Posted 12:15am

12 Deals Of Christmas

12 deals of Christmas

Deal 12: Far Cry 3 – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £24.99/€34.99. Offer expires 11.59pm on 24th December.

Deal 11: Hitman Absolution – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £19.99/€29.99. Additional 15% discount for PS Plus members (£16.99/€25.49). Offer expires 11.59pm on 22nd December.

Deal 10: The Unfinished Swan & Journey bundle – Was £19.98/€25.98, now £9.99/€12.99 (50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£8.99/€11.69). Offer expires 11.59pm on 20th December.

Deal 9: Little Big Planet Karting – Was £39.99/€49.99, now £19.99/€24.99 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£17.99/€22.49). Offer expires 11.59pm on 18th December.

Deal 8: Need For Speed Most Wanted – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £23.99/€29.99 (up to 60% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 16th December.

Deal 7: NBA 2K13 – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £19.99/€29.99 (up to 60% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 14th December.

Deal 6: Medal of Honor: Warfighter – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£26.99/€35.99). Offer expires 11.59pm on 12th December.

Deal 5: Sleeping Dogs – Was £49.99/€59.99, now £15.99/€19.99 (67% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£14.39/€17.99). Offer expires 11.59pm on 10th December.

Deal 4: One Piece: Pirate Warriors – Was £39.99/€49.99, now £19.99/€24.99 (50% off). Offer expires 11.59pm on 8th December.

Deal 3: Tokyo Jungle – Was £9.99/€12.99, now £5.19/€6.49 (up to 50% off). Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members (£4.67/€5.84). Offer expires 11.59pm on 6th December.

Deal 2: Battlefield 3 – Was £59.99/€69.99, now £29.99/€39.99. Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members. Offer expires 11.59pm on 4th December.

Deal 1: 90-day PS Plus subscription – Was £11.99/€14.99, now £7.99/€9.99 (save up to 33%). Offer expires 7.00am on 9th December.

Hi everyone! With Christmas just around the corner, ’tis the season to be jolly! Now you have 12 extra special reasons to celebrate as the 12 Deals of Christmas makes its return to PlayStation Store.

Starting on 1st December 2012, PlayStation Store will feature 12 incredible deals for you to unwrap. You will only be able to redeem each deal from PlayStation Store for a period of 48 hours and then they vanish, quicker than a Christmas pudding!

Just like the presents under your tree, we are going to keep these deals under wraps until it’s time for them to be opened. So make sure you keep checking PlayStation Store to find out what the latest amazing deal is. We’ll also update this Blog post every time a deal is added.

Don’t miss out on some great one-time offers – take a sledge ride over to PlayStation Store and treat yourself to a few extra presents this festive season. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

82 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

No PS+ discount???

Snuppedupen 23 December, 2012 @ 12:24 am   2

Oh c’mon no PS+ discount REALLY ?!?..

No Ps+ Discount but okay. I’m fine with 35€.

silent_strike95 23 December, 2012 @ 12:29 am   4

This is a brilliant deal. Definitely gonna pick this up now. Thanks for great deals on both this and Hitman, that’s pretty much it for my christmas for this year.
Hope to see the same high standard next year, you guys are really raising the standards of your service, despite what others may be saying.

No PS+ discount:( I have 14 €, and with a 20 € voucher i wont get enought money for far cry 3 !

Snuppedupen 23 December, 2012 @ 12:32 am   6

@Digrik, the same here! and even worse!.. I’m stucked at 34.52€ with no possibilities of anything!!! so lame…

TitManSoldier 23 December, 2012 @ 12:34 am   7

Thank you for this and hitman love you sony and oh. Thanks for the savage editoon its been a great 12 deal it dont inncredibly matter iif 10% off was included i got what i wanted and expected. No complaints cheers:)

Odd how it says 50% off yet the game was £59.99 pre-sale.

Just FYI guys, the download is actually ‘The Savage Edition’
(2 Preorder DLCs Included) and is 6.4GB

Good work, Store folks. This & Sleeping Dogs will keep me busy over the holidays :)

I’m disappointed Far Cry 3 24,99£. In the Game store(game.co.uk) it costs £ 22.49.

Its a grat deal , Far cry 3 at 34,99 €!! But im unlucky my account its stuck at 34 €…

Snuppedupen 23 December, 2012 @ 12:39 am   11

One question : I got Hitman yesterday (great deal thks Sony & Square) and it’s written “Hitman: Absolution {EFS}” what does EFS mean ???

yonikunda666 23 December, 2012 @ 12:43 am   12

On the PS+ home screen in the store it clearly states that PS+ subscribers receive at least (your words) a 10% discount on store promotions. At the very least this is a misleading statement so if someone could clarify it would be much appreciated.

So 50% off for EU, but almost 60% off for UK, that’s bit of a strange difference. It’s a decent deal, specially for UK users, but 15% extra off for PSN+ users and a similar UK price for all of EU would have made it something special. Now it’s just cheaper to get on disc, but thanks for the deal though.

Happy holidays.

If these sales have been a success, then why cant we have regular one day sales or week sales, if PSN wants to compete with LIVE and STEAM, and companies want to beat trade ins, then this is the way to do it.

bennyrafal 23 December, 2012 @ 12:46 am   15

nothing for me, btw Chris its 1:45 ;> i have to say, middle of the night and blog updates…

great deal thanks am downloading it now

Higher than retail price so no purchase from me (some people prefer the convenience of digital I know but as a PS+ member HD space fills up really quickly, Even on a 500GB hd). Am kind of glad, I don’t need to be spending more money right now and if it matched the Hitman Deal (Which I already own on disc) I wouldn’t have been able to resist. this and the festive deals have been good overall though, Picked up Sleeping Dogs, Journey/Unfinished Swan & Tokyo Jungle from the 12 days and picked up Deus Ex: HR, Tony Hawks HD, King of Fighters XIII and some Sleeping Digs DLC from the festive deals so a big thank you to the guys who arranged those.

Merry Christmas!

Nice one, special edition too :D Thank you.

JeaNdeLaf01453- 23 December, 2012 @ 12:58 am   19

In other countries the prices are very different from playing the game a 50% discount say 50% of the current price, but also we want to discount what we mean an extra psn + members + members Psn additional discounts will not come at that time remains a big mistake in this regard. Thank you both for discounts, but believe me, the campaign’s end game when you play a little more good years, I’m offering discounts to fix prices could have done as soon as possible

Snuppedupen 23 December, 2012 @ 1:02 am   20

No special or savage edition for the EU and it’s 6,3GB here … :/

Bovrillor 23 December, 2012 @ 1:04 am   21

@15 – The Deals change over at midnight, so a middle-of-the-night blog update makes sense. The fact that people are here commenting should show that it’s appreciated.

Admittedly, I was already downloading it via the Search function long before this post arrived, but still.

Snuppedupen 23 December, 2012 @ 1:07 am   22

RECAP : – Far Cry 3 Special Edition with 2 pre-order contents, 6,4GB and around 60% off for the UK

– Far Cry 3, 6,3GB and 50% off for the poor others

Bovrillor 23 December, 2012 @ 1:12 am   23

Snuppedupen, have you actually downloaded it yet? There’s no mention of dlc in the store page, or the download list. It’s just ‘there’ when you’ve downloaded the game.

Snuppedupen 23 December, 2012 @ 1:16 am   24

Ok Bovrillor thanks i feel better now ;)

6.4GB here in Ireland, same price as the rest in euro.

Quite a shame that there isn’t a ps + discount, I avoided the other deals just to hold out for this one.
Can someone confirm whether or not the included dlc is that found in the lost expeditions version?
Regardless
Merry Christmas to all at sony and my fellow gamers

first person shooters are worth no more than 5$ to me. no thanks.

sad to see the 12 deals of christmas come to an end :( at least i got my sleeping dogs platinum out of it :)

looking forward to next years ones!

JeaNdeLaf01453- 23 December, 2012 @ 1:42 am   28

Amerika Far cry 3 24.99 € Turkey 34.99 € ? 79 TL This distinction is based on how the discount countries are you doing? Meanwhile, there is not much difference equal to the discount available in all countries, all users should be provided and submitted to Sony immediately

Bovrillor 23 December, 2012 @ 2:10 am   29

Snuppedupen – no problem, do let us know what you get in the end :)

Domzter – yes, the DLC is ‘Lost Expeditions’ and ‘Warrior Something-Or-Other’ which basically translates to 2 missions, access to the multiplayer ‘tattoo editor’ and a fancy knife.

Terarded – dismissing this as ‘just a first-person shooter’ would be a real shame. Did you also pass on Borderlands 2? Fallout 3? All worlds apart from the status quo of FPS rubbish-ness.

capitales7 23 December, 2012 @ 3:16 am   30

Awesome deal!! Thanks a lot for this. :)

Paquete89 23 December, 2012 @ 4:06 am   31

Amazing deal!!! I’m downloading it now.

Just fyi, in Portugal it is 6.4GB, the savage edition (you only see this when you start downloading it)

Journey and unfinished swan were two of the best games I’ve ever played. I’m not sure which one I preferes, they’re both so original and inspiring in their own ways…true masterpieces.

Snuppedupen 23 December, 2012 @ 4:22 am   32

@Bovrillor, Paquete89 just cleared the situation. don’t be reluctant to add my idpsn for further co-op side missions ;)

@Paquete89, thanks for the information mate :)

HappySpaceInvdr 23 December, 2012 @ 4:33 am   33

That Far Cry 3 was goingto get a discount was blindingly obvious from its launch day on the store – the same day, Vaas’s silhouette in the 12 Deals of Christmas was unmistakable.

I wonder how many people paid full price for the download without realising?

chronic010 23 December, 2012 @ 4:59 am   34

Man….already hate the fact that Farcry is no 70 bucks in any store….then you get discount, and no extra plus discount. Makes it hard to not just let it go and order it on amazon.

AeonsDead 23 December, 2012 @ 5:09 am   35

So what’s planned for when this deal expires? Any free gifts for the world from Sony?

US PSN is in the middle of a massive sale that puts this to shame. Each week there’s a bunch of new games on sale and there’s still another 2 more weeks to go.

Far Cry 3′s standard price on the US PSN is roughly the same as SCEE’s sale price so when the US PSN discounts Far Cry 3 it’ll be a quarter of our price.

Bottom line, stop rewarding SCEE’s greed and maybe they’ll show some respect for Europe/Australasia. They only keep ripping us off because you people keep throwing your money at them.

most wanted,hitman and farcry 3 at the price of almost one game on psn store.Im quite satisfied with my deals of christmas..

I wish I knew there were Differences in the Save Data between the Disc Version and this Downloadable Version! >:[ I was 13 Hours through the Story on the Version I rented from the Store and now I have to start all the way back at the beginning! I wouldn’t have bought this Downloadable Version if I had been warned about this. How extremely Frustrating. :/ Some money wasted there.

Merry Christmas.

And the price discrepancies between UK (58.33%) and EU (50%) just keep on coming from “SCEUK”. How is this treatment fair?

Splutterbug 23 December, 2012 @ 8:06 am   40

Thanks for the deals, I picked up the Journey / Unfinished Swan bundle, finished Journey in one sitting and wow what a fantastic game, can’t wait to play it again. Merry Christmas.

Merkkari63 23 December, 2012 @ 8:07 am   41

Damn, I was hoping for Assassin’s Creed 3!

frassedylan 23 December, 2012 @ 9:06 am   42

How is that a brilliant deal? You can order it online for that price! And downloadable copies should be cheaper! It’s a sucky deal.

TINTINTB303 23 December, 2012 @ 9:17 am   43

@ Terarded

Like you I hate most FPS games BUT I got this a couple of weeks back and it’s a superb game!!

Not at all like all your average boring grey military shooters out there.

Do yourself a favour and give it a go. As the old Sony saying goes:

“Try it, you might like it” ;-)

Bjarno86 / frassedylan

+100 :)

Terrordactyl 23 December, 2012 @ 9:41 am   45

How is it a great deal??

It is £22.49 for the Special Edition in Game, and also that price on Amazon.

However, do get it one way or another as it’s the best single player FPS I have ever played, by far.

Huono_peleis 23 December, 2012 @ 10:09 am   46

Yet again the discount is bigger in UK than it’s in the rest of the Europe. You at SCEUK really think it’s a wise policy to keep discriminating rest of the PAL region?

Some of your deals are great, Sony, and PS Plus is an exeptional value service.

HOWEVER, RRPs of £59.99 are ridiculous. Please bring your digital prices for games that are not on offer inline with the prices we see in shops and online.

pressmyfoot 23 December, 2012 @ 10:31 am   48

I will grab this later, thanks chaps.

You pays your money and takes your choice.

Amazon can shove it up their tax-dodging, wasteful bottoms.

This deal is one day too short , bet a lot of players will be getting PSN cards on christmass day and they would have got this game, but the deal ended the night before

capitales7 23 December, 2012 @ 11:41 am   50

So. Much. Complaining.

Semblano75 23 December, 2012 @ 11:48 am   51

not a big deal… amazon.uk is selling FarCry3 for £22.49 (or 27£€). The same was with Hitman Amazon UK £18.99 (or 23.3€) with a physical copy (and there postage fee is free). with this i was expecting the digital copies to be at least 2 or 3 euros less than the physical copies, and i hope in the future Sony start to do this.

PS – besides that complaining SONY you got me, for the last 6 years i have been a XBOX 360 user, and with this super Network Plus Deal this month you got me (bought 2 weeks ago my first PS3 and yesterday my PS Vita, keep investing in this PLUS thing it is pure gold, and i already convince 3 other friends to change to PS3)

@50 Careful. I irritated people in a previous blog for suggesting that.

@51 I’ve always been a Sony advocate, but it wasn’t until earlier this month that I joined Playstation Plus. Combined with Vita support, Batman: Arkham City – even though I already own it, and the 1st Deal of Christmas… I could no longer resist. I hope they keep it coming.

I think everyone in here would love to have seen it cheaper then physical copies, but I just don’t think Ubisoft would allow it, a game like Far Cry 3 is very popular at the moment, so they need to cash in on that. Also I’m sure huge franchises like Amazon.co.uk and Game actually has an easier time getting a low cost price, then SCEE, which also could explain why UK PSN is getting it cheaper then the rest. Not that it’s fair, but I think that is what the store team are struggling with.

This years 12 deals has been pretty good, there has been some really good deals among them, some decent deals and a few disappointments, specially the Swan+´Journey bundle, was a disappointment for many current Journey owners.

Prices on digital games has always been to high, take a look at Steam, where prices on digital games there are also higher then physical copies, but the last few years it has improved a lot and specially Sony has been good at getting some fine prices for digital games, specially the Vita has seen some great deals since launch.

And also… Happy holidays :)

pressmyfoot 23 December, 2012 @ 12:58 pm   54

It is a fantastic deal if you want a digital copy.

Especially if your Fat60 ps3 disc drive makes more noise than a 747 flying in through the window.

tekkenism 23 December, 2012 @ 2:14 pm   55

Will Tekken 3 ever be on the PSN store?

ruinereraser 23 December, 2012 @ 2:27 pm   56

Way to divide your most loyal customer base, SCEUK. Final sale item and again middle finger to EU (10% less discount) customers and PS+ subscribers. Compare this to ongoing SCEA sale and you’ll see how weak and disrespectful this sale is for PAL region customers.

I must say you’ve done everything in your power, Chris, Fred and the rest of the sore team, to show us how much you don’t take your job seriously. This is Sony’s biggest market when it comes to Playstation and you treat us like trash.

Really hoping that something will change in for better 2013, but it would have to begin with the EU team to be replaced with more professional pack of employees, apparently.

Pls put PS+ discount, even its a 1% discount! Since i have 14,65 € and i’m going to buy a 20 € voucher, i will only get 34,65 €.

And i can’t get Far Cry 3 because of a difference of 34 cents …

Anyway, great deals this years ( i have bought hitman and 3 months subscrition at 10 €), just hoping for that discount

Merry christmas!

Wow, while this deal is still too pricey for me compared to the disc version. Can’t believe how much people are complaining about it. It’s hardly the slap In the face the Battlefield “offer’ was now is it?

ferenzzz1971 23 December, 2012 @ 10:15 pm   59

For just a download and no disc €34.99 is way too expensive imo..

Happy Holidays and a Joyous New Year To All

Farcry 3 with predator pack is only £22.49 in Game in the UK

WORST SALE EVER !!! not surprising its SONY !!!

everyone is offering sales (apples.android,steam..etc) they all offer great value for their customer except greedy & clueless SONY.

lets hope next year SCEE will give us real sales. oh & please don’t give us useless retail game discounts because we can buy those far cheaper in the shops at any time. GIVE US DISCOUNTS on PSN content.

see ya

This is pathetic that I can post here and was blocked on the usa blog cause I voiced some constructive criticism at how terrible our usa plus is and the nerve they have to put games ON SALE for us plus members and then offer them FREE weeks later. I get kicked off the blog from commenting and feel I should sue them for rudely trying to shut me up from my right to complain legit matters. Then I come on here and see you UK people are getting Farcry 3 at a discount ALREADY? I just bought the dang game day 1 digital here on our usa psn for 60 full bucks and not even 2 weeks into it releasing here its offered for half what I already paid. That is a slap in my face and now my support on day 1 games is over. I will always WAIT years if I have to till these games are 20 bucks before I buy them or their offered free off plus. I’m sick and tired of paying for peoples discounts being loyal and buying day 1. Screw the developers now. Shove your day 1 prices up your woo hooo.

I guarantee you us day 1 digital Farcry 3 buyers won’t get any free add ons or anything for that matter for being loyal and paying full price. I really thought Farcry 3 would stay at full price for at least half a year and here we are not even 3 weeks its released and its already discounted. What such horse crap. No more day 1 for me. Sick of getting ripped off.

I actually should just stop gaming all together. The business is no longer respecting our voice or no longer LISTEN. All they care about is just money alone and no passion in gaming anymore trying to treat customers right. Only lies to us 24/7 and scamming us. I’ve been with Sony ps3 since 2007 and I’ve invested over 2,500 on psn, gaming consoles, handhelds and head sets ect… I think I need to just take my loss and get out now and stop feeding the EVIL that Sony is. The money and time I’ve wasted on gaming all these years could’ve bought me a decent 4 wheeler and time outdoors in the summer. Instead I’ve wasted my money and life on a company that cares NOTHING about its customers but only their wallets. I should’ve knew something was up when Sony FORCED us to sign a agreement that we could not use psn unless we agree to give up any rights to sue them. That was when I should’ve stopped gaming. Now they are free to lie and miss treat you and you signed away your rights to complain or sue and to just take it. I think I’m done now!

I can’t believe how retarded this is. You got Europeans complaining that it’s not a good enough discount and US are getting better deals, now there’s Americans complaining that EU get a discount!! There’s no pleasing some people is there?? Everyone need to quit whining on the Playstation blog with their f****** first world problems. I’m not being an apologist but people need to take a step back and get a reality check.

AeonsDead 24 December, 2012 @ 3:23 am   66

@oEXIEo Yes we all agree that being alive is more important than prices on the PSN, and because we are gratefully alive there is no need to complain about anything, is that what you want to happen? I’ve heard nothing but legitimate complaints.

This is a decent enough deal for me as I only buy retail from Zavvi or Shopto where the game is £24.95 for the standard edition from Zavvi or £37.85 for Lost Expeditions from Shopto. £24.99 digital with 2 bonus packs is fine by me, unlike the rest of the world I don’t get rid of any of my games so no complaints here about no trade value. Merry christmas one and all!

It’s so funny that US people are complaining about the game prices. You get day 1 games for 60 bucks. We got far cry 3 for 69.99 euros. Thats 92 bucks. So quit whining about your game prices. AND IT’S A CHRISTMAS SALE! It would be retarded if they would offer us games that were two years old. Everything is on sale everywhere if you go to any store on the planet.

If you don’t have the money to buy games, just wait a few months and the prices will drop. If you still don’t have the money, get off of your lazy behind and get a job. Then you won’t have so much time to whine about everything.

On a positive note I would like to say that Far Cry 3 is AMAZING! And thank you so much Sony for giving us such a discount. With registering to Plus and all the games that I bought from all kinds of different Christmas Deals I have at least 400 gameplay hours waiting to be played. :D

Merry Christmas and keep on playing! (with a little les complaining)
Take Care!

Seriously, it shouldn’t come as a shock that a game released a few weeks before Xmas gets a big discount near Xmas.

jazzylouis 24 December, 2012 @ 9:15 am   70

I Got The Subcripson When I Want The Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Public Beta.

i bought FC3 from UK store, where the heck are dlcs? it says on game icon its a Savage Edition but dlcs are not there

Great promo thank you, for a great game at a good price.
Can someone who has bought the game please tell me the difference on the savage edition.

Thanks Happy holidays

Catkiller1 24 December, 2012 @ 11:01 am   73

This is a great deal yet some of you are complaining for what….£2.50?? LOL

I bought it at Retail for the Lost Expeditions Edition as advertised at GAME. Only tried the Multiplayer so far but thought it was fantastic, so onto Single Player at some point over the holidays.

I have too much time dedicated to other titles with a good buddy of mine (judgehusler), trying to get some of the awful multiplayer trophies out of the way on certain games.

This is such a step-up from Far Cry 2!

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 24 December, 2012 @ 1:36 pm   74

Funny thing about the complaints is this is the cheapest digital version of Far Cry 3 right now. I sure hope complaints are towards the pricing of digital content in general and not just SCE.

what dlc comes with far cry 3 deal?

Winter-Dragon 24 December, 2012 @ 3:23 pm   76

I didn’t know where else to post this.

For some reason Gods Eater isn’t available as a digital download in the Australian Store.

I am wondering if there’s any chance of it being put up as it’s available to in the EU store and has been for at least a year.

Americans coming on our blog and complaining that they paid $60 for a game well on UK psn it was nearly £60. Europe is tired of subsidizing American gamers. I’m sick of doing currency conversions but http://www.xe.com is good place for Americans to see they aren’t the ones getting the short end of the stick.

Games released on US psn already get a discount there whereas they aren’t even on our store – Retro City Rampage, CS:GO, Closure, Auditorium HD, Doktoro, Sumioni to name a few – and yet they are hard done to pff

If it’s not that we got a game on sale it’s about our plus – they complain while conveniently forgetting that throughout 2011 and half of 2012 they received nearly twice as much content with their plus than we did – only at E3 did things start to turn around for Europe

Not done yet, loads of avatars people have wanted can be released in the US but not EU – not to mention they get constant discounts on avatars we will NEVER get

pt. 2

so they begrudge our sales – which is what they should have been marked on release considering the $ is worthless compared to other monies around the world and they get games cheaper than we do (AC: Liberation for instance…. not to mention they were selling AC3 for less than $39 this weekend – get over yourself

ThreeWallzz 25 December, 2012 @ 11:32 am   79

i just finished the game and i have to say that it’s The best game i have ever purchased definately a must buy!

Soooo great offers!!! Wish I had known – would at least have bought MOH, Hit man and Far Cry – damn.
Sony please extend offers ;)

Herbal_Medz 29 December, 2012 @ 9:05 am   81

EFS means the languages in the game (hitman) great deals this time round but i will never understand y digital copies cost more then a disc version obviously the disc version cost more 2 manufacture then a digital copie please let me know if iam wrong also y shud we have 2 pay 4 cross controller on the vita 4 little big planet wen the cross controller was the selling point 4 me thats y i got a vita so sony please release more working titles 4 it and make sure we dont have 2 pay extra.

guinness61 31 December, 2012 @ 5:01 pm   82

Where is Spyro HD collection or Crash HD. Theses are PS3 little treasures that would be great to see in the new year.