Posted 3:00pm

LittleBigPlanet 2: Extras Edition coming soon!

LBP 2 EE packshot

Sackboy recently launched into the Omniverse in search of new adventures in the LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack, and he still has many more escapades ahead of him.

If you haven’t checked out Sackboy’s adventures on LittleBigPlanet just yet though, then next month we will be bringing you the LittleBigPlanet 2: Extras Edition, which combines the original LittleBigPlanet 2 game with a booster pack of goodies and bonus content to help get you started!

LittleBigPlanet 2: Extras Edition contains Sackboy’s original LittleBigPlanet 2 adventure that sees him joining the Alliance and travelling across LittleBigPlanet to save everyone from the nefarious Negativitron.

After defeating the Negativitron, you will find not one but three full Premium Level Kits packed full of brand new levels to play:

LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack
Rescue a band of good-natured pirates and travel across the Omniverse using brand new PlayStation Vita Cross-Controller gameplay in search of a fabled treasure.

LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack: Rise of the Cakeling
Something evil is baking and only Sackboy can stop it using the Brain Crane and his new PlayStation Move-enabled powers.

The Muppets Premium Level Kit
Join Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo and the rest of the Muppet gang to put on the ultimate Muppet Show for LittleBigPlanet… Just don’t let the mysterious theatre Phantom ruin the show for everyone. This adventure will have you running up walls trying to stop him, literally!

Costumes aplenty!
Whilst Sackboy travels across the Omniverse in LittleBigPlanet 2, you will come across a whole range of costumes for him to wear. On top of those included with the original release, the LittleBigPlanet 2 Extras Edition kits out Sackboy with the following bonus outfits:

The Muppets Costume Pack 1
Kermit, Fozzie Bear, Dr. Bunsen, Beaker

Weekend Pursuits Costume Pack
Skier, Golfer, Caver, Angler

Deep Sea Adventures Costume Pack
Deep Sea Diver, Edible Crab, Anglerfish, Pufferfish

Sports Costume Pack
Runner, Discus Thrower, Javelin Thrower, Hammer Thrower, Wrestler, Rhythmic Gymnast, Tennis Girl, Fencer, Horse Rider

Dogs Costume Pack
Bulldog, Dalmatian, Poodle, St. Bernard

Cats Costume Pack
Siamese, Sphynx, Persian, Marmalade

These bonus Costume Packs will help fill out any budding fashionista’s wardrobe and they even include some stickers to help kick start your creative palette.

Create your own games
With LittleBigPlanet, the adventure never ends! The vast number of goodies that you can collect in LittleBigPlanet 2: Extras Edition will give you everything you need to make your own LittleBigPlanet adventures.

Once you have created your level, you can publish it for the whole world to see. You’ll even get your own page on our rather nifty LBP.me website that will keep everyone updated on your LittleBigPlanet activities. You’ll also get a page for every level that you publish.

There are currently over 7.5 million community levels to play and LittleBigPlanet 2: Extras Edition will give you access to the whole whopping lot of them! Head on over to LittleBigPlanet.com to discover just what the community has to offer.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

26 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

Mmmmm…….think I’d rather see little big planet 3 :)

That came out of nowhere! It took a while since US got the game of the year edition but it certainly worth it as we finally get the complete edition of this great game.Thank you.

sympozium_666 11 January, 2013 @ 3:34 pm   3

Should be great for anyone that for some reason hasn’t picked this game up yet… and I’d rather see LBP3 as well :) a PS4 game I hope heh.

Great package for those who don’t have this wonderfull game yet.

I just picked up the Cross Controller pack, and it’s wonderfull. But yesterday, when I wanted to play some more, I couldn’t get my Vita to connect to the PS3. Anyone else with this problem? Both systems just stayed on the ‘connecting’ screen (within LBP2 and the Cross pack on Vita)…

MaxDiehard 11 January, 2013 @ 3:42 pm   5

If anyone’s havimg trouble installing the Cross-Controller data to Vita, then this will help you. It was a tad annoying for me too.

AIRON_MEGA_X 11 January, 2013 @ 3:45 pm   6

Looks awesome! Will be sure to check on the stores!

gfreshbudd 11 January, 2013 @ 4:05 pm   7

any chance of ps+ subscribers updating the igc version for a discount? :-P

Hi Steven/ Littbigplanet Devs, Will this edition come with all the up-to-date patches as I would hate to have to download them all, plus it means I have a Non buggy copy to play for years to come :)

Steven Isbell 11 January, 2013 @ 4:30 pm

LittleBigPlanet 2: Extras Edition will contain all of the game updates up until now.

Milking it dry comes to mind

Sounds cool. All i want now really is a LBP3 :P

pjakinnear 11 January, 2013 @ 4:53 pm   11

Whilst slightly off-topic, is there any update about LittleBigPlanet Costumes for PlayStation Vita.

It seems that Gurlukovich Soldier costume (from the Metal Gear Solid Level Kit ) and also the 6 costumes from the Move Pack has not been updated on the PlayStation Store nor in-game store.

You should do a move bundle with this, the US already had one with a previous release of LBP2!

ruinereraser 11 January, 2013 @ 5:44 pm   13

LBP devs – this guide contains 16 steps to make the cross-controller work. Isn’t this pathetic? This should work out of the box, with simple update to LBP2 and normal app for download on Vita. And why isn’t the communication done via BT? I don’t get it – why not Bluetooth as it is intender for short-range data exchange. PS3 has it, PSVita has it. Why get things complicated and use wi-fi?

I bought Cross Controller Pack day one and I’m extremely dissapointed, as I never could get it to work. Compare this to Wii U simple setup for 2 screens and suddendly it’s looking very pale for you guys.

How about a proper way of doing it(hint to Sony – same rant applies to PSV Remote Play – make it simple, non laggy and via Bluetooth!).

tapantaola 11 January, 2013 @ 7:19 pm   14

@13

Please educate yourself before suggesting non-feasible things.

BlueTooth (3 Mbps) doesn’t have the necessary bandwidth to support Remote Play. WiFi (802.11g) supports up to 54 Mbps.

ruinereraser 11 January, 2013 @ 7:42 pm   15

@14 fair enough, my mistake. But what I meant in general stays on – create DIRECT and SIMPLE wireless connection setup between PS3 and Vita, just like Nintendo Wii U does (and it works great – no lag, no crunching, simple and guide step-less).

“Gamepad wireless transmission is using 5150-5250 MHz indoor frequency band and based on IEEE 802.11n standard, while using custom proprietary transfer protocol and software co-developed by Broadcom and Nintendo.”

Since Ninty can get the tech & software right & customer friendly, why can’t Sony? I’m sure there’s enough science and engineering power in the division to make it happen, and therefore strike Wii U competion away.

On the disc cover there’s some kind of grapplinghook on Sackboy… Is that feature in the Extra EdItion as well?

supersmith2500 11 January, 2013 @ 9:03 pm   17

@jauw2
It’s featured in the main original copy as well and the grappling hook is not a DLC. You get it during the main LBP2 Story Mode.

Price?

@ruinereraser I’m sorry you didn’t got the cross-controller to work. I thought it was quite easy and I for sure am not a tech head. I get often the disconnection pop up for a few moments but thats the only problem I’ve had with it. I hope MM fixes that.
But you are right, the whole connection and interaction between the 2 machines could be smoother.

I hope we continue to see more level kits, they don’t come out enough. And a sale would be nice to have for all that dlc goodness.

@supersmith yes i know ^^ but it looks some kind of new kind og grappling hook :)

Steven you rock Steven you rock Steven you rock Steven you rock Steven you rock add me please add me please add me please add me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tapantaola 13 January, 2013 @ 3:06 am   22

@15

Wii U uses a totally different technology (Miracast @ 5 GHz).

The PS3 has plain old WiFi @ 2.4GHz that cannot be upgraded. You have to wait for the PS4 I’m afraid…

smokeypsd 13 January, 2013 @ 8:26 am   23

@15 and @22 The entire remote play system would need an overhaul to work with bluetooth. Mind you, the entire remoteplay system needs an overhaul…

Is this version going to be released in the US or Germany as well?

@Redfox it’s already in the US and has been for ages it’s called LBP2 Special Edition the only thing that seems to be missing from the extras edition that the Special Edition has is the Toy Story pack.

It’s strange how this edition has taken so long since it’s a SCEE game not SCEA.

eh? so special edition does not have it all? Well I for one do hope LBP3 will still be far away as with the PS4. there is still so much to play in PS3! Seriously i dont’ get this people demanding for a PS4 or LBP3 to make the current ones obsolete… o_0