Posted 1:00pm

Huge Final Fantasy sale starts on PlayStation Store this week

B6x3__FinalFantasySale

Hi everyone. We’re very happy to announce that it we’ve teamed up with Square Enix to bring you some great discounts across a range of titles from the epic Final Fantasy franchise.

With over 100 million units sold worldwide this is one of the most successful gaming series in history, so if you haven’t already played it, you couldn’t have picked a better time to get started!

Make sure your wallet is topped up and remember that if you don’t have access to your PS3 or PS Vita you can; now purchase directly through the online store at store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com.

Final Fantasy VII (Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Final Fantasy VIII (Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Final Fantasy IX (Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Final Fantasy (PSP) (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Final Fantasy II (PSP) (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Final Fantasy V (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection (PSP) (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$29.95; now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45

Final Fantasy VI (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$9.75

Final Fantasy Dissidia duodecim 012 (PSP) (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$29.95; now €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45

Final Fantasy Dissidia duodecim prologus (PSP and PS Vita) (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €1.49/£1.19/AU$2.15; now €0.75/£0.59/AU$1.05

Final Fantasy Dissidia (PSP and PS Vita) (Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine)
Was €17.99/£13.99/€26.45; now €8.99/£7.29/AU$13.25

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of Lions (PSP and PS Vita) (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

158 Comments 18 Author replies
Show oldest first

It’s “Dissidia Final Fantasy “, not the other around. Also, why is Dissidia 012 Prologus listed twice?

Silent_Gig 21 January, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   2

I pretty much have it all already, good for those who dont have any though.

This is awesome, I was planning to play Final Fantasy VII through IX again. :) It would have been awesome to to so on my PS Vita, but the PSP will have to do. Although it’s a shame I can’t get them in English on the French Store…that would have been perfect. Someday, maybe, huh?

Thanks for the great deals, anyway!

almighty-slayer 21 January, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   4

Might have been a bit easier to read if you put them in numbered order, lol.

Also a bit confusing with multiple entries for some games at different prices – would be helpful if you could explain!

Chris Howe 21 January, 2013 @ 4:34 pm

Sorry there were a couple of when the post went live, all should be correct now

grimbarian 21 January, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   5

Yay – Final Fantasy 7 now at a decent price. Sold. Can’t wait to go through that game again. Epic title.

OH HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU SQUALL AND THE BEST WEAPON EVER TO GRACE THE GAMING WORLD! The Gunblade of course.

ShogunDarius 21 January, 2013 @ 1:08 pm   7

Nice to see the sale back, I have 2 questions, will plussers get an additional discount? Secondly are, MGS, Theme Hospital, Wild Arms or Grandia likely to go on sale in the near future?

Chris Howe 21 January, 2013 @ 4:35 pm

No extra plus discount I am afraid, we tried hard but were not able to secure it this time

I’m definetly getting Final Fantasy Tactics, 5 bucks is too good a deal for me to pass on.

No FF13 and FF13-2 DLC discounts?

ImperatorA3 21 January, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   10

No Final Fantasy III (PSP) discount?

supersmith2500 21 January, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   11

Have to say awesome Final Fantasy sale but where is FF III?

Nemeth050506 21 January, 2013 @ 1:21 pm   12

Hey, the discounts are just great. I’m going to buy FF I-VIII. Haven’t played them for a long time. But is there a possibilty to get FF3 and Dissidia Duodecim discounted?

Good to see Final Fantasy VI in the sale. £7.99 seemed a bit overpriced considering it was originally released on the PSone at £9.99 with a demo of Final Fantasy X. Also looking at the 2 “Final Fantasy Dissidia” entries, both at different prices… Is the one meant to be Dissidia 012? As that would match one of the prices listed.

Splutterbug 21 January, 2013 @ 1:28 pm   14

My wallet hates you! Its going to be an expensive month, might go 7 8 and 9

Can you confirm that these are all playable on the Vita?

I want to buy Final Fantasy Dissidia duodecim and play it on my PS Vita. Is this game on sale too? I see two Final Fantasy Dissidia on sale and I think one of them, the first one, is the Dissidia duodecim and it also playable on PS Vita. Am I right?

No PS+ extra discount :/

DougalDogg 21 January, 2013 @ 1:37 pm   17

Wow was just looking yesterday to see if there was going to be a Final Fantasy sale like in Japan.

Just one quick question Chris. Some of the links you’ve posted point to Dissidia 012 [duoecim] Final Fantasy but you only have the first title (Dissidia Final Fantasy) listed. Just wondered if this will be discounted as well? Although seeing as I only need IV, V and Tactics to finish off my PSP/Vita collection I’m happy either way.

Chris Howe 21 January, 2013 @ 4:39 pm

All the links should be working correctly now and discounts should be correct. Apologies for the error, there was a little confusion on our side. Dissidia 012 is discounted as well

@3

you can play the PS1 games on your Vita

Scourgewood 21 January, 2013 @ 1:40 pm   19

14# 1-9 work on the PSVita, confirmed.

I have them all, 1-4 are PSP versions and all work fine, 6-9 are the PS1 versions and also work fine.

Though I am a little confused as to why FFIII isn’t discounted.

Hi Chris,
can you share the next batch of titles for the “January Sale” today or do we have to wait till Wednesday?

Chris Howe 21 January, 2013 @ 4:39 pm

There will be an update on Wednesday for the final batch of January sale items

supersmith2500 21 January, 2013 @ 1:44 pm   21

@godheit:
I asked the same question before in the Blog recap and Fred told me next week.

ff = no more rpg
but only nice image .
7-8-9-11 are best ff ever rest = very disepointed

@supersmith2500,
thx
I’ve read it, but I still hope for at least The Pinball Arcade Table DLC’s to get a discount (50% off and I would buy 3 packs:) ).

Not meaning to complain as Final Fantasy sales are great for those that don’t have the games. I already have them all unfortunately.

I know the store team has worked out sales with EA before (Dead Space dlc for example)so is it possible to arrange a sale with them regarding dlc for games like Kingdoms of Amalur, Dragons Age, Dragon’s Age 2 etc.

Also an NIS sale would be great as well Legasista on sale would be fabulous.

Not to mention the plethora of RPG psn titles like Realms of Ancient Warrior, Dungeons & Dragons etc

It’s much appreciated that Rising Star has had some sales on psp JRPG titles. Unfortunately I already had most.

Here’s hoping that for Feb plus content we maybe get Dynasty Warriors Next – DW 7 Empires is out in Feb ^_^

Thanks a lot.
Was hoping for a Final Fantasy sale last week.

Mr_Writer 21 January, 2013 @ 1:57 pm   26

Oh damm

I just bought FF2 and FF4 for my birthday! Ahh well live and learn!

edit 11 = 12
11 i never played online not on ps2 + abo = not getting

i hope to see part 12 in psn store !

Should DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY be on the list?
Would rather get that than the 1st game since this includes it after you beat the game.

ALIEN1978 21 January, 2013 @ 2:05 pm   29

is there any news on the final fantasy 10 hd is that still happening

7 = epic
12= u see weapon change – big armore – lots city – big worlds u move freely …… u controle every caracter ( only not armore = :( )+ not stupid ATB of ff13 .

ore u make al pers controlebel like ff7-12 ore u go stile skyrim
dragon´s dogma

ff10 = game where ith al started to go down .( exept 12)

razordude 21 January, 2013 @ 2:09 pm   31

No FFIII? Bah.

Why Turkey doesnt get sales

RagingAvatar 21 January, 2013 @ 2:22 pm   33

No Final Fantasy III discount? :(

themonk2012 21 January, 2013 @ 2:31 pm   34

thanks a lot. been looking at these for awhile. just wish people would stop complaining and be happy for what we get. cheers!

themonk2012 34 @ what u get = beter answord

ting i am + others who are complaning = not wat u need + visa versa

if sony makes ps2 tittels available again =
bring back al games ( ore ps2 emulation to al games = end al complains in once ! )

also u complain rest if u get more then lots of other consumers
uk = europe contry like all others stil u geting beter treatment = 2013 = form of arogance + racisme

Just letting you guys know, for some reason Vagrant Story is listed twice, one is the normal copy and one is just marked as 50% off, seems a little odd. Might want to fix it ;)

Hi Chris,

Looking good, i have no reason to buy any of these games currently…. but i might buy a couple ONLY for my FUTURE PS Vita.

Yes Chris, this is the future PS Vita you have made me provision for, thanks to you giving us free PS Vita games on PS+……
(Dont get me wrong, i do actually thank you, Since i really want one, and its given me a reason to get it)

Also, i know its not the place but:
The King of Fighters XIII GOLD EDITION
I had a pretty good laugh here, check on the store, I think its the KoF 97 pics.
If people think its the actual pic’s you could loose a few buyers, cause it looks super retro.

Keep it up!

Chris Howe 21 January, 2013 @ 4:50 pm

Glad to be of assistance, don’t forget we may have a few VITA discounts coming up for you all very soon as well :)

Just in time for payday! not sure if that is a blessing or a curse though….

And by that I mean I could end up spend more then I should :)

Fardeenah 21 January, 2013 @ 2:50 pm   40

no deal for US PSN store :(

FF VII & VIII Not available in Turkey

Goodbye money!!! Thank You!!!! :D

andrewsqual 21 January, 2013 @ 3:06 pm   43

Same here, want FF III to be on this badly. You get them in full 60hz over there Fardeenah, we don’t even get that choice.

Pomopop24 21 January, 2013 @ 3:17 pm   44

Final Fantasy Dissidia duodecim prologus (PSP) (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €2.99/£2.39/AU$4.35; now €1.49/£1.19/AU$2.15

Was €1.49/£1.19/AU$2.15; now €0.75/£0.59/AU$1.05

Isn’t there a problem ?

By the way, I would prefer FF Type-0 coming in english and/or french than sales we see every six months… :/

Guess I’ll grab Final Fantasy Tactics: War of Lions. I hesitate though, as they got it via Plus in NA. Wouldn’t surprise me if the same would happen here.

Are there any signs that we might see Chrono Trigger & Cross in SCEE stores?

Chris Howe 21 January, 2013 @ 4:43 pm

You don’t have to worry about buying Final Fantasy Tactics: War of Lions, it’s not in our plans at the anytime soon.

Not sure about Chrono Trigger & Cross, I will try and find out

Tobias_3777 21 January, 2013 @ 3:46 pm   46

Absolutely useless for Ukraine

R3dRaBb1Tz 21 January, 2013 @ 3:48 pm   47

ill pick up FF IX & VI thank you very much, I wish I had waited a little longer to buy VII but at least ill buy the other 2 cheap.

JaxDasher 21 January, 2013 @ 3:49 pm   48

Why does Bulgaria hate FF series so much?

Are any of these PSP final fantasy games the advanced ports (like the ds/3ds oneswith 3d graphics)? If so are they compatible with vita?

tiago-kun 21 January, 2013 @ 4:58 pm   50

Great sale, I know this is a bit of a stretch, but do you think you can include Vagrant Story on this list, it’s not Final Fantasy, but it’s SOOOOO good!

Also, if you can pass this along to Square-Enix, that would be great.

“Hi there,

There are some awesome titles missing from the playstation network store:
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Chrono Trigger

And if they want to release a few US only gems on Europe for the first time, kinda like the japan import section, then I struggle to find better titles to open this section than:
Chrono Cross
Xenosaga

Thank you for your great rpgs.”

Paul_Morningstar 21 January, 2013 @ 4:58 pm   51

VII,VIII and IX for me, thank you very much :) .

Can’t wait for the next VITA sale.

Paul_Morningstar 21 January, 2013 @ 5:03 pm   52

Is the Vita sale going to be this month or the next?

(want to know in order to put some cash away for it)

Turtleing 21 January, 2013 @ 5:04 pm   53

I brought FF7 about 2 weeks ago for £8. It was worth it. I have Crisis Core on PSP. Stop doing sales on games that are already cheap and do sales on games that are well over priced.

The US get LBP Karting for $10 and The Unfinished Swan for $3.75 among other things and we get a damn Final Fantasy sale? Hate how us Europeans get screwed all the time!

SuGaR_rAy_RiDeR 21 January, 2013 @ 5:08 pm   55

good sale, but a little dissapointed as these were already on sale a couple of times last year….any chance parasite eve 2 will soon be discounted, Andy last year said he was trying to do this for me…..but then he went…..

Chocobo115 21 January, 2013 @ 5:15 pm   56

Have you asked about Xenogears US import?
It’s my absolute favorite game ever on any console. And I would like having it on my Vita.

SuGaR_rAy_RiDeR 21 January, 2013 @ 5:19 pm   57

Nice sale, but these were all on sale last year a couple of times already, not that i’m moaning too much as these are great games…..

Don’t suppose there will be a discount on Parasite Eve 2? Asked Andy last year when he was doing this and he said he was trying to get this for me….but then he left

P.S. We need a VITA sale!!! :-)

AeonsDead 21 January, 2013 @ 5:20 pm   58

@51 & 52

I think this is the Vita sale wednesday will be the last bunch, a little disappointing i know, last week we had 3 AR games and 3 psp games, this week we get PSP and PS1s games..

Can’t we get any actual Vita games in this “Vita sale”?

zeroomega1342EU 21 January, 2013 @ 5:24 pm   59

… I had literally just purchased Duodecim and all the purchasable DLC last night and this pops up. Only irritated because I did want the first game (completion and having all my UMD games for my Vita that I can). There is nothing that can be done about that either is there? If I waited a day later I could have had both (well, to know to wait for Wednesday…). Oh well I guess.

Paul_Morningstar 21 January, 2013 @ 5:29 pm   60

@58

I don’t think that this is the proper Vita sale.

Chris has confirmed that there are ‘a few VITA discounts coming up ‘ .

RenanChagas 21 January, 2013 @ 5:32 pm   61

I don’t know if I should get VII or IX because i’ve never play them before.

Anyone can give me a sugestion for a new comer in FF.

I prefer more of a medieval theme and customization.

DiscworldDeath 21 January, 2013 @ 5:33 pm   62

Why are some of these not available in Israel? It doesn’t make sense, especially as I know of no rule that will preclude these games from being sold over here :(

wolfsinner 21 January, 2013 @ 5:40 pm   63

@RenanChagas
Hey there, I’d recommend getting IX. While VII is considered better in general, IX is still kick ass and has the medieval flair that you like.

It also looks better than VII, if that’s of any importance to you.

And you can never go wrong with Final Fantasy (except for post-XII games) in regards to customization.

Hope I could help.

FelixAndrews 21 January, 2013 @ 5:47 pm   64

Just wondering: is this offer the third week of the January Sale, or in addition to it? Nothing wrong with a bit of Final Fantasy or course, but I already have them! Was hoping for some other bargains to come along and leech from my wallet!

AshrafBot 21 January, 2013 @ 5:53 pm   65

This is great. Already have a few of them, but will pick up VIII and IX.

wolfsinner 21 January, 2013 @ 6:24 pm   66

I’ll be picking up IX, which is the only one that I no longer own. Unfortunately, I have no idea of where my original PSOne copy is. *sniff sniff*

Still, great sale! Anyone that has never had a piece of Final Fantasy should definitely take advantage, because all of the discounted games are awesome! (particularly IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX and ‘The War of the Lions’)

hi Chris Howe ore other
u have news , on part 12 ever coming to psn ?

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!
I wanted to get FF games, but always considered the prices a bit too steep. Now everything is in order, so get ready to catch my money :) FF 6-9 are a given for me, I’ll think about other parts as well.
Thanks guys, keep up the good work!

Why Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII does not available in the PS Store?

moglee_in 21 January, 2013 @ 7:19 pm   70

Guys why are FF VII, FF VIII, FF IX not available in India? All the older and newer titles are available!

XzSlLENTSNIPERzX 21 January, 2013 @ 7:23 pm   71

It’s time for me to buy FF7, please help me though.

How exactly do I get Wake Up Club on my PS Vita in the UK? I looked but that was to no avail.

Voodoo341 21 January, 2013 @ 7:30 pm   72

How about putting Unfinished Swan on sale…. you know… like you hinted you’d do! Absolutely useless sales from SCEE.

KilgoreTrout1986 21 January, 2013 @ 8:06 pm   73

I simply cannot see any rational reason for not making ANY of the games available to Hungarian users, this is the saddest sale and blog post I have seen in a while… :(

cupofpaper 21 January, 2013 @ 8:10 pm   74

I purchased FFVIII in a previous sale, but it has huge black borders all the way around the game, making it too small to play. Looking online all the PAL versions are like that, whilst the US version is fine. Isn’t this dishonest? I just want to play FF.

If only The Legend of Dragoon was to be release on the EU Store…that would be awesome.

@18

Oh…I actually never tried (haven’t had time to play much on it), I thought the PSP/Vita specified meant it could only run on said machine, but what was I thinking… thanks for the info, mate! :)

OMG, I finally caved last night and bought FF IX so I could play it on my Vita… just my luck that it’d go on sale the day after :P Oh well, time to buy all the others on the PSN too!

JamesStill 21 January, 2013 @ 8:33 pm   77

@cupofpaper you can change the borders on the FF games (and any other PSOne games). I think you press the touch screen to get the options. Even if you select ‘full screen’ it resizes, but the black bars still appear at the top and bottom as well as the sides. If you manually change the screen size you can move the top and bottom bars off the screen which makes the play area a really good size (you still have bars on the sides, but that’s really not a problem).

Hope that helps as bit

JamesStill 21 January, 2013 @ 8:34 pm   78

Now they just need to announce the FFX remake being released for Vita to put the cherry on the top of the sale :)

(joking, but with a slight hint of optimism / desperation)

Luna_Dragon 21 January, 2013 @ 9:01 pm   79

hello Chris (and anyone else), i know this is about sales but youre the plus guy to so.. was wondering if you could help.

i used to be able to use things id downloaded using my Plus subscription on other accounts on my console, but now when i try to do it, it says i have to renew the licence. i can still use the content on my actual account registered with Plus, but not with alternate accounts on my same PS3 console.

i used to be able to, i dont know if its changed since i renewed my sub but its quite irritating seeing as i use a blank account to try out any games before deciding if i like them enough to add to my trophy list.. small thing but it really is a pain :(

any help?

Chris Howe 22 January, 2013 @ 9:06 am

Hi Luna_Dragon, your Plus subscription is linked to the account that you signed up with so you should only ever have been able to use the titles that you have downloaded through Plus on that one account

Tei_LeonIV 21 January, 2013 @ 9:19 pm   80

Chris could you please tell someone at Sony HQ to bargain with square about FF Type-0 western release fiasco. It would sell a ton, I don’t know why it hasn’t been released over here yet. A PSVita port would be ideal (it would definitely sell hardware) but if not a standard psn release would suffice.

Anyways, the above deals are great, I’ll finally be picking up FF Tactics: war of the lions. Thanks!

Nice deal. Will not be using it since I already own it all but stil nice.

konatanator 21 January, 2013 @ 10:31 pm   82

Are the final fantasies not available on vita? I assumed they would be :s

@konatanator

They’re technically PSP games, but they can be played on the Vita through its emulation (or at least that’s my understanding of it).

sylvanbow 21 January, 2013 @ 11:59 pm   84

Nice sale, maybe I’ll get FF IX as my CD 2 refuses to run past a certain point.

Wish we could get the Atlus titles at 50% sometime in the future (that US summer sale). Catherine is still at 59.99€, ouch…

sylvanbow 22 January, 2013 @ 12:20 am   85

… Oh sorry, there was a sale on some of their titles just a while ago. Just four games though, hopefully more on the future…

If only we had XII on the store.

It looks like I won’t be playing anything apart from my Vita for quite some time now. Hope we get more PSX and PSP discounts, more games from these platforms available in general and PS2 games added as well! Now that would be a kicker!

john_or_alex 22 January, 2013 @ 1:46 am   88

If only this sale was for America too, I need to buy ff v, vii, ix, war of the lions and dissidia 2. oh well i’m sure they will be on sale someday… Enjoy eu

Demoplay86 22 January, 2013 @ 3:48 am   89

That’s awesome. Thanks Chris Howe!
Is there any way I could pester you to get some attention cast on the [DELETED] amount of PSX RPGs in Australia? We only have a few FF games and Wild Arms I.

Can we PLEASE at least get Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, World of Mana, Suikoden and Breath of Fire IV?

Preferably more would be better. But these are essentials. Games ever RPG fan loves and now has no access to.

Also, any word with PS Mobile being able to play PSX games again?
That was a major selling point for most people so getting that up and running again would be nice.

Thanks for you time and sorry to be a bother.

I long for Crisis Core to be added to the store. I’ve been waiting years.. please add it!

Demoplay86 22 January, 2013 @ 5:18 am   91

That’s awesome. Thanks Chris Howe!
Is there any way I could pester you to get some attention cast on the lacking amount of PSX RPGs in Australia? We only have a few FF games and Wild Arms I.

Also, any word with PS Mobile being able to play PSX games again?

Thanks for you time and sorry to be a bother.

Chris Howe 22 January, 2013 @ 9:03 am

No bother at all, I do not have any information about those titles at the moment so I have asked our account management team to look into it and I will come back to you as soon as I have any information.

iamthelloyd 22 January, 2013 @ 7:41 am   92

Morning Chris,

Now, i don’t want to sound ungrateful, especially as there are some stellar titles on offer here, but i was wondering if you are likely to bring the US’ promotion “13 for ’13″ over here?

The only reason i ask is someone (not pointing any fingers) made an epically poor decision in the December promotions of bundling The Unfinished Swan and Journey together, when a vast amount of people already had bought Journey at launch, so there was no saving if you wanted The Unfinished Swan only.

I wouldn’t mind ‘NIGHTS into dreams’ on a similar offer too ;)

Keep up the good work.

Chris Howe 22 January, 2013 @ 8:48 am

No we are not doing the 13 for 13 promotion, we are seperate stores so cannot always align but we think that we have provided some great deals in the January sale and there are still some more coming tomorrow.

Regarding Journey and The Unfinished Swan… We will be discounting them seperately in the near future but I do not have confirmed timings for this yet

Demoplay86 22 January, 2013 @ 7:55 am   93

I agree with #92
I already had Journey so obviously I wasn’t getting Unfinished Swan in that deal. Which sucks because I really wanted it.
Love the deals, but bundling them randomly sucks for people that spend a fair bit on the PSN.

Chris Howe 22 January, 2013 @ 8:46 am

We will be discounting them seperately in the near future, I do not have a confirmed timings yet so I wouldn’t like to say when exactly but it is coming

BiGsMoO7ke 22 January, 2013 @ 8:29 am   94

thanX if you could put the game file size would be great :)

RedPriestRezo 22 January, 2013 @ 8:38 am   95

US Store is having a big almost Steam-like sale with 75% discounts for PS+ users. So, my question is: will something like that come to us?

Chris Howe 22 January, 2013 @ 8:46 am

No we are not doing the 13 for 13 sale that they are doing in NA, please remember that the two stores are seperate so we can not always align

Huono_peleis 22 January, 2013 @ 9:24 am   96

Final Fantasy-sale…again.

US Store has different kind of sale, not 20 year old games but:

Little Big Planet Karting 10 dollars.
The Unfinished Swan 3,75
Ratchet and Clank 3,75
Jak and Daxter: Precursor Legacy 2 dollars and so on…

Final Fantasy VI (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$9.75

Are you sure it shouldn’t be AU$7.25? Or is that the Australian tax again?? :-p

TheSmugExecutive 22 January, 2013 @ 10:06 am   98

Is there any chance we might get discounts on the various Capcom PSN fighters — Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom etc. — soon? Perhaps Castlevania: Symphony of the Night as well? (Not to get my hopes up…)

As for this update: I prefer the original NES/SNES versions of the first six games in every way and happened to chance upon an affordable copy of Final Fantasy VII for the original Playstation just the other day, but this is still nice for anyone wanting to catch up. Even if everything that came after VII was a bit rubbish, oh well. Still, good job!

Are these EU PSN games based on PAL versions (stretched image, huge borders on top and bottom, slower gameplay) or NTSC-U versions (everything how it should be)? It’s not like i want to buy anything now (you know – my resolution about Singstar icon on my XMB), but someday i may reconsider. I’m huge fan of FF, but conversions of FFVI – FFX were terrible and i don’t want to burn my hands again.

Shoosting 22 January, 2013 @ 11:32 am   100

Hi Chris,

Will The Walking Dead be on sale anytime soon? I have been holding out for this a long time?

redmattuk 22 January, 2013 @ 11:36 am   101

What are my respective odds on:
Max Payne 3?
Rayman?
LBP Karting?
Binary Domain?
NFS The Run?
CARS 2?
Child of Eden?
Any of the FEAR games?

being free within the next 12 months?

ReiokoLSciffer 22 January, 2013 @ 11:49 am   102

Hi Chris will Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII ever come to the eu store? I have been waiting for it to come on so i can buy again so i can play it on my vita.

whats_if 22 January, 2013 @ 12:33 pm   103

So I’ve checked both the online store and PSN on my Vita….I don’t see the discounts, anyone having the same problem?

Catkiller1 22 January, 2013 @ 1:00 pm   104

@ whats_if

Really???

“These discounts will go live after the store update this Wednesday, 23rd January and will run for one week only. Enjoy!”

You would have known this if you read the entire post! LOL ;)

chrisboers 22 January, 2013 @ 1:29 pm   105

Will there be an update on the sale, with a similar sale to the US ’13 for 13′ sale? Especially, any chance of getting LBP Karting on sale over here too? I’m going to buy it anyway, but would prefer the EU PSN version, if the price is comparable. (Yes, you’re competing against your own collegues now :-) )

chrisboers 22 January, 2013 @ 1:32 pm   106

Never mind, I just read your other reply that there will be no ’13 for 13′… Ok, off to the US store then!

Jamesyp00 22 January, 2013 @ 1:38 pm   107

Is there any chance any of the FFXIII-2 DLC will come up in this sale? Wouldn’t mind a few outfits haha

CaptainAndyH 22 January, 2013 @ 1:40 pm   108

Which version of FF6 is it? I remember the PSX version having massive issues with loading speeds…

Definitely grabbing found seven through nine though!

foxsevent 22 January, 2013 @ 3:28 pm   109

Well this is a PSone classic so take a guess.

luckysalt81 22 January, 2013 @ 4:04 pm   110

The US sale is unbelievable, thats how you treat plus members, 75% off. UK gets like an extra 10% off.

US getting a big push for plus with the new bundle coming out whereas UK plus gets a heads up on a rental for a resident evil film.

Id rather have Little Big Planet Karting for £6.30 like the US thanks.
Or Jax & Dexter for £1.26 or Tiger Woods ’13 for £6.30.

Those are some serious discounts, I know you’re saying the stores are seperate and don’t align but surely we could get some HUGE discounts on new games too, LBP Karting was nowhere near that cheap here.

supersmith2500 22 January, 2013 @ 4:25 pm   111

@chrisboers:
And compared the January Sale over here, ours is a complete joke and 10% to 20% off is weak and I bet PSVita won’t get some love in the sales tommorow.

But the bright side however, the US haven’t even got a sale for Final Fantasy titles yet and we did which is a great. Usually, we get nothing in speaking of Anniversaries though.

And Square-Enix, thank you so much for respecting your European fans. Usually some companies don’t even care about their European fans.

RemyX-1988 22 January, 2013 @ 4:30 pm   112

People who are requesting a discount on Final Fantasy III… stop whining and get it for €14,99! It’s definitely worth it!

And if you don’t want a digital copy, like me, import it from Japan on UMD for about €40,- It’s English too, so it’s perfect.

As for the actual sale, I think I’ll be picking up Final Fantasy VI for on the PlayStation Vita. Own all the games on disc, but a handheld version of VI, which I haven’t played to the fullest yet, is definitely worth it!

RedPriestRezo 22 January, 2013 @ 5:47 pm   113

>>please remember that the two stores are seperate so we can not always align

Yes, we know. And I’m pretty sure that everyone outside Sony hates that.

SireSandvich 22 January, 2013 @ 9:08 pm   114

I just bought VII, VIII and IX earlier this month.

Haha. Ha. Oh.

Heartlly 22 January, 2013 @ 9:40 pm   115

Why is east eu geting the midle finger D:?

meth_style 23 January, 2013 @ 12:22 pm   116

That’s awesome. Thanks Chris Howe!

Also, any word with PS Mobile being able to play PSX games again?

Thanks for you time and sorry to be a bother.

this guy has some great ideas for games to come out, but if you gonna bring suikoden out, pls bring the suikoden 2 aswell, to try buy these on ebay will cost you a small fortune, i have never seen both for under $500

HappyShoodin 23 January, 2013 @ 3:00 pm   117

Awesome!

If I purchase and download FF7-9 onto my PS3, can I upload these to a PS Vita at a later point when I get one? Sorry for stupid but not having a Vita yet means I’m not too on the connectivity between the two consoles!

Cheers

SM_Jacqli 23 January, 2013 @ 3:34 pm   118

What with the absence on FF7-9 in so many countries?

@ 117
Yes, you can upload/download them to Vita just fine, either via PS3, or directly to Vita from the store using WiFi for example; I’m not sure about copying saved games.

@ Chris
Any clarification on the dates of the sale? In store it’s stated the promo goes till 06.02.
And what about the price changes, in Poland at least? I clearly remember getting FF VII-IX for 36 PLN each, now it says they “were” for 39 PLN before the promo, same other games… Is it some sort of a deal with SE?

ladorunner 23 January, 2013 @ 4:54 pm   120

Question: Why is Final Fantasy Dissidia duodecim prologus on the vita, while the actual game is not?
Will the game work on a vita even if the labelling says it wont? Because on the US psn both games work on both handhelds…

ladorunner 23 January, 2013 @ 5:19 pm   121

In addition, the dlc says its compatible with the vita.. The mind, it boggles.

@ladorunner: think its a labelling error as the description for “DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY” on the SEN web store says:

Compatiblewith PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) and PlayStation®Vita.

and it appears under PSP games on the Vita Store itself (i’ve just bought it :D but dont have free space to download it :( and the prologue – thats on the addons section of course).

Hope that helps :)

I’ve heard that when you complete the main story, it unlocks the entire first Dissidia game, but I havent looked it up to see if thats true… but if it is, then i guess theres no point to purchasing that hehe… anyone know?

Seems i lied, as i cant find procant find the prologus on the vita store, but here’s a link to it on the web store (the link in the main post is linking the main game instead doh! :))

HTH.

Overlord1304 24 January, 2013 @ 7:31 am   124

Sale is being weird for me… I’ve bought V, VI, VII, VIII and IX previously but only V and VI are showing up as purchased in the sale? Hope it’s just the sale being funny and not that they have been removed from my download list for some reason. Downloaded games still run fine.

bigdamo08 24 January, 2013 @ 11:18 am   125

Ffx all day

s8109csa_hun 24 January, 2013 @ 2:11 pm   126

Dear Chris,

Thank You for this awesome sale.
I live in Hungary.
What should I do?
Who can finally merge the english store with the hungarian one?
Please tell me who/what is the blocking point and why we’re left behind? I always wrote this or similar post in the past and unfortunately got almost nothing. There are many other games I would buy if they would exist in the hungarian store.
Thanks

fingers crossed this means we will be getting FFXHD soon

DJskeptimist 25 January, 2013 @ 9:49 am   128

has anyone noticed that the download size of these games have quadrupled in size since last week. whats up with that?

Kemra102 25 January, 2013 @ 5:19 pm   129

Hi Chris,

Final Fantasy 7 seems to be charging the full price of £7.99 at check out despite it being clearly labelled as £3.99. When adding it to the cart by itself it resets to show £7.99 in the check out, but if added with other items it shows £3.99 but still adds the full £7.99 to the total. Is this going to be fixed before the offer ends?

DarkCyber87 25 January, 2013 @ 6:08 pm   130

Greetings

Here in Portugal, Final Fantasy VII is charging full price, ) 9.99€, could you fix it, so I can grab it while it is on sale?

ProLibrarian 25 January, 2013 @ 7:40 pm   131

I have the same problem as DarkCyber87 but in Sweden. It’s charging full price but at the same time it says 45:- .

On the store screen it says 40 NOK for Final Fantasy VII. But when i click into the game and tries to buy it, the price changes to 75 NOK. What is up?

KamikazeCamel 25 January, 2013 @ 9:27 pm   133

What’s the deal with FFVII showing full price? I’m sure it was £3.99 yesterday, but went to buy it this evening and it’s showing £7.99. None of the other titles in the sale are affected.

Any chance this could be sorted?

I was going to pick FF VII to IX and noticed that FF VII is now at full price. :S

another thing. You said that the sale is going to be one week only, but in the store it says that the sale will end february 6th, exatly two weeks and not one.

Hi Chris,
Is there any news on Final Fantasy X yet?

kalasewu 26 January, 2013 @ 6:16 am   137

Hi chris, On my vita psn store final fantasy 7 show as 7.99 it supposed to be 3.99 right? Has the promo ends or something wrong with my vita -.-

Scubafinch 26 January, 2013 @ 7:21 am   138

Seeing the same high price for FF VII here in Australia. Looking forward to picking it up when the price is fixed.

j8ckster 26 January, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   139

can we have an answer on the ff7 price please , its the only reason i added funds to my account

Vashetti 26 January, 2013 @ 2:56 pm   140

Hey Chris, please can you put a word in to see if you can start providing the 60Hz NTSC versions as an option for when your purchase the PS1 games?

I have bought Final Fantasy V, VI, VII, VIII and IX, and they’re all in awful, slow PAL 50Hz.

It’s not acceptable in this day and age when there are better versions available on the American store.

In the Polish store FF VII is actually more expensive than before the price-cut! It used to be 36 zł, now it’s 39 zł. Not a good incentive to say the least. Fix that guys!

Nemeth050506 26 January, 2013 @ 4:27 pm   142

Hey, like I see now FF7 discount disappeared. Please, look into it and bring it back. Thank you

I just tried to buy final fantasy 7 and its £7.99 (full price). Thought this was on sale for £3.99?? All the other games are the prices specified… Just wondering if this is a mistake or have I missed something? Cheers

Is it me? or is FF7 Showing € 9.99 instead of € 4.99 ??

Can any “PS Store moderator” adjust the price a.s.a.p. ?

AeonsDead 26 January, 2013 @ 9:28 pm   145

On the store it says the deals run from 23/01/13 – 06/02/13, ie. 2 weeks, which is correct?

Also, like everyone is saying, FF7 has gone back to the full price.

AgentPrince 26 January, 2013 @ 9:41 pm   146

Is there an explanation for Final Fantasy VII only being reduced for 1 day?

Surely it cannot be included in the sale if it is no longer reduced?

ff_manic 27 January, 2013 @ 9:55 am   147

Hey,

Would be really keen to get Chrono Cross!, Legend of Dragoon and Xenosaga?? what are the chances of that happening?

Thanks.

The_Cannon-MOS 27 January, 2013 @ 5:21 pm   148

Like a lot of the other posters here I was going to download FVII at the sale price of £3.99 and have found it’s still listed as £7.99 on the store.

Please can you explain why it’s no longer discounted as its been less than a week.
Thanks.

Hello,

Please can you provide a response to the main queries listed by everyone here…

1) When will FF7 be available again to download at the sale price of £3.99?
2) When does this FF sale end?

Many thanks

I was checking just a minute ago and still the price is not adjusted.

The sale indicates the following :

Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

I really wanted this game for the reduced price please sort it out for your customers!.

enmotent_DE 27 January, 2013 @ 9:42 pm   151

I have an important question! What about languages? I live in Germany, so I have an account on the German PSN. I bought Final Fantasy 5, 6 and Lions War because the description said “Text in English”. But when I saw Final Fantasy 7, it read “This game is in German” (Boooo!) Now my question is, what about FF8 and and FF9?? Are they in German or in English?

Please PSN, answer me before the sale is over!

Glad I bought FF7 for £3.99 on Wednesday.
I suspect that SE only given Sony x amount of promotional pricing on the games. Perhaps the quota for FF7 has already been met (as it is the most popular FF).

Magoo_222 27 January, 2013 @ 10:25 pm   153

Based on past sales where mistakes like this have happened (assuming it is a mistake and not as holoon suggested a quota limit), Sony won’t put the item on sale again afterwards for those who missed out. So it looks like those of us who missed it at £3.99 will have to take a risk at £7.99 and hope that Sony honour the original price with a refund, hopefully without having to spend more than the difference on phone calls to customer support…

Thank you! the correct (discount) price is now submitted for FF7!! Downloading to my Vita now :)

Luna_Quin 28 January, 2013 @ 7:32 pm   155

Any chance the ps1 games run at 60 Hz rather than 50 Hz on the vita?

Wouldn’t mind paying for VII and VIII again if so, but I kinda doubt they do unfortunately…

Also, the post says the sale ends on the 30th, but both the store and a Squeenix site both claim 6th february?

JayManGamer 29 January, 2013 @ 4:56 am   156

I bought Final Fantasy VII not realising it wasn’t the discounted price… Is there anyway I can get money back ? :\ I paid $14.45 instead of $7.35.

AVFCTH0MAS 29 January, 2013 @ 10:06 am   157

Great sale already had VII and IX just never got around to buying VIII since £7.99 was a little too much since in my opinion it wasnt as good as the other 2. But couldnt turn it down at £3.99 so had to pick it up.

The_Last_Ninja 31 January, 2013 @ 9:40 am   158

Hi,
I just bought FF7 on the french PSN, but the french translation is so bad that it make the game un-playable, the localisation is so poor that special character (é à è ù) are not even displayed.
How to get refunded or get the uk version ?

Thx