Posted 19 December

‘Heads-up’ Store update 19th and 21st December 2012

Hi everyone. Jawad is away on holiday this week so I am stepping in for him; please see below the content list for this week’s store release. Highlights include the release of Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD and the keenly-anticipated follow up to Knytt Stories, Knytt Underground.

I’m also happy to announce the Tokyo Jungle Remote Play patch went live at 8am GMT today!

While I’m here, I just wanted to confirm that all Festive Sale deals advertised last week will go live between today and 21st December when the store update takes place. We’ll also have some additional deals going live in the next few days – stay tuned for details.

So, that’s all from me for 2012 but Jawad will be back in the new year to ensure you are kept up to date with the latest releases on PlayStation Store. The first Store update of 2013 takes place on 9th January. Have a great festive season everyone!

PlayStation Network New Content

Content may be added or removed, or move dates – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.

PlayStation Plus

Mortal Kombat (PS Vita) – 100% discount
Knytt Underground – 100% discount
Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD – 25% discount
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD – 25% discount

PS3 games

Angry Birds Trilogy
Price: £19.99/€29.99
PEGI: 3
Availability: All (Releases on Friday 21st)

Fuel Overdose
Price: £9.69/€11.99
PEGI: 12
Availability: Not available in AU, NZ (Releases Friday 21st)

Jetpack Joyride
Price: Free, with in-game purchases
PEGI: 12
Availability: Not available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine (Releases Friday 21st)

Knytt Underground (Cross-buy)
Price: £9.99/€12.99
PEGI: 16
Availability: All (Releases Friday 21st)

Labyrinth Legends
Price: £7.99/€9.99
PEGI: 12
Availability: Not available in AU, NZ (Releases Friday 21st)

Motorstorm RC Complete Edition
Price: £7.29/€8.99
PEGI: 3
Availability: All

Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD (Trial available)
Price: £7.29/€8.99 (additional 25% off for Plus members)
PEGI: 12
Availability: Not available in France, Germany, Spain or Italy.

Tour De France 2012

Jetpack Joyride
Price: Free, with in-game purchases
PEGI: 12

Knytt Underground (Cross-buy)
Price: £9.99/€12.99
PEGI: 16
Availability: All (Releases Friday 21st)

Motorstorm RC Complete Edition
Price: £7.29/€8.99
PEGI: 3

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD
Price: £9.99/€12.99 (25% off for Plus members)
PEGI: 12

Pure Chess Festive Bundle
Price: £6.49/€7.99
PEGI: 12

PS2 games

Canis Canem Edit
Price: £7.99/€9.99
PEGI: 16
Availability: Not available Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE

Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix
Price: £7.99/€9.99
PEGI: 12
Availability: All (Releases on Friday 21st)

Pacific Warriors 2/WWII: Soldier
Price: £4.99/€6.19
PEGI: 16

Red Dead Revolver
Price: £7.99/€9.99
PEGI: 16

PSOne games

Dezaemon Kids!
Price: £3.99/€4.99
PEGI: 3
Availability: All (Releases on Friday 21st)

Rapid Angel

• Nice Pack 2
  • Santa Pack
  • Santa Pack 2

Prices: £2.39/€2.99

Dishonored

Prices: £3.99/€4.99
Availability: Not available in Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Russian Federation, Ukraine,

Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse

Price: £3.99/€4.99
Availability: Not available in Bulgaria, India, Israel, Kuwait, New Zealand, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, Ukraine, UAE

Guardians Of Middle-Earth

Prices: £1.59/€1.99

Just Dance 4

• GOOD GIRL
  • HEAVY CROSS
  • HIT THE LIGHTS
  • ONE THING
  • SO GLAMOROUS
  • WANT U BACK

Prices: £2.39/€2.99
Availability: Releases Friday 21st, Not available in Turkey

LittleBigPlanet 2

LEGO Lord of the Rings

Availability: Not available in Croatia, India, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Availability: Not available in Bulgaria, Qatar

Motorstorm RC – Limited Time DLC!

Need for Speed Most Wanted

RAGE

• RAGE – The Scorchers

Prices: £3.69/€4.49
Availability: Not available in Russian Federation, Ukraine

Rock Band 3

Availability: Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Rocksmith

Prices: £2.39/€2.99
Availability: Not available in Turkey

Sleeping Dogs

• Zodiac Tournament pack (Released Tuesday 18th)

Prices: £3.19/€3.99
Availability: Not available in Germany

Sniper Elite II

Prices: £3.99/€4.99
Availability: Not available in Germany

PS Vita DLC

Ecolibrium

• Christmas Box (23rd December until 11th January)

Prices: £1.59/€1.99

Motorstorm RC – Limited Time DLC

Themes

The Studio Theme

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

363 Comments 55 Author replies
Show oldest first
TwinBlade04 19 December, 2012 @ 3:01 pm   1

Hey Chris :).

Do you know when the Scott Pilgrim online DLC will be available?
The trophies for it have been up for some time now, but still no sign of the DLC release date.

Thanks in advance!

@Chris Howe

Chris once again no one’s been in reply as to why I didn’t receive my 10% PS+ Discount for Need For Speed Most Wanted. The Discount was there for short time before it Just simply Disappeared. Can you please Reply in what you can do about this as I rightfully wanted to Purchase that Game for £21.59 and did not do so as It was incorrectly displaying £23.99. The Deal has passed now so what can you do about it now for me wanting to Buy It with the Eligible PS+ Discount I have? It’s beyond frustrated me and with no Official Comment I’m getting fed up of repeating myself on every blog.

Chocobo115 19 December, 2012 @ 3:04 pm   3

Aww was hoping for Okami HD & Street Fighter X Tekken Disc-locked-characters unlock key to go on a sale or get their prices adjusted to a fairer price :/

Chris, I Bought Uncharted: Fight for Fortune Complete Edition for Vita and it says it is Trial-version and tells me to buy full version. I thought that I did buy full version when I bought Complete Edition????

Catkiller1 19 December, 2012 @ 3:05 pm   5

Will we see Retro City Rampage next week?

Fred Dutton 19 December, 2012 @ 3:27 pm

The next Store update is 9th January. It shouldn’t be long now – we’re just waiting for the developer to confirm his preferred release date.

supersmith2500 19 December, 2012 @ 3:05 pm   6

Err. wrong icon for Munch’s Oddysee? Any chance for a quick fix Chris and any news for Retro City Rampage and Munch’s Oddysee for Vita. Thanks.

Stewart Gilray 19 December, 2012 @ 4:01 pm

The VITA version of Munch’s Oddysee HD is due in February 2013, and is coming along quite nicely.

@ Jawad (comment 1/5):

Hi there! Sorry if I haven’t posted anything here when you delivered the good news for our beloved Spyro, but another phone company switched the contract with our current one with theirs and I couldn’t access the internet for a week or so as a result; nonetheless, when I found out by connecting with my father’s phone (3G), well… I don’t need to tell you how ecstatic I was.

(to be continued)

@ Jawad (continued from my first comment):

The Spyro trilogy, regardless of its import-only status, is an important addition to our PSOne Classics, and not only because he and Crash were Sony’s co-mascots back in the day. Without the sheer genius of these games’ design, the Sony fandom wouldn’t have the Ratchet & Clank series today. A second playthrough of the first game, that kept me busy while waiting for the 12th of December (or for my internet connection to return to normal, for that matter), made me notice many thing in retrospect.

(to be continued)

Retro City Rampage.. For heaven’s sake.

Come on!! It’s GOLD already…

Chris Howe 20 December, 2012 @ 3:30 pm

As Fred says above we are just waiting for the publisher to confirm the release date, should be early January

AlexPSN89 19 December, 2012 @ 3:05 pm   10

@ Jawad (continued from my second comment):

The first Spyro game shows a lot of potential alone by mixing a humble premise and simple controls with the ambition to do a lot with them. Also, doing a 100% run made me notice that the criteria for accessing the next world is automatically met in several occasions: fully completing the first world and then the homeworld of the second one grants you the right to visit the third; fully completing the first two worlds lets you skip the third; and so on. All in all, this is reminiscent of several “collectathons” often seen in the Playstation/N64 era.

(to be continued)

Why is EscapeVektor not releasing in Sweden!!!??

AlexPSN89 19 December, 2012 @ 3:06 pm   12

@ Jawad (continued from my third comment):

Needless to say, things get even better in the second game, and reach their apex in the third. I’m really glad that, after “whining” so much, I can now get to praise SCEE’s hard work for real. Of course, the Spyro trilogy doesn’t mark the end of the “missing Classics” at all, but it’s still a giant step forward.

(to be concluded)

AlexPSN89 19 December, 2012 @ 3:06 pm   13

@ Jawad (continued from my fourth comment):

Last but not least, thanks for posting my drawings in that post, and kudos for your own: it looks really good! My B&W drawings were meant as a simple way to encourage the QA team; giving them recognition is an unexpected, but still warmly welcome, surprise. Kudos for everything, and see you next time, in order to work together for possibilities like Crash Bash, Chocobo Racing, and everything else that made Playstation’s glory back in the day!

- AlexPSN89

Mattrapid441 19 December, 2012 @ 3:06 pm   14

Any chance of Crash Bash?

Catkiller1 19 December, 2012 @ 3:06 pm   15

I would also like to know when the Scott Pilgrim Online DLC will be released please? Any news on this Chris?

EternalChaos72 19 December, 2012 @ 3:07 pm   16

Why the hell is there no avatars??????

teh__pwnerer 19 December, 2012 @ 3:08 pm   17

Will EU ever get the Hitman Dlc bundle?

what happend to the Creature Crawler Dome DLC and Head Skins DLC pack for Borderlands 2? NA store got it last week. We were ment to too

Hi, will there be any christmas sales on PSP/Vita games? The Festive sale has 2 Tomb Raider ps1 titles as only Vita offerings.

RoaringMdog18 19 December, 2012 @ 3:08 pm   20

Is there any chance there will be some Vita stuff on sale soon? I have a few euro’s left but cant find anything to spend it on..

Chris Howe 19 December, 2012 @ 5:00 pm

I’m afraid that it is more likely that VITA stuff will go on sale in the new year now

A_Nonny_Moose 19 December, 2012 @ 3:08 pm   21

The picture for Munch’s Oddyee is wrong. Also, on the store it says the price is £7.29 with a Plus discount to £5.49. Is this an unannounced sale price?

Fred Dutton 19 December, 2012 @ 3:28 pm

Chris should be able to confirm what’s happening here – he’ll be along later this afternoon.

Fred Dutton 19 December, 2012 @ 3:49 pm

right – there is indeed a 25% Plus discount on this title. Sorry for not putting that in the main post – I’m updating it now.

the-draconian 19 December, 2012 @ 3:09 pm   22

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD on PS Vita….FINALLY! I loved that game back when i had an Xbox and have been waiting for it to be on the Vita for ages! My train journeys are becoming the highlight of my day with all the cool games coming to the Vita!

Hey Chris,

No discount for Little Big Planet Vita, Dyad or Catherine like in US Store?

Oh Why? Where are discounts?

Chris Howe 19 December, 2012 @ 5:02 pm

We can’t always align with the US unfortunately. But I have been working on discounts for these three titles. Leave it with me.

marach_liz 19 December, 2012 @ 3:10 pm   24

Why is Bully called Canis Canem Edit? Is it the regular version or censored?

ironmonkey88 19 December, 2012 @ 3:10 pm   25

Glad to finally have Munchs Oddysee on the store, the price looks wrong through – on the oddworld site they are saying it will be £7.99??

thanks

Silent_Gig 19 December, 2012 @ 3:11 pm   26

Any chance of getting Asura’s Wrath for a future IGC?

athanasios_osfp 19 December, 2012 @ 3:11 pm   27

Hi Chris,

Any chance for discounts in previous call of duty dlcs?

Chris Howe 19 December, 2012 @ 5:03 pm

It is extremely difficult to secure discounts on anything within the COD franchises but leave it with us we are always trying

Catkiller1 19 December, 2012 @ 3:11 pm   28

Weren’t we supposed to receive an update within this post, on what the further additions are to the Festive SALE?

zaqair123456 19 December, 2012 @ 3:12 pm   29

Any plans to release I am an Air Traffic Controller Airport Hero Haneda(psp) in European ps store?

AlucardDHK 19 December, 2012 @ 3:12 pm   30

Good update, downloading Stranger’s Wrath as i post this.

Unfortunately, i’m unable to be happy with what i have now and therefore i’m compelled to ask: any news on Retro City Rampage or when the Youtube App will be made available on Portugal?

Guillemots 19 December, 2012 @ 3:12 pm   31

Great update, thanks!

Btw, Papo & Yo soundtrack was supposed to be available today? :(

You missed Flying Hamster HD off for Vita (it’s on the store now) and Escape Vektor & Oddworld both have PS+ discounts as well ;)

Chris Howe 19 December, 2012 @ 5:05 pm

Sorry Flying Hamster HD was a late addition as I needed to confirm pricing, good spot though!

Stoopid_Snot 19 December, 2012 @ 3:12 pm   33

still no Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus :(

any idea when the discount price for King of Fighter will kick in, it was listed last week but the discount never happened

Hey

Any chance of a list of all the PS plus content there has ever been sometime? There’s nothing like it at all on the internet.

Cheers, keep up the great work

Fred Dutton 19 December, 2012 @ 3:29 pm

If you look in the Plus thread I think a resourceful chap has put one together…

MissDreamer 19 December, 2012 @ 3:12 pm   35

Yay, Munch’s Oddysee Hd and Red Dead Revolver for me. I can’t wait. Good update.

AlucardDHK 19 December, 2012 @ 3:12 pm   36

Also, there’s a flurry of discounts on the US store, any chance of getting the same deals here on EU?

Catkiller1 19 December, 2012 @ 3:13 pm   37

@ marach_liz

Canis Canem Edit is the PAL name. They didn’t want it to be called Bully with the game featuring schoolkids, due to the sheer amount of bullying that goes on in schools nowadays!

Hi Chris.

I was just wondering when exactly will the blog post go live that details the full listing of Christmas deals that we can look forward to throughout the sale?

Chris Howe 19 December, 2012 @ 5:07 pm

The 12 deals of Xmas goes live every two days. The festive sale will be updated within this post very soon

Strangeheaven 19 December, 2012 @ 3:13 pm   39

Hello, is there any chance that Extermination originally for ps2 will show up on ps2 classics on the store? Because I would love to play it.

Nightmare966 19 December, 2012 @ 3:14 pm   40

Hi Chris, nice to see you around today :P

First of all let me say thanks to the team for the Plus secured games for January :)

Secondly, a good game update for today. I understand that you’ll update the post on Friday to add whatever goes live then, right?

Hi Chris, nice update. :)

However there are some stuff missing and have for some reason disappeared from the Store like:

the Uncharted 2 avatars, they are not there when you go to Uncharted 2, you only see add-ons and videos. But the Uncharted 3 avatars are there when you go to or search for Uncharted 3.

also two PSone classics have disappeared from the Store, and those are Disney’s Tarzan and Future Cop: LAPD.

Would you try and talk to the Store team and get these items back in there? :)

Jestersoil 19 December, 2012 @ 3:14 pm   42

hey Chris,

umm, weren’t we suppopsed to get an update on the festive sales with a list containing all the new sales that would be added today??

bidbaldwolf86 19 December, 2012 @ 3:14 pm   43

I thought we were going to see additions to the sale today. According the festival sale post

“Below are details of the initial deals – if you can’t find anything that takes your fancy we will be looking to add more items to the sale on the 19th December so keep checking the blog for updates”

I mean where are the Vita/PSP/PSOne games? Ok there are two tomb raider games but come on. This is a very poor show for those of us that only have a Vita. First we get left out of the 12 deals of christmas because you lot say there are no games and now this?

Mortal kombat is still 39.99 :( where is the plus version???

Asking again, where are these discounts that US Store gets:

Holiday Essentials Sale – Catherine (PS3)
Holiday Essentials Sale – Counter Strike Global Offensive (PS3)
Holiday Essentials Sale – Dyad (PS3)
Holiday Essentials Sale – Escape Plan (PS3)
Holiday Essentials Sale – I am Alive (PS3)
Holiday Essentials Sale – LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3)
Holiday Essentials Sale – LittleBigPlanet (Vita)
Holiday Essentials Sale – Magic: The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 (PS3)
Holiday Essentials Sale – NHL 13 (PS3)
Holiday Essentials Sale – Rayman Origins (PS3)
Holiday Essentials Sale – Rayman Origins (Vita)
Holiday Essentials Sale – Resident Evil 4 (PS3)
Holiday Essentials Sale – Retro/Grade (PS3)
Holiday Essentials Sale – Street Fighter: Third Strike Online Edition (PS3)

Fred Dutton 19 December, 2012 @ 3:31 pm

US Store and EU Store are separate entities run by separate teams in separate continents – we run different sales. On top of the 12 Deals of Christmas promotion, EU has also has the ongoing Festive Sale – which will have more content added later this week.

marach_liz 19 December, 2012 @ 3:16 pm   46

Thanks for the reply @Catkiller1

Hi Fred/Chris/Jarad/Santa.

Regarding the additional deals going live in the ‘next few days’ is there any chance of letting us know what they will be today? Please?

I’ll let you have a mince pie and a bit of brandy if you do…

Fred Dutton 19 December, 2012 @ 3:32 pm

The new content should go live on Friday, I believe. Chris will be able to confirm shortly, and may be able to tease a few offers.

Can we please have Vita compatibility re-enabled for Resident Evil 2?

There wasn’t actually anything wrong with it. It was incorrectly reported as bugged, as none of you seemed to know that you hold your finger on the touchscreen to bring up the menu to change discs.

@kc484 – If you are referring to the plus update re. Mortal Kombat I think it says it goes live around the 2nd Jan.

Crouger86 19 December, 2012 @ 3:18 pm   50

@ TwinBlade04 @ Catkiller1 Ubisoft has told Gamefaq that the dlc has been cancelled, its on their site. Dont know why they bothered adding trophies.

Load all