Posted 12:15am

12 Deals Of Christmas

12 deals of Christmas

Deal 11: Hitman Absolution – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £19.99/€29.99. Additional 15% discount for PS Plus members (£16.99/€25.49). Offer expires 11.59pm on 22nd December.

Deal 10: The Unfinished Swan & Journey bundle – Was £19.98/€25.98, now £9.99/€12.99 (50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£8.99/€11.69). Offer expires 11.59pm on 20th December.

Deal 9: Little Big Planet Karting – Was £39.99/€49.99, now £19.99/€24.99 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£17.99/€22.49). Offer expires 11.59pm on 18th December.

Deal 8: Need For Speed Most Wanted – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £23.99/€29.99 (up to 60% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 16th December.

Deal 7: NBA 2K13 – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £19.99/€29.99 (up to 60% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 14th December.

Deal 6: Medal of Honor: Warfighter – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£26.99/€35.99). Offer expires 11.59pm on 12th December.

Deal 5: Sleeping Dogs – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £15.99/€19.99 (67% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£14.39/€17.99). Offer expires 11.59pm on 10th December.

Deal 4: One Piece: Pirate Warriors – Was £39.99/€49.99, now £19.99/€24.99 (50% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 8th December.

Deal 3: Tokyo Jungle – Was £9.99/€12.99, now £5.19/€6.49 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£4.67/€5.84). Offer expires 11.59pm on 6th December.

Deal 2: Battlefield 3 – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99. Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members. Offer expires 11.59pm on 4th December.

Deal 1: 90-day PS Plus subscription – Was £11.99/€14.99, now £7.99/€9.99 (save up to 33%). Offer expires 7.00am on 9th December.

Hi everyone! With Christmas just around the corner, ’tis the season to be jolly! Now you have 12 extra special reasons to celebrate as the 12 Deals of Christmas makes its return to PlayStation Store.

Starting on 1st December 2012, PlayStation Store will feature 12 incredible deals for you to unwrap. You will only be able to redeem each deal from PlayStation Store for a period of 48 hours and then they vanish, quicker than a Christmas pudding!

Just like the presents under your tree, we are going to keep these deals under wraps until it’s time for them to be opened. So make sure you keep checking PlayStation Store to find out what the latest amazing deal is. We’ll also update this Blog post every time a deal is added.

Don’t miss out on some great one-time offers – take a sledge ride over to PlayStation Store and treat yourself to a few extra presents this festive season. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

79 Comments 12 Author replies
Show oldest first

somethingatt 21 December, 2012 @ 12:18 am   2

You guys are doing great this Xmas, thanks a lot. Bought.

That is so tempting…

zalwelgoedgaan 21 December, 2012 @ 12:23 am   4

Yeah, that’s a great price (the generocity difference between Square and EA should be quite apparent by now.) I never played a Hitman game before, I think this will be my first one.

Still no free MK for PS Plus…

Chris Howe 21 December, 2012 @ 8:53 am

It will be live this afternoon after the final store publish of the year is completed

Great deal. Will definitely be picking this up with the PS Plus discount. Same again on Sunday please!

UK pays 34% of the full price, the rest of Europe 42.5% (with the Plus discount). If we’d get the same discount we’d have a price of 20.4€ instead of 25.5€.

That’s exactly the difference when I’d consider to buy it or not. Thanks for helping me with the decision, but I’d actually prefer fairer prices.

Brilliant deal and price for this game, Shame there’s no info on the unfinished swan by itself.

Oh and just to mention it, SCEE is pretty much the only store where I recognized differing % discounts for different countries. Take Steam, they simply cut the prices by the same percentage for all currencies.

So please no “It’s not Sony, it’s the publishers”.

judgehusler 21 December, 2012 @ 12:35 am   10

£19 in game, lol! On a seriouse note it is a good reduction from psn store but it has been available for £20 in retail for quite some time now. Was hopeing for a little cheaper but its best to wait for full edition!

CreamyDingle 21 December, 2012 @ 12:44 am   11

I think thats a pretty sweet deal $34 with Plus discount in Australia. Just brought it first of the 12 deals I brought. Pity 17gb download might take me a while. Thnxs Sony Square good deal.

MASPALOMAZ 21 December, 2012 @ 12:44 am   12

If Far Cry 3 will be reduced like this too, Im selling my ps3 and buying xbox. I am not buying full price games at launch so they turn up here for half the price 3 weeks later.

Ocean-Ripple 21 December, 2012 @ 12:48 am   13

I’ll second the idea of getting a discount on Journey and The Unfinished Swan individually?

That deal really didn’t do unfinished Swan any favour considering Journey had been out for longer and sold more… So like me I’m sure there are plenty of people who were interested in getting Unfinished Swan at the 50% discount but already had Journey.

superpatchy66 21 December, 2012 @ 12:52 am   14

Come on guys how about a Vita deal!!!

k1ll1ng5pr33-NL 21 December, 2012 @ 12:52 am   15

@MASPALOMAZ (#12)

You’re a moron. So just because something ends up in a sale, you’re going to sell your ps3? You know that won’t change anything? Because guess what.. This happens with EVERYTHING you buy. It may end up in some sort of deal. And pretty much everything you buy drops in price over time. Maybe you should sell everything you own?

almighty-slayer 21 December, 2012 @ 1:02 am   16

PS+ price is really really good. Nice work

irish-sid 21 December, 2012 @ 1:02 am   17

This is less than I was hoping it was going to be!! Thanks very much, I waited the whole sale for this one.
Have a merry one!

Hexahedronaut 21 December, 2012 @ 1:18 am   18

£16.99….. ok thats incredibly hard to pass up when you consider Amazon UK,Shopto,Game,Play have it ranging from £19.00 to £19.99 hell even steam has just £2 cheaper keep these sort of deals up!! :)

eyez-iz-chon 21 December, 2012 @ 1:25 am   19

what’s the size of the game?

irish-sid 21 December, 2012 @ 1:27 am   20

It is 17gb eyez-iz-chon

eyez-iz-chon 21 December, 2012 @ 1:31 am   21

cheers! looks like i’ll have to clear up some space then!

Bought very happy was waiting for this from day 1 too. Lots of dlc with it aswell :)

eyez-iz-chon 21 December, 2012 @ 1:45 am   23

what dlc comes with the deal aaron101??

Eyes-is-chon

The DLCs are:
- Deus Ex Disguise
- Deus Ex Pistol
- Contracts Pass
- Sniper Challenge

sorry eyes-is-chon as stated above. cant wait for it to download now :(

Player_550 21 December, 2012 @ 3:05 am   26

Bought The Unfinished Swan and Journey bundle. Great deal psn, Thanks! :-)

Renegade_Rocks 21 December, 2012 @ 3:11 am   27

Aw man ! I just reached home and missed the Unfinished Swan +journey bundle :( ! Any chance it will be back again ! Oh PLease bring it back, I just got late getting home :( !

Chris Howe 21 December, 2012 @ 8:56 am

it won’t be back again in the 12 deals but you never know in the future, it may make it into another sale

solarwind12 21 December, 2012 @ 3:17 am   28

Nice rrp for a psn or console full game, i allready bought/played and traded Hitman back a few weeks ago, contracts mode is Good, but not enough to prevent my recoup of £30, Basicaly (and strangely in This case) i ‘rented’ ‘my’ copy for 4.99, kept it about 2 weeks and got to keep the contracts/online-pass.. which i Have happily managed to do on most BDs, obviously me, others like me are not the target market here, apparently the more numerous ‘casual gamer’ s business Far outweighs the business that myself/others brings in, for sony, hence forced icons and other choices. I believe that the one thing this deal, similar deals has shown me is these rrp’s. Can/should be the norm, for digital games, And i am kinda looking forwards to the days when retailers lose their power over psn/console Games pricing.

btw, usually new releases cost me 37.99/39.99, hence my saying strangely re Hitman.
Also, as others posted, i seen the Far Cry3 going for £22.49 in Game earlier, And it was the ordinary or predator ed.. But am not getting it myself.. Good luck ‘findind Another’ 17GB (lol) guys.

solarwind12 21 December, 2012 @ 3:51 am   29

lol. just remembered i was also swayed to trade Hitman back for Principle’s, there were dlc’s on US/other stores that weren’t on EUs, the costumes and weapons Bundles, instead of which we had to buy ours in seperates, am guessing that a bundle option would of saved me around a (whole) pound, maybe even 2, But as well as us Not having them in the store, None of the numerous comments enquiring about them got a single reply, which i must admit when i see this standard of customer service, feeback interaction our eublog does all to frequently lately, i actually went off the Game, seriously. i mean IF they’d of made maybe one reply just to acknowledge the problem ‘existed’, instead of doing the ‘scee blog boogy’, usual, ignore it cos ‘they’ll get fed up of asking soon’, dance, I might of actually kept Hitman or re-bought it. But as i said i went of the Game.. Strange how some of us react to bad/unfair treatment, So @ Chris/Any Mod, have you answered those guys queries regarding the disappearing plus discount on N f Speed, i really do hope someone has, or will.

A_Nonny_Moose 21 December, 2012 @ 4:28 am   30

The Vita seriously needs a sale like this. And fairer prices in general to be honest. I only buy digital on Vita but I refuse to pay more than retail price. Snapped up Rayman Origins the second I saw it was discounted. When the launch price is the same for retail and the Store I don’t mind either, as long as it’s not more than £30.

I recently found out that no Vita games in the US cost more than $50, and the majority are only $40, which is cheaper than the standard price for a new PS3 release, $60. And yet it’s a regular thing for Vita games in the UK to cost £40, the same as PS3 games. Some even cost £45, which is ABSURD.

Hitman Absolution = great deal if u not have game jet = bummer to me .

k1ll1ng5pr33-NL ( 15 )

total agry but veri hard if u only buy some weeks ago full price = 59,99 €

but i understend after 5/6 month certenly wen game sels wel = stupid to make % deal sooner .

Sony – Check out the Steam store at the moment… That’s how you do a sale.

Chocobo115 21 December, 2012 @ 6:58 am   34

Where is the store update? Curious about the festive sale deals this week and I want to play ´the PS+ games!

Robinworldwide 21 December, 2012 @ 7:58 am   35

Can’t believe that there’s still people moaning and whining about deals like this. If you saw it cheaper somewhere else then by all means, buy it somewhere else! If you bought it at release don’t forget you got to play it for weeks already and that the prices of ALL games drop very quick nowadays.

Sony doesn’t do everything right, but people need to stop acting like they owe them better offers…it’s not like they keep you at gunpoint to buy their psn stuff. Go to Sony’s biggest competitor where you have to pay big bucks just to be able to play online and then come back here to complain on how you’ve seen a game being a few bucks cheaper at your local gamesstore.

On: Great deal, i’ll be picking this one up tonight for sure. Here’s me hoping FC3 gets the same deal!

EmperorLawlight 21 December, 2012 @ 8:07 am   36

When can we get an answer on what Australian and German PS+ subscribers will get in lieu of Mortal Kombat 9 for the Vita?

capitales7 21 December, 2012 @ 8:15 am   37

@12 LOL! You’re complaining about games being half-price? You must live in house made of gold and crystallised unicorn tears. If you’re disappointed, do what I do: never buy games at launch (unless it’s MGS!)…

Now, if Far Cry 3 gets the same treatment, that’ll make me happy.

capitales7 21 December, 2012 @ 8:17 am   38

Further notice to the seriously annoying complainers: £16.99 with PS+… that’s £3 cheaper than the Tesco “sell-at-a-loss” price of £20. Best deal of the sale so far! Thanks Sony guys!

@EmperorLawlight

your getting lego batman 1 for the psp.

Some people are never happy. The store never updates this early and Germany and Australia are getting Lego Batman (first one) instead of MK. PS+ is purely optional and offers something of value. It’s not like you need it to play your already owned games online. Happy Christmas/holidays to the PlayStation universe and let’s look forward to the new year and more great games.

chrisboers 21 December, 2012 @ 8:48 am   41

Great offer on a great game.
As for those waiting for Mortal Kombat for Vita: It was mentioned on Twitter that it was delayed until today, so you should get MK + Knytt later today.

To the entire SCEE Staff: Have a very happy Christmas, and a great, GREAT 2013!

Chris Howe 21 December, 2012 @ 9:02 am

Yep that is correct, the store will update later today with the Plus titles.

Merry Christmas Chris

ArchHippie 21 December, 2012 @ 8:53 am   42

Russian PS+ price is equivalent of £25/€31. It’s Just Not Fair.

@ k1ll1ng5pr33-NL: took the words right out of my mouth. Some people need to wake up to the fact that the world in general, and game retailers in particular, don’t actually owe them anything!

I don’t normally get buy full games digitally but this is a little tempting, I almost wish I hadn’t skinted myself yesterday stocking up on enough beer to see me through the Apocalypse / Christmas period ;)

A_Nonny_Moose 21 December, 2012 @ 9:09 am   44

Hi Chris, will there be another post detailing todays update and the Festive Sale or will it be added to Wednesday’s post?

Chris Howe 21 December, 2012 @ 9:25 am

Fred, will be posting an update on the sale items this morning. Just to clarify there will not be a store post next wednesday. The next one will be on the 9th of Jan I believe

bennyrafal 21 December, 2012 @ 9:12 am   45

Thats SAD, nothing for me, really, for a moment i was thinking about PBP Kart, but no… tokyo j i own from a day one as a plus member.

Voodoo341 21 December, 2012 @ 9:12 am   46

The only game on the 12 day sale that could have tempted me was Unfinished Swan and SCEE being SCEE managed to ruin that. Stupid idea combining it with Journey.

MASPALOMAZ 21 December, 2012 @ 9:13 am   47

Hehe, what kinda logic is this ? Do I owe the game companies anything ? If they give 10% or 20% on FC3 I am fine with it. If they drop it like Hitman I am selling my ps3 to buy an Xbox. MY CHOICE. I am not accepting to be threated like this by a company where the honest buying consumer is always the dumb sheep in the end. At least offer FC2 for 5 if you need to bring down the price of FC3 to slap all the early customers into the face.

windsorblue01 21 December, 2012 @ 9:22 am   48

come on chris avatars for plus accounts all were getting lalely are a few themes

Hell-Raiser-85 21 December, 2012 @ 9:24 am   49

What time is today’s store update? Merry Christmas

L_Alive_7 21 December, 2012 @ 9:24 am   50

WOW! definitely picking this one up.
by the way chris any update on when mortal combact vita is free on ps+.Its still paid :(

Chris pls try to get plus discount on new releases for day one buyers..thx

Chris Howe 21 December, 2012 @ 9:27 am

We try for most titles that come out but we can only work with what the publishers allow us to do as afterall these games are their wonderful creations :)

@MASPALOMAZ
You bought it release day?paid full price, so what?
thats life man,dont talk about honest buyers..
its happening everyday with everything..
prices goes up and down.
Live with it. ;)

A_Nonny_Moose 21 December, 2012 @ 9:27 am   53

I meant will it be added to last Wednesday’s post, from the 19th.

Chris Howe 21 December, 2012 @ 9:32 am

Ah I see, I think it will be added to the original post but Fred will be tweeting it as well so you shall no where it is

Chris Howe 21 December, 2012 @ 9:36 am

Apologies just realised I was in a dream land there with my English…… “you shall know where it is”

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 21 December, 2012 @ 9:30 am   54

This is the PS Store I want to see more of! The last two deals have been fantastic! May I suggest you do a special bargain deal monthly to get more sales? Furthermore, do you have any updates on the Ps Store content for today?
Thankyou and Merry Christmas, I hope 2013 isn’t as problematic for you as this year has been.
Great job.

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 21 December, 2012 @ 9:31 am   55

Oh yeah, I would buy this if I wasn’t getting the Professional Edition for Christmas and would you be able to add some Vita offers today?
Thanks.

@27 Dude, use web-store next time.

VitalogyPJ 21 December, 2012 @ 9:40 am   57

#1 asked:

“No update on possibly separating/getting a discount, on Journey and The Unfinished Swan individually?”

sony’s reply:

“This will not be available I’m afraid, I did ask but it’s not possible”

Since mayans were wrong about the end of the world this will probably put an end on it *sigh* the “not possible” gives a dramatic feel to that sentence…

MASPALOMAZ 21 December, 2012 @ 9:40 am   58

@jaffe07 Yeah I know what you mean :) But I have a lot of self-respect and I am already considering a trade-in of the ps3 for an xbox with Skyrim (that is still 60 here USED!! Check game.es website if you dont believe me) and Forza. Sony is hurting themselves if they “punish” early buyers like this. Now if they offer FC2 also for a nice price I might change my mind, but seriously and in general. Who will buy games at launch (except mayor releases like GTA5 or maybe COD) when they start throwing them away a couple of weeks later?

Not for me, but this seems a pretty good deal. Too bad about Unfinished Swan though.

I’m not interested in this, but just to let you know: this deal is invisible in the store (at least mine). There’s an empty space that I cannot access. Other people might have the same problem and actually want to get that deal.

Chris – I know there is no Store update until 9th January 2013 but the Store will still update on 2nd January with the 3 new games for PS Plus users wont it?? Or are they going to be delayed until 9th January??

zxRATTLExz 21 December, 2012 @ 10:33 am   62

Hitman at that price is an amazing deal. Sadly i own this on disc but it certainly seems that SCEE have listened to the feedback and got more realistic with their offers over the last week or so. I have to admit that when i saw the Battlefield offer i was sceptical that the BR games would have a reasonable price. Hopefully this will continue in the future sales. Looking forward to see what get announced for the festive sale later….hoping for OKami and Resi Code Veronica.

Phantom_Blaze 21 December, 2012 @ 10:57 am   63

Hi, once again:

Please can we have the following as the US has had them since MAY.:

Assassin’s Creed 3 Avatars
Assassin’s Creed 3 Theme

I WANT to spend 20p on an avatar for once in my life, and you’ve stopped me from being able to do this! Please can you add these AC 3 items to the UK store.

Also any news for the following apps??

Ps Vita Wake Up Club
PS3 Youtube App

Another deal where UK gets a bigger % off and assuming the next deal on Far Cry 3 is the same that will be 6 out of 12 whereby the UK got a bigger discount.That’s 50% of the deals UK gets gets a bigger discount or if your in rest of EU that’s 43%.

Is anyone else having any problems adding funds? I have money in the bank but keep getting a message saying ‘an error has occured ‘when i try to buy this game. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

dark_angel69 21 December, 2012 @ 11:59 am   66

Now that is a great deal!!! So tempting. Same price as a retail disc on amazon but with the ps+ discount it’s cheaper. :(

I cant make up my mind. Will have 3 games in just 4 days, bought a new game just a few days ago and haven’t even fitted in the time yet to start it. There’s also the ps+ games that must get played. (Still never even got round to starting Dead Space 2)

If I knew what far cry 3 price was going to be then this decision would be so much easier.

Never had…..soo…many…….games at once!!

xxSamuraiGirlxx 21 December, 2012 @ 12:06 pm   67

@zxRATTLExz
sony haven’t listened to feedback. they prices their items in a way not to anger the other retailers. everyone else is selling hitman for £20 at the mo. psn price isn’t special (without +).

far cry would probably be about £20 as well cause you can buy it for £20-22 on the high street right now.

even when sleeping dogs when on sale for £15. is was available for about £15 in other places at the time too.

if they listened to feedback, a lot of people asked for walking dead and borderlands 2 season pass (including me =p) to be on sale.

xbox managed to get those on sale for this month so it’s not like the pubs don’t want their games on sale…maybe they made a deal with them to have those items on sale exclusively on xbox or something…

Blood_God_UK 21 December, 2012 @ 2:34 pm   68

I think the plus price for (deal 11) hitman is a quite good, its just a shame I got it last month from game £37 now £20, still its a very good game and I’d like to see (deal 12) Farcry 3 get a similar price as its £22.49 at game.

Forrestfield 21 December, 2012 @ 3:24 pm   69

Ah, missed Tokyo Jungle, oh well Unfinished Swan and Journey should keep me occupied for a while. Curious what the last deal will be.

Hi Chris.

I have noticed quite a few people that seem to be rather disappointed about the lack of an individual price reduction on The Unfinished Swan and Journey, so I am asking for them as well as myself…

I am quite confused as to why and how it would be impossible to simply reduce the price of The Unfinished Swan and Journey to £4.99 each, as it would allow people to purchase one of the two games for the time being and it would also allow people that had already purchased one of the games to buy the other separately.

Could you please clarify the reason why and how it is impossible, when the games are already available separately on the PlayStation Store to not just reduce them separately?

So…No Christmas for PS Vita user´s hum? Keep up the good work sony… (Sarcasm)

Do playstation all stars discount

KoN-MaRTiNZ 22 December, 2012 @ 10:38 am   73

Can you say what the Farcry 3 deal is as I Want to get hitman but I want Farcry 3 more. I only have enough to buy 1 or the other, I don’t want to wait till tomorrow and find out I don’t have enough for farcry 3 and the hitman deal is then gone.

“Offer expires 11.59pm on 22nd December.”

Is it CET time?

KoN-MaRTiNZ:

If you’re very quick and very lucky you’ll be able to see both deals when the switchover happens at midnight.
It’s a risky business and you’ll need great connection but there’s a small wwindow in which you can see amd buy both deals at the same time.

dark_angel69 22 December, 2012 @ 1:08 pm   76

@KoN-MaRTiNZ
Stick with the far cry 3 deal man. They are both only like 3 quid difference on disc so surely they will be very similar in the deal. Far Cry 3 would be the better game i’d say.

If you wait for the Far Cry 3 deal, you will know what the price is. If you don’t like the price then buy the disc Hitman (again not much difference). Ya would miss out on your ps+ discount but at least you waited for the better game. There shouldn’t be that much of a big difference. BF3 would been more popular that Far Cry 3 therefore it would been more expensive. I have a good feeling Far Cry 3 will be around 20 quid for us ps+ members

more like 29.99 and 27 for ps + on far cry 3 and if its lower than that i will be shocked into buying it

MuddledMuppet 3 January, 2013 @ 5:02 pm   79

I can’t get over how much of a great deal PSN+ is becoming, LOVING the Hitman Absolution, I never woulda bought this, and now finding out what great series it is! Player created content is KING in my eyes, being able to play my friends contracts is just so much fun :)

I even shaved my head for my new youtube intro I’m loving that much lol