Posted 5 January
Hey there everybody. Presumably you’ve all dislodged those New Year hangovers and have spent the week in the gym shifting all signs of festive excess? Thought so – well done.
After a relatively quiet fortnight on PlayStation Blog, it will be business as usual from Monday as we properly get stuck into another 12 months of PlayStation gaming. We’ll have updates on some of the big games coming your way later this year and, hopefully, details of the first PSN sale of 2013. Look out for all our regular features to return as well – including your weekly Store update and Weekend Debate.
In the meantime, there’s plenty of catch-up reading for any of you who didn’t manage to check in over the holiday period. Highlights include a photo tour of Media Molecule’s weird and wonderful HQ, a behind-the-scenes look at the recording of Soul Sacrifice’s soundtrack and a massive 2012 round-up including new interviews with the likes of BioShock creator Ken Levine, Borderlands boss Randy Pitchford and numerous other gaming luminaries. Please enjoy!
- 12 Deals Of Christmas – The final deal in the (now concluded) 12 Deals of Christmas promotion revealed!
- Happy holidays from the Community team – Enjoy this year’s video message from the Community teams based here in London!
- Merry Christmas from LittleBigPlanet! – The LittleBigPlanet team has some festive cheer to spread around the LBP community, including some wonderful levels and a few other treats for everyone.
- Happy holidays from Guerrilla! – Check out the holiday card from the makers of the Killzone series.
- Happy Christmas from PlayStation Blog! – We here at the PlayStation Blog share our Christmas wishes and some interesting stats and highlights from the past year.
- A Christmas gift from Media Molecule – The makers of Tearaway share a fun holiday craft project: make your own Papercraft Elk!
- Happy holidays from Naughty Dog! – The makers of The Last of Us and Uncharted share their holiday card and a look ahead to 2013.
- Happy holidays from Evolution Studios – The Motorstorm team at Evolution Studios shares their picks for the gaming highlights of 2012.
- Inside the weird, wonderful world of Media Molecule – The makers of LittleBigPlanet and Tearaway share photos from inside their totally unique studio.
- The music of Soul Sacrifice – This new video takes you behind the scenes at Skywalker Sound for the making of the music of Soul Sacrifice.
- VidZone: 2012 review – aka The List Edition – Discover VidZone’s highlights of 2012, including the most watched videos of the year, the artist of the year and more.
- Happy holidays from SuperBot Entertainment! – The makers of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale share their video greeting.
- Happy Christmas from the When Vikings Attack! team – The team at Clever Beans shares its holiday card and a look back at 2012.
- Evolution Studios’ end-of-year picture quiz challenge! – How many famous video game characters can you identify just by looking at their silhouettes?
- The year in review: Media Molecule, Guerrilla, Naughty Dog and more look back at 2012 – Contributors from Irrational Games, Naughty Dog, SCEE and more share their highlights of 2012 in the world of gaming and beyond.
- 13 reasons to be excited about 2013 – The year ahead of us holds huge promise, from Puppeteer to God of War: Ascension and more.