Posted 12:15am

12 Deals Of Christmas

12 deals of Christmas

Deal 10: The Unfinished Swan & Journey bundle – Was £19.98/€25.98, now £9.99/€12.99 (50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£8.99/€11.69). Offer expires 11.59pm on 20th December.

Deal 9: Little Big Planet Karting – Was £39.99/€49.99, now £19.99/€24.99 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£17.99/€22.49). Offer expires 11.59pm on 18th December.

Deal 8: Need For Speed Most Wanted – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £23.99/€29.99 (up to 60% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 16th December.

Deal 7: NBA 2K13 – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £19.99/€29.99 (up to 60% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 14th December.

Deal 6: Medal of Honor: Warfighter – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£26.99/€35.99). Offer expires 11.59pm on 12th December.

Deal 5: Sleeping Dogs – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £15.99/€19.99 (67% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£14.39/€17.99). Offer expires 11.59pm on 10th December.

Deal 4: One Piece: Pirate Warriors – Was £39.99/€49.99, now £19.99/€24.99 (50% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 8th December.

Deal 3: Tokyo Jungle – Was £9.99/€12.99, now £5.19/€6.49 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£4.67/€5.84). Offer expires 11.59pm on 6th December.

Deal 2: Battlefield 3 – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99. Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members. Offer expires 11.59pm on 4th December.

Deal 1: 90-day PS Plus subscription – Was £11.99/€14.99, now £7.99/€9.99 (save up to 33%). Offer expires 7.00am on 9th December.

Hi everyone! With Christmas just around the corner, ’tis the season to be jolly! Now you have 12 extra special reasons to celebrate as the 12 Deals of Christmas makes its return to PlayStation Store.

Starting on 1st December 2012, PlayStation Store will feature 12 incredible deals for you to unwrap. You will only be able to redeem each deal from PlayStation Store for a period of 48 hours and then they vanish, quicker than a Christmas pudding!

Just like the presents under your tree, we are going to keep these deals under wraps until it’s time for them to be opened. So make sure you keep checking PlayStation Store to find out what the latest amazing deal is. We’ll also update this Blog post every time a deal is added.

Don’t miss out on some great one-time offers – take a sledge ride over to PlayStation Store and treat yourself to a few extra presents this festive season. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

166 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

Finally, was expecting Unfinished Swan only. Never saw Journey coming and been waiting for a price drop. Now I get both? Happy Christmas to me!

almighty-slayer 19 December, 2012 @ 12:19 am   2

Great price.

Only one problem – you can’t purchase the bundle if you own one of the games. And the games aren’t discounted individually. Considering the fact that Journey is PSN’s biggest seller, that kind of blows the deal for a lot of people.

Could discount The Unfinished Swan on its own, maybe?

gutted was really looking forward to the unfinished swan deal but i hate journey so there’s no point in buying

Allen_Kirameki 19 December, 2012 @ 12:23 am   4

almighty-slayer +1. I purchased Journey long time ago, and now I want Unfinished Swan… offer for it alone, please!

sk8allday47 19 December, 2012 @ 12:24 am   5

Dam i only have 10€ on my account noooo ;(

Great deal if own neither game, but if own either one already is a lame deal.

Should have discounted them individually.

that’s an awesome deal for whoever hasn’t got these…but for someone who already has one of these it’s a bummer… :/
i was waiting for the unfinished swan… pfff

Ugh!

I was really looking forward to picking up The Unfinished Swan on sale. I already own Journey (which is fantastic: GOTY for me!) but this bundle totally negates the discount! :(

Looks like I’m done with the 12 Days sale.

S-o-h-a-i-l 19 December, 2012 @ 12:28 am   9

Chris, could you PLEASE discount The Unfinished Swan individually as well – was really looking forward to this deal,(already own Journey, as do many) disappointed to see the long wait was for nothing. I have £6 in my PS Store wallet just waiting to be spent on this game, please make it happen.

sk8allday47 19 December, 2012 @ 12:29 am   10

pretty lame for people who already hv one of them.

rodrigo1UP 19 December, 2012 @ 12:31 am   11

Great deal =) thanks a lot!!

Kamikaze_Tutor 19 December, 2012 @ 12:33 am   12

One of the most promising deals, and of course it had to be a disappointment.

I already have Journey, will I get one extra copy to gift to a friend?

shadowslyr 19 December, 2012 @ 12:33 am   13

Wow, this is pathetic. I saw the swan shape at the start of the promotion and have been waiting for this deal the past two weeks, then it turns out to be a dual promotion and you can’t buy The Unfinished Swan on its own?!

I already own Journey (bough it release day like TGC’s last two games), so this is less than useless. Gutted.

I was looking forward to this deal as I was expecting it to be just The Unfinished Swan. I already own Journey though so I’d only be saving a pound. It would have been better if you’d discounted both to £5 each, then people who already own one if them can get it on the deal.

violentcop6 19 December, 2012 @ 12:38 am   15

Ouch! that Unfinshed Swan & Journey bundle with the ps+ discount looks like a must buy, too bad xmas not to mention life in general has totally killed my funds, sigh, theres always next year.

Well for those that own neither (as myself), this is the best deal yet!

But I feel you, those that bought Journey and thought this would be Unfinished Swan deal only, now it is bundled…

Seriously? I was looking forward to this deal, but I already have Journey as many others, discount Journey and Unfinished Swan individually so everyone can pick which they want. Journey is one of the best selling PSN games of all time so you could expect that many of us core gamers already have it.

Frustrating, Am totally skint but set aside a fiver on my psn when i saw the swan shape expecting it to be just Unfinished Swan, I do REALLY want both but unfortunately I get paid the minute this deal ends on the 21st!

lucasandjack 19 December, 2012 @ 12:40 am   19

Already own Journey, would have bought Unfinished Swan on its own but now no sale.

almighty-slayer 19 December, 2012 @ 12:42 am   20

Apparently you CAN buy them individually – but there’s no point, seeing as it would only be a £1 discount. Sort it out, SCEE

no arguing on the quality of the offer, but unfinished swan on its own was clearly what a large number, myself included, were after with this one. Heres hoping something can be done to suit everybody

Hexahedronaut 19 December, 2012 @ 12:44 am   22

*Slop clap* ….well done SCEE the only thing i was going to get from the 12 days but now i cant coz i already have journey. Well i think that rounds off a year of disappointment from you guys. merry Christmas to you to. :(

Hexahedronaut 19 December, 2012 @ 12:45 am   23

Slow clap* lol

dylanwiggan 19 December, 2012 @ 12:46 am   24

*SIGH* I never usually comment but this deal annoyed me so much i felt compelled. For anyone who hasnt already got one of these its a great deal sure. But i already, like a lot of people (especially blog readers)already have Journey.
Unfinished Swan was the deal I was waiting for so the whole 12 days has been a bit of a let down for me personally.
Bad 3rd party game deals are on thing as you have to negotiate with them. But i expected the first party stuff to not screw us.

zalwelgoedgaan 19 December, 2012 @ 12:49 am   25

Meh, I just wanted Unfinished Swan. :/ There are still regular sales, maybe we’ll have more luck then.

miauzerich 19 December, 2012 @ 12:49 am   26

Please discount them individually. Bought a 20€ card just for The Unfinished Swan :(

Jesus Christ, are you people really that hard to please?
This deal is extraordinary, and so were the ones before it.
Look, I get where you’re coming from with this one, and yes, if you alteady have journey not being able to get a discount on the other game sucks, but it is an offer, they’re not taking tou anything. We don’t see people complaining “oh, I saw the car image and I thought you would discount “enter some generic racing game here” but then it was Most Wanted, you guys suck”.
For me this deal is amazing and I will be spendind money on PSN for the first time since Flower.
And the deals have been amazing. You import your games from other countries so you don’t need these discounts, so what, let others enjoy them.
Sony has done some bad things (I’m still trying to figure out what the hell went wrong with CS:GO) but these deals are some of the best holiday promotions i have ever seen.
This is my first comment on this site, just to let you know that things like this make me feel ashamed of the gaming community.
Keep on gaming

“Sony has done some bad things (I’m still trying to figure out what the hell went wrong with CS:GO”

All those that want CS:GO, USA PSN has it on sale for 10,49 USD from 18th till 24th. Go grab an USA PSN prepaid card and get it cheap :-)

johnnyquicknives 19 December, 2012 @ 1:00 am   29

Damn the comments on these posts have been bitchy. Yeah there were a couple of [DELETED] deals at the start but they’ve gotten a lot better. This is a pretty great deal for some people, an instant buy for me, here’s hoping they keep the high standard for the last 2 deals as they’re the ones I’ve had my eye on. If they come in at a similar price to nba/most wanted/lbpk (rather than the terrible non-deals on moh and battlefield) then my virtual wallet will be emptied.

bluespook 19 December, 2012 @ 1:05 am   30

I didn’t have journey or swan so to get these both is great.

Meh got both already would like one more deal before this thing ends that I can buy. Oh well at least I got Tokyo Jungle out of this 12 deal event.

Thanks for nothing Sony! Now you get none of my money

A bundle? Nooooo! I just wanted The Unfinished Swan, because I was going to get the Flow+Flower+Journey disc bundle. The price is great, but that sux to people who already got Journey.

Davethegreatest 19 December, 2012 @ 1:15 am   34

I brought journey yesterday for the full price… Would loved to have taken up this offer.

Chris, thanks for a great deal, have been holding off buying both and waiting for a good price.

@Paquete89, I completely agree.

It’s a shame about the negativity towards SCEE on this blog, this will be a good deal for a lot of people, you can’t please everyone. Keep up the good work.

bitbydeath 19 December, 2012 @ 1:16 am   36

Damn, i was looking forward to this.
Can you at least have a few different bundle options and make it with Flower or something?

Like many others in this thread, i’ve already got journey so cant benefit from the offer (i recently bought Journey on 7th December 2012 with the intention of playing it over the Christmas break, and haven’t even downloaded let alone played it yet!)

Any chance of a refund on my original order or an individual discount on unfinished swan as others have asked for please?

I already have The Unfinished Swan (Good little game by the way) so I can’t get this bundle =/

I’d much rather have 30-40% off Journey instead. Please make it happen SCEE! I want to give you some money!

I had none of both games and probably wouldn’t have bought Unfinished Swan if it were alone, so in my case their marketing trick to bundle them worked quite well. Right after I read about the deal I went to the webstore, a real instant-buy.

I was looking forward to getting The Unfinished Swan since the event started, but I’ve had Journey since its PS+ launch, so the bundle is no good to me and the many many other people who supported the massively selling PSN game who now lose out on the benefit of the discount.

Disappoint :(

zalwelgoedgaan 19 December, 2012 @ 1:56 am   41

Golwar wrote: “But I absolutely understand everyone who criticizes that this offers nothing to those who already own one game. A 30%(+10%) discount for the separate games would have been a logical addition to please ALL customers.”

Thanks for understanding, my eastern neighbor. It’s nice to see that among all the pathetic damage control (brought to you by Paquete and quantum) there are still some people that can see both sides of the coin and offer a middle-road solution. It really is strange of Sony to bundle the games, we didn’t see that coming at all. The perfect solution would be a discount on Journey and Swan each and a bundle for an even bigger discount. This way, everyone wins.

Tsubaki_14 19 December, 2012 @ 2:06 am   42

aww, I wanted journey by itself :’( will see if I can afford this -w-

almighty-slayer 19 December, 2012 @ 2:11 am   43

Yup, all they have to do is put maybe a 20% discount on the games individually. That way, the bundle gets a bigger discount so is the better deal for people who own neither game.

However, people who only own one of the games can still pick up the other for a good price.

Kamikaze_Tutor 19 December, 2012 @ 2:13 am   44

@fluxcaps:
What do you think this is? Steam?

I tried purchasing Tokyo Jungle during the promotion and kept having problems trying to validate my credit card. Eventually the deal ended and the game reverted to its original price in my basket.
I contacted support asking for a way to complete my purchase with the discounted price, since it was their service fault that didn’t allow me to proceed with the payment, and they basically said “though luck”.

These series of deals just made me realize how amateur this service still is.

Prem-aka-Prince 19 December, 2012 @ 2:33 am   45

I am disappoint

@quantum7: “you can’t please everyone”

Yes you can, individually -50% from original price of Journey & Unfinished Swan.

@Chris

Sort this out, please…

Great deal! Thank you

FluffyPloo 19 December, 2012 @ 5:12 am   48

Kinda screwed over all those who have already bought the biggest selling PSN/SEN game of all time…

Unicronic 19 December, 2012 @ 5:21 am   49

Was waiting for Unfinished Swan, already have Journey. Jeez, Christmas is cancelled

bennyrafal 19 December, 2012 @ 5:40 am   50

i own Flow, Flower, Journey Collection(journey, flow, flower on BR) that would be insane to buy another journey ;) will wait for Swan alone.

Load all