably a question for Konami.

GametimeUK 12 December, 2012 @ 3:03 pm   5

Hi, Jawad

Any news on if CSGO is still coming to the EU store?

Hi Jawad

I can’t find Crysis 1 or the God of War collection volume 2 on the Australian store any more.
I know they were there during the Allstar Battle Royale sale and Crysis was still there last week I was wondering I you know whats happeneing with them or where they have gone.

Thanks

AsmodeanBT 12 December, 2012 @ 3:05 pm   7

Still not buying a damn thing till the SingStar malware is gone.

WE WANT SINGSTAR GONE!

PSOne classics HEAVEN!
I’ll take 16 Symphony of the Night thank you very much.

For you wondering about Vice City, check out my comment on the seperate San Andreas post.

Keep it up with the classics!

Ah, disappointing, was hoping the Harley Quinns revenge dlc would be discounted as I’m not really interested in the others. Still a good busy week though! May pick up Spyro.

Carnivius_Prime 12 December, 2012 @ 3:05 pm   10

Yup, I knew I’d be disappointed with the ‘retro gamers’ bit. An overpriced PS2 game and several PS1 games that I already bought from the US store aaaages ago because I got sick of waiting for them. Nice to see them finally turn up for those that still need them.

I’ll take the Big Sky Infinity freebie and leave it at that.

Dan_Hatake 12 December, 2012 @ 3:06 pm   11

Ill definitely be picking up the spyro trilogy :)

Nahkriina 12 December, 2012 @ 3:06 pm   12

gta 12.99 yet the rockstar guy stated 11.99

When will be avilable free Moretal Kombat for PS+ user on PS Vita?

Nahkriina 12 December, 2012 @ 3:07 pm   14

AND WHY DO PEOPLE IGNORE MY POST ABOUT THE TOP DARTS GAME !!!!!!!!!

AeonsDead 12 December, 2012 @ 3:07 pm   15

I thought the Catwoman DLC was gonna be free for plus?

Chris Howe 29 November, 2012:
Hey all,

As it has just come up in this post here, I think that its the ideal time to tell you that we have been in contact with the publisher and we have managed to secure the Catwoman DLC as part of the deal for this Plus release!!

doomsday619 12 December, 2012 @ 3:07 pm   16

Hey is the GTA priced wrong the Rockstar guy said it was gonna be £11.99? but tht blog post has now been deleted.

colmshan1990 12 December, 2012 @ 3:08 pm   17

What?

How am I supposed to afford all three Spyro games as well as Castlevania?!!!

Great update, think it’ll be the first Spyro for now, should be fantastic on the Vita.

A_Nonny_Moose 12 December, 2012 @ 3:08 pm   18

Is there any reason why the Round 5 bundle for DOA5 is still missing? It was suppoosed to be released along with the 3 packs two weeks ago according to the official site.

Nice dynamic themes for Plus. There should definitely be offers for supplementary content like themes and avatars more often.

Carnivius_Prime 12 December, 2012 @ 3:08 pm   19

And I’m not sure how much of a Heads Up this is since the content is already the store earlier than usual :P

Silent_Gig 12 December, 2012 @ 3:08 pm   20

No Black Knight Sword? Any idea when we will get this?

deadsleepx 12 December, 2012 @ 3:08 pm   21

why has the price of San Andreas gone up a £1 it was announced yesterday as 11.99 and its now 12.99

Mattrapid441 12 December, 2012 @ 3:08 pm   22

Will the Spyro games work on the Vita?

Bacon_Crispies 12 December, 2012 @ 3:09 pm   23

What about Mortal Kombat for Vita, that is suppose to be part of the PS+ today correct?

GraFGrizzli 12 December, 2012 @ 3:09 pm   24

What? Where’s Black Knight Sword? USA got it yesterday. Please add it!!!

Nahkriina 12 December, 2012 @ 3:09 pm   25

Sony Customer Service ignore my problem and even the online guys cant be arsed to reply to the problem

Great Work

hansuramu 12 December, 2012 @ 3:09 pm   26

Hooray, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is finally on Europe PSN store after uh…over 5 years waiting?

ian111199 12 December, 2012 @ 3:10 pm   27

Woohoo Spyro Finally on the Store. Shame i only have £4 on my PS account. I have to choose :l hardest choice of my life

I think i go with Spyro 2 as it was my first ever game. XD Cant wait. What time is the store update.

Please expand PSM to more countries. I would love to play Surge and support the devs, but can’t since PSM is not available in Norway. You are seriously hindering the sale of PSM games by only making it available in a few countries.

Blog team assemble!!!!!

The update was on the store hours ago so that was good to see.

Picked up my plus content nice and early, any news on marvel avatars the guy from marvel who was on the blog a few weeks ago said he would look into it any news on that front?

Anyway stay classy

smallgaffer 12 December, 2012 @ 3:10 pm   30

Thanks for Spyro!

Would also like to report a glitch on it though, or maybe it’s done on purpose

Buying the Spyro trilogy gives you 26 copies of Spyro 1, 2 and 3

Nahkriina 12 December, 2012 @ 3:10 pm   31

Thanks Fred Appreciate it

swatchthis 12 December, 2012 @ 3:11 pm   32

So is GTA San Andreas £11.99 or £12.99? Make your mind people!

And get well soon jawad shame you were not here to bask in the spyro release glory

Isn’t mortal kombat free today on PS+ or is it next week?

loving the new web store tho! much more handy since i’m at college when the store updates if only you could set it to auto download for you, hint hint! (playstation Plus exclusive feature maybe? :P)

Dante_Zero 12 December, 2012 @ 3:13 pm   35

do you have to keep funds on the web-store. For example can i purchase something for £3.99 using my debit card but not have to put a minimum of £5 on my PSN account.

“Dead Or Alive 5
Fallen Angles 5 (£2.39/€2.99)” – shouldn’t that be Angels? Sounds odd as Angles…

Also, like above, the catwoman dlc did come with the arkham city for plus, yes?

And when are vita users going to get the Plus game – mortal kombat? Also, why do Australia get a better plus game – batman lego? :(

Fred Dutton 12 December, 2012 @ 3:15 pm

:) you could well be right. I’m calling the Typo Police.

MK is next week.

I believe the Catwoman DLC did come with the Plus release, yes – this is for the Plus members who already had the game but wanted to pick up the DLC.

samuraidino 12 December, 2012 @ 3:14 pm   37

Just a quick question. Would anyone be able to put in a word with Konami to see if they can get a digital release of the Metal Gear Ac!d games going?

Its a shame theyr not there,as the Uncharted card game has really got me in the mood to replay these on my Vita.

Vannaa_Girl 12 December, 2012 @ 3:14 pm   38

You are a brave Senor, standing in for Jawad and doing the comments Fred :P

very nice update, i know everyone wanted Spyro and Castlevania really badly so surely this is a happy update week :)

We received the games and now some themes for Plus, but where are December’s avatars? Usually they came right in the first week of the month, but since Ross departed we can only guess if and when new ones might follow. Please switch back to the old mode.

Fred Dutton 12 December, 2012 @ 3:17 pm

Mr G, I will flag this with Chris. He’ll have a new Plus update post going up next week, so may be able to address this then.

supersmith2500 12 December, 2012 @ 3:14 pm   40

Now that Um Jammer Lammy is here Fred, any chance will Parappa the Rapper coming soon? (PSP or even better PS1). Anyways great job with the PSone Classics. =D

SoundableObject 12 December, 2012 @ 3:14 pm   41

Thank you so much for finally getting Spyro up.

I was hoping you’d do a trilogy pack but I never expected it to be so cheap. £7.99 is an absolute bargain!

Gah, I go from having too few games to play on the Vita to having Gravity Rush, Super Monkey Ball, Metal Gear Solid 2+3 and Spyro 1-3 all in one week. I can’t keep up! My Vita will overheat from overuse!

Battlestar23 12 December, 2012 @ 3:14 pm   42

Hi is there any news on the PS1 game Legend of Dragoon coming to the store?

A_Nonny_Moose 12 December, 2012 @ 3:14 pm   43

Mortal Kombat on Plus was announced for the 19th. There’s Big Sky Infinity for Vita Plus today.

GraFGrizzli 12 December, 2012 @ 3:15 pm   44

WHERE’S BLACK KNIGHT SWORD?!

Panos_GRE 12 December, 2012 @ 3:15 pm   45

Come on guys, what’s the deal with this phantom DLC for WRC 3 on the PS Vita? It’s all over the internet but not in the PS Store.

For God’s sake if you google it, it’s there. How come nobody in the blog knows anything about it?
Where is it available? Please!

Rob_Velocity 12 December, 2012 @ 3:16 pm   46

Why is Uncharted: Fight for Fortune twice the price it is in the US?

Fred Dutton 12 December, 2012 @ 3:23 pm

That price includes all the DLC. You can pick up the basic game at the lower price.

ShadowGandalf 12 December, 2012 @ 3:16 pm   47

GTA SA is listed up there as 12.99 but the earlier blog post said 11.99. I assume thats a typo?
I’m tempted to get it. My PS2 version keeps messing up. SA is my fave with VC close behind. Could GTAV top it?

Demolition Inc also has my curiosity, we’ll see.

Silent_Gig 12 December, 2012 @ 3:17 pm   48

Any idea when Ragnarok Oddysse and Dokoro comes to the store?

Eurogamer listed we would be getting some

Hi,

Little big planet karting demo is still not available in South Africa since last week.

Can this please be fixed before the Christmas special happens?
Would like to try before i buy.

samuraidino 12 December, 2012 @ 3:18 pm   50

@rob_Velocity I believe this is the COMPLETE edition,which includes DLC….. the standard edition is around the same price as the US’s standard edition.

Load all