Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 5:00pm

Far Cry 3 High Tides DLC available exclusively on PS3 today

DLC_COOP4_NOLOGO

Greetings all. Looking for some more Far Cry 3 action? Well, look no further. The High Tides DLC pack is available today, exclusively to PlayStation 3 owners, and contains two brand new maps for use in the co-op campaign, and more theme skins for all four characters.

In these two new co-op missions Hoyt’s privateers have ambushed the four survivors and taken them hostage. It’s up to you and your friends to escape an underground prison and find a way off this island of insanity.

The four new skins contained within our High Tides DLC honour the Rakyat tribe with tribal tattoos and a new wardrobe for each character.

DLC_COOP3_NOLOGO

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Far Cry 3‘s co-op mode, the plot begins roughly six months before Jason’s adventure on the island. Our four characters – Leonard the crooked cop, Mikhail the Russian hitman, Tisha the ex-Soldier and Callum the Scottish thug – escape their old lives to begin anew far from their beginnings.

Unbeknownst to them, the captain of their ship moonlights as a slaver and has sold the passengers off to the island pirates. But they’re about to get more than they bargained for.

Play online with two to four players or offline in split screen mode with a friend.

The new High Tides DLC is now available for free on the PlayStation Network. Please enjoy!

DLC_COOP2_NOLOGODLC_COOP1_NOLOGO

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

25 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

OH YEAH!
This was the game of the year for me. 12% away from the platinum, here we go!

Thanks for this SONY!

AMAZING!
Thanks UBISOFT!

Dante_Zero 16 January, 2013 @ 5:10 pm   3

I’ve just finished downloading it, anybody know if it has any extra trophies? doesn’t matter if it doesn’t i’m just curious.

sp dlc misions please !!!

It’s very good, even if without trophies..

kamil880713 16 January, 2013 @ 5:23 pm   6

cool !!! I can’t wait to download this pack !!!! THANKS SONY . This game is really awesome !!!

k1ll1ng5pr33-NL 16 January, 2013 @ 5:24 pm   7

Can’t find it in the (Dutch) PSN Store..

moriarty1975 16 January, 2013 @ 5:25 pm   8

If you can’t find the DLC on the store then use the ingame store (on FC3′s main menu) to download it.

You can already download it from the game internal store.

Bumblebee 16 January, 2013 @ 5:30 pm   10

YAY! Looking forward to getting in on this using my new Sony Pulse headset… I recommend it, it’s like having a rumble pack on your head.

dark_angel69 16 January, 2013 @ 5:43 pm   11

Sweet!! Cant wait to check them out. Thanks Ubisoft!!

Artemisthemp 16 January, 2013 @ 5:54 pm   12

Been considering pick up Far Cry 3, but how is the game?

Stuff like this just lowers my opinion of both companies involved – like Bethesda and Microsoft with Skyrim DLC. I just feel like content has been withheld from me because this game suits my PC more than my PS3.

This trend is even worse than Day 1 DLC and really needs to stop.

dark_angel69 16 January, 2013 @ 6:02 pm   14

@Artemisthemp
Amazing!! You should get it! I’ve played many hours just exploring. In my opinion it’s a far better game to explore in than Skyrim was. Even those who aren’t into shooters have said they loved this game. Try it out. Defo GoTY!

TINTINTB303 16 January, 2013 @ 6:23 pm   15

@ Artemisthemp

I have to agree with dark_angel69

I am far from a fan of first person shooters but LOVE this game!!!
My surprise GOTY of 20212 and only 2 co-op trophies away from getting the Platinum!!

I’ve spent HOURS on this game and enjoyed every minute of it!!

Buy it ASAP!! You will not regret it :-D

This is excellent, been playing the co-op way more than single player and already hit level 75 but it doesn’t seem to go higher, will you increase this some time? Unfortunately I seem to keep finding games on the same couple of maps already which is becoming boring so this will hopefully help with that.

There just has been a sore update and everything is in, exept High Tides…

I live in the Netherlands, WHY sony WHY?

Artemisthemp 16 January, 2013 @ 6:44 pm   18

#17 I just check Danish PSN – Nothing!
Then I went over to UK PSN and found Deluxe Bundle DLC and High Tides, so I fear Netherlands and Denmark are in the Grey Zone, when comes to Far Cry 3.

Note: Hope it’s just a mistake from Sony side.

@Fgras goto the store from in-game and it’s there… Square button on the main menu!

Artemisthemp 16 January, 2013 @ 6:47 pm   20

#19 Is the Deluxe Bundle DLC also in the In-game store?

Probably! I’m not sure i’m in Norway…. It’s not in the store here, but it’s in the in-game store so go grab it there! I already have all the other DLC

fffffff ..fff.. free!!!!

I_live_4_fun 17 January, 2013 @ 3:04 am   23

The Australian/New Zealand PS Stores don’t have it at the moment either.

You_Better_Hide 19 January, 2013 @ 10:26 am   24

Um, would download if it was up and running in our country… come on guys!

Stonesthrow 20 January, 2013 @ 6:46 am   25

Sweet! Been hooked on the co op untill recently. Looks like I’ll manage to max level those last weapons I’m interested in afterall :p
On a down note, the matchmaking in the co op is HORRIBLE. Needs choice in difficulty when searching for a match. Bordered on a glitchfest at times too.. But other than that a really enjoyable co op experience, and awesome game altogether!