Posted 3:50pm

PSN maintenance scheduled for 17th January

UPDATE 3: PSN maintenance is now nearly complete. Service is expected to resume at around 10.00am GMT.

UPDATE 2: Unfortunately PSN maintenance is still underway and service is now not expected to resume before tomorrow morning. Please look out for further updates.

UPDATE: Apologies for the inconvenience, but today’s scheduled PSN maintenance has over-run. We are currently not expecting service to resume before 10.00pm GMT. Should this change, we’ll update you here, on Twitter and Facebook.

ORIGINAL POST: In order to continue bringing you the best online games experience on PSN, we will perform routine maintenance beginning the afternoon of Thursday, 17th January. This maintenance will start at approximately 4.00pm GMT and last until around 4.00am GMT on 18th January. During the maintenance period, you may receive a maintenance notification when attempting to access PSN.

The PlayStation Store and Account Management will not be available during the maintenance period but you WILL be able to access online play and apps provided that you have signed into PlayStation Network at some point between now and the time of the maintenance. So please be sure to sign in now if you wish to access the Network during Thursday’s maintenance window.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your support.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

150 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

WildRushSykes 15 January, 2013 @ 2:38 pm   1

First!!

I don’t see the point in this as the SEN has been running fine for me. Can we get more details of whats being changed or added?

Fred Dutton 15 January, 2013 @ 3:35 pm

I’m afraid I don’t have any more information to pass on, other than what is in the post. Again, our apologies for any inconvenience.

is nuketown zombies for bo2 going to be available before 4pm as it has been announced to be available that day for season pass holders?

Vannaa_Girl 15 January, 2013 @ 3:24 pm   3

is a shame it is not 4am to 4pm

that always seems more sense for the majoritys to access the store and online

is good for letting us know in good time though :)

Please get rid of Latin Player and LBP2TROLL in LBP

supersmith2500 15 January, 2013 @ 4:40 pm   5

Thank you for letting me know Fred, usually we don’t get a maintenance notice on the blog. PS2 for me on that day.

supersmith2500 15 January, 2013 @ 4:42 pm   6

Btw Fred question, does it affact PlayStation Home as well since Home and other 1st-party games with online servers do.

dark_angel69 15 January, 2013 @ 5:22 pm   7

Thanks for the heads up Fred. Will be logging in before that time for sure anyway. Have a few single player only games for a back-up in-case I fail to log back in

do get bonuses

ahmedhd_78 16 January, 2013 @ 8:54 am   9

شكرا ياغالي على التنوية

WickeD_SheeP 16 January, 2013 @ 11:11 am   10

Will there be a new Firmware update for the PS3? I really hope that Sony will have something that prevents all these cheaters and hackers from accessing the PSN forever.

hopefully i get access to my bought content so i can play it!
sony support takes forever to fix it!

why i can’t Log in PSN now ?

Eigen-Vector 18 January, 2013 @ 8:53 am   13

Could someone, anyone at Sony EU break with tradition and show some respect to thier customers/users by, at the very least acknowledging that network is STILL down at 08:50 GMT

Fred Dutton 18 January, 2013 @ 9:04 am

I’ve just been informed that unfortunately the scheduled maintenance has over-run. Full service is not expected to return until 18.30 GMT. Many apologies for the inconvenience.

this is from the playstationEU twitter account; Unfortunately scheduled PSN maintenance has over-run. The service is not expected to return until 18.30GMT. Apologies for the inconvenience.
This really screws us here in Australia as this is a peak time for gamers to be online or about to go online, we always get shafted with these downtimes!

Eigen-Vector 18 January, 2013 @ 10:07 am   15

Many Thanks Fred for the prompt reply/update :-)

Eigen-Vector 18 January, 2013 @ 10:11 am   16

+1 for XtAsTy aswell :-)

10pm now? Having trouble getting a replacement hampster for the server wheel? :P

Firstly, thanks for the update. This is appreciated.

The thing I’m concerned about is that there seems to be so much maintenance involved with PSN and we hardly ever hear what is being done, even on a high level. Even if the statement said ‘This is routine maintenance to ensure stability of our systems’ or ‘we need a break and the technician’s mate has a good deal on 2 days at Butlins, so we’ll shut down the system for a bit’

Anything would be good.

Nightmare966 18 January, 2013 @ 2:46 pm   19

Quite an overrun.

I’d like to ask something. I’ve noticed that this is global maintainance (EU, US, JP), but this isn’t the usual thing right? I don’t remember any maintainance of all 3 countries being the same day.

Fred Dutton 18 January, 2013 @ 3:11 pm

Yes, global maintenance is standard actually.

@pb-live Sorry, I can’t comment beyond what is in the post above – it’s really not my department. That said, your first suggestion is likely very close to the mark.

Nightmare966 18 January, 2013 @ 3:14 pm   20

Ahh, I see. Thanks for answering Fred, I was a bit worried.

Well, let’s hope this time it doesn’t get extended and we can actually get back to normal soon.

razordude 18 January, 2013 @ 3:18 pm   21

I know we had the option of logging in before this outage and staying logged on, but not much of a chance of doing that with a 32 hour outage – or with the Vita. So, basically, thanks for screwing up a Friday night where we’re all snowed in and would quite like to play online.

Very disappointed as I’d traded in my disk version of Borderlands 2 and bought the digital version to play today, along with the latest DLC. Sadly wasn’t able to get home in time yesterday to get it downloaded – so am sat here unable to play it at all. Wish I’d not bothered now.

Having to wait about 36 hours from purchase to being able to even start downloading is not a great way to encourage us to move to downloads over disks.

Rochey1999 18 January, 2013 @ 4:45 pm   23

How come some of us can’t even log on!

ezis12345 18 January, 2013 @ 5:31 pm   24

sooo…whats this update gonna be about? Is it one of those Software updates like a new Version or something?

ezis12345 18 January, 2013 @ 5:41 pm   25

Oh and i kno this isnt the riht place to ask this but dose any 1 kno if we are gonna get double exp weekends on bo2 like we did on the 1st 1

moriarty1975 18 January, 2013 @ 5:51 pm   26

@ezis12345

Should be one at the end of this month because of the “other console” getting the map pack on the 29th.

CerberusSco 18 January, 2013 @ 6:11 pm   27

This is poor, a full 24hrs for an update? Not happy Sony!

ezis12345 18 January, 2013 @ 6:47 pm   28

@CerberusSco
No 1 cares about your feelings -_- its only 24hrs not like its 3 months or something you’ll get over yourself dw

Notlaw1976 18 January, 2013 @ 6:56 pm   29

Not good. Still offline. When you try to access the Store it says undergoing maintenance press circle to go back, but circle won’t work. I have to hold PS button and turn off the system. Any ideas anyone?

Bloodlust_1138 18 January, 2013 @ 7:15 pm   30

I really need to access my account to cancel my PS+ before you guys charge me. >_<

Jamesyp00 18 January, 2013 @ 7:51 pm   31

@Bloodlust try logging into your SEN account instead, that might still be working.

thymeparadox 18 January, 2013 @ 7:58 pm   32

Get over it, guys. Server maintenance can easily overrun, and quite often it isn’t anybody’s fault. Same as car maintenance, building maintenance, any type of maintenance. Have you ever tried to do something, and it took you longer than expected? Well, that’s what’s going on here. I’m sure you can occupy yourselves for one night.

CerberusSco 18 January, 2013 @ 7:59 pm   33

@ezis12345 I see you’re still working on your random intelligence! However, I’ll try being nicer if you’ll try being smarter.

On the other hand it would be good to know why this update is taking longer than the original 04:00am GMT deadline that Sony said it would take. Added to the fact that there are still people who can’t login to their SEN account. It’s a joke. Anyway, if you’ve nothing productive to add in future, then please don’t leave childish comments bb!

Bloodlust_1138 18 January, 2013 @ 8:52 pm   34

@Jamesyp00 tried that already account management is unavailable on SEN too. Thanks for trying to help :)

Newest update, it’s now Saturday morning.

“Unfortunately PSN maintenance is still underway and service is now not expected to resume before tomorrow morning. We’ll update again soon. “

almighty-slayer 18 January, 2013 @ 9:42 pm   36

Never coming back. PSN shut down :P

Oh come on! This is becoming ridiculous! I cant seem to play online either when you’ve said i’ll be able to?

BOZANCEROS 18 January, 2013 @ 10:28 pm   38

Jebem vam pas mater! Time to sell my ps3 and i hope your ass (Sony) goes bankrupt because of you i have w8 to play nuketown zombies wich i have been waiting for ages and payed alot of money to get… but no you stupid bastards ruin everything!! Sony worst company ever…
Sincerely a frustrated and dissapointed customer!

Atleast you Fred know how to update some news for the customers thank you.

nickspaargaren25 18 January, 2013 @ 10:30 pm   39

music unlimited is down too :( :(

tick tock tick tock…….erm im losing patience with this now :(

almighty-slayer 19 January, 2013 @ 1:46 am   41

Maintenance extended yet again, folks!

Extensions into infinity. Just bought black ops 2. Yay.

CerberusSco 19 January, 2013 @ 2:19 am   43

Update: We are currently performing maintenance to upgrade the software for the PlayStation Network from January 17-19th. This maintenance is scheduled to end around 2:00am PDT (5:00am Eastern/10:00am GMT) Saturday January 19th.

Via Twitter bit.ly/XkXzTx

almighty-slayer 19 January, 2013 @ 3:03 am   44

Now it’s expected to come back in about 7 hours. Unless they extend it again.

This is soo frustrating. I’ve bought Borderlands 2 ad dlc season pass on january sale (was it monday? Or tuesday?). I’ve tried to download it. First my console froze on 53% whie downloading. I’ve downloaded again overnight and in the morning I saw “corrupted data” – the instal has failed. I’ve tried to install it two more times and it failed. Do i deleted the install file and went to ps store and redownload it. And guess what – psn maintenance. It’s third day I am waiting to download Borderlands 2 and it’s frustrating as hell.. US blog says that it will take almost additional 12h to psn to be back online?

grizzchaw 19 January, 2013 @ 5:11 am   46

i still cant get online i heard it was going to be fixed by 9 and its 11now any news on when it will be online

Ive been able to log in on the PS3 pretty much all day, but was unable to log onto the blog o_O, cant imagine that being expected…
Are we likely to notice any difference from this? I doubt Singstar will be gone or the Store will be better, so is it just security or are we likely to see any benefit “I cant discuss anything further” broad statements,

19 jan 4am
still no work!!!!

SCOTT_15H 19 January, 2013 @ 5:23 am   49

just been able to sign into network but not account management

steveo8869 19 January, 2013 @ 6:03 am   50

how much longer is this gonna take got a psn card today so i can download a game off of the psn store to find i still cant get on psn store do we get something out of this cause yous are way over the time line yous guys said it will be out for

monkeyboigarry 19 January, 2013 @ 6:34 am   51

im back online :)

Crazzy_3inawii 19 January, 2013 @ 6:43 am   52

I can’t play online now :|

bloggsyuk 19 January, 2013 @ 6:56 am   53

why are some of my online freinds able to log in and i cant we live in the same country

did we know what this maintenance is about? firmware update or something else gone wrong?

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. BUT I WAS ABLE TO SIGN IN THIS MORNING AT 07.00 am WHAT A JOKE AFTERTHA LENGTH OF TIME. YET PLAYSTATION HOME , PLAYSTATION STORE AND ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT ARE STILL DOWN ( CLOSED FOR MAINTENCE ) COME ON SONY GET A GRIP OF YOURSELF’S. THIS IS WELL OUT OF ORDER YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED I THINK WE SHOULD GET SOMETHING BACK IN RETURN FOR ALL THE HASSLE THAT HAS BEEN CAUSED.

LordIceland 19 January, 2013 @ 7:37 am   56

hi sony.
it is now 8:30 in czech republic. network is still not function.
plese double chech your informations on czech pages. there is not correct informations about this maintenance.
when will be psn back again function?
i paid for psn plus account and my money are wasted. i rememeber that last time that maintenance longer than 24 hours was coused by attack on our accounts. i hope you do not try to our patience and dont mask some radical problems for this maintenance now.

Seriously man up and stop whining. It is frustrating, but every single service needs a maintenance once in a while. Go out, grab a beer, read a book. Can’t you kids entertain yourself for a day without PSN working?

If you hate Sony that much, Microsoft awaits you with their free network service that does never go down. Oh wait…

midwestpenpal 19 January, 2013 @ 7:51 am   58

vlr07 zasłużone propsy za komentarz ;).

Seems to be working now. I can log in

Its saturday 19th jan and i still cant get on

midwestpenpal 19 January, 2013 @ 7:57 am   61

I can log in, but still nothing about entering Store, or something else : )…

What an absolute joke!! Some answers NOW Sony.

Nacchi-desu 19 January, 2013 @ 8:16 am   63

This is pretty bad, what could you guys be doing for it to take this long?

Mojo__Man 19 January, 2013 @ 8:23 am   64

Yes its really disappointing but MY GOD some people here need to man up. Talk about whiners.

puredodgethe1st 19 January, 2013 @ 8:29 am   65

Are we going to get any answers????

rpeacock121 19 January, 2013 @ 8:29 am   66

yer i cant log in 2

I still can’t go onto the PS Store on my Vita.

Fhardervig 19 January, 2013 @ 8:41 am   68

Please Sony Technicians it is time to rise and shine!
I believe it is (around) 8:40am in UK.

Notlaw1976 19 January, 2013 @ 8:46 am   69

I am still signing into PSN, I can see my friends and what not. I started playing Kingdoms if Amalur last night and it wouldn’t contact the EA servers. As soon as I logged out of PSN, I got straight on… in an offline capacity obviously.

Bored of this outage now.

i have buy a Sony PlayStation Network Live card for GT5 DLC, for the days off from work over the weekend to relaxing and enjoy my self some hours, and from what I see you will i lose all weekend to wait the Sony maintenance…. ok i have other things to do… but i paid for…. sony is very unreliable company.

ALFA_ZOMBIE 19 January, 2013 @ 8:50 am   71

Dear Sony is there by any chance that because of this major set back of us the customers get a free game download of our choice?

EZco_D-PeaceY 19 January, 2013 @ 8:55 am   72

Typical of Sony… Leave Everyone in the dark. About time you showed customers respect and spoke to us. After all, we are paying through our teeth for the products and services. Well, i say services. I should say Unreliable, Unsafe, Untrustworthy, i could probably go on.

WE NEED ANSWERS. You are damn right RUDE and seriously UNPROFESSIONAL. Disgusting service

Fhardervig 19 January, 2013 @ 8:56 am   73

Well probably NOT a game of our own choice.
Everyone would buy BO2 :/
But a trial maybe?

The-Dude2304 19 January, 2013 @ 9:02 am   74

when will the fry’s be done?

good morning sony its now nearly 9.10am and was just wondering if there is any chance u could do me a favour and turn ps store back on sat at work bored and was going to buy a new game for my vita. and an update would be appreciated pls.

what should i call this , a joke ? i just woke up this morning and got 50$ psn cards and still under maintenance ? with no answers ?!

and no i’m not from US i’m from saudi but i sent from my US account

codesal2604 19 January, 2013 @ 9:13 am   78

Hi, I was signed into the playstation network on the 17th but can’t sign in now. I know u are doing some maintenance but it says on your first message that as long as someone has been signed in after the 15th online gaming should be accessible. Please advise what I can do or if known what the problem is?!?! HELP!!!! Snowed in and need contact with the outside world!!!!!

mnemonic-dk 19 January, 2013 @ 9:17 am   79

Well, something has improved from yesterday – then I couldn’t even log in to this site or @ playstation.com. That obviously works now or I woldn’t be posting this, but I still can’t log in to the store on my Vita.
How about another “guesstimate” for resuming full service on NES?

This has just become ridiculous, can’t even keep to your own schedule. poor showing from Sony just for supposed maintenance

kenned1975 19 January, 2013 @ 9:19 am   81

[DELETED] sony how long will it take. come on for real

The lack of updates and information is very unprofessional. My luck was that Wednesday was one of very few days that I didn’t sign in to PSN. Didn’t know about maintenance until after it started. I get email spammed with special offers from the store but never received a single notification about this maintenance. If I’d known, I’d obviously have signed in on Wednesday. Why do they expect us to go looking for this information when they can easily mail it to us which is the correct thing to do anyway?

Sony you’ve changed the time of the maintainance ending to many times for me to keep track of, the least you could do is give us some answers and the time when we can all get back on.

Scheele11 19 January, 2013 @ 9:29 am   84

Interesting to see that the latest blog post is at the end of this thread, first site I have to go the the very end of the thread to find the latest posting. Secondly, how difficult could it be to put the information at the very beginning of the homepage since the entire service is on hold and info about when it is back is what everyone is looking for?

These types of activities makes me think seriously about shifting to XBOX for my next investment of console.

Battlegazi 19 January, 2013 @ 9:30 am   85

Hello, can u stop fixing nothing and just make PlayStation store work. So i can play my new game online , Please. Thank you.

They just put on twitter it will be back on by 10am GMT Time :D can we believe them though???

cardinals8206 19 January, 2013 @ 9:36 am   87

This wouldn’t bother me at all except for the fact that I’ve been waiting for nuketown zombies for months now. It was just a huge disappointment to not be able to get it.

stocw31184 19 January, 2013 @ 9:39 am   88

I have 2 playstations in my house mine and my sons.. On weds night we played bo2 online together …but only his can log in during maintenance but mine can’t…the lack of warning about the maintenance is a joke let alone the timings why do it at the weekend and not start on a Monday evening then when ur dosy technicians realise they don’t have a clue whats gone wrong and it’s gonna take 4 times as long it will still be available at the weekend!!!! Sort it out Sony

Assuming, psn will run again at 10 a.m., I think it will still be difficult to log in because of how many people will try to do it at once.

Lol. Sony clearly doesn’t understand how Twitter is meant to be used. Most people update way too much but where we need updates, Sony takes 13 hours to get news to us.

THE_FORCE 19 January, 2013 @ 9:42 am   91

Please Sony heeeelllLLLPPPP!

I think I’m going to have a coronary without being able to access the Playstation Network for a couple of days.

I mean, I know there’s a whole world out there, but I …..I daren’t.

I…..daren’t ….venture…..OUTSIDE !! AaaaaaaAAARRRGGHHHH!!

After too many hours of PSN maintenance i was hoping for new FW without Singstar icon and…. well… nothing. Why you still keep silent about this issue? It’s been nearly 3 months. SO SAY SOMETHING ALREADY!

was a bit annoyed not to be able to access online music for 24 hours but hey it’s all back now…

It works in Poland. At least I can enter the store..

Hi Sony,in Czech Republic is 10:45 a.m.but PS Home and PS Store are still under maintenance ?:/ Help please … I’m not only one

midwestpenpal 19 January, 2013 @ 9:51 am   96

Everything’s working for me now: store and everything.
Cheers!

oddment84 19 January, 2013 @ 9:52 am   97

I’ve just received an email to say I topped up my wallet! Scared the crap out of me until I saw it was a top up I did back in December. Any reason I should have received an email telling me about a top up I did over a month ago??

Dark-Twisted 19 January, 2013 @ 9:52 am   98

So because of the double delay, are we going to get more of an explanation this time instead of the status quo? Will Vita/PS3 duplicate messaging be fixed? Or will we see Vita friends online now? Or was this all for nothing?

to be resumed at 10am uk time! yeah resumed….but not finished! complete joke! i bet xbox users are laffing into their cornflakes! yet us ps3 users just got sit here and put up with it. well done sony!

Roscoe182 19 January, 2013 @ 10:03 am   100

altho i can wait for the network an explanation .. as to why it needed delaying would be great…… but i doubt we will get one.

for some reason sony do not think our tiny little brains can fathom what they are doing to the servers.

ricord1973 19 January, 2013 @ 10:05 am   101

A company as big a Sony. That has really bad problems in the past. Could you think invest in some sort of back up server. Which could be used when the main server is down for maintance.

yeah playstation store back online

Roscoe182 19 January, 2013 @ 10:07 am   103

its back up i just got in the store

ladorunner 19 January, 2013 @ 10:10 am   104

It’s kinda funny that after all that updating, the PSN store runs even worse than before… the vita section of the store dont even load properly. And there’s only 134 items in it.
And of course the new design just suck, especially when some section have a top banner making you only see 6 items at once, all addons are just scattered instead of being inside a “folder” of the game… and its way too slow, doesn’t seem like having fiber optic internet helps one bit -.-

VitalogyPJ 19 January, 2013 @ 10:13 am   105

Because you own everyone an explanation for this mess, update this thread or make a new one, I don’t care, explaining detailing what happened for a 12 hour maintenance get delayed 3 times and take over 48 hours instead.

Kandracar 19 January, 2013 @ 10:20 am   106

Howcome some of you are so incapable of understanding that this really hasn’t effected you that badly. For those that think xbox is so much better and Sony have let you down so amaingly bad for performing a bit of maintenance on a free service, please just stop. They’ve updated every so often to inform us of the maintenance extensions so really please stop your non-sensical requests for free gifts. Honestly!

BTW thankyou Fred for your updates on what’s happening.

THE_FORCE 19 January, 2013 @ 10:29 am   107

@ 103(VitalogyPJ).

It hasn’t taken over 48 hours. At this time of posting it has taken 42 hours and 29 minutes. ;)

All those people saying it has taken 3 days – get a reality check. It hasn’t even taken 2 days!

Thank you for the updates Fred. Sony owe us an explanation though. Especially us PS Plus users – We have been unable to access a service we pay a yearly subscription for. So Sony what are you going to do to compensate us for this??

Potato1970 19 January, 2013 @ 10:33 am   109

Sony would like to apologise for any delays caused to the scheduled maintainance, this was caused by the wrong type of snow falling on the servers! (those in the UK will know what I mean). Come on people cheer up it’s not like it’s the end of the world lol.

Hi, does this affects Singstar play?

Help….i cant login to my psn. Has my account been hacked?

Air_Lingus 19 January, 2013 @ 11:13 am   112

i think this is a joke and not the first one from sony support, despite following instructions to be signed in before it happened it didnt work, still not working now.

had a similar issue with them before xmas where i had a dodgy controller which then went on the store while i was out of the house ( the only person who was in the house was an 82 year old granny who barely knows how to operate the kettle) and from its crazyness managed to purchase black ops 2 season pass, a game i dont even own. got an email on my phone about the purchase, immediatly called sony who were totally un cooprative accusing the granma of buying it, also got called bruv quite a lot of the tech support person, (very unprofessional) after 3 days of calls they finally said they would look at my controler which has been sent off however no replacement and no refund and a lot of [DELETED] and rudeness from the customer support.

sony you need to learn how to look after the people who are lining your companies pockets with cash, were in a recession and companies are dropping like flies. probably best you look after the people who keep your company afloat.

supersmith2500 19 January, 2013 @ 11:13 am   113

And Supersmith is back online after 2 days wait. Yahoo!

Biggest [DELETED] I’ve ever seen. You promised online gaming would be perfectly possible, yet it wasn’t. You also said it was going to last a night, though the actual duration of maintenance was 1.5 days. Now where the hell is the point in making announcements if you’re not gonna stick to what you say anyway!? Hope you reconsider the content of future announcements better.

LunaticFanatic 19 January, 2013 @ 11:22 am   115

Yes Skidpro. You have been hacked. Time to start running around in COMLETE panic!!

skidpro, no you dont… Dont you have read nothing here?

Cpts

Is it just me that still can’t get into the store ?

CerberusSco 19 January, 2013 @ 11:46 am   118

God there are some trolls on here. Anyway, back to gaming. Thanks for finally getting it fixed Sony. but updating your customers wouldn’t go a miss in the future. After all it is us that buy your products, games & subscriptions.

Also, will echo that the store is extremely slow (just made 6 purchases), but I would expect that’s due to the amount of people logging into the store at the same time after it’s been down for nearly 48hrs.

BIG_MAC-- 19 January, 2013 @ 11:54 am   119

Just realised how much I wouldn’t play playstation without psn been active, thanks for getting it back on people ! anyone who plays fifa add me peace !

riskyfrisky 19 January, 2013 @ 12:36 pm   120

I realise some of you here have the patience of a saint; good for you, however, i don’t. I’m all for Sony completing ‘scheduled maintenance’ but i wasn’t even aware of it until it practically went down. How hard can it be to email psn users, or even a message through the PSN/SEN, spread out a week or so beforehand confirming what is about to take place?

I know there are millions of users but it must be possible. As a plus user (my own choice i know), i at least expect this much. At the end of the day Sony is a business and i shudder to think of the amount of sales lost over the past day and a half whilst the PSN/SEN has been down. Communication Sony, that’s what we need.

Sahlokniiru 19 January, 2013 @ 1:38 pm   121

over 40 hours maintenance downtime !

in that time sony could have removed that singstar icon *slow clap* for sony everyone .. Booo

Phat_Prince 19 January, 2013 @ 2:03 pm   122

Is it supposed to be working yet, because I still can’t connect?

ladorunner 19 January, 2013 @ 2:07 pm   123

It’s been working for me for the past 4 hrs, laggy and buggy, but useable.

Bloodlust_1138 19 January, 2013 @ 2:09 pm   124

As I feared I finally access my account and you’ve gone and charged me for Playstation Plus which I don’t want! I want a refund and remove Playstation Plus I don’t want it! :(

monoliet 19 January, 2013 @ 2:16 pm   125

to pers. who play free = u have problem ????
to pers who pay ps+ ore abo = shame u sony
digital only future + streaming = no option u close u stuf 1 min!!!!
do u job in the background ;)

+ when is the day u do somting ok from the first time ( sarcastic )

I can’t add money to my account after the maintenance, get error (56)

Phantom_Blaze 19 January, 2013 @ 4:00 pm   127

I got very angry over the extended maintenance, but the delay is now over and PSN is back up, so i’ll forget about that.

However, you should now explain why we had to wait as long as we did and what you were doing during this maintenance.

That is all I, and most probably many others want to know.

Thank you.

monoliet 19 January, 2013 @ 4:03 pm   128

Kandracar

1= sony + the game markt want go only online in future
= not axeptabel them go 1 min ofline .
i pay ps+ to have good working service + some % of games- dlc – save online ( normal need to be free to all = them take away savecards )
2= peopel are geting more en more angy to wards sony
- no corect comunication = why ith taked more longer them say + why lots included me where not abel to play online??? ( them 1st say no problem u gone be abel to play online )

-lots of pers. hate sony + contry love to uk + usa ( to many peopel in online games from uk ore usa = i skip )

after long maintenace = stil no sing to remove spamstar
stil rong language in dutch flemish + the netherlands store – 14 unwanted alfabetic leters in search option
ps store = veryyyy slowwwwwwwwwww

monoliet 19 January, 2013 @ 4:09 pm   129

ps store search option = more then 1 min if u pick letter

u pick te u geting streetfichter ??????????
warhammer

u onli pick t = 4/5 tings whith t rest = more then 100 tings not whith t

cardinals8206 19 January, 2013 @ 4:39 pm   130

Does anyone know if its working in the US yet?

Let me get this straight, your complaining because Sony were doing maintenance? Okay, so let’s say they didn’t bother, and all your accounts got messed up from a glitch in the system, would you be complaining then too? Surely spending 2 days without your playstation plus games didn’t cause the world to crumble around you, fair enough, I’m not a PlayStation plus member myself, but my boyfriend is, and he survived. Do you not realise that during that maintenance, Sony were adding, changing and improving things for ‘you’, and still you complain, because it took ”too long” Wow, some of you guys really need to get a life.

@deena93
Can’t agree more.
You know PSN falls under the category of things that when it works flawlessly, no one ever says anything good… but when it doesn’t even for a sec everyone has something bad to say.

@monoliet
Cause you don’t know how to use the new search function that doesn’t mean is useless.
This kind of search has been around for decades.
Lets say that you want to search for Gran Turismo.
If you Press G it lists all things with G, then you press R, so the list will update with titles only containing GR, then you press A, then N and so on…with every letter you input it updates the list and narrows the results.
So it is a very smart and quick search function and the way it works takes a lot of load from the servers.
If you had worked in Unix,Linux or even Mac’s you would know.

After the maintenance i can’t add money to my account getting error (56)

FIX IT FAST, want to buy walking dead

Good maintenance Sony……… NOT

eggball99 19 January, 2013 @ 6:41 pm   134

@Kajax

Same problem here, error 56 everytime

EZco_D-PeaceY 19 January, 2013 @ 8:05 pm   135

SONY…. Listen to your customers. Without us you would be nothing. I go on quite a few forums from different companies and this is the only company that i cant remember seeing a good comment on. Well, what do you expect from a greedy, unprofessional and customer service retarded company.

You suck, i cant wait to hear on the news that sony has gone into administration. That would seriously make me the happiest man alive. I promise when that happens (its very possible) i will make my way to your headquarters and throw my ps3 at the 1st member of staff i see. And i will do it laughing.

R.I.P soon thieving scum.

I hope it includes more unremovable icons on my XMB. Or isn’t this a FW update?

DoomRaider 19 January, 2013 @ 8:36 pm   137

wat is sony doing that taking so long ?

@Bloodlust why u didn’t cancel it via Computer?

Alan2112 19 January, 2013 @ 9:05 pm   139

@ monoliet the extra characters in the search function are there because they are used in game and dlc, without the extra characters people wouldn’t be able to find the game or dlc they were looking for.

Project2insanity 19 January, 2013 @ 9:49 pm   140

@EZco_D-PeaceY; Yeah, last thing I would ever do is shell out to a greedy, unprofessional company. Could you imagine the sheer embarrassment if anybody found out I was a complete hypocrite by actually owning one of their products!? I mean, seriously, jeez… and what if I was so smart, I actually confessed to it myself!?

Oh, wait… hang on… you may want to skip over what I just wrote.

You don’t recall good comments here because you’re ignorant enough to see only what you want to see.

For Plus members; the maintenance has not stopped you accessing your downloaded content, you are still receiving a functional service. Only a short period without access to the latest content.

Anyone know what the maintenance was actually for?

I checked the PS store and didn’t notice anything different.

THE_FORCE 20 January, 2013 @ 8:59 am   142

I think it’s for the upcoming Omni announcement.

ladyusa99 20 January, 2013 @ 5:48 pm   143

where is counter strike ?? i cant see in pstore uk

Bloodlust_1138 20 January, 2013 @ 7:13 pm   144

@P3hmo6 I tried through my computer to but was still not able to access to settings as my account manger was unavailable due to maintinence. I just hope they have a good line up over the next 3 months usually start of the year is a crap slow trickle of stuff you only download because you’ve paid for it :(

andrewsqual 20 January, 2013 @ 7:51 pm   145

The only Sony game on your PSN ID is GT5. Just your run of the mill Fifa and COD head. Don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out. Good riddance.

ilp-BlackMamba 21 January, 2013 @ 1:32 pm   146

i think people are angry because the lack of info, if a train gets delayed for example u get a reason so ppl understand,on psn we dont …also last time HOME wasnt wrking my fish in my tank died cos i codnt log on so I had 2 buy an item to bring em back to life-unnecacary money,im on ps plus for 90days with all the time psn isnt wrking i loose out on Value do i get days added on prob not,oh last thing for the ppl who keep saying”if psn doesnt come on by….. im buying an X-box” well… they have probs as well u know

- why is Singstar icon still in XMB?
- why your company didn’t act for nearly three months?
- why we didn’t get any meaningful answer?
- why customer support act like some firewall for uncomfortable questions?
- why you still ***** out with us?
- why i could even bother with Sony products now?
- what could stop me from taking some radical solutions?

P.S.I didn’t start this war, you did!

Nintendo3ds2 25 January, 2013 @ 7:34 am   148

After that maintenance when I try to purchase stuff on Playstation Store on my vita an error has occurred also when I try to purchase something from the SEN Store it says We’ve encountered an error while processing your order. The Transaction has not been completed. Please try again later. And the error code on Playstation Store on my vita is called E-80551071. Why did Playstation do this? If I see that error next year I’m not happy with Playstation!!!!

Nintendo3ds2 27 January, 2013 @ 8:59 pm   149

Sorry about my previous post the error will be gone until 8:45 am on PlayStation Store and SEN Store.

im in UAE (ae.platstation) and still receive this msg! seriously. when its gonna be resolved!?