Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 12:15am

12 Deals Of Christmas

12 deals of Christmas

Deal 7: NBA 2K13 – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £19.99/€29.99 (up to 60% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 14th December.

Deal 6: Medal of Honor: Warfighter – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£26.99/€35.99). Offer expires 11.59pm on 12th December.

Deal 5: Sleeping Dogs – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £15.99/€19.99 (67% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£14.39/€17.99). Offer expires 11.59pm on 10th December.

Deal 4: One Piece: Pirate Warriors – Was £39.99/€49.99, now £19.99/€24.99 (50% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 8th December.

Deal 3: Tokyo Jungle – Was £9.99/€12.99, now £5.19/€6.49 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£4.67/€5.84). Offer expires 11.59pm on 6th December.

Deal 2: Battlefield 3 – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99. Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members. Offer expires 11.59pm on 4th December.

Deal 1: 90-day PS Plus subscription – Was £11.99/€14.99, now £7.99/€9.99 (save up to 33%). Offer expires 7.00am on 9th December.

Hi everyone! With Christmas just around the corner, ’tis the season to be jolly! Now you have 12 extra special reasons to celebrate as the 12 Deals of Christmas makes its return to PlayStation Store.

Starting on 1st December 2012, PlayStation Store will feature 12 incredible deals for you to unwrap. You will only be able to redeem each deal from PlayStation Store for a period of 48 hours and then they vanish, quicker than a Christmas pudding!

Just like the presents under your tree, we are going to keep these deals under wraps until it’s time for them to be opened. So make sure you keep checking PlayStation Store to find out what the latest amazing deal is. We’ll also update this Blog post every time a deal is added.

Don’t miss out on some great one-time offers – take a sledge ride over to PlayStation Store and treat yourself to a few extra presents this festive season. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

60 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

Just thought it was worth mentioning that none of the discounts from the Festive Sale (Not 12 Deals of Christmas) are active on the store.

Was hoping to get Under Defeat HD Deluxe at its massively reduced price.

Fred Dutton 13 December, 2012 @ 9:11 am

Many apologies – we’ve just added an update to the Blog post explaining the situation: http://bit.ly/S9Efgs

Many of the deals are live – but some will now start from 19th December, along with some extra offers.

And once again the Uk gets a bigger % off. You definitely know how alienate the rest of us.

Nightmare966 13 December, 2012 @ 8:50 am   3

@1: I’ve just entered the Store via Web, the discounts seem applied. If a game doesn’t appear in the section, search for it, I bought Prototype 2 yesterday at the discounted price.

I see this is posted on december 13th, and 6/7 deals are already expired?

DiscworldDeath 13 December, 2012 @ 9:14 am   5

Fred, any news on the PS Vita front?

PanaSlayer 13 December, 2012 @ 9:17 am   6

So, Journey will the 12th Day of Christmas offer? :-)

Hey christ!

Sorry for this but I am going wit ha bit off topic questions, that some guys ( including me ) asked yesterday but got no answer.

A week ago we bought Uncharted Fight for forutune, yesterday two DLCs appeared at the shop and a bundle the two of them plus the main game. Is there any chance to see the two DLCs as a bundle? It seems unfair to have to pay moer just becuase we got it first day, only a week ago.

Thanks in advance :)

Is there any way of retrospectively purchasing any of the deals? There are 3 or 4 that I want, hut was not here while they were available. Maybe at the end make all of them available for another 24 hours?

SellKidz4Chips 13 December, 2012 @ 11:27 am   9

Hey Chris!

I was just wondering when the real deals are going live?
Since you can still get all the retail games for less in stores that doesnt even have a sale.

For example Medal of Honor: Warfighter – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99.

Since the limited edition cost like 30-35€ in stores.
The stores prices are a joke, almost everything is OVERpriced.
A deal would for that game would have been something like ‘was €39.99, now €19.99′

SellKidz4Chips 13 December, 2012 @ 11:29 am   10

*The PSN store is a joke that is.

Eisdealer- 13 December, 2012 @ 11:46 am   11

i really hope LBP Karting will be 14,99€ and Far Cry 3 24,99€ xD

R3dC3llTran3 13 December, 2012 @ 11:57 am   12

people say moh costs 20 30 on stores well here it costs 70 in any store, stop complaining if you dont like a deal just ignore it if you can buy them for less money than from ps store just buy them and shut up

thank you for placing some srpgs in the sale

actually it would be nice if some of the psn rpg release titles like Legasista, Realms of Ancient War or Dungeons and Dragons Daggerdale were included in the sale.

you could also look at reducing some games like Dark Mist which are still selling at over £6 (it’s a 5 year old game and lacks trophy support

I would also like to see the Saints Row the Third dlc in a sale (some of us both the game at release and all deals so far have been for the ultimate bundle)

SellKidz4Chips 13 December, 2012 @ 12:29 pm   14

@ R3dC3llTran3

You know there is something called internet dont you?
Buy the games online if you dont have a local store that has good prices.
MoH limited edition costs £19.99 at game.co.uk for example, and the shipping is like 2-3£. So thats HELL of a alot cheaper then PSN “sales”.

GuerillaBRO 13 December, 2012 @ 12:29 pm   15

Sony should boost their PS Store with daily or weekly deals like steam. Or lower the prices for the newest releases, cheaper than retailers..so simple, yet so far away.

SellKidz4Chips 13 December, 2012 @ 12:33 pm   16

@ GuerillaBRO

Word! Lower the prices is the main thing though.

@GuerillaBRO

Exactly! knocking off some money on a brand new release would easily make me buy more digital titles.

MASPALOMAZ 13 December, 2012 @ 1:06 pm   18

I dont use steam since I am not a pc-gamer but everywhere you read and hear great stuff about Steam. Cant say the same for the PS Store. Even tho I think the plus offer is pretty nice. But also PLUS is strange I mean here in spain one year of plus is now around 30 EUR at mayor retailers like carrefour and media markt. Yet in the ps store its still at 50 EUR? Somebody at Sony care to explain this ?

Why is the physical product cheaper than in the ps store where sony gets all the money? I mean if I buy it at Media Markt or Carrefour, then Sony probably just gets 25€ cos the retailer wants to earn some money too. While in PS Store all 50€ is for sony.

I appreciate the current PSN deals tho. There were some nice ones in recent months like the dead island GOTY sale. I think Sony is on a good way just dont stop now but always get better :)

Panos_GRE 13 December, 2012 @ 1:11 pm   19

Bring the WRC 3 free DLC tracks for the PS VITA to the greek store.
After having asked about this 3 times to be let know that you guys in the blog have no idea of the existence of this DLC in the store, I found it in the UK store. But due to SONY’s limitations I can’t transfer it to my Vita.
I paid for this game just like any other consumer from the UK and I am entitled to the DLC as well.
What sort of discrimination is this? Paying customers from the UK are more important than paying customers from smaller countries because their market is insignificant to SONY?
Is this how you treat your customers?

VitalogyPJ 13 December, 2012 @ 2:04 pm   20

@R3dC3llTran3

You’re hilarious! If you’re under 18 and/or don’t have permition to buy online then explain your parents the beneficts of it as I’m sure they will agree to order online, because no one force you to buy games in Portugal as there simply a robbery.

Stop using lame excuses to excuse sony for there awful deals.

wolfsinner 13 December, 2012 @ 2:19 pm   21

You guys really don’t deserve the effort. I agree that prices on PSN are pretty high even a few years after release. But those are the prices and you have to live with it.
These discounts are pretty huge considering the actual deduction.

And I have to add that, while it is true that you’ll find a cheaper price on other stores for some of the deals, this deal is pretty good.
You CANNOT find NBA 2K13 new for £19.99 anywhere on the internet. So why are you even complaining?

What a bunch of ungrateful people.

Unicronic 13 December, 2012 @ 2:29 pm   22

@ Panos_GRE

I feel for you. In 2012 there is no excuse for this kind of digital store inequality. When the Steam console launches next year, it may ruffle some feathers.

Vannaa_Girl 13 December, 2012 @ 2:42 pm   23

@ wolfsinner

Yes i checked this deal early this morning and was unable to see anywhere close. most places are selling well into the £30 prices

Is a shame that the blog is becoming a place to just have a go and abuse the Sony staff and they are all very nice and often fun people just doing their job.

There really are lots of other places to buy games and be entertained, digital is just one way and has good points and bad.

Be happy gamers, gaming is just entertainment remember :)

@Unicronic

is the Valve console coming out next year? wow just wow. Valve is a company of gamers that make games for gamers (they proved with Steam just how things should be done). I think when the console does launch it will wipe the floor with Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo (except for fans of exclusive only to specific console games such as with DS games)

I can’t wait and Valve supports fan mods for games- just look at what fans made for Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3 etc

SellKidz4Chips 13 December, 2012 @ 2:56 pm   25

@wolfsinner

“You have to live with it”
OR
People complain about the sick overprices and maybe they understand that they have to lower their prices since almost EVERY retail game cost less in stores, where you also get disc, box etc.

And also NBA 2K13 is £21.85 at ShopTo.net, thats pretty close.

I feel that Sony should show us the fans that they really care about us and come up with deals that NO other store can compare to.

Yes, Steambox will be out next year. And that’s probably one year ahead of Orbis/Thebes.

Gamasutra just posted a little comment related to Steam in the console space: http://bit.ly/TcOttb

@ Golwar

No they’ll be all launched at the same time then. PS Orbis and Xbox 8 are announced at or just before E3 2013, with a launch window between September and November 2013.

are1981norway 13 December, 2012 @ 3:30 pm   28

“Deal 7: NBA 2K13 – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £19.99/€29.99″

Why is the deal worse in EUR than in GBP? The price should have been EUR 23.99.

@TheMART
When the name “Thebes” was revealed it also said that the release window is 2014 and NOT 2013, as had been assumed so far.

@are1981norway
Because by nature’s or god’s demand there is a fixed order how to treat customers. US > UK > EU > GER.

Player42791 13 December, 2012 @ 4:06 pm   30

Aren’t steam just as bad as far as the whole $ = € thing goes?

Sure, that’s true Player. But their prices and general amount of offers still blast away any competition. I didn’t get 335 games on my Steam by accident. Well not all of them. :P

wolfsinner 13 December, 2012 @ 4:25 pm   32

@SellKidz4Chips
Actually, I’m guessing your voice will make no difference. Sony probably has little control over the prices that are practiced in the store. They still have to make some profit, and publishers probably establish a price.

Also, the price listed at ShopTo.net is still above this price. And it might also be a Christmas deal.

What I mean is, Sony is trying to give to the community with these deals, and all they get is complaints. For 50/60% discounts you’d expect a better reception.

superpatchy66 13 December, 2012 @ 4:35 pm   33

Hi, are any of these deal going to be for the vita?

The euro price is terrible, it should be €25 not €30

Since you apperently do not read our comments in the update-post.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is missing from the SWEDISH store.

Many people have made comments and twitters about this and still no response, what are you doing!?

@wolfsinner
“What a bunch of ungrateful people”
no one wants to be robbed? do you?
Sony must lower the prices on digital media,look at Appstore and steam, i have bought many games and apps on appstore for ridiculus prices for my ipad and iphone.Sony must wake up and lower the prices for the customers..

@wolfsinner: No one here is abusing Sony staff. What you have is a bunch of passionate albeit disappointed fans / customers, hoping Sony will pay attention and improve the service they offer.

I don’t expect fantasticly low prices, nor do I expect to be treated like an idiot – which you might be forgiven for thinking, just looking at general pricing Sony and it’s publishers have agreed. I understand the argument about not wanting to undercut highstreet retailers but I don’t buy it: these are the same retailers that have been consistently giving the publishers the middle finger through their aggressive sales of used games. I don’t feel the least bit of sympathy for Sony and the publishers on this issue because instead of treating customers with respect we are treated ridiculously delayed digital releases and crazy high prices.

It’s not all bad with Sony, PS Plus is pretty awesome but it’s like one step forward two steps back. Is there ever a single week where they don’t botch something, be that prices, discounts or missing titles in given regions? Frankly if Sony can’t run localised PSN stores properly after 6 years then IMHO they should just throw the towel in and consolidate with their US operation.

wolfsinner 13 December, 2012 @ 6:46 pm   38

@jaffe07
Steam is also a ripoff at normal prices for the most part.

Anyway, you’re not getting robbed when you have an option. No one’s stopping you from getting these “superior deals”, or forcing you to get the games through PSN. It’s a terrible analogy.

You can’t compare the Appstore with the PSN (or iOS devices with the PS3/Vita, respectively), the production values and costs associated are completely different.
I’m not saying that the prices are where they should be, but Sony probably can’t do much on that end because of publishers.
I’m sure Sony would like to sell these products at lower prices, because they too would benefit greatly from that.

And this Christmas deal in particular is quite good, so I don’t understand where the whining is coming from.

On a completely different note, one thing that I’ve been noticing this generation (partly because of portable devices) is that people think it is outrageous to pay anything above $30 for a game (some state that at prices as low as $15). People are clueless to the production costs involved in a major game production, and find it hard to understand that games are a business that expects to see profit.

Project2insanity 13 December, 2012 @ 7:15 pm   39

@wolfsinner & Vannaa_Girl; I’m always glad to see others understand the concept of choice.

Panos_GRE 13 December, 2012 @ 7:41 pm   40

Keep hiding, decision makers at SCEE (notice how I don’t blame people who are not responsible).
Keep hiding until the trouble maker goes away.
Or better yet respond to me with the generic ” we have no information” answer.
Because apparently, who cares if some bloke in some country doesn’t get something that others can have because their country has the privilege to bring more revenue to sony?
That’s the way to build customer trust.

@wolfsinner, Vanna_Girl, Project2insanity:

Most people exercise the only choice they have when it comes to the PSN store: buy or don’t.

I guess Sony is lucky they have customers who care enough to spell it out for them – when the sales figures come in they have feedback they can reconcile, and while you may not care for it, their opinions are every bit as valid as yours.

Tomosh135 13 December, 2012 @ 7:54 pm   42

On topic: Is this game worth buying? Pretty temping to buy a game that’s 1, 2 months old for half price..

@wolfsinner
Why pay more? when i can pay less for a retail copy?

wolfsinner 13 December, 2012 @ 9:04 pm   44

@runtime
Most people that are complaining are comparing PSN prices with those of other stores. Clearly they have more choices to exercise.

And I’m not saying my opinion is more valid than those of other people. I simply consider their behavior to be erratic.

I also think that Sony is quite aware of this price factor, but probably can do very little about it. Because, contrary to apparent popular belief, Sony would benefit (under the right circumstances) from lower prices.
There’s clearly an effort being put into these sales and some aren’t thankful in the least. Worse, they think themselves in the right to complain. About price reductions.
If they can get a better deal somewhere else, then why not get it there then?
They talk like it’s their right to have lower prices, like it’s Sony’s obligation to bring them games at £10.
Give me a break.

@jaffe07
Then don’t pay more, I really don’t understand what’s so complicated.
Just buy it somewhere else.

—-
Again, deal 7 deal is actually worth it! It’s a huge discount, and a price you can’t find anywhere else.. Yet people still complain.

Project2insanity 13 December, 2012 @ 10:02 pm   45

@runtime; No issue with complaining but I do have issue with complaining just for the sake of it. Take post 25 in here as a prime example. Seriously, do all games need to be given away to satisfy some people?

Fortunately, this deal hasn’t drawn much negativity. MoH, on the other hand, had people complaining about the discount who stated they weren’t interested whatsoever in the game regardless of price. Yeah, you could argue they are still entitled to an opinion but that’s a two-way street. Those same people defending their right to an opinion brand those who are content buying at a higher price as fools. Some (thankfully few) are evidently comfortable in hypocrisy.

wolfsinner 13 December, 2012 @ 10:15 pm   46

@Project2insanity
Well said. :D

@wolf & project – thanks for taking the time to reply – I don’t disagree with what you’ve said; I think some folk have legitimate complaints, some don’t, and some simply can’t express themselves very well – let’s face it, it’s a pretty international audience and each localisation of the store has it’s own peculiarities; of course, calling other customers fools is pretty indefensible imho.

another_gamer195 13 December, 2012 @ 11:04 pm   48

better than watching the tv sometimes, But as allways untill scee redeem their past mistakes, and perform like a business associated with Sony should, like Every day, then the naysayers are allways going to win out, no mattter how intelligent or sensibly some ppl may post their objections, or disagreement. still i allways enjoy the chase.

Propinquity 13 December, 2012 @ 11:32 pm   49

The deals have been pretty bad… but then if you look at the normal prices.

Assassins Creed 3 gold edition – £84.99 (digital from the PS store)

just makes me laugh so hard. It’s almost worth promoting to trading standards in the UK.

Propinquity 13 December, 2012 @ 11:38 pm   50

I’ll put the Assassins Creed 3 example into perspective.

If you go to the ACTUAL publishers GB store you can buy the game (now £14.99), the art book (around $19 (£12) from amazon), the novel for assassins creed 3 (£5.49) and the figurine (27.99) [out of stock].

For half that price.

sorry still laughing sony… like i’d pay that… jeez

SONY I Will Pay You To Be Able To Remove The Singstar Icon !

OR Get the OPTION to download it Like The Americans Can ….. !

Re: 50 @ Propinquity, well said! that’s just unbelievable! sigh..

I’m hoping there is a one year PS Plus deal. That would be ace.

HI Please let me delete your singstar application fromn my ps3, i dont want it there and its degrading my ps3 product satisfaction, please give us a option like in US, its been there more than a months and i cant stand it like i did on day1 , STOP FORCING IT TO ME PLEASE I WAS HAPPY WITH MY PS3 UNTIL THE ICON APPEARED ON TOP OF MY GAMES I SPENT MONEY FOR , have to write in caps cause noone is addressing my concern, i will post my feedback here until you starting treating us European sont ps3 customer fair and non like a second class compared to US who are not forced to have this singstar icon on top of their games which is even overriding teh dynamic ps3 theme we paid for. thanks.

AND YES I WOULD PAY TOO TO GET RID OF THAT ***selfcensored*** SINGSTAR ICON FROM MY CONSOLES , PLEASE LET ME DELETE IT , BEFORE YOU GIVE ME A BAN PLEASE NOTE THAT IM A LOYAL SONY CUSTOMER AND BOUGHT A PSVITA and a 4TH PLAYSTATION 3 THIS MONTH , before a PSP , 3 PS3 , 2 SONY BRAVIA 3D TVs , I WAS HAPPY UNTIL YOU FORCED THAT SINGSTAR ICON ON MY CONSOLES SO PLEASE LET ME REMOVE IT SO I CAN BE HAPPY AGAIN

@GANTZnoob
It won’t happen for a loooong time. SCEE are just ignoring the issue over the Christmas period, and in the new year I think it’s a pretty safe bet they’ll continue to ignore the problem even further.

Don’t forget, SCEE have the worst customer service and consumer relationship record in the entire industry. It’s been this way for over ten years now, so I doubt any reforms are ever going to happen.

Splitting the territories into self governing subsidiaries was the worst business decision Sony have ever made.

its not even like i demand a solution ASAP , just some sort of empathy and acknowledgment , if they say “You have to wait 3 months and then it can be deleted” , well i would wait and look forward to the day it will be gone , but ignoring us after doing that to us is the worst part

im thinking about escalating this to the SONY HQ in Japan , unfortunately i have a language barrier and need to figure out how to do that , im not trusting google translator very much but if i wont find a Japanese speking person i’ll give it a shot , hope the people at SONY JP HQ will understand the needs or a gamer/customer more

windsorblue01 14 December, 2012 @ 12:17 pm   57

@Chris Howe any chance we can have some avatars for PS Plus accounts please

RustySanderke 14 December, 2012 @ 12:35 pm   58

I’m okay with the Singstar icon being somewhere on my PS3, but at least give us the option to not boot directly to it as with “What’s new?”. It’s a bit of a bummer to be greeted by a fullscreen Singstar ad every time.

Turbine_inc 14 December, 2012 @ 7:13 pm   59

I am not getting a next gen console, I’m sick of Sony trying to rip me off with deals that aren’t deals and charging money for things that used to be free before PS+ appeared with promises of exclusive doc and betas and other total garbage

the new store is horrific and since I had my ps3 at launch the store has got consistently worse, sales have albeit vanished when they used to be weekly and Sony just does not care for its customers

I contacted several publishers asking about psn pricing, they ALL told me Sony provides pricing guidelines to them which they must adhere to and keep online with similar games, so when Sony say the publisher sets the price….. they are lying

I don’t intend to stick around for more lies, false promises and reduced services in the next gen, rather a pocket full of cash

BEASTEDOT9 22 December, 2012 @ 4:37 pm   60

Look I understand why digital sales should be cheaper but peoples constant whining doesn’t appear to be solving anything. The fact is for fairly new releases the PSN store is not the best place to buy them and it is not Sony’s fault if you don’t want to wait for ebay or want to drive to your nearest store because you want to play it immediately.