Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 10:01am

The Weekend Playlist – 12th January 2013

Right, brand new year = brand new Blog feature. It’s a simple pitch: every Saturday morning, myself, Jawad from the Store team and Plus/Sales guru Chris will be sharing our entertainment picks for the weekend, along with a guest contributor. Duly, it would be great if you all could jump into the comments, tell us what dreadful taste we have, and then offer your own selections.

It should be a nice way to share recommendations for new (or old) stuff to play, watch, listen to or read. Hopefully you’ll feel like contributing!

Oh, and don’t worry, we’ll still be doing the regular Recap post, but that will now pop up at 11.00am on Sunday.

So, without further ado, let’s get cracking. Our guest contributor this week is James Marsden from Futurlab, the supremely talented team currently working on dazzling PS Vita shoot ‘em up Velocity Ultra.

FarCry3

Fred Dutton, SCEE Blog Manager

What was the last video game you played?
Far Cry 3. I spent last night torching a marijuana farm, and enjoyed the experience thoroughly.

What was the last movie/TV show you watched?
The Walking Dead. Struggling through series two on a friend’s promise that series three suddenly gets good. Currently hoping the entire cast is devoured by zombies, pronto.

What was the best book or article you read this week?
The Cat’s Table by Michael Ondaatje. Hugely entertaining tale of adventure on the high seas – recommended!

What tunes are soundtracking your weekend?
I’m on a dorky power-pop kick right now – Free Energy and/or The Semantics.

Persona 4

Jawad Ashraf, PlayStation Store Content Coordinator

What was the last video game you played?
Persona 4 Golden! Sunk about 30 hours into it in about four or five days! I’m trying to finish this at least once before Ni No Kuni and Metal Gear Rising (<3 Platinum Games <3) arrive.

What was the last movie/TV show you watched?
The very last thing I watched was Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure. The only anime that I’ve enjoyed in recent times.

What was the best book or article you read this week?
This story has me and other The Walking Dead comic book readers thinking all sorts now… what could it mean, hmm?

What tunes are soundtracking your weekend?
SNSD… I kid! My time is all for Persona 4 Golden.

limbo

Chris Howe, PS Store and Plus content manager

What was the last video game you played?
Much like Fred I’m slowly working my way through Far Cry 3 and I have been re-playing LIMBO again.

What was the last movie/TV show you watched?
Last film I watched was Dodgeball. A classic, I’m sure you will agree! I’m also really looking forward to seeing Gangster Squad over the weekend.

What was the best book or article you read this week?
Currently working my way through James Corden’s autobiography – hilarious and definitely worth a read.

What tunes are soundtracking your weekend?
In these pretty manic times I like to calm things down with a bit of Joshua Radin. But I’m off to see Thriller over the weekend so some Michael Jackson will be on the iPod over the coming days!

needforspeed

James Marsden, Managing Director, Futurlab

What was the last video game you played?
Well, I’ve mostly been playing a certain teleportation shoot ‘em-up for PS Vita, but that’s cheating a little. Other than that I’ve been playing a ton of Need For Speed: Most Wanted on PS Vita. I get a little bit OCD trying to get the longest, highest jumps in that park with the big fountain.

What was the last movie/TV show you watched?
It was Christmas right? So I watched Back To The Future and Jaws. They never get old. At the office we began the week watching Predator during our lunch breaks, and now we’ve moved onto Aliens. This is research, honest.

What was the best book or article you read this week?
Easily the best article I read this week was Art Is The Best Business on What Games Are, Tadhg Kelly’s blog. Man that guy is a legend. It basically says the best strategy for success in the games industry is to make quality games that people love. What can I say, it spoke to me :-)

What tunes are soundtracking your weekend?
I’ve been listening non-stop to the Deus Ex: Human Revolution soundtrack. It’s been on loop for about two months. This is research as well of course :p I also got my girlfriend Puscifer’s ‘Conditions Of My Parole’ (the singer from Tool’s other band) for Christmas, so I’ve been absorbing that as well. It’s good.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

53 Comments 25 Author replies
Show oldest first

i’ve been oddly addicted to Jetpack Joyride. There’s no depth to it, only one control, and I’ve became ‘Barry’ three times over but still I pick it up and carry on playing. Weird. :/

brucewillis215 12 January, 2013 @ 10:58 am   2

off topic: I have a problem i downloaded Littlebigplanet 1 last night the ps3 version took about 2039mb’s but when i tried to install it asked me to copy to psp but that was the ps3 version. i double checked so can you fix this? (i also connected my ps vita to the ps3 and didn’t work to copy it over )

Fred Dutton 12 January, 2013 @ 12:22 pm

Sorry to hear you’re having problems. Customer support will get you fixed up: http://bit.ly/QUfbUY

Generally, I’m going be very strict about keeping this thread on topic every week. The Recap post tomorrow is the place to be posting more general queries. Thanks.

silent_strike95 12 January, 2013 @ 11:08 am   3

@Fred, you don’t like the walking dead? Has to be one of my favourites, surprised there are people who can watch and not instantly love that show.

@Jawad 30 hours in 4 or 5 days? Impressive. P4G must be a damn good game.

@Chris Thanks for reminding me I’ve still got Limbo to play… never enough time!

Fred Dutton 12 January, 2013 @ 12:25 pm

What can I say? I just don’t like a single one of the characters. And watching them sit around on a farm week in, week out talking about their feelings makes me want to slip in a coma. The zombie bits are… ok, but few and far between. I really wanted to like it, as the comics are fun and I’m a big horror fan. But can’t get into it. Sorry!

Jawad Ashraf 14 January, 2013 @ 9:56 am

It’s a solid game indeed. Squeezing in everything I had during the Christmas break!

dark_angel69 12 January, 2013 @ 11:11 am   4

I like this post. Sounds like fun. Nice to see you (Chris and Fred) playing the same game (Far Cry 3). I already have it finished and got the platinum but at least you both have something to talk about while at work :P

Here’s mine:

What was the last video game you played?
Rocksmith – So addicted to this right now. Love my guitar like I love my games!!

Still need to get my platinum on Assassin creed 3, Dishonored, Ratchet and clank Q-Force and Dragon ball Z Budokai hd collection

What was the last movie/TV show you watched?
Last movie – Warrior (again. Has a beautiful emotional ending)
TV show – I forgot now. Was either The Big Bang Theory or How I met Your mother

What was the best book or article you read this week?
Nothing! I don’t read books. I play games!!!

What tunes are soundtracking your weekend?
All Rocksmith songs and a few others on VidZone

Fred Dutton 12 January, 2013 @ 12:29 pm

I saw Warrior the other day actually. Good movie! Tom Hardy was great, I thought.

Far Cry 3 Plat seems like a loooooong way off for me – that map is enormous. Looking forward to exploring though.

DAYDANNY666 12 January, 2013 @ 11:50 am   5

I have met Ian Livingstone, he came into college as a guests speaker, he was the best guest ever and gave us a greate presentation, told us how he started off in the game industry to were he is now and what a guy he is.

Ian Livingstone was way better than the guests from the royal family or that business women lol don’t even know her name.

TINTINTB303 12 January, 2013 @ 12:22 pm   6

What was the last video game you played?

(PS3) Far Cry 3. Just finished the main campaign and have a couple of outposts left to deal with. My gaming surprise of 2012(2013-ish) as I usually hate FPS games (Bioshock also being the exception to the rule).

(Vita) Started Virtua Tennis 4 (got it new for £7 from GAME online). A solid sports sim that I can see myself playing many hours of.

*honorable mention as like I, like THE_FORCE cannot put Jetpack Joyride down.
Barry Steakfries is an excellent name for anyone, not just in a videogame :-D

What was the last movie/TV show you watched?

Just going through the excellent Dexter (Series 6) at present. Highly recommended!

What was the best book or article you read this week?

My latest edition of OPM dropped through the letter box this week after going AWOL over Xmas so I’ll be enjoying that new magazine smell over the weekend. :-)

What tunes are soundtracking your weekend?

An old acid trance/techno mix I made back in the late 90s that I found in a random cardboard box the other day!! :-D

Fred Dutton 12 January, 2013 @ 12:33 pm

Big Dexter fan here! Just finished the most recent season. It jumped the shark on about five separate occasions (that seems to happen every season though, right?) but was great fun nonetheless.

Alas, I’m not sure I can share your enthusiasm for late ’90s acid trance/techno though ;)

Nicko_McBrain 12 January, 2013 @ 12:24 pm   7

I’m in the same situation as you, Jawad! I’m 25 hours into P4G (started on monday) and it’s such an addicting game. Trying to finish it before my Ni No Kuni Wizard’s Edition arrives and still got some PS+ games to finish on my PS3.

Jawad Ashraf 14 January, 2013 @ 9:57 am

Good luck finishing it! I think I’m just over half-way but those Persona fusions and learning all their skills before fusion often distract me!

Lunastra78 12 January, 2013 @ 12:29 pm   8

Played: Crysis 2
Just started it, looks pretty. Hope it can keep my interest for longer than the average FPS.

Watched: Django Unchained
Disappointing Tarantino movie, much preferred his older movies (Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs etc)

Read: Outer Dark (Cormac McCarthy) + latest batch of comics
Another good McCarthy book. Comics: Berserk, Dorohedoro, Vinland Saga etc. And of course: Walking Dead (this just keeps getting better!)

Music: Toro y Moi, Processory etc
Just whatever stuff I stumbled across lately.

Fred Dutton 12 January, 2013 @ 12:36 pm

Agreed, old Tarantino > new Tarantino. Still going to check out Django though – but I will be managing my expectations.

Kudos on the McCarthy nod!

Crysis 2 – really enjoyed that one, and I’m not a big shooter fan. Some really fun mechanics to play around with!

Good that you asked for articles too and not just books Fred. I for sure don’t manage to read a book each week. ;)

My stuff:

Planetside 2
Despite the cheaters, a wonderful game. Just another week or two for a new gun on my sweet Magrider. ;)

Person of Interest
I love the actors that play the major villains. :)

Polygon’s article on Ken Levine

LPO’s “The 50 Greatest Pieces Of Classical Music”
No kidding, I love it.

Fred Dutton 12 January, 2013 @ 12:43 pm

I’ve been meaning to check out Person of Interest. That’s the J J Abrams one, right? It’s fun?

Heh, I manage about 3 books a year. I am super slow. So yes, links will do fine!

Geez, too many smilies.

Nightmare966 12 January, 2013 @ 12:36 pm   11

So, am I the only one whose last game played has been an HD Collection? I just discovered Zone of the Enders. And oh. my. God. The second one has to be one of the games I’ve enjoyed more ever.

Plus that Rising demo (come on February! Come on!) :P

TINTINTB303 12 January, 2013 @ 12:41 pm   12

Great to see you on the blog over the weekend Fred.

Feels a lot more relaxed and less “business like” if you get what I mean?! ;-)

Kudos to you matey :-D

Keep up the great work!

Fred Dutton 12 January, 2013 @ 12:45 pm

Thanks! Hopefully we can keep this post nice and friendly every week. Just dashing out now actually, but I’ll do my best to stop by again later.

TINTINTB303 12 January, 2013 @ 12:44 pm   13

@Golwar :-)

Smiles because it’s the weekend! ;-)

and another just for kicks, plus the fact I’m in a really good mood today. I’ll make it a big one!!

:-D

dark_angel69 12 January, 2013 @ 12:47 pm   14

@Fred
Yep it really was a good movie. Watched it loads of times and Tom Hardy sure was great. Was also great on Batman the Dark Knight Rises as Bane

Don’t worry about how long your plat will take. It’s actually not as long as you think. Only the exploring makes the game long (I think the exploring is better on Far Cry 3 than it was in Skyrim). The co-op seems a little weird but at same time is very good. Had some bad connection when playing it tho

@Fred

Yes, it is one of J. J. Abrams’ projects.

I was disgusted by the first episode of Person of Interest. It had a lot of things that usually tick me off. Focus was too much on fighting / action scenes. And even worse: They were badly done, lacking logic etc.

But I’m glad that I gave it another chance, it gets better and better with each episode. Action has a reduced impact now (and is better realized), the character development and story matter.

And as mentioned before, they have really great villains. Don’t want to spoil anything by naming the actors, as the villains start as neutrals, if not even characters that are/seem in need of help first. :)

Fred Dutton 13 January, 2013 @ 4:50 pm

Cool, I will get to it eventually. Got a bit of a TV backlog to work through :)

chrisboers 12 January, 2013 @ 1:16 pm   16

Great new post, it will be fun to see what you guys are doing off-hours :-)

Here’s my entry:
What was the last video game you played?
This week I finished Mass Effect 3 (the Collector’s Edition + Omega DLC) for the very fist time, and I’m now deciding whether I dare to move on to the ‘Insanity’ difficulty for the platinum trophy. If so, ME3 will be my ‘game of January’ (see the Weekend Debate).

What was the last movie/TV show you watched?
Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. So much better than the previous movies (except for the one-of-a-kind Jack Nicholson)

What was the best book or article you read this week?
I’m trying to read through Death Gate, a seven-book SF series. Very interesting read. Recent article is an 8-page special on Ni-No-Kuni in the Dutch OPM.

What tunes are soundtracking your weekend?
Best of 2012 on Music Unlimited, and Ben Liebrand Grandmix 2012. Both excellent overviews of the music of 2012!

Fred, Chris, if you guys are interested over the weekend perhaps we can play some FC3 co-op? Would be a great laugh, if you guys are cool with it, hit me up with Chris’s PSN when your on Fred. Could be great fun.

Fred Dutton 13 January, 2013 @ 4:51 pm

Hit me up if you see me online, for sure. I was hoping to polish off the single player first TBH, but you never know, I might well be up for it.

S-o-h-a-i-l 12 January, 2013 @ 1:38 pm   18

Jawads on the right tracks, follow suit Fred – Persona 4 Golden’s the way to go ! First game I’ve played in the series, and now I’m stuck wondering what the hell was I doing during the PS2-era…truely amazing game, the Vita’s library of games is much greater then people make it out to be, lets hope 2013 adds even more to it.

Fred Dutton 13 January, 2013 @ 4:51 pm

I’ll get to it eventually!

Jawad Ashraf 14 January, 2013 @ 10:02 am

I was consistently nagged by a friend to play the Persona 3 and 4 when they were on PS2. I refused to due to another game in the SMT series. I don’t regret not playing them though since hey, this is now the finest version to play! Perhaps I’ll check out P3 later..after I finish the first Persona, too!

Witcher70 12 January, 2013 @ 2:08 pm   19

Currently working my way through Okami HD…… Truly a beautiful game so addictive sank 25 hours into it so far.

TV show/film sorry to say I haven’t watched any this week, too busy playing games lol !

Last book I read was about a year ago called Gangster by Lorenzo Carcaterra my fav author couldn’t put it down read the whole thing in two days and was in floods of tears ! a definite must read for anybody that likes a weepie !!

Music, I listen to anything really !!!

Jawad Ashraf 14 January, 2013 @ 10:06 am

Okami HD… such a lovely game. I can’t say that about many games but Okami HD is just that – lovely! Happy I go my Platinum trophy for it (60 hours).

Highly recommend the game for anyone looking for a fine single-player experience.

ryannumber3gamer 12 January, 2013 @ 2:15 pm   20

Off topic Fred but when is the PS All-Stars costumes coming? the US got them on Tuesday, Also is their going to be a costume pack or do you have to get each one by itself?

Great feature Fred.

Been playing Jet Pack Joy Ride and Need for Speed on the Vita. Great stuff.

Just Started reading The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead. :)
Thanks to Gavin Moore (The Puppeteer creator) who was talking on the blog a few weeks ago about it.

And thanks to Music Unlimited have been listen to Le Loops 2nd album, pretty amazing.
Have a great weekend :)

Fred Dutton 13 January, 2013 @ 4:53 pm

Did you read World War Z, by the same author? Wow, what a book. You should pick it up as soon as you’re done with ZSG (and before the dubious Brad Pitt movie hits the cinemas).

i was sucked in a strange world of Knytt Underground
hidden behind oled screen of my vita

was watching yesterday seven psychopats
it was nice to see two actors from broadwalk empire
getting shoot in first minutes of the movie
damn broadwalk empire is such a good series
and
i keep listening to GTA – Bath Salts lately
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAWK3Bh0Lqk[/url]

Anilusion 12 January, 2013 @ 3:15 pm   23

I tried the demo of Motorstorm RC and I loved it. Are you planning on putting it or the the complete pack on sale any time soon?

Alienshade 12 January, 2013 @ 4:58 pm   24

PERSONA 4 GOLDEN ROCKS!

Project2insanity 12 January, 2013 @ 5:14 pm   25

Last video game?
Okami HD for PS3, nearly 60 hours in. If it wasn’t HD, I’d add ‘again’ to the end of that sentence. PSASBR for Vita. The latter being a surprise hit for me, really doubted it until playing.

Last movie/TV show?
Strictly speaking, Transformers: Dark of the Moon but The Expendables 2 just before (it deserved a shout out).
@Fred; Far as I’m concerned, The Walking Dead game’s storytelling far outclasses the show. Season 1 was good but lacking in many areas. Season 2 was so poor, I pretty much skipped it. Season 3 has finally brought quite a few episodes on par with the game so there is hope.

Best book or article?
Erm… do the character profiles on PSASBR count?

Soundtracking?
Breed 77, new single free from Facebook currently via link off their website. Other than that, The Offspring’s latest album. Excellent call from James Marsden, Deus Ex:HR ost is a firm favourite for me.

Fred Dutton 13 January, 2013 @ 4:55 pm

Noted – I’ll report back in a week or two when I’ve made it onto series 3!

What was the last video game you played?
Asura’s Wrath. Rage never dies.

What was the last movie/TV show you watched?
Game of Thrones.

What was the best book or article you read this week?
Awakened Mage by Karen Miller.

What tunes are soundtracking your weekend?
I got Black Mages as christmas present. Nobuo Uematsu rocks.

supersmith2500 12 January, 2013 @ 5:40 pm   27

Gotta admit Persona is the best video game franchise but pitty it’s that underrated for me. Well it’s coming out next month anyways and it should help Vita sales a bit more for Europe even though it’s one the best Vita games so far even my friend said it’s great. Should be a good year for the Vita.

This weekend I’ll be mostly be playing the highly addictive FarCry 3 and watching series 4 of the excellent Misfits.

I’ll be reading the review guidelines for PSNation.org (soon to be .com) as I’m a new reviewer there! :)

What was the last video game you played?
Resident Evil 6. I maybe the only one but am really enjoying it so far. I like the Uncharted style set pieces and feel the atmosphere is still there just in a more action oriented direction

What was the last movie/TV show you watched?
Seven Psycopaths. The best film of the past few years IMHO , made me feel like early Tarantino did ( and the dream sequence is epic )

What was the best book or article you read this week?
mainly scouring the internet for anything on Ni No Kuni

What tunes are soundtracking your weekend?

Revisiting older stuff in my library mainly Rap and old electronica – Strong Arm Steady and CJ Bolland

abdirizak007 12 January, 2013 @ 6:37 pm   30

Fred My frend :) can’t we get Sly 4 demo this week? come on Fred. u Know the US got it like 1 year ago. so pleasse Fred? :,(

Game: I downloaded Life of Pixel on my Vita to check it out and I can’t put it down. Now it’s on my Xperia Play as well. It’s short and simplistic but brilliant fun. Any chance of a sequel visiting more consoles of our childhood? Any chance of Super Meat Boy on Vita???

TV show: Dexter season 7 & Walking Dead Season 2. Can’t choose between the two.

Book: I got the full Game of Thrones collection on amazon black friday deals for like £15. It will take a while to finish..

Music: Can’t get the tune of Life of Pixel out of my head!!!!

Fred Dutton 13 January, 2013 @ 4:57 pm

Life of Pixel is on my list – I’ve heard very good things. Good luck with Game of Thrones – start reading now and you’ll be done by Christmas 2014.

euphoricape 12 January, 2013 @ 8:13 pm   32

Also loving far cry 3 here! Favourite tv show is breaking bad. Cant remember enjoying a series as much ever before, I highly recommend it to anyone.
Current into Australian indie band Tame Impala. Both their albums are on music unlimited for fans of psychedelic indie rock.

PS+/sales guru?
The current sale is crap, the prices are ridiculously high on the store (£60 for a game that came out years before, was no more than 40 in store, dropped to 20 in a few weeks, and is currently £9 on average is not good salesmanship, esp if you want to even compete against the SteamBox or make digital downloads remotley appealing) I understand its not just him on the team, but, without the ability to tow the line or fight for fair deals Im afraid this is simply a laughable description =/.

Also go play DeadSpace, classic game, dont bother with 2 and 3 is going the way of Resi 5 x_X

@fred

having read all the comics i was very let down by the way season 2 of the walking dead went and was ready to give up on the show but from the first episode of season 3 you can see the show has taken a far better and more enjoyable direction.

it almost feels like a different show, the first half of season 3 was some of the best tv i have seen in years.

also a good read if your into the walking dead comic universe is the paperback rise of the governor it gives you a great look at the governors back-story that you don’t see in the comics.
currently on the second book the road to Woodbury which is also shaping up nicely.

CP-Daniel 13 January, 2013 @ 12:14 am   35

Spyro, always spyro.. damn i love those games too mutch

cooldudematt 13 January, 2013 @ 7:44 am   36

This is actually a really good idea. Here are my picks:

Last Game you Played:

PS3 – Saints Row The Third: The Full Package
This is one game I could play over and over again. So funny and great characters make this game Awesome. Especially Professor Genki.

PS Vita – PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Really good game but quite annoying when going for the platinum, especially with all of the rage quitters and expert players. Still can’t wait for Kat & Emmett.

Last Movie/TV Show you watched:

Movie – Spider-Man 2.1
While I’m off work, I figured I’d watch all of the Marvel movies on Blu-Ray and I thought I’d start with my favorite Spider-Man flick. Alfred Molina is definitely the greatest spider-man villain in the film franchise.

TV Show – Supernatural
Funny enough, I’ve only just started watching this and it is strangely addictive. Overall great program.
Notable Mention: Also just recently started watching Arrow and the Brutal and Dark tone of the program is fantastic.

Last Article/Book read:
None lately. Too many good things on TV.

Music – Various
There is too many songs that I’ve listened to in the past 24 hours that I can’t remember.

Fred Dutton 13 January, 2013 @ 5:00 pm

Supernatural is a real guilty pleasure. Lots of fun to be had in the first few seasons. I caught episode 1 of Arrow too – I’ve been meaning to watch some more. Like I said, backlog!

SamiFFXII 13 January, 2013 @ 9:36 am   37

I’m kinda new but can i join??? :D

Well the last game i played was Uncharted Golden Abyss, liking it so far and still retains that charm, but the last game i completed was Gravity Rush, still gotta do the extras but that game was awesome and a breath of fresh air. I haven’t played my PS3 in months but i have to complete Red Dead Redemption :)

The last Article/Book i read was an article in TheEconomist on human invention, on whether it’s dissipating or not, and how it has slowed down, very interesting read and i find myself agreeing with most of it.

Last movie i watched was actually last night, Being John Malcovic, i find it funny but really odd, slightly overrated in my opinion but nevertheless an interesting concept.

Last TV Show i watched was Sherlock, season 1 was a ok, but it really picked up pace for season 2 and i can’t believe how good it was, looking forward to season 3.

Music: I have been listening to a lot of Third Eye Blind, their self titled album in particular, Yelawolf and Eminem have been on my playlist, been using MusicUnlimited so it’s been fun.

P.S great suggestion for an article this, keep it up guys!!!

Fred Dutton 13 January, 2013 @ 5:03 pm

Of course, welcome! The Store update post every Wednesday would certainly benefit from a few Economist readers – jump in ;)

Third Eye Blind – that’s a blast from the past. Are they still going??

TINTINTB303 13 January, 2013 @ 10:27 am   38

@ daxx619

Good call on CJ Bolland ;-)

Along with the mix I mentioned in my post I also found my CD of one of my all time favorite albums.

Electronic Highway – CJ Bolland

The man is an absolute genius. His older stuff is pure quality :-D

Hexahedronaut 13 January, 2013 @ 12:44 pm   39

What was the last video game you played?
PS3
Well on I’m currently playing through a backlog of about 15 games just got my platinum trophy for mass effect and currently playing mass effect 2.

IPOD
Sword and sworcery.. this game is just visually stunning and the soundtrack is really good.

What was the last movie/TV show you watched?
Movie
Last movie I watched was hard candy on netflix.

TV show
Last TV show I watched was the league on netflix.

What was the best book or article you read this week?
Well I don’t usually read TBH but I’m currently listing (yeh not really reading) to Mogworld by Ben Croshaw very good audiobook, very funny.

What tunes are soundtracking your weekend?
to much to list but the album iv listened to the most this weekend is Violent Waves by Circa Survive.

Fred Dutton 13 January, 2013 @ 5:04 pm

Great call on Sword & Sworcery – a lovely game made by some lovely people.

Notlaw1976 13 January, 2013 @ 5:26 pm   40

Good new feature.

Last game played/currently playing:

LOTR War in the North – had for ages, been meaning to try it. Seems ok, but only about 2 hours in. Will certainly persevere.

Last film watched:

The Amazing Spiderman – thoroughly enjoyed it, better than the Sam Raimi ones. Would recommend.

TV show:

Watching The Equalizer from the start again. Haha, like being back at school again.

Music:

Alt J – Been meaning to try the album for months now. Damn fine. Also some old Clutch albums and some Aphex Twin.

Book/Article:

Lee Childs, Killing Floor – Jack Reacher film made me want to read the books in the series that I hadn’t read already.

strusiu44 13 January, 2013 @ 7:03 pm   41

wszystko ok , ale dlaczego nikt tu nie pisze po polsku ;)

Nice to see the blog team always coming up with new ideas.

Last game i played

well i just recently had an operation on my shoulder so i can’t move around too much an can only game with one had at the moment so i started a big game on Civilization 4.

What was the last movie/TV show you watched?
I watched the whole 2 seasons of game of thornes in 2 days… since i have nothing better to do. I also watched the Japanese Ace Attorney movie which was good.

What was the best book or article you read this week?

Started reading the death note manga again… never gets old

What tunes are soundtracking your weekend?

Well i guess that game of thornes theme tune is pretty much drilled into my head.

This was a great idea. Nice to get knowing fellow ps-gamers and get tips what-to-play/watch/read/listen on my freetime. If somebody missed Asura’s Wrath (like I did), I recommend to check it out since it’s on sale. Berserk meets Heavy Rain. And speaking of Berserk, check the new movie trilogy Golden Age. And the original Berserk comic if you haven’t, Toughest Fantasy Comic. That’s one Epic graphical novel.

Dante_Zero 13 January, 2013 @ 10:39 pm   44

i still need to watch Indie Game : The Movie on netflix. i was hoping to get to it this weekend but other things have got in the way. Been trying to watch video’s and read up last minute stuff before my driving test tomorrow.

@Fred: Far Cry 3 is a huge map but tbh it’s pretty quick to get around once you’ve done things like the Radio Towers and stuff. I thought the SP would take me linger that it did but was totally worth it. I recommend try the Co-Op campaign as it’s different from the SP and is a hell of a lot of fun. I really enjoyed that.

Any vita owners out there i’d recomend New Little Kings Story. I’ve been slowly chipping my way through it when i’ve had 5 minutes free and is a lot of fun.

Well this weekend I’ve COMPLETELY finished Virtues Last Reward (loved it but now desperate for the next one!), watched The Fall and Possession (little Lee Pace obsession developing :)) and listened to Slipknot and Eminem playlist while angrily sweeping at work :) hm I like this new feature I can seem like ive acheived something instead of just spending way too much time playing games/watching movies :D

Ah and book! Just finishing Snuff, last disworld book at the moment :(

@Fred

why don’t we have Sword & Sworcery on Vita?
i would love to play that.

FrEaKin_GaMeR 14 January, 2013 @ 2:29 pm   48

@Fred
seriously now how long we would wait to see some real games on calssics game section on psn store ether ps1/ps2 games,for person who played most of sony games sins ps1 like me he would feel what i feel now,i do understand the pressure on your hard works with your team,but that does not mean it takes about months just to see few good titles that been added on psn classics game store and the rest is like random dart shooting champion or 3D chess game..,if you guys need help on listing which is best classics games should be added ether ps1 or ps2 games,please do say so and many of us will be listing what is good games are missing on psn store now,you can open new topic about suggestion missing or not added yet cool classic games on psn store as new topic in this website so many can join and share there needs like me..because there are hundreds cool ps1/ps2 games that not yet been added for the last 2 or more years now,my requests are
XGRA: Extreme-G Racing Association,PS2
Rollcage Stage I & II,PS1
dot.hack//series & dot.hack//G.U. series,PS2,it’s 7 discs linked story.
FFX & FFXII,PS2,as FFX maybe the best PSN store game over Okami when added.

FrEaKin_GaMeR 14 January, 2013 @ 2:42 pm   49

We are the players,and the one who buy and browse the games on psn store,our suggestions and ideas are very impostant on making psn store content better,no matter what you guys do,working alone with your hardworks,might not be able to remember everything in one day other than your to do list job,so please give us a chance to see what more we need to see from psn store and what is messing,also no one wants to pay alot,so why no compress all same title releases into one package and one price in psn store?,i mean like spyro 1,2,3 is compressed as one price and package costs £7.99 which is okay,and what about the rest? like syphon filter 1,2,3?,and other titles?,that needs attention,also we need fair discount seasons for all classic games on psn store for psn+ members of bitween 10% to 20%+ discounts,i think psn+ members deserve it,i’v been checking the store daily for months now,the discount section on playstation+ got only few offers like for tomb rider 1 and 2 on ps1?!!,common guys…wake up.

Stonesthrow 15 January, 2013 @ 12:37 pm   50

I’ve been playing DmC the last days, thinking about picking up Okami now since my Move has been too neglected since launch.

Just got the old Star wars trilogy and the Avengers on Blu ray, so those’ll get watched soon.

Still need to transfer the Datura ost too and buy the Unfinished swan OST.

Load all