God of War: Ascension PS Plus beta starts today
All PlayStation Plus members can download the beta software from the PSN store today. If you have opted in for auto-download direct to your console, you will have the beta file ready for you soon in the XMB under the “Games” tab. Just click it to instantly boot up and get to the action!
This beta is your opportunity to share your opinion, inspire change and ensure we hear you. Visit our official open beta forums; your feedback is vital.
You should also visit our official GodofWar.com website where we’ve just launched a suite of new beta strategy sections: God profiles, basic and intermediate Tips you won’t find in-game, and your keys to victory in each mode.
Our multiplayer beta is a slice of the full-game experience, here’s what you’ll see featured:
- God Allegiances: Zeus and Ares (two of four)
- Modes: Team Favor of the Gods, Capture The Flag, Favor of the Gods (Deathmatch)
- Maps: Desert of Lost Souls (large map) & Forum of Hercules (arena)
- Vast amount of weapons, armors, magic, relics and God items to customise and earn
- Ascend to Level 30 – can you do it during the short beta period?!
- VoIP – bust out those headphones and mics, team strategies are crucial (especially in CTF)
This is God of War, PlayStation Nation; one does not simply walk into the Ascension multiplayer beta and think it ends there. Here are few things not in the beta that will of course be in the final shipped game this 13th March:
- God Allegiances Hades and Poseidon
- Third in-game weapon class – to be announced soon
- More large and small maps created from signature God of War locations
- Ability to customise your Warrior deeper than the Pits of Tartarus as you unlock all the weapons, magics, armors, relics and God items from the four allegiances and level them up!
- Team up with friends – this is a heavy team-multiplayer game, you will have such abilities to join your friends and dominate the competition. More on this closer to launch.
- An unannounced fourth multiplayer mode. We don’t screw around here (well, we do have fun)!
Our development team has been burning the midnight oil pouring every last ounce of passion into creating a multiplayer experience worthy of sitting atop Mt. Olympus. This has been no ordinary journey for our team. Epic in every way, it has been a new beginning.
Whether or not you have been following our transparent making-the-game series, Unchained, here is the five-minute story of what’s been a three-year journey in creating something once thought impossible. Enjoy our latest episode, A New Beginning.
By the way, if you made it this far and you love God of War single-player, fear not, a wealth of new information is coming sooner than you think.
Finally, for expert tips on how to get the best of the trial, take a look at our God of War: Ascension beta dedicated guide.