Posted 12:15am

12 Deals Of Christmas

12 deals of Christmas

Deal 8: Need For Speed Most Wanted – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £23.99/€29.99 (up to 60% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 16th December.

Deal 7: NBA 2K13 – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £19.99/€29.99 (up to 60% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 14th December.

Deal 6: Medal of Honor: Warfighter – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£26.99/€35.99). Offer expires 11.59pm on 12th December.

Deal 5: Sleeping Dogs – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £15.99/€19.99 (67% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£14.39/€17.99). Offer expires 11.59pm on 10th December.

Deal 4: One Piece: Pirate Warriors – Was £39.99/€49.99, now £19.99/€24.99 (50% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 8th December.

Deal 3: Tokyo Jungle – Was £9.99/€12.99, now £5.19/€6.49 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£4.67/€5.84). Offer expires 11.59pm on 6th December.

Deal 2: Battlefield 3 – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99. Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members. Offer expires 11.59pm on 4th December.

Deal 1: 90-day PS Plus subscription – Was £11.99/€14.99, now £7.99/€9.99 (save up to 33%). Offer expires 7.00am on 9th December.

Hi everyone! With Christmas just around the corner, ’tis the season to be jolly! Now you have 12 extra special reasons to celebrate as the 12 Deals of Christmas makes its return to PlayStation Store.

Starting on 1st December 2012, PlayStation Store will feature 12 incredible deals for you to unwrap. You will only be able to redeem each deal from PlayStation Store for a period of 48 hours and then they vanish, quicker than a Christmas pudding!

Just like the presents under your tree, we are going to keep these deals under wraps until it’s time for them to be opened. So make sure you keep checking PlayStation Store to find out what the latest amazing deal is. We’ll also update this Blog post every time a deal is added.

Don’t miss out on some great one-time offers – take a sledge ride over to PlayStation Store and treat yourself to a few extra presents this festive season. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

97 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

That’s reasonable, I guess.

Sir_Sorrows 15 December, 2012 @ 12:21 am   2

I’ll pass, thanks.

Brilliant deal, 10% extra off for psn+ btw.

Haha! So struggling for the next deal right now. It’s was a pointless promotion that was dreamed up by some out of date Manager. Next time, secure the deals Before you put the idea live. Every deal is funnier than the last. Haha!!

Would really like to buy another deal but only Tokyo Jungle has had my money. Oh well 4 left to go and I’m pretty sure I won’t be buying anything else :(

b1ohazardzon3 15 December, 2012 @ 12:35 am   6

Does this price include online pass or not?!!!

Carnivius_Prime 15 December, 2012 @ 12:39 am   7

Finally a deal on a game I actually want… but I’m broke after buying everyone else presents… :(

Really good deal though on one of the few actually great games of this otherwise cruddy year.

to bad i payed for something i would have gotten free on ps+ (spyro) else i would have bought this

LiquidSolid 15 December, 2012 @ 12:45 am   9

Why not put both PS3 and Vita versions on sale?

@LiquidSolid Because that would make too much sense

The Plus price is actually very reasonable. Might have been tempted under normal circumstances.

But with all those recent issues and especially that PSP-LEGO Batman “replacement” for Germany and Australia, I don’t really feel like I should reward SCEE with my money.
Hey, someone has to release all that anger and frustration somehow. I’m human after all. ;)

Stonesthrow 15 December, 2012 @ 1:00 am   12

Ok deal but I’ll wait for the retail price to drop on this one, want it on disc..

k1ll1ng5pr33-NL 15 December, 2012 @ 1:03 am   13

WHY, are you guys complaining? Look at that deal. Sure, you can wait longer and get a better price online/retail store, but that happens with every game. If you really want to play it now, it’s a great deal!

What are you talking about k1ll1ng5pr33-NL?
Only funkpower acted kind of stupid. So what, ignore him.

@Golwar They gave you PSP-LEGO Batman as a replacement. That stinks. It should be at least be a game that is made for Vita to show of the system and not a PSP game that happens to work on it.
The Plus team should know by now there are countries that have different rules.
That said, I don’t understand that you are not allowed to play any game you want when you are an adult (you need to be to get plus).

sicktrash 15 December, 2012 @ 2:00 am   16

£25 on a disc that can be resold.

would have to be £15 on psn before im even tempted

Scubafinch 15 December, 2012 @ 2:21 am   17

Not a bad deal. The only issue I have is that Australians still do not get a fair deal on the exchange rate.

£23.99 should be AU $36.70… and that’s before the Plus discount. Best price for us is $46 with Plus discount. $46 is a great price, just not as good as the UK deal… so I’ll refrain until digital pricing becomes uniform. It’s not like a disc had to be shipped halfway around the world!

Scubafinch 15 December, 2012 @ 2:24 am   18

@Golwar @OttoT. Well, the R18 issue is resolved here in Australia, just comes into play on 1st Jan 2013. I doubt any of the publishers will re-submit older RC content.

Are you serious about PSP Batman as a replacement for Mortal Kombat? When did they announce that? If so that’s a real kick in the teeth for Vita owners here and in Germany.

Tsubaki_14 15 December, 2012 @ 2:35 am   19

Journey and/or okami anyone? ;3;

@Scubafinch That’s at least a good development for the future.

Prem-aka-Prince 15 December, 2012 @ 3:34 am   21

Not a bad deal but I bought it at release on disk. I quite enjoy it but it will take me many more hours to go from most wanted to fully completed it. Be careful comparing it to previous games that seem similar, it’s quite different in some ways.

GUDGER666 15 December, 2012 @ 4:01 am   22

Still way to much for a game i can’t sell when I’ve finished with it,

Plus discount doesn’t make much sense when you have to PAY for a discount.. it’s just a clever way to take money from fools.

The 12 disappointments of Christmas continues..

MercBusta 15 December, 2012 @ 5:11 am   24

Most Wanted ey, THAT’s interesting. Is that also Cross Buy?

GungamStyle 15 December, 2012 @ 6:25 am   25

Hey just got this! I think its a good deal, game costs 40 euros at best on retail.. It does include an online pass and sorry people! Vita version is not for sale.

Looking for friends to fill up my Autolog: PSN ID: GungamStyle

I guess people will complain about anything. This is a new release at a discounted price. Plus it’s a good game.

THE_FORCE 15 December, 2012 @ 6:42 am   27

Good price, though something tells me this will be available in 2013 for free for PS+ subs. ;)

CrazyOnyx 15 December, 2012 @ 7:40 am   28

Sony, can not understand you, why the hell portative version is more expensive than big console one on 60%?????

Jamesyp00 15 December, 2012 @ 8:07 am   29

When do we get the unfinished swan sale?

gtstcactus 15 December, 2012 @ 8:07 am   30

The 12 deals of Christmas section of the Playstation Store is not displaying anything. (this has happened a couple of times since the promo started. I’m keen to get need for speed but I can’t as it won’t display the deal, nor is it displaying the expired deals or the unwrapped ones to come. I am in New Zealand and have a New Zealand account.

DoYouLikeMyID 15 December, 2012 @ 8:50 am   31

@gtstcactus

I have the same problem, but if you go to:

games >> deals & offers >> festive sale

You will see Need For Speed at the discounted price. Hope that helps ;)

good deal for how new the game is, if i didnt buy sleeping dogs earlier i would probably be buying this now. but the ps3 has such a limited amount of space so i try not to buy digital games. also need for speed games always seem to have a ‘hard to get rid of’ feeling in stores as they always seem to go like 75% lower than an already low price so i think ill wait for that.

so sony, if you want me to buy digital games, MAKE PS4 ABLE TO CONNECT TO AN EXTERNAL HARDRIVE!i know its to late for ps3 and sony likes to disappoint when it comes to what would be a good idea for their console but this would definitely make more money benefiting both sides :(

also none of the 12 deals of christmas are showing up

Nikolay_Evgenyev 15 December, 2012 @ 8:57 am   33

Ru PS Store NFS MW – 989 RUB = €25. Very good deal.
THANKS!

redalertrules 15 December, 2012 @ 9:01 am   34

@ gtstcactus, im from nz too, i just bought off the site thats now available, and then went on my ps3 and it was on my download list.

kasparek1 15 December, 2012 @ 9:07 am   35

Nice

one of the best games this year …to anyone whos planning on getting it,good luck with needle point race.. one of the hardest races and took me 46 run to ace :) it not impossible it just difficult

RoninDennis 15 December, 2012 @ 9:27 am   37

Speaking of deals, you know the PS Vita got a price cut of 50 euro’s in The Netherlands? The only announcement I’ve seen were a couple of posters in Dutch train stations. This should get some exposure onf the site as well, no?

VitalogyPJ 15 December, 2012 @ 9:31 am   38

Already have the retail copy for the Vita and the platinum, might get this for the ps3 but also retail and obviously cheaper.

nice price,just bought it..

slaven_1986 15 December, 2012 @ 10:44 am   40

here in croatia the price with ps plus is 193kn(26€), in retail there is one shop that sells it for 45€ the other ones are above 50€ so for me it is a fantastic deal, ok i know you british guys have pretty nice amazon deals but for the rest of the world this deal is great and so are the other ones(besides battlefield 3 and moh, they were pretty lame)…in my opinion sony is doing a great job in the last years!

burp! fart! eyup!

MASPALOMAZ 15 December, 2012 @ 11:47 am   42

i agree its a good offer for an almost new game, thanks sony blog team. how big is the plus discount tho? i dont have plus currently, is it 10% so 3€ ?

and anyone who bought it already, how do you get the online pass?

The problem Sony have is that the standard prices for games in the Playstation Store are way above what we can get them for in the shops. £50 for AC3?!! I got it for £32 with a bunch of extra DLC included.

It will take mammoth discounts to be tempted by any of these “Christmas deals”, as we can get them cheaper elsewhere.

dimikiller 15 December, 2012 @ 12:36 pm   44

@bigburt82 and other brits
where are you getting those deals??
for every non brit this is a great deal and cant be found cheaper anywhere else…

One_Shot_KiIIer 15 December, 2012 @ 12:54 pm   45

good deal, I think you guys realize that the shops sell the games going up for offer at a lower price then you’ve been putting them up for? and thats why NFS:MW is at that price?

Good deal with the plus discount,have the vita version so not sure if i should get it or not. Might wait for seasonal sale to have more games added,would rather buy psn games on sale.

@dimikiller
Zavvi, Amazon, shopto.net, 365games, game.co.uk, gamestation, play.com,

You can easily use them to import your games. Some require high delivery costs outside of the UK, others don’t. Zavvi is my favorite among them. Delivery can last some time though.

Turbine_inc 15 December, 2012 @ 2:45 pm   48

is it coincidence that most of the content in the Xmas sale is dlc for games in these so called `12 deals ` or does Sony think its customers are total mindless idiots who just buy something when Sony says its a good deal

I wish I never bought a £25 psn voucher because I can see it being very difficult to spend, like the last one

I actually feel like Sony is insulting my intelligence with these offers

J_A_S_O_N_123 15 December, 2012 @ 3:38 pm   49

Do the same for the PS vita version and you have a deal!

If they didn’t put the dlc on sale then people would complain about that. I’ve seen numerous comments with people applauding sony for putting the dlc on sale.

Load all