Posted 10:00am

PlayStation Store January Sale starts today

en_UK

Hi everyone! I hope that you had a fantastic holiday period and are enjoying 2013 so far! Hopefully we can make the New Year just a little bit better by introducing the PlayStation Store January Sale.

Between 9th January and 30th January we will be bringing you some great deals on titles such as Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Mafia 2 and Borderlands. New titles will be added as the sale progresses so make sure you keep checking the Blog for updates!

Hopefully there is something for everyone here so blow away the January blues with a few little treats.

Enjoy our January sale and remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Full games (PS3 unless stated):

Saints Row: The Third
Was €29.99/£19.99/AU$39.95; now €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95

Sonic Adventure 2
Was €7.99/£6.49/AU$12.95; now €4.49/£3.69/AU$7.75
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Spec Ops: The Line (Ends 16/1/2013; not available in UAE)
Was €59.99/£39.99/AU$99.95; now €24.99/£19.99/AU$29.95

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Was €69.99/£57.99/AU$99.95; now €29.99/£23.99/AU$49.95

Mafia 2 (Ends 16/1/13)
Was €29.99/£19.99/AU$39.95; now €14.99/£11.99/AU$29.99

Jet Set Radio
Was €7.99/£6.49/AU$12.95; now €4.49/£3.69/AU$7.75
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition (Ends 16/1/13; not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €29.99/£23.99/AU$49.95; now €11.99/£9.69/€15.75

Hell Yeah: Wrath of Dead Rabbit bundle
Was €16.99/£12.99/AU$26.95; now €7.99/£6.49/AU$12.95
Additional 20% discount for Plus members

The Darkness II (Ends 16/1/13; not available in Germany)
Was €29.99/£19.99/AU$39.95; now €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Prototype (Not available in Bulgaria, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine)
Was €39.99/£31.99/AU$59.95; now €19.99/£15.99/AU$29.95
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Wolfenstein 3D (Not available in Bulgaria, Germany, Hungary, Russia, Qatar, Ukraine)
Was €4.99/£3.99/AU$8.45; now €2.49/£1.99/AU$4.25

Valhalla Knights Trilogy
Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$29.95; now €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95
Additional 20% discount for Plus members

Rising Star Games’ Magnificent Seven bundle (PSP) (Blazing Souls Accelate, Half-Minute Hero, Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley, Innocent Life: A Futurist Harvest Moon, Valhalla Knights, Valhalla Knights 2 and Valhalla Knights 2: Battle Stance)
Was €49.99/£39.99/AU$79.95; now €34.99/£28.49/AU$51.95
Additional 20% discount for Plus members

Rising Star Games RPG Classic Collection (PSP) (Half Minute Hero and Blazing Souls Accelate)
Was €24.99/£19.99/AU$39.95; now €19.99/£15.99/AU$29.95
Additional 20% discount for Plus members

Hydrophobia Prophecy (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €5.99/£4.79/AU$9.95; now €1.19/£0.99/AU$1.95
Additional 20% discount for Plus members

World Snooker Championship 2005 (Not available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine)
Was: €2.49 /£1.99/AU$4.25; now €0.79/£0.65/AU$1.30
Additional 20% discount for Plus members

Pool Shark 2 (Not available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine)
Was: €2.49 /£1.99/AU$4.25; now €0.79/£0.65/AU$1.30
Additional 20% discount for Plus members

Room Zoom – Race for Impact (Not available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine)
Was: €2.49 /£1.99/AU$4.90; now €0.79/£0.65/AU$1.60
Additional 20% discount for Plus members

DLC:

Mafia II DLC Collection(Ends 16/1/13; not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €21.99/£17.49/AU$32.95; now €11.25/£8.99/AU$17.95

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron – Massive Fury Pack
Was €8.99/£7.29/AU$14.45; now €4.49/£3.69/AU$7.75
Additional 10% Discount for Plus members

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron – Destructor Pack
Was €8.99/£7.29/AU$14.45; now €4.49/£3.69/AU$7.75
Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Please note, these deals will go live with the regular Store update later this afternoon.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

222 Comments 32 Author replies
Show oldest first

Hi

Any chance of discounts on Super Stardust Delta or Wipeout on Vita?

Hahaha.

There was no Store update for the last 3 weeks.

There was no discount for Vita for Xmas unlike US Store.

There was nothing for Vita for the last month except two free games for Plus.

And you are saying me there’s nothing for Vita again in the new year Sale?

I am much surprised.

Chris Howe 9 January, 2013 @ 10:32 am

There will be a store update today from Jawad

There may be a couple of VITA games added as the weeks progress but look out for a VITA specific sale in the future. It won’t be too long :)

dee4life4444 9 January, 2013 @ 10:11 am   3

Really good sale! One thing though. I plan on picking up a couple of these, particularly Spec Ops as I have PS+ but I am a bit weary that some of these may end up being in the instant game collection in the coming months and so would therefore be better waiting?? Can I get a response if possible? Many thanks!

Chris Howe 9 January, 2013 @ 10:33 am

Unfortunately I can’t really say what will and won’t be in the Instant Game Collection as we have to adhere to the deadlines we are set for announcement, sorry!

GigaBowser007 9 January, 2013 @ 10:12 am   4

Nice sale. However, if you want my money, you should add some Vita sales. I’ve barely touched my PS3 since I have a Vita.

This time wont buy anything untill fix the problem with motorstorm rc complete pack and pure chess sason bundle , i bought them in 20 december and they still not working on my ps vita and still no refund for them. Fix this than im gona think about buying anything on januray sale.

INS1GHTFUL 9 January, 2013 @ 10:14 am   6

borderlands is a good price but its a pity no vita games.
My request for future sales:
- Puddle (vita)
- Unfinished swan (not in a bundle!)

Any discount on the Black Ops 2 seaonal pass for ps + members seeming that xbox and american ps3 get for around £34 and we in the uk have to pay £42?

Chris Howe 9 January, 2013 @ 10:37 am

Season pass prices / discounts are something we are working on, they are just quite tricky to negotiate but leave it with us

homerjnick 9 January, 2013 @ 10:14 am   8

A discount of Harleys Revenge DLC for Batman Arkham City might be wise considering Batman AC was released for PS+ last month and the other DLC got a discount…just saying…

Chris Howe 9 January, 2013 @ 10:35 am

We tried to secure a discount on the Harleys Revenge DLC but unfortunately it was not possible and is unlikely to happen anytime soon

Does saint row the third also come with online pass if I brought the game please?

RagingAvatar 9 January, 2013 @ 10:16 am   10

Wow. What a rubbish sale.
It reads a lot like a GAME sale.
No discounted ICO & Shadow of the Colossus pack? Thanks :-/

Any sign of Resident Evil 2 workin on Vita yet or have you given up ?

Pretty meh sale. Good news for the wallet I guess.

Unless you plan on adding a non-bundled Unfinished Swan after the disappointing revelation during 12DoC for Journey owners

any chance of seeing a discount on the gravity rush dlc bundle?

“Hopefully there is something for everyone here…” except Vita owners! Another update with nothing on Vita. Great move!

luckysalt81 9 January, 2013 @ 10:22 am   15

really, thats the best you can do?

Are we EVER gunna get a sale on Walking Dead? Every other format has

Hi Chris,

Some good deals there.

It’s not relevant to this post so I won’t go into detail here, but I’ve got a problem with accessing BioShock 2 as part of my PS+ subscription. I’ve posted about it in more detail in your PS+ January content update post, comment #264-265. If you could check it out, it’d be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris Howe 9 January, 2013 @ 11:29 am

I have forwarded the issue to our operations team as this is something they will need to look into, hopefully I will get a response very soon

Chris Howe 9 January, 2013 @ 12:46 pm

I have recieved a response from our operations team. The problem here occurs when a game that has full game trial enters Plus as a free game, moving forward if a game is going into plus we will remove it from the free game trial area for the duration that it is available in plus.

To solve your issue they have stated that if you let the full game trial run till its conclusion, you should be able to purchase the full game afterwards.

Please let me know if you have anymore issues

@Chris

Not really something for everyone if you only own a Vita.

You’re trolling Vita owners. That’s 6 out of 7 sales now with no Vita content.

@Fred

You said ‘hold tight’ regarding Vita sales. Do you mean until it’s first birthday in 6 weeks?

(puts poor Vita back in drawer)

For those asking this question: Digital game ALWAYS comes with online pass

AshishSahoo 9 January, 2013 @ 10:30 am   19

@Chris,
Can I look forward to a Gravity Rush dlc sale?
Also, happy new year to you!

PIREDERAS 9 January, 2013 @ 10:31 am   20

Sadly, nothing for me. I’ll wait for the next update of sales.

I’ve already got Borderlands via PS Plus for free, but I’ll think about the GOTY edition, in order to get the DLCs too for a good price.

Got Transformers: Fall of Cybertron too, but the DLC costume packs are ridiculous. They should have already been included in the main game, not being sold separately for €9 (and now on sale for €4,5) each. I’ll pass.

Noooooooooo really no vita love again I asked 3 weeks ago and u said u was workin on them and will not belong but still non befor crimo newyear and now jan. its a true shame sony do no care for the vita at all some good ps3 games tho

Every time Sony does a “sale”, I drift a little bit closer towards Steam…
Sorry Sony, but most of these “discounted” games cost less in – physical disc in box format – retail!

ShutenDoji23 9 January, 2013 @ 10:33 am   23

Not bad, but not amazing

Chris, why doesn’t Mafia 2 (Czech game)have Czech speech and dialogs, just like on the discs?

Hydrophobia Prophecy = not even free i wil download

i need fast some game like teraria ore minecraft = not 1 new game in europe in jan. = lame
ni no kuni = febr in europe :(
ragnorack odysee + soul sacrifice vita asap . news / video / demo release soon .

al other tings i like i already buy ful price day 1

i hope u update after 3 weeks = better , but i not tink ith wil .

Nothing For me… Where is motorsport games, sports games?????
Thank you sony very much.

XnoobsquadX 9 January, 2013 @ 10:47 am   27

Any clue if unit 13,resistance burning skies,smart as or touch my katamari will be included this sale? Would help my wallet allot:P

9# – it may come with an online pass bulit into the game or it may come with a 100kb online pass. i think chris mistok the online for season somehow?

Chris Howe 9 January, 2013 @ 11:33 am

Sorry yes I read through it too quickly, the online pass is included but the season pass is not

edwardccm 9 January, 2013 @ 11:04 am   29

As I do with every sale…

Wild ARMS PLEASEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

And Parasite Eve!!!

Turbine_inc 9 January, 2013 @ 11:05 am   30

sweet, now the prices are temporarily almost in line with retail prices but without the benefits

im such a mug ill go buy half of them immediately just because the price is less then it was

……..is how sony wants us to react to yet another joke sale, seriously everytime i see a new special offer it brings home to me just how stupid sony take us for

Turbine_inc 9 January, 2013 @ 11:09 am   31

lol complaints about vita, when will people learn….sony couldnt care less

it didnt sell as well as they wanted it to so there is very little support or new games

look at ps move
psp go

vita is just the next generation of sony failures that they sweep under the rug and forget about….after taking your money of course

“Leylifer
There was no Store update for the last 3 weeks.
There was no discount for Vita for Xmas unlike US Store.
There was nothing for Vita for the last month except two free games for Plus.

Chris Howe
There will be a store update today from Jawad
There may be a couple of VITA games added as the weeks progress but look out for a VITA specific sale in the future. It won’t be too long”

@ Chris and others like Fred

Leylifer is right though. Early December EU blog mods said there would be PSVita deals added. We’re more than a full month later and it is still said to ‘wait a little bit longer’.

USA got an awesome Xmas deal discount. In America, even during Xmas time, updates EVERY week. What is SCEE doing? Promising and taking a 3 week holiday. And still nothing at the update 9th January. That next update better be really really good, especially for PSVita. I really don’t get what SCEE/Sony thinks, but COD on PSVita is such a bad game, they expected that it would drive a lot Xmas sales in EU? Support PSVita better dudes, before it is dead in the water! Only just over 4 mln units sold by now, a year later almost…

Michelasso 9 January, 2013 @ 11:12 am   33

Darksider II already super discounted?? Great!! Hopefully it will be for free soon on PS+!

(sorry. I’m broken).

Turbine_inc 9 January, 2013 @ 11:14 am   34

actually darksiders 2 isnt on the list, however, it was recently 4.99 in the steam sale so if it is added to this list, expect it to be around the 14.99 mark

Unicronic 9 January, 2013 @ 11:17 am   35

To clarify, is that Prototype 1 or 2 on sale? The former is a really old game to have in a New Year Sale.

Move sale please!

1 ting i realy like =
usa say euro get beter deals
euro says usa get beter deals = hahahahahaha

u gone have the same problem if u not make 1 shop + lounch u games world wide to al u consumers ( same time = +- 1 month if loth traslation ).

FitzYarox 9 January, 2013 @ 11:23 am   38

Please could you include Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning in the sale? Pretty please :)

TheNudgeMan 9 January, 2013 @ 11:23 am   39

@ Chris:

Not a bad sale, I may pick one or two things up!

A few quick questions…

Is there any way possible that Transformers: War For Cybertron will ever appear on PSN?

Any chance of Dark Souls DLC going on sale at any stage?

Will EU be getting Demon’s Souls like USA did?
I own the game on disc, but haven’t played much of it. If it went on PSN, surely the already quite busy multiplayer would experience a boom and would entice me to jump in head-first!

Thanks.

Chris Howe 9 January, 2013 @ 11:39 am

I’m afraid I don’t have any news regarding Transformers on PSN and yes I’m sure that at some point in the near future Dark Souls DLC will be on sale I can’t confirm when though

Got to agree with:

“Turbine_inc
lol complaints about vita, when will people learn….sony couldnt care less
look at ps move
psp go”

He is partly right. Think before you release hardware and do promises Sony. I bought a Move and it hardly gets support. Good I never was interested in the PSPGo. And I have to say, PSVita gets pretty good support in games (line up is more interesting than 3DS IMO), but Sony really has to understand that to sell hardware, it doesn’t just have to be good hardware and think people will jump in. You gotta constantly market, push it and make it interesting to buy that PSVita. That includes the support on PS+. The instant game collection was pretty good with an impressive start and then you lose momentum by skipping the important December month pretty much totally, well into January now. So instead of that ‘comes soon’ and ‘won’t be too long from now’ for that PSVita sale, can you at least give a date when it’ll actually be here?

Huono_peleis 9 January, 2013 @ 11:24 am   41

Spec Ops: The Line now 25€. It’s 5€ on Steam.

sterushton 9 January, 2013 @ 11:26 am   42

I am sure both Microsoft and Steam had the Borderlands 2 season pass on sale. Disappointing that we get a Borderlands 1 sale!

@9 Yes it comes with the online pass.

the mod thought you meant season pass.

Online pass YES

season pass NO

well worth it at that price.

41 Huono_peleis
sony – steam are 2 diferent companies
but i say sony need to look beter ath real prices in real store
+ ath other companies like steam/xbox live/ orgins/ u play ….
wen same game =2 € en sony psn sels ath 6/10 € = bad advertising to( from ) sony

TheMART
also to consoles = leser ( ps2 not powerful like xbox ) but wins by cheap + lots suport.( i pers. tink sony need to go more to ps2 model on ps4 – also on ps vita )

Last tip blog mods:

You will prevent people getting irritated by MANAGING EXPECTATIONS. One of the basics that defines leadership and having a vision. People mostly get disappointed because they expect something, as the details of something are too vague. Learn to do that right, for example like just said giving more specific dates when stuff can be expected, or at least a period of a certain month, and you’ll have less negative comments on this blog. Just a tip… Oh, and you can hire me for an improved marketing on PSVita and have it sell better as I work in the marketing sector :-)

Nothing for Vita ? 3 weeks in to my first PS product from Xbox and things don’t look that cool for my little handheld.

Any chance of Walking Dead on sale soon … as XBOX users have been bragging for a while now

Chocobo115 9 January, 2013 @ 11:33 am   48

Aww, was hoping on Okami HD & Street Fighter X Tekken Character Unlock key to go on sale as a late birthday present. Not interested in any of the items on sale today :(

dark_angel69 9 January, 2013 @ 11:35 am   49

Hi Chris

Would it be possible to get Rocksmith songs on sale?

Chris Howe 9 January, 2013 @ 11:46 am

There will be three Rocksmith packs on sale for Plus members from the 16th January for 2 weeks. There will be 20% the classics pack, the metalgear + megadeth pack and the alternative rock pack

Why the hell has sony stuck multiplayer on god of war it is a big kick in the teeth for the francise played the beta it is just poor awful plus u get all these circle smashers the guy who just spam circle why sony why

O wait u want more money

CookieMonsterES 9 January, 2013 @ 11:40 am   52

Happy New Year, Chris!

Would it be possible to add some of the Marvel Pinball tables to the sale in the coming weeks?
Also, some kind of discount in Dungeon Hunter Alliance, PS3 or Vita version, would be nice too, if it were possible (the PS3 version is only $1 this week).

mclarenfan007 9 January, 2013 @ 11:40 am   53

Any news on Shenmue HD and Shenmue 2 HD appearing on psn, not heard anything since march

Will the PS1 Spyro games be in the January sale?

MartinB105 9 January, 2013 @ 11:42 am   55

“if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or Vita then you can also buy through our online store.”

The web store is STILL blocked on Linux, despite numerous e-mails to SCEE support. I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed such high levels of incompetence as SCEE.

JayManGamer 9 January, 2013 @ 11:44 am   56

I got my Vita a couple weeks ago and am really enjoying it. :)
Any chance “DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY [PSP]” will be on sale at all? I’m also curious to know if any PSOne games will be on sale like Spyro or Crash Bandicoot. Thanks!

Sir_Sorrows 9 January, 2013 @ 11:45 am   57

Any chance of Enslaved’s DLC being on sale anytime?

Hi Chris, we received Borderlands through PS+ last year, any chance of the DLC going on sale separately?

Any chance to get Corpse Party PS+ Discount when sequel hits Eu? That would be great excuse for me to buy Vita. :D

Any chance for Mortal Kombat and Bioshock 2 dlc discounts for PS+ members?

BubblesPL 9 January, 2013 @ 11:52 am   61

Another sale, cool. Will we see more PSN games or add-ons added to the sale in the following days? I bought THPS HD in the last sale, would probably buy the DLC if it was discounted by 50%. I’m sure many people would buy Mass Effect add-ons if they were discounted as well. I personally would like to see discounts on Walkind Dead, Zuma’s Revenge and Skydrift (it’s terribly overpriced here compared to US).

Chr15toff3e 9 January, 2013 @ 11:52 am   62

Got Walking Dead, Trials Evolution, CS:GO and Dawnguard for £6.85 each. Now that’s a sale. Sorry for bragging daxx619 :)

aboood619 9 January, 2013 @ 11:53 am   63

Hi I’d like to ask:
1- Will House of the Dead Overkill go on sale?
2- Any word on if Anarchy Reigns is getting a digital PSN release on EU PSN at least?
3- Can you share the release date for The Cave?

Sir_Sorrows 9 January, 2013 @ 11:55 am   64

The US Store’s sale blows this out of the water. Shame EU is always far behind.

murikarox 9 January, 2013 @ 11:55 am   65

as plus members here in turkey we dont have mortal kombat in store for ps3 so how about we also get the gotham city imposters free like germany?

dark_angel69 9 January, 2013 @ 12:00 pm   66

@Chris

Thanks for your reply. I look forward to checking out them deals :D

razordude 9 January, 2013 @ 12:01 pm   67

Spec Ops: The Line = £20 on PSN, £5 on Steam.

Hmmm…. Steambox or PS4……

Is there a chance that teh Walking Dead episodes (or the season pass) will be on sale or as PS+ content in the near feature?

another_gamer195 9 January, 2013 @ 12:02 pm   69

Why are a lot of them games/dlc’s on ‘sale’, when they’ve Allready been in numerous ‘sales’ past 12 months allready, ?.. Borderlands dlc, thnx, got that all for half price about 6-8 months ago, same time Red Dead Redemption dlc’s were on, Hydrophobia Prophecy, Again, Thats been offered at least Three times in past SIX Months. Prototype, offered about 6-8 WEEKs ago, Can’t wait to see what else we’ll be offered, NOT.. Was browsing US store/blog last night, The different standards is sad to see.. I happened to notice they had 2. 11.99 (dollar) games on offer for 99cents, lol isn’t that about 40pence ?. not sure if they were good (games), But at least the prices (40pence !), appear to offer respect, Something us scee customers seem not to be worthy of. And thank god i let my plus sub lapse, it just looks like scee, sony as a whole are catering to the more casual gamers, (buyers), which is all ok, as long as they try and cater for the more hardcore ones instead of, ‘thanks for coming, please come/stay again’ suckers, seriously is how it looks, from here.

another_gamer195 9 January, 2013 @ 12:05 pm   70

kkk. Forgot about Mafia2. Also picked that one up in (lol) Last Years January Sale, You can see were i’m coming from here ?, i hope.

ALPHaTaTSuMaKi16 9 January, 2013 @ 12:06 pm   71

I’d like to see the Sonic3&K Collection in the PSN store. Not to mention I’d like to know what happened to Counter Strike: Global Offensive. :\

Hi Chris, keep up the good work.

Can I make a few suggestions for future sales/discounts:

Battlefield 2 DLC (Vietnam etc)
LBP 1 and 2 DLC
Bulletstorm DLC
Killzone 3 DLC
Shift 2 DLC
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed DLC

Thanks

aboood619 9 January, 2013 @ 12:08 pm   73

@AlphaTatsumaki16-
SEGA needs to release Sonic 3+Knuckles on PSN remastered in the same way as Sonic CD.

CSR-Montoya 9 January, 2013 @ 12:09 pm   74

Chris, one important question:

Today i bought PS+ one year subscription, while my “old” subscription is still active.
Now, when i look in my Acc. – Trans. – Services List, there it says that PS+ is “In use” and valid until next year, BUT, when i look at “Information” of any PS+ free game, it says “expires in 14 days”

Is this normal, will my new subscription start to count when old one expires or there is some problem?

It would be awesome if Square Enix does another Final Fantasy sale, i’d like to replay FF XIII-2 and i’d pick the DLC if it was on sale when i get to the game again (gonna start FF XIII soon), but it’s ok if there’s no sale, it’s my only platinum and i enjoyed the game without the DLC, can do it again.

One_Shot_KiIIer 9 January, 2013 @ 12:17 pm   76

@Chris

could there be a Sale on the LBP content please?

& will the NFS Most Wanted for the Vita get any add on packs like the ps3 version?

Thanks

Any news on Retro City Rampage?

Player42791 9 January, 2013 @ 12:19 pm   78

@Chris

Any chance the Kingdoms of Amalur DLC will be on sale any time soon?

I would like to see us finally get the NIS sale America had over a year and a half ago- where dlc like Disgaea 3 and 4, Atelier games etc were put on sale. People in Europe do actually play JRPGS.

Why not have an rpg as a whole sale both psn games and dlc? On both western and Japanese rpgs? There is plenty of games to choose from Kingdom of Amalur, Dragon’s Age 2, Realms of Ancient War, D&D Daggerdale etc

I realise you have a Rising Star bundle sale – but I already have the UMD’s for quite a few of the games in the bundle. I won’t buy the same game again just to play on a different handheld.

Every other genre of games gets catered for except for rpgs especially with plus before someone states “these are niche games” how does anyone think they will be anything but if they aren’t made available

Enslaved DLC please, any chance?

Where’s Okami? Killzone HD?

This isn’t a sale at all just like the festive “Sale” (term used lightly) the games are all old or ones that just didn’t sell of the network

Any chance for a Dead or Alive 5 discount?

another_gamer195 9 January, 2013 @ 12:26 pm   83

@ abood619. House of Dead Overkill.
Check HMV out as they’ve been selling that (new) for 7pounds for ages.

Also this may be wrong blog but, Can someone tell me If i am doing something wrong in ME3, picked it up again and downloaded the alternative ending, But all i have managed to find is a short film were everyones eyes are green, i loaded from last restart mission, ‘return to citadel’, Surely a 1825 MB download isn’t needed IF it’s just for That ‘choose organic/synthetic harmony’ end, i was expecting Some kind of gameplay, for download size etc, Hope someone responds, anyway heres a online code for it GCCP-P8NJ-3Q89. Hope it helps someone out.

windsorblue01 9 January, 2013 @ 12:28 pm   84

what about avatars in the plus section people have been asking since before christmas and nobody has botherd to answer apart from fred saying he would give chris a nudge well has he?

murikarox 9 January, 2013 @ 12:37 pm   85

Mortal kombat for ps3 is not in the store so we want gotham city imposters please. why are you not noticing?

Same crap, different day.

windsorblue01 9 January, 2013 @ 12:40 pm   87

awaiting moderation i only asked about avatars in plus section sorry for bothering

CookieMonsterES 9 January, 2013 @ 12:42 pm   88

***Also, some kind of discount in Dungeon Hunter Alliance, PS3 or Vita version, would be nice too, if it were possible (the PS3 version is only $1 this week)***

I meant it’s only $1 in the US Store.

flinniboy 9 January, 2013 @ 12:44 pm   89

Hi Fred this question is about ps1 games, are toca and toca 2 coming to the store i absolutely love these games could you please let me know thanks

another_gamer195 9 January, 2013 @ 12:46 pm   90

People asking for Kingdoms of Amalur dlc. (+1), But is it even possible, as the dev, or someone went outa business, so am not sure scee could even talk to anyone about it, real shame too as imo that beats Skyrim in so many areas, but never got the recognition, on a more serious note, did scee somehow contribute to that devs demise ?. as they released the 7.99 online pass for Free, for around 2 Months as the game was getting released, it must of caused some damage.
Also agree with above post, Where are the RPG games/dlc’s sales ?. If you think vita is being overlooked then us rpg gamers must be downright lepers.. Come on scee, show ‘some’ love to this genre.

hi question 1. is this all todays sale items or will there be more question 2.will there be a normal update apart from the sale 3. wheres wrestlefest was it not meant to be out a fortnight ago

Wouldn’t mind seeing Okami or Final Fantasy series (unlikely as these are top sellers on the PSN chart).

totally agree with number 71 force unleashed dlc costs more than the game sale ill buy all 3

Sahlokniira 9 January, 2013 @ 1:01 pm   94

If i was sony i would have made one of the top priorites in 2013 was supporting the vita much better online and off,

Chaosprower 9 January, 2013 @ 1:02 pm   95

On the Christmas sale we complained about the lack of Vita games, and someone on the staff said that there would be some love for the Vita on the New Year’s Sale.

So, it’s the New Year’s Sale now and not a single Vita game. The post says that there will be more titles added, but probably the most I can aspire for are some possible PS3 cross-buy or some old PSP/minis games.

HitmanSB07 9 January, 2013 @ 1:03 pm   96

Any chance Catherine might be added to this?

Or even Persona 1+2 on PSP?

another_gamer195 9 January, 2013 @ 1:09 pm   97

Hope we get the Borderlands2 creature dome in store later, not too bothered about the alternative skins/grenade one, but creature dome looks like a must, this season pass for it (B2), it says save 25% off 4 dlc’s, Are they counting the Mechno/Robot (premiere club) as one of these, as if so then it’s not really a good buy, i mean if thats one of the four, if just a bonus then different story. erm, messing about on spare user other day, and for some reason the game is giving 11 golden keys out, once it’s read you have premiere and a Borderlands (1) save on that User, Can’t delete my main profile though as i only end up with about half of my Bad A, rank, But it’s come in handy playing offline co-op, lol.

R_a_z_i_e_l 9 January, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   98

Sooooooo No Ps Vita Sales ? Thought we were promised a New Year Sale similar to what the US has for Christmas ? is that still happening or what ?

1. I remember how I searched for Spec Ops in the store around Christmas and it wasn’t there. Is it new or one of those that are/were lost in the “system”? Got it on Steam now.

2. Sound Shapes sale? USA had it last week. Walking Dead would be most welcome too.

3. Vita sales? We got promised they would follow, instead we get a reply now on what Vita games aren’t planned for a sale.

4. Why is GCI still not in the german Plus section? It can only be found via search and one of the 2 found entries is misleading.

5. Where are once more the Plus avatars of the month?

6. I’d appreciate if we wouldn’t see all the same games in sales again and again.
*cough*Hydrophobia Prophecy*cough*
Seriously, when is this game NOT on sale?
And there are many many other games that we see regularly too, as Prototype, Mafia 2 etc. Instead of filler material, why not try something *gasp* new?

clarkes1990 9 January, 2013 @ 1:15 pm   100

Wrecked: Revenge Revisited was supposed to be in the festive sale in December but was never added and the Full Game is not even available on the store anymore, just the trial.
Will it be added today?
Thanks

Prem-aka-Prince 9 January, 2013 @ 1:17 pm   101

I prefer seeing stuff that DOESN’T get cheaper over time offline; i.e. digital-only stuff. PSN download titles and DLC. I sympathise with common shouts for the Unfinished Swan.

Personally I’m more focused on DLC since I already own so many of the PSN games I’ve wanted over the years. Also, so many full retail titles these days have DLC, that even though I buy a lot of DLC, there’s always more I don’t have that I buy the instant I see on sale.

Except in the case of Arkham City’s awful DLC sale, where the compound price of buying all the DLC during the sale costs more than the price of buying all the DLC AND the full game on disk via game of the year edition.

Which brings me back to my point that, admitted benefits of download aside, I prefer to see a sale on things where there isn’t an equivalent alternative available at comparable or decreasing price.

syke_sun 9 January, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   102

i was expecting ragnarok odyssey with the update. too bad

CreditDue 9 January, 2013 @ 1:24 pm   103

seeing as I got Borderlands for free with PS+, will my save transfer over to the GOTY edition if I were to buy it?

plisken1979 9 January, 2013 @ 1:25 pm   104

is this is what’s considered a January Sale? the US store got 2 FREE GAMES VIA PLUS, loads of decent games for 0.99 and we get this. what a load of crap, if your gonna do a sale at least put stuff on that people want not this nonsense. since the store got it’s new look the sales have gotten even worse.

supersmith2500 9 January, 2013 @ 1:28 pm   105

Another kick in the teeth for Vita once again and WipEout 2038 which is made by a british developer won’t be included. And not to mention few of the games were already in the last sale. Poor show. :(

supersmith2500 9 January, 2013 @ 1:28 pm   106

I mean’t 2048 not 2038.

pugcool 9 January, 2013 @ 1:29 pm   107

Hi proberly the wrong thread but how do i get rid of curuped data from my ps3 with out restoring the whole hard drive?

fords30 9 January, 2013 @ 1:32 pm   108

Thanks for the response Chris.

Whilst I understand that if I download and play the trial, I’ll be able to get the full game once the trial has expired after 60 mins, I have to say that I find that to be an incredibly inconvenient solution.

I already own BioShock 2 on disc and have completed it. Thus, I have no intention of playing it and certainly don’t want to download an 11GB game and be forced to play it for 60 mins. I just want to be able to add the full game to my download list, so that in the future, e.g. potentially on PS4, I have the option to access the full game should I want to play it. Unfortunately, the FGT system prevents me from doing this.

As a much better solution, I’d like to have all of the FGTs removed from my download list permanently so that I don’t have this problem anymore. Could you facilitate this for me? Otherwise I’m going to continue to have this issue every time a FGT game is on Plus as I have all of the FGTs on my download list already, so I don’t think that you removing them from the store whilst the full game is on Plus would make a difference.

Thanks again.

I would really love to see the Borderlands 2 season pass on sale, I hope you’ve got this up your sleeve Chris ;)

ImperatorA3 9 January, 2013 @ 1:39 pm   110

@108

You don’t need to play the game for 60 minutes. Just start the game and the timer will start running. You can immediately quit, after one hour it will be expired and then you can buy the full game.

another_gamer195 9 January, 2013 @ 1:47 pm   111

@ Creditdue
The saves from disc worked on digital, but not sure if the digital will work on digital goty, i would say it is very likely though. but can’t confirm.

@ Supersmith, agree, But for ‘some’ reason Wipeout 2048 only costs $17.99 on US store anyway, whereas i believe it’s still £30plus here, maybe when they drop the price they’ll put it on igc soon after.

@Chris.
Why or When can we get a game, or The game Dungeon Hunter Allience for about 40 Pence, like the US have atm, (99 cents), That is something i and many others would Really love to see. i know it’s a similar price to ios/android version, But i hear it’s also a very similar build. Basically it shouldn’t of been it’s psn price Anyway, Can we Ever hope to see that kind of bargain over here ?.

XnoobsquadX 9 January, 2013 @ 1:57 pm   112

Where is the promised januari vita sale? dont get me wrong not mad just frustrated with the lack of decently priced vita games and lack of new content.

TerrorOfDeath86 9 January, 2013 @ 1:58 pm   113

Any news about RDR for KSA’s Plus subscribers? Its been 4 months.

smashing1234 9 January, 2013 @ 1:59 pm   114

Any news on the Playstation All Stars Battle Royale DLC?

monoliet 9 January, 2013 @ 2:00 pm   115

hi Chris Howe
any news on next games in europe =
ragnorak odysee
soul sacrefice
teraria

dlc skyrim + Dragonss dogma dark arisen ?

goten_son5 9 January, 2013 @ 2:03 pm   116

any chance of a hyper-dimension Neptune Mk 2 discount?

supersmith2500 9 January, 2013 @ 2:05 pm   117

@smashing1234:
No sign of DLC so far but will come very soon.

Catkiller1 9 January, 2013 @ 2:07 pm   118

@ clarkes1990

Wrecked: Revenge Revisited was within the Festive SALE. You probably didn’t notice it but it was definitely there, as I bought it.

Sir_Hantuuki 9 January, 2013 @ 2:09 pm   119

Any change to get the Ps1 classics on sale, maybe Tomba 1 and 2? Or Spyro trilogy, well they just released on December on the store, but it be a great to see them to get a discount.

Tatties 9 January, 2013 @ 2:10 pm   120

Is there any chance that we will get the playable demo of Aliens colinal marines before the release date.?

Hey Chris,

With Bioshock 2 being free for PS+ member, is there any chance of the minerva’s den DLC going on sale? I’d love to pick that up at a reduced price, seeing as I now have the full game :)

MitchZombie 9 January, 2013 @ 2:16 pm   122

WOW bad sale , no money from me sorry , I’ll continue buying games from Steam… much much cheaper….

fords30 9 January, 2013 @ 2:17 pm   123

@ImperatorA3

Thanks for clarifying that detail, but it doesn’t much difference.

To be forced to download a 11GB game, install it, start it up, close it down, and then wait 60 mins for it to expire, all so that I can just have the full game registered on my download list, is laughably inconvenient.

Whilst the FGTs are a nice idea, their implementation is poor unfortunately. There must be a better way.

Chris, can you find out why the system appears to work properly for Assassins Creed II, i.e. you can still buy the full game despite having the FGT on your download list, but not any of the other games with FGTs? Clearly something isn’t quite right there. If it was like this for all games with FGTs, then there wouldn’t be a problem.

kaori714 9 January, 2013 @ 2:20 pm   124

Do Sony definitively hate its PS Vita ??? Jet Set radio is on PS Vita too, like NFS MW (remember 12 offers for Christmas).

Chris Howe 9 January, 2013 @ 2:23 pm

Jet Set Radio is coming free to plus for VITA on January 16th so you won’t need to buy it as long as you are a subscriber

Gino-XIII 9 January, 2013 @ 2:21 pm   125

Need some discount on add-Ons like battlefield premium and fifa whats the deal with these out of date discounted games? I haven’t spend my money in the psn store for a while never no good deals for me just old games that need attention :( i need attention too lol

@another_gamer

I know that the devs for Kingdom of Amalur are no more, not to mention the head who is or was facing fraud charges (Rhode Island taxpayers actually paid for the making of KOA.

However EA published Kingdoms of Amalur, so I’m sure they probably “own” the IP or at the very least can offer a sale on the content

Catkiller1 9 January, 2013 @ 2:22 pm   127

@ Chris

Any MOVE titles within the SALE?

I would like to see these at some point:

Galaga Legions DX
Skydrift
Top Gun
Voltron: Defender of the Universe
Worms DLC across all titles
Zuma’s Revenge

Chris Howe 9 January, 2013 @ 2:27 pm

There will be a few move titles in next weeks sale update but it would be no fun if I told you about them now.

Nice list by the way, let me get cracking on it, unfortunately there are a few on there which we are unlikely to be able to arrange discounts on but we will keep trying

rekksr8 9 January, 2013 @ 2:27 pm   128

Any news on Skyrim DLC??

bonzothebuzz 9 January, 2013 @ 2:30 pm   129

Any chance of a discount on the Jak and Daxter Trilogy?

Player42791 9 January, 2013 @ 2:33 pm   130

@another_gamer195

I think it’s the publisher that sets the discount, so even though 38 studios went bust it’s probably up to EA. The fact that EA’s the publisher probably makes a discount highly unlikely though.

Catkiller1 9 January, 2013 @ 2:34 pm   131

Thanks Chris ;)

XDerKleineX 9 January, 2013 @ 2:35 pm   132

After all these sales without ANY Vita games, couldn’t you at least put something big-ish for the platform on sale? Something like Unit 13? (Not just downloadable games, but perhaps not the biggest games either)

Hi Chris

Is there any chance of Lord of Arcana being in this sale?

MaxiM_82 9 January, 2013 @ 2:36 pm   134

Spec Ops: The Line – now €24,99

Too bad I just bought it off Steam for €4,99

You joking guys, right?

If you’re not giving me any love, Sony, then I’m giving my money to someone else. That’s how it works you know.

tapantaola 9 January, 2013 @ 2:37 pm   135

Can you add Sonic CD, please?

shampoofan 9 January, 2013 @ 2:41 pm   136

this is a joke, right? another ps3 only sale. is anything ever going to get added for ps3 or psp?

shampoofan 9 January, 2013 @ 2:42 pm   137

sorry meant vita or psp

Any chance of Harvest Moon – Back to Nature on the EU store? :(

varun-verma816 9 January, 2013 @ 2:46 pm   139

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE enough of hydrophobia..
i am sick of seeing it in every store update n game sale.. anyone who wanted to buy it has already did it..
overall good sale this time around i’ll pick up at least a couple of these..

CreditDue 9 January, 2013 @ 2:51 pm   140

Don’t wish to be a broken record but -

@Catkiller

you can buy Rachet and Clank HD Trilogy on disc from Blockbuster (online) for £15.99 also Zuma or a variant of it can be downloaded for free on Android (it actually plays better with touch).

I agree Aqua Panic should be in a sale as Dead Block as well as some others on the list

but can we also get a reduction in price for Dark Mist – it came out in 2007 – so paying over £6 for a 6 year old game lacking trophy support seems bit excessive

another_gamer195 9 January, 2013 @ 2:58 pm   142

Do EU vita owners know that the US (Jap?) have actually got demos of psp games, i noticed both GoWs and Resistance Retribution, plus loads more. as a ex-vita owner i again find it shocking at just how far ahead US is in both Full games, and now having psp demo accessibility as well. I try not to compare regions as both/all have their own strenghts and weaknesses, But it is sometimes too hard to ignore. So, when can Euro vitas be able to demo psp titles, Anyone know ?.

Catkiller1 9 January, 2013 @ 3:01 pm   143

@ Izorpo

Thanks but I don’t have Android that’s why I mentioned Zuma’s Revenge within my list.

Thanks for the heads up on the Ratchet Trilogy though, much appreciated :)

monoliet 9 January, 2013 @ 3:03 pm   144

tru twitter , Brian Provinciano anounce Retro City Rampage date in europe = 16 januari
i am faster then sony lol

Neconthrope 9 January, 2013 @ 3:06 pm   145

OMFG its past 3 pm and we still dont have any news on store update at all again jaward is taking the (CENSORED) keeping community up to date think its time sony actually get these blogs out on time not at some random in the afternoon or as some recently have turned up day after store has updated and lets be honest at the moment us PS+ users are getting screwed on both PS3 and Vita instant game collection updates compared to the USA. But hey thanks again sony for screwing you EU users.

Catkiller1 9 January, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   146

@ monoliet

Yeah I read this morning that it will finally release next week!

I’ll hold off from purchasing it though, as it will be within the Instant Game Collection at some point, unless there is a substantial discount, then I may be interested.

TINTINTB303 9 January, 2013 @ 3:10 pm   147

@monoliet

VG24/7 beat you to it ;-)

Wed, Jan 09, 2013 | 11:53 GMT
Retro City Rampage Europe release date confirmed, PS3 & PS Vita cross-buy at launch.

Retro City Rampage developer Brian Provinciano has announced at long last the European release date for his 8-bit ode to retro games of years gone by.

Provinciano has announced that the game will hit the European PS Store Wednesday, January 16th for PS3 and PS Vita, and that if you buy it on either format, you automatically get the other free of charge.

The delay was FULLY down to the dev and NOT SCEE’s fault this time round ;-)

When are you releasing these psvita games?

Ragnarok Oddesey
Dokuro
EDF 2017

KylieDog 9 January, 2013 @ 3:12 pm   149

Vita and more PSP content for sale please?

Also, when you put retail games+DLC bundles for sale, please discount -just- the DLC in a bundle or seperate also please. A lot of us have the base games already and don’t want to pay for the game again.

…and obviously, the DLC without base game should be cheaper than the game+DLC bundle.

TalllPaul 9 January, 2013 @ 3:13 pm   150

Some nice bargains there.

ShivaRpgN 9 January, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   151

First when fans complained about no vita sales during December, we were told to wait for January, today you are saying there might or might not be sales in the next couple of weeks. Lastly you mention the vita will have its own specific sale not far off whenever the hell that happens. When are you going to stop with this cat and mouse game of prolonging this sale and lying to your consumers? Sorry, but it’s getting pathetic.

Also while I’m at it, are there plance to have sales for Silent Hill Book of Memories, MGS HD collection and Sine Mora (vita versions)?

TINTINTB303 9 January, 2013 @ 3:18 pm   152

@Catkiller1

Think I’ll be taking that stratergy too ;-)

I have to ask why do a small number of people in the EU think the US has this amazing PS+ service???

Where do they get this idea from??

Makes me laugh because the US PS+ updates a FULL of Americans raging about the fact that the EU gets a better PS+ service than the US!! :-D

Why can’t people just be happy with the great PS+ service we have rather than complaining like moody teenagers?!

“BooHoo! The US has this that and the other!! Why haven’t we got it??”

*Throwing toys out of the pram as they type…

hitman_stephen 9 January, 2013 @ 3:27 pm   153

Someone mentioned Gravity Rush DLC sale, i saw your reply, just saying, if they do come on sale, i’l be getting every single one available! just saying, +1 for GR DLC

Hey Chris,

Any luck on Bioshock, really wanna get Bioshock 1 before getting into 2.

Chris Howe 9 January, 2013 @ 4:57 pm

Not at the moment, still working on it I’m afraid, hopefully better news very soon

TINTINTB303 9 January, 2013 @ 3:31 pm   155

As for a Vita sale if people stood back and looked at the bigger picture they may realise that the Vita is coming up to its 1st Birthday!!

Now if I was a betting man I would place a decent wedge on there being some pretty good Vita sales over that period ;-)

…and yes I know it may have been a bit cheeky of certain SCEE employees leaving it so open ended in saying exactly when a Vita sale may take place (or even pointing directly to the New Year for that matter) but if they just came out and said:
“Feb 2013 until the next Vita sale”… then there would have been a huge wave of people complaining!! ;-)

Feb is still in the New Year technically ;-) (so is September. A little creative twist on wording there maybe?!?)

monoliet 9 January, 2013 @ 3:33 pm   156

TINTINTB303

lol , jes i now ith = not always sony mistake
but them need more telling why them have problem
= laws not ok
canseld
problems converting …..
= then we understend = take time to get ore never ( so we buy else where ore buy other games instead )

lots peopel asking
- ragnorak odysee
- minecraft
- skyrim dlc … but no updates
also we find outh then them tel use Retro City Rampage Europe release date confirmed = need them telling use first .

superpatchy66 9 January, 2013 @ 3:50 pm   157

Come on Sony, why no Vita deals again? Don’t you want us to buy more memory cards?

Why can’t you at least include a handful of Vita titles? If shops are selling the tennis game for £7, or smart as for £13 then why cannot you at least so something similar.

TINTINTB303 9 January, 2013 @ 3:50 pm   158

@monoliet

Very true.

SCEE in general does need better communication with its customers I TOTALLY agree with you on that point ;-)

TINTINTB303 9 January, 2013 @ 3:52 pm   159

@superpatchy66

Feb = Vita 1st Birthday!!

I bet that is when we see some decent Vita/PSP sales ;-)

Catkiller1 9 January, 2013 @ 3:55 pm   160

Saints Row The Third Full Package Edition including all DLC, is only £14.99 @ Play.com

Sonic And Sega All-Stars Racing: Transformed Limited Edition is £14.99 @ Play.com too!

Far cheaper prices of you look around!

sunnyboy177 9 January, 2013 @ 4:00 pm   161

Is there any chance of getting some Batman AC DLC’s on sale in the future ?

TINTINTB303 9 January, 2013 @ 4:04 pm   162

@sunnyboy177

The Batman:AC DLC was on sale over Xmas.

Harley Quinns Revenge DLC was not included though and by the sounds of a comment made by Chris earlier there are NO plans to have it reduced in the near future either!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :-(

Chris Howe 9 January, 2013 @ 4:52 pm

Unfortunately this is correct, we were not able to secure a discount on Harley Quinns Revenge DLC and I think it is unlikely that we will be able to anytime soon

skatepunk36 9 January, 2013 @ 4:06 pm   163

I hope for vita sales for sound shapes, plants vs zombies (also I somehow expect this one to come on plus sonner or later) and also wouldn’t mind if some of the smaller games like brun the rope or flying hamster would get in the price range at a sale for there ios, andriod versions… I love to play the vita, but paying 3-4 times as much as they are on android/ ios??

Scuffy_P 9 January, 2013 @ 4:25 pm   164

I am so pleased I sold my Vita this Christmas, although it was at a bigger loss than expected. Apparently people don’t want to buy them second-hand, according to CEX and GAME.

Put the money towards a Wii U, which is okay I guess. Nothing special, but at least I know Nintendo will support it. That’ll keep me going until the inevitable XBOX3 this winter…which will be my last purchase. No Playstation for me next gen. As good as Naughty Dog are, they themselves don’t justify another generation of abuse and disappointment from Sony.

Quite looking forward to being free to be honest.

TINTINTB303 9 January, 2013 @ 4:31 pm   165

@Scruffy_P

That is great news, thanks for sharing…

I hope you enjoy your new console I really do :-)

XnoobsquadX 9 January, 2013 @ 4:44 pm   166

Gonna follow scuffy´s example if they fail to deliver march’s content
Persona/ragnarok/killzone sony perty please get behind those n whip those developers real hard mkay

another_gamer195 9 January, 2013 @ 4:47 pm   167

@ Scuffy-P
Can understand you, i bought vita in Feb, solely, well mainly because of All the remote play adverts, when i found out about 2 months later RP isn’t really possible, well not the way the official ps adverts showed it, i sold mine, i paid around 300 out, and got under half that back, Two months in.. Can only imagine what there worth now.. tbh though i also couldn’t get used to the small sticks/buttons, thought i would but it never happened.. i have a feeling this next gen ps will have a Lot of vita compatabilities, wiuu like controller and other stuff, But i am Never buying any console early again, well and truly learnt my lesson on that.. Was looking at the new wiuu, like the look and am a sucker for Zombie games so am glad it released at xmas period, as i would prob of impulse bought it few months earlier, now i can watch/read how it performs.

I’ve been toying with getting the Borderlands 1 DLC for a while, but thanks to the GOTY being on this sale I’ve been able to get the full lot for £8.72, and I can take my retail copy to GAME and trade for about £7 towards a new game. Seems rude not to take advantage, so a big thank you from me :)

TINTINTB303 9 January, 2013 @ 4:49 pm   169

Lol.

I take it all the people selling their Vitas have never been early adopters before!?!?

The PS3 took a good few years to get off the ground.

The Vita is not even 1 year old (worldwide).

People want EVERYTHING and they want it NOW!!!

Doesn’t work that way I’m afraid ;-)

TINTINTB303 9 January, 2013 @ 4:56 pm   170

@another_gamer

I know we haven’t seen eye to eye before but I am glad you have learnt from your personal experience with being an early adopter with the Vita and waiting with regards to buying a WiiU and see how it does before taking the plunge ;-)

Hope you make a choice that makes you happy :-)

patacama 9 January, 2013 @ 5:01 pm   171

Hey Chris:
If you can achieve them, I would like to see deals on games like Daytona USA, Burnout Crash!, From Dust, Armageddon Riders and/or Costume Quest (with DLC).

Thanks.

Chris Howe 10 January, 2013 @ 9:40 am

will see what I can do, I have a rather extensive list of requested titles and DLC from everyone now to get my teeth into! :)

Why’s there no PS+ discount on the Farming Collection bundle of Harvest Moon and Innocent Life?

Chris Howe 10 January, 2013 @ 9:39 am

We were hoping to include Farming Collection in this sale but there were pricing issues with it throughout Europe meaning it would not have been an even price across all territories. We are trying to resolve this so it can be discounted in the future it is unlikely that it will be in this sale though

Ryumoau 9 January, 2013 @ 5:16 pm   173

It figures EU gets all the great sales on games like Saints Row 3, while us in NA get crappy overpriced sales on old games for the snow deals thing.

Not too mention the terrible Plus games we receive. :/

XnoobsquadX 9 January, 2013 @ 5:30 pm   174

@ TINTINTB I have been an early adaptor all my live bought the snes,ps1,ps2,xbox,gb color,advance,ds. on release the features they promised all worked well! Vita features such as remote play one of its major features´ now lbp2 feature was released not long ago but i have to pay for it really? that just sucks. The supposed console experience on the go tbh only 2 games come close gravity rush and Uncharted. now dont get me wrong not hating on the vita or anyting really love the devive actually but really they release an overpriced machine hoping to sell overpriced games the logic is where?

BlueRaven 9 January, 2013 @ 5:37 pm   175

Can anyone answer this?

If i buy Borderlands GOTY,Will i have to start again from the beginning,As i received Borderlands from PS+?

mnmn1PLUS 9 January, 2013 @ 5:43 pm   176

£30 is sitting in my ps store since Christmas! I would like to spend it so much but the titles I am looking forward to are:
The Walking Dead with a little discount :)
Terraria-any news of its release date yet?

Thanks

another_gamer195 9 January, 2013 @ 5:50 pm   177

@ TINTINB103
Thanks for your regards, i Can understand that some features take time to work on new consoles, however it was proven to me that RP is never going to happen, Well never being 3to5 years away, maybe. whereas the way the vita was advertised showed people playing Remotely, like it was a out of the box feature. I hear because of server/network speeds this is rarely going to Ever happen, but if something new is invented that allows it then i will re-buy a vita, i know your a staunch defender of scee, But i feel i was sold goods falsely, costing me a fair bit of cash, and obviously there’ll be small print ‘somewhere’ basically telling me ‘tough luck’, live and learn though, i would like to think i won’t make a similar mistake, But i probably will.. have a good evening.

ChameleonVector 9 January, 2013 @ 5:55 pm   178

I’ve seen some really good sales from time to time, but some times they’re just pointless..

Spec Ops: The Line (Ends 16/1/2013; not available in UAE)
Was €59.99/£39.99/AU$99.95; now €24.99/£19.99/AU$29.95

I bought that on Steam for my PC for £5. Most the games on there you can get much cheaper from a shop. I really hope there never is an age where everything does go digital, if prices like these are considered a ‘sale’. :/

jimbob12345678 9 January, 2013 @ 5:59 pm   179

@chris

Any update on getting a price cut / sale for the DLC characters on Blazblue: Continuum Shift? :)

Chris Howe 10 January, 2013 @ 9:35 am

a discount request has gone to the publisher we are just waiting to hear back, will update you as soon as possible

@BlueRaven, just so long as you have an existing Borderlands save file, you shouldn’t have to start again because it’s still the same central game, it’s just that GOTY has the DLC packs as well

KeithoMahony 9 January, 2013 @ 6:56 pm   181

Any chance of a price drop for Mass Effect 2?

I recently bought ME1 and want to playthrough the trilogy on ps3 but sold ME2 ages ago.

bravo9zero 9 January, 2013 @ 7:08 pm   182

Why can’t I purchase Jet Set Radio unlock from Store?
Says “There are no items you can purchase at this time”

I’ve downloaded the demo, pressed “unlock full game” etc.
I REALLY HATE this new store!

Chris Howe 10 January, 2013 @ 9:34 am

We are aware of the issue and looking into it now. This should be resolved within the next few hours

supersmith2500 9 January, 2013 @ 7:24 pm   183

@Ryumoau:
Well consider yourself lucky, we haven’t hardly got any sales for the Vita yet.

TINTINTB303 9 January, 2013 @ 7:26 pm   184

@another_gamer

I get where you are coming from with regards to Remote Play.

I feel Remote Play will be a feature we see more and more with the Vita/PS4 combination to be honest.

All RM games, even the newest (I played Tokyo Jungle, the most recent game to get a RM patch/update) suffer from terrible lag at times. I tried on a private network and over the internet and the results were less than enjoyable.

I really feel Sony are playing the long game with regards to Vita and it will be a better partner with the PS4 than it ever will be with the PS3. The tech/time they (PS3 & Vita) were developed in are just poles apart at the end of the day.

That being said the LBP2 cross controller worked superbly well and suffered from ZERO lag which I found a nice surprise!!

cont…

TINTINTB303 9 January, 2013 @ 7:35 pm   185

cont..

As for being “a staunch defender of SCEE…” (your words)… Hmm, I disagree (I don’t want an argument though ;-)). I am the first to admit that SCEEs communication with customers can be awful if at times none existent but often they get the blame when things are totally out of their hands.

Retro City Rampage is a prime example. Even the dev tweeted the delays were their fault and NOT SCEEs yet still people tore strips off SCEE for their supposed incompetance.

Trust me I think SCEE are FAR from perfect and have huge room for improvement in certain areas.

I do think their PS+ service is superb value for money. At about 70p a week or £2.80 (or so) per month I fail how people don’t see the value. Even taking the games out of the equation the cloud game saves and auto download of game and system patch/updates are great but I suppose it is a subjective thing at the end of the day.

Anyway good luck with your future console purchases :-)

luckysalt81 9 January, 2013 @ 7:43 pm   186

THE WALKING DEAD
THE WALKING DEAD
THE WALKING DEAD
THE WALKING DEAD
THE WALKING DEAD
THE WALKING DEAD

Sorry, but i’ve asked and i’ve seen many others ask is The Walking Dead going to get a discount soon, steam and 360 have had MASSIVE discounts on it and nothing on PSN. Not even a mention of yes in the future or no we are not able to obtain a discount any chance you can say if there’s NOT going to be a discount?

Also I’d love discounts on

Plants vs Zombies
Red Dead [got my ps3 & was a ps+ subscriber just after it went off]
Daytona USA
Destruction Derby
Trine 2
Fighting Vipers
any other Sega classics like Streets of Rage/Golden Axe etc
Earthworm Jim [US selling it for under a $1!]

also Id love to see the Sega Vintage Collection hit UK like it just has US

Thanks!

TINTINTB303 9 January, 2013 @ 8:05 pm   187

@luckysalt81

With regards to your Sega classics request why don’t you just buy the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection on BluRay???

You can pick it up for less than a tenner and has over 40 of the best Vintage Sega Titles ;-)

Streets Of Rage 1,2 & 3. Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, & 3. Golden Axe 1, 2 & 3. That’s just naming a few off the top of my head.

Well worth a tenner (tops anywhere I’m sure) if you are after a hit of nostalgia :-)

Paul_Morningstar 9 January, 2013 @ 8:09 pm   188

Would love a sale for Sound Shapes and/or Unit 13.

Is it possible?

Chris Howe 10 January, 2013 @ 9:11 am

Not in the January sale, but I am working with the studios to try and arrange discounts on both these titles for Plus members

kaori714 9 January, 2013 @ 8:09 pm   189

Thanks Chris Howe for the information about Jet Set Radio PSVita on PS+, that’s good news.

supersmith2500 9 January, 2013 @ 8:12 pm   190

Ah well, least the Vita will get some love next week, RCR is confirmed to be out next week and EDF. JSR is free for Plus the Vita needs more love badly.

hayzink 9 January, 2013 @ 8:25 pm   191

chris i know that walking dead in not on the cards as fred answered that question for me a few days ago, however he did say subject to late changes.
so please please talk to who you have to talk to and if its in your power make it happen as walking dead has to be the most requested sale title on the blog.

please man make it happen ;)

Chris Howe 10 January, 2013 @ 9:10 am

we are trying really hard with this one, sometimes it’s just not possible but we will keep asking

clarkes1990 9 January, 2013 @ 8:56 pm   192

Any chance of getting Angry birds in the January Sale?

Or a PS+ discount?

Chris Howe 10 January, 2013 @ 9:08 am

It’s unlikely I’m afraid. There are a lot of different stakeholders involved in Angry Birds which makes it very difficult to arrange discounts on

legolas1legolas 9 January, 2013 @ 9:23 pm   193

In December you said that ps vita sale are coming in january, and where are they? I am very disappointed, because i don`t like liers. So I just want answer. Where are Vita games? Just please give me answer. And don`t say that they are “coming”…because they are not. I realy want ANSWER liers!!!

The sale prices from 12th Dec to 9th Jan were reset to their default full price the entire time they were on “sale”! but no one at SCEE could fix it because everyone was on holiday.

Could you PLEASE put those games on sale properly this time? at least for a week, just give us a chance. What’s the point in saying it’s on sale when the prices were exactly the same?

example: Resident Evil Operation Raccoon still says it’s on sale but the current sale price matches the “was” price in the description:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-nz/ga mes/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city/cid=EP0102-NPEB00984_00-REORC DIGITAL0000

D-Andry 9 January, 2013 @ 9:31 pm   195

Any chance to havo a discount for “Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker” PSP version?

R_a_z_i_e_l 9 January, 2013 @ 10:04 pm   196

Probably wont bother buying any games even if they do eventually have a Ps Vita Sale, taken them this bloody long to dodge around the question im probably not going to bother downloading any PSN title now and just watch for them to become free on PS+.

luckysalt81 9 January, 2013 @ 11:20 pm   197

@TINTINTB303

I have the Mega Drive Collection already! So close to plat as well just Eswat and Mean Bean Machine I haven’t done.

I just love Sega games, had a Saturn too so would LOVE Panzer Dragoon 1 & 2, Guardian Heroes, Virtual On, Burning Rangers etc to all be added but that ain’t gunna happen.

Disappointed Guardian Heroes still hasn’t made its way to PSN after its been on 360 for well over a year :(

mavryk1982 10 January, 2013 @ 12:48 am   198

I have a problem..

I have not have been able to move the cursor once the PSN store loads.
Everything else is ok (selecting XMB items, playing games etc) but soon as I load up the PSN store it loads to the first page and no matter what I do (Reset controller / reboot / reinstall the PSN store) I cannot scroll through the store to browse / download things. I have PS+ so currently I am missing out!

Any ideas?! Thanks in advance!

Hi Chris. I am having problems finding Jet Set Radio for purchase. It is not in the sale area and it is not in the PS3 games category, as it appears as though the trial is listed, rather than the full game. Is anyone else having any problems finding Jet Set Radio for purchase on the PlayStation Store?

Also Chris, I would suggest that you add Droplitz (£3.99), Rock of Ages (£3.19), Smash Cars (£4.99), Trine 2 (£7.29), Wakeboarding HD (£4.79), along with a few Minis and PSP games that are all compatible with the Vita. All of these games have a special offer price reduction date on them, so I believe that they should be classed as being in the January Sale, rather than the Price Drops section and that they should be listed in your main blog post, just so that it raises some awareness of further price reductions in the January Sale. What do you think, Chris?

Also, is there any chance of you admitting that the Vita Sale that you keep on teasing us Vita owners about will FINALLY (thinks o The Rock screaming it out to the MILLIONS!!!) take place somewhere around mid February 2013? ;)

Chris Howe 10 January, 2013 @ 9:05 am

You are correct about Jet Set Radio, I have flagged this with the store operations team so this should be resolved in a couple of hours.

Wakeboard HD along with a load of mini games such as Dr. Maybee and the Adventures of Scary Girl, Stickman Rescue and Rocks N rockets all have a discount on them for Plus members only until 30th January. These are seperate to the January sale and would usually be included in a Plus update but we have not had one over the xmas period.

crazyrockboy 10 January, 2013 @ 2:44 am   200

Picked up Saints Row 3 because of the sale.

£10 for one of the funnest sandbox games around? An absolute steal =D

razork222 10 January, 2013 @ 2:56 am   201

Hey, cheers for posting this information through guys. I have to add my voice to those of the disappointed Vita owners though. Early adopting Vita owners seem to have gotten a pretty raw deal over 2012. I understand that the install base isn’t massive but I think it would be a good idea to throw a bone to Vita owners every now and again so we can tell our friends, with a straight face, that owning a Vita is worthwhile. I also know that you can’t do anything about the slow release schedule of games, but giving us a few good deals would have been a good opportunity to reward us for our faith. And I really do mean faith! It’s hard to ignore the negative press the Vita is getting and any tangible indication that Sony cares about the Vita would be terrific.

Dissidia on sale please!

Catkiller1 10 January, 2013 @ 9:39 am   203

If anyone is interested in Retro titles then you’ll be happy to read this: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/09/report-capcom-arcade-cabinet-coming-to-psn-xbla/

I was hoping for a retail release of CAPCOM Classics Volumes 1 & 2 similar to SEGA Ultimate Megadrive Collection, but this will do! :)

By researching a little more, the majority of the titles that were released within the volumes, will be available to download eventually!

Very Happy indeed, I just hope they get the prices right.

bravo9zero 10 January, 2013 @ 12:35 pm   204

Jet Set Radio unlock is back on the store, thanks Chris!

MONTENERO 10 January, 2013 @ 2:44 pm   205

It strikes me that PSN has only three Arkanoid games: Shatter, Hyperballoid, Magic Orbz and none of them are free for PS+ or discounted.
This is a must-have genre and all these game must be offered.
Sorry, I am not interested in retail games on PSN.

supersmith2500 10 January, 2013 @ 3:01 pm   206

@MONTENERO:
Magic Orbz was once free for Plus members before right?

Why are more than HALF the avatars missing from the store?! only “The Studio” and “Flying tiger” avatars are in the store, none of the other listed avatars can be found.

example: Resident Evil Operation Raccoon still says it’s on sale but the current sale price matches the “was” price in the description.

The sale prices from 12th Dec to 9th Jan were reset to their default full price the entire time they were on sale! but no one at SCEE could fix it because everyone was on holiday.

Could you PLEASE put those games on sale properly this time? at least for a week, just give us a chance. Whats the point in saying its on sale when the prices were exactly the same?

cosmic_uk 11 January, 2013 @ 2:47 pm   209

Just saw that Bioshock 1 isn’t bundled with Bioshock Infinite in the EU (only in US). Can you put it back on sale again as didn’t grab it before? Thanks!

Catkiller1 11 January, 2013 @ 4:56 pm   210

@ cosmic_uk

You’re better off with this: Bioshock 1 & 2 + all DLC is released on the 8th Feb for a mere £13.85 here: http://www.shopto.net/ps3/PS3BI15-bioshock-ultimate-rapture-edition

Well worth it!

You receive all of the following:
The BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition will Include:

BIOSHOCK 1:

Full Game

Plasmids Pack

Challenge Rooms Pack

Bonus Museum Level

BIOSHOCK 2:

Full Game

Sinclair Solutions Tester

Rapture Metro

Kill ‘Em Kindly

The Protector Trials

Minerva’s Den

Also includes collectible sticker pack from BioShock Infinite’s world of Columbia.

Anilusion 11 January, 2013 @ 9:05 pm   211

Any plans on putting Motorstorm RC Complete on sale?

BlackBuck777 12 January, 2013 @ 1:00 am   212

Any chance that some ps1 classic final fantasy titles will be included in this sale?

AeonsDead 14 January, 2013 @ 1:01 am   213

How about some Resident Evil love? Discount on the 1st one at least?

Stefarno88 14 January, 2013 @ 2:05 am   214

Is World Snooker Championship 2005 available in the UK?

Can’t find it anywhere on the store.

BusterWolf69 14 January, 2013 @ 3:08 pm   215

Hi Chris,

Three quick questions:

1 – I would like to know if there will be a PSP games on sale (Final Fantasy Games and Persona Games)?

2 – Is Odin Sphere PS2 going to be on PSN EU?

3 – Any of the of the DLC for Darksiders II and Final Fantasy XIII-2 gonna be on sale?

MisterHoot 15 January, 2013 @ 1:36 pm   216

Hello.

I was just wondering if there was anything in the works for Switzerland regarding apps and store availability. We still don’t have the youtube app here in switzerland for reasons I don’t quite get. Is there any plans to change that soon ?

MEH! About PSVita deals reported back since early december:

‘Won’t be too long’

For real… Why does it take so freaking long after USA got great Xmas deals. It is half January already.

No PSVita love by SCEE like SCEA gives it, and if they will it takes them months to do so.

Pathetic.

Oh and while SCEA just gave those Xmas deals half December, they kept doing their weekly updates even during Christmas week and after.

SCEE? They went on a full 3 week holiday, no worth until the update of the 9th of January.

I’ve lost all hope and trust in stuff said early December.

Jamesyp00 15 January, 2013 @ 5:01 pm   219

On the store it shows borderlands 2 and one of it’s dlc’s on the january sales advert, will any of it be on sale this week?

mellan_Konsten 19 January, 2013 @ 5:22 pm   220

I just logged in to the ps store in hope of buying spec ops and the darkness ii. Is the sale over here in Sweden, cause now spec ops is 590kr (59€)?

mellan_Konsten 19 January, 2013 @ 5:25 pm   221

Correction!

Spec ops – 559kr (55€)

windsorblue01 19 January, 2013 @ 6:24 pm   222

@mellan_Konsten if you botherd to look at the post those 2 titles finished on the sale on the 16th