Posted 1:00pm

Huge Final Fantasy sale starts on PlayStation Store this week

B6x3__FinalFantasySale

Hi everyone. We’re very happy to announce that it we’ve teamed up with Square Enix to bring you some great discounts across a range of titles from the epic Final Fantasy franchise.

With over 100 million units sold worldwide this is one of the most successful gaming series in history, so if you haven’t already played it, you couldn’t have picked a better time to get started!

Make sure your wallet is topped up and remember that if you don’t have access to your PS3 or PS Vita you can; now purchase directly through the online store at store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com.

These discounts will go live after the store update this Wednesday, 23rd January and will run for one week only. Enjoy!

Final Fantasy VII (Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Final Fantasy VIII (Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Final Fantasy IX (Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Final Fantasy (PSP) (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Final Fantasy II (PSP) (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Final Fantasy V (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection (PSP) (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$29.95; now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45

Final Fantasy VI (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$9.75

Final Fantasy Dissidia duodecim 012 (PSP) (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$29.95; now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45

Final Fantasy Dissidia duodecim prologus (PSP and PS Vita) (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €1.49/£1.19/AU$2.15; now €0.75/£0.59/AU$1.05

Final Fantasy Dissidia (PSP and PS Vita) (Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine)
Was €17.99/£13.99/€26.45; now €8.99/£7.29/AU$13.25

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of Lions (PSP and PS Vita) (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

158 Comments 18 Author replies
Show oldest first

It’s “Dissidia Final Fantasy “, not the other around. Also, why is Dissidia 012 Prologus listed twice?

Silent_Gig 21 January, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   2

I pretty much have it all already, good for those who dont have any though.

This is awesome, I was planning to play Final Fantasy VII through IX again. :) It would have been awesome to to so on my PS Vita, but the PSP will have to do. Although it’s a shame I can’t get them in English on the French Store…that would have been perfect. Someday, maybe, huh?

Thanks for the great deals, anyway!

almighty-slayer 21 January, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   4

Might have been a bit easier to read if you put them in numbered order, lol.

Also a bit confusing with multiple entries for some games at different prices – would be helpful if you could explain!

Chris Howe 21 January, 2013 @ 4:34 pm

Sorry there were a couple of when the post went live, all should be correct now

grimbarian 21 January, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   5

Yay – Final Fantasy 7 now at a decent price. Sold. Can’t wait to go through that game again. Epic title.

OH HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU SQUALL AND THE BEST WEAPON EVER TO GRACE THE GAMING WORLD! The Gunblade of course.

ShogunDarius 21 January, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   7

Nice to see the sale back, I have 2 questions, will plussers get an additional discount? Secondly are, MGS, Theme Hospital, Wild Arms or Grandia likely to go on sale in the near future?

Chris Howe 21 January, 2013 @ 4:35 pm

No extra plus discount I am afraid, we tried hard but were not able to secure it this time

I’m definetly getting Final Fantasy Tactics, 5 bucks is too good a deal for me to pass on.

No FF13 and FF13-2 DLC discounts?

ImperatorA3 21 January, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   10

No Final Fantasy III (PSP) discount?

supersmith2500 21 January, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   11

Have to say awesome Final Fantasy sale but where is FF III?

Nemeth050506 21 January, 2013 @ 1:21 pm   12

Hey, the discounts are just great. I’m going to buy FF I-VIII. Haven’t played them for a long time. But is there a possibilty to get FF3 and Dissidia Duodecim discounted?

Good to see Final Fantasy VI in the sale. £7.99 seemed a bit overpriced considering it was originally released on the PSone at £9.99 with a demo of Final Fantasy X. Also looking at the 2 “Final Fantasy Dissidia” entries, both at different prices… Is the one meant to be Dissidia 012? As that would match one of the prices listed.

Splutterbug 21 January, 2013 @ 1:28 pm   14

My wallet hates you! Its going to be an expensive month, might go 7 8 and 9

Can you confirm that these are all playable on the Vita?

I want to buy Final Fantasy Dissidia duodecim and play it on my PS Vita. Is this game on sale too? I see two Final Fantasy Dissidia on sale and I think one of them, the first one, is the Dissidia duodecim and it also playable on PS Vita. Am I right?

No PS+ extra discount :/

DougalDogg 21 January, 2013 @ 1:37 pm   17

Wow was just looking yesterday to see if there was going to be a Final Fantasy sale like in Japan.

Just one quick question Chris. Some of the links you’ve posted point to Dissidia 012 [duoecim] Final Fantasy but you only have the first title (Dissidia Final Fantasy) listed. Just wondered if this will be discounted as well? Although seeing as I only need IV, V and Tactics to finish off my PSP/Vita collection I’m happy either way.

Chris Howe 21 January, 2013 @ 4:39 pm

All the links should be working correctly now and discounts should be correct. Apologies for the error, there was a little confusion on our side. Dissidia 012 is discounted as well

@3

you can play the PS1 games on your Vita

Scourgewood 21 January, 2013 @ 1:40 pm   19

14# 1-9 work on the PSVita, confirmed.

I have them all, 1-4 are PSP versions and all work fine, 6-9 are the PS1 versions and also work fine.

Though I am a little confused as to why FFIII isn’t discounted.

Hi Chris,
can you share the next batch of titles for the “January Sale” today or do we have to wait till Wednesday?

Chris Howe 21 January, 2013 @ 4:39 pm

There will be an update on Wednesday for the final batch of January sale items

supersmith2500 21 January, 2013 @ 1:44 pm   21

@godheit:
I asked the same question before in the Blog recap and Fred told me next week.

ff = no more rpg
but only nice image .
7-8-9-11 are best ff ever rest = very disepointed

@supersmith2500,
thx
I’ve read it, but I still hope for at least The Pinball Arcade Table DLC’s to get a discount (50% off and I would buy 3 packs:) ).

Not meaning to complain as Final Fantasy sales are great for those that don’t have the games. I already have them all unfortunately.

I know the store team has worked out sales with EA before (Dead Space dlc for example)so is it possible to arrange a sale with them regarding dlc for games like Kingdoms of Amalur, Dragons Age, Dragon’s Age 2 etc.

Also an NIS sale would be great as well Legasista on sale would be fabulous.

Not to mention the plethora of RPG psn titles like Realms of Ancient Warrior, Dungeons & Dragons etc

It’s much appreciated that Rising Star has had some sales on psp JRPG titles. Unfortunately I already had most.

Here’s hoping that for Feb plus content we maybe get Dynasty Warriors Next – DW 7 Empires is out in Feb ^_^

Thanks a lot.
Was hoping for a Final Fantasy sale last week.

Mr_Writer 21 January, 2013 @ 1:57 pm   26

Oh damm

I just bought FF2 and FF4 for my birthday! Ahh well live and learn!

edit 11 = 12
11 i never played online not on ps2 + abo = not getting

i hope to see part 12 in psn store !

Should DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY be on the list?
Would rather get that than the 1st game since this includes it after you beat the game.

ALIEN1978 21 January, 2013 @ 2:05 pm   29

is there any news on the final fantasy 10 hd is that still happening

7 = epic
12= u see weapon change – big armore – lots city – big worlds u move freely …… u controle every caracter ( only not armore = :( )+ not stupid ATB of ff13 .

ore u make al pers controlebel like ff7-12 ore u go stile skyrim
dragon´s dogma

ff10 = game where ith al started to go down .( exept 12)

razordude 21 January, 2013 @ 2:09 pm   31

No FFIII? Bah.

Why Turkey doesnt get sales

RagingAvatar 21 January, 2013 @ 2:22 pm   33

No Final Fantasy III discount? :(

themonk2012 21 January, 2013 @ 2:31 pm   34

thanks a lot. been looking at these for awhile. just wish people would stop complaining and be happy for what we get. cheers!

themonk2012 34 @ what u get = beter answord

ting i am + others who are complaning = not wat u need + visa versa

if sony makes ps2 tittels available again =
bring back al games ( ore ps2 emulation to al games = end al complains in once ! )

also u complain rest if u get more then lots of other consumers
uk = europe contry like all others stil u geting beter treatment = 2013 = form of arogance + racisme

Just letting you guys know, for some reason Vagrant Story is listed twice, one is the normal copy and one is just marked as 50% off, seems a little odd. Might want to fix it ;)

Hi Chris,

Looking good, i have no reason to buy any of these games currently…. but i might buy a couple ONLY for my FUTURE PS Vita.

Yes Chris, this is the future PS Vita you have made me provision for, thanks to you giving us free PS Vita games on PS+……
(Dont get me wrong, i do actually thank you, Since i really want one, and its given me a reason to get it)

Also, i know its not the place but:
The King of Fighters XIII GOLD EDITION
I had a pretty good laugh here, check on the store, I think its the KoF 97 pics.
If people think its the actual pic’s you could loose a few buyers, cause it looks super retro.

Keep it up!

Chris Howe 21 January, 2013 @ 4:50 pm

Glad to be of assistance, don’t forget we may have a few VITA discounts coming up for you all very soon as well :)

Just in time for payday! not sure if that is a blessing or a curse though….

And by that I mean I could end up spend more then I should :)

Fardeenah 21 January, 2013 @ 2:50 pm   40

no deal for US PSN store :(

FF VII & VIII Not available in Turkey

Goodbye money!!! Thank You!!!! :D

andrewsqual 21 January, 2013 @ 3:06 pm   43

Same here, want FF III to be on this badly. You get them in full 60hz over there Fardeenah, we don’t even get that choice.

Pomopop24 21 January, 2013 @ 3:17 pm   44

Final Fantasy Dissidia duodecim prologus (PSP) (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €2.99/£2.39/AU$4.35; now €1.49/£1.19/AU$2.15

Was €1.49/£1.19/AU$2.15; now €0.75/£0.59/AU$1.05

Isn’t there a problem ?

By the way, I would prefer FF Type-0 coming in english and/or french than sales we see every six months… :/

Guess I’ll grab Final Fantasy Tactics: War of Lions. I hesitate though, as they got it via Plus in NA. Wouldn’t surprise me if the same would happen here.

Are there any signs that we might see Chrono Trigger & Cross in SCEE stores?

Chris Howe 21 January, 2013 @ 4:43 pm

You don’t have to worry about buying Final Fantasy Tactics: War of Lions, it’s not in our plans at the anytime soon.

Not sure about Chrono Trigger & Cross, I will try and find out

Tobias_3777 21 January, 2013 @ 3:46 pm   46

Absolutely useless for Ukraine

R3dRaBb1Tz 21 January, 2013 @ 3:48 pm   47

ill pick up FF IX & VI thank you very much, I wish I had waited a little longer to buy VII but at least ill buy the other 2 cheap.

JaxDasher 21 January, 2013 @ 3:49 pm   48

Why does Bulgaria hate FF series so much?

Are any of these PSP final fantasy games the advanced ports (like the ds/3ds oneswith 3d graphics)? If so are they compatible with vita?

tiago-kun 21 January, 2013 @ 4:58 pm   50

Great sale, I know this is a bit of a stretch, but do you think you can include Vagrant Story on this list, it’s not Final Fantasy, but it’s SOOOOO good!

Also, if you can pass this along to Square-Enix, that would be great.

“Hi there,

There are some awesome titles missing from the playstation network store:
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Chrono Trigger

And if they want to release a few US only gems on Europe for the first time, kinda like the japan import section, then I struggle to find better titles to open this section than:
Chrono Cross
Xenosaga

Thank you for your great rpgs.”

Load all