Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:50pm

PSN maintenance scheduled for 17th January

UPDATE 3: PSN maintenance is now nearly complete. Service is expected to resume at around 10.00am GMT.

UPDATE 2: Unfortunately PSN maintenance is still underway and service is now not expected to resume before tomorrow morning. Please look out for further updates.

UPDATE: Apologies for the inconvenience, but today’s scheduled PSN maintenance has over-run. We are currently not expecting service to resume before 10.00pm GMT. Should this change, we’ll update you here, on Twitter and Facebook.

ORIGINAL POST: In order to continue bringing you the best online games experience on PSN, we will perform routine maintenance beginning the afternoon of Thursday, 17th January. This maintenance will start at approximately 4.00pm GMT and last until around 4.00am GMT on 18th January. During the maintenance period, you may receive a maintenance notification when attempting to access PSN.

The PlayStation Store and Account Management will not be available during the maintenance period but you WILL be able to access online play and apps provided that you have signed into PlayStation Network at some point between now and the time of the maintenance. So please be sure to sign in now if you wish to access the Network during Thursday’s maintenance window.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your support.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

150 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first
WildRushSykes 15 January, 2013 @ 2:38 pm   1

First!!

I don’t see the point in this as the SEN has been running fine for me. Can we get more details of whats being changed or added?

Fred Dutton 15 January, 2013 @ 3:35 pm

I’m afraid I don’t have any more information to pass on, other than what is in the post. Again, our apologies for any inconvenience.

is nuketown zombies for bo2 going to be available before 4pm as it has been announced to be available that day for season pass holders?

Vannaa_Girl 15 January, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   3

is a shame it is not 4am to 4pm

that always seems more sense for the majoritys to access the store and online

is good for letting us know in good time though :)

Please get rid of Latin Player and LBP2TROLL in LBP

supersmith2500 15 January, 2013 @ 4:40 pm   5

Thank you for letting me know Fred, usually we don’t get a maintenance notice on the blog. PS2 for me on that day.

supersmith2500 15 January, 2013 @ 4:42 pm   6

Btw Fred question, does it affact PlayStation Home as well since Home and other 1st-party games with online servers do.

dark_angel69 15 January, 2013 @ 5:22 pm   7

Thanks for the heads up Fred. Will be logging in before that time for sure anyway. Have a few single player only games for a back-up in-case I fail to log back in

do get bonuses

ahmedhd_78 16 January, 2013 @ 8:54 am   9

شكرا ياغالي على التنوية

WickeD_SheeP 16 January, 2013 @ 11:11 am   10

Will there be a new Firmware update for the PS3? I really hope that Sony will have something that prevents all these cheaters and hackers from accessing the PSN forever.

hopefully i get access to my bought content so i can play it!
sony support takes forever to fix it!

why i can’t Log in PSN now ?

Eigen-Vector 18 January, 2013 @ 8:53 am   13

Could someone, anyone at Sony EU break with tradition and show some respect to thier customers/users by, at the very least acknowledging that network is STILL down at 08:50 GMT

Fred Dutton 18 January, 2013 @ 9:04 am

I’ve just been informed that unfortunately the scheduled maintenance has over-run. Full service is not expected to return until 18.30 GMT. Many apologies for the inconvenience.

this is from the playstationEU twitter account; Unfortunately scheduled PSN maintenance has over-run. The service is not expected to return until 18.30GMT. Apologies for the inconvenience.
This really screws us here in Australia as this is a peak time for gamers to be online or about to go online, we always get shafted with these downtimes!

Eigen-Vector 18 January, 2013 @ 10:07 am   15

Many Thanks Fred for the prompt reply/update :-)

Eigen-Vector 18 January, 2013 @ 10:11 am   16

+1 for XtAsTy aswell :-)

10pm now? Having trouble getting a replacement hampster for the server wheel? :P

Firstly, thanks for the update. This is appreciated.

The thing I’m concerned about is that there seems to be so much maintenance involved with PSN and we hardly ever hear what is being done, even on a high level. Even if the statement said ‘This is routine maintenance to ensure stability of our systems’ or ‘we need a break and the technician’s mate has a good deal on 2 days at Butlins, so we’ll shut down the system for a bit’

Anything would be good.

Nightmare966 18 January, 2013 @ 2:46 pm   19

Quite an overrun.

I’d like to ask something. I’ve noticed that this is global maintainance (EU, US, JP), but this isn’t the usual thing right? I don’t remember any maintainance of all 3 countries being the same day.

Fred Dutton 18 January, 2013 @ 3:11 pm

Yes, global maintenance is standard actually.

@pb-live Sorry, I can’t comment beyond what is in the post above – it’s really not my department. That said, your first suggestion is likely very close to the mark.

Nightmare966 18 January, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   20

Ahh, I see. Thanks for answering Fred, I was a bit worried.

Well, let’s hope this time it doesn’t get extended and we can actually get back to normal soon.

razordude 18 January, 2013 @ 3:18 pm   21

I know we had the option of logging in before this outage and staying logged on, but not much of a chance of doing that with a 32 hour outage – or with the Vita. So, basically, thanks for screwing up a Friday night where we’re all snowed in and would quite like to play online.

Very disappointed as I’d traded in my disk version of Borderlands 2 and bought the digital version to play today, along with the latest DLC. Sadly wasn’t able to get home in time yesterday to get it downloaded – so am sat here unable to play it at all. Wish I’d not bothered now.

Having to wait about 36 hours from purchase to being able to even start downloading is not a great way to encourage us to move to downloads over disks.

Rochey1999 18 January, 2013 @ 4:45 pm   23

How come some of us can’t even log on!

ezis12345 18 January, 2013 @ 5:31 pm   24

sooo…whats this update gonna be about? Is it one of those Software updates like a new Version or something?

ezis12345 18 January, 2013 @ 5:41 pm   25

Oh and i kno this isnt the riht place to ask this but dose any 1 kno if we are gonna get double exp weekends on bo2 like we did on the 1st 1

moriarty1975 18 January, 2013 @ 5:51 pm   26

@ezis12345

Should be one at the end of this month because of the “other console” getting the map pack on the 29th.

CerberusSco 18 January, 2013 @ 6:11 pm   27

This is poor, a full 24hrs for an update? Not happy Sony!

ezis12345 18 January, 2013 @ 6:47 pm   28

@CerberusSco
No 1 cares about your feelings -_- its only 24hrs not like its 3 months or something you’ll get over yourself dw

Notlaw1976 18 January, 2013 @ 6:56 pm   29

Not good. Still offline. When you try to access the Store it says undergoing maintenance press circle to go back, but circle won’t work. I have to hold PS button and turn off the system. Any ideas anyone?

Bloodlust_1138 18 January, 2013 @ 7:15 pm   30

I really need to access my account to cancel my PS+ before you guys charge me. >_<

Jamesyp00 18 January, 2013 @ 7:51 pm   31

@Bloodlust try logging into your SEN account instead, that might still be working.

thymeparadox 18 January, 2013 @ 7:58 pm   32

Get over it, guys. Server maintenance can easily overrun, and quite often it isn’t anybody’s fault. Same as car maintenance, building maintenance, any type of maintenance. Have you ever tried to do something, and it took you longer than expected? Well, that’s what’s going on here. I’m sure you can occupy yourselves for one night.

CerberusSco 18 January, 2013 @ 7:59 pm   33

@ezis12345 I see you’re still working on your random intelligence! However, I’ll try being nicer if you’ll try being smarter.

On the other hand it would be good to know why this update is taking longer than the original 04:00am GMT deadline that Sony said it would take. Added to the fact that there are still people who can’t login to their SEN account. It’s a joke. Anyway, if you’ve nothing productive to add in future, then please don’t leave childish comments bb!

Bloodlust_1138 18 January, 2013 @ 8:52 pm   34

@Jamesyp00 tried that already account management is unavailable on SEN too. Thanks for trying to help :)

Newest update, it’s now Saturday morning.

“Unfortunately PSN maintenance is still underway and service is now not expected to resume before tomorrow morning. We’ll update again soon. “

almighty-slayer 18 January, 2013 @ 9:42 pm   36

Never coming back. PSN shut down :P

Oh come on! This is becoming ridiculous! I cant seem to play online either when you’ve said i’ll be able to?

BOZANCEROS 18 January, 2013 @ 10:28 pm   38

Jebem vam pas mater! Time to sell my ps3 and i hope your ass (Sony) goes bankrupt because of you i have w8 to play nuketown zombies wich i have been waiting for ages and payed alot of money to get… but no you stupid bastards ruin everything!! Sony worst company ever…
Sincerely a frustrated and dissapointed customer!

Atleast you Fred know how to update some news for the customers thank you.

nickspaargaren25 18 January, 2013 @ 10:30 pm   39

music unlimited is down too :( :(

tick tock tick tock…….erm im losing patience with this now :(

almighty-slayer 19 January, 2013 @ 1:46 am   41

Maintenance extended yet again, folks!

Extensions into infinity. Just bought black ops 2. Yay.

CerberusSco 19 January, 2013 @ 2:19 am   43

Update: We are currently performing maintenance to upgrade the software for the PlayStation Network from January 17-19th. This maintenance is scheduled to end around 2:00am PDT (5:00am Eastern/10:00am GMT) Saturday January 19th.

Via Twitter bit.ly/XkXzTx

almighty-slayer 19 January, 2013 @ 3:03 am   44

Now it’s expected to come back in about 7 hours. Unless they extend it again.

This is soo frustrating. I’ve bought Borderlands 2 ad dlc season pass on january sale (was it monday? Or tuesday?). I’ve tried to download it. First my console froze on 53% whie downloading. I’ve downloaded again overnight and in the morning I saw “corrupted data” – the instal has failed. I’ve tried to install it two more times and it failed. Do i deleted the install file and went to ps store and redownload it. And guess what – psn maintenance. It’s third day I am waiting to download Borderlands 2 and it’s frustrating as hell.. US blog says that it will take almost additional 12h to psn to be back online?

grizzchaw 19 January, 2013 @ 5:11 am   46

i still cant get online i heard it was going to be fixed by 9 and its 11now any news on when it will be online

Ive been able to log in on the PS3 pretty much all day, but was unable to log onto the blog o_O, cant imagine that being expected…
Are we likely to notice any difference from this? I doubt Singstar will be gone or the Store will be better, so is it just security or are we likely to see any benefit “I cant discuss anything further” broad statements,

19 jan 4am
still no work!!!!

SCOTT_15H 19 January, 2013 @ 5:23 am   49

just been able to sign into network but not account management

steveo8869 19 January, 2013 @ 6:03 am   50

how much longer is this gonna take got a psn card today so i can download a game off of the psn store to find i still cant get on psn store do we get something out of this cause yous are way over the time line yous guys said it will be out for

Load all