Posted 1:40pm

New Gran Turismo 5 DLC: 2014 Corvette Stingray Final Prototype revealed

Lead image Corvette_C7_g05

Hello Gran Turismo fans. In November, in tandem with our colleagues in the US, we gave you a tantalising glimpse of a soon to be revealed new vehicle from General Motors. The heavily camouflaged vehicle was downloadable for free and available to drive within Gran Turismo 5.

Corvette_C7_g03 Corvette_C7_g10

Today I can confirm that the vehicle behind the camouflage is the all-new Corvette Stringray – the seventh generation of the legendary sportscar. The car is being officially unveiled at this year’s annual Detroit and is set to be the talk of the show.

The really great news for all petrol-heads is that the stunning V8 is set be made available to all Gran Turismo 5 owners as DLC via PlayStation Store on Tuesday 15th January from 8.00pm GMT. Even better than that, the new content will be free to own.

Chevrolet 2014 Corvette Stingray

Gran Turismo developer Polyphony Digital Inc. has been working closely with General Motors in bringing the American car manufacturer’s vision to the Gran Turismo community. Here’s what Chris Perry, Vice President of Chevrolet Global Marketing had to say on the project.

“Getting behind the wheel of the all-new Corvette Stingray – the most powerful, most efficient and most sophisticated standard Corvette ever – is sure to be a thrilling experience.

“Through this unique collaboration with Gran Turismo, Chevrolet is able, for the first time, to give performance car enthusiasts access to such an exclusive driving experience the day after the Corvette Stingray’s world debut.”

Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital, was equally enthusiastic about the partnership.

“The Polyphony team has had an unforgettable experience getting to know the Corvette Stingray, inside and out, and bringing it into Gran Turismo 5. We’re excited to share our experience with fans and let them feel, explore and drive the Corvette in a way that wasn’t possible until now.”

All six previous generations of the Corvette have been in previous versions of Gran Turismo and this newest model looks to be one of the most thrilling rides yet.

Check out the trailer below and then head over to gran-turismo.com for more information.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

22 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Dante_Zero 14 January, 2013 @ 1:50 pm   1

Awesome news, i do wish GT5 would get DLC more regularly though. Seems to only occur every 3 to 4 months if that and i’d would luv to see more support as well like new features such as a replay upload to youtube, new tracks, loads more new cars, challenge friends on lap times and social integration with FB and Twitter.

That’s great, I’ll be sure to download that.

Don’t worry about any more DLC, just concentrate on Gran Turismo Vita.

themadgiraffe 14 January, 2013 @ 2:08 pm   3

Id love more DLC for Gran Turismo like a collection of tracks from previous games and including Midfield. Best track ever! Gran turismo 5 has so much playablity years later but i think the DLC has been a bit of a let down in terms of quantity. From GT5 release date to now. Still one of my firm favorites but my life would be complete with Midfield lol

any chance of a DLC sale for gt5?

kasasensei 14 January, 2013 @ 2:26 pm   5

What a beauty…. <3

Is the endurance race fuel bug introduced in 2.09 ever going to be fixed?

Darkcraft-BE 14 January, 2013 @ 3:26 pm   7

@ MrT820 : seeing that somewhere tomorrow all online services for GT5 will be unavailable due to maintenance ( = incoming update ) it could be that the fuel issue will be fixed ;-).

marcusd666 14 January, 2013 @ 3:50 pm   8

It’s great having extra cars for the DLC but I would really like to see more real life tracks in the DLC.

supersmith2500 14 January, 2013 @ 4:09 pm   9

Gotta admit that is one sweet ride right there. Going to add this to my car collection on Wednesday. But still, I wish the team at Polyphony would start developing GT for the Vita soon.

9# Start??? They better be developing it right now.

COOL;) + GT5 looks REAL!!!:P

The best GT!

Hm! So do we get Willow Springs? It’s in the video….

Stop forcing these huge patches onto me just for me to play online. Xbox Live doesn’t force huge updates, it makes them optional.

I’m never going to buy a GT game again.

Darkcraft-BE 14 January, 2013 @ 8:32 pm   15

KylieDog , I’d rather have forced updates to play online than having to pay a monthly fee just to be “allowed” to play online.
But that’s just my opinion

Stonesthrow 15 January, 2013 @ 12:27 pm   16

Awesome, just too bad the game takes such a load of HDD, otherwise I’d probably still have it installed. Might have to reinstall it on my other ps3 for occasional races :p

supersmith2500 15 January, 2013 @ 8:10 pm   17

Awesome, it’s now available to get now. I’m so gonna drive this beast. Also guys in case on why it’s marked as 0.79 it’s just a glitch so don’t let it fool you since the car is mean’t to be free to download.

supersmith2500 15 January, 2013 @ 8:14 pm   18

Also very bad timing with the release because the maintenance is just started. >_<

Mantinijo 15 January, 2013 @ 8:37 pm   19

Hey, Penrose Tackie

Why GT5 sold only in Blu-ray discs? I would like to buy GT5 in PSN store. Thank you.

I downloaded it and already installed but nothing appeared on my Downloadable Content, why?

10 out of 10 for getting the exclusive on this corvette but where is the special event either offline or online to promote the car and/or the other corvettes.

Let’s hope the number of events and not cars is top of the list for the next gt