Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 4:00pm

Skyrim add-ons land on PS3 in February, 50% off for one week

Today we’re excited to announce that, next month, we’ll be releasing all of Skyrim‘s add-on content on PlayStation Store.

The 1.8 title update will also release just prior to the launch of Dragonborn. We’ll keep you posted as release dates get finalised. Last but not least, each add-on will be 50% off during its launch week on PSN.

Ready to learn more about the content you’ll be playing? Here’s a quick overview:

Skyrim - Dragonborn

In Dragonborn, you’ll journey off the coast of Morrowind, to the island of Solstheim. Encounter new towns, dungeons, and quests, as you traverse the ash wastes and glacial valleys of this new land. Become more powerful with shouts that bend the will of your enemies, and even tame dragons. Your fate, and the fate of Solstheim, hangs in the balance as you face off against your deadliest adversary – the first Dragonborn.

• Explore beyond Skyrim: Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn’s return.
  • Become the ultimate Dragonborn: Harness the power of the Voice as you face off against the first Dragonborn. Wield new shouts and spells including Dragon Aspect – allowing you to summon the inner power of a dragon to deliver colossal blows and strengthen other shouts.
  • New powers: Discover dark powers as you journey into a new Daedric realm. Collect books of forbidden knowledge and choose new paths for your skills and abilities.
  • New dungeons, creatures, weapons, and more: Suit up in Bonemold and Chitin armors and wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate through a myriad of dungeons. Battle formidable foes like Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and more.

Skyrim - Hearthfire

In Hearthfire, you can purchase land and build your own home from the ground up – from a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with an armory, alchemy laboratory, stable, garden, and more.

Use all-new tools like the drafting table and carpenter’s workbench to transform quarried stone, clay, and sawn logs into structures and furnishings. Even transform your house into a home by adopting children.

• Choose your land: Choose from property in the salt marshes of Hjaalmarch, the forests of Falkreath, or the vast tundra of The Pale. For the more ambitious landowner, purchase multiple plots and start building a real estate empire.
  • Customise your home- Expand your home with a variety of room combinations including an armory, alchemy tower, kitchen, trophy room and more. Grow plants in your new greenhouse, cultivate slaughterfish in the fish hatchery, house your Arcane Enchanter in the enchanting tower, or display your latest conquest in the trophy room. Add additional features like stables, mills, smelters, gardens and more.
  • New objectives and interactions: Guard your home from unwanted visitors like marauding kidnappers, armed bandits, and skeever infestations. Turn almost any follower into your personal steward to improve and protect your home. Or if you require more help, hire a personal bard or carriage driver to ease the burdens of home ownership.
  • Adoption: Transform your house into a home with Hearthfire’s all-new adoption system. Adopt children and discover new ways to interact with your family. Play games with the kids, allow them to have pets and gain new bonuses from having a family.

Skyrim - Dawnguard

In Dawnguard, you’ll face the Vampire Lord Harkon, who has returned to power. By using the Elder Scrolls, he seeks to do the unthinkable — end the sun itself. Will you join the ancient order of the Dawnguard and stop him? Or will you become a Vampire Lord yourself? Featuring an all new faction questline and locations, the ultimate choice will be yours.

• New weapons, armour, spells and shouts: Join the Dawnguard and wield all new crossbows and craft your own arrows, bolts, and Dragonbone weapons. Use new weapons, armour, spells and shouts, including the Soul Tear shout – that rips the souls from your enemies and turns them into your minions.
  • Become a vampire lord: Side with the vampires and become a Vampire Lord yourself. Hover across the ground, turn yourself into bats, levitate your enemies as you drain their life, and more. The Vampire Lord features its own upgradable perk system.
  • Werewolf Perks added: Playing as a werewolf now has its own upgradable perk system including Bestial Strength, Animal Vigor, and Savage Feeding.
  • New locations and creatures: Choose from two new fortresses to upgrade and call home, Castle Volkihar or Fort Dawnguard. Discover lost valleys and travel to a new realm of Oblivion, the Soul Cairn. Battle new creatures including Death Hounds, Gargoyles, Armored Trolls, and all new vampires and dragons.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

55 Comments 8 Author replies
Show oldest first
MaN_uTd_10 18 January, 2013 @ 4:08 pm   1

A-well

SKIBADEE187 18 January, 2013 @ 4:17 pm   2

very happy.

DarkHeroofGames 18 January, 2013 @ 4:33 pm   3

HOLY **** FINALLY MY GOD

almighty-slayer 18 January, 2013 @ 4:33 pm   4

Sold it months ago.

What will the pricing be in Australian dollars, also is there a further Plus discount on top of the 50%?

Matt Grandstaff 18 January, 2013 @ 4:57 pm

It’ll be 50% off the regular pricing. There’s no current plans for a PlayStation Plus discount.

At last, I hope next time sony will easy up with developers when they launch a DLC or a patch.

50% off… like the framerate when it’s running well? Better than 0 fps, I guess.

Wow! As a new elder scrolls fan (as of fall 2012) I’m one of the few who can say that I’m deeply satisfied with the game on ps3:) I’ve even yet to finish playing through the main story, after 100+hours I’ve probably done 30% of the storyline quests. As well as no bugs or cunfused dragons, so this made the game even better for me! Just like fallout 3 on ps3, no bugs except one bug in the megatron bomb quest, but as I’m not as stupid as the majority of complainers on this blog or on IGN.com I saved before it freezed and did not suffer :-p I did learn from others experience though.

*back to the real world* It’s friday and time to partey!!:-D

Maxuno_de_cobre 18 January, 2013 @ 5:16 pm   9

50% OFF. THANK YOU BETHESDA. The made a promise for PS3 users and, at least, we have it here (a bit late, but we’ll have it). And even for this delay we even have 50% off. What else can you ask for?

Muttykins 18 January, 2013 @ 6:03 pm   10

To little way to late as far as i’m concerned.
Bethesda can get stuffed as we get crappy treatment with all bethedsa games.

Nijiura85 18 January, 2013 @ 6:55 pm   11

Will morrowind look like the morrowind i once learned to love? ( elder scrolls 3 )
Same for Solstheim is it just a copy of the old expantion?

Matt Grandstaff 20 January, 2013 @ 4:45 am

You actually do not visit Morrowind, only Solstheim. It’s similar to what you experienced in the Morrowind expansion, Bloodmoon, but time has passed in terms of how games look now and how things have changed in Tamriel since the time period of Morrowind.

We think you’ll enjoy it :)

shadowman5454 18 January, 2013 @ 8:14 pm   12

tbfh it was first announced free but looks like it now ganna cost. with the delay we should get it free and it now takin the [DELETED] Tbh cuz Xbox and pc have had thn for free but we have to pay

HotShotAddict 18 January, 2013 @ 9:25 pm   13

Haven’t started skyrim yet so am chuffed

can not wait :)

I was really hyped for the DLC when I first played through Skyrim, back then (as I got to the game late) it was due for release about 2 weeks after I got the platinum for it, now though I’ve moved on and I honestly feel like it may be a little too late.

Plus I also remember the issue we all had with Fallout 3, same sort of problems, then it released and was so buggy it broke the game, Bethesda answered that with – Well you all whined so long for it to come out, we released it and we have no intention of fixing it. – Plus all the info in the post is that the DLC will be 50% off, but that doesn’t give us any relevant information into the actual cost, they could decide to charge £80 and at the discount we pay £40. I know that’s not likely but I would have preferred an actual figure.

Neil_SweetFA 19 January, 2013 @ 5:31 am   16

Absolutely great news! Been waitin for this for a good while and the discount is nice too. I dont understand why anyone would sell skyrim anyway its well worth a replay especially with all the dlc coming in 1 hit. Well done Sony an Bethesda (although you should have enlisted Edge of Reality, they’d have solved this months ago)

That’s great I knew Bethesda wouldn’t forget us PS3 owners and to think we had been told we might never get the DLC, Well done Bethesda, thank you. Can’t wait to play it.

Matt Grandstaff 20 January, 2013 @ 4:45 am

We never forgot you guys. We’ve been working for some time now on these DLCs. We hope you enjoy them.

the1free_man 19 January, 2013 @ 7:13 am   18

I bought this for the xbox just last week. You snooze, you loose. Well, I mean, you guys won’t loose, because you get my money either way. Sony looses. But what else is new…

Tridentmorph 19 January, 2013 @ 9:09 am   19

sold on ps3 ages ago. now completed dlc on the Xbox, so sorry PlayStation too late. know not your fault but should never even let the main game through QA in its original state.

WhiteBishop12 19 January, 2013 @ 9:50 am   20

Hi Matt

Do you have the actual prices for the dlc? So I can prepare my wallet :)

Matt Grandstaff 20 January, 2013 @ 4:43 am

I’ll need to check on the European prices… we’re still finalizing some things with Sony. In the US, Dawnguard and Dragonborn will list for 19.99 USD. Hearthfire will be $4.99. And as mentioned, these prices are 50% during the first week.

MissDreamer 19 January, 2013 @ 10:00 am   21

I would also like a price for the dlc please so that I know which psn card to get. I’m definitely getting this on release day and I can’t wait. Even though I have this on Xbox I still getting this on PS3 because the dlc is fantastic.

Omegastoopreme 19 January, 2013 @ 10:22 am   22

Definitely need to know the cost, 50% of what??? Also is it gonna be 3 separate dlc packs or one big bundle?

C’mon Sony, we’ve waited long enough to deserve to know the actual cost and actual date. most people get paid at the end of the month, I will not be remotely surprised if it comes out mid month then goes back up by pay day as Sony can sit there and say they made it cheap knowing they did it for when most people would be skint.

You_Better_Hide 19 January, 2013 @ 10:31 am   23

50 % off for all the DLC?! Are you mad!!!

*Throws wallet at screen*

At least it will make me pick up the game again, i hope we do not have any “problems” with this DLC (Unlike the 360) and they went over it with a fine toothbrush… meh is Bethesda we are talking about, so prob not.

I hope you keep us posted on the Dates in Feb it will be released. Don’t want to miss it!
Was just wondering when we were going to get it!

You_Better_Hide 19 January, 2013 @ 10:31 am   24

Also. bundle the Three DLC and 50% off the total price of the bundle would work out better!!!

They wil be people to buy this after what Bugsthesda done to ps3 users ? man.. Really they believe the problem for a year delay was the patch? oh well….. Bugsthesda enjoyed the money M$ give them to hold this dlc for xbot and now is time to make some cash from a couple ps3 f@@ls

Demonis11 19 January, 2013 @ 11:00 am   26

my life is complete

Personally I wouldn’t touch another internal Bethesda product if it was the last game on Earth, and this coming from a fan of the Elder Scrolls since Morrowind on the PC/XBOX.

Releasing Skyrim on the PS3 as Bethesda did in 2011, was tantamount to a criminal act. Selling a known broken product under the false pretence of it being stable an complete was just plane wrong. Sony deserve to be accountable for their art in this too. I can’t believe QA didn’t see the same mess we all did.

As such, as previously stated, I’ll never support Bethesda’s internal products ever again.

concrete price. l want to know. please…

Good Work Bethesda, im willing to skip every other game in FEB if Skyrim becomes complete!!!! Even now i cant stop playin it and these addons will make it biggest and best game ever. Hopefully they dont let us down.

great 30€ max first week al 3 to gether = ok

but 1 ting i realy hope 4 u , next gen devlope on ALL new gen on day 1 so no more simpel ports + faster learning to getting same ore beter result !!! also make map + quest editor so we can enyoy to some extra stuf the comunity makes :)

well it’s nice that PS3 users finally get the dlc for a game that came out in 2011. Most people have moved on, some better late than never…for myself I sold Skyrim many months ago.

I really hope Bethesda have learned from all of this as there were plenty of fans like myself who have thrown £100′s if not £1000′s towards Bethesda products (games, Special editions on both consoles, strategy guides, etc) over the last decade or so that were incredibly disappointed in how Bethesda treated PS3 users. The newcomer customers may stay but its the long term customers and supporters of their products they have lost.

Every Bethesda game was a day 1 purchase for me (except Fallout NV which I waited for as I was buying a PS3). I even bought Bethesda published games as I wanted to support the company that had made such fantastic worlds to lose myself in. A lot of people became angry over the delays I just felt extreme disappointment. For me it was a very sad day when I said I would no longer buy Bethesda content. A decade was a long time to support a company, not sure I can go back on my word and purchase this now.

janiss561 19 January, 2013 @ 3:34 pm   32

I bought my copy of Skyrim at January 10 and i am very happy with it and there is amazing news about DLCs, it’s not Bethesda fault this game is huge and it’s hard to make.

eastavenge 19 January, 2013 @ 4:03 pm   33

How much is that after the PS3 tax?

I’m ever so grateful you are bringing this to PS3. I thought we was privileged enough just getting the game, but to get the dlc as well, even if it remotely works & is playable, is a huge honour for our small system.

Thank you again for such swift, prompt service and communication throughout. Some third party publishers seem to forget about us when the other system offers them money so that the publisher will stab their paying customers in the face, would you believe that? Then they totally ignore you for like 8 months. What a crazy world it is out there.

So very very grateful.

Matt Grandstaff 20 January, 2013 @ 4:48 am

Hi there

I’m going to check with our European office to see if I can get the UK/Euro prices. Will update when I know them.

Thanks for playing Skyrim

I think you all need to grow up! Reading some of these comments makes me wonder why Bethesda bother to release anything on PlayStation at all.
I am currently on my 3rd playthrough of skyrim and yes, I have experienced crashing and a few bugs but unlike some, I’m grateful to Bethesda for bringing the dlc to PlayStation. So what if its late, have you ever stopped to think that maybe it took this long because they were making sure it wouldn’t have the same bug problems? My boyfriend and I are big elder scroll fans and we wud happily pay full price for the dlc, yet some of you are so ungreatful you go so far as to expect it for free? If you don’t like it, shut up, and stop trying to ruin things for us true skyrim fans!

How about Skyrim being avalaible for download from the PS store? Have played it (without DLC) on the PC, but as a converted proud PS3 owner this might be quite a nice bundle to buy..!

Matt Grandstaff 20 January, 2013 @ 4:48 am

There’s no announced plans for a digital release of Skyrim on the PlayStation Store. If that changes, we’ll update everyone.

JediKnight246 19 January, 2013 @ 8:44 pm   36

Yay! I’ve already ordered a PSN card from Amazon just to get these DLCs…, I’ve been waiting since Dawnguard was originally announced. I just hope there aren’t any performance issues, if there aren’t then I’ll happily jump back into Skyrim. :)

AlexAtkinUK 20 January, 2013 @ 6:20 am   37

Wow, some people act list Bethesda deliberately delayed the DLC on PS3 rather than running into problems with the RAM allocation on the PS3, turning a small patch into a huge reworking of the main game code, no easy task.

To people asking for it for free, be sensible. What would be the point of spending the huge cost of doing that major rewrite to get the DLC on PS3, if they were to then release it for free? In this day and age of developers going bankrupt left and right, you would think that people would have some common sense about all this.

At the end of the day, we are no more entitled to all DLC on a particular console than we are to have Forza on PS3 or Gran Turismo on Xbox. There are always good reasons why things are delayed or cancelled. Think yourself lucky that Bethesda felt it was worth the effort, if you boycott the DLC now then the next time this sort of thing happens, they won’t bother and it will be your fault.

Personally I bought Skyrim on Xbox and now wish I had bought it on PC, I’m not about to blame Bethesda for it. Should I moan that you are getting the DLC for 50% less than what I would have to pay on Xbox?

Stonesthrow 20 January, 2013 @ 6:22 am   38

Interesting, been meaning to continue my playthrough asap so this might be the push I needed. Definitely picking up Heathfire as I want to build my own home properly, might pick up the other two eventhough they’re a bit expensive, depends on how bored I am at the time :p

IgotT3kke3rs 20 January, 2013 @ 11:18 am   39

As a off and on lover of Skyrim I am excited to play the new DLC, hope the wait has been worth it!

fps_d0minat0r 20 January, 2013 @ 12:06 pm   40

would have tried it if it were free. not paying for DLC on a game where the combat system doesnt work properly and it plays like a slideshow.
still cant figure out why people think the graphics are good. most the buildings are just copy+paste, and so is a lot of the environment.

@AlexAtkinUK
so just because they coded the game wrong in the first place, you think we should pay them for fixing it? they should be grateful we bought the game (and put up with all the bugs and glitches) in the first place. Thats why people expect it for free.
Sony need to set some standards, bethesda always create unfinished games which have major bugs and glitches and yet sony allow them to keep publishing on the PS3. I guess they wouldnt care as long as the money keeps coming in.
Its sad for those who dont have the console connected online or their internet speed is bad…or have the 12GB version because a lot of it will be taken by patches which should have been on the disk.

crusher915 20 January, 2013 @ 2:28 pm   41

is there any chance that Bethesda might start publishing it’s games on the PlayStation Store? I have yet to play Fallout and can’t find a copy in my country.

Matt Grandstaff 20 January, 2013 @ 4:38 pm

It’ something we’re starting to do. Both Dishonored and DOOM 3 BFG Edition are now available on the store. If we put any other titles up, we’ll be sure to let folks know.

I wait for the GOTY edition.
Any news on that one?

Honestly? I enjoy Bethseda games, but. Given that Fallout 3 and NV and Skyrim are all based on the broked Oblivion code (which leads to save stacking, which leads to bugs a plenty, turbo lag random crashing a disatisfying experience and a guarentee that the next game will not work well on the PS3 at all) I really couldnt care less =\, yes the game looks fun, but it doesnt work proerly, for all the patches and “fixes” its an inferior product, you have known this since Oblivion, yet continued to coast, is it surprising the DLC didnt work? somewhat, all the rest has afaict.
Im amazed people still buy these games on the PS3 and that they are not Microsoft exclusives, I mean its built for the Xbox and PC in mind, Sony cant get THAT much of a cut given that they are guarenteed to fail.
so next gen, even if they do work on the PS4, or I get a 720, I will only buy the GOTY edition second hand (wait a year and a half, get the full, “working” game for a reasonable price)

*Continufied Rant*
you cant keep abusing the fact that whilst the POTENTIAL for a great experience is there, in reality you are alientating a chunk of customers.
So, suck less, stop using broken code.
Im amazed so many people have been positive so far tbh, but then these are the people that call those that dislike Sonys pathetic SCEE “customer service” whiners and ask what the problem is with the SingStar Malware o_o.

I am actually chuffed they have finally managed to get the dlcs out ! I have been checking every week for this news and finally i have something to smile about :)

I understand why people are angry its taken so long so people should stop taking digs at them for voicing their opinion.

Xx_MUJ35T1C_xX 21 January, 2013 @ 3:46 am   46

All the bundled DLC costs like $45 so with todays currency rate coupled with the discount, the DLC will cost like £14.17 (most likely a round figure)?

Do we have an exact date in February?

Also good work Bethesda you have made many a Dovahkiin merry :)

King_-_Kai- 21 January, 2013 @ 12:54 pm   47

well after a long wait i will be on the lookout during february, pretty excited that after months of disappointment and waiting us ps3 skyrim gamers will finally get our hands on skyrim DLC

Is there any news on uk prices

Tsubaki_14 21 January, 2013 @ 9:35 pm   49

I’m getting hearthfire ^o^

I hope bethesda and sony will not forget about Russia in this time and dlc
in Russian store will go together from across Europe. Otherwise, the next time I will not buy their game on playstation 3. Games so we are more expensive than in other countries, Skyrim even without translation into Russian, stop torturing Russian players. .

Load all