Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 12:00pm

Video Store update 7th January 2013

Happy New Year everyone! I would like to share three new Video Store releases with you this week:

Lockout

Lockout – Lockout follows a falsely convicted ex-government agent (Pearce), whose one chance at obtaining freedom lies in the dangerous mission of rescuing the President’s daughter (Grace) from rioting convicts at an outer space maximum security prison.

Available to buy in Australia from AU$24.99 and to rent from AU$5.99

Take This Waltz

Take This Waltz – When Margot (Michelle Williams) meets Daniel (Luke Kirby), their chemistry is intense and immediate. But Margot suppresses her sudden attraction; she is happily married to Lou (Seth Rogen), a cookbook writer.

Available to rent in the UK and Australia, priced from £3.49/AU$5.99

Hit & Run

Hit & Run – A former bank robber, Charlie Bronson (Dax Shepard), living in a small California town with his girlfriend, Annie (Kristen Bell), decides to leave witness protection to help her reach her dream job in L.A. But Annie’s nosey ex (Michael Rosenbaum) sends Charlie’s former accomplices (led by Bradley Cooper) and bumbling protective U.S. Marshal (Tom Arnold) in hot pursuit. Their trip quickly turns from a leisurely drive into raucous, high-speed comedic mayhem.

Available to buy in Australia from 9th January 2013, priced AU$24.99. Releases 18th February in UK.

All titles are available from PlayStation Store in glorious 1080p HD!

Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

17 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Hi Laure,
Any chance we’ll see the video store available in other regions soon, specifically Israel? The iTunes music & video store has opened a few weeks ago for Israel and I believe Sony’s shop would offer a competition :)

Hopefully this won’t be the only update today – let’s hear about games rather than questionably priced video content! Happy New Year all :)

SamiFFXII 7 January, 2013 @ 1:22 pm   3

Not only are all these B-list films, but look at the prices. It’s no wonder pirating is rampant, i’ll stick to Netflix thanks lol.

must agree with other comments. you actively encourage pirating with these ridiculous over pricing films. your not happy at making a profit you want to make a killing i’ll stick to netflix and lovefilm two company’s you can’t compete with..

Project2insanity 7 January, 2013 @ 2:31 pm   5

@andycass & SamiFFXII; Isn’t a tad ironic you both suggest this encourages piracy yet you both state you just stick with competitors? Surely you should say it encourages going to the competition? Don’t try to justify piracy.

Wraith_Bringer 7 January, 2013 @ 2:36 pm   6

Hi there,

I’m really getting tired of asking but can someone please tell me when The Big Bang Theory season 6 episodes are going to be on the store? They’ve aired 12 episodes before Christmas and none are on the store…

Please tell me, or I’m just going to buy them on Blu-Ray when the full season comes out.

Thanks.

@ Project2insanity…. no what i’m saying is that if its fairly priced then most people are happy to pay..netflix and lovefilm combined are £11 per month. Sony charge that for a few rentals..

Project2insanity 7 January, 2013 @ 3:01 pm   8

@andycass; My apologies, I may have phrased it poorly. I understood what you meant and I agree the cost is high but as far as I’ve seen, one-off purchases/rentals usually are. Subscriptions manage a massive improvement just like you said.

If it clears up my last post, I was meaning it’s best not to suggest piracy as an option because that’s the kind of excuse pirates want.

evilwitch83 7 January, 2013 @ 4:05 pm   9

@andycass & SamiFFXII
Not everyone can use services like lovefilm and netflix.

I just wait for the dvd or blu ray to go on sale, or watch them when they come on tv.

SamiFFXII 7 January, 2013 @ 7:34 pm   10

No one is encouraging piracy, i’m merely stating why piracy occurs when content is priced at this amount especially considering these films aren’t even popular or critically well received. Anyway, if Sony wants to truly attain it’s Entertainment Network then it has to improve it’s pricing strategy in order to retain us PS Plus and Playstation users as customers for all their services. At the moment, only reason i’m using their Music Unlimited is due to the massive discount, but it is not worth paying over a £100 for, considering the iOS app doesn’t even have an offline mode. I digress.

SamiFFXII 7 January, 2013 @ 7:37 pm   11

@evilwitch83 Your reasoning doesn’t justify this level of pricing, if anything it’s illustrating Sony are using penetrative pricing in order to take advantage of consumers who don’t have any other options. Credit to them, they’re a business, but if a consumer is sensible then look elsewhere.

evilwitch83 7 January, 2013 @ 8:45 pm   12

@SamiFFX11
I know it doesn’t. I think the prices from Sony are terrible, but I was just trying to point out to you that not everyone has the option of netflix and lovefilm.

staaltje 8 January, 2013 @ 4:15 am   13

What is Video Store? ^^

cowbanana 8 January, 2013 @ 8:58 am   14

Sony, when is it going to seep through your thick skulls, that all regions should have the same services available to them? I don’t care about an overpriced video store one bit, you can keep that! But where’s the YouTube app for my Vita?

Every single iOS/Android device available here has a YouTube app. Why the hell can’t you manage something that simple on the Vita? I know the app is available elsewhere, why don’t you pull the finger out and get it done?

I really like my Vita, but I hate the inept incompetence on show from SCEE. You rarely get anything right.

13 = hahaha ( i have other service them to long waited bi not giving corect service in al contry )
Games to expensif ( max 59€ )corect way of geting on market = ff online 100-120 € liftime = jes
Sony gone loose biger biger until them lissen
100 digital/ retail
Lots piracy u say = lots peopel not want even some games free
also 12 month not 4/6
i hate on ps3 = move-3d-spelbook- 12gb ps3- spamstar- no dowloading in backgroand -ps3 sen shop- onlinepas.
ps4 above 500 € = no
ps4 always online needed + tags id ore tag console games = no
ps4 not ps3 compatibel = 2 jears later + after price drop

Catkiller1 8 January, 2013 @ 11:30 am   16

If you research enough, you can purchase the majority of these releases on Blu Ray for similar prices!

cowbanana 8 January, 2013 @ 1:46 pm   17

Yep, BluRay is far superior and cheaper if you know where to look or bother to spend 5 minutes browsing.

“All titles are available from PlayStation Store in glorious 1080p HD!”

1080p is no indication of quality. These video store downloads don’t measure up to retail BluRay at all, very far from it. Resolution means nothing when you compress the video stream to hell with a low bitrate. 1080p alone is meaningless as a measure of quality.