Posted 12:15am

12 Deals Of Christmas

12 deals of Christmas

Deal 8: Need For Speed Most Wanted – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £23.99/€29.99 (up to 60% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 16th December.

Deal 7: NBA 2K13 – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £19.99/€29.99 (up to 60% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 14th December.

Deal 6: Medal of Honor: Warfighter – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£26.99/€35.99). Offer expires 11.59pm on 12th December.

Deal 5: Sleeping Dogs – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £15.99/€19.99 (67% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£14.39/€17.99). Offer expires 11.59pm on 10th December.

Deal 4: One Piece: Pirate Warriors – Was £39.99/€49.99, now £19.99/€24.99 (50% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 8th December.

Deal 3: Tokyo Jungle – Was £9.99/€12.99, now £5.19/€6.49 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£4.67/€5.84). Offer expires 11.59pm on 6th December.

Deal 2: Battlefield 3 – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99. Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members. Offer expires 11.59pm on 4th December.

Deal 1: 90-day PS Plus subscription – Was £11.99/€14.99, now £7.99/€9.99 (save up to 33%). Offer expires 7.00am on 9th December.

Hi everyone! With Christmas just around the corner, ’tis the season to be jolly! Now you have 12 extra special reasons to celebrate as the 12 Deals of Christmas makes its return to PlayStation Store.

Starting on 1st December 2012, PlayStation Store will feature 12 incredible deals for you to unwrap. You will only be able to redeem each deal from PlayStation Store for a period of 48 hours and then they vanish, quicker than a Christmas pudding!

Just like the presents under your tree, we are going to keep these deals under wraps until it’s time for them to be opened. So make sure you keep checking PlayStation Store to find out what the latest amazing deal is. We’ll also update this Blog post every time a deal is added.

Don’t miss out on some great one-time offers – take a sledge ride over to PlayStation Store and treat yourself to a few extra presents this festive season. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

97 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

That’s reasonable, I guess.

Sir_Sorrows 15 December, 2012 @ 12:21 am   2

I’ll pass, thanks.

Brilliant deal, 10% extra off for psn+ btw.

Haha! So struggling for the next deal right now. It’s was a pointless promotion that was dreamed up by some out of date Manager. Next time, secure the deals Before you put the idea live. Every deal is funnier than the last. Haha!!

Would really like to buy another deal but only Tokyo Jungle has had my money. Oh well 4 left to go and I’m pretty sure I won’t be buying anything else :(

b1ohazardzon3 15 December, 2012 @ 12:35 am   6

Does this price include online pass or not?!!!

Carnivius_Prime 15 December, 2012 @ 12:39 am   7

Finally a deal on a game I actually want… but I’m broke after buying everyone else presents… :(

Really good deal though on one of the few actually great games of this otherwise cruddy year.

to bad i payed for something i would have gotten free on ps+ (spyro) else i would have bought this

LiquidSolid 15 December, 2012 @ 12:45 am   9

Why not put both PS3 and Vita versions on sale?

@LiquidSolid Because that would make too much sense

The Plus price is actually very reasonable. Might have been tempted under normal circumstances.

But with all those recent issues and especially that PSP-LEGO Batman “replacement” for Germany and Australia, I don’t really feel like I should reward SCEE with my money.
Hey, someone has to release all that anger and frustration somehow. I’m human after all. ;)

Stonesthrow 15 December, 2012 @ 1:00 am   12

Ok deal but I’ll wait for the retail price to drop on this one, want it on disc..

k1ll1ng5pr33-NL 15 December, 2012 @ 1:03 am   13

WHY, are you guys complaining? Look at that deal. Sure, you can wait longer and get a better price online/retail store, but that happens with every game. If you really want to play it now, it’s a great deal!

What are you talking about k1ll1ng5pr33-NL?
Only funkpower acted kind of stupid. So what, ignore him.

@Golwar They gave you PSP-LEGO Batman as a replacement. That stinks. It should be at least be a game that is made for Vita to show of the system and not a PSP game that happens to work on it.
The Plus team should know by now there are countries that have different rules.
That said, I don’t understand that you are not allowed to play any game you want when you are an adult (you need to be to get plus).

sicktrash 15 December, 2012 @ 2:00 am   16

£25 on a disc that can be resold.

would have to be £15 on psn before im even tempted

Scubafinch 15 December, 2012 @ 2:21 am   17

Not a bad deal. The only issue I have is that Australians still do not get a fair deal on the exchange rate.

£23.99 should be AU $36.70… and that’s before the Plus discount. Best price for us is $46 with Plus discount. $46 is a great price, just not as good as the UK deal… so I’ll refrain until digital pricing becomes uniform. It’s not like a disc had to be shipped halfway around the world!

Scubafinch 15 December, 2012 @ 2:24 am   18

@Golwar @OttoT. Well, the R18 issue is resolved here in Australia, just comes into play on 1st Jan 2013. I doubt any of the publishers will re-submit older RC content.

Are you serious about PSP Batman as a replacement for Mortal Kombat? When did they announce that? If so that’s a real kick in the teeth for Vita owners here and in Germany.

Tsubaki_14 15 December, 2012 @ 2:35 am   19

Journey and/or okami anyone? ;3;

@Scubafinch That’s at least a good development for the future.

Prem-aka-Prince 15 December, 2012 @ 3:34 am   21

Not a bad deal but I bought it at release on disk. I quite enjoy it but it will take me many more hours to go from most wanted to fully completed it. Be careful comparing it to previous games that seem similar, it’s quite different in some ways.

GUDGER666 15 December, 2012 @ 4:01 am   22

Still way to much for a game i can’t sell when I’ve finished with it,

Plus discount doesn’t make much sense when you have to PAY for a discount.. it’s just a clever way to take money from fools.

The 12 disappointments of Christmas continues..

MercBusta 15 December, 2012 @ 5:11 am   24

Most Wanted ey, THAT’s interesting. Is that also Cross Buy?

GungamStyle 15 December, 2012 @ 6:25 am   25

Hey just got this! I think its a good deal, game costs 40 euros at best on retail.. It does include an online pass and sorry people! Vita version is not for sale.

Looking for friends to fill up my Autolog: PSN ID: GungamStyle

I guess people will complain about anything. This is a new release at a discounted price. Plus it’s a good game.

THE_FORCE 15 December, 2012 @ 6:42 am   27

Good price, though something tells me this will be available in 2013 for free for PS+ subs. ;)

CrazyOnyx 15 December, 2012 @ 7:40 am   28

Sony, can not understand you, why the hell portative version is more expensive than big console one on 60%?????

Jamesyp00 15 December, 2012 @ 8:07 am   29

When do we get the unfinished swan sale?

gtstcactus 15 December, 2012 @ 8:07 am   30

The 12 deals of Christmas section of the Playstation Store is not displaying anything. (this has happened a couple of times since the promo started. I’m keen to get need for speed but I can’t as it won’t display the deal, nor is it displaying the expired deals or the unwrapped ones to come. I am in New Zealand and have a New Zealand account.

DoYouLikeMyID 15 December, 2012 @ 8:50 am   31

@gtstcactus

I have the same problem, but if you go to:

games >> deals & offers >> festive sale

You will see Need For Speed at the discounted price. Hope that helps ;)

good deal for how new the game is, if i didnt buy sleeping dogs earlier i would probably be buying this now. but the ps3 has such a limited amount of space so i try not to buy digital games. also need for speed games always seem to have a ‘hard to get rid of’ feeling in stores as they always seem to go like 75% lower than an already low price so i think ill wait for that.

so sony, if you want me to buy digital games, MAKE PS4 ABLE TO CONNECT TO AN EXTERNAL HARDRIVE!i know its to late for ps3 and sony likes to disappoint when it comes to what would be a good idea for their console but this would definitely make more money benefiting both sides :(

also none of the 12 deals of christmas are showing up

Nikolay_Evgenyev 15 December, 2012 @ 8:57 am   33

Ru PS Store NFS MW – 989 RUB = €25. Very good deal.
THANKS!

redalertrules 15 December, 2012 @ 9:01 am   34

@ gtstcactus, im from nz too, i just bought off the site thats now available, and then went on my ps3 and it was on my download list.

kasparek1 15 December, 2012 @ 9:07 am   35

Nice

one of the best games this year …to anyone whos planning on getting it,good luck with needle point race.. one of the hardest races and took me 46 run to ace :) it not impossible it just difficult

RoninDennis 15 December, 2012 @ 9:27 am   37

Speaking of deals, you know the PS Vita got a price cut of 50 euro’s in The Netherlands? The only announcement I’ve seen were a couple of posters in Dutch train stations. This should get some exposure onf the site as well, no?

VitalogyPJ 15 December, 2012 @ 9:31 am   38

Already have the retail copy for the Vita and the platinum, might get this for the ps3 but also retail and obviously cheaper.

nice price,just bought it..

slaven_1986 15 December, 2012 @ 10:44 am   40

here in croatia the price with ps plus is 193kn(26€), in retail there is one shop that sells it for 45€ the other ones are above 50€ so for me it is a fantastic deal, ok i know you british guys have pretty nice amazon deals but for the rest of the world this deal is great and so are the other ones(besides battlefield 3 and moh, they were pretty lame)…in my opinion sony is doing a great job in the last years!

burp! fart! eyup!

MASPALOMAZ 15 December, 2012 @ 11:47 am   42

i agree its a good offer for an almost new game, thanks sony blog team. how big is the plus discount tho? i dont have plus currently, is it 10% so 3€ ?

and anyone who bought it already, how do you get the online pass?

The problem Sony have is that the standard prices for games in the Playstation Store are way above what we can get them for in the shops. £50 for AC3?!! I got it for £32 with a bunch of extra DLC included.

It will take mammoth discounts to be tempted by any of these “Christmas deals”, as we can get them cheaper elsewhere.

dimikiller 15 December, 2012 @ 12:36 pm   44

@bigburt82 and other brits
where are you getting those deals??
for every non brit this is a great deal and cant be found cheaper anywhere else…

One_Shot_KiIIer 15 December, 2012 @ 12:54 pm   45

good deal, I think you guys realize that the shops sell the games going up for offer at a lower price then you’ve been putting them up for? and thats why NFS:MW is at that price?

Good deal with the plus discount,have the vita version so not sure if i should get it or not. Might wait for seasonal sale to have more games added,would rather buy psn games on sale.

@dimikiller
Zavvi, Amazon, shopto.net, 365games, game.co.uk, gamestation, play.com,

You can easily use them to import your games. Some require high delivery costs outside of the UK, others don’t. Zavvi is my favorite among them. Delivery can last some time though.

Turbine_inc 15 December, 2012 @ 2:45 pm   48

is it coincidence that most of the content in the Xmas sale is dlc for games in these so called `12 deals ` or does Sony think its customers are total mindless idiots who just buy something when Sony says its a good deal

I wish I never bought a £25 psn voucher because I can see it being very difficult to spend, like the last one

I actually feel like Sony is insulting my intelligence with these offers

J_A_S_O_N_123 15 December, 2012 @ 3:38 pm   49

Do the same for the PS vita version and you have a deal!

If they didn’t put the dlc on sale then people would complain about that. I’ve seen numerous comments with people applauding sony for putting the dlc on sale.

Project2insanity 15 December, 2012 @ 3:51 pm   51

@Turbine_inc; You’re right! Sales are an insult to us paying customers. Come on, Sony, start raising prices or else we won’t buy! Think you can fool us by making things cheaper? Pfft, think again.

residentSteve 15 December, 2012 @ 4:28 pm   52

Still not sure about NSF:mw I still like the 2005 one I wish they would make another burnout just don’t think I like criterion games that much anymore.
Hopefully we can get it for free next year on ps plus.

Turbine_inc 15 December, 2012 @ 5:06 pm   53

if any of you actually think these so called deals have been consistently good then more fool you because they are laughable

I haven’t seen a single comment from any of the 5 people who bought that obscure pirate game praising it or otherwise, in fact I’ve seen about 3 people admitting they knew what it was but that’s all

I wish people (read as fanboys) would not blindly defend Sony for no reason, you see price drop you think good deal yet if you had the ability or intelligence to shop around then you would see the deals are not very good at all, look at all the comments on these deals so far, the vast majority are negative…..what idiot thinks that is good? Sony don’t even bother responding to comments at the best of times….except positive ones, hence the lack of reply from sony

Turbine_inc 15 December, 2012 @ 5:13 pm   54

I mean come on seriously, if I wanted this game id buy a hard copy for less then £2 more which not only gets me a case, disk and manual, but also resale value, I could play it over a weekend and trade it in for £10 or £15 and it wouldve cost just over £10 to do so with a discount off my next game

so someone please explain to me how paying £1.87 less and getting NONE of that is a good deal? just because Sony have reduced THEIR price temporarily it does not make it a bargain by any stretch of the imagination

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 15 December, 2012 @ 5:56 pm   55

This is a good deal for people who prefer digital content over physical media. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Besides, once I buy a game, it is in my collection for life. Trade-ins are a rip off in my opinion.

B_E_C_K_A_S 15 December, 2012 @ 6:59 pm   56

The plus discount has just disapeared , the game is 29.99 eur on portuguese psstore , even for plusers…

Project2insanity 15 December, 2012 @ 7:34 pm   57

@Turbine_inc; Since you are happy to brand those who defend the fact we’re getting discounts (some poor, some good), does that mean you should be simply branded a hater?

Some people prefer digital over physical media, some people don’t care for cases, manuals or resale value. And the real kicker, when you think about it, is transport to purchase physical content bumps the price up. Likewise if one’s blu-ray lens fails and said person doesn’t fancy shelling out for a new unit. Heck, what if the disc breaks?

I personally prefer physical media but are you really arrogant enough to suggest this deal isn’t good by any means?

jacurek72 15 December, 2012 @ 7:54 pm   58

Today I can’t used 12 Deals Of Christmas.
What’s happend?
On my PSstore it’s empty screen when I choose 12 deals of christmas.
I bought before 2 games but today I can’t see anything.
Everything else works fine

Looks like they removed the PSN+ rebate… Seriously Sony, if you add it to the store with a PSN+ rebate, don’t suddenly remove it, because of pocketmoney for you.

What the actual hell? I finally got my PSN Card Topped Up with £35 and I wanted to take advantage of my PSN + Discount to get it for £21.59 As previously shown a couple hours ago now the Discount has Disappeared and is at Full Price of £23.99. This is ridicules I’m pretty angry as now it seems I’m going to miss out on Buying It. Please reply about this as I won’t just leave it unanswered. The Discount Was Rightfully there two hours ago.

Can someone please Reply regarding this PS+ Discount that has now Disappeared. Theres only 3 & Half Hours Left. This is really hit a nerve when proceeding with Trying to Buy the Game I’ve been Waiting for. With my entitled Discount

another_gamer195 15 December, 2012 @ 8:32 pm   62

@ Above, deal pages vanished, psn+ rebates missing.
Welcome to another day in the life of . scee, It happens a lot and has probably added many silly and foolish words into peoples complaints about other issues, llike digital prices or icons, most likely it has been a unwritten part of most every complaint posted these past few months, or longer. But still i read in disbelief some peoples attempts at defending a criticism, even turn it around and back at those of us who are just fed up now, i have to wonder if the defenders are being serious, or is it a total wind up, well attempt at a wind up. i mean what am i not seeing that some are, ?. the guys that allways defend scee or worse attack ppl’s dissatisfaction with them, Obviously it is easy enough to dismis most every ‘seperate’ complaint, but who can stand up and dismiss Any complaint, or if you like, ‘moans or whine’s’, when every single mess up scee’s made Must also be given at least some thought ?. hmm, Who i wonder.
Also these deals Are good only for ‘certain’ countries, When will UK and most of EU get 12 ‘deals’, as advertised.

MadMigsRSA 15 December, 2012 @ 8:36 pm   63

So far, i’m passing all this by.
Wake me up when there is a REAL Psn Xmas Sale going on, like what we had last year.

@Turbine_inc

If you could please explain how buying a game for £25, playing it for a weekend and trading it in for £15 – setting you back £10 – is better than paying £5 to rent the game for 7 days from Blockbuster (or similar game rental companies), I will duly take your opinion to be the holy grail.

Thank you.

another_gamer195 15 December, 2012 @ 9:19 pm   65

What, didn’t know you could rent ‘chart’ games for a week, for just a fiver, though them not having online tax, sorry pass may be reason. One thing i have never done is rent a (disc) game, is it just me or do others feel it is just wrong, i know it’s same as films, but i just think rental game will equal system breakdown, mad but just one of my many quirks. Anyway i have actually bought a game, played it and traded it back for more than it cost, suppose it’s luck, being in right shop at right time, but this (sadly) is a rare occurance, Nice feeling when it happens though.

I had to go to work this morning so I was hoping to buy this tonight and saw that the ps plus discount had disappeared. What gives?

another_gamer195 15 December, 2012 @ 10:32 pm   67

@ link1983/others missing deal.
When there was maintenance last week they extended a deal for the 7or8 hours it was on till. So you’s should still be able to grab this later, (after 12.00am), IF there aware of the problem, But maybe it will be for best If it doesn’t return, as a lot of people have reported problems with other deals and such, perhaps Chris may make exception and put All the deals back on, for 24 hours, as he’s had lots of requests for that anyway. Still, if you really want this deal i guess your safest bet is to keep checking back on store, Very inconvenient, esp for a Sat evening, So hopefully Chris can extend All the deals Again, If that is possible, different publishers permission’s and stuff.. hope you and everyone can get it though.

The deal doesn’t expire until tomorrow night. It runs out at 11:59pm on 16th December.

tin-cup-70 15 December, 2012 @ 11:03 pm   69

Actually surprissed to see so many negative comments about these 12 deals. I for one are very happy with them, can’t wait for LBP karting on monday :)

i may have commented too soon. my math deceived me! this is a bad deal.

also i think there may be some sort of error. most wanted is selling for 50$ (too much for a full price let alone a discount price) yet is saying 60% off which would mean the full price is over 100$. i already saw it at full price and i remember it being 80 maybe 90 dollars.

NFS deal gives us the online pass or do we have to buy it also ?
it looks like an add-on, when i try to buy the deal it only downloads the game not with the online pass

The only other one of these 12 ‘Deals’ I might go for will be the Unfinished Swan so long as it is no more than £5.

Also, Chris, make sure the Hitman Deal on #11 is no more than £20 as the Tailored Version of this game can be bought for £19.99 at most retail stores now. Just Saying. Make Sure.
Thanks.

Choco-Molho 16 December, 2012 @ 3:10 am   73

The last deal ( 12nd ) will be awesome( 60/70% off ) like sleping dogs?
it will be 24 chritsmas!!! i need to know
please

Seriously annoying 11 Hours Later and the Discount for PS+ Members still isn’t showing up! I’m not Buying it for £22.99 when I’m entitled to Buy it for £21.59. Doesn’t make sense please can someone Official Reply to this comment.

da_afroman 16 December, 2012 @ 7:55 am   75

i know it and i can see in one of the wrapping paper present thingy deals their is hitman absolution can’t wait till that is the deal that is the only reason why i haven’t already bought it

Does this price include online pass or not?

It’s really shame that this Plus discount disappeared without any reason. Seems as if it really isn’t possible for SCEE to do any sale without an issue that causes frustration.
Maybe someone should tell them what Christmas is about? You try to improve the mood, dear SCEE. Not the opposite!

@canozkurt
Games that you buy online ALWAYS include the online pass.

@Choco-Molho
No chance. Far Cry 3 is far newer than Sleeping Dogs and is more successful on the market.
No way that they’ll drop the price beyond 50%. I’d rather expect something around 30%, maybe with 10-20% on top for Plus subscribers.

Player42791 16 December, 2012 @ 12:47 pm   78

Has there been a plus discount on everything so far? If deals 4 and 7 didn’t have a plus discount then odds are the plus discount wasn’t supposed to be applied to this one in the first place.

No every Deal so far has had the 10% Off PS+ Discount Applied to Each Game. Still hearing nothing about why it was removed is Unacceptable. Can Chris Howee please Address this as I’m fed up of waiting. I’ve been posting about this since last night.

Hamster8U 16 December, 2012 @ 1:09 pm   80

Pretty decent deal, pity I just picked up Far Cry 3 (inc. dlc) £44.99 & LBP Karting £19.99. Both new in Game. :)

Turbine_inc 16 December, 2012 @ 1:11 pm   81

gcah you missed the point, rent it or buy and trade, doesnt matter, either way you aren’t stuck with a digital copy

to the people who say “what if the disk breaks” and other idiotic comments…what if you don’t like it? whats if your hard drive is full? what about In the future when Sony inevitably shuts down psn because of some incredible new rebranded identical service? what about if your ps3 breaks and you already activated your download on 2 machines?

the bottom line is that even when Sony put digital content on sale, its still overpriced and they are laughing at you for buying it

they do not provide enough storage on the hardware, the downloads are expensive usually more so then retail and the list of pros outweighs the list of cons by a large margin when comparing hard copy to digital, people don’t even have real arguments they just say they prefer it for totally obscure and unlikely reasons

@Turbine_inc

Did I get it right that you tried to overtrump those “other idiotic comments” that you mentioned, before they were even made? Congrats, you achieved it.

When you activated 2 machines, simply deactivate one. You can do that on the web, it’s a simple click. It doesn’t even hurt.
When your hdd is full, delete something. Downloads aren’t expensive, they are free.

But your weirdest story is obviously this: “what about In the future when Sony inevitably shuts down psn because of some incredible new rebranded identical service?”

Whow … just … whow.
I guess you must know more than us. Or you don’t know what a (customer) database is.

I wonder why you didn’t mention the Mayan’s and their prophecy that all digitial content will vaporize 21.12, it would certainly fit into your scheme.

Do you want to know why I prefer digital? It doesn’t waste my space.
If I owned a box for every digital game that I own, I’d need 2 rooms just for games. THAT is expensive.

MASPALOMAZ 16 December, 2012 @ 2:06 pm   83

Maybe Far Cry 3 is a DLC Deal? There was some talk of exclusive dlc content for ps3. What I wish is that its actually a FAR CRY 2 Deal. Like for 5-10 bucks :)

If its FC3 the game I would say its 20% max

MASPALOMAZ 16 December, 2012 @ 2:07 pm   84

Please Sony Store Team , dont punish the people who buy your games new.. Like I bought FC3 already in store. So if you offer FC3 as Deal #12 also offer us who already bought the game a deal. Like FC2 digital version for a good price !

lolz

J_Mlejnek 16 December, 2012 @ 3:38 pm   86

Nefunguje na PS VITA. :-(

Project2insanity 16 December, 2012 @ 4:14 pm   87

@Turbine_inc; When I asked if you really arrogant enough to suggest this deal isn’t good by any means, I was kinda hinting you should try thinking about factors that aren’t part of your biase. I even said I personally prefer physical meda but you clearly have an issue comprehending there’s not a right or wrong answer here, it’s opinion.

As for idiotic comments, it appears you’re the one dismissing these basic points so if I were you, I’d hesitate to use words which are so easily turned back at you. Or did Golwar not make you realise how foolish your last comments were?

Lastly, for the record, regardless how any opinion sways or how paranoid you are, Sony do want to profit so ‘laughing at us’ isn’t likely part of their ‘nefarious scheme’. NB Unless they do have a nefarious scheme in which they take over the world by laughing at customers. PS They don’t.

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 16 December, 2012 @ 4:36 pm   88

Turbine_inc:

to the people who say “what if the disk breaks” and other idiotic comments…

I suppose respect for other people and their opinions is lacking here.

what if you don’t like it?

This is what demos are for.

whats if your hard drive is full?

Same applies to physical blu-ray games which install a large amount of data: delete it. You can always download it again in the future at no cost.

It is the Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) now so I think what happened with that transition spoke for itself.

You can deactivate all systems at http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/.

As for the benefits of digital content, it’s not just about the disc breaking. Digital content is accessible and portable. Yes, it is more expensive in the case of the PS3, but if the consumer feels it is best for them, that by no means makes them an idiot.

Well Sony thank you. I go to bed Disappointed for yet another night because of the PS+ Discount Disappearing for no Valid Reason. Your going to get one angry phone call from me in the morning about this because no one can be bothered to Reply Officially on this board today about it. Because of all of this the One Deal I really wanted will slip away. I rightfully expected that PS+ Discount and if you blame it as a Glitch with no way to Pay Us PS+ Members back I’ll have report on this for every Article you guys post up until I get a reply as to why it happened.

A Very Angry Frustrated PS+ User.

MASPALOMAZ 16 December, 2012 @ 6:40 pm   90

@Marky264 just make sure the phonecall does not cost more than those the 3eur you are missing out on. These phonecalls can be quite expensive ;) Its not worth it to get mad over it in my opinion but i am also not sure what sony is up to here.

As for digital downloads in general I lost crysis 1 cos my slim broke and when the shop replaced it i couldnt log into my old psn anymore and the email support never bothered to help so it was 20 EUR gone – wouldnt have happened with the disc. so i can understand everyone who is hesistant to buy digital content.

i heard the EU is working on some laws tho that might make it better for customers – like you can sell your DLC then.

Turbine_inc 16 December, 2012 @ 7:32 pm   91

if someone is able to explain how a digital copy that coasts mere Penny’s less then a hard copy yet with none of the benefits is a good deal, please tell me and I’m prepared to listen

to those who say if your hard drive is full delete another game, then what’s the point in the first place? and who said they are free….they arent

Project2insanity 16 December, 2012 @ 8:19 pm   92

@Turbine_inc; Do you realise there was actually no irony in your comment? Maybe if you were arguing against redundant points, then sure.

As for your last two paragraphs, they’ve already been answered. The final one actually by the question itself. Lastly, nobody said they were free, only free to redownload. Do yourself a favour and read before replying. Better yet, just respond you understand not all people share your opinion or not respond at all.

@89 Marky264

I’m in the same position as you, no response is pretty pathetic, I am going to buy the game at the normal discount price and then ring them tomorrow and demand they refund the extra discount, its quite frankly ridiculous considering the £40 we pay a year, this is only the SECOND plus 10% discount I have taken during my subscription and this rare time I try to it won’t even work.
I will wait to see if Chris manages to reply in the morning before I ring, If they can’t refund me the extra discount then I will want the game removed from my account and my money refunded, yes its ‘only’ %10 but its the principle of it. NO-WHERE did they say that the plus discount would end earlier.

I love the people that moan at this price, and digital downloads in general.

Firstly, in essence, you are getting two copies of this game. You may not own two PS3′s, but that is how it is.

Secondly, £24 is cheaper when you buy £25 PSN cards at reduced prices. You can pick them up for around £20 if you look around. So you’re getting the game for £20 – or £18 for PS+ subscribers by the same ratio.

Two copies of Need for Speed: Most Wanted for £18? I certainly considered it. ;)

I have over one hundred PS3 games stored about my bedroom in their cases. For me, digital is definitely more convenient.

@Turbine_inc

You really want to be ironic? I’ll show you why I doubt your linguistic skills:

“well done gulwar I was being ironic’ and the same does not apply to bluray which is the whole point of my argument, because you can return it or trade it in….digital you are stuck with it”

Typos, missing punctuation marks, horrible structure. The way you presented this, it offers the absurd conclusion that BRs aren’t ironic. Brilliant.

solarwind12 17 December, 2012 @ 2:04 am   96

Sounds of ‘breaking discs’ abound.
But what if a disc breaks ?. hmm.. never had it happen yet, scratches don’t seem to make much difference either. No 100% physical for ‘time passers’ type games, meaning most of them. But for favourites i guess digital is better. btw am surprised no one corrected the own 2 versions post, as technically correct it really means gamesharing, unless your conjuined twins (no disrespect meant), but am not 100% sure wether thats legal either, well ‘some’ people say nasty stuff about them terrible gamesharers, they’ll be the end of us all, you’ll see. though its also possible to use both owned digital games to play co-op with yourself, like trophy hunters need to occasionally.
lol.. imagine converting your collection to digital, and some scum found another back door into sony/sen, but choose to ‘somehow’ delete the ownership details, basically is it absolutely, 100% safe ?, or can that horror sceneroio ever happen, scary thought i guess.

solarwind12 17 December, 2012 @ 2:19 am   97

Anyway i have to say that LBPK price is ok, i guess, i seen it going for similar price in few places, but for those counties in EU that get charged much more (at retail) than us, then that’ll be a good buy for someones xmas present, or themselves. I am just wondering what the Far Cry3 price will be, IF 50% off then i might treat myself.