Posted 12:01pm

PlayStation.Blog Recap

Hey there everybody. Presumably you’ve all dislodged those New Year hangovers and have spent the week in the gym shifting all signs of festive excess? Thought so – well done.

After a relatively quiet fortnight on PlayStation Blog, it will be business as usual from Monday as we properly get stuck into another 12 months of PlayStation gaming. We’ll have updates on some of the big games coming your way later this year and, hopefully, details of the first PSN sale of 2013. Look out for all our regular features to return as well – including your weekly Store update and Weekend Debate.

In the meantime, there’s plenty of catch-up reading for any of you who didn’t manage to check in over the holiday period. Highlights include a photo tour of Media Molecule’s weird and wonderful HQ, a behind-the-scenes look at the recording of Soul Sacrifice’s soundtrack and a massive 2012 round-up including new interviews with the likes of BioShock creator Ken Levine, Borderlands boss Randy Pitchford and numerous other gaming luminaries. Please enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

102 Comments 22 Author replies
Show oldest first

Hi Fred, good year to you too.

I was wondering if you know games that will get remote play in the new year? I have downloaded the Jak and Daxter collection and Sly and I would love to play those on my Vita (we’ve had remote play from other HD collections like God of War and ICO). So I would like to know if more HD collections get a remote play patch. Or other games off course, I know Killzone 3 was showcased at the TGS 2011, so maybe that patch would almost be finished by now?

Fred Dutton 7 January, 2013 @ 9:07 am

No news today – but we’ll announce any news as it come up here on the Blog.

Dino Crisis 1 & 2 Please :)

Happy 2013 to everybody.

Lets hope this will be another great year for Playstation Brand.

Busy playing Assassin’s Creed 3 and Spyro on the Vita.

I remember Spyro playing a lot better when I was a kid. It has been nearly 15 years now. Hard to believe Spyro is 15 years old this year.

This year I hope we get news on PS4 or whatever its named. Also I want to see Legend of Dragoon and the discworld games this year.

I am reading Terry Pratchett’s books at the moment and I would love to play the games.

hey fred, looking forward to the return to normality on the blog next week.
just took the plunge and im starting to play hitman absolution which has started well and i hope it continues:)
also decided to buy farcry 3, as i have said many times i dislike fps games but after hearing from many people who are also not great fans of the fps genre that this game is different i decided to give it a chance, hope i dont regret it.

looking forward to seeing if we will get walking dead in a January sale from Chris, also looking forward to seeing what the first weekend debate of the year is all about.

have a nice weekend folks

supersmith2500 5 January, 2013 @ 1:39 pm   5

Also, if a sale a coming, please include PSVita and PSP games too. Not just PS3.

sithknight666 5 January, 2013 @ 1:46 pm   6

Hi Fred,
For Ps Plus this year, are we to expect all the ps plus content Usa got last year that we didn’t? And vice versa?
Thinking of buying Battlefield 3 premium pack and wondering if it will ever drop in price or a chance of a plus discount?
How about lbp 2 dlc, uncharted 3 dlc, dark void dlc and ass creed revelations dlc going cheap whilst you’re at it?
Cheers, Sith

Fred Dutton 7 January, 2013 @ 9:09 am

Not necessarily. The SCEE Plus team and the SCEA Plus team are separate entities and operate under their own steam. Some games will appear in both territories but many will not.

happy new year fred :) hope this year gets better and better for ps (and that they finally give us versus 13 eh? :) currently waiting for Ni No Kuni, sooo excited! had wizards edition pre ordered since july!
@Lucreto im just finishing terry pratchett’s Snuff (last discworld book so reading it slowly, dont want it to end). discworld 1 game is difficult to get hold of and play on modern computers but 2& noir are available on ps1 and are awesome :) would be even better if they’d put it on psn but dont think theyre too expensive on ebay and well worth getting.

WilliamBirkin 5 January, 2013 @ 2:20 pm   8

Dear SCEE,

Do you guys have any update on patch 1.13 for WKC2? You know we are in 2013!

Gamers are in doubt and we are still supporting the game online but people need this patch now to keep suppoting the game. Help us SCEE.

@mazegami

I am reading Thud at the moment. I love the City Watch books. Can’t wait for the TV series.

OrhuN__06 5 January, 2013 @ 2:36 pm   10

Hey Fred When Will the Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time demo will come out. I can’t even wait for the Demo :D

bennyrafal 5 January, 2013 @ 2:40 pm   11

Dear Sony, God of War Single Player Demo plz, i know it will rock. But i would want to destroy…

Hey Fred, the EU store missed some Rock Band track releases around Xmas and again at New Year, will these be rolled up into the next store update ?

Also, are there any plans to offer a mobile version of the Blog, as per the US ?

Fred Dutton 7 January, 2013 @ 9:11 am

Have you tried the official PlayStation app?

I’ll speak to Jawad about those RB tracks.

bennyrafal 5 January, 2013 @ 3:23 pm   13

Fred, feature request about web store, could you pass this to dev team? i would like to add something like notepad or “want to buy in near future” list.

Could be nice way to help organize “do want things” when hunting on sales bonuses or running low on gray cells

declan__watson 5 January, 2013 @ 4:26 pm   14

Hello Fred
Nice recap, another amaing 12 months it will be for the playstation brand amazing new games on the way like the most anticipated the last of us, god of war assension, Beyond two souls and dust 514. Hope your having a good weekend Fred. Back to buissnes on monday yep, for school for me, college for some and for othersbworking cin offices etc. Do you think it could be possible for a buy-out of CCP games fred, one great game developer for Sony.
Thanks for your time fred. LongLivePlay ;) :)

declan__watson 5 January, 2013 @ 4:26 pm   15

Hello Fred
Thanks for your time fred. LongLivePlay ;) :)

declan__watson 5 January, 2013 @ 4:28 pm   16

Sorry about that didnt think it did it twice. :)

mazegami 5 January, 2013 @ 4:38 pm   17

@Lucreto
Agreed the Watch books are probably the best, although all his books are amazing but Vimes is definitely my favourite :) there’s going to be a tv series?! Gonna have to google that! :)

AeonsDead 5 January, 2013 @ 5:23 pm   18

You know if this blog wasn’t constrained by the fact it is a blog and had some a proper way of archiving, there would be no need for a “recap” post.

Can we please rework this ‘blog’ so it is actually useful and intuitive?

Also, the current archiving technique for this board, in the “choose a category” we need a PSPlus option.

BiGsMoO7ke 5 January, 2013 @ 5:40 pm   19

I don’t know where to ask for this :3
can you please bring Minecraft to the ps3 + ps vita for 2013 :)

ryannumber3gamer 5 January, 2013 @ 5:57 pm   20

First Fred i hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)
Anyway i got some questions.

1.Will the Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Pre-Order costumes be on the PS Store for everyone to be able to get soon?
2.Will the Sly Cooper Thieves In Time demo be coming in January like the US?
3.Is there a date when the Vita version of R&C Qforce comes this month?

Also i agree with the above post about Minecraft, it seems like a very fun game to try out :)

Happy new year everyone!

Really looking forward to the update on the Festival sales with the PSVita deals as promised, as USA got so many during Xmas and EU got none.

Well 2013, a new year to make it up to us EU consumers Sony :-)

Hi Fred.
Any news about this singstar mess? Though I have bought mics and few songs (for my wife, I’m pretty awful singer myself), I’d like to see it gone, hidden into folder instead of being first thing I see when I open my PS3.

And thanks Chris for festival sale, we’re having fun with Rune Factory Oceans! Awesome game for that price!

Still no singstar crap removal? Still no CSGO?

:C

supersmith2500 5 January, 2013 @ 8:54 pm   24

*sigh* Still complaints over this Singstar icon since October? Guys, just get used to it. Not to mention Singstar is a gaming franchise by London Studio. You know how I feel but get used to it. -__-

GenocideHeart 5 January, 2013 @ 9:38 pm   25

@supersmith2500: The Americans actually get a CHOICE of whether to install the damn thing or not. We’re tired of being treated like second class lepers who need to ‘get used to it’. We already get grotesquely overcharged on games because most games have that funny habit of considering the dollar as equal to the euro (protip: it’s not), and now we have to put up with being treated about the same way as a piece of used gum on the soles of Sony’s shoes?

If some malware is installed without your permission on your PC, what do you do with it, do you ‘put up with it’ and leave it be? No, you delete it. The same applies here, especially seeing how I AM DEAF and that icon isn’t just ugly as sin and useless to me, it’s a personal insult much like if I were spitting in your face and smearing said spit all over you. Is it so hard to conceive that a deaf person doesn’t want a damn SINGING GAME shoved in their face everytime they fire up the PS3? It’s kind of like having a KKK icon show up in a black man’s PS3… Think about how poorly that reflects on Sony’s rep. Be considerate of minorities too, at least offer the option to MOVE IT ELSEWHERE.

Before you update the store this week, FIX the incorrect sale prices first! The games on sale have been back to full price even though on the game’s store page it says it’s on sale, here’s an example:

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (Not available in Germany)
Was €39.99/£29.99/AU$49.95 Now €19.99/£15.99/AU$24.95
Additional 10% off for Plus subscribers

declan__watson 5 January, 2013 @ 10:48 pm   27

@genocideheart
I dont know what you are on about? All supersmith has stated is for people to get used to it, it may not be everybodys choice so if so it is then just leave it. I have it, i aint moaning because i think its an ok game. Whats with your comment saying its a personal insult its a game GET OVER IT!
Also dont say silly things like how poorly it reflects sonys rep. Its a lovely game to have, and alot of casual men and women do play this game.
Any way to the haters stop moaning its a game. Not the end of the world.
Sorry for any inconvinience.

THE_FORCE 5 January, 2013 @ 10:59 pm   28

What the [DELETED] is CSGO? Is it some sort of customer support for people on the move?

Project2insanity 5 January, 2013 @ 11:03 pm   29

@GenocideHeart; No disrespect but it’s a ridiculous notion to be insulted by Singstar because you’re deaf. Some people are blind but they don’t complain that images exist on the XMB, some have difficulties reading but don’t complain that text is on the XMB, some are colour-blind but aren’t insulted by colours… I could go on, though I think my point is clear. I’ve no issue with you complaining about something you don’t want but try keep it in perspective.

Glad the PlayStation News is back on monday because it saves me from reading 99% of those DREADFUL so-called gaming sites that are out there :-/ It seems the PS4 hate has started already online?!?! :-( I wish someone at SONY would defend the PlayStation brand online or yet again MicroSoft will have it easy again next Gen(YEP, i blame them & their fans most who run the sites i bet for all of the negative press) Oh well, World War 3 is coming…Happy New year anyway :-D

AeonsDead 5 January, 2013 @ 11:15 pm   31

Hey Frxn, where did you get the saltire avatar from?

another_gamer195 6 January, 2013 @ 12:39 am   32

@Genocideheart.
Well like you were told, GET USED TO IT, (sorry for caps), Yes i agree 100% with your comment, in reply to Both the irksome icons placement, And with The attitude some ‘fans’ have kindly translated, of scee’s ‘apparent’ disregard for a valid complaint, personally it isn’t Just the icon, or the (yet again) no ‘constructive’ addressing of it, by scee, No, IF only it was just those problems, But i, like yourself and a lot of other normal, everyday and ordinary people, can’t help but notice the 2nd class service us EU customers recieve, Mostly allways, as opposed to ‘another’ region/s, how much or how long do we just ‘get used to it’ ?. as the more laid back people suggest. I guess i am just saying it is all the mistakes and dissapointments c/o scee that wind up inside a ‘icon’/other complaining post, But no-one can really write it All, so there’ll be people Still shouting you/others down. turning you into a ‘moaner’, But Seriously, Can they really brush off all the mess that ‘probably’ causes a disgruntled comment in the first place.
Except from those posters who can Never be happy of course.

A_Nonny_Moose 6 January, 2013 @ 1:20 am   33

Any word on when EDF 2017 Portable launches? This week maybe?

R_a_z_i_e_l 6 January, 2013 @ 3:25 am   34

Hey Fred Is the EU/AUS Store definitely getting a big Near Year Vita Sale ? Due to the US getting a Sale for the Vita but the EU/AUS missed out on Vita Discounts

Also Fred do you have any word when Retro City Rampage, Dokuro, and JAZZ: Trumps Journey Will be out yet ? It has been a few months with no mention or word from you guys about these games and info about the Vita Sales.

Fred Dutton 7 January, 2013 @ 9:30 am

There is a new sale planned for this week. The list of deals is still TBC, but there may well be some Vita titles discounted.

RCR is very close! No word on Dokuro or Jazz I’m afraid.

ShizzleDizzle574 6 January, 2013 @ 4:43 am   35

why does my ps3 keep telling me my psn has timed out im [DELETED] do we have to pay to play now?

THE_FORCE 6 January, 2013 @ 9:19 am   36

Fred I need you to do this, then I need you to do that. Then….when you’re done doing that can you tell me why they’ve got this and we haven’t? Oh and while we’re on the subject I reaaallly think we need a discount for this because them over there got it cheaper than us the other day.

And why haven’t I got this yet? It’s a joke!

Fred are you listening….Fred? FRED ?…..FRREEEEEEDDD !!!!!

@THE_FORCE

lol.

its funny because fred is the blog manager not the head of scee, all he can do is feedback peoples concerns and issues and wait to see if his superiors take heed and implement any changes, yet in some posts in the past i have seen him accused of being a liar and people acting like he has personally placed the singstar icon on the desktop.

Hexahedronaut 6 January, 2013 @ 12:06 pm   38

Hey happy new year Fred would be pretty cool to have your opinion on this.. here it goes. the PSN has some unique games journey, unfinished swan to name a few that are well just fantastic. Polytron has announced they’re bringing FEZ to more platforms this year, Sony should really think about trying to get that game on PSN it would fit perfectly easily my game of 2012 (hence my username). any chance this will happen?

Fred Dutton 7 January, 2013 @ 9:17 am

No idea I’m afraid! Suffice to say the relevant people here will be well aware what a great game it is. There may be legal/business constraints at play, but you never know, it could happen.

THE_FORCE 6 January, 2013 @ 12:26 pm   39

@Hayzink. I know mate. I wouldn’t have his patience to be honest! I’d have to tell someone their fortune on a daily basis. :/

Anyways, hope your New Year is being good to you Hayzink. Best of luck for 2013. :)

GenocideHeart 6 January, 2013 @ 1:04 pm   40

@declan__watson: Oh, I am sure it’s a lvely game to have – for those who actually USE it. For all others, it-s just an obnoxious, ugly icon that’s hard-locked where it is. At the very bare minimum, let me stuff it in a folder out of the way instead of aggressively shoving it in my face whenever I scroll to the Games column. I haven’t bought anything for Singstar since October, my family doesn’t care for it either, and all it does is take up space and irritate me into buying less and less from Sony.

It’s a simple equation. I can move the icon elsewhere out of my sight = I’m happier = I’m more likely to buy = more profit for Sony. Conversely, I can’t move the icon = I grow more and more irritable = I buy less as protest = Sony gets less money.

You’d think speaking with my wallet would hit where it hurts, but apparently SCEE simply doesn’t want to make money – something which I should have known already given how they treat EU customers like trash, giving us crap for PS2 classics, overcharging to high heaven, with games missing from the Store and with ridiculous delays on games that have been out in America forever now like CS: GO. Bad Sony, bad!

abdirizak007 6 January, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   41

Hi Fred i’m back wen do we get the Sly demo i have waitng 1 year now please give os the demo the full game is comming februar 5! :”( please Fred

GenocideHeart 6 January, 2013 @ 1:18 pm   42

@Project2insanity: I’d agree with you except this isn’t an isolated case. Do you have any idea how many devs ignore the problem and do things/make games that are downright deaf-unfriendly and even unusable unless you actually can hear things?

I’m tired of the tendency of a lot of companies and publishers to not show even a modicum of respect. Subtitles are becoming common not because of consideration towards hearing-impaired gamers, but because it’s cheaper than paying for VAs, and the presence of sound cues in way too many games even now is proof of that. And now I have to tolerate a game that’s COMPLETELY deaf-unfriendly being forced on my system? I’m sorry, I paid good money for my system, and if I don’t want spam on it, I DON’T WANT SPAM ON IT. Don’t like that, then gift me the system. I’ll only allow it when I DON’T pay for the system it’s installed on.

DAVIE222 6 January, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   43

Back from holiday :D hi fred

DAYDANNY666 6 January, 2013 @ 1:33 pm   44

unhappy with the ps store, need for speed most wanted £59.99 what a rip off. tesco have it £30
getting from there, as the store price are sky high, download speed sucks, store dose not have friendly user interface hard fo use, slow, and every single shop is cheaper. also this ps vita browser is crapper than the ps3 and he blog submit button not work

ashton_philip 6 January, 2013 @ 2:03 pm   45

Is it possible to have a Persona 4: Golden demo on the Vita to tide people over during the period up until Feb 22? I wanna get a feel for the game before its release, just thought I’d enquire any answer would be valued!

Fred Dutton 7 January, 2013 @ 9:18 am

That’s up to the publisher I’m afraid. I’ve not heard anything at present.

ashton_philip 6 January, 2013 @ 2:14 pm   46

Just to say as well, happy new year to everyone in the PS team and all the people who comment in the blogs! Super excited for 2013 as a gaming year – Last of us, Beyond, Ni No Kuni, Soul Sacrifice, and GOW Ascension, Bioshock:Infinite,MGS:Rising and Tomb Raider are top of my list games wise, not to mention *PS4* Possibly but nonetheless a packed Q1 and 2 gonna be difficult to choose what to buy in these first two quarters as there is just so much to buy!

NoobBlast 6 January, 2013 @ 2:44 pm   47

I have some questions about the latest firmware “degrade”:

1.) Why is the new PSN Shop so slow?
2.) If you check a trophy ingame, why does it sync for 5 mins and no option to cancel it?
3.) Why is the online PSN shop only compatible with 1 out of 10 browsers? (Doesent work on any Android one. Chrome, Opera, Mozilla, Dolphin, Firefox +++) It also doesent work in Opera and several other browsers on PC. I think the shop only works in newest IE.

NoobBlast 6 January, 2013 @ 2:51 pm   48

I stopped buying any games on PS3 until the 5 minute delay ingame on trophy sync is fixed. Buying all games games on 360 until it’s fixed.

@NoobBlast

go to your trophy icon press triangle and switch to offline mode.

problem solved no longer syncs every time you click on it.

NoobBlast 6 January, 2013 @ 3:32 pm   50

@Hayzink: Thanks alot for the help. :-)
I did what you said, and now its back to how it was earlier.

Now i hope they are making their online PSN shop compatible with most web browsers as its way too slow to use the store on PS3 anymore.

Have a nice day, and thanks again! :-)

another_gamer195 6 January, 2013 @ 5:34 pm   51

Did the price of RE Racoon City ever get put to it’s advertised ‘Festive Sale’ price yet, ?. it was allways showing up at 26£ instead of £14, haven’t checked it for a while but it Was at the wrong price for ages. So it’s probably same. Didn’t a similar thing happen to That game a while back as well, that time when they made mistake with Dead Rising OTR, when people got it for about a fiver for few days by mistake, and Fred made that False post about it/other mispriced items, by false i mean he Lied, or was accused of, but i guess all’s he had to do is say he was given the wrong info, easy innit, that’s when i admited that there wasn’t going to be no miracle return to the good times, like was promised, instead they (scee) opted for a manager who could just handle the spin better, just hoping i (we) can start fresh with next gen, as this one has really hit bottom, just hasn’t been the same since that other OS, ultimatum, guess that was the beginning of the end, for ps3, just hoping ps4 can put a smile back on our faces. and till then for some good sales, psp/ ps1 and good psn games in Jan sale, (for starters, lol).

I must express how unsatisfied I am with the WB games from Plus. Tried the Guardians of Middle-earth recently and what theoretically could be a good game, is ruined by an incredible network code.

A normal game runs up to 20 minutes, I never got a game running faster than within 12 minutes. So this alone is already a shameful performance.

But those disconnect issues within a running game are really just unacceptable. I had to quit the last game because it tried to “resynchronize” for an eternity. And even if I have no issues myself, it is very likely that someone else will have, with the result that this person is forced to quit which ruins the balance in the game.
Two days and I didn’t manage one “normal”, joyful game

So that’s one thing. But Gotham City Imposters is from the very same developer and as I heard is burdened with the very same network code issues. And the developers abandoned that game in it’s state to create GoME … marvelous.

supersmith2500 6 January, 2013 @ 7:06 pm   53

@Golwar:
Have to agree with you there. The only good games I like from WB Games is the two Batman Arkham games, FEAR3 and Mortal Kombat but the rest were just mediocre while some were just bad. I played on Guardians and I could not connect to a single game and I waited for 5 minutes just to connect to a game and failed to. Know why? Too many people play on Black Ops II so not every game in IGC is perfect. Chronovolt from playerthree got me bored but I wanted JSR instead of Chronovolt but it least JSR on Vita it’s going to be free for Plus members soon which is good and it’s a much better game so hope to see much better games for PS3 and Vita soon. I would be real happy if RCR is out this month and becomes free next month and WipEout 2048. I would be real happy.

@Golwar

glad i saw your post as i was thinking of firing up gome but if it plays like that i wont bother as i dont want a game in my trophy list im never able to play.

with regards to vita wipeout would be nice next month, id also like to put another tick in the box for disgaea 3 to be added to the igc in the future.

supersmith2500 6 January, 2013 @ 9:59 pm   55

@hayzink:
Oh and here’s one perfect that might be awesome for Vita’s IGC. Blazblue.

salvogdaze 7 January, 2013 @ 7:46 am   56

@genocideheart: They should impelement a way to remove it – no question about it. Maybe Sony’s trying to be cute by offering SingStar and it could be a nice gesture to see a game in your brand new ps3 right out of the box, but since you own the hardware, you’ve got to have the option to remove a game you don’t use and personally find the slightest bit disturbing/insulting (be it an over the top reaction or not). While I don’t care much about having to keep the icon there, I care about not people’s right to not be forced to see/do something. It’s a simple option to add and it seems to be [DELETED] off a lot of users, so why pursue unless there’s some sort of contract behind this.

suomenargie 7 January, 2013 @ 9:39 am   57

Any news about Netflix app for Vita in EU serviced countries (Finland)? I really don’t get why we haven’t gotten it yet.

Bumblebee 7 January, 2013 @ 9:44 am   58

All this SingStar controversy is ridiculous… I LOVE the game; I bought it when it was first released and WOULD have welcomed the XMB version… IF it worked correctly.

As an owner of the disc version, I’m not happy that:

- I can’t use my created players in the XMB version; they are not even listed
- I can’t create players with the same name as previously created players [from the disc version] with the XMB version;
- I can’t use my custom wallpapers in the XMB version;
- The trophies are now a total mess as I have two entries for SingStar trophies now and they are so different and I don’t think I’ll be able to achieve any more of the “old version” (WHY ARE THERE TWO SETS FOR ESSENTIALLY THE SAME GAME?)
- The song updates are appalling, as if nobody on the SingStar team has ANY idea of what PS3 owners would actually want (e.g. Cliff Richard “I Just Don’t Have The Heart”; WHO WOULD WANT THAT?)
- There is no place for feedback, bug reporting or communication with the team any more as they would rather stick their heads in the sand and keep putting out poor updates.

LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS, SONY.

Bumblebee 7 January, 2013 @ 9:58 am   59

Also this year Sony, why not try adding some useful features to Vita.

Examples:

- Alarm clock function. I have a dock; can’t I have a feature where it displays the time when plugged in & charging, and an alarm clock function? This is such a simple oversight, it’s ridiculous it’s not in there.

- PS Blog/forum apps. Increase connectivity and communication between Sony and the customers. This has totally gone out of the window this generation. Do one that works too, unlike the Android app where commenting totally fails.

- A “Swype” style keyboard. Typing is old hat now. I can swipe-to-type on my Sony phone. Why not on Vita?

- Improve connectivity with PS3. Not just “Remote Play” (which is a total fail as there are hardly any games that work with it) but also backing up data is SO not user-friendly. I can’t even see a list of games I’ve already got backed up. Ridiculous. Who designed this interface? Stevie Wonder?

Bumblebee 7 January, 2013 @ 9:59 am   60

- BRING BACK REMOTE PLAY TO PSN STORE PLEASE. In fact the “new” PSN Store needs scrapping and rebuilding. It is a total let-down; SO slow compared to the old version. Not just the delay after pushing a button; even adding something to the cart is a long-winded process now.

- In fact you really need to synchronise the design of the UI across devices; so the PS3 store looks like the Vita store and vice versa; and the same goes for the UI – ditch the awful bubbles, give us an XMB!

- I have so many more ideas should you need to hire a consultant. Because at the moment your lot really don’t seem to have a clue.

Next gen, why not hire some people who are passionate about GAMES? Because currently, your systems are not designed for gamers, or people who regularly use consoles. You seem to have an attitude of “ah, it will do” rather than “LET’S BE ASTOUNDING”.

GANTZn00b 7 January, 2013 @ 10:03 am   61

please remove the singstar icon already, its been alot of pain and discomform using my ps3 by now, i need it gone from my consoles ASAP

Will you release your own Pulse App in EU for your own Wireless Pulse headset?

happy new year Fred wishing you the best.

I have a query or 2 have you heard anything at all on the status of FFXHD.

is there any plans for legend of dragoon for the EU/Australia store.

Fred Dutton 7 January, 2013 @ 11:31 am

No update on Dragoon today I’m afraid, and Square haven’t said anything about FFXHD recently, as far as I’ve seen.

Skookie30 7 January, 2013 @ 11:10 am   64

“Not necessarily. The SCEE Plus team and the SCEA Plus team are separate entities and operate under their own steam. [Some games will appear in both territories but many will not.]”

2013 will be the same shabby treatment from SCEE even when the so-called new console whatever it called SCEA will have more features then us they will have more games then us you as fools will have to folk out over 300 quid for. Crappy service.

The latest rumour I heard is the new console wont have BC it been confirmed.

Will you confirmed it Fred or is it just a rumour? :|

Because I never say never I’m still sitting on the fence to decide to buy 1 or not more infor is required first. :)

Fred Dutton 7 January, 2013 @ 11:26 am

No comment on rumour and speculation.

You thought EU Plus was ‘shabby’ this year? We’ll have to agree to disagree there I think. I’d argue the service offered exemplary value for money, whether compared to the US Plus service or not.

Skookie30 7 January, 2013 @ 11:17 am   65

“Before I start once more about PSP Lego Batman or the horrible Chronovault, I’ll rest my case with: Be more careful with the games you pick.”

I still have not download the chronovault but I’m read good reviews by ppl, but I agree with the rest of your post I hope 2013 is better then last year let Sony prove me wrong above post I can taste humble pie too.

But we shall see. You said in a other post you too want want a global store me too. :)

Skookie30 7 January, 2013 @ 11:41 am   66

I’m not just talking about the plus games if it was so bad I let my sub run out & not resub it back.

I do say plus is better before you lot decide to relaunch plus, the latest rumour I read today is Sony are going to do close door session with the Devs before the new console.

Like I said prove me wrong the devil is in the details, you exhaust all features that I can think off for the ps3 the lat feature I can think off for ps3 & new console is that cloud gaming service.

As this week is the start off CES-2013 in NA. :)

FOX_CYBORGNINJA 7 January, 2013 @ 12:55 pm   67

Hello fred merry chrismas/happy new year i hope you and the team had a good holidays keep up the good work i have a two questions
do you know if the GRAY FOX skin for METAL GEAR RISING is going to be available here in australia and also if the was any plans to
include him in PLAYSTATION ALL STARS thanks in advance

THE_FORCE 7 January, 2013 @ 1:53 pm   68

Skookie I see you have an English flag next to your name, but I couldn’t understand any of what you wrote. What language is that?

Project2insanity 7 January, 2013 @ 2:50 pm   69

@THE_FORCE; Woah there, nelly, that ain’t an English flag!

@Skookie30; I wouldn’t bother about rumours. Until Sony reveal PS4ever (fingers crossed for royalties), nothing’s official. Whilst there have been issues at SCEE, I think a lot of it has been down to consumer speculation ie many of us blame SCEE even when it isn’t their fault. Of course, this doesn’t excuse when it is but some things, such as delays, are inevitable.

supersmith2500 7 January, 2013 @ 4:33 pm   70

Fred, whilest you’re here, any words about the sale with PSP & Vita content coming soon?

Fred Dutton 7 January, 2013 @ 4:51 pm   71

There is a new sale starting up later this week. It’s largely PS3 focussed however. We’ll have some Vita discounts for you soon enough, I’m sure.

well another year another continuation off missing content and a horrible services seems there is little 2 look forward 2 when it comes 2 SCEE europe accept another year off more disappointments and failures.
just looking at the whole christmas sales and constant missing store update that U.S store seems 2 actually get even if it’s stuff that europe alrdy has how about you guys actually do your job and get that army off missing content 2 europe instead off being payed for doing nothing.

and skookie30 is right our PSplus does suck compared 2 U.S but it also sucked as a basic thing cause everything you get you don’t own and it’s always a whole lot less than U.S keeps getting from discounts 2 content.

supersmith2500 7 January, 2013 @ 5:02 pm   73

@Fred:
Well we did have a couple of sales but the festive sale and the 12 deals of Christmas last year had no Vita/PSP content what so ever, deals were weak and few games were games way back in 2008. The Vita needs more love badly by having it’s own share in the sale. I love the Vita but I hate to see it poorly handled for Europe. It’s a great system and it doesn’t deserve to be like that and what I love to see is the price slash on the memory cards and the system itself and even sales for it’s own games such as Gravity Rush and even Uncharted and of course WipEout 2048. You’ll get more owners and tone down the complaints.

Fred Dutton 7 January, 2013 @ 5:06 pm

Sure, we hear you. Like I said, we’ll have some good Vita deals before too long, hold tight.

@fred

nice to hear the sale is so soon :)

i just hope the most requested sale item on the blog is included.

the walking dead.

seen more requests for that than any other game in the last few months so surely its time.

fingers crossed

Fred Dutton 7 January, 2013 @ 5:17 pm

As much as I hate to dissapoint you, I’m afraid I have to dissapoint you :(

@supersmith2500

i dont really see the big deal with the memory cards now tbh.

you can buy a 16gb for around £35 which can fit a decent enough amount of titles onto.apple charge £50+ more to go from a 16gb model to a 32gb model so i dont see sonys offering as terrible when you consider it proprietary memory.

i was thinking of buying another card but have decided to go down the route of take what im not playing off the card and put it back on later. as someone said before you cant play everything at once anyway.

i only have 1 16gb card btw.

@Fred

nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

i have £30 in my wallet and i really want to buy it but it must be due a discount soon and id be well annoyed if i bought it full price just before a price drop.
im now caught playing that kind of waiting game wanting a sale and i just keep waiting and my desire to play the game just keeps growing, i want to just bite the bullet and buy it :)
but if it goes on sale next month :(

what to do ;)

Fred Dutton 7 January, 2013 @ 5:32 pm   77

The January Sale will be in 3 instalments over 3 weeks. Walking Dead is not currently down for any of them – so there likely won’t be a discount for a bit.

Though that is subject to late change of course.

Any news on the singstar singspam ad-aware?

Player42791 7 January, 2013 @ 5:51 pm   79

@Fred

Any idea if the Kingdoms of Amalur DLC is included in the sale or if Chris can get some of it thrown in?

THE_FORCE 7 January, 2013 @ 6:01 pm   80

@Project2insanity – darned it. I keep forgetting the fact that we’re still collectively ‘British’. Maybe he/she is from Wales? That would explain it. 8-)

@THE_FORCE

lol, you crack me up on here :)

glad you said Wales and not Scotland ;)

THE_FORCE 7 January, 2013 @ 6:40 pm   82

No way hayzink. I love Scotland! (And the Scots) It’s my plan to retire to the highlands. Clean, friendly people, most stunning scenery and less traffic on the roads! I’m there. 8-)

@THE_FORCE

well you will love me :) ;)

however im from what seems to be the least liked part of scotland glorious glasgow which if you listen to grant Mitchell is the the worst city he has ever been too lol

CharlieDresden 7 January, 2013 @ 7:02 pm   84

Hello there!
Does anyone has any idea, when the Zone of enders HD remake is going to be released on ps VITA?
Long ago i played ZOE demo on my friend’s PS2 and i absolutely loved it. So now i cant wait to see it on my handheld.

@ CharlieDresden

by doing a quick google on this one it seems to suggest that it may have been cancelled.

Skookie30 7 January, 2013 @ 7:26 pm   86

Christ sake I’m for England if you meaning the word sub & resub it sub short for subscribe fancy that you saying the Union Jack is a England flag.

Before you cry foul do you research first it called flaming ppl google the word flamed & ppl as [ppl] is short for people.

Anyhow I’m like plus but whatever I like it or not its true SCEA get more plus games & discounts that the facts. :P

Project2insanity 7 January, 2013 @ 7:27 pm   87

@hayzink; Well, Grant Mitchell is a tube. Cannae beat a guid wee night oot in Glesga. Unless ye get chibbed, of course…

TrickishDcnc 7 January, 2013 @ 8:02 pm   88

Happy new year Fred :) I tried to post from PlayStation app on my phone but its not appeared here so i ll try it on pc. Is there any news on release date for Kat and Emmet characters DLC for Playstation all stars battle royale. Really love this game and cant wait is the dlc for both ps vita and ps3 ?

TINTINTB303 7 January, 2013 @ 9:01 pm   89

Lol!! Makes me laugh to see people in the EU saying that the US gets better PS+ content.

People in the US are constantly moaning that EU has better PS+ content!!

All in all I think that the EU PS+ content is LOADS better than that of our US counterparts ;-)

The complaints reflect this too. Only a small number of people are complaining over here in the EU BUT most PS+ subbers in the US are complaining about the EU being better.

That speaks volumes IMHO.

Why can’t people just be happy with the great PS+ service we have rather than picking holes saying things like:

“Yeah but the US has X,Y and Bl00dy Z”

Sound like a bunch of moaning teenagers!!! :-D

@TINTINTB303

you should know by now that you could combine the eu and the us plus offerings and some people would still be unhappy.

for the record i think the eu plus offerings have been fantastic, not every game suits my personal tastes but that does not stop me recognising that there fantastic games.

FOX_CYBORGNINJA 8 January, 2013 @ 5:19 am   91

Hello again fred i know it must be very busy to try and reply to everyone’s questions but if you or someone else can tell me if the GRAY FOX skin for METAL GEAR RISING is going to be available in australia.

FOX_CYBORGNINJA 8 January, 2013 @ 5:29 am   92

whoop’s it got submitted before i was finished can anyone tell my if a GRAYFOX skin could come to playstation all stars battle royale
and if there was any chance for the broken sword games to come to the ps1 classics

Fred Dutton 8 January, 2013 @ 10:10 am

Apologies, I don’t have answers for you on these – the skin release is a Q for Konami; nothing to announce re. new All Stars content today; Broken Sword – it’s certainly possible, but nothing to announce right now. Sorry I can’t be more helpful!

THE_FORCE 8 January, 2013 @ 7:38 am   93

Hey TINTIN how’s trix?

Skookie, sorry but I still can’t understand half of what you’re on about. ‘Cry Foul’ ? Are you using a translator from the medieval ages ? Thou hath maketh thine loleth! :)

TINTINTB303 8 January, 2013 @ 9:28 am   94

@hayzink

Lol, that is sad but true. In fact I asked Voodoo the other month (he was complaining about PS+ as per usual) that would he be happy if every game in the PS3s back catalogue was made available??

He dodged the question and continued complaining… ;-)

Has anyone seen Voodoo or is he a man of his word and let his PS+ sub run out and left the forums forever??? :-D

@FORCE

Hey there matey. I’m all good thanks.
I know it’s only just turned 2013 but I hope the New Year has been kind to you and yours? :-)

Haven’t seen you around the Vita forums much lately!?

Your presence is greatly missed bud. We need people like you with a bit of common sense to keep us all in check!! ;-)

TINTINTB303 8 January, 2013 @ 9:32 am   95

@ Skookie

No offence but I have to agree that I have always had troubles trying to fully understand/decode your posts!!

Is English your first language? (serious question. I’m not taking the p!ss.) :-)

Catkiller1 8 January, 2013 @ 9:58 am   96

LOL, some of you crack me up! ;)

Catkiller1 8 January, 2013 @ 10:02 am   97

@ FRED

Any chance of a huge discount or free for PLUS with regards to Retro City Rampage?

Only asking, as it’s free for US PLUS & has had a discount recently & we haven’t had the title released over here yet! Takes the micky if it’s released at full price.

I’m glad The Hitman HD Trilogy is released soon & at a decent price. I still have my fingers crossed for Timesplitters but judging by the petition requirements, I sadly doubt it :(

Fred Dutton 8 January, 2013 @ 10:08 am

Hey there CK. Any Plus discount will be up to the developer, and I haven’t heard what the plans are yet.

I’ve said it before, but as a rule US Plus and EU Plus do operate separately of each other, so don’t always expect deals to be replicated in both regions.

Catkiller1 8 January, 2013 @ 10:24 am   98

@ FRED

I understand that we probably wouldn’t receive RCR free for PLUS due to this months releases but surely a standard discount for all, considering the title has been released & had a standard discount over in the US. By your comment I would assume it’s releasing with the £10.99 price tag or thereabouts? Slightly disappointed & i’ll wait it out then :( I also understand about the Region differences etc. I just thought it would be a……(how to put it nicely??) slap in the face that we’ve had to wait for this release & it’s already been discounted within the US.

Sorry for moaning, just slightly disappointed that’s all, as i’ve been waiting for this title & I should have picked it up from the US when the discount was applied!

I have researched on upcoming titles within 2013 & this is going to be a great year. I just bought the MOVE again mainly for the kids & wife, after ditching it early last year. I’m hoping for more MOVE enabled titles this year & my eldest two are enjoying Just Dance Kids & Toy Story Mania. Just need to find the time over the weekend for them to try the Wonderbook.

Great stuff indeed.

Take care!

@ Catkiller1

im skipping rcr due to the Developers poor handling of the psn eu version of the title.
the developers themselves stated they were the ones that caused the delay not scee and after all the delays to then decide to release the game after it has came out on xbla and wiiware is just a bad move and shows that we were the least important customer base on there radar and its at times like that i will vote with my wallet.

i contacted the dev via twitter about my thoughts on this move.
poor show.

Catkiller1 8 January, 2013 @ 11:27 am   100

@ Hayzink

I think i’ll do the same, unless there’s a substantial discount, this title will be VOID!

Good to see that Star Trek The Next Generation Pinball Table is releasing soon, for Pinball Arcade :)

The Cave is a strong title for this month that i’ll be keeping my eye on & Dance Magic looks like Bust A Groove in HD! (Loved that title & it’s sequel on the PS1)

Hinoon59 8 January, 2013 @ 3:31 pm   101

what is the code for day 6 divinezero ??

Project2insanity 8 January, 2013 @ 7:49 pm   102

@THE_FORCE; I implore you to post in medieval fashion on this blog forevermore. Seriously!